The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM

sl97aq
Andrew prequel chapter 9: The end of july workout and beach party

On Saturday, July 25th, 1998, Andrew and Chad were once again working out in the gym of Harrington?s Sports Suppliers. It was exactly 29 days since Andrew had taken his first steps on the road to becoming a jock. Chad had noticed a dramatic increase in Andrew?s height and weight: 5 foot 6 and 140 pounds, compared to 5 foot 4 and 120 pounds on Friday, June 26th.

?Good job Andrew!? Chad congratulated his son. ?The supplements, diet, working out and your own determination have made you really big and strong for an 10 year old! Did you know that most 13 year olds only weigh 90 pounds son??

?No I didn?t Dad,? Andrew replied, looking slightly scared for a minute. ?I must be close to Darrel?s size by now, and he?s the biggest kid in my class by far!?

?And we still have one month before the summer?s over,? Chad reminded Andrew. ?You haven?t seen anything yet!?

"But I think I do see my biceps completely filling the sleeves of my t-shirt," Andrew realized, flexing his biceps slowly in the mirror. "Measure them Dad; I want to see how big around they are now."

"I think you forgot the magic word son," Chad informed Andrew, smirking slightly.

"NOW!" Andrew roared, grinning at his dad.

"Not that one; the other one son," Chad said, not budging.

"Quickly!" Andrew shouted, trying to intimidate his dad.

"No, you still didn't use the word 'please' son," Chad told Andrew. "But if you think you can pick me up and carry me over there, then maybe you won't have to say please."

"I don't think I can lift you yet Dad," Andrew said sadly, his cocky grin fading away. "I may be able to bench 125 pounds for 10 reps, but I still would not be able to bench 225 pounds for one rep."

"Yeah, you should be able to do more like 167 for a one-rep maximum," Chad said.

"That's more than I weigh Dad!" Andrew shouted in astonishment.

"And so is the weight I'm benching now," Chad informed Andrew, benching 500 pounds effortlessly. "I'm very impressed with you son; I knew you had great strength inside you. My supplements just brought it out, that's all. You'll be up to my strength level in no time!"

"What is your strength level Dad?" Andrew asked Chad, watching in astonishment as Chad slammed the bar up for a tenth and final time. "What is your one-rep maximum if you can bench 500 pounds for 10 reps?"

"I think it would be around 667 pounds in I remember the calculation correctly," Chad replied. "But since those weights were too easy for me, I think my true one rep maximum is higher. How much higher; only time will tell. The Testosterone Boosters have obviously had a good effect on me as well!"

"Do you think you can bench that much today, so that I can see it?" Andrew asked him.

"First thing's first son," Chad said, getting up from the bench and motioning Andrew to lie down on it. "It's time to see if you can bench more than 125 pounds for ten reps. Lie down son and get ready!"

Andrew lay down on the bench, but not before saying, "It won't be long before you won't be able to tell me what to do anymore!"

"It will be a few years until that point son," Chad reminded him. "It took me until the end of my senior year in high school to reach my current size. Of course, I got bigger for college and then the NFL."

"I'll be bigger than you by the end of my freshman year in high school!" Andrew predicted.

"I'm sure you will Andrew," Chad agreed. "You've put on 20 pounds of muscle already and you've only been working out for one month! Of course, that could be the beginner's gain combined with your first puberty growth spurt, but it's still very impressive!"

"Yes it is Dad," Andrew agreed, sitting up and watching his father take some of the 45 pound plates over to the rack. "It's amazing that you can carry one big plate in each hand! One day, I'll be so strong that I'll be able to take all the plates over at once; with several in each hand!"

"Start out with one in both hands for now," Chad advised him, coming back to the weight bench for his second trip. "I could use some help son."

So Andrew stood up from the weight bench and helped his father return the plates to the rack. Once there was only one 45 pound plate on either end of the 45 pound bar, Andrew sat back down on the bench.

"Try benching that son," Chad said. "With the bar plus the two plates, there's 135 pounds for you to lift. I'll be right behind you if you slip, so don't worry about a thing."

"Do you really think that I can bench my own bodyweight already?" Andrew asked him incredulously.

