The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to OUstud82's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:32 PM

OUstud82
Send a message via AIM to OUstud82 Send a message via Yahoo to OUstud82
Question 1-ad?

The owner of a local supplement store here in town recommended 1-AD to me earlier today. He said that I could expect to see 10-15 pounds of lean muscle in 3 months. The price tag was a little over $160 for 3 bottles, which I decided is acceptable, considering I haven't gained an ounce since April.

I did some research on the Internet this evening and found that the average cycle for 1-AD seems to be somewhere in between 2-6 weeks and is almost always stacked with 4-AD (I think in order to keep sex drive up), and then followed by an estrogen blocker of some sort (6-oxo... does that ring a bell for anyone?).

The biggest side effects that I've heard of are hair loss, sleep loss, loss of sex drive, depression, and tiredness. I think I could live with the side effects (except hair loss!) but ONLY as long as they went away when I was done.

So, if I decide to start 1-AD, will I be wasting my money if I don't stack it with 4-AD? And how long should I go for, and at what dose? The owner of the supplement store said 3 months! That's like... 13 weeks! He even said that most people don't see hardly any gains for the first 4 weeks. Everywhere else seems to say 4-6 weeks for the ENTIRE cycle, at anywhere from 200 to 600g per day.

What should I do?

(Basic info about me: 21yo, 5' 7", 145#ish (135# in july 2003, 153# in january 2004))
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
I have no idea specifically, but I suggest doing as much research as you can. Talk to experts, check out a variety of reputable sources.

The store owner might be genuinely trying to help, but I've heard a lot of stories of "almost-experts" giving really bad advice.

That's just my two cents....
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:46 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I've never heard of 1ad, but if I were spending $160 a bottle, I'd want to know what the active ingredient(s) is/are, and if they are effective, and can I find them for less money?
  #4   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
My personal experience with 1-test was stacked with 4-ad together in a topical Gel. It did have a significant impact, but not quite as expected. The dose, topically absorbed, was probably a little bitless than what you're getting recommended. It cost about $80/bottle and one bottle would be good for 5 or 6 weeks. The 4-ad stack as I understand it, is to help prevent / work against the estrogen production inherient in most steroid situations. The topical gel concept was to be more readily available to the bloodstream without getting filtered by the digestive system first. It worked, but not like I wanted it to. I gained about 15lbs in only 6 weeks, about 8 or 9 of which was probably real muscle. I lost 5 of it almost immediately in the 3 weeks following (how much lost was muscle?).

Regardless of this, it massively F*cked with my head too and the net result after about 6 months was only modest gain. I've posted about this before in a steroids thread and I suggest against it's use... but you are your own man and you can make your own informed decisions.

If I were to strongly urge you to do one thing with this... it would be to NOT go on a 13-week cycle. I would say 4-6 weeks, max. Dramatically increased test. in your system will make your balls all but completely cease their own testosterone production because of the overload already incurred. Estrogen will also step-up to counteract, even with a 4-ad assistance... and we all know what Estrogen does. Any longer than 4 or 6 weeks in this condition could actually cause permanent changes in the production cycle of natural testosterone.

In plain english... while you're taking this.... your balls WILL shrink... they will slow sperm and semen production. Despite this, you WILL be massively horny the entire time too (it takes about a week or so before effects become obvious). This shrinkage is only temporary for a little bit after the duration of the cycle... as long as the cycle isn't too long.... or repeated immediately afterward, not allowing enough time for recovery. Allowing the Liver time to recover is also an important consideration.

Be very careful... and... if you want my opinion, at the age of 21 and considering your current size/frame.... you've got plenty of stuff going on naturally that you really don't need this crap. You gained almost 20lbs in only 6 months naturally... that's VERY good particularly for someone starting out under 200lbs.

Anyhow, there it is. I'm no expert, but I have tried 1-test and 4-ad before. If you decide to do it.... drink 2x as much water as you would otherwise, and consume 3x as much protein. Keep yourself clean, no alcohol or recreational drugs AT ALL. You gotta keep that Liver in check.

EDIT: I assumed we were talking about 1-test, not "1-ad".... is there such a thing as 1-ad?
  #5   Add to OUstud82's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM

OUstud82
Send a message via AIM to OUstud82 Send a message via Yahoo to OUstud82
Here's the link to a description on bodybuilding.com.. Everyone seems to be going crazy about this stuff. But I don't want to stack it. Am I going to be missing out on something major if I don't stack it with something like 4ad?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/1ad.html
  #6   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2004, 09:52 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Target Hormone: 1-testosterone
Yep, that's about the same as 1-test... it metabolizes slightly differently but I'd expect the net to be similar. Will you miss something by not stacking? I have no idea... IF it's true that 4-ad is a counter-estrogentic compound then yeah... you'd be missing something. Do I know if it's true? No idea.... good luck!

Remember - you've only got one body, for the rest of your life. It's your choice what you put into it.
  #7   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:14 AM

traveller
Prohormones didn't really affect me when I took them a few years ago. I seem to remember taking 1-AD, but I thought it was a liquid which tasted awful. I recall that I paid a lot for 1-AD and other such products, which, in hindsight, should have been spent on steroids and anti-estrogens that helped me gain more muscle, and lean out without a lot of muscle loss. But, of course, that's my choice for myself.

I suggest you trying googling 1-AD for other people's experiences with it. You'll discover a lot of flame wars in various bodybuilding sites.

Traveller
  #8   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2004, 07:06 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
I suggest you trying googling 1-AD for other people's experiences with it. You'll discover a lot of flame wars in various bodybuilding sites
No doubt!!!

In the end, such substances effect everyone differently. What may be emotionally self-destructive and difficult for me may yield no effect at all or a completely positive effect on someone else. The trouble is, nobody really knows for sure how to know before-hand what will happen. Aye...... stupid humans. :P

Honestly - it's those differences that I believe are the core argument around all sides of the steroid/hormone whether it's legal or controlled debate.
  #9   Add to in2muscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2004, 03:54 AM

in2muscl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to in2muscl Send a message via MSN to in2muscl Send a message via Yahoo to in2muscl
Experience w/ 1-AD and 1-Test

I've tried both 1-AD (by Ergopharm) and T-Bomb (1-Test by MHP). I had much better results with T-bomb in the way of strength gains than 1-AD, but had to take twice the label dosage in either. Gains in mass were relatively small and weight would always go back down to pre-cycle within 2 weeks, strength gains were modest, and did tend to stick around.

In both cases, I cycled for no more than 4-6 weeks and always used 6-OXO in my off-cycle weeks for regulation of normal testosterone production.

I have used Metyl 1-Test (M1T) recently, and have noticed more significant gains with it but have not used for more than 2 weeks - have also used a stack that includes herbs/minerals that help the liver when on this.

I did experience increased acne, and a "bad attitude" (not necessarily aggression), but did not notice appreciable hair loss.

Everyone needs to make their own choices, but get as much information first.
  #10   Add to Pool_Shark's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM

Pool_Shark is on a distinguished road
I tried nutrex 1-tu for about 5 weeks. The first 4 weeks I took 150mg/day and the 5th week I took 300mg/day, I gained 13 lbs and my strength increased a lot. I didn't stack it at all, and after the cycle I took tribex-500 and zma. I tried it again weeks later but stayed at 150mg/day and gained nothing, my diet wasn't the same for the 2nd cycle though.

I am going to start 1ad/4ad stack 4-6 weeks, sometime this week or next and post cycle do another tribulus/zma stack.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options