The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Spooky is on a distinguished road
Arbeit Macht Frei.

Hi. I just want to preface this with a few notes.

1. I prefer to write in vignettes. Each section should be chewed by itself. Although, you will probably be able to find a linking theme between all of them.
2. None of what follows are my sexual fantasies. Although all of it is based on very real, very personal emotions and observations. If this gets you off, please feel free.
3. This is an exploration of our sexuality, and our "hypersexualization of muscle" as one member eloquently put it a few months ago.
4. I would love comments, questions, critiques. But caveat emptor: they could show up in my next piece. I have pulled quotes from 4-5 board member's posts since 2005. If I found them particularly illuminating, I included them in the piece. No worries, though. No names will be mentioned. (A quick search could tell you though).
5. I do not want to offend anyone. If this is not the right place for this sort of writing, I will take it elsewhere.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Spooky; February 12th, 2009 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Arbeit Macht Frei.
__________________________________________________ ______________

-“You see this? DO YOU SEE THIS?” yelled Adam, holding the pulsing organ in Nate’s face. “This is your liver! This will heal you!”

_______________________________Scene______________ __________________

Nate’s hands were wrapped uncomfortably tight. The hair on his hands were slowly being pulled out by the duct tape that bound his hands and wrists to the sides of the power rack.

Adam gasped for air, pulled his face out of Nate’s ass, stood up, and wiped the spit and sweat off of his mouth.

Nate’s body, slender, smooth, tall, modestly muscled, stood there: prone, vulnerable.

Adam walked back three steps. He found himself in a full black leather suit. He pulled his thin arm up, and smacked Nate’s ass with the whip.

In that instant, master subverted; dominator dominated.

The whip wrapped around Adam’s ears and eyes, lassoing him back down into his own skull. His soft cock lay sideways on his thigh.

Source: Hegel.

_______________________________Scene______________ _________________

Furries. Giants. Bodybuilders.

Derrida: diff?rance.. The act of becoming as defined; what is excluded are dark scars, broken mirrors, contorted bodies, bulging veins.

-“I just want to gain mass (and then some) to be happy with myself.”
-“I just want to get muscle so I don’t look so small, pathetic, thin.”

Muscles. Bulging biceps, huge quads. Pecs like melons. After years of gym, 30 lbs of muscle later, Nate still finds himself wanking off nightly to magical pills and colossal men on his forums.

Think this: Become: Become what you cannot become, like a greyhound after a rabbit. Just don’t cum on the sheets.

“If you want to know who the old man in the grass hut is,
Don’t leave this skin bag here and now.”

Keep wanking, boys! Shoot for the sky!

The GNC guy creeped Adam out. Adam wanted to be big, strong, and virile, so he bought the pills anyway.

“It couldn’t hurt, could it? I mean, I’m not juicing” he swallowed these thoughts down with the pills.

Adam was eating Nate’s firm ass. He stuck a finger in, and then his cock. Mid thrust, Adam felt something start to tingle, and stretch. He couldn’t really place where it was coming from, but his entire body was just growing, becoming, something great, massive, rippled, electric, powerful, domineering. His pecs were rounded, smooth, swollen. They were the first thing Nate saw, and he tried awkwardly to reach up to grab them. Adam thrust deeper in his ass, Nate flinched in pain and withdrew his hand. He was always had a sweet spot for huge pecs, Nate.

That’s when it happened. He felt like all his blood swarmed to his cock, his penis growing in size, bulging and stretching Nate’s hole out. Swelled to the size of a soda bottle. Nate grabbed the sides of the bed in pain: he couldn’t do anything: it was already too far in.

You could see the outline of Adam’s growing cock under Nate’s rippling abs, pushing itself into his ribcage, between his lungs, and competing with air for space in his throat. Looking like he was going to vomit, Adam’s cockhead stuck out from Nate’s mouth, like a snake, and pointed back up towards Adam’s head. It was 4 or 5 feet long. He felt amazing, having this huge piece of manhood made him feel completely, powerful, alluring. Complete.

Nate kept jacking off as he read the story on the board, hard, fingers shifting back and forth right beneath his head, stroking hard down at the base, squeezing.

Adam was behind him, skulking around in the background. He was wanking, watching as the words made Nate’s cock dribble precum.

For further reading, see:
Freud’s Cathexis.

-“Who has the best abs?”
-“Probably video #4. #3 has really good control, but I hate the area in between the abs.”

I don’t. It’s just enough room to stick my middle finger in.