"There's only one way to find out," Chad informed him. "So lie down on the bench and get busy mister!"

"Yes sir!" Andrew yelled in excitement.

He slowly lowered the loaded bar to his chest and then pushed it up again, grunting with the effort.

"Keep going son," Chad encouraged him. "I'm right here."

Andrew managed to get four more reps before his arms trembled and he couldn't push the weight up anymore.

"I'm stuck Dad; I can't do any more reps!" Andrew gasped.

"One more son!" Chad shouted. "Come on: push it! A baby could bench that weight!"

"Stop yelling!" Andrew shouted, trying to keep the bar from crushing his chest. "You're distracting me!"

"I'm sorry son; I'm trying to make you mad so that you'll have extra energy for a few more reps," Chad explained. Andrew used his anger to psuh the bar up again with a grunt. "Again!" his father shouted. "One more rep son! Give it everything you've got!"

Andrew yelled with the effort as he managed to get the bar up one last time. Chad then helped him replace the bar in the brackets.

Andrew sat up slowly, rubbing his aching chest: which was burning as if it was on fire, as Chad took the plates off the weight bar.

"My chest feels like it's burning up!" Andrew complained.

"That's the 'burn' of muscle fatigue son," Chad informed him. "The muscle fibers tear apart slightly when you work out, and then once you've rested, they grow back larger and stronger! But you have to feed them with protein to make them grow!"

"I understand Dad," Andrew said, still rubbing his chest as the ache slowly faded away. "It's your turn now I believe."

"Yes, it's time for me to try my one-rep maximum on the benchpress," Chad agreed. "But I usually do less than that, about 600 pounds or so. You rest here for a minute and I'll go get the weight plates I need."

Andrew stood up from the weight bench and looked down at the empty bar for a few seconds. Then he slowly started curling the empty bar. Chad looked over and grinned when he saw Andrew performing the next weight exercise, with perfect form!

"Good job son," Chad said, walking over to Andrew with a 45 pound weight plate in each hand. "I'll take the bar now." Andrew handed it to him with both hands after Chad set the plates down and then Chad twirled it around with one hand like a quarterstaff. "You have a ways to go before you can handle this bar as easily as I can," Chad gloated. "But I look forward to that day! We might as well try a strength test for you right now." He pointed to his six-pack abs and said, "See if you can hurt me with one punch Andrew."

"Are you sure about this Dad?" Andrew asked him uncertainly. He raised his fist and added, "Remember, I hurt myself trying this last time!"

"I'm fairly confident that you won't hurt yourself, or me this time," Chad assured him.

"Okay Dad, here it comes," Andrew said, punching Chad in the abs as hard as he could. "Your abs are as hard as rocks Dad!"

"Yes son, but you didn't hurt your hand this time, did you?" Chad asked him. Andrew shook his head and Chad grinned at him. "See son, I told you that noone would get hurt this time!" He turned towards the mirror and asked Andrew, "My abs aren't really as hard as rocks, are they?"

"Look in the mirror and see for yourself!" Andrew ordered him.

Chad looked in the mirror and grinned as he saw how muscular he was, even at 38 years of age.

"Over ten years since I played in the NFL and I still have all my muscles!" Chad marvelled. "I love it!" he yelled in excitement, flexing both biceps.

"Okay Dad, you can stop flexing now!" Andrew laughed at him. "We're here to train me, remember?"

"Oh yeah, that's right," Chad realized, lowering his arms from the double biceps pose. "Sorry about that son, but you will be able to do that one day!"

"I look forward to it!" Andrew declared, staring up nine inches into his father's eyes. "I'll have muscles bigger than yours one day!"

"Then take a shot at your future Little Man!" Chad goaded him, pointing at his abs. "Hit me again boy and see if you can make me feel it this time!" Andrew punched Chad's abs as hard as he could, but only heard and felt a loud smack. Chad's smug grin proved that he hadn't even felt Andrew's punch. "You'll have to do better than that son," Chad sneered. "Is that all you've got Little Man?" Andrew's face turned red and he hit Chad in the abs again, harder than before. Chad still didn't flinch, though he did rub his abs after Andrew's punch. "Still nothing, except for a slight tickle," Chad said. "It's a good thing that I'm so big and strong! You could really hurt a normal person with those muscles of yours Andrew!"

