The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Turbomuscle

Strong Friend

Dont know exactly where to put this but one night a friend and I were driving around looking for a place to eat that was open and we had to settle on a Weinerschnitzle... yeah hot dogs yummm. anyway we got out of the car and went up to the place and he rips the door off the hinges to the restaraunt.

he claims that the door was already broken but I tend to think otherwise.... needless to say it was quite a shock to see this... he just turned to me and said "uh maybe we should leave."

I haven't spoken of this to him since...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2003, 07:38 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Hmmf!

You obviously need to maneuver him into some other situation that will require him to demonstrate his strength! Just make sure you have a camera handy, OK? Uh, and work on getting him to take his shirt off, too! That'll do it!

:-)

rpj
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:41 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Wink

I like arpeejay's idea, but even if you can't negotiate a situation like that, maybe a pic of him anyways? Even with clothes no will do (if that's what we must settle for.)
  #4   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:45 PM
Turbomuscle

Perhaps I can get in a situation where he'll be forced to rescue me or something like that... I did find it odd that he would drive around looking for a fast food place and just happened to choose one that was out of the way so he could rip the door off the hinges...
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:53 PM

Lightbulb

Just remember to have your digital camera ready, when you, "Need rescuing" .
  #6   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Turbomuscle

Ok this is kinda weird but here goes:

I was living with this one roommate who claimed not to be strong but on the last day of him living here he moved a heavy fouton mattress all by himself out of the apartment and down the stairs to the back fence whereby he proceeded to pick it up over the fence and dump it in an empty lot...

My question is: how the hell can anyone be strong enough to do that by themselves? I could barely lift that thing and he picked it up high enough to dump it over the fence.
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2003, 08:58 PM

What kind of futon was it?

Futons varey greatly.

First: Are we talking futon & frame, or just the futon itself? Most of the weight is in the frame.

Second: What was the content & thickness of the futon? Most futons are made of solid cotton fiber, but vary greatly in their thickness, which will determine comfort & physical weight. The 2.5' thick futon in my livingroom weighs almost nothing, and it needs LOTS of cushions to be comfortable. The futon in my second bedroom (where I send my partner when he snores too loud, poor Rob ) is 4.5" thick and weighs a LOT more.

Also how did he lift it? Even before I started lifting weights I could easily lift & move extreamly heavy futons (6+inches thick) by rolling them, and lifting/ moving them with proper form. I used to load lugage at PDX (Portland International) and I can move object weighing over 500 pounds, not through some Herculean feet, but by knowing how to move weight.

All that said, most futons are very heavy, and most people don't know how to properly move weight that is several times heavier than they can normally lift. So maybe your former roommate really was quite strong, but he didn't want people asking him to do stuff for them. Did you ever see him with his shirt off?
  #8   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Turbomuscle

The thing is he wasn't any great shakes muscular wise in fact kind of scrawny. I dont see how he could have gotten that fouton mattress up and over the fence without help.

Weird.
Perhaps this is a muscle story in the making?

Im just thinking why he would want to take two old beat up couches down to his new place with him... there was evidence of lots of wood on the carpet and some yellowish powdery substance I didnt know what it was.
Perhaps he broke the couches into peices and threw them into the dumpster?

My feeling is that he was really strong and didnt want anyone else to know. I had a rod that I was just messing around with one night and bent with much effort (and using my knee) and the next morning it was straightened out again perfectly. It startled me to say the least.
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2003, 10:13 PM

It could make for a great story, but I doubt if someone that scrawny is hugely strong, he could be, Powerlifters are much smaller than bodybuilders, yet much stronger... I think your former roommate just knew how to lift well. As for the metal rod, once you bend a piece of metal, it weakens. I'm sure it was much easier to staighten, than it was to bend originaly. If you've ever done much work with aluminum, you'll know how easy it is to 'burn' - where it breaks when you try to twist it. However, my logic isn't nearly as much fun as your imagination, so I'll shut-up now.
  #10   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Turbomuscle

Who knows maybe Im the strong one and he just wants me to think he is strong as well. Tonight out of sheer boredom I ripped apart my old AOL TV unit.

Are metal cases like that easy to bend?
  #11   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 12:36 AM

Ripped apart with brute strength?

What's an AOL TV unit? Why do you have AOL? Is AOL anything useful for anything more than ripping apart? Sorry, I have had some unpleasant AOL experiences. Generaly with friend's computers when they didn't take my advice to stay clear of AOL. Even if they do offer 1045 free hours. They may have improved, but I'm too happy with my cable internet through AtHome, wait through Exite, wait through AT&T, wait through Comcast, oh hell, through who ever took-over the local cable monopoly last... I guess I don't care about the name, just the service.