-YOU LIKE PECS? Adam fumed anger through his eyes.
-YOU LIKE PECS, EH?
-Adam, grabbing Nate’s arm, slung him to the ground. Nate scraped his bare thighs on the cement. He was lying prone.
-Adam jumped, his hairy, sculpted legs pinning Nate’s arms into the cement. Nate whinced in pain. His skin was being torn off by the pressure.
Nate struggled to get back up, kicking back, shoving his kneecaps into Adam’s arms.
-Kicking didn’t work.
-Adam squeezed Nate’s pecs together, to form a nice little place where he could stick his dick. And so he did.
-He fucked his pecs and fucked his pecs until they were raw and bloody. And, then, …skin began falling off in layers. With the muscle bare, he stuck his cock under the skin, in between the pectorals.

It felt just like ass. No need for lube in here!

It was so warm, it felt amazing, pure pulsing muscle up against pure, throbbing meat.

-Adam came in his chest. Nate’s eyes looked to the sky.

It hurt to have his thick cock that far inside me. It made my insides hurt.

But I put up with it; At least I felt something from him.
It was the first time he had ever made anything flutter inside me.

Sthenolagnia.

-lagnia.

<3 .

I want to be your MG story.

_______________________________Scene______________ ___________________

“You’re still fat.”

400, 402, 404. 405. 406, 407.

Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next. Ctrl+f “Nate,” Enter. Scroll next.

End.

Last edited by Spooky; February 15th, 2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Shitty careless typos.
  #3   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
This is just begging to be read a couple more times to try to pick apart what it all means. It's like postmodern poetry. Except, even more postmodern than most postmodern poetry; just fragments of a story(stories?) posted on an internet forum. OMG. I think I'm going to love this.

A little extra info for people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeit_macht_frei
  #4   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM

Yeah. It's really tangled. And I am highly influenced by post-structuralist thought, so you kind of hit it on the head.

Thanks for reading, and the comments, too. If you look around in the text, there are doorways all over into my head. It's just kind of like one of those games you play online by just clicking objects: A elephant's trunk moves, and then that releases a coconut, and you click the coconut, and the key comes out.

Well, same for this. You just gotta find the starting point (don't really know where it is myself....)

#5   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Just to clarify, because knowing this will make things a bit easier to understand: do all of the vignettes take place in the same universe? Or are some connected, while others are parallel?
  #6   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM

yeah yeah yeah. Same place.

Think of them as like a myriad of thoughts entering ones head over something one is upset by. They don't really "go together" when you are thinking them, but they do, in a way.

If you have any thoughts about deciphering stuff, PM me. I would love to here.

Maybe it would give me an insight into myself.

You never know.
  #7   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:11 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Hm. I see what you did there. Interesting. I like it.
  #8   Add to howardbeatman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:34 AM

howardbeatman is on a distinguished road
The name of your piece is a German saying which was on a sign above the entrance of one of the Nazi death camps. It means WORK MAKES YOU FREE and was meant delude the Jews sent inside that they could eventually get out, that they could live.

Gross...
  #9   Add to lead guitarist's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM

lead guitarist
Interesting. You are obviously ambitious, aiming high. But sometimes your errors in vocabulary made me chuckle. Nate's body stood there prone? You can't stand prone - prone means lying face down, and you used the word correctly elsewhere. Adam wanted to be big, strong, and virulent? Did he really want to be poisonous, infective?

Some of the other writing in these scenes is good enough to make me wonder if these errors are deliberate. Are they? Or am I just overthinking this?
  #10   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardbeatman View Post
The name of your piece is a German saying which was on a sign above the entrance of one of the Nazi death camps. It means WORK MAKES YOU FREE and was meant delude the Jews sent inside that they could eventually get out, that they could live.

Gross...

Yeah... that is why I put it there. If I wanted to say "work will set you free," I would have said it in English.

I just think it's funny that you found "arbeit macht frei" gross, and not the part where Adam is fucking a pectral.
  #11   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead guitarist View Post
Interesting. You are obviously ambitious, aiming high. But sometimes your errors in vocabulary made me chuckle. Nate's body stood there prone? You can't stand prone - prone means lying face down, and you used the word correctly elsewhere. Adam wanted to be big, strong, and virulent? Did he really want to be poisonous, infective?

Some of the other writing in these scenes is good enough to make me wonder if these errors are deliberate. Are they? Or am I just over thinking this?
A lot of my weird usages were intentional, like "flutter". Prone might not have been the best choice of words, but I thought that by saying "Nate stood there with his back towards Adam" was just too many words.

