The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:16 AM

sl97aq
Andrew Chapter 24

ANDREW CHAPTER 24: MIKE'S INTRODUCTION TO ANDREW'S LIFE AT SCHOOL
Andrew woke up on Monday, the day after his birthday, and looked at the calendar. He noticed that it was October 17th and he smiled to himself as he realized that he and Carrie had woken up in bed together in South Beach just one week before.
?Before this week is out, I intend to ask Carrie?s father if Carrie and I can sleep in the same bed every night, not just on vacations,? Andrew said to himself. ?He shouldn?t have a problem with that now that we are both 18 years old.? He sat up and looked in the mirror. He flexed all his massive upper body muscles and grinned. ?Yeah, I?m huge!? he laughed in excitement. ?I can?t see any reason why Carrie wouldn?t want to wake up in the arms of a huge muscle god like me every morning!?
Andrew got out of bed, washed and dressed himself and then went downstairs for breakfast. He found his parents and his sister Sarah waiting for him at the dining room table, which had breakfast laid out on it.
"Good morning Andrew; we have a big breakfast waiting for you," Susan said. "Sit down and eat it before it gets cold."
"Okay Mom," Andrew said, as he picked up his fork and began eating the scrambled eggs. "Happy Birthday Sarah."
"Thank you Andrew," Sarah said. "Or should I call you Big Brother?"
"Oh yeah, I was born about half an hour before you were, wasn't I?" Andrew realized. "And I'm certainly a big brother in size as well."
"I think that you're a big brother in the mentor aspect as well," Chad said, as they continued eating.
"What are you talking about Dad?" Andrew asked, once he had swallowed a mouthful of sausage.
"You're a big brother to aspiring football players like Mark and Mike, mentoring them towards success on the football field," Chad reminded his son. "You truly are a big man at school and I imagine that you will also become the 'Big Man on Campus' at the University of Miami next fall."
"Oh yeah, just like Anthony predicted," Andrew realized. "Thanks a lot for reminding me of that Dad."
"You're welcome Andrew," Chad said. "After breakfast, we'll take a closer look at the modified car that will add to your image of the 'Big Man' at high school."
"Yeah my car certainly has become a 'sports car for a sports star', hasn't it?" Andrew realized.
"That's very true," Chad said, smiling at how smart his son was. "You don't miss a thing, do you son?"
"I guess I don't," Andrew agreed, as he stood up from the table. "I think there's more to me than just muscle: I actually have a brain as well."
"Of course you do son; it would be pretty hard to stand there talking to me without one, wouldn't it?" Chad asked him with a chuckle.
"Hard, but not impossible," Andrew replied. "After all, there are some people without brains who do an awful lot of talking!"
Andrew was referring to David Harrington at the mall the day before, but when he saw Chad start laughing, Andrew's angry thoughts vanished and he started laughing too.
"You're a really funny guy Andrew!" Chad chuckled, waving goodbye to Susan and Sarah as they headed out to work and school respectively. "I see that you haven't lost your ability to make people laugh!"
Andrew helped his dad clear away and wash the breakfast dishes and then Chad led his son out to the garage to get a good look at Andrew's new car in full daylight. Chad opened the garage door and then pulled off the car cover.
"Enjoy it son; you've certainly earned it," Chad said, smiling at the pleased look on Andrew's face.
Andrew ran his hand gently along the left side of his car, marveling at the smoothness of the Royal Blue paint, the shape of the tailfin and the frosted lights. He noticed that his dad had also added a full body kit to the car, truly making it look like something out of the Fast and the Furious movies.
"This is amazing Dad; it's the car I've always wanted!" Andrew shouted in gratitude.
"Yes, these kinds of cars are very popular with teenagers right now, so I'm not surprised that you're so pleased with it," Chad said. "I used my police connections to get all those modifications approved, but just make sure that you don't abuse the latitude the police have given us."
"I won't Dad, and thanks a lot," Andrew said. "It's a 'cool sports car for a cool sports star'! Wait until Carrie sees it in full daylight!"
"You'd better dress for the occasion; go inside and change into the new clothes Carrie bought you yesterday," Chad advised him.
"Which clothes?" Andrew asked him. "Carrie bought several outfits."
"Try the leather jacket and cowboy boots that go with your bike," Chad suggested. "Then you'll look more like someone who would drive such a cool car."
"Good idea Dad; I'll be right back," Andrew said. He walked back into the house and paused just inside the front doorway. "Let me know if Carrie comes before I'm done changing."
"I will son," Chad assured him. Andrew closed the door and went upstairs to change. Chad turned back towards Andrew's car and sighed. "I feel slightly guilty giving into the 'Fast and the Furious' fad for Andrew, but as someone once said, 'You're only young once, and then you're old for a long time.' I just hope that Andrew doesn't show off this car too much, despite what I told him on Saturday about appreciating the attention from his fans. And even though I'm his father, and his boss, I am also a fan of his on the football field!"
It didn't take long for Andrew to come downstairs in his new outfit, but by then Carrie had arrived.
"There's the cool guy," Carrie said, referring to his leather jacket, cowboy boots and sunglasses.
