The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2003, 07:53 PM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
past, present and future

Hey all,

I figured I might as well put up a post here: this section of the forum seems kinda sparse, considering that we're all here because we love growing muscle.

I've been training on and off for about 8+ years now, although I really only got serious about diet and training maybe 6 years ago. When I started lifting I was 185# at 6'3". I'm still 6'3", but currently 240#. And I will, in an ideal universe, eventually make it to 280-300#. We'll see how 260# feels first, of course, but wish me luck!

I'll post a progression pic here. It's labelled, but yes, the first one really is me in my long-haired days.

Good luck with all of your future growth.. and keep the faith!

-- J.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~massingUP
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to biguglymofo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 21st, 2003, 10:36 AM

biguglymofo
Great progress, man. I'm sure you'll look freaky at 260. Best of luck with it.
  #3   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:03 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
Guys -- check out MassingUP's BigMuscle.com Profile. The third pic above doesn't do him justice -- this guy is lookin HUGE!

Enjoy the growth buddy...

- flex
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:52 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I have to agree.

His arms, chest, back, and legs are all getting massive! When you think about all that spread over a 6'3" frame, well it's kind of scarey! In a good way. If I saw him in the gym, I think I'd almost be afraid to talk to him. I bet within a year this guy will be a F@cking monster!

The pics on this thread don't show him flexxing, like the ones on bigmuscle.com. That makes a huge diffrence.

Congrats to massingUP, your hard work definately shows. I hope mine will soon as well.

Last edited by brent; April 23rd, 2003 at 04:55 PM.
  #5   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:17 PM

Heh heh...

You guys are far too kind. Thanks for your encouragement, and I'll just keep on growin'.

(And just for the record, no one should ever be afraid to come up and talk to me -- that is unless you're between me and a meal shortly after my leg workout. <g>)

Have a great day, and keep pumping.

-- J.

#6   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 04:59 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Past, present and future

Wow! Massing Up is really making progress!

As a tall (6'3") guy myself, I can really identify with this. Also, I was about 180# in 1994, and I'm now 204# as of this morning, so I totally get where he's coming from! It's very inspiring to see someone your same height and bone structure making some serious progress! Way to go, MassingUp! Keep posting those pix!

It's not just the short stocky guys who can get some muscle! [And with full credit to Flexodus, who is looking awesome himself!]

Mdlftr
  #7   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 03:30 PM

Question Shouldn't bigger guys add weight faster?

I believe bigger / taller guys should add weight faster, it's just that it SHOWS much more quickly on short stocky guys. I'm sure that overall, it probably depends more on your body type (thin, average, stocky) than it does your height. Whatever the case, just keep going to the gym. Then you will gain muscle regaurdless. Mdlftr just keep going to the gym, and coming here for inspiration. It sounds like you are already making gains, so you had better get some before pics here soon! Good luck big guy!
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2003, 07:05 PM

Speed at which you add weight

Brent,
Tnanks for the good vibes, guy! You're right that I find this site very inspirational! It's great to find a group of guys that are into working out and getting big and muscular, without having to apologize or make excuses. You know, the usual.."oh, I'm just doing this to stay in shape." Or, "Oh, I don't want to get THAT big, I'm just trying to stay toned!" Yeah, right! I want to be big as a f---ing house! I want to make Ahnuld look small!

[BTW, Massing up--did you know that at his biggest, "Ahnuld" was only about 6'2" 230#? I mean, not bad, especially for 1975, but not worth 19th place at the "O" today! So when you modestly say that you're not "that big" it depends on what you mean. Say, "Dorian-big" versus "Ahnuld in 1975" You're doing alright!]

Brent,
I think you're right about the body type being more of an indicator than the height. Bone structures being equal, a taller guy has more potential to get bigger -more length of muscle and all that. I guess I'm more of a lighter bone structure, so I need to really work for it! That's why I'm using a personal trainer right now, and I'm trying to focus on getting enough sleep and enough to eat! Form and "time under tension" is going to put on the size, so I gotta focus!" Pardon me for going on, but I'm stoked!

Mdlftr
  #9   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 27th, 2003, 06:11 AM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if we came between you and a meal? Seriously though, your pics are great, especially your big muscle profile, you're doing really well, so I wish you luck with your goals. Seeing how great everyone looks on here is definitely going to tempt me into the gym before long!
  #10   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 27th, 2003, 06:29 AM

arnold and massingUP

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind words -- particularly from Mdlftr, although I think I'd take issue with the Arnold comparison.

Not that I hold Arnie up as some kinda God (I certainly don't agree with his politics), but there's really no comparison between his body and mine at this point. Even if he was only 230# at his biggest, his chest still measured 60" and his arms were in the 20" range, as I recall... And while I may weigh more than 230# at the moment, I'm still only at 48" on chest and a mere 17.5" on arms, and the quality and density of the muscle isn't there yet.

I don't say this to denigrate the work I've done -- I'm pleasd with the progress I've made and I'll make more. And more. But I just like to keep things in perspective... <G>

-- J.

#11   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 27th, 2003, 10:53 AM

Smile

Mdlftr, I think you'll do just fine, especially since you can afford a trainer! Just keep going to the gym, and keep inspired, and learn to be in touch with what your body want/ needs. Oh, O.K. in that way too, I guess.
Also was A-nuld 6'2? I thought he was shorter than me (5'11). Anyhow, it is really great to have a place where we can be honnest with each other, and get positive feedback. Life seems so short on the positives lately, at least we can come here and feel happy, accepted, and normal.
  #12   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2003, 04:23 PM

Re: Speed at which you add weight

Quote:
Originally posted by Mdlftr
You're right that I find this site very inspirational! It's great to find a group of guys that are into working out and getting big and muscular, without having to apologize or make excuses. You know, the usual.."oh, I'm just doing this to stay in shape." Or, "Oh, I don't want to get THAT big, I'm just trying to stay toned!" Yeah, right! I want to be big as a f---ing house! I want to make Ahnuld look small!

Mdlftr

I don't want to be bigger than a house, I think I'd just like to look like this for starters.

#13   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2003, 08:24 AM

Where Brent wants to start....

WHOA!

Pretty buff, dude! That's a heck of a start! I'd be happy with that....
  #14   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2003, 11:35 PM

Just hav'n fun.

I was just having fun, but that was a pretty yummy picture eh? One day I hope to look like that. I was just at a bar tonight with some friends (I rarely drink, but hey, you only live once) and there was a guy that was huge! It makes me remember why I keep going to the gym. Just stay motivated, and it will happen... I hope!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options