The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Demandred's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Imagineer

Demandred is on a distinguished road
Dungeons, Dragons and Idiots Part 2

[COLOR=silver]Thanks for the feedback. I just write this in fits and bursts and any ideas are appreciated: eg. the holy water! :P Also, I've moved from Open Office to Microsoft Word, so if it looks a little strange then I blame the change... but now I'm just waffling. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Enjoy,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Dem[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Just to keep people from getting confused (i.e. me)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Kieran, Paladin, level 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Jude, Druid, level 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Madeline, Mage, level 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Henry, Priest, level 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Damian, Barbarian, level 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Dungeons, Dragons and Idiots Part 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]There was no time for Damian to get too involved in exploring his body, not yet at least. The party was starting to find its stride.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Look, we've killed the glowing pig. Anything is possible!? Kieran brandished his sword triumphantly. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm the one who killed it,? Damian pointed out. He raised his own sword, with less effort than before. ?Where to now??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We could kill more of these pigs,? suggested Jude. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?But we'll get less exp for it. We should find something a little tougher.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?There's a cave near here which is just chock full of glowing pigs.? Madeline pointed somewhere deeper into the woods, where the trees became more dense. ?Come on, let's go see.? It was as good as plan as any, so off they went. Kieran walked a little in front, but they stuck close together. Every so often one of them would go out of their way a little to kill an unsuspecting pig, and Madeline would take the coins.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I've been thinking,? the elf Mage said after a while of this. ?I need to get into character more. I think an elf has a larger life span than a human, right??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Yeah, they live for what, 150 years? If not more,? Henry said. He didn't go out of his way to find any pigs.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Mmm. So I was thinking, I should be a bit older. Being an elf and all.? Madeline coughed self-importantly. ?I'm at least a youthful looking 25.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Really getting into the character development there,? Damian observed. Looking ahead, there was a faint glow coming from a dip in the earth. On closer inspection, it was the Ultimate Cave of the Glowing Pigs. The five of them stood looking at the glowing mouth to the cave with bated breath, as if expecting the pigs to attack them right there and then.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I bet if we kill every single pig in there, we'll get a special item or something. Now wouldn't that be cool.? Henry rubbed his nose. ?Someone should really get the edible bits off the pigs so we can actually cook something later, too.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?You have all the good ideas,? Madeline said, her ears twitching violently. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]The sound of threatening squeals from inside the cave gave everyone reason to pause. In the relative quiet, Jude took a step forwards. ?Someone else is already in there,? she said dramatically. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?But... I'm the Destined One. Not the Destined One With Half of Shrovefield!? Damian hefted his sword and made his way to the cave. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Damian, don't go in on your own,? Kieran warned. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm not, you guys are coming too. Remember?? Damian never even bothered to turn his head. The sound of shuffling feet behind him told him they were following.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?So it doesn't matter who does the killing, we all get exp., right?? Kieran asked Henry.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Yeah.? Henry looked around as he entered the cave. ?So we all need to pull our weight.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?That's right. You don't do any killing, so you can do the cooking. There's a good Priest.? Kieran grinned. Damian expected him to protest, but Henry simply shrugged. As they followed the winding route downhill, the sound of oinks threatened to overwhelm them.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]They came to a fork in the path.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We should split up. They do it in Scooby Doo all the time, and it always works out ok for them.? Madeline grabbed Damian's arm and dragged him to the left. Kieran and Jude went right, leaving Henry to stand there.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What's this all about?? He demanded. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Go with them!? Both pairs told him, pointing to the other pair. Damian and Madeline were quicker in shuffling away before Henry could follow them. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?That was a close one,? Madeline said when they had walked further down the path. ?When are you going to wear your proper clothes??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?They're stupid,? Damian replied curtly. ?Where's your staff??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm not using it for anything so I put it away.? Damian wondered how she unequipped that staff and hid it between the scanty folds of her dress, but didn't really want to know that badly. ?Ooh, we picked the right path. It's a treasure chest!? Sure enough, at the end of the curved trail there stood a forlorn-looking treasure chest. Madeline opened it, and pulled out a bottle shaped like a heart filled with pink liquid. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It's a potion. Wait, there's two. Isn't that exciting?? Madeline must have put them on her person, because she was smoothing her dress and ready to head back to the others. When she turned to face Damian, her face fell. Turning around, Damian gaped as well.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Two glowing pigs were advancing upon them. They meant business.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Oh, crap...? Damian barely turned, but Madeline's staff nearly knocked him into the wall with how fast it appeared. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'll take care of these.? Madeline threw her hand out, and surprisingly a fireball flew at the pigs. It missed. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?The pig, it dodged it!? Madeline gasped. She threw more fireballs, but none hit either of the pigs. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Some Mage you are,? Damian said. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?They're closing in on us, I can almost hear them screaming for my blood. Stop them, Damian!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Damian held up his sword. It was big enough that he could drop it down upon the two pigs before they could spit on his shoes. They were only crawling at them, anyway.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?One silver piece?? Madeline pocketed it anyway. ?As if there's even any shops here.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We should check on the others. They might need our help.? Damian led the way back down the path, Madeline following. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?You really showed those glowing pigs.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Thanks. Maybe it's my calling.? Damian grinned at Madeline, and she wriggled her hips at him. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]A strangled cry from ahead made the pair pick up their pace. It was Kieran, Damian was sure of it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Kieran!? He called out as they went down the other path. It twisted upwards, to the left, then entered a large cavern. The steps down stood at the other side of the cave, and down below Kieran was alone against two of the glowing pigs.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We can't get to him in time!? Madeline gasped. ?I could try to fire at them-?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Not a good idea,? Damian said as they hurried along the edge of the cavern. ?You'll just miss- uh, the pigs are too quick. Where are Jude and Henry??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I told them to go ahead!? Kieran said down below. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Yeah, real noble of you, you moron.? Damian scolded. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Just watch, little bro, I can defend myself.? Kieran put down his shield, kneeling against it. The pig closest to him walked into the shield. ?Super effective.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Kieran! Look out!? Madeline screamed, ?It's shuffling around the shield!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Bloodthirsty killer!? Kieran snarled. He was done for, surely. Damian and Madeline were only halfway to the steps, and Jude and Henry were nowhere to be seen.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]The sound of a harp and a melodious voice made everyone pause, including the pigs. From one of the paths down below came a tall young man, with long curly locks of hair and a beaming smile. He carried a silver harp, and was clearly the source of the musical voice. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It's a Bard!? Observed Madeline. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Quick, before the pigs come to their senses.? Damian and Madeline hurried down the steps, and each dealt a killing blow to the glowing pigs. The Bard stopped singing, and Damian crouched down with his brother. ?Are you alright??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Yeah, I'm fine. Help me up.? Damian stood, offering him a hand. He hadn't really noticed the difference in height until then. Kieran looked away.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Thank you for saving Kieran, brave Bard!? Madeline said with a great deal of flourishing. ?I'm Madeline the Elven Mage. See, I've got the ears and everything.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm Damian, and this is Kieran. Thanks for your help.? Damian offered a hand. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?No ptoblem buddy!? The Bard said in a thick American accent. Whereabouts in America was impossible for any of the others to work out. ?My name's Corey, I was just passing through here when I heard people in trouble. Thought a little song would lift everyone's spirits.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Did you see anyone else? A Druid, and a Priest??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?No, afraid not. Let's look together.? As if for the first time, Corey noticed Damian's clothes. ?What are you supposed to be??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?A Barbarian,? the young man muttered. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I should have known, with a sword that size.? Madeline and Kieran walked a little ahead, going down the passageway Kieran was sure the other two had gone down. ?So, how long have you two been going out??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What? Oh, no, me and Madeline are just friends...? if they could even be called that. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?No, you and the Paladin.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What? Don't be stupid, we're brothers.? Damian gave a nervous laugh. ?This is the wrong story for that, I'm afraid.? They carried on walking, and the Bard seemed reluctant to say anything else. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm sure they came this way,? Kieran said after they had walked for some time. ?Trust us to pick the longest path.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?At least this ominous glow is keeping the way clear,? Madeline said happily. ?I can't create my own lights until level 3.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Jude? Henry?? Kieran shouted down the path, his voice echoing off the low purple-tinged ceiling. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Kieran?? That was Jude, if shakier than usual. ?Stay away, it's a trap!? As they rounded the corner, it became more than clear that Jude was right. Her and Henry were strapped to chairs with ropes, and half a dozen of the glowing pigs surrounded them. Ominous oinks from behind confirmed that there was no way of escaping without kicking pork's... rind.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?How did they tie you to the chairs?? Damian asked.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Who cares, let's just kill them all.? Kieran swung for the nearest pig, and it squealed as it died.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Sounds like a good idea.? Madeline threw fire at the nearest pig... and managed to set the bottom of Henry's chair alight.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Meanwhile, Damian and Corey tackled the pigs from behind.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Never fear, Damian. I can sing to scare them away, and buy us time. Quickly, name me a really bad song!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Er... er... I don't know, anything by Coldplay!? Damian managed. Corey's following rendition was interesting, to say the least. Only, the pigs reacted strangely to it, glowing even brighter.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Corey, stop, I think they're drawing on the negative energy? Damian said quickly.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?That should have been enough to make them kill themselves,? Corey said in disbelief. Damian lifted his sword, and set to work as Corey tried a variety of different songs. After a few misses, he found a literal pop hit. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Corey, Material Girl is just making them dance, keep singing it!? Damian said as he moved from the first glowing pig. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Back to the other half of the battle, Madeline was having very little success in putting the fire out. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?All I can do it set things on fire!? She said. ?Jude, you're one with the earth, can't you do something??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Not when I'm tied to a chair!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Kieran was handling one of the glowing pigs when there was an unprovoked attack from his right. The pig left him reeling against the other wall. Damian heard the clattering of armour, and gasped in slow motion. ?Kieran!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'll hold these off,? Madeline said as she parried with the pigs. Sweat dripped down her face.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I can't help him either, I'm stuck with these. One false move and they'll strike me down!? Damian moaned. Out the corner of his vision he saw Corey shifting backwards, though he was still singing. ?Corey...?? He turned just in time to see a glowing pig throw itself at Kieran, and Corey intercepting. There was a lot of shouting, glowing and even a small explosion. When the dust clear, nobody was singing, but none of the glowing pigs remained. Corey lay on the floor, smothered in his own blood. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Oh, Corey!? Madeline kneeled over him. Kieran freed Henry and Jude, who also leaned over him. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Can you Heal him?? Damian asked. There was a pause, as everyone felt that warm rush of levelling up. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?He sacrificed himself for us,? Kieran said sadly. ?Can you Heal him, Henry??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I don't think my basic spell would be enough. As well as the fact that he's dead.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Oh, Corey!? Madeline sighed. Rummaging through his pockets, she took out a bag of silver. As she pocketed it, she murmured ?the boy with the cold hard cash is always Mr Right.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We should bury him,? Jude suggested.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?No point, he'll just be bones soon.? Sure enough, when they looked down he was just a skeleton. Henry grinned. ?So try not to die.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Damn. That's pretty scary.? Kieran shivered. ?Hey, where did Damian go??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Look at this, guys.? Madeline pulled a slip of paper out of the pile of bones. ?Look, it's a perfectly clean letter addressed to Corey.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What does it say?? Asked Kieran.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Well... it looks like it's written in a different language.? Madeline held it out, and as she said it was in some strange tongue none of the party could decipher. ?Better hold on to it.? Again, it disappeared into the folds of her skimpy dress. At least the others were getting used to it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?There must be some pigs left,? Jude said. ?We didn't look everywhere, and we haven't got a special item or anything. So let's get Damian and go pig hunting!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?These are glowing pigs,? Henry reminded her, ?remember what they can do.? he kicked a bone for emphasis.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]The four of them walked back out to the main cavern in time to see Damian hunched over his bag. On hearing them, the Barbarian stood up and turned, grinning awkwardly. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Oh yeah, we levelled up,? Kieran remembered. In Damian it was most obvious, as again he had bulked up. As Kieran moved closer, he found he was actually a hair shorter than his brother. He found this uncanny in itself, but the differences were greater elsewhere. Damian's clothes looked significantly tighter, and on closer inspection they actually looked too tight to be comfortable. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I'm not changing into my outfit,? he said stubbornly. His voice seemed a little different, though Kieran couldn't put his finger on what. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Oh come on Damian, you can hardly walk around like that.? Henry said firmly. ?In case you hadn't noticed, you aren't even wearing shoes.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?They were too small,? Damian said with a blush.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?You can't walk around in bare feet. Come on, at least put your boots on. Even Barbarians can get splinters.? Henry moved closer, holding out a hand to take the bag. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I can do it myself,? Damian pouted. ?Whenever I want.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Whatever man, this isn't the Damian Show. Let's go already.? Kieran headed down the only other route, leaving the others to follow or hang around. Henry lingered a minute before following the girls. Damian shook his head and began to follow...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Maybe I should put the boots on, he decided after a couple of steps. He put the sword down, and opened his bag. He spilt the contents on the floor, noticing that the clothes had grown alongside him. Just the boots, he told himself. Rubbing his hands, Damian figured the gloves would be good as well. For grip. They were necessary. Stamping into the thick boots and tugging the gloves on, they felt right. Grinning at himself, Damian tugged off his hoodie to get a better look at his body. One look told him that his hoodie was staying in the bag. The shirt, a pale blue, was painted over his slightly tanned skin (wasn't it paler before, he wondered), stretched thin enough to show every newly developed muscle. Damian took a glove off again to feel the firm pectorals he now had, jutting out from the rest of his body visibly. When he got bored of that ? and it took a while ? he moved on to his arms. He had a firm set of biceps. When he flexed, something he had never done seriously, the muscles bulged and caused the sleeves to bunch back. If they were bigger, just an inch or two, then the sleeves wouldn't stand a chance. Damian smiled at the mere thought of it happening. Maybe in a level or two it would be possible. His hands moved up to his shoulders. They were broader than before, he could feel it whenever he moved. He was physically taking up more space, which struck him as thrilling if disconcerting.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Better than elf ears, Damian decided. He tugged up the bottom of his shirt to see the beginnings of a thick set of abs. They were defined, but there was room for growth... something Damian had every intention of doing. He let his shirt drop, cracking his thick neck. He had some killing to do...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Damian!? Jude called, ?come on already!? He slung his bag on and hurried to catch up. The four others were stood in front of a glowing pig, who seemed to be having a staring contest with the wall. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It hasn't noticed us. We can jump in and kill it,? Kieran said. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?That's not very honourable,? Madeline said reproachfully. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It gets rid of it though. It has to be the last one.? Kieran took a step closer, but horror of horrors the glowing pig was alerted to his intrusion. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Just fire a fireball at it or something,? Henry huffed. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?These glowing pigs are tricky ones!? Madeline threw a fireball, which landed several feet short. ?See? Super dodging skills.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?You're full of shit, Mad.? Damian stroke forwards, and in one swift stroke the pig was no more. Before Madeline could respond, there was a harmonious chorus from somewhere.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I think we cleared the whole den!? Kieran said with a huge grin on his face. ?Nice one guys!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?So what do we do now?? Jude asked. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We go outside and find something that's a little tougher to kill,? Henry said. They made their way back out of the glowing cave, assured that the place was purged of all piggy evil ? at least until they respawned in there.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Looks like we don?t get a special item for clearing the whole den,? said Madeline. ?I suppose the experience was enough.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Normally there?s a big boss lurking around that drops the item,? Henry said. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Don?t say that, Henry...? Kieran groaned. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Why not??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Because now it?ll find us for sure!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Kieran was correct. Blackening the sunset at the exit of the cave was a pig which had to be half of Madeline?s height. It didn?t glow, but it seemed to such the light from around it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It?s the Super Pig,? Henry breathed. ?Ranged attacks, girls!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Erm...? Madeline tentatively threw her token fireball. Then another, then another. The pig didn?t seem fazed by this, though the smell of bacon filled the air. Jude raised her hands, moving them up and down slowly. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?This is no time for wax on wax off, Jude!? Said Henry.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Shhh.? Jude threw her hands out, and the unsuspecting pig was smothered in ants. They covered it, and the five heroes stood back to watch. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?That?s the first useful thing you?ve done all day,? Kieran said as the pig squealed and bucked. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Thanks. It means I?m one up on Henry.? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?It?s ok, he?s gonna cook ? look out!? Kieran shouted as the ant-ridden pig threw itself right at the group. Kieran dove behind his shield, and the two girls shoved Henry in front of them. Damian stepped in front, swinging his sword at the enemy.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Whoo! You show that pig Damian!? cheered Madeline. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?You need to keep throwing stuff at it,? Damian growled between swings. ?It just bit my arm!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Kieran peered around the shield as the two girls carried on with their ranged attacks. Henry began reading his book. Eventually the pig was beaten to the ground, but not before Damian?s arms were smothered in blood.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Damian, are you ? oooh look what it dropped.? Madeline held up a necklace.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What does it do?? Asked Kieran as they left the cave.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Er...? Madeline shrugged. ?Let?s read the label. Apparently it raises your magic power. I think I?ll take this.? She put it on, a simple amethyst on a silver chain. ?Exponential!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Henry, can you Heal me?? Damian asked, stabbing his sword into the soil. ?Look at me.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Ummm... ok.? Henry nodded. He held his hands over Damian?s arms. ?I think I have to stroke them for it to work, you know.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I?m covered in blood.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I don?t mind.? Henry pressed his warm hands against Damian?s filthy arms, running them up and down. They cupped the biceps, and Damian felt a stirring. It wasn?t the Healing, though.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Well??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?What? Oh.? Henry absently waved his hand, and the blood instantly disappeared. Any cuts Damian sustained were gone, as if they had never been. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Thanks.? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I think it?s dinnertime. Who?s hungry?? Asked Kieran. Looking around, the general consensus was negative. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I think we only eat to heal our health, here.? Henry suggested. ?And besides, we don?t have any food.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Yeah, that?s unlucky. What are we going to do tonight then??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?We could carry on killing. Just because it?s pitch black soon doesn?t mean we can?t see,? Jude said. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]I say we build a fire and chillax a bit,? Madeline said. ?Henry, you can get the wood. Because you just totally got to level 3 without lifting a finger.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Fine, fine, but we should go somewhere safe.? Henry set off, and the others followed him to a safe enclosure. It was surrounded by trees, and the only way to get in was between too many hedges for the average beast to care for. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?How did you find this?? Kieran asked, dropping his sword and shield to the floor.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?Instinct,? Henry supposed as he went to find wood. By the time he returned, the others [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]had taken their places and were dozing contently. He put the wood in the centre, and Madeline tossed a fireball lazily at it. ?Hey, Damian, you don?t want to make your top smell of smoke. You should probably take it off.?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]?I?ll deal with it,? Damian said as he turned away. The width of his shoulders was more noticeable when he lay there, leaning against his arm. The difference between the shoulders and waist was remarkable. Madeline and Jude whispered between themselves, and Henry only half heartedly listened to Kieran?s tale of how he handled the two glowing pigs. The Paladin noticed what was going on, and his lips tightened as he looked over at his gradually growing brother.[/COLOR]

