The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 21: Physical

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

“Look, Ben, just try to understand my point of view.”

“I already know your point of view, Tug. And I’ve been patient and I’ve been a good friend, but it’s time for you to get horizontal.”

“But…”

“Tug, stop stalling. You’re saying all the things you know I’ll like, and you’re making good conversation, but it’s time to work your abs.”

Tug sighed, knowing that his workout partner could read him like a book – his least favorite body part to train was his middle, if only because he felt it was so much weaker than the rest. “Ben, I’m not stalling. It’s just that I think it’d be better…”

“Tug, there’s nothing left to talk about,” said Ben. “You are going to do these situps, and you’re going to do them with this plate.” Ben handed Tug the 25-pound weight and pointed toward the incline bench.

Tug smiled and took the plate. He lay himself down on the bench and hooked his feet in at the top. He took a deep breath in and started his situps.

“1…2…3…”

“Show me what you’ve got, Tug,” said Ben.

The reps were relatively easy as first. After seven weeks of training, Tug had gone from struggling to complete 10 regular situps to performing more than 30 inclines while holding extra weight. But compared to the rest of his body, which had seen muscles sprout up all over the place, his abdominals had remained hidden under the small amount of fat remaining on his belly.

“4…5…6…”

Tug continued going up and down, still not straining too much, even though he had upped the poundage of the weight he was holding from the set he had done two days ago.

“7…8…9…”

“Keep going, buddy. Let’s see the animal in you.”

Tug tried not to giggle.

‘Let’s see the animal in you?’ Sometimes Ben says the strangest stuff when training…

“10…11…12…”

Sweat began to appear from Tug’s brow as he worked his core muscles. He was putting all of his effort into the situps and his body was fatigued from the lifts earlier in his workout.

“13…14…15…”

“Let me hear your body talk, Tug. Let me hear that it wants those abs to show up.”

Tug could feel a slight twinge each time he went up now, which he knew would soon turn into a burn. A burn that told him his abs were working hard to get stronger. A burn that would not stop until he stopped.

“16…17…18…”

I'm gonna do 40 this time…I'm almost halfway done...

“19…20…21…”

The reps suddenly became a little tougher at this point, and Tug’s pace slowed down considerably.

“Come on, Tug. Keep going!” Ben lifted up his white shirt to reveal his abs. “You gotta keep going if you want them to look like this.”

As his head came up over his knees, Tug caught a quick glimpse of his workout partner’s tanned, taut, and powerful midsection.

Now that will definitely make me work harder…

“22…23…24…”

Ben flexed his abdominals so they would really pop out. Tug, inspired by the show, picked up his pace a little bit and cranked out more reps.

“25…26…27…”

“Don’t hold back, Tug. Get physical!”

“28...29…30…”

A few more…a few more…imagine what you’ll look like when you have abs like Ben…

“31…32…33…”

The situps were becoming extraordinarily difficult at this point, and Tug's pace slowed again. Ben noticed the drop in speed and spoke up: “Come on, Tug! Would Captain America give up if he got a little tired?"

Tug's brain flashed on a quick image of Captain America - tall and strong, with bulging muscles across his entire body.

Heck, no, Captain America wouldn't give up. He'd keep on fighting...

“34…35…36…”

The weight was getting to be very heavy in Tug's hand, and the burn in his abdomen was unbearable, but he was determined to make it to 40 reps.

I can do this...

“37…”

Tug took another deep breath, knowing in his heart he could complete his goal.

“38…”

"Go for two more, Tug!"

“39…”

“One more, Tug!” said Ben.

“40.”

Tug collapsed back on the bench, gasping for air, after his fortieth rep. He had not only been holding a heavier weight plate than last time, but he had added eight reps to his total. Ben congratulated his workout partner, took the weight from Tug's hands, and then let him rest for a few minutes since it was the last exercise of their morning workout.

----------------------------------------------------

Later that day, the boys headed outside to sit in the old recliners in the shade of the maple tree next to the house. Tug and Ben had run out of fresh reading material, but the chairs still offered a great place to relax during the afternoon – they had even turned one so the seats were still side-by-side, but now they faced each other instead of facing the same direction.

Both boys quickly fell asleep after reclining in the chairs, as the combination of their intense workout, their beach jog, the extreme heat, and their big lunch had destroyed any chance of them staying awake that afternoon. They dozed for almost two hours, with neither moving much or making any noise.

Ben woke up first and looked across his chair to Tug - he was wearing a blue and white shirt and blue shorts that had gotten to be too large for his shrinking frame, and Ben thought they would definitely have to go get him some new clothes soon. He continued to stare at Tug until he woke up a few minutes later.

"What time is it?" asked Tug softly.

"About three. I guess we were both pretty tired from our workout."

“Yeah, I guess so," replied Tug as he sat up a little. "About that workout, Ben, I wanted to thank you for the encouragement with the situps today. You didn’t let me get away with doing an easier set, and you inspired me to work a lot harder."

Ben smiled at his friend. “I guess I just know you pretty well mentally. Well, you know what I mean – how to handle you just right.”

“Exactly. But I’m curious: why did you use Captain America as a motivator? I mean, why him, of all the people you could have said?”

“Isn’t he your favorite comic book hero?” asked Ben.

“Yeah, he is, but how did you know? I don’t remember ever telling you that.”