"Thanks Carrie," Andrew said with a cocky grin. "Ready to go for a ride?"
"Sure big guy," Carrie agreed. "See you later Mr. Pearson."
"Bye Carrie," Chad said. "Have a good day at school you two and see you tonight for Sarah's birthday."
"Bye Dad," Andrew said, waving to his father as he held the passenger door open for Carrie.
Carrie sat down and did up her seatbelt and Andrew closed the door.
"Thank you for holding the door open for me Andrew," Carrie said, as Andrew got into the car. As he put on his seatbelt, she added, "I can see that you're still a gentleman, even though you're dressed as a really tough man!"
"I may have a tough brawny exterior, but I'm still your gentle giant inside," Andrew reminded her, as he backed them down the driveway.
As they headed to school, Carrie said, "I'm glad that you're still a gentle man Andrew!"
"I'm also a scholar, thanks to my 90 average!" Andrew reminded her.
"I really walked into that joke, didn't I?" Carrie realized. "I had forgotten how smart you are!"
"Smart enough to have fallen in love with you," Andrew reminded her, smiling softly and holding her hand.
"Aww, don't make me cry!" Carrie begged him, squeezing his hand gently. "That's the most beautiful thing you've said to me since your proposal on South Beach!"
"I'm glad I could remind you of that night," Andrew said with a quiet grin. "I can't wait to make that promise a reality!"
Carrie smiled at him, imagining their future life together and they drove the rest of the way to school in silence.
Once they got to school, Andrew parked the car and they both got out.
"Oh, no one to meet us," Andrew said, noticing that the parking lot was empty. "Maybe all the fans are mobbing Steve this morning."
"After you blabbed about him lifting your car, what did you expect?" Carrie asked him in surprise. "But it was really smart of you to trick him into revealing his enhancement like that!"
"Yes it was," Andrew agreed. "Now he gets to see what the attention of fans is like. Maybe we can sneak past the crowd while they're distracted swarming him."
"Good idea; let's try it," Carrie agreed.
So they headed across the parking lot and came up to the doors on the northwest corner of the school. There, they found Mike Stevenson waiting for them.
"Hey Andrew," Mike greeted him. "How are you doing today?"
"I'm great man, especially after my surprise birthday party last night," Andrew replied. "How are you doing today Mike?"
"I'm fine, as long as I avoid the crowd that has swarmed Steve," Mike replied.
"Why would you need to avoid that crowd?" Andrew asked him, looking confused.
"Now that I'm being trained by you, I am getting swept up in your popularity," Mike replied.
"I know exactly how you feel Mike," Carrie stated. "I feel the same way when I'm around Andrew and the cameras swarm him. In fact, Andrew has threatened to tell the media that I am hoping to become a female NHL Player one day."
"Yes, that would certainly be a newsworthy event," Mike agreed. He turned to Andrew and said, "Anyway, I thought I would come out and warn you about the crowd inside, since I know that you don't like crowds."
"Why do you think that?" Andrew asked him, wondering if Martin had told Mike about his chat with Andrew the night before.
"I saw the grin on your face when the crowd ran after Steve with their cameras on Saturday," Mike replied.
"You couldn't have seen the expression on my face at that time," Andrew said, choosing his words carefully. "You spoke up from behind me, remember? But that's a good try Mike."
"Good try?? Mike repeated, trying to look innocent. ?What are you talking about Andrew?"
"You're trying to get me to reveal what the expression on my face was when I saw the crowd run after Steve two days ago," Andrew replied. "Then you'll know whether or not I was relieved to be free of the cameras."
"I guess I can?t fool you,? Mike realized. ?When did you get so smart Andrew?"
"Since your brother started tutoring me three years ago in exchange for football training," Andrew replied. "So, should we go inside now and see if the crowd is too focused on Steve to notice my arrival?"
"Yes Andrew, let's go inside," Mike replied. "I hope that plan of your works; I know how shy you are."
"You're right man; I am shy," Andrew said without thinking. As he turned to hug and kiss Carrie goodbye, he missed Mike's look of shock. "I am going to come by your house tonight Carrie; I have something to ask your father."
"Are you going to ask him if we can sleep together in the same bed tonight?' Carrie whispered in his ear. When Andrew nodded, Carrie grinned and kissed him deeply. "I will certainly look forward to that big man! See you at home tonight Andrew!"
"See you Carrie," Andrew said, releasing her slowly from his soft grip. He smiled as Carrie walked into the school using the far entrance. "Let's go inside now Mike: you lead the way."
Mike led the way to the door on the northwest corner of the school and held the door open for Andrew. Then he followed Andrew down the hall towards the voices of the football team. As Andrew turned the corner into the main hallway, he saw some of the team members standing near his locker talking to Steve.
"Hey, there's Andrew!" Ralph and Connor shouted in unison.
"Hey guys," Andrew greeted them, grinning at their excitement. "How's Steve doing now that he?s the new Car Lifter in town?"
"I'm just fine man," Steve replied, stepping forward to shake Andrew's hand. "How are you doing, now that you can tilt cars with one hand now?"
