The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to soccerstud88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM
BoyWonder

soccerstud88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to soccerstud88
Musclegod300

Hey Guys this is actually musclegod300! I know have no proof but if you don't believe me what ever. I haven't been able to get on the forum for the past 2 weeks. When I do get on it though its slow and lagging a lot. I have tried 3 different computers I even just bought a new one on Friday. I even used someone elses Internet and it still didn't work. Every other web page I go to on the earth works fine and fast except this one. So I created a new username using my phone and its been working out ok but still lagging. I will be posting stories under this new name though unless the other one miraculously works someday! Thanks For your Time

-Alex

Last edited by soccerstud88; March 26th, 2008 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to soccerstud88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM
BoyWonder

cough.....
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I wondered what the name change was about, Alex. I can't imagine why it's being problematic, UNLESS you're trying to access it from a school or some other organization that has content / bandwidth filter.

Actually, I've been quite pleased with the Forum's stability lately. It's been weeks (or so it seems) since it was down and compared to last year that's fairly miraculous! (Or Flexodusulous, even!)

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
I've been a member of this forum for the last five years and I've been having problems as well. I am using the latest Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers and no matter what computer I use, I often get a blank (all white) web page after I click on a link on the forum, or I get the "Server is too busy" message. Somestimes, I'll click on a message link, and it will take me back to the main screen instead. I've been having these problems since the beginning of the year. I have cleared out the cookies and I've logged out of the site, but nothing seems to work. I may end up doing the same thing and create a new account sooner or later, if this keeps up...
  #5   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
I haven't had problems. Firefox on a mac.

Do the problems occur at any particular time of day?

The next time you get a white screen, do a View Page Source. Is there anything there?

Does it happen after you have visited a lot of other pages, or is the forum one of the first pages you go to?

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #6   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
hey soccerstud,

Are you still having problems now that you've created a new account?
  #7   Add to soccerstud88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:15 AM
BoyWonder

I Think its My Internet Provider Which Is Comcast Cable.. Because My Friend has the same inter provider and it doesn't work at her house either. But if I use my Iphone The Forum Works fine
  #8   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I haven't had problems. Firefox on a mac.

Do the problems occur at any particular time of day?

The next time you get a white screen, do a View Page Source. Is there anything there?

Does it happen after you have visited a lot of other pages, or is the forum one of the first pages you go to?
Thanks, Corwin! The problems occur whenever I visit the site and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is. I usually visit it during the evenings on weekdays and all day long on weekends, and it really doesn't matter. I did a page source and it comes out completely blank as well, like the page never even gets loaded or sent. This usually happens after I visit a bunch of pages and Firefox is my main browser. I have the latest version at this moment (2.0.0.13) and I'm even using Internet Explorer 8 already, and I'm still having this problem!

I must admit that it has gotten better lately. It was much worse about a month ago. I had to refresh just about every other page. Now, it only happens every once in awhile. Still, it's very annoying when the page doesn't come up.

Thanks for your help!
  #9   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres View Post
Thanks, Corwin! The problems occur whenever I visit the site and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is. I usually visit it during the evenings on weekdays and all day long on weekends, and it really doesn't matter. I did a page source and it comes out completely blank as well, like the page never even gets loaded or sent. This usually happens after I visit a bunch of pages and Firefox is my main browser. I have the latest version at this moment (2.0.0.13) and I'm even using Internet Explorer 8 already, and I'm still having this problem!

I must admit that it has gotten better lately. It was much worse about a month ago. I had to refresh just about every other page. Now, it only happens every once in awhile. Still, it's very annoying when the page doesn't come up.

Thanks for your help!
A few things come immediately to mind. First, I've noticed a memory problem with firefox that it stops loading pages unless you quit and restart. This happens to me more on youtube than here. Flex may also want to check the web logs to see if there are any errors there. Lastly, I wonder if your internet connection is randomly resetting.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #10   Add to calhoun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM

calhoun is on a distinguished road
I have had a problem navigating the site and would appreciate any help. Often, after viewing an embedded video clip, and clicking on the "back" button to return to the index page, I get "stuck" on the page where I viewed the video, and at that point must exit the site all together, back to my homepage, then re-access the site. Is anyone else having this problem? Any solution? Thanks!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options