You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Xyggurat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Xyggurat will become famous soon enough
Evolution Forum Downtimes

It seems like the Evolution Forum was down for an unusual length of time over the past couple days. Is there some sort of automated repair that we can run on the database so it stops crashing? I've never seen a forum have quite the same level and frequency of downtime as MGS.

-X-
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
I think it's an admin thing. I appreciate what they do, keeping a site with such a relatively-small following together, but I'd really, really like to see more of a presence on here. Can anyone even name a mod who we can turn to that is on regularly?
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
I wouldn't mind keeping things moving along (as best someone can who quite frankly doesn't know what HTML even stands for)
  #4   Add to Maverick0095875's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
lifeisahighway

Maverick0095875 is on a distinguished road
there needs to me more mods on because we are starting to get spam posts and such and sometimes people will post stuff in the wrong section and it will just be in the same spot for like 2 or 3 days be4 its moved.

im a moderator on 2 other site so i can pick up being a mod on here as well if theyd like to haVE another
  #5   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Well, we have one admin and two moderators on this forum, and they do a fairly good job at keeping this forum up and running.

I own a website and I've had a forum, so I know how much work is involved, trust me. I'm also a Programmer Analyst who's involved in maintaining a web application using an Oracle database, so I'm familiar with database-driven websites such as this one. Things can be tricky, trust me. You need to know HTML, Javascript, PHP, ASP and SQL in order to be able to keep this thing up and running, let alone fix and/or modify the code for the web pages.

I don't mind being a Mod for this forum, since I'm on here every single day anyway, plus I'm an author as well. It's just a matter of the Admin and Moderators deciding if there is a need for it, and if they will trust someone else as a new Mod or not.

-Rex
  #6   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Maybe the problem has to do with the incredible amount of posts we have archived in the story forum?
  #7   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Forum Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotehmoon View Post
I think it's an admin thing. I appreciate what they do, keeping a site with such a relatively-small following together, but I'd really, really like to see more of a presence on here. Can anyone even name a mod who we can turn to that is on regularly?
To find out who the Mods are, click on "View Forum Leaders", which is centered on the page, immediately following all the forum topics and right above the listing of all the members who are currently online and all the members who have birthdays today.
  #8   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres View Post
To find out who the Mods are, click on "View Forum Leaders", which is centered on the page, immediately following all the forum topics and right above the listing of all the members who are currently online and all the members who have birthdays today.
*does that*

Ok then, we have our glorious leader FleXodus, then the mod-admin Optimusx, and then our mod, Tekno Dave.*

*I say, heck no! (da na na), To Tekno!

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #9   Add to TeknoDave's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
MGS Author, Moderator

TeknoDave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TeknoDave Send a message via Yahoo to TeknoDave
Hardy har har.

and it is spelled "techno" actually. I did it "tekno" due to the character limitations that IRC had back in the day...heh

But I think FleXodus has gotten the kinks out of the forum crashing. *knocks on wood head*

Teknodave
Board Moderator
MGS Author

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode