The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

View Poll Results: How would you like to see CAFE Blues proceed?
Pick up where it left off 36 48.65%
Start from scratch 38 51.35%
Voters: 74. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
CAFE Blues Poll

I have been bombarded by posts and private messages about my decision to pull CAFE Blues. I have been forced to realize that once I post a story, I no longer own it completely. One reader was actually able to convince me to put it back, so I did. The question I want to put to you now concerns the future of the story.

How many people out there would like to see me pick the story up where it left off and try to make something out of it from there?

And how many people would like to see me start from scratch with Colin?s story and deliver something new and better.

There may be some of you who are tempted to say, ?whatever you want, Jaypat.? Well, I want to start from scratch. So, if that?s your reply, please vote for that.

Either way you guys vote, I promise to do my best to deliver a good story.

I?m leaving it up to you.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I vote for (a) and (b), namely:

(a) Leave what you've written already for people to enjoy;

(b) Start and alternate version and see where it takes you.

They may reconverge at some point, they may not, but the earlier work stands on its own. Anything posted here is likely to be a work in progress; no need to wipe the slate clean.

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road
I think you're just being hard on yourself. It's a good story. I especially like the aspect of how he starts off smaller than his little brother and starts to grow...that's a huge turn on.
  #4   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:37 PM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
Look at that. And you thought it didn't get enough hits.
The important part in a story is usually "Where's the Passion?"
And for these stories that starts in you heart, Jaypat. And there is a lot of it, or else it wouldn't get so many people passionate about what you write.
They are still your people (Characters) first. It's still your words they are speaking and thinking. And since starting from scratch will make you happy, that's the way I voted. I still love what you wrote, but I can't wait to read what you come up with next.
Maybe look on this little bit of drama like you would one of your stories. There has got to be a good bit of humor what with readers telling you what to write like they could pass an ordinance requiring creativity and imagination.
You make us laugh. You get us horny. Write what you want to. What makes you happy. And damn if it doesn't make us happy too.
The poll was a good idea, too.
Keep Writing.

Hugs;
redroger11

P.S. You Beast! <g>

red
  #5   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
It seemed to be getting a bit cliche and outlandish, yeah... The last installment didn't really feel "Jaypat". And I can't say I was into the "Sky crush" that much... I'm all for starting over :P

Last edited by wolfotehmoon; September 29th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
  #6   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
My vote is...

... to take up from where you left off. If I could write as well as you've written "Cafe Blues" so far, I could die a happy man. < sigh > But I *can't* write that well. I don't begin to have the wry wit and the ability to write unpredictably. I just don't have that kind of talent. It would be a crying shame to ditch this story. You're the author. You have to do what you think best, but I for one have very much enjoyed Colin's story. It's every bit as good as "2nd Puberty." If the consensus goes the other way, could you at least post the outline of "Cafe Blues?" I would very much like to know where you were going with this story. If parts of it would be a spoiler for a replacement version, I would of course understand your holding it back until the replacement story was posted in its entirety. Still, I hope you go forward with the exsiting version. It's much to good to lay aside. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to voice our opinion, Jaypat. That's very generous of you, regardless of how this thing shakes out.
  #7   Add to philat99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:09 PM

philat99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post

They may reconverge at some point, they may not, but the earlier work stands on its own. Anything posted here is likely to be a work in progress; no need to wipe the slate clean.

xoxo

Richard
I agree with arpeejay. Leave what you've posted. Start from scratch on a new VERSION or an entirely new story.
Mike
  #8   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post

AGREED! Sounds like a reasonable solution.
  #9   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
I voted for start over because that's what you want to do.

This is a weird kind of writing forum. Your story, if you were writing it for publication, would be something you would put through at least one or two iterations of revision and rewriting (or I assume it would - you're not Lionel Fanthorpe) ... But in the online story forum context, the earlier drafts stay around.

I wouldn't mind a restart at all, because I could sense the places where the story was "fighting" with you. I'd also suggest you mark each released part with a brief preface saying that it's replacing the original version, so that when/if it escapes into the "wild" then people won't try to put the different parts together like a frankenstein's wretch.
  #10   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
Wow, this is close.

I wasn't expecting it to be this close. Whatever the result ultimately is, it doesn't look like it will be a decisive one.

I want to thank everybody for expressing their thoughts. I will have to wait until the poll ends to make any decision on what I'm going to do, but I think I will let the first five parts stay on the board no matter what the decision.

In the mean time, I've started on another idea, and I've got to tell you, the characters won't leave me alone. I think I'll give Colin a little break and write this new one next.
  #11   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:34 PM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
I'll go....

[COLOR=red]....with what you wanna do, Jaypat. Because the prorogative belongs, first and foremost, with the author. So, start from scrathc if that's what you want.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]- However, before you do, might I request that you repost the chapter you removed? i didn't get to read it before you removed it, and I would very much like to.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]- That being said, I'm certain that whatever you decide to do, it will be funny, moving, and exceedingly well written. You're definitely one of the top 10 (if not top 5) writers on the site (meaning no disrespect to anyone else).[/COLOR]
  #12   Add to Speaker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:34 PM

Speaker is on a distinguished road
Since you said that you want to start from scratch, then Ill support your decision. We arent the people who decide what you want to write. Write whatever you feel like doing. I enjoyed CAFE Blues (although I will admit, that last chapter wasn't your best) and i think it could have developed into an excellent story, but if you dont want to continue it thats fine with me. Im not going to demand that you write something that I personally enjoy and tell you not to write things that I dont enjoy. My own story Muscle Milk is currently on hiatus because im really indecisive on what to do next with it, even though i want to finish it eventually. Im not going to be pressured into finishing it early though. And im not saying that YOU are being pressured into something you dont want to do. You obviously dont like where your story has gone and you want to end it. Thats A-OK (i will never say that again) with me. Youre the author. Do what you please. Keep writing. Dont be discouraged.

Always remember that if one person didnt like your story and posts on it, but there are lots of people who posted that it was GOOD, then there are probably alot more people who liked the story than who didnt. Most of us just dont post on whether we enjoyed something or not.
  #13   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Just the fact alone that 60 people have cast their votes in this poll during the past 5 days should say a LOT about Jaypat's stories right there...
  #14   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:04 PM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
It looks like the vote...

... is going for starting over. I guess that's best if your heart is not in the current version. I can't deny, though, that I thought this version was a lot better than you think it is. Could you at least post the outline of the story arc through to the end? Just curious as to where this was going. If the outline or parts of it would tend to act as spoiler to all or part of the new version. I would, of course expect this outline could not be posted until you returned to and completed the new version of Colin's story. I sincerely hope you will come back to this character. He is a character whom, through this version, I have come to admire as much as I admired the hero in "Second Puberty."
  #15   Add to Demandred's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Imagineer

Demandred is on a distinguished road
I read all of Second Puberty at once, it was that good. CAFE Blues, however, should stand away from that shadow. I really enjoy the way you write, and to be honest even if it was the most cliched storyline I would not mind so much because of the way you tell it. I don't know why you want to start over, but if that's what you want to do then I'm sure there's lots of people who'd happily read whatever you write, whether it's a new version or a different story altogether :]

- Shamshad Khan
  #16   Add to bearium's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM

bearium is on a distinguished road
I've enjoyed the whole thing, no problems. But you're the author, write what you feel is good. If your heart isn't in it, start over. Another way would be to throw the story as it is now opened for other authors to take it whatever direction they want. Then you can do your re-write without feeling the need to keep going on the first version. Just a thought :-)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options