The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM

sl97aq
Andrew chapter 40

It was two days after Christmas Day 2005 and all those who were going down to Miami for New Years were at the Pearson house preparing for departure. Chad discovered that the organizational skills that had served him well as CEO for the past month proved useful in organizing the trip.

"So you're going down on your motorbike while Carrie follows you in your car with Ralph, Connor and Mike?" Chad confirmed with Andrew. Andrew nodded and Chad decided, "Then I will split up the remaining passengers between my car and Martin's car. As Andrew's passengers put their bags in the trunk of his car, Chad hugged his son and added, "Safe journey son and I'll see you at Anthony's house in three days."

"See you then Dad," Andrew said, releasing Chad and stepping back. He got on his bike as his four friends got into his car and asked them, "So everyone, are you ready to go?"

"Yes Andrew and I have the map book and the online map of the cities we'll be stopping in," Carrie replied. "We'll be spending tonight in Beckley, West Virginia and it should take us about 12 hours including rest stops. I've already booked our hotel so everything's set for tonight."

"Thanks Carrie," Andrew said, revving his bike engine. "Follow me everyone, if you can keep up that is!"

Andrew peeled out of the driveway with a squeal of tires and raced down the street. Carrie turned out of the driveway and followed him. The route the teens had chosen took them down Highway 400 to Toronto and then along the QEW to Niagara Falls, Ontario. There, they crossed into the United States and then took Interstates 190 and 290 to Interstate 90. At Exit 53, they turned off onto Walden Avenue and pulled into the Walden Galleria to have lunch.

"How are we doing Carrie?" Andrew asked her, checking the maps she had printed out.

"So far so good Andrew: we're on schedule, having reached Buffalo in about four hours with rest stops," Carrie replied. "If we finish lunch and are gassed up and on the road by 1 pm, I see no reason why we can't reach Beckley, West Virginia by 8 or 9 pm."

"That's good Carrie, and then we can get a good night's sleep before we go to Clemson, South Carolina tomorrow," Andrew realized. "Any idea how long it will take us to get there?"

"About six hours Andrew, but since our hosts aren't expecting us until 4 pm, we should be early Andrew," Carrie replied. "We'll take Interstate 77 south from Beckely until we reach Charlotte, North Carolina. Then we turn west for Clemson."

"Sounds good Carrie; I'm looking forward to it," Phil said.

Everyone chatted for a while as they ate lunch, and then they left the mall and headed to the nearest gas station. After filling up their vehicles, they continued on their journey. Their route took them south-west along Interstate 90 until they got to Erie, Pennsylvania. Then they turned onto Interstate 77 and headed south through Pennsylvania until they got to West Virginia. After a short stop at the Welcome Center to take pictures, use the washroom and pick up postcards, they continued on their journey south to Beckley.

They reached Beckley around 8:30 pm and checked into their hotel. Then they all met in the dining room for a late dinner and talked some more about their future.

"You know Carrie, when we get to Miami , we should ask Mr. Anderson if we can use his jet to fly down there for March Break," Andrew said. "The lines at Pearson will be really hectic with all the high school kids going down south!"

"That's a good idea Andrew," Carrie agreed, looking out the window at the city lights sparkling between the West Virginia mountains. "But I don't think you realize how crazy the crowds will be at South Beach during March Break! I've seen some of the videos on that new YouTube site and the teens there get out of control on Spring Break!"

"Fortunately our good friend Anthony will be there to guide us to all the age-appropriate party spots in South Beach," Andrew reminded her. I'll also be able to teach you how to surf Mike, just like I taught your big brother Mark!"

"It's older brother Mark now Andrew, because I'm just as big as he is, if not bigger!" Mike reminded him with a smirk.

Andrew grinned back at him, but his grin faded as Connor said, "Anthony might object to you teaching Mike how to surf Andrew, since South Beach is his town."

"Not once I get there next fall!" Andrew shouted in excitement, flexing his biceps. "Anthony better watch out, because Andrew the Champ is coming to town!"

"You should try to be more humble about being a Provincial Champion Andrew, especially since you're not the only member of that winning team sitting at this table," Mike advised him.

Andrew looked over at him in surprise and then nodded in agreement with a sheepish grin.

"Yeah you're right man," Andrew agreed, laying a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I guess I still slip up sometimes and act like a cocky jock, don't I Mike?" Mike nodded and Andrew added, "Sorry about that Big Guy. Hey, speaking of that, how big are you now?"

"Six feet and 205 pounds Andrew," Mike said proudly. "I've put on 20 pounds and grown two inches in the past ten days. I think I'm finally experiencing my Puberty Growth Spurt!"

"It sure took you long enough Mike, but as I told you before, I see no reason why you won't be close to Matt's size by next fall," Andrew said with a big grin. "You already outweigh Mark by five pounds, so I think you have officially become his big brother!"

"He also outweighs me by five pounds Andrew, since I stand at 6 feet and weigh 200 pounds exactly," Ralph said, grinning at Mike. "Congratulations Big Guy: you're officially one of us!"

"Yeah man, and I'll probably be Connor's size when school starts again," Mike predicted with a cocky smirk.

"Flex those biceps man and let's see how big they are," Andrew urged him.

"Sure thing Andrew," Mike said with a big grin. He flexed his bicep and asked Andrew, "How big do you think it is man?"

"It looks close to 18 inches Mike and it feels as hard as a rock," Andrew replied, squeezing it gently. "Pretty good guns man; you're definitely bigger and stronger than Mark now!"

Mike grinned at him as they continued eating, and Ralph and Connor smiled, pleased that Mike was doing so well under Andrew's guidance.

Once everyone was done their supper, they went back up to their rooms and did some research on Clemson University in general and the Clemson Tigers football team in particular. But as Andrew and his friends would find out the next afternoon, they hed no idea how intensely and desperately the Clemson Tigers Head Coach would try to recruit them.

On December 28th, Andrew and his friends woke up, got washed and dressed and had breakfast in the hotel dining room. Then they checked out by 9 am, packed up the car, and Andrew led the way out of town on his motorbike. They got back onto Interstate 77 and headed south for Charlotte, North Carolina: which was the home of the Charlotte Motor Speedway. That racing track was one of the stops on the Nextel (formerly Winston) Cup Nascar Series. Of course, since Nextel had merged with Sprint three months before, that Nascar Series would soon be known as the Sprint Cup Series.

Andrew and his friends reached Charlotte around 1 pm and stopped for lunch at the Bob Evans Restaurant on Statesville Road.

"Change into your spring clothes in the washrooms everyone; we've finally left the snow behind!" Andrew shouted with excitement.

Everyone followed his orders and then they all walked into the restaurant to have lunch.

"Hello everyone; what'll yo'all start with?" the waitress asked them in her Southern Accent.

"Just some coffee," everyone said in unison.

"Sure thing dears," the waitress said, stepping away from their table.

"I see Southern Hospitality isn't a myth Andrew," Mike said.

"You're right Mike, but at least the Southern Accent is easy to understand," Andrew replied. "We'll see what happens when we enter the Deep South, of which Georgia is the easternmost state."

"I've been reading up on Southen Us college football Andrew and I've come across something disturbing," Carrie said suddenly.

"What's that Carrie?" Andrew asked her.

"The Southern US is fanatical about college football, to the point of being obsessed," Carrie informed him. "Especially in the Deep South States like Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi."

"Yeah I noticed that when the scouts from those state schools came to visit me," Andrew agreed. "But unless you guys are really impressed by what they offer us, I think Ohio State and Miami are our top two choices."

Everyone nodded in agreement as the waitress came back with their coffee. Then they ordered lunch and looked at the Clemson mobile website on Carrie's Blackberry.

After lunch, they continued on their journey to Clemson, South Carolina, turning west on I-85. They entered South Carolina within half an hour and Andrew pulled into the State Welcome Center so everyone could use the washroom and pick up postcards. Then they continued the rest of the way to Clemson University, getting there around 5 pm.

Once they got to the school, they found the entire coaching staff waiting for them, just as the Head Coach had told Carrie they would be when she had called them an hour before.

"I can see that you weren't exaggerating when you warned me about the enthusiastic attitude that Southern US schools would have towards us Carrie," Andrew said as he got off his bike.

"I didn't say that exactly, but good job reading between the lines Andrew," Carrie commended him.

Everyone else got out of the car and then they walked up to the five Coaches and introduced themselves. The Coaches gave them a tour of the campus, as well as taking them out to supper and showing them all the hot spots in Clemson. The Clemson Coaches eagerly informed their recruits about all the benefits about being a Clemson Fighting Tiger and the five friends were overwhelmed with all the Tigers merchandise, DVDs, and propaganda that they had thrown at them that evening.

When they finally got to go to bed in the Athlete's Dorm at midnight, their minds were spinning with Fighting Tigers information and it took them a long time to get to sleep.

Andrew and his friends woke up the next day, December 29th, to country music blaring on their alarm clocks, and they knew then that they were truly in the Deep South. Andrew checked his cell phone, found a voicemail message from the Head Coach, and played it on speakerphone so that everyone could hear.

"So it looks like we're invited to breakfast at the Head Coach's house," Andrew said, once they had listened to the message. "He'll probably show us some game footage from this season.:

"We'd better wear our Fighting Tigers Merchandise then," Mike realized.

Everyone went into the bathrooms of their respective rooms and got washed and changed. Then they came back into their rooms, packed their bags, and met out in the hall.

"What should we do with this merchandise once we sign with Miami?" Carrie asked Andrew as they took their bags downstairs.

"We could donate it to my dad's store so that he can sell it, once we've washed it all of course," Andrew replied, as they stepped outside.

They packed their bags, and then everyone but Andrew got into his car. Andrew followed the car on his bike as Carrie led the way to the Head Coach's house.

Once they got there, they found that the Head Coach and his wife had prepared a traditional Southern Breakfast for them. During breakfast, the Head Coach regaled the six teens with tales of his school and all the awards, trophies and championships his football team had won over the years. He identified the positions on a chart that he wanted the five guys to fill and he also picked out the best position for Carrie on the Girl's Hockey Team.

After breakfast, as Andrew had predicted, the Head Coach showed his six recruits footage of the football games from that season on his big screen TV.

"I know that the six of you will make the right choice on National Signing Day," the Head Coach said 30 minutes later, shaking their hands one by one on his front porch. "I hope to see you all wearing Clemson hats then."

"You'll find out on National Signing Day sir," Andrew said.

Andrew and his friends said goodbye to the Head Coach and his wife and headed out of his driveway, eager to finish the journey to Miami. The Head Coach stood on his front porch and waved until they were out of sight. Andrew and his friends had to wait until they had crossed into Georgia to talk about the Clemson University recruiting visit.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm exhausted after that recruiting visit," Andrew said, as they sat outside at the Georgia Welcome Center. "I think I have information overload!"

"You're not the only one Andrew," Mike assured him. "I was completely unprepared for such a passionate response to our arrival at Clemson University yesterday. But I see now that Carrie was absolutely correct: the Southern US schools are true fanatics when it comes to their recruiting habits."

Andrew nodded in agreement, and they finished their snacks before getting back on the road. They drove through Georgia without resting and Andrew realized rather belatedly that they could have visited Georgia Tech after all. But since they had another visit scheduled for that day and they were expected in Miami on the 30th, he decided to save the Georgia Tech visit for another time.

At the last exit before Florida, on the I-95, Andrew pulled into a small restaurant for lunch. He waited for Carrie to pull the car up beside him before he got off his bike and stood beside the driver's side window.

"We'll get changed out of our Clemson gear here," Andrew decided. "We should have changed before we left South Carolina actually, but I was so tired that I never thought of that."

"Should we change into our Hurricanes t-shirts?" Mike asked him eagerly.

"Not today Mike; we're visiting the Florida Gators this evening!" Andrew reminded him. "We don't want to get ripped apart by rival football fans, do we?" Mike shook his head and Andrew added, "I think I know now why the people here have been glaring at us: we're wearing Clemson t-shirts instead of Georgia Tech ones!"

"You're big and strong enough to scare away anyone who tries to get in our faces Andrew!" Carrie reminded him. "I have full confidence that your superhuman strength will protect us from anyone who might threaten us!"

"My great strength is not without its limits Carrie, even though I haven't reached them yet!" Andrew reminded her. He noticed the confident grin on her face and added, "But your point is well taken Carrie; I haven't met anyone who's gotten the best of me yet, not even David Harrington!"

His friends nodded in agreement as they took their bags into the restaurant to get changed. Then they had lunch and continued on their way into Florida, stopping at the Welcome Center to take pictures and buy postcards. Then they continued on their journey to Gainesville, where the Florida Gators were located. They turned onto the I-10 at Jacksonville, which took them to the I-75. They turned south at that intersection and continued on until they got to the Florida Gators campus.

Once they got to the Athlete's dorm, where the Head Coach had arranged for them to stay, Andrew got off his bike and everyone else got out of his car. The Head Coach met them on the front steps of the dorm and had his staff take the teens' bags to their rooms. Then he took them on a tour of the campus, after they had supper in the cafeteria of course.

The Gators Head Coach was well aware that the five football players had settled on Miami as their top choice, which is why he hadn't recruited them during their football season. However, their Provincial Championship victory had put them back on his radar and he had suddenly realized that having the Gators hat on their table on National Signing Day would give his school more Canadian exposure.

The Coach's insights gave Andrew and his friends a lot to think about as they drifted off to sleep in the dorm rooms.

The next day, December 30th, the Gators Head Coach took the six teens on a more extensive tour of the campus, once they had eaten breakfast at his house of course. He showed them the football stadium and the Student Fitness Center. He also showed them the campus bookstore, where they all bought Florida Gators merchandise, and the lecture halls.

"I hope that the six of you will consider making the Florida Gators one of your top three choices on National Signing Day," the Head Coach said, shaking their hands one by one.

"We certainly will sir," Andrew said, as they stood in the dorm parking lot.

He waved goodbye to the Head Coach as he got onto his bike and his five friends waved goodbye from the car. They soon exited the campus and got back onto I-75 for the final leg of their journey to Miami.

They stopped in Ocala to have lunch at McDonalds and Andrew asked them, "So, what did you guys think of the Florida Gators recruiting visit?"

"I appreciated the calm demeanor of the Gators Head Coach, as opposed to the frantic attitude of the Clemson Coach," Mike replied. "Their attitudes matched their moods when they each visited us a couple of weeks ago. My third choice is the Gators."

"This visit convinced me to make my third choice the Florida Gators as well," Ralph agreed.

Everyone nodded in agreement and they ate their lunch silently, admiring the palm trees around them. They changed into their University of Miami t-shirts after they were done eating and then they headed back onto Interstate 75 for the final hours of their journey to Miami. They soon reached teh Florida \turnpike, where they turned southeastfor Miami, instead of continuing south of on I-75, which would have taken them to Tampa. After a rest stop in orlando, they got onto Interstate 95 at Fort \pierce, just north of Port St Lucie. They continued south on I-95, passing West palm Beach, Boca Rotan, and Fort Lauderdale.

"Finally!" Andrew shouted in relief, smiling at the familiar sight of the Miami buildings in the distance. "How long did it take us to get here from Gainseville Carrie?"

"About six hours with our rest stop in Orlando," Carrie replied. "It's about 7 pm now."

"So we'll be a little late to have supper at Anthony's house," Andrew realized. "But maybe you should give him a call and let him know that we'll be there in less than 30 minutes."