- Shamshad Khan
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to scot158f's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM

scot158f is on a distinguished road
Awesome Job! I'm loving how the other brother is watching Damian grow slowly but surely. Keep up the great writing!
  #3   Add to Lufone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM

Lufone is on a distinguished road
Poor priests. We're so undervalued. T.T

(Fun nostalgia from when I played D & D myself.)
  #4   Add to denisovitch's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM

denisovitch is on a distinguished road
Poor paladin! At least in WoW I'd much rather be a paladin than a warrior. I wish games allowed you to grow your character with XP. As it is you just have to make due with the occasional potion if you want to be bigger.

As to the story, it's good and I'm enjoying it. I hope you don't feel too bound to the leveling process and introduce more of a story arc.
  #5   Add to Ogrebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:10 AM

Ogrebear
Nice part 2- nice to see some character development!

Are we likely to see the players disappear into their characters as they level, cos our Barbarians first Rage (or warp as Slaine had it) is going to be a hulk out spectacular!
  #6   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:09 PM

RyBearATL
Very fun!

Definitely a fun tale. Good going! Can't wait to read more.

Why couldn't D&D have been this way when *I* was playing it?
-R
  #7   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
i think henry better pick up where corey left off ;D
and i'm at best 'meh' on the brother dynamic; don't get me wrong, it's done well and full of tension goodness, but that kind of comparativeness as well as brothers (even if they're not sexing) never really got me hot :\ maybe it's cuz i'm an older brother myself and my lil bro's an ugly douche, who knows.
~Ille

Things happen.
  #8   Add to magicmonster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM

magicmonster is on a distinguished road
Wow, what a great story!
  #9   Add to ldaniel13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM

ldaniel13 is on a distinguished road
I'm definitely liking it.