"Serves you right for getting me so mad!" Andrew snapped at him in fury.

"I think you'd better treat me with a little more respect Young Man," Chad informed him, folding his arms and staring down at Andrew. "I'm getting you mad to motivate you in your workouts, not so that you can disrespect other people! Use your anger to help you lift more, instead of yelling at people. Then you'll get so big and strong that you'll never get hurt, like I did about 13 years ago."

Andrew unclenched his fists and took a few deep breaths; trying to calm down onces he realized that his father's statements made sense.

"You're right Dad; I'm sorry that I yelled at you," Andrew apologized.

"And I'm sorry that I gloated about my superior size and strength," Chad apologized to his son. "It's better though that you let your anger out here, in the weight room, than at school or work! Just remember where you came from son! You may be bigger than me someday, but not today! Do we understand each other Andrew?"

"Yes sir!" Andrew shouted, saluting his father.

"Why are you saluting me son?" Chad asked him.

"You acted like a Drill Sergeant when you were goading me," Andrew informed him. "Next thing I know, you'll order me to 'drop and give you 20'!"

"Better make it 25 Andrew; then you'll have a good margin of error for the CF Express Test in about six years," Chad said seriously. When Andrew looked at him to see if he was joking, Chad yelled, "Well, what are you waiting for son? Give me 25 push-ups, right now!"

"Only if you do them with me Dad; like a good Drill Sergeant would!" Andrew goaded him.

"Okay Andrew, I'll see if I can keep up with you!" Chad teased him, getting down into the push-up position.

Andrew copied him and they both started counting together. Andrew only managed to perform 20 push-ups before he collapsed from exhaustion. He got up to his hands and knees and looked over at his father, who was still going with no sign of slowing down!

"You'll have to work pretty hard to beat me in push-ups son!" Chad gloated, as he passed 40 push-ups.

"I guess I will Dad," Andrew said, counting to 50 before his father stood up. "I can't believe that you just did 50 push-ups Dad!" he shouted in amazement, as Chad jumped up effortlessly.

"Thanks son," Chad said, smiling at his performance. "Working out in this gym has helped me stay in Army shape over the last several years."

"Even though you haven't been in the Army for almost 20 years?" Andrew asked him in astonishment.

"I wouldn't be a very good Fitness Manager if I didn't keep myself in peak physical condition, now would I?" Chad asked him.

"I guess not Dad," Andrew agreed. "What does 'peak physical condition' mean? Is that a corporate term for 'ripped'?"

"I never thought of it like that, but I think it is," Chad agreed. "I could have done another 50 push-ups, but I didn't want to show off too much. I hope I'm being a good role model for you Andrew."

"Yes you are Dad," Andrew assured him. "So, are we done working out for the day?"

"After you do one more thing for me Andrew," Chad replied, lifting Andrew effortlessly and carrying him over to the chin-up bar. "Do ten good chin-ups for me and then we're done for the day."

Andrew did ten chin-ups successfully before he lowered himself into Chad's waiting arms. Chad flung Andrew over his broad shoulder with one hand, picked up his water bottle and towel with the other, and then walked into the locker room. He set Andrew down carefully on one of the benches so that their eyes were level.

"I'm very proud of you son," Chad informed Andrew, squeezing his shoulders gently. "You'll become a muscle god in no time, thanks to your dedication to weight training! Time for more supplements and protein!" He opened his locker, took out his open gym bag, and reached inside for two protein cups and the jar of supplement powder. "Down the hatch son!"

"'Down the hatch', 'muscle god'; are you sure you weren't in the Navy Reserves and bodybuilding Dad?" Andrew asked him.

"I'm sure," Chad replied. "I was in the Army Reserves and then the NFL son, just as I hope you will be son. The motto of the Army today is 'strong, proud; today's Canadian Forces.' Well, the Army Reserves certainly made me strong, and also made me proud to serve my country! Have you ever thought of signing up son, once you turn 16?"

"Not exactly," Andrew realized. "I'm not sure how I can if Military School is no longer an option. I didn't know that only General's kids can go there."