"Good idea Andrew, and I have the printout from Windows Live Maps of the fianl route to Anthony's house," Carrie agreed, uplugging her cell phone from the car charger.

"Thanks Carrie," Andrew said. He looked in the rearview mirror and asked his friends, "So, did you enjoy our journey to Miami everyone?"

"Yes Andrew, but not as much as Mike's enjoying riding your racing bike," Connor said, pointing ahead of them.

"Yeah I know Connor," Andrew said, turning his eyes back to the road. "Now I know why he packed his leather jacket and his bike helmet. It's a good thing I gave him some motorbike lessons this fall, so I know he'll be safe riding my bike."

He turned onto the Julia-|Tuttle Causeway and kept up with Mike as they travelled through the streets of Miami Beach to Anthony's house. Everyone stayed quiet and enjoyed the view, admiring the pastel-coloured buildings and the tall palm trees lining the streets. They all smiled as they finally pulled into Anthony's driveway after a long three-and-a-half day journey.

"Well, we've arrived everyone and Anthony and his dad are waiting for us," Andrew said. "Let's go out and meet them."

Everyone followed his orders and walked up to the front steps of the main house, where Anthony and Aaron were waiting to greet them.

"Welcome back to Miami Beach everyone," Aaron said, stepping forward to shake their hands. "It's the third time for all of you except for Mike, isn't it?"

"Actually, it's the first time for me sir," Phil said, as Aaron shook his head. "My name is Phil Parker and I'm-"

"You're the brother of that creep Darrel Parker who tried to steal Mike from the Hurricanes in November!" Anthony roared in fury. "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here after what you've done!"

"Anthony: stop it!" Aaron shouted at him. Anthony snapped his mouth shut and turned to look at his dad in surprise. "These are our guests son, and Phil wouldn't be here at all if he wasn't thinking of switching to Miami from Florida State! Keep your mouth shut if you're incapable of giving him a proper welcome!"

"Fine Dad; I'll just go inside and make sure that supper's ready," Anthony growled with clenched fists.

"Send our three surprise guest out to greet Andrew and his friends," Aaron ordered him. Anthony nodded quickly and ran into the house, slamming the front door behind them. Aaron turned back to his guests and said, "I'm sorry about my son's behavior Phil, but he's intensely loyal to the Hurricanes and any future players like Mike who want to play for our team."

"Well, I don't appreciate what he said, but if what you say is true, he should give me a good welcome to the team once he warms up to me," Phil said.

"where's Mark?" Andrew asked Aaron suddenly. "Why didn't he come out to greet us?"

"He's out with Martin and Chad: showing them more of the Miami campus and the city itself," Aaron replied. "But three special guests arrived today to keep me and Anthony company." Everyone turned as the front door opened to reveal Margaret, Marge and Dr. Johnson standing in the front hall. "They came down with Martin and Chad to prepare a special report for the Homestead Base Commander. That way, when March Break comes, all we have to do is travel to the base, where Margaret will provide a blood sample to add to your to complete the US Military version of the Enhancement Serum. Over the next two months, the Base Commander and his staff will select Enhancement volunteers, using the report written by the adults as the selection criteria."

Aaron stopped talking to take a breath and Andrew took that opportunity to say, "It sounds like you've made some good plans for March Break sir. What do you have planned for this vacation?"

"Come inside for supper Andrew and we'll discuss it," Aaron replied. "Then we'll get you and your friends set up in the guesthouses. How long are you staying with us Andrew?"

"We have to be back at school for Monday, January 9th, which means that we can stay here until Friday January 6th," Andrew replied.

"So you and your friends will have a week here with us and then you'll have three days to drive back to Orillia and visit a couple more schools," Aaron realized. He opened the front door for them and everyone stepped into the house. As they entered the dining room and everyone sat down at the table, he asked them "How were your two recruiting visits on the way down here?"

Andrew and his friends filled the two Andersons and their adult Orillia friends in on the events of the past few days while they had supper.

"So, what do you think of Miami Margaret?" Andrew asked her, as they finished eating.

"It's a great city Andrew, though the crowds at Christmas crowds take some getting used to," Margaret replied. "Aaron took us on a tour of the city yesterday after we arrived and we enjoyed it a lot."

"That's great Margaret," Andrew said. "Do our parents know you're here?"

"Yes Andrew; we caught up with them two days ago and then continued the journey down to Miami together," Margaret replied.

"Yes, one benefit to having a flying car is that you can easily catch up to those cars that had a head start on you," Andrew realized.

"Very clever of you to catch onto that Andrew," Margaret commended him, pulling a Hot-Wheel sized red car out of her pocket. "I'd be glad to enlarge it after supper and then we can go for a flight above Miami." She looked over at Aaron and Anthony, who were staring at her in astonishment. "But for now, I think I'd better tell the story of how and when I came to Canada. Then our hosts will understand how I can use both magic and advanced technology."

"That would be great Margaret; I don't think you've ever told us the story of your origins before," Andrew realized.

"It's a rather painful subject for me Andrew; I didn't want to burden you with unpleasant details," Margaret said rather abruptly. She noticed her friends staring at her in surprise and hastily added, "But friends should be candid with each other, since they are there to support one another." She noticed her friends and the Andersons nodding in agreement and smiled faintly. "Besides, since I know everything about you Andrew, at least over the last eight years, it seems only fair that you learn everything about me."