All the football players turned to stare at Andrew in amazement, which kept him from glaring at Steve in fury.
"Drat you man!" Andrew screamed at Steve, grinning so that no one would know how mad he was. "Why'd you have to go and tell everyone about that?"
"By forcing me into a strength test on Saturday, you walked into an even bigger one yourself!" Steve informed him. He grinned as he noticed Andrew thinking about that for a few seconds and he was pleased that he had managed to deflect the fans' attention towards Andrew once again. He was pleased that he was no longer jealous of Andrew's greater strength, having experienced enough hero worship from his own feat of great strength to erase his jealousy of Andrew for now. "I guess the crowd didn't see that you used only one hand to tilt the car, since the car hid your hands from the view of the crowd."
"That means that the cameras the crowd members had only caught your great strength, not mine," Andrew suddenly realized. He grinned and added, "So there's no proof that I didn't have to use both hands to tilt the car towards you. So it appears that you're stronger that I am now."
Andrew was pleased that Mike didn?t tell anyone that he had seen Andrew tilt the car with one hand. But he wasn?t prepared for what the Editor of the school newspaper had to say next.
?My camera caught your amazing feat of strength Saturday night Andrew,? the Editor said. ?I was also in the crowd on Saturday afternoon when you hurled that tree across the road to unblock the road.?
Andrew turned to stare at him very slowly in fury and no one else saw that look because the Editor had spoken up from behind the crowd of football players and fans. The Editor gulped in fear as he saw Andrew?s dark look and he also noticed that Andrew was clenching his fists in fury.
?Uh, I?m sorry I just blurted that out in front of everyone Andrew!? the Editor stammered in fear. ?But I saw that on the news Saturday night and I thought it was amazing!? He noticed the football players staring at him. ?Didn?t any of you guys see it??
?No we didn?t man,? Steve replied. ?What are you talking about? No one, not even Andrew, could flip a tree across the road!? He turned to Andrew, who was grinning. ?What do you think of this ridiculous story Andrew??
?I think it?s a wild fantasy,? Andrew replied, pleased that no one believed the Editor. He turned to the Editor and said, ?I think you?ll have to try some other story for your headline Barry; you have no proof of this one. Check your sources next time.? Barry went to speak but Andrew raised a massive hand and said, ?Why don?t you film Steve lifting a car above his head; then you can have a legitimate headline for tomorrow.?
?That?s a good idea Andrew,? Barry hastily agreed, pleased that Andrew?s good idea had kept him out of trouble. ?Let?s go everyone and find out if Steve is as strong as Andrew says he is.?
Everyone headed outside and Andrew stayed behind with Barry, waiting until everyone had left the building. Then he pulled Barry into the nearby male washroom.
?What do you think you?re doing man?? he asked Barry in anger, checking under the stalls to make sure they were alone. ?I?m trying to keep Steve from getting jealous about my greater strength and you threaten everything by blurting out my true strength!?
?I-I?m sorry about that Andrew,? Barry stammered, backing up against the bathroom wall as Andrew advanced on him. ?I guess you?re a lot smarter that you look.? He saw Andrew?s face turn from red with anger to purple with fury and was speechless with terror. ?I-I-I?? he stammered. ?I?m sorry Andrew! Don?t hurt me man!?
?I only have one thing to say to you man!? Andrew roared in fury, sliding Barry up the wall with one hand. ?Don?t you ever call me dumb again, even in a round about way! Is that clear punk!? Barry nodded hastily, but it wasn?t good enough for Andrew. ?I said, ?Is that clear?? I asked you a question; answer it with either a yes or a no!?
?Yes!? Barry screeched in terror. ?Could you let me down please man??
?Yeah man,? Andrew said, feeling ashamed of his anger. He slid Barry down the wall carefully and said, ?I?m sorry I scared you so badly man, but I hate people thinking that I?m just a big dumb jock!? He thought for a moment and then realized something. ?I guess my behavior just now made me look dumb as well!? As he led them out of the washroom, he added, ?I just get so mad when people assume that I?m just a jock! They don?t bother to look any deeper to see if I have a brain as well! You know, if you really want to get a complete story about me, why don?t you talk to Connor and Ralph? They have been trained by me on the field and they have also tutored me in hard subjects. So they can tell you how smart I am now!?
"That's a good idea Andrew," Barry agreed hastily. "Now, we'd better get outside before everyone wonders where we went."
"Good idea man," Andrew agreed, leading the way down the hall to the end doors. He looked around for a moment and realized something. "I didn't see which way they went, Barry."
"I think I see Ralph and Connor waving to you from the end of the hall," Barry said, pointing to the end doors.
Andrew looked closely and saw that he was right. So he led the way down the hall to the doors, which Ralph and Connor held open for them.
"Where were you two?" Connor asked Andrew. "I looked behind me as we headed outside and you were gone!"
"Just giving Barry some last minute tips on how to capture Steve's great strength without distracting him," Andrew said hastily. "Is everyone ready outside?"
"Yes they are Andrew," Ralph replied. As they stepped up to the crowd of football players, he added, "Let's see if Steve can lift a car above his head like you did in Miami."