If you ripped it apart with your own hands, maybe you're the strong one afterall. How are your doors doing?
  #12   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Turbomuscle

Wink

AOL TV was AOL's attempt to cash in on the set top box "craze" that started and died with WEBTV. Now MSN TV ... AOL TV was originally the old defunct RCA Channel settop box... and maybe they just used cheap metal to make the boxes... however it was still fun to rip apart.
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 10:44 PM

You're funny! I did notice that on the MSN TV ads, the unit says RCA on the front left, and that its made of plastic. Maybe they took a page from Apple's book and made it of bullet-proof Lexan polymer? OK probably not. I do think its strange that after the failure of WebTV, and Ultimate TV they still are trying the same gig. I've also heard that Sonic Blue, which makes TIVO competitor, "Replay TV" is in bankrupcy, and I've noticed that the company that made the "Mail-Station" line up is gone, but their "Most Popular Model" is being sold by Earthlink. I say good luck to all, I'm just glad I don't own any shares in any of them... So I think the fun you had riping it apart is probably the most productive use of, set-top box "Technology"...

Now I looking for stuff to rip apart. I'm eyeing a 4 year old PC at the moment...

Now if I could just find that' "Cha, cha, cha, cha" music from the Bionic Woman.
Oh why, oh why does Jamie Summers (my childhood hero) have to be so busy hocking gimicky beds?

Last edited by brent; April 25th, 2003 at 10:47 PM.
  #14   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Turbomuscle

And Wonderwoman is hawking door to door contact lenses.. sigh what is the world coming to?

Anyway- even if it IS cheap metal, I doubt the average person would be able to bend it... man no wonder my arms are sore today...

BTW- is it considered easy to lift a stove?
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:09 PM

Another idol hits the dust!

I loved Linda Cater's Wonder Woman as a kid, but Jamie Summers was my IDOL! I should have known then...

To answer your question, no stoves are not easy to lift. Only cheap electric dyers are truely easy to lift.

P.S. Years later I found out that my stepfather went to high school with Lindesy Wagner (Lindsey Ball back then) I may have misspelled her name but its getting late.

Keep working out & maybe you'll be ripping the stove apart. I want to rip the stove in my house apart, but its a rental house, so it's probably not a good idea...
  #16   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Turbomuscle

The thing is I hardly work out and I can bend metal rods and lift entertainment centers and stoves. Perhaps this is why the military was interested in me... I seemed to have mostly friends that were involved in the military in some form or other.. most of my friends have been "reassigned."

the one roommate I had had all his bags that said "PROPERTY OF US GOVERNMENT" emblazened on them in big letters so you can't tell me that he wasn't military.

Anyway- they are all gone now. Perhaps they were just there to monitor my strength and got all the information they needed and left... who knows.
  #17   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Turbomuscle

You really can rip stoves apart? man....
  #18   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2003, 06:13 AM

Question I dunno

Who knows, Iwas just saying that if you keep working-out, most anything is possible. Well, at least with a crow-bar...
  #19   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Turbomuscle

Well if I can rip an aol tv unit apart could a stove be far behind?
  #20   Add to flexedbicep63's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:44 PM

flexedbicep63
AOL TV's are not made of the same kind of metal that a stove is made out of....
  #21   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:12 AM

Wink

You think???

That was kind of the point, Turbomuscle can now (with effort) rip apart RCA engineering, in the future he may become a LOT stronger, and thus do something much better/ more amazing. I for one can't wait untill us members are able to rip stoves apart.

O.K. I'll retract my claws now! Hopefully you'll get there too.
By the way, how hard is it to rip a stove apart? I wonder if it's possible? I hope to find-out that an Evolution Archive member has done it soon! That would be HOT! But, fanasies are encouraged too!

I promis I'll try to be nice now, I have to: all my friends in the real (noncyber) world think I'm a bitch. I wonder how that could have happened??? Welecome flexedbicep63, I promiss to be nice, I'm just a little bitchy 'cause its late, and I can't sleep.
  #22   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:35 AM
Turbomuscle

Well if I can lift a refrigerator (albiet on one end only) and my entertainment center how long can it be before I rip a stove apart?

I once heard of them doing experiments back in the 60's with super human strength at Montauk.. perhaps I am a result of that....

Just kidding.

Who knows. My dad WAS in the military and we did travel around a lot.
  #23   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:41 AM

Smile

You go girl!
  #24   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:28 AM
Turbomuscle

Who you calling GIRL? Just kidding