And virulent, was well, just embarrassing. Especially since I am a social scientist.

Nonetheless, thanks for letting me know. I might get around to editing in a second.
  #12   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM

But, in general, did all of you enjoy this?

I was afraid that an analysis of MMG eroticism on a MMG forum would not go well and would be booed of stage.

If you want, I can keep writing. I already have some good ideas for the member's posts. I just hope people don't mind me quoting them. And, if so, too bad, it's not copyrighted.
  #13   Add to qapl2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM

qapl2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Well i was just skimming through it, slightly confused why you picked this title and if there would be any explanation or revelation for it. It's not that you need to justify it, but even reading your answers i'm still puzzled about your (at least for me) odd choice.
  #14   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qapl2001 View Post
Well i was just skimming through it, slightly confused why you picked this title and if there would be any explanation or revelation for it. It's not that you need to justify it, but even reading your answers i'm still puzzled about your (at least for me) odd choice.
Arbeit Macht Frei.
"No pain no gain."

We're on a MG forum, after all. Just think about that, and reread it.

(I feel like a theory teacher).

Last edited by Spooky; February 13th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
  #15   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Ok. Well, listen. I am not trying to puff myself up to be the next Kant or anything by writing this.

But the gaps in how the vignettes connect are very intentional; some just, when written, worked (for me). And so the point of this was not to "get it," per se, but to get people to think about their sexuality, specifically MG eroticism.

So, if it puzzles you, mission accomplished. Although, it can be deciphered, yes.

.....(aaaaaand, there are just some intensely personal things in there, too.)
  #16   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Quote:
Since you're asking for an honest opinion, I'll have to answer "No, not really."

Even reading your preceding post that explained what you were trying to do, I was just lost and a bit put off by it. I know you were going for a study on our boards' obsession with muscle, but I guess I don't know how stuff like this fits in with that goal:

Quote:
Sthenolagnia.

-lagnia.

<3 .
  #17   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Since you're asking for an honest opinion, I'll have to answer "No, not really."

Even reading your preceding post that explained what you were trying to do, I was just lost and a bit put off by it. I know you were going for a study on our boards' obsession with muscle, but I guess I don't know how stuff like this fits in with that goal:
That's a really good point, and I appreciate your comment. The specific comment above I think does contribute to the exploration of our sexuality, and our appreciation for the muscled male form.

If it put you off in a personal way, though, I apologize. That wasn't intended. None of it is intended to be criticism... (or, not intending to be criticism as in "Why the hell do we that?!?! Freaks").

Maybe my intentions with that statement just weren't clear enough to convey it.

But, bottom line is, though, if you did get what I intended to convey, and you simply don't like it. You don't like it. And that will have to be that.

#18   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
No prob. I like that I can present criticism and not have you react childishly. Thanks for being mature and I hope to see more stuff from you and people like you. :3

Last edited by Mad Dog; February 13th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
  #19   Add to JohnNewEngland's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM

JohnNewEngland is on a distinguished road
Weird....almost like fragments of a fever dream or a bad drug trip. I liked it, though - but, admittedly, I had to read it twice. It has a rough, masculine voice to it and the general tone left me a little disturbed. I loved the imagery of the one partner's cock coming out of the other guy's mouth. That was erotic. This was good, I hope you write more.
  #20   Add to qapl2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Arbeit Macht Frei.
"No pain no gain."

We're on a MG forum, after all. Just think about that, and reread it.

(I feel like a theory teacher).
Well sorry for making you feel like that, but the abuse of the title phrase by the nazis is for me so dominant, that i would have *never* come to your interpretation by myself.
  #21   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qapl2001 View Post
Well sorry for making you feel like that, but the abuse of the title phrase by the nazis is for me so dominant, that i would have *never* come to your interpretation by myself.
I don't think I would've chosen that title if I had what you still have in mind either.

The treatment of the Jews definitely does parallel one of the themes in the story.
  #22   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNewEngland View Post
Weird....almost like fragments of a fever dream or a bad drug trip. I liked it, though - but, admittedly, I had to read it twice. It has a rough, masculine voice to it and the general tone left me a little disturbed. I loved the imagery of the one partner's cock coming out of the other guy's mouth. That was erotic. This was good, I hope you write more.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, even with the rough edges.

I'm not done yet.
  #23   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post

Actually, if you're willing, I would like to revisit that.

What bothered you about that exactly? If you don't feel comfortable saying, and you want to PM me, go ahead.
  #24   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Sthenolagnia.

-lagnia.

<3 .