"There's a big difference between tilting a car and lifting one," Steve reminded Andrew. "Are you sure I can do it."
"Yes I am man, since you beat me once in arm wrestling on Saturday night," Andrew replied. "So it's your turn to be a hero and raise your university profile at the same time."
"Thanks for reminding me of that Andrew," Steve said, looking around at the crowd of friends and fans around him. "I'm ready."
Steve bent down and carefully lifted up the right side of Andrew's car. Then he positioned himself underneath it and grabbed the left side of the car. Steve stood up very slowly; making sure that Andrew's car was carefully balanced on his massive shoulders.
"Be careful with my car Steve; it was just tricked out yesterday," Andrew warned him.
"Not to worry Andrew; I won't drop it," Steve assured him, panting as he straightened his arms. "If I damaged your car, you might damage me!"
"The old Andrew probably would have," Andrew agreed. "But the new Andrew is trying to control his great strength and his bad temper these days. So don't worry about me hurting you Steve." He watched Steve military press his car a few times and added, "You're getting so strong that I doubt I could hurt you anyway!"
"That could be true," Steve agreed, panting slightly as he military-pressed the car a few more times. He lowered the car down to his shoulders again and said to Andrew, "It's your turn now."
"I guess it is," Andrew agreed, stepping forward and shifting the car onto his shoulders.
"Won't the car be too light for you?" Steve asked Andrew, bending over to catch his breath.
"Yes it will; that's why we're going to add some weight to the car," Andrew decided. He turned to Mike and said, "Do you trust me Mike?"
"Yes I do Andrew," Mike replied. "What do you have in mind?"
"Get onto the trunk of the car, to balance the weight of the engine," Andrew replied.
"Okay Andrew," Mike agreed. He stepped forward and then realized something. "How do I get up there? I'm afraid that if I try to jump up there, I'll unbalance the car!"
"Good point Mike," Andrew agreed. He turned towards the crowd and said, "Get Connor to lift you onto the trunk."
"That's a very good idea Andrew," Connor agreed, stepping forward and lifting Mike up. He placed him gently onto the car trunk and then stepped back to watch Andrew continue his demonstration of superhuman strength. "Go ahead and amaze us Andrew."
?Yeah, I?d better do what I do best: which is show off my great strength!? Andrew agreed.
He began military-pressing the car a few times, as Mike held himself steady on the trunk. Andrew?s teammates were amazed at how easy it seemed for Andrew to hold a car above his head, and Andrew grinned at the looks on their faces. He kept going until he got to ten repetitions. Then he slowly squatted down until Mike could slide off the car. Steve steadied Mike as Andrew set the car down on its wheels again.
?How did you enjoy the ride Mike?? Andrew asked him, turning to face him.
Mike was speechless and he stared up at Andrew in amazement.
?I think you scared him speechless Andrew,? Steve said, laying his hands gently on Mike?s shoulders to calm him down. Mike froze, and Steve said, ?Hey don?t be scared of me as well Mike!?
?He can?t help it Steve,? Connor reminded him, stepping up to Mike slowly. ?You and Andrew seem to be almost equal now, in terms of your superhuman strength. Of course Mike would be scared of that, and so am I.?
?That wasn?t my intention at all,? Steve assured him; secretly glad that his team members were intimidated by his great strength. ?I just want everyone to know that Andrew isn?t the only one around here who can lift cars in the air.?
?We know that Steve, and I?m glad that you match my great strength now,? Andrew said. ?I must admit that it was lonely at the top, but now I have some company.? He looked down at Mike, who he noticed still had a look of fear on his face. ?Are you okay Mike? We didn?t scare you too badly, did we??
?I-I just can?t believe that both you and Steve can lift cars above your heads!? Mike gasped in amazement. ?And you lifted the car with me on the trunk! You?re not just a Super Jock man; you?re a god!?
?Thanks man,? Andrew said, slapping his shoulder lightly. He hid the discomfort he felt at being referred to as a god and said, ?I keep getting stronger everyday! And I always get tempted to show off!? He stepped right up to Mike, towering over him by 14 inches. ?Mike, you only come up to my chest. It really strains my neck to have to stare down at you.? He reached out gently and lifted Mike off the ground until they were at eye level. ?There, that?s better: you can look me in the eyes now.?
Mike?s eyes widened in fear, even though Andrew was smiling and his grip was really gentle.
?You-you just picked me up like a rag doll!? he stammered in fear. ?Please put me down man!?
?This is why you need to work out Mike; so that no one can manhandle you again,? Andrew informed him. He held Mike out at arm?s length and added, ?So, if you help me ace my Physics test, I?ll help you work out so that you can become big and strong like me.? He turned to the few team members who were left and said, ?Oh, and Mike wanted me to ask if anyone else on the team besides me needs tutoring from him.? Ralph, Steve and Connor raised their hands. ?Okay, you guys go get your Physics textbooks and meet me and Mike in the classroom in 20 minutes,? Andrew ordered them.
As his teammates walked towards the school, Andrew noticed that Barry, the Editor of the school newspaper, was still present.