"Neither did I son; I'm sorry about that mistake," Chad apologized. "I suppose you could do what I did; join the Reserves during high school and then fulfil the rest of your contract during your first two college summers."

"I'm just not sure if I want to join the Canadian Forces," Andrew said. "I'd rather focus on football for now."

"Very well son," Chad agreed. "But since you won't be playing high school football for about four years, how would you feel about trying out Cadets? You're under no obligation to enlist, but it would at least let you get your 'foot in the door' so to speak."

"Good idea Dad," Andrew agreed. "But just make sure that I'm on the path to the Reserves, not the Regular Force! I don't want anything to interfere with my NFL plans, but it's good to have the Canadian Forces as a back-up plan!"

"That is a good outlook son," Chad commended him. "And that's pretty mature thinking: making sure that you have a back-up plan in case the NFL doesn't work out. But I guess after all I told you about my car accident 13 years ago, having a back-up plan is implated in your brain now!"

"Yes it is Dad," Andrew agreed, as they finished their protein shakes. "Can we have our showers now?"

"Yes we can Andrew, and then I have something else planned for us today," Chad informed him. "Carrie and her family are here in Barrie at the waterfront. They asked me if we could meet them at the beach after our workout for lunch and some swimming. How does that sound son?"

"It sounds great Dad!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "Steve and I can throw my Miami Hurricanes football around and I can tell Carrie that I can bench 135 pounds for seven reps!"

"Maybe you could actually 'carry' Carrie into the bay when you go swimming," Chad suggested with a straight face.

"Ha ha ha!" Andrew laughed. "That was a very funny joke Dad! Will you teach me how to tell good jokes like that?"

"Yes, I will teach you how to be 'punny' son," Chad replied, grinning at Andrew.

"Aww Dad, that was a bad joke!" Andrew yelled, shaking his head.

"Hey, you'd better laugh at all my jokes Little Man, even the bad ones!" Chad growled with a grin as he stepped forward. He picked Andrew up effortlessly and lifted him above his head with ease. He then set Andrew on top of the lockers and stepped back with crossed arms. "What are you going to do now son?"

"Get used to looking down at you Dad,!" Andrew sneered at him.

"You think you will get taller than me Little Man?" Chad scoffed in amazement. Then he thought for a minute and realized something important. "You know, if you've put on 20 pounds and grown one inch in one month, I think you will be taller than me soon after you enter high school! You may find that your size will taper off after this summer though; you're just experiencing the Beginner's Gain right now."

"I understand Dad," Andrew said. "Are you going to help me down off these lockers now?"

"No, I think I'll leave you up there indefinitely," Chad teased him with a cocky smirk, uncrossing his arms.

"What does 'indefinitely' mean Dad?" Andrew asked him, looking confused.

"It means forever," Chad replied. "You can jump down now Andrew; I'll catch you."

"Thanks Dad," Andrew said, jumping down into his Dad's waiting arms. "Do I feel any heavier?"

"Yes you do Andrew," Chad replied, setting Andrew down on the bench. "And you feel more muscular as well! I can't feel your ribs anymore! How about you take off your shirt, since we have to take our showers anyway."

"Okay Dad, but I'm not sure I have any muscles yet," Andrew said, slowly taking off his t-shirt.

"See for yourself; they're right there!" Chad contradicted him, pointing to Andrew's reflection in the mirror.

Andrew looked at his reflection and realized that his dad was right.

"Hey Dad, I think I have muscles!" he shouted in excitment. "This is great!"

"Yes it is son," Chad agreed. He pointed to Andrew's right chest, where there were no bones showing, but a slight contour instead. "Can you tell me the name of that muscle son?"

"That's the right pec, isn't it Dad?" Andrew asked him.

"Yes it is son," Chad said. "And you have two of them, so together, your chest muscles are called your pecs. And you have more muscles as well. Can you name those muscles for me?" he asked Andrew, pointing to the faint contours below Andrew's pecs.

"I have no idea," Andrew replied. "But I feel I should know their names."

"Those are abs son," Chad said. "You have two of them; kind of faint and lopsided, but there none-the-less. By working out over several months, you'll be able to turn them into a six-pack: that's six distinct sections. Now, what would you call those muscles covering your ribs on either side of your abs Andrew?"

