The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Muscub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM

Muscub is on a distinguished road
Beefing Up

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Decided it was time to pick a new user name and man up and post some pics. I like this forum because everyone is pretty friendly and non-judgemental.

Here are some before and after pics of me. The before pics were taken approximately 4 years ago. At the time, I wasn't thinking of them as before pics. I had been working out on and off for a few years and thought I was in ok shape (now I shudder and think I looked small and soft). The after pics were taken in Dec of last year. They aren't so much afters as I consider myself a work-in-progress. However, I do enjoy the long time comparison (4 years) as it has taken me that long to build a little mass. I do like the fact that I am slowly losing my neck (I enjoy the neckless goon look).

My stats are 6'0" and 255lbs. My goal is to add more muscle and harden up (i.e. lose a little fat). I don't want to look like a ripped bodybuilder. I would rather look like a beefy powerlifter or world's strongest man competitor. I won't have nor do I want abs, but I do think that trimming some fat might help me look a little bigger.

Currently I've been trying to add some mass. I'm following a gain 10lbs in 4 weeks training plan from a BB magazine. Then I'll try to maintain any gains and then look to lean up a bit in the summer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1436072...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1436072...n/photostream/
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to jcnutt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:40 AM

jcnutt has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jcnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jcnutt
you definitely have that look going for you. I agree with the thick power lifter look. Keep up the great work!
  #3   Add to DaveC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Meathead in Training

DaveC is on a distinguished road
You are looking good. I agree with you about the neckless goon look. It is very hot. You appear to be working successfully toward your goals.
  #4   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
That's great progress. Since you've got weight on you, you've got an equal potential to put on a lot of muscle. As you do that, your body index will steadily improve on its own. I'm not sure where your diet is, but I've noticed big gains just by taking in enough protein and cutting back on sugars and carbs - though not to a crazy degree.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options