?What can I do for you Barry?? Andrew asked him, opening his car door.
?I think I realized why none of your teammates saw the footage I was referring to earlier,? Barry replied. He swallowed hard as Andrew turned to look at him with his football bag slung over his massive shoulder. ?I-I didn?t mean to remind you of that Andrew, but I think it?s important for me to tell you how that secret will stay safe.?
?Are you talking about how Andrew flipped a tree over the road on Saturday afternoon?? Mike asked him quietly, so that no one else could hear them. Andrew glared at him in fury before he realized that they were alone in the parking lot. ?Sorry about that Andrew, but that great feat of strength can stay between us, since everyone else went inside.?
Andrew?s angry look faded into a sheepish grin as he realized that Mike was right.
?I?m glad you know what I?m talking about Mike; it makes it easier to explain,? Barry said. ?You see, the news station only aired the footage in the middle of the afternoon and at 11pm, which are both times that no teenager would be home on a weekend.?
"You're absolutely right Barry, and I see now why you blurted out that piece of news earlier; you knew no one saw it on Saturday!" Andrew realized. "I have to apologize again for losing my temper about that in the washroom earlier."
"That's okay Andrew," Barry assured him, missing the shocked look on Mike's face. "Don't worry about it man."
"Thanks man," Andrew said gratefully, slapping his shoulder lightly. "Now, we'd better get inside and get ready for Physics class."
"Good idea Andrew," Mike agreed, holding the door open for Andrew. "Make way for the muscle god everyone!"
"Stop that Mike!" Andrew shouted in embarrassment. He couldn't stop grinning though, as he saw the amazed looks on the faces of everyone they passed on the way to Andrew's locker. "If you keep referring to me as a god, I might start to believe it!"
"What would you do then?" Mike asked him, as he watched Andrew stuff his football bag sideways into his gym locker. As Andrew struggled out of his tight-fitting leather jacket, he added, "Would you start treating us all like servants who have to worship you?"
"Good idea Mike," Andrew teased him, smiling slightly. He handed Mike his Physics books from the top shelf of his locker and added, "You might as well start being my servant now!" He put on his football jacket, which was even tighter than his leather jacket, almost to the point of seam splitting! "How do I look man: do I look like a muscle god?"
"Yes you do Andrew," Mike agreed, leading the way into the Science Wing. "Let's go to my locker now and then you can carry my books!"
"Hey you can't tell me what to do Little Man!" Andrew growled at him. When Mike looked up at Andrew in shock, Andrew grinned and added, "I'm just kidding man! I'd be glad to help you."
Once they reached Mike's locker, Mike tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. He realized that he had forgotten about his jammed lock. No matter how much he tugged down on the lock, he couldn't get it to open.
"Step aside man; let the Muscle God snap that lock for you," Andrew ordered him. He wrapped his massive hand around the lock and then looked down at Mike. "You do have a spare lock, don't you Mike?"
"Yes I do Andrew," Mike replied.
"Good," Andrew said, snapping the lock effortlessly with one quick jerk. "There you go man, the locker's open."
"Thanks man," Mike said gratefully. He took his Physics books out of his locker and handed them to Andrew. "I'm ready for class now."
"Good, then follow me," Andrew ordered him, as Mike closed the locker. Mike had to quicken his pace to keep up with Andrew's long strides. "Hurry up man; the Muscle God waits for no one!" Andrew snapped with a smirk, loving the thought of being a Muscle God.
Mike hurried to keep up with Andrew as they headed through the Science Wing towards the Physics classroom. Andrew smirked as he saw all the students scramble hastily out of his way as he walked down the hall. Andrew felt a rush of power surge through him as he realized that the students both feared and respected him.
Once they reached the Physics classroom, Mike realized that Steve, Connor and Ralph were already inside with their Physics notes and textbooks.
"Glad you made it guys," Andrew greeted his friends.
"You changed your jacket Andrew," Connor realized, slightly scared of the cocky smirk on Andrew's face.
"Well I'm glad you're not blind Connor!" Andrew teased him.
"Stop making fun of me Andrew!" Connor laughed. "I can see the grin on your face!"
"It's not a grin; it's a smirk!" Andrew corrected him. He stepped forward and loomed over Connor, feeling a sudden rush of power when he realized how much he dwarfed his friend. "What do you think you're going to do about it?" He reached forward and grabbed Connor by the front of his jacket, hoisting him effortlessly into the air with one massive arm. He shook him a couple of times and asked, "Well? What are you going to do about it?" When Connor didn't answer, Andrew dragged him to within an inch of his face and growled, "I asked you a question punk and I expect an answer!" When Connor stayed silent, petrified as he stared at Andrew, Andrew smirked and said, "That's what I thought man! Nothing to say!"
He let Connor down to the floor and sat down in his seat behind him. Ralph, Steve and Mike stared at Andrew in shock for a few seconds until he looked up at them.
"What're you looking at?" he growled at them. "Do you guys have something to say to me, or will you be as silent as Connor?"