"I don't even have a guess; I'm sorry dad," Andrew replied, shaking his head in confusion.

"Don't feel bad son; they're not an easy muscle to remember," Chad assured him. "Those muscles that cover your ribs are called obliques Andrew. It won't be long before you know all the muscles by name, because you'll be able to see each of them distinctly on your own body!"

"I look forward to it Dad!" Andrew shouted in excitement, flexing his biceps and crunching his faint abs. "I can't wait until I look just like you!"

"A little hard to do that Andrew; we'll never be twins because I have brown hair, not red like yours!" Chad reminded him with a chuckle.

"You're right about that Dad," Andrew agreed, slapping Chad's shoulder.

Andrew was surprised that he didn't hurt his hand.

"Getting stronger already son," Chad said. "That's good Andrew; you'll be as strong as me soon enough!"

"Can we go have our showers now, so then we can go to the beach and show Carrie my new muscles?" Andrew asked him impatiently.

"Good idea son," Chad agreed, pulling out his towel, soap and shampoo. "I guess you don't find my fitness speeches as interesting as my colleagues at work do."

"Speaking of them, have they ever seen you at the beach when you're shirtless?" Andrew asked him, gathering his own shower kit and following Chad into the shower room.

"No they haven't Andrew, or if they have, they've kept quiet about it," Chad replied, as he turned the water on.

"Why would they do that; are they scared of you Dad?" Andrew asked him, as Chad warmed up the water by turning the knob to the midpoint of the dial.

"No they're not Andrew, in fact, some of the security guards are almost as big as Private Stevenson!" Chad realized.

"I really loved visiting the military base one week ago and meeting him," Andrew said. "Matt was really nice to me, even though he could have broken me in half without trying!"

"One day, you'll be as big as he is, if the Enhancement Project works out the way I hope it will," Chad informed him. "I want you to promise me that you'll be just as kind and gentle with others as Matt was with you when that day comes."

"I promise Dad," Andrew assured him, as they began taking their showers. "I'll try not to show off or hurt anyone with my new muscles!"

"This is just the beginning son!" Chad promised him. "You haven't seen anything yet!"

Once Andrew and Chad were done their showers, they got changed, packed their gym bags and headed to the car.

"I wonder if my new muscles are up to the challenge of paying Darrel back for bullying me Dad," Andrew wondered as they got into the car.

"Save it for the first day of school Andrew," Chad advised him. "If he sees you on the beach today, the fear of how much bigger you'll be in September will consume him over the next month. Then when you finally face him, the fear he has of you will cause him to make mistakes and you'll be able to take care of him more easily!"

"That's a very good idea Dad; I guess you're still the smart one in the family!" Andrew realized, as they headed to the beach.

"Not for long Andrew; I'm sure that you'll be a lot smarter than me soon enough!" Chad assured him. "But the real test of how smart you are is when we get to the beach. If you can restrain yourself when you see Darrel, then you'll be proving that you're a smart guy."

When Andrew and his father got to the beach, Chad parked the car while Andrew got out and looked for Carrie and Steve.

"I see Carrie and Steve Dad!" Andrew shouted in excitement, taking off his t-shirt.

"Go tell them I'll be right there and then wait with them for me," Chad told him.

"Sure thing Dad; see you in a minute!" Andrew shouted in excitement. He ran across the grass, dodging the people who stood between him and his friends. "Hey Steve, how are you doing today?" Andrew asked him, once he had stopped in front of his friend.

"I'm doing fine Andrew; it looks like you've grown a lot more muscular over the summer," Steve said.

"It looks like you have too," Andrew informed him.

"Yeah, I've put on 10 pounds and grown one inch, so I weigh 140 pounds and stand 5 foot 6 inches now," Steve said.

"That's amazing Steve; those are the exact same stats I have!" Andrew shouted in excitement.

"I'm glad you've caught up to me Andrew; but what are stats?" Steve asked him, looking confused.

"Stats are the short word for statistics, which are numbers that describe the size of things or people," Andrew replied.

"Thanks for the explanation Andrew; I see you're still showing off that brain of yours," Steve realized.

