The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories > Muscle Growth Story Showcase
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle Growth Story Showcase Recommended Muscle Growth Stories

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Greggrth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:05 AM

Greggrth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Greggrth
Drink! II

Hey, some people said they wanted to keep Drink in one thread because it was easier to follow and keep organised, but others said that it was difficult to keep track of when I'd added a chapter.

So, here's my idea. I'll post on this thread, saying that there's a new chapter on 'New Size, New Life' (http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=103005#post103005) and that way, the story is all in one place and you can tell when I've posted a new Chapter

"I'm more afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep"
Thanks
  #2   Add to Greggrth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Hey, part 2 is up and ready to be read

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...336#post103336

"I'm more afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep"
Thanks
  #3   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:35 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
???

Procedurally, this makes no sense. All you've done, if I'm interpreting your intentions correctly, is created two incrementally-updating threads when one will suffice.

Why does THIS thread exist? I mean, if people are going to remember to look over here, they can just as easily remember to look at the story thread itself.

The "don't-like-it-all-in-one-thread" crowd expect any new additions to show up as ENTIRELY NEW THREADS, because they consider only thread-creation to be an "update-level event" requiring their attention. Everything else is assumed to be just additional commentary/discussion.

This solves nothing, for that crowd, and serves no real utility for the people on the other side of the fence, either. They can just watch the story thread itself.

...Unless I'm missing something?
Thanks
  #4   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
i have to agree, frankly :\ i will say i think the idea is nobody else would have any reason to post to this thread; it's just his 'next one's up', nothing to elicit comments, so if this is updated then it's likely that he's updated the other, which gets comments all the time, with the next chapter...still doesn't do much about pointing us to the actual chapter, but that's hyperlinkable i guess 0.o

i'll also say i've been FIRMLY against "all in one thread" almost since I first encountered it; sometimes I'll get horribly behind in some stories or lose track & miss chapters, it's nuts.

much as i love greggrth and all the writers on the forums, but this "all in one thread" method only seems to serve to get extra views for the author as people confusedly/hopingly look through the thread for a new chapter when it gets bumped up only to find another comment and no story update.

since story views never really meant much to me to begin with, even THAT explanation strikes me as silly... :\ what's it worth? and at what "cost"? you get some extra views, sure, but at the 'cost' of straightforwardness & orderliness.... readers get confused or don't check/follow the story as well, and comments aren't assuredly kept with the relevant chapters. at some points of "Drink!", I didn't even bother followign because I didn't feel like searching through the 5page jumble for the mere possibility of a chapter. say, chapter 8, but when i did get to reading it had something to say that was specific to that chatper, but meanwhile 9 and 10 had been posted....it would at best be inconveniently disconnected, at worst terribly out of place. besides it can be hard enough already some of the time just trying to follow/maintain one or more complicated complicated discussion in the comments that're perhaps only relevant to some particular(s) of the one chapter without their getting interrupted by the next chapter and its OWN comments/discussions....

oh well. sorry for the rant, everyone; it's just been bugging me :\
~Ille

Things happen.
Thanks
  #5   Add to Greggrth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM

OK, I'll keep using this meathod for New Size Ne Life, but on future, I'll use the hyperlink thingy. Also, as I forgot to do this eariler, I should do it now. The next part is up http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16219

Thanks
  #6   Add to Greggrth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM

New Chapter up

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...012#post105012

Thanks
  #7   Add to Greggrth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM

New part up, sorry for the delay

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...425#post108425

Thanks