"Even how your relationship with Robert McDonald is progressing?" Andrew asked her with a smug grin.

"Almost everything Andrew, but not that," Margaret corrected herself with a laugh. "After all, you wouldn't want me to reveal what everyone but the Andersons knows about you and Carrie, would you?"

"Actually I would Margaret," Andrew replied, completely surprising her with his answer. "Go ahead and tell them the good news and then you can tell us your origin story."

So Margaret told the Andersons everything about Andrew and Carrie's engagement, which she had learned about on Christmas Day. Anthony and his dad congratulated Andrew and Carrie on their engagement and everyone at the table toasted them with wishes of a long and happy life together. Andrew and Carrie grinned in response to the best wishes of all their friends.

"Okay Margaret, tell us your story," Carrie ordered her. "I imagine that your origins are somewhat similar to the origins of Commander Marge and the personnel at her house."

"Almost identical in fact," Margaret corrected her, folding her hands in front of her on the table as she gathered her thoughts. "Very well, I'll tell you my origin story now, but I don't want you to share it with anyone else until I decide that it's time."

Everyone nodded in agreement and Margaret began telling them her life story. She revealed that she had been born in Transylvania in 1949: the only child of a Witch and a Warlock who were killed in an attack by humans one year later. Margaret was adopted by her aunt and uncle, but she and her extended family were too consumed by their fight for survival that they never learned the magic that was their birthright.

However in 1969, when Margaret was 20, her extended family successfully procured Refugee Status for her in Canada. Her family was offerred the same thing, but they preferred to stay behind and continue fighting for the day that their homeland would be safe for them once again. So Margaret went on the flight to Toronto by herself and was greeted by the Premier's representatives when she landed. After showing them her resume and some of her advanced technical skills, she was given a Permanent Resident Card and sponsored at a nearby techinical college. She earned an advanced Bachelors and then a Masters Degree in Urban Engineering.

By the time Margaret was 25, in 1974, she was fully qualified to work as an Urban Planner for the Toronto Waterfront Authority, a position she remained in until she retired with a generous company pension in 1995. She retired to her cottage outside Orillia.

"So when you said that you had lived in that cottage since 1989..." Andrew began.

"Only two of those years were full time by 1997 Andrew," Margaret finished. "I found the cottage in early 1989 and purchased it later that year. However, only in 1995 did I began teaching myself magic using the family spell book my aunt had sent along with me 20 years before."

"So that's why your magic was sporadic at best in its effectiveness when we first met you in 1997," Andrew realized. "At that time, you had only been using magic for two years and you had no proper teacher; you had to learn by trial and error."

"That's correct Andrew," Margaret agreed, smiling at his insight. "I focussed mainly on technical skills at first, using the skills I had acquired during my career and the parts and plans sent to me by my extended family. After our first meeting with each other and Alexander, I modified my car for sub-orbital flight. Then in mid 1999, I modified it for full spaceflight. I also installed the miniaturization matrix that turned the car into a small red box and later a Hot Wheels car. Until we went to the Haunted House almost six months ago, I was to my extended family the only example of the advanced technology we once had a century ago." She turned to Marge and added, "Of course, thanks to you and the peace you've achieved with the Transylvanian humans, all the mythical creatures are now free to regain the advanced technology we once took for granted."

Margaret unfolded her hands and sat back in her chair, signifying the end of her story. Everyone at the table applauded her courage in telling them her life story. Margaret smiled in relief, pleased that her friends didn't judge her harshly for being a refugee to Canada.

"I admire your courage Margaret; it couldn't have been easy to reveal all that to us," Aaron said finally.

"You're right Aaron: it wasn't easy," Margaret agreed. "In a way though, it's a relief to tell my life story, instead of keeping it to myself as I have for the past 56 years." She leaned forward in her chair and met everyone's eyes in turn. "But I want to make one thing perfectly clear: we're not to talk about my past again until I decide that it's time. Agreed?" Everyone nodded and Margaret smiled in relief. "Thanks a lot everyone." She turned back to Aaron and said, "That's enough about the past for one night I think; let's talk about the future. What do you have planned for tomorrow night and next week Mr. Anderson?"

"Please call me Aaron Margaret," Aaron requested. Margaret nodded in agreement. "Thank you. I think it would be best if we all had a quiet New Years Eve here with our family and friends." He smiled at Anthony as he spoke and Andrew guessed that the two male Andersons had resolved their differences since November, at least temporarily. "I'm sure that after the long drive down here from Orillia, you'd all rather relax on New Years Eve." His guests nodded in agreement and then Aaron turned to Andrew. "The South Beach modeling agencies have insisted that you visit them during this vacation Andrew. They were patient during your last two visits down here, knowing that you were busy with football matters, but now they're getting impatient."

"I'd be glad to visit them this time Aaron," Andrew assured his host. He turned to look at his teenage friends and added, "But I won't be going alone."

His friends nodded hastily in agreement, accepting Andrew's role as leader of their small group due to his size, intelligence and maturity.

"I'd be happy to guide you to the modelling agenices Andrew, since I've done photo shoots at quite a few of them myself," Anthony offered.