"That's nothing Steve: check out these pipes!" Andrew shouted in excitement, flexing his 14 inch biceps.

"Wow Andrew; those are really impressive biceps!" Steve congratulated him. "Your arms are just as big as mine!"

"Should we find out if they are just as strong as yours are?" Andrew asked him with a smug grin. "There's a picnic table over by the jungle gym where we can have an arm-wrestling contest."

"Good idea Andrew, and since your father is approaching, he can officiate the match," Steve realized. "Go ahead and ask him."

"Hey Dad, do you think you can supervise the arm-wrestling match I'm going to have with Steve right now?" Andrew asked Chad.

"Yes I can Andrew," Chad replied, setting down the picnic basket and gym bag. "Go sit opposite each other at the picnic table and I'll be right there."

"Thanks Dad!" Andrew shouted, racing Steve over to the picnic table. "I beat you Steve!" he shouted in excitement. "I guess my extra muscle hasn't kept me from getting faster!"

"We're sitting at this table to see if you're stronger, not faster," Steve reminded him with a frown. "But congratulations on beating me in a race for the first time Andrew."

"Thanks Steve, and get ready to be beaten again: this time in an arm wrestling contest!" Andrew informed him.

"Time to find out," Chad said. "Get ready boys." Andrew and Steve linked their hands together and waited for Chad's signal. "Go!" Chad shouted.

Andrew and Steve began straining, each boy trying to force the other boy's arm down. But neither Andrew nor Steve could make their opponent's arm budge one inch. After one minute with no movement from either boy's left arm, both boys unlinked their hands.

"I guess we are exactly matched in strength after all Andrew," Steve informed him with a smug smirk. "Too bad Andrew: you're not stronger than me today, just faster!"

"Just a minute Steve; you haven't forgotten about our right arms, have you?" Andrew asked him with a grin.

"Okay Andrew, we'll try wrestling with the other arms, but don't expect a different result than last time," Steve warned him.

"I'm ready to find out if you are Steve," Andrew said.

"I'm ready Andrew; let's go," Steve said, linking his right hand with Andrew's.

Andrew and Steve waited for Chad to say 'go' and then they each began trying to force the other boy's arm down. But their efforts had no more effect than before, and the match ended in a stalemate once again. But Andrew noticed Darrel and Phil Parker watching their match from across the parking lot and he grinned with satisfaction, realizing that Darrel had never bullied Steve and now Andrew was just as strong as he was!

"Thanks for the match Steve; I guess we'll have to settle for two stalemates in a row,"Andrew realized, shaking Steve's hand.

"I guess you're right Andrew," Steve said, patting him on the back. "But I bet I can still wrestle you to the ground!"

He suddenly leaped at Andrew, who dodged his attack and threw Steve onto his back with a laugh. Then Andrew jumped on Steve while he was still on the ground, pinning Steve to the grass.

"Who's the stronger guy now Steve?" Andrew asked his friend, laughing at Steve's futile struggles to get up as Andrew sat on his chest.

"Okay Andrew; I guess you're the stronger body wrestler," Steve conceded, gasping for breath. "Can I get up now?"

"Not yet Steve; you didn't say the magic word!" Andrew teased him, fully aware that Darrel and Phil could still see him from the parking lot.

"Please Andrew?" Steve begged him, beginning to cough. "I can't breathe man!"

"Oops, sorry Steve!" Andrew apologized, jumping up off his friend. He reached down and hauled Steve back to his feet with one arm. "Feel better now Steve?"

"Yes I do Andrew; thanks for helping me up, with only one arm no less!" Steve thanked him. "You're pretty strong dude!"

"Thanks man!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "I love being just as strong as you!"

"I'm glad you do Andrew; I know how hard it was for me to always be ahead of you," Steve said.

"Let's see if you're faster than me in the water Steve!" Andrew shouted, running towards the water. "Race you to the first buoy Steve!"

"Hey no fair Andrew; you gave yourself a head start when I wasn't looking!" Steve shouted, running after Andrew.

"Life's not fair Steve, and neither am I!" Andrew laughed.

"It seems like Andrew completely ignored you Carrie," Chad said, walking up beside her. "That wasn't very nice of him."

