The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to 71ent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2003, 09:07 PM

71ent
advice

hey guys. i'm 30 years old, 5'8", in good shape, work out 4-5 times a week, but i've got a high metabolism and i've plateaued at 145 lbs. i'd love to gain 10-15 lbs. of muscle. any training and diet advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to biguglymofo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:50 PM

biguglymofo
What's your diet look like?

simple answer: EAT MORE

try to keep it clean though...you know, complex low glycemic index carbs, high protein, omega 3 fatty acids, etc.

again, it's really hard to help without more info on how much you're eating, if you're spacing out your meals, etc. Post the info and I'm sure you'll get some good feedback.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 09:56 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Question How should thin guys train/ eat?

I have a really good friend that is super skinny, and gets frustrated at not getting results. I am trying to get him to join the gym again, but I think he is a little resentful that I can gain muscle pretty quickly, and he can't. He doesn't eat much, or regularly either, and it sounds like this may be a key problem. When he does go to the gym, and make gains you can totally tell, being thin any gains totally show!

Thankfully, here in Oregon we have many more months before our, "Summer" starts. So there is time, I just need some advice for his body-type, because mine is very diffrent from his.

Thanx.
  #4   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 10:57 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Yup

Regretfully, buddy, as it was so eloquently put below, it may be a matter of eating more and eating better!

In the meantime, don't forget that symmetry and proportionality can give the illusion of more size!
  #5   Add to biguglymofo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2003, 11:12 PM

biguglymofo
Re: How should thin guys train/ eat?

Quote:
Originally posted by brent
I just need some advice for his body-type, because mine is very diffrent from his.

Thanx.
Well, again, it narrows down to how much he's eating now...how much he's doing, and where he'd like to go. I'd say for folks who start off from the skinny camp It's a matter of eating...eating a lot, eating clean, and training your ass off. If the scale's not moving up, then eat more. Tell your friend to eat every 2-2.5 hours, to get in about 1 gram of protein per pound of weight he's at, and to eat foods like brown rice, yams, whole wheat bread, green veggies. Post workout neutrition is also important...a High GI carb source and a whey shake after you workout are good. Addition of antioxidants (in the form of vitamins) also help minimize any catabolic affect of exercise and speed recovery. I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable people on this site could probably provide better advice. I think Bull's a trainer. Oh yeah...give yourself a cheat day too. Consider it a carb upto fuel your exercise for the week.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options