“Well, whenever we talk about superheroes, your eyes practically light up at the mention of Captain America. You usually only have a few comments about Superman comics or The Flash comics or The Green Arrow comics, but you always have at least a hundred things to say about Captain America.”

Tug furrowed his brow. “Am I that obvious?”

“To anyone paying attention, yes, you are.”

“Maybe I should tone it down a little?”

Ben looked directly at Tug and his expression turned serious. “Are you kidding? Never be embarrassed for loving Captain America. He’s completely awesome! I mean, even though he got injected with that Super Soldier Serum, he still works out every day to stay in peak physical condition. And he doesn’t fight dirty. And his shield is really cool!”

Tug unforrowed his brow and a small grin popped onto his face. “Thanks, Ben.”

“You’re welcome. Now, speaking of superheroes, do you want to go see the Superman sequel tonight? I saw in the paper it was playing in downtown Everett.”

Tug’s smile disappeared as quickly as it had arrived. “I never saw the first one,” he said glumly.

Ben sat up in his chair. “What? But you’re a huge comic book fan – how could you miss the first Superman movie? It’s been on HBO like 1,000 times the past year.”

“Well, I was supposed to go see it on my sixteenth birthday, when it was out in the theatres, but my plans got derailed.”

“What happened?” asked Ben.

Tug sat quietly for a few seconds before he answered. “It was a Saturday, and my parents were out of town that day attending a funeral, so we were going to celebrate with a party the next day. But my friend Jay wanted to do something special on my actual birthday, so he asked if I wanted to go see 'Superman: The Movie' at the Paradise Theatre.”

“Sounds good so far,” said Ben.

“It was. Jay had a baseball game in the afternoon, so I had planned to meet up with him and his parents at a pizza place near the theatre at 6:00 that evening. Then we’d all have dinner and go to the show. The tournament ran a little long, however, so Jay's mom called the restaurant and told me to go ahead and order and they would join me when they got there – that way, we wouldn’t miss the 7:00 showing of the movie.”

“OK.”

“I ordered the pizzas, and the waiter brought them out to my table around 6:15. Now what you have to realize is that on my sixteenth birthday, I was still pretty short – only about 5’8” – as I didn’t really shoot up in height until that summer and fall. So I was short, and fat, and sitting alone with two large pizzas.”

Ben cringed. “What happened?”

“What happened next is something I have never told anyone. Roy Zane and some of his friends were also at the pizza parlor that night, although I didn’t see them at first because they were playing pinball in the arcade.”

“Who’s Roy Zane?”

“He went to my high school, but he was a senior and I was a sophomore at the time. Roy was big, and tough, and a bully. He knew well enough to leave me alone when my brother was around, but at the pizza parlor I was pretty defenseless and too scared to fight back. Roy saw me sitting alone with the pizzas and started mocking me. He’s the one who used to call me Tug the Lug all the time, or Gut, or the Hefty Lefty.”

“He called you 'Gut?'”

“Well, it’s Tug spelled backward, and I had a fairly sizable one. Anyway, Roy is making fun of me, saying how hard it must be to keep my hands on the table with all that food in front of me, and he and all of his friends are laughing and laughing. I just sat there taking it, hoping to God that Jay and his parents would soon show up. Eventually, it seemed like Roy got tired of me not reacting and started to walk away.”

“Did he?”

“Yes, but not before coming back one last time. He pulled up the front of my t-shirt and stretched it up over my head, just far enough so that it was very difficult for me to unhook. My arms went up to try to pull it down, and then he shook my belly and laughed right near my face.”

“What an ass!” exclaimed Ben. He was now sitting up in his chair and had inched closer to Tug. "Did he do anything physical?"

“No, he just kept calling me fatso and other names. Eventually, the waiter helped me get my shirt down, but by then everyone in the restaurant was staring at me. I was mortified and started crying, Roy and his friends left, and a few minutes later Jay and his parents showed up.”

“Did they ask what happened?”

“They saw that I was upset, but I just told them I wasn’t feeling well. So we boxed up the pizza, came back to the island, and I went straight to bed.”

Ben stood up, walked over to sit on the armrest of Tug’s chair, and put his arm around his friend. “Tug, that sounds like the worst birthday ever. I’m sorry that happened to you.”

Tug looked up and smiled at Ben. “Thanks. Anyway, I didn’t see the movie that night, and I guess I never got around to seeing it on cable. But if you don’t think I’ll have much trouble not knowing the plot of the first one, I would love to go with you to see ‘Superman 2’ tonight.”

“Cool beans. And if we run into Roy Zane anywhere, I’m going to kick his butt.”

Tug jumped out of his chair and flexed both of his biceps, which had grown in size considerably since meeting Ben. Then he put his arms down, set his hands on his hips, and flared out his chest like Captain America in the comic books.

“You’ll have to get in line behind me, Ben," said Tug in the deepest voice he could muster. "Now that I’ve been working out every day to achieve peak physical condition, I’m not going to let the Roy Zanes of the world mess with me anymore!”

Ben laughed, happy to see his friend feeling more confident.

Last edited by Padraig; August 8th, 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:42 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road

The lovely Olivia Newton-John, singing the song that inspired this chapter. The outfit, the hair, the calisthenics - all awesome! Oh, 'Solid Gold,' I miss you so much!

And here's a link if you'd like to see the comic book origins of Captain America (featuring a dreamy, shirtless post-super-serum Steve Rogers: Click here for Cappy

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options