The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 37: Time

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical
Part 22: Hold On Tight
Part 23: Medley
Part 24: I Love You
Part 25: The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Part 26: Everlasting Love
Part 27: It's My Turn
Part 28: I Love A Rainy Night
Part 29: Promises In The Dark (Beginning)
Part 30: Promises In The Dark (Middle)
Part 31: Promises In The Dark (Almost To The End)
Part 32: Promises In The Dark (The End)
Part 33: I Made It Through The Rain
Part 34: For Your Eyes Only
Part 35: What Are We Doin' In Love
Part 36: You Make My Dreams

Any feedback is very much appreciated – I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

Later that day, Ben returned to the Yates home to speak with Tug, but he didn’t get the opportunity right away. Tug was feeling better by that time and had moved down to the living room, where his mother was fussing over his every movement. Ben certainly couldn’t blame her for hovering, as she had almost lost her child, so he wasn’t upset that he couldn’t get Tug alone.

He stayed for dinner, and afterward, Mrs. Yates had insisted on having a game night between the four of them, and so they played a variety of different games for several hours. Finally, after Tug won at the Game of Life, Mr. and Mrs. Yates decided to go to bed around 11:00pm.

As the boys were straightening up the dining room, where the different game boards had been scattered about, Tug brought up the subject of Ben's journal.

“I want you to know that I read through your journal. The whole thing.”

“And?” Ben replied.

“And it was very flattering, obviously. I had no idea that you cared so deeply, and who in this world doesn’t want to be loved?”

“But?”

“But I need more time to figure things out, OK? I just need a little more time.”

Ben stopped picking up the playing cards and looked directly at his friend. “Tug, we have all the time in the world.”

Tug also stopped cleaning and looked back at Ben with a smile. “Well, I don’t think I need *that* much time.”

Ben laughed. “Look, I just wanted you to know how I felt, and when you’re ready, I’d love to know how you feel. Even if you don’t feel the same way, that’s OK. I just didn’t feel right keeping my thoughts a secret anymore.”

“OK, Ben. Now let’s finish putting these games away so we can hit the sack.”

The boys cleaned up the rest of the dining room, Tug returned the journal to Ben, and they both wished each other a good night.

-----------------------------------------------------

The following day Tug visited the doctor and was given a clean bill of health – the swelling on his head had subsided and there was no indication of any adverse effects. The doctor even took extra time to praise Tug on his weight loss, saying that he wished all of his patients kept themselves half as physically fit as he did.

After the visit, Tug and Ben resumed much of their normal routine over the next week – breakfast, lifting, jogging, lunch, TV, and various activities throughout the afternoon. They had discussions on many different subjects, about the books they read, the daily news, and just general chitchat about life on the island, but they didn’t talk about their relationship – it was the one subject that Tug didn’t want to talk about.

Actually, there were two topics, but neither Tug nor Ben wanted to discuss the second – Ben’s return to the East Coast, the date of which was rapidly arriving. Tug knew that he wouldn’t be able to stop September 12 from coming, but it didn’t stop him from wishing it so.

He just kept thinking about Ben’s words to him from the week before: “We have all the time in the world.”

If only it were true…

On the evening of September 11, Ben borrowed the Yates family pickup for two tasks – first, he and Tug moved the weight set from his aunt’s house back to Tug’s basement, and then he drove it over to the home of his aunt’s friend, Elvira, to help with some last-minute projects at her house.

Tug declined to accompany his friend on the second task, preferring to stay at home and think about his relationship with Ben. He wandered around his house, then took a walk though the grove, down the road, and ended up at Ben’s aunt’s house, where he continued his walk down the beach. He tried to come up with some answers, but all that he kept thinking of were questions.

How could this possibly work?

When would we ever see each other?

Would I have to keep it a secret?

Would mom and dad both hate me if I told them? Would they disown me?

How would I tell my friends? What would Jay think?

How would Jim react at college knowing that he had a gay roommate?

Tug was frightened of what the future might hold – it wasn’t as though he had planned out his life in great detail, but any daydreaming about his adulthood certainly didn’t include a boyfriend. He tried to rationalize the concept in his mind, but ultimately felt defeated by his fears.

I don’t think I can do this…I can’t…I can’t…

He went to bed early that night, telling his parents that he had a headache and asking them to tell Ben he would see him in the morning.

Saturday, September 12, 1981

Tug woke up that morning and noticed the change immediately.

Even under his comforter and blanket, he could feel the chilly air blowing in from the open window in his bedroom – it was cool and crisp, and at least ten degrees below where it was at the same time the day before.

Tug got up out of his bed and walked over to shut the window, and he saw that the blue skies of the last ten days had been replaced with clouds, and the leaves on the trees were beginning to change colors.

I didn’t notice that yesterday…it’s like everything changed overnight…

The calendar would not officially herald the onset of autumn for more than a week, but to Tug, it was definitely on its way. The summer of 1981 was just about over.

After a few minutes of studying the landscape from his window, Tug started getting ready for his day, taking off the old sweatpants that served as his pajamas and tossing them in his hamper. He went into his bathroom and showered and shaved, and then returned to his bedroom to get dressed.

As he did so, he turned on the radio to listen to some music, and the lead singer of the Alan Parsons Project began to serenade him.

Time
Flowing like a river
Time
Beckoning me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river
To the sea

Goodbye my love
Maybe for forever
Goodbye my love
The tide waits for me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore

Goodbye my friends
Maybe for forever
Goodbye my friends
The stars wait for me
Who knows where we shall meet again
If ever
But time
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore

Forevermore
Forevermore
Forevermore

After putting on his clothes, Tug sat down on his bed, the lyrics hitting him like a ton of bricks.

Time keeps flowing like a river…and now Ben’s really leaving…today’s the day…who knows where we shall meet again, if ever...

If only we did have all the time in the world…but we don’t…

It was at that moment Tug figured out what he wanted to say to Ben.

Last edited by Padraig; September 6th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:28 PM

The Alan Parsons Project:

#3   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
OK, now that's just mean. You are telling a great story, but you don't have to cut it up into song size bits. Have two or three songs in a chapter. They still help sum up your mood for the chapter but this gets annoying when you get a head of steam reading the story only to have it blink to the next chapter so quickly. It looses the continuity that people need to keep reading. The story is great. Put it together. I'm hoping that only a few more chapters will be coming before he tells Ben he loves him.

I have one song I hope you won't be playing. 10cc "I'm Not In Love". Now that I have come out to my friends and a few family, that song fits a Gay love story so much better. And the line sung by a guy instead of a girl saying "Big Boys Don't Cry" makes me think it was planned that way from the start. Please don't head that way. Being in my fifties makes me see just how much time we can really waste. Tell him you love him. What in the world are you waiting for?
And for heaven's sake, please do...
Keep Writing.

redroger11

aka
Kev
  #4   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
I'm in total agreement with redroger...how mean <smile>. You've been hit by the muse I see and have been very productive. I'm going to miss this when it's all over but can't wait to see what your next story entails. I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I vote for the true feelings and Tug getting over the fear and just laying it on the line as our revels come to an end.
  #5   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM

I realized that the last few parts contained a lot of "storytelling" (and not much muscle fantasy), which is why I have been posting them faster than normal. I didn't want to leave you all hanging.

Next chapter should be up early tomorrow. As always, thanks for reading!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options