The look of fury on his face was so scary that even Steve didn't have anything to say and he just sat down beside Connor. Ralph sat down on Connor's right side. Mike sat in front of Connor and began to go over the homework of the three jocks, hoping to put Andrew's fury out of his mind.
I never realized that Andrew would get so mad at Barry accidentally spilling the secret of him shoving the tree across the road. Andrew's so mad, he seems to have forgotten that no one believed Barry's wild, but true, story!
Andrew clenched his fists in fury as he sat at his desk and then he suddenly realized that he was experiencing some of the rage that Dr. Johnson had warned him about on Saturday.
I'd better take some of those pills he gave me, Andrew realized. I forgot to take them when I woke up this morning.
He walked quickly out of the classroom and into the nearby washroom, digging his hand into his pocket to extract the bottle of pills. But his jeans were so tight that he could barely fit two fingers into his pocket. When he got to the sink, he noticed some small guys washing their hands.
"Get out of here!" Andrew yelled at them; furious that they were witnessing his difficulties. The kids ran out of the washroom, terrified that Andrew would hurt them if they didn't obey him. "That's right; keep running punks, and don't come back!" Andrew chuckled to himself as he turned to face the mirror and noticed how big and massive he looked. "Yeah, I'm a god!" he roared. "Anyone who gets in my way will be sorry!"
He finally managed to use both hands to get into his pocket and extract the bottle of pills. He opened the bottle of pills and swallowed a couple, washing them down with a drink of water from the fountain. As he straightened up to look in the mirror, he noticed the look of fury that was still on his face. Andrew frowned slightly and realized that Barry's accidental revelation of his true strength was making him really angry. But when he looked back on how he had expressed that anger around his friends and around strangers, he realized that he was showing the symptoms of Roid Rage, just as Dr. Johnson had warned him he would.
"I'd better get back into the classroom and apologize to my friends," Andrew said to himself. "I don't want them to be scared of me!"
As he walked back to the classroom, not noticing everyone scattering hastily out of his way, Andrew realized that he was getting too hot in his football jacket. He stopped outside the classroom and tried to take it off. He realized that his arms completely filled the sleeves, almost to the point of splitting them. He finally struggled out of his skintight jacket, realizing that a 4XL football jacket was obviously smaller than a 4XL leather jacket.
You'd think it would be the other way around, since leather jackets need to be skintight to provide the proper protection when riding a motorbike, he thought to himself. But the way I'm growing, my leather jacket will soon fit like a second skin, just like my football jacket and jeans do now!
Andrew realized that he should be more modest and wear looser clothes, but he was so obsessed with showing off his muscles that he didn't want to give up skintight clothes. He also realized that he had worn tight clothes since Grade Five, when he had grown to fill his first t-shirt and pair of jeans.
I got so caught up in looking really tough and muscular to intimidate Darrell that I didn't realize that my clothes have grown progressively tighter over the last seven years! I guess no one else mentioned it because they're just too scared of me! And after the way I acted about ten minutes ago, it's no wonder my friends are scared of me!
Andrew stepped into the classroom, anxious to make amends with his friends. But he noticed the teacher at the front of the room and realized that class was about to start. So Andrew had to wait until class was over to approach his friends.
"I need to talk to you guys for a minute," Andrew said, approaching his friends slowly so that he wouldn't scare them.
"What do you want to talk about?" Steve asked him nervously, afraid that Andrew would get mad at him for asking that question.
"I need to apologize to you guys for scaring you so badly; especially you Connor," Andrew apologized, trying futilely to stuff his hands into his pockets. "I didn't mean to let my anger at Barry spread to you guys; you've done nothing wrong."
"Why would you be mad at Barry if he was making up that story about you shoving that tree across the road?" Connor asked Andrew hesitantly.
"He didn't make that story up; it was true Connor," Andrew admitted. "I just tried to pretend it didn't happen so that I wouldn't get swarmed for being a hero once again."
"I know that story was true Andrew; we all saw it on the Saturday afternoon news special," Steve informed Andrew.
"Then why didn't you guys confirm Barry's story when he told it to the entire football team?" Andrew asked him.
"I knew firsthand by then what a media frenzy was like, thanks to your trick on me Saturday afternoon," Steve replied. "Since the attention of all my fans made me uncomfortable, I didn't want you to have to go through anymore unwanted attention from your fans."
"Good for you Steve; I'm glad you finally get it," Andrew congratulated him, slapping him lightly on the shoulder. "You guys better get to class now."
"Come tutor us during lunch at our table Mike!" Steve shouted as he and his friends headed down the hall. "Your help was invaluable during class just now!"
"Glad I could help Steve; I'd be glad to do it again!" Mike assured him. He turned to Andrew as they headed down the hall towards Mike's locker. "I can't believe that Steve of all people just invited me to eat lunch with all you football jocks!'
"Hey, you're one of the guys now Mike," Andrew reminded him, patting his shoulder gently. "You were always welcome at the Football Table, especially since your brother sat there for the past three years."
"That means a lot Andrew; thanks a lot," Mike informed him. "I never thought that I would be so accepted by our and all your jock friends! I should have talked to you guys years ago: when my brother did!"