"Excellent idea Anthony and then you can show Andrew and his friends all the best Underage clubs in South Beach," Aaron decided. "That way, you guys can have lots of fun in the evenings, both during this vacation and during Spring Break." He turned to Margaret and asked her, "Would you mind demonstrating the capablities of your flying car now?"

"I'd be glad to Aaron," Margaret agreed, standing up from the table. "Follow me everyone."

Everyone followed her outside, where Margaret pulled on ehr car from both ends, making it expand to its proper size.

"You adapted Richard's capsule technology to shrink and expand your car," Andrew suddenly realized.

"Very good Adnrew; you're exactly right," Margaret said, pressing a button on the car roof.

The car shrunk down to Hot Wheel size again and Aaron asked her, "Isn't that button a bit dangerous Margaret?"

"I'm not sure I know what you mean," Margaret said. "Would you mind clarifying your question?"

"Aren't you worried that something could hit that button hile people are inside the car?" Aaron asked her.

"That's never happened and since only my fingerprints can activate the mechanism, your fears of people getting accidentally crushed are unfounded," Margaret assured him. She turned to Andrew and added, "That's how I came up with the idea for fingerprint coded handcuffs Andrew."

Andrew smiled and nodded, noticing the relieved look of Aaron's face. Like Aaron, Andrew had worried that a trace of Margaret's old absent-mindedness had caused her to forget about the dangers of a shrinking button on the roof of her car. He was relieved that he had been mistaken and he remembered that aside from a few mishaps, Margaret's magic had improved greatly since their discovery of the Ancient Book of Magic in her attic five years before.

While Andrew was thinking of the past, he noticed Margaret using her magic to restore her car to its proper size once again. Then she unlocked the doors with her keyless entry remote and motioned everyone inside.

"We won't all fit inside Andrew; there's ten of us you know," Andrew reminded her, thinking that Margaret was still a bit absent-minded after all.

"I noticed Andrew, so I'll do this," Margaret said, spreading her hands apart. The red car lengthened into a limo to accomodate their numbers. "Get in everyone and we'll go for a flight above Miami."

"The tracking devices at the Homestead Air Force Base would detect an unauthorized aircraft in the sky Margaret," Aaron reminded her.

"Then we'll fly with the cloaking shield on: a technology that no 21st century military base can detect," Margaret said rather testily. She glanced around at everyone else and asked them, "Does anyone else have anything more to say before we depart of can we get going now while we still have some daylight left?"

"That's all Margaret," Aaron said quietly, feeling rather chastised. "We're ready to go now."

Everyone got into the limo and Margaret turned on the cloaking shield as they put on their seatbelts. Then she started the engine, turned on the Hover Convertor and the limo lifted off vertically into the sky, just like a Harrier Jet or an F-35 fighter jet. Then she took them on a flight above South Beach and Miami, following the directions that Aaron gave her so that they wouldn't miss any of the sights.

The next day was New Years Eve Day and everyone rested around the Anderson's house in preparation for that evening's festivities. While most of Mr. Anderson's adult friends were busy with their own families that day, Coach Malcolm (who was single and childless), Carl (Anhony's friend from Mr. Carlton's club) and Carl's younger brother Rick were able to come that day.

Even though Anthony and his dad were getting along again, Anthony still found it best to focus his employment efforts on Mr. Carlton's club. This allowed Carl to gradually transition out of the club and become the new Head Personal trainer at Mr. Anderson's South Beach Gym.

After breakfast, Aaron said, "It's a little cool this morning for swimming or surfing, but we can still go out in the boat after lunch if you want to."

"It would have to be a pretty big boat to accomodate all 20 of us Aaron," Andrew suddenly realized.

"It's a 24 seat yacht, so yes it is a pretty big boat Andrew," Aaron informed him with a frown. "So, are you all coming or not?"

"We'd be glad to sir," Andrew replied, once everyone else nodded in agreement. "When are Coach Malcolm, Carl and Rick arriving?"

"In time for lunch Andrew," Aaron replied. "So, what did you want to do this morning?"

"Just relax outside with my friends," Andrew replied.

"Then I will get to know Margaret and her friends a bit better while you guys have fun outside," Aaron said. "I left the pool uncovered, since it's warm enough to swim outside today." He turned to Margaret and said, "Come inside Margaret, and I'll introduce you to my wife and daughter; they should be up by now."

Once they were outside, everyone tested the pool water, but it was still too cold, despite being in the path of the sun. Andrew signalled to Anthony that he wanted to be alone with Carrie for a while. So Anthony took Andrew's friends into his guesthouse and showed them his entertainment system and his scrapbook of football photos.

"What did you want to talk about Andrew?" Carrie asked him, as they sat down in some lawn chairs beside the pool on the large south lawn.

"I just wondered if you realize, like I do, that this is the the last full Christmas Vacation that we'll be spending with our parents," Andrew replied.

"Not true Andrew, unless we spend some of it down here with your new friends," Carrie reminded him.

"Are you upset that you don't have any new friends down here yet?" Andrew asked her bluntly.

"Yes Andrew," Carrie replied, guessing that her dad had told him that. "But I'm sure that once I meet the Girl's Hockey team in the fall, I'll make some female friends down here. I'm not sure if you realize that while all your friends will be down here with you, both Sarah and Sue will be at Florida State next year. But I understand how big football is, producing as it does almost the entire revenue for Miami's Athletic Department. When people say 'Oh, you got a full ride to Miami,' everyone knows without having to be told that it was for football. Maybe if I had played basketball instead of hockey, the recruiters would have paid more attention to me."