End.
About that, Maddog.
  #25   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
i think you have quite an unusual and possibly interesting tale, especially if you manage to solve the "entangling" around the main story. Seriously, I think you might have quite a hit here, but frankly until now I didn't really get it, I am not shocked about the title, after all you probably had a purpose to chose that.

I wish you luck with this,

Congratulations
  #26   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life View Post
i think you have quite an unusual and possibly interesting tale, especially if you manage to solve the "entangling" around the main story. Seriously, I think you might have quite a hit here, but frankly until now I didn't really get it, I am not shocked about the title, after all you probably had a purpose to chose that.

I wish you luck with this,

Congratulations
Hey, thanks for the comment. Yeah I was trying to express something that is rather complicated, something that I don't think anybody can entirely understand.

But, I'm glad it gave you some material for thought.
  #27   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
How I saw it, they are two reasonably ordinary guys with some interesting fantasies: the surrealistic snippets. Sometimes erotic fantasies drive storm madly through your head, wrecking what you tell yourself to be limited to. But you're tangled up until you move outside of yourself and laugh it off, nervously.

Nervously, for would you really go there? Crime of passion?

After all, those we call insane are all normal until we label them so. But they are still their ordinary selves, safe inside their own head, at least.

Yes, sometimes you do wonder where it all comes from.
  #28   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM

What do you mean by the following sentences?

1.Sometimes erotic fantasies drive storm madly through your head, wrecking what you tell yourself to be limited to.

What is generally meant by that sentence?
And, Do they wreck the possibility of having a broader palette? Or, that they open them up?

2.But you're tangled up until you move outside of yourself and laugh it off, nervously.

Maybe you could be a bit clearer.
  #29   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
They send you to corners of your head you didn't know you had in you. Maybe it helps you to get to know yourself, but should you be slightly afraid to know your limits can be so far away?

And hah, look who's asking for clarifications here!
  #30   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Ah... those shadowy corners.

Good point, good point.

But, I think the piece has the right to be obscure. But, I think discussion should be understood. That's all.

Last edited by Spooky; February 15th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.
  #31   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Yeah, there was already a discussion about the title. Just look on page one, if you are interested.

I hope that the mere mentioning of "Arbeit Macht Frei" would not be insulting. I further hope that it wouldn't be insulting, especially if the title were being used with all of the historical connotations present and in tact.

The title, and the historical baggage that comes along with that, are all very intentional, and very present. And in fact, I don't know what could've summed up my piece better.

So, in short, yes, it is intentional. And, if people are offended by the use of such a statement simply because it is attached with MG, than it is not my problem, but someone's inability to take historical tragedies and apply those lessons to other areas of life.

In fact, I think I have done "Arbeit Macht Frei" justice because to leave the suffering of Jews, Gays, Roma, and other victims in the Holocaust by themselves, alone, walled-in in their own peculiar little time frame is a tragedy. Instead, those lessons, those things which those brave people suffered through are being understood, appreciated, extrapolated, and applied to another area in life that often traps us.

If this goes on much longer, this confusion over the title, I might just have to come out and break it down, at the expense of the title being a tool that creates contemplation in the reader. The confusion produced over the title is no shortcoming of mine, though; but, rather the inability of a squeamish reader to take a historical tragedy and apply it to something as seemingly "base" as MG and sexuality.

If you want to discern why I chose the title, reread the 4th vignette especially closely (but, not so closely that you exclude the context within it is written).

Last edited by Spooky; February 15th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.
  #32   Add to Xyggurat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Xyggurat will become famous soon enough
My personal feeling from reading your story and the resultant explanations is that you're probably young, flush on intellectualism for the sheer sake of intellectualism, and haven't quite gotten a handle on the necessary concrete skills that anchor good experimental writing. That's the conclusion I'd come to from just reading this piece in a literary rag.

I don't think it's your fault, or that coming off that way was your intent. It's a clear and growing evil of academia that students are taught experimentation before fundamentals. I recall this clearly from my own collegiate experiences.

The purpose of writing is to communicate. If you're aiming for a post-structuralist piece, you're intentionally setting up some barriers to straightforward communication. Even so, the goal of post-structuralist writing is not to occlude meaning, but to encourage the reader to explore an internal message rather than a more obvious external one conveyed by the writer's intent.

What's important even to post-structuralist writing is that the intent of the piece be cohesive unto itself. I didn't get that out of what you wrote.

I do, however, appreciate your ability to take and respond to criticism in an adult fashion.