"You were always welcome Big Guy," Andrew assured him, anxious to make up for scaring Mike so badly before Physics class. "Our table's not an exclusive one for football players only you know! Our friends and girlfriends have sat there as well over the years, and now you have a place there now, just like your brother."
He thought about what he had just said and his eyes misted up with tears.
"What's wrong Andrew?" Mike asked him, thinking that he saw a hint of tears in Andrew's eyes.
"I never thought that I would miss Mark so much," Andrew realized. "He was the one person, besides Carrie of course, that I could reveal everything to."
"What did you reveal to him Andrew?" Mike asked him cautiously, not wanting to pry.
"I'll tell you when we're alone man," Andrew promised him, laying a massive hand on his small shoulder. "But for now, you just make sure you keep tutoring me and I'll make sure that you keep working out! Then you'll become huge like me!" He flexed his massive bicep, which stretched the sleeve of his skintight jacket almost to the point of splitting the seams, and he didn't notice that they had reached Mike's locker. He looked down to see three skinny guys, even smaller than Mike, staring up at him in awe. "Hey what's up guys?" Andrew greeted them.
"Hey man," one of the guys said nervously. "How are you Big Guy?"
"Just fine man," Andrew replied, wondering why the guy was greeting him just like Mike would. "Do I know you dude?"
"No you don't Andrew, but everyone knows you, because of your reputation as an awesome football star!" the kid replied. He stared up at Andrew in awe and added, "You're the hero of the school Andrew!"
"Thanks man," Andrew said, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the attention. But then he looked down at his clothes and realized that if they made him look tough, he had to act tough as well. "What's your name man?" Andrew growled softly, crossing his arms over his massive chest.
"My-my name's Nathan," Nathan stammered, hardly believing his eyes as he noticed Andrew?s skintight jacket stretching tightly across his massive chest. He pointed to his two companions and said, "That's Stuart and the guy beside him is Leonard."
"Pleased to meet you guys," Andrew said softly, shaking their hands gently. "Now, how do you guys know so much about me when we haven't met before?"
"You're a huge football star Andrew!" Nathan shouted in astonishment. "Your reputation has spread throughout the entire school and everyone knows who you are by now! You've put our school on the map and you'll win us the Provincial Championship next month!"
"I won't do it alone," Andrew reminded him, no longer trying to deny the inevitability of his team winning the championship late next month. "The entire team will work together to make it happen! But even Steve, who matches my strength now, said the same thing about me! You don't think that I alone will win that trophy do you?"
"I wouldn't be surprised if you could!" Stuart piped up. "You're the one who scored five touchdowns in Friday's game and kept the other team's defense from scoring and..."
"Okay, okay, stop it Stuart!" Andrew ordered him, holding his hands up to calm Stuart down. "I already have the MVP Trophy from last year and my name on the MVP Trophy here at school and my athletic scholarship application mailed away to University of Miami! I already have enough attention to last a lifetime: a lifetime of financial security that is!"
"I guess you do know how to take pride in your abilities after all," Leonard realized. "I was beginning to wonder if you're shy."
"If I was shy, do you think I'd do this?" Andrew growled in fury, flexing his massive bicep right in front of Leonard's face.
Leonard's jaw dropped in astonishment as he saw Andrew's massive rippling bicep completely filling the sleeve of his football jacket so fully that it looked like it was about to bust apart.
"I-I-I..." was all Leonard managed to get out.
Andrew looked around at Mike and his friends and straightened up to his full height. He smirked as he crossed his massive arms across his chest, his gigantic pecs completely filling his jacket. Mike walked around Andrew slowly, noticing that his jacket was so tight that it could barely fit over his bulging lats, pecs and wide back, not to mention his massive shoulders.
"I guess we'd better get to the Library now Andrew," Nathan stammered, backing slowly away from Andrew's massive frame.
"Good idea man; see you later," Andrew said, turning to face Mike.
"Why will you see us there later?" Nathan asked Andrew, looking confused.
"Because I sometimes go to the Library to study during Spare," Andrew replied. He looked at Nathan and asked, "Did you think that I would never go to the Library just because I'm a jock?" Nathan nodded quickly, afraid to lie to Andrew. "That's just a stereotype man: that jocks never study," Andrew informed him. "How do you think I'm going to get my athletic scholarship? I need to have good grades to qualify for it!"
"I didn't know that Andrew," Nathan said. "I didn't mean to offend you."
"I hope not!" Andrew shouted. "I'm not a dumb jock man; got that?" Nathan nodded quickly, terrified of Andrew's fury. "Good man, I'm glad you get it. After all, stereotypes work both ways, you know. I could just as easily assume that you and your friends are skinny little runts who aren't worthy of my attention. But I'm still standing here talking to you, aren't I? So I obviously don't think I'm better than you just because I'm a jock."
"That's right Andrew," Leonard agreed, leading the way towards the Library. "I'm glad that we understand each other. So, what are your plans for Spare today?"
"How do you know I have Spare right now?" Andrew asked him, looking confused.
"Class started ten minutes ago Andrew," Leonard reminded him. "If you had a class right now, you wouldn't have time to stand here talking to us."