"Don't worry Carrie; I'll pay plenty of attention to you," Andrew promised her, hugging her gently. "Why else do you think I asked Anthony for some time alone with you?"

"Good point Andrew," Carrie realized, smiling up at him. "I've noticed that no matter how famous you've become as a high school football star, you've always made lots of time for me in your life." She looked down at her engagement ring and added, "That's one of the reasons I said 'yes' when you asked me to marry you: I know that you won't run off with some college cheerleader when we come down here next fall."

"You're the only one for me Carrie; how many times do I have to tell and show you that?" Andrew asked her impatiently. "I know that you're entering a male-dominated society ( the US College Football School) but stop feeling sorry for yourself! Do you think the women who wanted the vote just whined about not having it? No, they fought for and won the rights that had been denied to them! So why don't you take a page out of our great-grandparent's book and do something about having no friends down here? Use our March Break or even this break to talk to the Girl's Hockey Coach, meet the team and make some new friends!"

Carrie was stunned into silence by Andrew speaking so bluntly to her but she also knew that he was absolutely right in everything he had said.

There are times I don't like having a genius for a fiancess! Carrie thought to ehrself. I've been so focussed on how big and strong Andrew's become that I've forgotten how smart he is! Well after this conversation, I won't be forgetting about his brains anytime soon!

Andrew and Carrie sat in silence for a few minutes, each of them thinking about what the other person had said. They also admired the palm trees, the green grass and the true tropical climate Miami Beach had even in winter.

"You're right Andrew," Carrie finally said. Andrew turned to look at her in surprise and Carrie elaborated by adding, "I have been feeling sorry for myself. I didn't even think of appreciating the fact that I am one of the few Canadian girls to get a full hockey scholarship!"

"I hope you remember that from now on Carrie," Andrew said. "Go introduce yourself to Anthony's sister Amber now, if you can tear her away from Mark that is. If my suspicion is correct, the reason she was attracted to Mark is because she's an athlete like him. And send Mike out here; I want to see how he's adjusting to being away from home for two weeks."

"He's not adjusting well Andrew," Carrie informed him as she stood up.

"Then it's imperative that I set him on the right path like I just did with you," Andrew decided. "Go get him Carrie and I'll do my best to cheer him up too."

Carrie followed Andrew's orders and he sighed with frustration once she was out of hearing range.

I can't believe I have to consel Mike as well as Carrie on this trip! Andrew fumed in silence. Martin is supposed to be the counselor, not me!

Mike came out of Anthony's guesthouse a few minutes later, looking a little depressed and Andrew suddenly realized something. He had been responsible for turning Mike into a recruitable athlete in only two months, even though Mike had never played a single game of high school football. Andrew remembered that the recruiting term for Mike was Under The Radar: which referred to a recruit who had only started playing the game recently and therefore only got a football scholarship if there was one left over.

"Yes Andrew; you wanted to see me?" Mike asked him hesistantly.

"Yes I did Mike; sit down please," Andrew ordered him, motioning to the lawn chair beside him. Mike sat down and Andrew gathered his thoughts for a few seconds before he was ready to speak again. "Carrie told me that you, like here, are having trouble adapting to the new life you'll soon have in Miami."

"Yes I am Andrew; in fact I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by all the attention I've been getting from Anthony and his friends," Mike replied. He cupped his chin in his hands and added, "I'm having second thoughts about all of this Andrew. Who am I to think that I can just walk onto the Hurricanes team, even if it's just the practice squad of Third String, and be successful? I've never even played a single game of high school football and I've certainly never won a Provincial Championship like you and your friends have!"

"Haven't we been through all all of this once before Mike: right around the time of my birthday in fact?" Andrew snapped at him in frustration. Mike nodded quickly, getting scared of his huge friend's anger. "that's what I thought Mike and we're not going to go through this moping of yours all over again! In case you've forgotten, you've grown four inches and packed on 40 pounds of solid muscle since October!" Mike perked up slightly at those last words and Andrew leaned forward until their faces were only inches apart. "I suggested in October that you start beleiving in yoruself; I will suggest it one more time. We are not always properly equipped to handle the challenges that life throws at us. We have only our own skills and determination to see us through the days and years ahead. That is all, but that must do. We have to take each situation as it comes and use our best efforts to get through it."

"But my best efforts may not be good enough!" Mike protested.

"Not good enough?" Andrew repeated incredulously. "If that were true, Coach Malcolm would never have recruited you in November, or asked about you in October!" Mike raised his eyebrows in surprise at that revelation. Andrew grinned at him encouragingly and continued by saying, "Your brother Mark had these same doubts three years ago, as I did seven years ago." Mike went to speak, astonished by Andrew's revelations, but Andrew raised his hand and shook his head. "Listen to what I have to say before you say anything Mike. I trained Mark for football as I am training you, but more importantly, he built his own reputation as a football star because of his own instinctive quarterback skills and his determination to succeed." Andrew stood up suddenly and motioned Mike to do the same. "Give me your hand Mike," Andrew ordered him. Mike obeyed hastily and Andrew gripped it tightly in his own. "Here is my hand and with it my promise Mike: you will succeed in your quest to become a Miami Hurricane and you will then join the Miami Dolphins with me. I believe in you and now it's time that you start believing in yourself. You must find within yourself the determination to continue this journey to becoming a football star that you asked me to start you on. Can you do that Mike; not for me, but for yourself?"

