The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2005, 06:17 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Uh, let me get this straight...

6'4" tall
270 lbs.
8.9% bf

19 YEARS OLD!!

Oy.

There Ain't No Justice!

:-)

xoxo

Richard

who looks forward to seeing Roiboy's progress over the next 20 years!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:29 AM

traveller
As a follow-up on the hgh prices, my sports doctor (not my primary care physician) prescribed a 3-month regimen of hgh where I take 3 iu's per day for 6 days on and 1 day off. He quoted me $685 per month for hgh which roughly amounts to 3 iu's x 6 days/week x 4 weeks =~ 72 iu's. I rationalized this additional expense by swearing not to buy new gadgets for a while.

I'm looking forward to adding it to my cycle for lowering body fat and increasing lean mass. But, hgh in some literature I found supposedly helps keep your cholesterol at desired levels. I'll see how it affects me.

Traveller
  #43   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:50 AM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
traveller> You mean U.S. docs actually prescribe HGH for people into bodybuilding or was there another reason he did so? I think this is the first time I've heard of that... granted I am out of the whole HGH/gear/insulin loop. I don't think he's prescribing because you're underweight, because from your stats you don't appear that way. Interesting factoid, learn something new each day.

Scott
  #44   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2005, 10:14 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
trav has a "special" doctor...... but man...

I love muscle, but if I wasn't sure before... now I'm completely concrete... it isn't worth that much $ to me.

Thanks!
  #45   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:22 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
I guess it really is to each their own. It wouldn't stop me.
  #46   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 14th, 2005, 02:57 AM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
traveller> You mean U.S. docs actually prescribe HGH for people into bodybuilding or was there another reason he did so? I think this is the first time I've heard of that... granted I am out of the whole HGH/gear/insulin loop. I don't think he's prescribing because you're underweight, because from your stats you don't appear that way. Interesting factoid, learn something new each day.
My sports doc handles my hormone replacement therapy, which my own fairly conservative primary care physician determined I needed based upon my blood tests. I'm in my forties, so declining testosterone and hgh levels are evident at my age. When my sports doc saw my most recent blood test he wanted to tweak certain things that several months of taking fish oils, policosonal, cQ10 and a few other over-the-counter supplements (names of which I cannot recall right now) didn't improve. HGH in some references claim to improve that.

I don't take insulin, and I don't think I ever will as part of a cycle. Taking insulin for bodybuilding requires a better understanding of my body than I currently have. For me it's not worth the effort or the danger.

As a side note, I'm definitely not underweight. In fact, if in a swimming pool I fill my lungs with as much air as possible, I will sink to the bottom and stay there. It's a bit disquieting to know that I can barely tread water at great effort for less than a minute before I'm exhausted.

Traveller
  #47   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM

traveller
thoughts so far on HGH

I got my package yesterday. An 18 iu box of HGH contains 1 bottle of sterile water and 1 bottle of HGH. You put 1.8 cc's of water into the HGH bottle that contains enough HGH for 18 iu's. That works out to 10 iu's per cc. My doctor told me to take 3 iu's daily, 2 iu's in the morning and 1 iu in the afternoon for 6 days on and 1 day off. The first shot of 2 iu's left a bruise mark on my belly. The second and third shots didn't leave any noticeable marks. I think the way I pinched the skin on my belly had caused the bruising the first time. In this part of my cycle I also am taking 75 mg/1 cc of trenbolone acetate daily, and 300 mg/1.5 cc with 100 mg/0.5 cc nandrolone deca every four days. My afternoon shot is easy to administer at work since I use an insulin syringe which has a tiny needle.

The only other thing I noticed is that I'm slightly warmer taking the tren. I normally like cool temperatures, so when on a cycle I enjoy 60 degree temperatures while wearing shorts. My work doesn't care what I wear--for that I'm thankful when I wear light t-shirts and shorts.

Traveller
  #48   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
In this part of my cycle I also am taking 75 mg/1 cc of trenbolone acetate daily, and 300 mg/1.5 cc with 100 mg/0.5 cc nandrolone deca every four days.
Is that 300mg/1.5cc test? Nice cycle, you should do well with that and the hgh. Has he also prescribed some anti-e's to go along with that?
  #49   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2005, 12:03 AM

traveller
Oops! Yes, I meant testosterone cypionate. Sorry about that omission. I take Arimidex for my anti-estrogen.

Traveller

Last edited by traveller; June 18th, 2005 at 12:07 AM.
  #50   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2005, 01:53 AM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
HGH reality check time. I am rather liberal about off label use of medications but please make sure you are fully informed of the risk and benefit ratio before diving in.

HGH can be effective in terms of muscle growth, but despite popular belief, it is not that powerful as a muscle building agent. It needs to be stacked with an anabolic steroid to get good anabolic results or you must inject with insulin to drive ILGF mediated synthesis.

It does tend to lean out body fat, but it does not destroy or eliminate fat cells. The effects on fatty tissue are not permanent and rebound fat gain with disuse is inevitable.

The weight gain from HGH is not all due to increased muscle mass and water retention--alot comes from enlargement of organs (even if subclinical) and underlying connective soft tissue which is undesirable because it permanently predisposes you to high blood pressure and nerve entrapment syndromes such as carpal tunnel.

Forget about gaining height with HGH after age 20--the only major enlargement will be swelling in distal extremities such as hands and feet. In higher doses, you get a GH-gut due to the organmegaly from the liver which is especially sensitive to the effects of this hormone.

And finally, HGH use (even low dose for "anti-aging") has been shown to increase the risk of developing various forms of cancers especially lymphoma. This was demonstrated by following children treated with HGH because of short stature over time and they have much higher rates of cancer compared to normal control populations. Most docs today are now much more cautious about using HGH because of this epidemiologic study.

Bottomline, if you need help gaining muscle or losing fat, there are many safer, cheaper, and more effective options that pose significantly less long term health risks.
  #51   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:12 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
What he said.

The stuff just scares me.
  #52   Add to RoidBoy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2005, 05:39 AM

RoidBoy is on a distinguished road
Don't get scared

No Panic on gh, it depends how people use the stuff. And yes like buffdoc says, there are many other ways, like no steroid use. It is not a magical drink and you gain just some muscles (but I would do anything for it, if it would be like that ).

Just talk with your doc, your expirience with other medicaments and at your genetics. I played hockey for many years, and was not the biggest all the time, but often most muscular build, so some have more luck than others. But there is just one most important thing: Right Diet.

Good luck to you all in building, hit the iron hard. Just note: I am on my next cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
The stuff just scares me.
  #53   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:56 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Hi roidboy, looks like you got my username, but the correct way round

I notice Ive joined this thread very late, but what is GH-PL from Novartis? Where I am, Novartis does not produce any GH brands. In fact novartis is battling to try and get permission just to produce a generic HGH, but I notice you are in Switzerland (where novartis comes from) so maybe its something you get that we dont?? A GH-prolactin??

One thought on your cycle in february is what was your dosing schedule? 5 on 2 off etc?

And what was the logic behind pyramiding anadrol weeks 1-6? You find this more effective than say a straight 100mg 1-6?

Overall, how did you rate using GH as you did in your bulking cycle to keep bf% low? Better than, for instance, just using some additional T3?

Si.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options