-X-
  #33   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyggurat View Post

The purpose of writing is to communicate.
Is it always? I didn't have that intention specifically. I've written over a few responses now that I had intended to write a piece, that while, it does have some deeper value, was mainly meant to be a piece for meditation on sexuality, specifically MG.

Quote:

If you're aiming for a post-structuralist piece, you're intentionally setting up some barriers to straightforward communication.
I'm not aiming for that. I only said that I am influenced by post-structuralist thinking.
  #34   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
My personal feeling from reading your story and the resultant explanations is that you're probably young, flush on intellectualism for the sheer sake of intellectualism, and haven't quite gotten a handle on the necessary concrete skills that anchor good experimental writing. That's the conclusion I'd come to from just reading this piece in a literary rag.

I am young. And, I haven't gotten a grip on experimental writing as this is my first piece. But, what I am not is "flush on intellectualism for the sheer sake of intellectualism." It's just simply how I am, think, and speak. So to say that I am "flush on intellectualism" because I approach matters differently than other people, or have different goals, or a different vocabulary is just an oversight of the differences among people.
  #35   Add to Xyggurat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Xyggurat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Is it always? I didn't have that intention specifically. I've written over a few responses now that I had intended to write a piece, that while, it does have some deeper value, was mainly meant to be a piece for meditation on sexuality, specifically MG.
What purpose would writing have, if not to communicate? Even in meditation, you're striving to communicate with yourself in some way.

-X-
  #36   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM

When someone makes a vase, does it have to be used as a vase? Or, could it also simply be a piece to be thought of, and taken in?

There are things which I have put in the piece that I _would_ like to communicate. But my larger goal was to get people to think about their sexuality. And, as long as I have made people think about their sexuality beyond looking at a morph and jacking off, then great. That is the point.
  #37   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM

And, who am I to say what the origins and workings of someone else's MG fetish?

There is no possible way that I could account for that. Two people with the same tastes could arrive at the same thing with very different paths. How I have arrived at it is, I am quite sure, very different than most people here.

That was not my intention to communicate these things to them. But, rather, to get them to analyze themselves through my own experience.
  #38   Add to Spooky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Last edited by Spooky; February 15th, 2009 at 06:23 PM.
  #39   Add to Thepump's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM

Thepump is on a distinguished road
If this goes on much longer, this confusion over the title, I might just have to come out and break it down, at the expense of the title being a tool that creates contemplation in the reader. The confusion produced over the title is no shortcoming of mine, though; but, rather the inability of a squeamish reader to take a historical tragedy and apply it to something as seemingly "base" as MG and sexuality.
Millions of Jews, gays, sinti and romanies and politically persecuted groups were tortured to death in the German concentration camps. Those who were not killed right away in the camps' gas chambers, lived and worked under terrible conditions. The Nazi wanted to make sure that the inmates would die soon from exhaustion. Nobody should leave the camps alive.

The lettering "Arbeit macht frei" is arguably the most perverted phrase in German history and the German language.

Even though there is plenty of historical evidence, there are even today people who deny the holocaust and the killings in the camps, thereby shocking the people alive who lost family members.

Spooky, being a German, I want to ask for a favour: Whatever story you want to tell us: Do not use this phrase. It is completely out of place in this context. I understand that you did not intend to offend anybody, but that you want to use the title as a provocation. But I cannot see how concentraton camps are related to MG and sexuality. I cannot think of anything less erotic than killing millions of people for no reason. It is simply nothing to play around.

Break down the title , please.
  #40   Add to qapl2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
The title, and the historical baggage that comes along with that, are all very intentional, and very present. And in fact, I don't know what could've summed up my piece better.

[...]

In fact, I think I have done "Arbeit Macht Frei" justice because to leave the suffering of Jews, Gays, Roma, and other victims in the Holocaust by themselves, alone, walled-in in their own peculiar little time frame is a tragedy. Instead, those lessons, those things which those brave people suffered through are being understood, appreciated, extrapolated, and applied to another area in life that often traps us.
Sorry, but i don't get it. What kind of "lessons" have the victims of the concentration camps learned? That you can get tortured for your believes? Do you feel the need to express some kind of redemption for the horrors done by nazis?

As i read the title i was curious if it was chosen by mistake or intend and nothing in the text helped me to understand it. Honestly, i still can't connect the title with the text even after reading your explanations. Alas your explanations feel outright wrong for me.

I don't say its wrong to use the title, do whatever you want. But i can't help but wander if an average english speaker would even understand what it means, so using it just because you can is a little sad in its context during nazi germany.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options