The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 19: Cool Love

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

Ben finished watching “Hawaii Five-O” and stood up from the couch. He turned off the television and was headed for the kitchen when he heard footsteps coming up the path next to the house. He reversed course and walked toward the foyer, and then opened the front door.

Just ascending the last porch step was Lee, one of the postmen for the neighborhood. He was fairly tall, about the same height as Ben, with broad shoulders and a tight waist left over from his glory days as a high school athlete. He had dark brown hair, which he liked to keep shorter than many of the others in his generation, and dark brown eyes, and he actually looked quite striking in his uniform.

He was the youngest post office employee on the island, only 23 years old, so he ended up with the west side route that none of the older employees wanted. Unlike some of the other areas, where the mail deliverers could sit in their trucks all day and drop letters into roadside boxes, the postman assigned to the far west side had to walk up to every doorstep.

Not that Lee minded, however, for two reasons: one, he had always enjoyed physical activity, and all the walking helped to keep him in good shape. He liked that his physique still received compliments at the beach and the gym. And two, it occasionally allowed him to catch a glimpse of Kathy Dickerson’s great-nephew, who was staying at her house for the summer. Lee had always been attracted to big, beefy, blonde men, and Ben Reeves was the ultimate example of the type of man who made him tingle all over.

When Ben opened the door, the sight took Lee’s breath away. Ben hadn’t put on a shirt after his post-workout shower, so all of the muscles above his white shorts were in full view. The bulging biceps and triceps, the big meaty pecs, and those unbelievable abs, all topped off with the golden hair and deep blue eyes. To Lee, he resembled Reb Brown in the Captain America movie he had seen on television a few years ago, only younger, more handsome, and even more muscular.

“Hey there, Lee,” said Ben. “It’s been a while. Wasn’t sure when I would see you again.”

“Hello, Ben,” responded Lee, in his usual polite manner. “Sorry about the lack of mail, but at least you received one piece today.” He reached into his bag, pulled out a single postcard, and handed it to Ben.

Ben took the card, gave it a quick glance, and smiled. “Thanks,” he said, then lifted his head back up to face the postman. “How’s the route going today?”

“It’s been pretty light, as usual. It gets a little tougher when the stores send out back-to-school catalogs in August, but for the most part it stays slow until Labor Day when everybody gets back onto the island.”

Ben thought about how different the job of a rural postman on the island must be from those in New York City. "It must be nice getting paid and getting all this exercise, out in the sunshine, with the fresh marine air, and no traffic to get stuck in."

Lee nodded. "It's pretty much perfect for me. I even like it when it rains."

“Cool. Well, thanks again, Lee. See you next time, Lee."

Lee tried to think of something to continue the conversation, but he didn’t want to seem like he was too desperate. If word got out on the island that he was lusting after men, he thought it would certainly make his life a lot tougher. So instead, he gave a quick wave and started back down the steps, wondering if he should start sending mail to Ben anonymously, just so he would have something to deliver each day.

Ben was about to shut the door when he had a thought. “Hey, Lee,” he called out. “Do you like to play basketball?”

Lee immediately stopped on the steps and turned around. “I’m always up for a game. Why do you ask?”

Ben walked out on to the porch to finish the conversation. “Well, my usual workout buddy’s out of town, and I just sort of felt like playing a little ball tonight. Know anyplace on the island with a hoop.”

“The high school has outdoor courts. They’re right out in the sun, however, so they get pretty hot during the middle of the day. It’s a lot better to use them for evening games.”

“Great. You wanna meet me there tonight for a little one-on-one?” Ben mimed a basketball shot as he spoke.

When Ben jumped, Lee watched as his pecs bounced up and down. It took him a few extra seconds to grasp that Ben was asking him to actually spend time with him, and once he realized it, the idea of playing sports with the golden hunk was almost too much for Lee’s brain to handle. He blurted out an emphatic “YES!” and then followed it up with a slightly softer, yet still fairly rushed, “You need a ride?”

“No, I’ll probably just jog over there, but I do need to get a basketball. Can you bring one?”

“No problem. I have a couple around the house.”

“Super. Seven o’clock OK?” asked Ben.

“Perfect! See you then!” Lee turned back toward the road and smiled with vigor as he thought of playing basketball with a sweaty, shirtless Ben. He then made a list of mental notes to himself as he floated on air back to his truck:

1) Buy a basketball on the way home from work.
2) Scuff up ball so it looks well used.
3) Practice my lay-ups so I don’t embarrass myself.
4) Stretch. Must be limber.
5) Jack off before I leave so I don’t get hard on the court staring at Ben.