"I'll do my best Andrew," Mike replied quietly, trying and failing to match Andrew's level of determination.

Andrew nodded and was wise enough to leave it at that.

"I think that's enough talk for this morning," he decided, laying a gentle hand on Mike's shoulder. "My Hurricanes football is in the trunk of my car. Let's throw it around on the lawn for a while."

"Your football or your car Andrew?" Mike asked him with a small grin.

"Good man Mike; your sense of humour is coming back!" Andrew laughed, patting him on the shoulder gently. "We'll throw my football around for a while: that should sharpen your football skills, which will help boost your self-confidence."

Mike nodded in agreement and followed Andrew to his car, where they retrieved the football. They took it back to the long south lawn and began throwing it back and forth. They spent some of the morning doing that and then when the pool warmed up, went for a swim with their friends.

At lunchtime, Coach Malcolm arrived with Carl and Rick.

"Excellent: everyone who's going to spend New Years Eve here tonight is with us now," Aaron said, coming out of his house to greet the three new arrivals. "My family and I have been making preparations for this evening's events and they are now complete. So we can all enjoy the afternoon out on my yacht. Come inside and have lunch everyone and then we'll go have fun in the sun on Biscayne Bay."

Everyone followed him inside to have lunch. There were many guests at Mr. Anderson's house that day: Andrew and Carrie, Chad and Ron, Matt and Phil, Mike and Mark, Ralph and Connor, Ralph's parents, Connor's parents, Margaret and Marge, Dr. Johnson and Coach Malcolm, and finally Carl and Rick. Andrew's mom and Carrie's mom had gone to Florida State with Steve, Darrel, Sue, Chris and Sarah. Phil's parents had remained behind in Orillia to keep an eye on the empty houses of their friends.

"Anthony will bring along the speedboat so that you guys can go tubing in Biscayne Bay," Mr. Anderson said. "We also have wakeboards as well." He turned to Andrew and said, "I understand that you're quite adept at wakeboarding Andrew."

"Yes I am sir; it was easily adapted from snowboarding, which I do a lot of in the winter," Andrew replied. "I got some practice in once Christmas Vacation started and now I'm ready to see how my wakeboarding has improved."

Anthony fumed in silent fury, now that he finally knew how Andrew was a much better surfer than he was.

After lunch, everyone packed up the yacht and set out on their afternoon trip along the river to Biscayne Bay. They headed out to the section of the bay that looked out over the Port of Miami and downtown Miami. Mr Anderson's yacht seated the 24 people comfortably and had staterooms, a full kitchen and dining room and an entertainment room complete with big screen TV and an X-Box 360.

Once they got into the middle of the bay, with all the motorboats around them, Mr. Anderson anchored the yacht and got out the five wakeboards. Anthony and Andrew loaded the wakeboards into the speedboat along with the rops and life jackets. Then Ralph, Connor and Mike joined them on the speedboat while everyone else found spots on the balcony of the yacht where they could watch the afternoon's activities.

Everyone had fun on Biscayne Bay that afternoon and they agreed with Mr. Anderson's plan to give them jetski lessons the next day. Andrew had never used a jetski before, so he knew that Anthony would be better at using one that he was.

Once the afternoon was over, and everyone had done some swimming and diving around the yacht, they headed back to the Anderon's house for supper. Everyone got showered and changed once they were on dry land again, and then the 20 guests helped their hosts make supper.

During supper, everyone made plans for the rest of the week. A trip to the Florida Keys was planned as well as a trip to the country club near the airport where Mr. Anderson had a private room. Mr. Anderson also decided to show his guests some exclusive properties on Jupiter Island and Flagler Beach, where some of his richest clients (Miami Dolphins) lived.

After supper, everyone relaxed: the parents upstairs in the living room and everyone else in the rec room downstairs. They watched some football on Anthony's big screen TV and played some games on his X-Box 360. They also discussed their future in Miami. Anthony made an off-hand comment that the salary the Dolphins scout had offered him would allow him to buy a mansion on Jupiter Island one day.

Andrew realized that as Mr. Anderson's income had risen, he had 'spread the wealth around' so to speak: making sure that his wife and kids had the best of everything. However, since Anthony wasn't spoiled, but in fact had worked hard for everything he had, Andrew and Carrie realized that living as rich kids wouldn't necessarily a bad thing. They also realized that their parents had begun introducing them slowly to the Upper Class Lifestyle, perhaps so that they wouldn't feel out of place in Miami in September.

As midnight approached, everyone went upstairs to the luxurious living room and crowded around the 52 inch TV for Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve Special. This was Dick's first year back after his massive stroke the year before and everyone was anxious to see if he had recovered sufficiently to still be 'America's Oldest Teenager.' They weren't disappointed as Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest rang in 2006 to the Times Square Clock and the dropping of the Waterford Crystal Ball. Everyone had a glass of champagne and wished each other Happy New Year: pleased that they could celebrate it with family and friends.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options