"It's okay Mr. Pearson; Andrew and I will have some time alone once he's finished showing off with Steve," Carrie realized.

"You don't have to call me Mr. Pearson Carrie," Chad informed her. "Please call me Chad."

"Okay Chad," Carrie said hesitantly. "Thank you."

"You're welcome Carrie," Chad said, as Phil and Darrel walked up beside him.

"Andrew looks like he's gotten bigger since June," Darrel said, looking surprised.

"Yes he has Darrel; he's just as strong as Steve now," Chad agreed, looking down at him. "Since no one bullied Steve last year, I think anyone who tries to bully Andrew this year will be in a for a nasty surprise!" He grinned inwardly at Darrel's look of shock and stepped past him to shake Phil's hand. "How are you enjoying your summer Phil?"

"Just fine Mr. Pearson," Phil replied, pleased that Chad had put Darrel in his place so well. "How about you?"

"I am finding it very gratifying teaching Andrew how to get big and strong so that he can defend himself," Chad replied. "Andrew told me all about how some coward had tried to pass himself off as one of Andrew's friends last year so that he could catch Andrew off guard and bully him. I can promise that person that Andrew will be even bigger and stronger in September than he is now, and that he'll take care of that bully once and for all!"

Phil noticed Chad glaring at Darrel the whole time he was talking as he was glad that Chad wasn't mad at him!

"If you'll excuse me Mr. Pearson; I'm just going to go find my father," Darrel stammered.

"Good idea, and it would be an even better idea if you worked out this summer like Andrew has," Chad advised him. "I get the feeling you're going to need some extra size and muscle when school starts again!"

Darrel swallowed quickly and practically ran across the grass looking for his father.

"I see that Andrew told you everything Mr. Pearson," Phil said uneasily.

"Yes he did Phil and I can't wait to see what Andrew does to that bully, who shall remain nameless," Chad said through clenched teeth. He laid a massive hand on Phil's shoulder and squeezed gently. "I hope you're not stupid enough to bully Andrew Phil, or I'd have to tell your father about it. He and I are old friends you see, from Basic Reserves Training during high school."

"Wow Mr. Pearson, you seems to know everyone in this town!" Phil marvelled.

"Well I should hope so!" Chad shouted. "I spent 19 years growing up here, and then the past 13 years forming business connections throughout this region!"

"I guess you're right Mr. Pearson," Phil said uneasily. "Don't worry, I won't bully Andrew, and if I could have, I would have stopped that nameless bully who was targetting Andrew last year!"

"It couldn't have been easy when you were never around during the bullying incidents," Chad realized. He looked out at the lake and pointed to Andrew, who was holding Steve's head underwater effortlessly. "But considering how big and strong Andrew is getting, I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone bullying him anymore!"

"I agree Mr. Pearson," Phil said, watching Andrew help Steve out of the water effortlessly. "I'd better go help my brother find our Dad now."

"Don't go anywhere Phil," Chad ordered him, as Andrew and Steve approached him. "I'm sure that you'd like to congratulate Andrew on his amazing transformation this summer."

"Good idea Mr. Pearson," Phil said, realizing that Chad still had a grip on his shoulder and that he wouldn't be going anywhere as a result. "I'd be glad to catch up with Andrew and hear all about his workout sessions at the gym."

Once Andrew and Steve reached them, Chad left the four boys alone to catch up with each other, while he went to find Steve's dad and Phil's dad. Soon, the three parents and the four kids were hanging out at the picnic table having lunch, allowing Andrew and Carrie to sit beside each other and talk. Chad chatted with Phil's dad, enjoying how uncomfortable Darrel looked throughout the entire meal.

Serves him right for bullying my son! Chad thought to himself. I can't wait to hear about how Andrew cleans his clock in the fall!

After lunch, Andrew and Steve showed Phil Andrew's Miami Hurricanes football, while Carrie sat beside Darrel, having no idea that he was the one who had bullied Andrew. Carrie was very pleased with Andrew's football skills and tackling ability, while Darrel was silently infuriated and nervous. He realized that Andrew would have no problem taking him on in September, but he realized that he had to confront Andrew anyway, to preserve his reputation as the Big Man at School.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options