After Lee left, Ben shut the door and looked at the postcard picture. It was a photo of a sunny day at Coeur D’Alene Lake in North Idaho, with the lake in the forefront and a few mountains in the background. Ben flipped the card over and read the back:

[COLOR="Yellow"]Hey Ben –

Jay, Jim, and I are having a great time on the trip, and the lake is really beautiful, but I miss all the fun we had, too (and our workouts!). I’ve been doing my situps and pushups every day, so don’t worry, I’ll still be in prime condition when I get back. Hope you’re not too bored!

Take care, Tug[/COLOR]

Ben smiled when he read the words. He flipped the picture back over to the photo, which he looked at for another few seconds, and then walked into the kitchen and set the postcard on the counter. After checking the time on the wall clock, he went around collecting everything he needed to go lay on the beach – towel, suntan lotion, radio, and also his journal and a pen.

He went downstairs and exited through the back door. The temperature was warm, about 80 degrees, with surprisingly little wind coming from Puget Sound. Ben strolled to his favorite spot, spread out his towel, and sat down on it. He spent the next few minutes applying the suntan lotion to his face, chest, arms, stomach, and as much of his back as he could possibly reach.

When finished, he wiped his hands off on the towel and then clicked on the radio. The DJ’s voice started streaming from the little black box, alerting his listeners that the next song was going to be a new one by Pablo Cruise called ‘Cool Love.’ The tune began to play as Ben lay himself down on the blanket and opened his journal.

A room full of faceless strangers
Here I am again
Suddenly, my eyes meet yours
Looks like I found a friend

Ben flipped through the pages until he reached the one for June 15: [COLOR="Yellow"]Yesterday it was an island of strangers, but today it's an island with Tug. Really friendly. And good-looking. And funny, with a big laugh. He laughed so loud it filled the entire room. Swoon! Sigh! Egad, I sound like a fourteen year old girl. But I do hope to see him again soon.[/COLOR]

Warms up as the night wears on
We’re both feelin’ good

Ben flipped forward a few weeks and saw the last part of his entry for July 4: [COLOR="yellow"]Spectacular fireworks tonight. It was a (pardon the pun) blast watching them from the fire lookout. And it was so warm and comfortable under the blanket with Tug - I wonder if he felt that way, too? Dang it, you think I would have learned my lesson with Kelly – don't get too attached to boys. What am I getting myself into?[/COLOR]

Gonna take it to the end this time
We’re gonna find out, find out, find out
Just how good it is, yeah

Ben stared at the last part: “[COLOR="yellow"]What am I getting myself into?[/COLOR]” He bit his lip as he read it, and then turned to the page for July 23. He picked up the pen in his left hand and started writing: [COLOR="yellow"]Another 8 days before Tug gets back. I’m falling for him. I am. But I have to find out where he stands. I have to play it cool for a little while longer. Play it cool.[/COLOR]

As he wrote, the singer from Pablo Cruise continued to croon.

It’s a cool kinda love
It’s like rain in the summertime coming down
Yes, it’s a cool kinda love
And cool love, baby
That’s what it’s all about

Last edited by Padraig; July 23rd, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM

OK, everything started working again, so I was able to post this chapter. First, I wanted to mention the Reb Brown reference in this part - I have hinted several times during the story that Ben looks like a really buff version of the lead character from the TV series, "The Greatest American Hero." And although that's the topical reference for 1981, the true model for Ben (and honestly, most of the main characters I have ever written about) is Reb Brown circa 1979.

Reb was, in my opinion, the pinnacle of masculine beauty. I was only 11 when I saw the TV movie, "Captain America: Death Too Soon," but even then I could appreciate his many fine attributes. Take a look at this clip, specifically about 45 seconds in, with Reb in the ripped blue shirt. When he smiles it just kills me - I literally go weak in the knees. Swoon. Sigh. And don't even get me started on the tight fit of those jeans...

And here's a clip of today's song, for those of you who would like to appreciate the many fine attributes of Pablo Cruise.

Last edited by Padraig; July 23rd, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
  #3   Add to philat99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM

philat99 is on a distinguished road
Sorry I hadn't responded to each chapter, but I have been thoroughly enjoying your carefully planned discovery scenario. Keep up the good work. It sure seems that you're enjoying your creative work as well.
Mike
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM

I appreciate your comments, Phil, and I'm glad that you are enjoying the deliberateness of the storyline. I also appreciate your patience, too, as a reader - I mean, it took me 19 chapters for one character to admit he was in love, and he didn't even do it to the person he is in love with.

My overall goal was to make the story feel like it was happening over an entire summer, and so far I think I have been able to stick with that plan. I'm just about to the halfway point of the tale, and about halfway through the dates I picked for the summer season (at least for this particular story), so I think it's right on track.

#5   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM

A quick reminder - just like Tug will be out of town for another 8 days in the story, I will be out of town for the next 8 days as well. The next update should be posted on Saturday, August 1.

If I can get to a computer, I will try to respond to any feedback given before then. Thanks again to everyone who is reading!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options