The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ILRower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2003, 05:30 PM

ILRower
Send a message via AIM to ILRower Send a message via Yahoo to ILRower
Question Hydroxycut or Xenedrin

Curious to find out from people out there, if they used either one of the products? Personally I used one of them help me go from 250 to 190is during a spand of over a year and with training and diet..but seems as though I can't get the "after" picture going for me. (Other than the ads are great to look at Just wanting to know
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2003, 04:44 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
I would avoid Hydroxycut. There was a recent article in the NY Times about the dubious nature of many supplements. The company that makes Hydroxycut actually conducted a study that found it was no better than placebo--they never choose to release the study for obvious reasons but it end up being leaked to the media was then widely reported.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:14 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Never

They sound like other, "thermalgenic" weight-loss procucts. Wether a product like that does, or does not have ephedra in it, I'd treat it like it does. I'd take at most the recemended amount. Also, I'd avoid caffine while taking them. I'm sure those products are safe if taken in moderation, but I think you can find many similar products for lower prices at a health food store.
  #4   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2003, 10:50 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
I agree with Brent

I've not had good luck with ephedra products when I've tried them, and I agree with Brent -- there's a significant degree of uncertainty and risk in taking metabolic stimulants of that potency, especially (as buffdoc pointed out) when they come from companies that have used....ahem, creative methods....to determine potency, dosage, and the possibility of side effects.

Looks like we're stuck with diet and exercise. <g>
  #5   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2003, 01:55 PM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
Two years ago I weighed 275, and am now 165. At first I just started getting daily exercise and eating sensibly, and lost my first 40 lbs pretty easily, but then the weight loss leveled off. After a few weeks of no more weight loss, I began looking at taking weight loss products. I tried both Hydroxycut and Xenadrine, amoung a few others, and for me, neither one did much. I personally had good success with a product called Fastrim, and stayed with it for 10 months. The only reason I eventually stopped taking Fastrim was because I lost my job and could no longer afford the monthly bottle. But by then I was fitting into pants with a waist size of 32", so I was happy. Fastrim used to have a website, but it appears to be gone now, so maybe its not available any longer.

I still have a bit of a "spare tire" and the remains of my "love handles", but I am down to 14% body fat, and honestly have never felt better in my life. Now I'm working on putting muscle onto my newly slim frame. Now I would like to find a product to help me lose the last remaining amounts of excessive fat, and also to help keep me lean so the new muscles will show. Anyone have any suggestions? What about Ripped Fuel? That has been around for years.
  #6   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2003, 02:01 PM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
Two years ago I weighed 275, and am now 165. At first I just started getting daily exercise and eating sensibly, and lost my first 40 lbs pretty easily, but then the weight loss leveled off. After a few weeks of no more weight loss, I began looking at taking weight loss products. I tried both Hydroxycut and Xenadrine, amoung a few others, and for me, neither one did much. I personally had good success with a product called Fastrim, and stayed with it for 10 months. The only reason I eventually stopped taking Fastrim was because I lost my job and could no longer afford the monthly bottle. But by then I was fitting into pants with a waist size of 32", so I was happy. Fastrim used to have a website, but it appears to be gone now, so maybe its not available any longer.

I still have a bit of a "spare tire" and the remains of my "love handles", but I am down to 14% body fat, and honestly have never felt better in my life. Now I'm working on putting muscle onto my newly slim frame. Now I would like to find a product to help me lose the last remaining amounts of excessive fat, and also to help keep me lean so the new muscles will show. Anyone have any suggestions? What about Ripped Fuel? That has been around for years.
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:01 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I didn't mean to sound absolutely against these metabalic stimulents, just be VERY respectful of them. Once I was working at a natural foods store, and I sampled a new herbal diet pill (that was a metabalic stimulent) for a few days. I felt great, I had tons of energy, no appitite, and I was constantly buzzed. When I reported on it I suggested not carrying this product; after only 4 days I was temped to abuse it! My point is to be extreamly careful with these powerful drugs. Like steriods, I think people should be allowed to use them if they want to, but I wouldn't use them myself. As for Ripped Fuel? I believe it is a Twin Labs? product, and I like many of their products. They have a great reputation, but you may find a similar product at a lowwer price.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options