"I guess you're right, though that's more deductive reasoning than knowledge," Andrew realized. He stared hard at Nathan and said, "So why don't you answer my question exactly!"
"I guess you're smart enough to catch onto my mistake," Leonard realized. "So I'll answer your question now. I know that you have Spare now because I've seen you at the Library during this time of day studying."
"See, I told you man; how would I be there studying unless I actually had a brain?" Andrew asked him. Leonard smiled and realized that he was right. Andrew looked up and noticed that they had reached the Library. "Mike and I will see you guys later."
"Where are you taking him Andrew?" Stuart asked him.
"Yes Andrew, where are we going?" Mike asked Andrew. "You never told me that we would be spending Spare together! What are we going to be doing?"
"Oh yeah, since I didn't study with you before Physics class, I never got a chance to tell you my plans for you today," Andrew realized. He thought for a moment and then added, "I mean the change of plans actually."
"Are you talking about how you were going to take me to the gym after school today?" Mike asked him.
"That's right man," Andrew agreed, following the small guys across the Library to the tables. He smirked as he saw the amazed looks on the faces of the Library patrons as he passed them. "I just realized that I have football practice after school today, so we'll have to go the gym now."
"Oh yeah, because it's your sister's birthday tonight and you have to get home for that after the game," Mike realized.
"That's right Mike, and as my new friend, you're invited to her party tonight," Andrew informed him with a big grin.
"Thanks a lot Andrew!" Mike shouted in gratitude. "So, will you give me a tour of the gym during Spare today and set up a workout program for me?"
"Yeah, I'll take care of everything," Andrew promised him. "You can start working out today in the gym, after I introduce you to Coach Everson. He's going to there during Spare today, getting ready for the football game. So, while you start getting stronger by working out today, I'll be turning myself into a brick wall."
"How are you going to do that?" Mike asked him, looking confused.
"It's a metaphor Mike; it means that I'm going to work out so much that my muscles become as hard as a brick wall," Andrew explained. "Then when people tackle me on the football field, they bounce off like they've hit a brick wall! Do you get it now?"
"Yes I do Andrew," Mike replied, nodding in understanding. "Thanks for explaining that to me. I also noticed how you help up the people you've knocked down on the football field."
"I see no harm in helping them up; showing that I have good sportsmanship," Andrew informed him.
"Yeah, I saw that at the game three days ago," Leonard spoke up.
"You guys have been watching my games just like Mike has?" Andrew asked Leonard, Stuart and Nathan. When Mike's three friends nodded, Andrew grinned and said, "That's great guys. What did you think of my performance on the football field?"
"You were amazing!" Stuart shouted in amazement. "You know, because of Mike's example, we wanted to ask you something."
"What's that guys?" Andrew asked them, pretty sure what their request would be.
"Can you show us how to work out like you're doing with Mike?" Nathan asked him. "In return, we'll help you study for the Physics test on Thursday, just like we helped your football friends before class today."
"It's a deal guys," Andrew said, shaking each of their hands gently. "I didn't know that you guys were helping my friends just like Mike was."
"We entered the classroom after you left," Leonard informed him. "Where did you go before class?"
"I just had to use the washroom," Andrew replied hastily. "So, if you guys have been watching my football games, how come you haven't tried to talk to me before today?"
"We've been too scared to," Stuart replied. "I mean, look at us: we're each 50 pounds lighter than Mike!"
"Don't put yourself down guys!" Andrew admonished them. He leaned forward and put a massive hand gently on Stuart's shoulder. "But I do have a favour to ask you guys."
"What's that Andrew?" Stuart asked him.
"Would you mind if I called you Lenny, Stu and Nate?" Andrew asked them. When Mike's three friends nodded, Andrew said, "Thanks a lot guys. You see, if you shorten your names to sound cool, it will be a lot easier to fit in with me and my friends and eventually become jocks yourselves." He looked at his watch and said, "Mike and I had better get to the gym now before Spare ends. You guys help us with our Physics studying this week, and I'll start helping you guys work out on Friday morning."
"It's a deal Andrew," Nate said, standing up and shaking Andrew's hand again.
"No problem man," Andrew said, standing up with Mike. "I'm not surprised that you guys want to get big like Mike here, though he's only just started his journey to Jockhood."
"Are you going to make Mike as big and strong as you are?" Stu asked Andrew.
"It would be hard to do that without having him undergo the Genetic Enhancement treatment," Andrew replied. "And he wouldn't want that quite yet, because it comes with nasty emotional side effects."
"So it would be a good idea for him to stay away from the procedure until it's perfected," Lenny realized.
"Yes it would," Andrew agreed. "In the meantime, I'll just have to turn him into a jock the old fashioned way, with hard work in the gym! See you guys later!"
"See you later Andrew!" Nate said, as Andrew and Mike headed out of the Library.
Mike's three friends stared in amazement as they saw how much Andrew dwarfed Mike, who had to take two steps for every one of Andrew's. They realized that Mike?s life would never be the same now that he had met Andrew and they looked forward to embarking on the same journey themselves.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options