The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM

sl97aq
Andrew chapter 43: Spring break in south beach

It was the middle of March: the Friday afternoon just before March Break, which would start the next day. For the past six weeks, Andrew and his friends had worn their new Hurricanes jackets to school, earning even more respect and admiration for their athletic talents. In contrast to Andrew and the other new Hurricanes, Steve and Darrel had used their status as new Florida State Seminoles to start bullying small kids again, including Darrel and Tom. Andrew and his friends soon heard about the bullying from Nate and Lenny and they soon intervened to put a stop to it. After a few confrontations in which Steve and Darrel found themselves outnumbered five to two, they soon gave up bullying small kids.

On that Friday afternoon before March Break, Tom was washing his hands in the gym bathroom, looking forward to another workout with Andrew and all his friends in the weight room.

Suddenly the bathroom door slammed open and Steve Peterson walked in.

"What are you doing in here runt?" Steve snarled at Tom.

"I'm not a runt and I'm in here washing my hands," Tom replied. "Are you blind or just stupid Steve?"

"You'd better watch your mouth Little Man, or I'll-"

"You'll do what?" Tom asked him, stepping forward until his face was just inches from Steve's chest. "If anything happens to me, Andrew will hear about it, and you'll have to kill me to keep me quiet." Steve got a startled look on his face and Tom added, "Andrew's in the locker room right now. Should I go tell him that you've been bullying me again, or are you going to do the smart thing and leave?"

Steve glared at him in fury, his fear of Andrew competing with his desire to tear Tom apart for insulting him. Finally Steve let out a big sigh and headed for the door.

"You're not worth getting my hands dirty," he snarled back at Tom. "Just stay out of my way."

"You stay out of my sight and everything will be just fine," Tom snapped back as Steve stormed out of the bathroom.

Once Steve was out of sight, Tom let out a huge sigh of relief and leaned against the counter.

"I never would have had the guts to stand up to a bully before Andrew befriended me," Tom said to himself. "But he's not only taught me to get bigger, he's helped me become braver as well."

"That was the whole point to me befriending you in the first place Tom," Andrew said, stepping out of a bathroom stall.

"Andrew, what are you doing in there?" Tom asked him. "I thought you were in the gym waiting for me!"

"I was, until I had to use the washroom," Andrew informed him. "But I must say that I am very impressed with how you handled Steve just now. I was going to step out of the stall and help you, but it appears you did just fine on your own. I certainly won't have to worry about you being bullied this fall while I'm down in Miami."

"No you won't Andrew, especially since my older brother Terry is going to train me and Denny to become football players," Tom informed him. "Thanks to you, Denny and I have both put on 30 pounds of muscle and grown three inches since October, to stand at 5 foot 3 and 130 pounds."

"Good for you Tom," Andrew commended him, stepping up to the counter. "And since you're still in Grade Nine, imagine how big you'll be considering the size of Terry."

"He's only 200 pounds and six feet Andrew, but it seems really big to me," Tom said. "I think that Denny has a lot better chance of being as big as you are, considering how big Phil is!" As they headed into the locker room, he asked Andrew, "Did Coach Everson tell you the good news about my big brother Andrew?"

"No Tom; fill me in," Andrew ordered him, as they sat down on the bench by Andrew's locker.

"Coach said that Terry played so well as Ralph's back-up this year that he'll be the Starting Quarterback this fall!" Tom shouted in excitement.

"That's great Big Guy!" Andrew shouted, lifting Tom up off the bench in a big hug. "You must be very proud."

"Yeah I am Andrew," Tom said. "Terry is two years older than me, so he got to play his junior year as Ralph's back-up."

"That was a smart move on Coach Everson's part," Andrew realized. "NCAA recruiters usually recruit from the Varsity Team, which is made up of Grade 11 and 12 players."

"Do you really think that Terry is good enough to go to the NCAA like you and your friends?" Tom asked him in astonishment.

"He certainly deserves to, considering how well he played as Ralph's back-up this past season," Andrew said. "But then, I think Terry was the Starting Quarterback on the Junior Varsity team in the 2004 season, having been the back-up QB in the 2003 season."

Tom nodded in agreement and asked Andrew, "How many people are waiting in the gym for us?"

"Now that you're dressed for working out, let's go in and find out," Andrew suggested. He pointed to the gym doors as Tom closed his locker. "After you Big Guy."

Tom smiled at Andrew, pleased that his huge friend was so encouraging towards him. Then he led the way into the gym to find almost the entire starting lineup of the OD Varsity football team waiting for him.

"Wow Andrew, you certainly know how to put together a big workout group!" Tom shouted in astonishment.

"You know what's even more amazing Tom?" Andrew asked him.

"No Andrew, but I bet you're going to tell me," Tom said.

"Except for me and Phil, everyone in this gym is one of my trainees," Andrew informed him.

"No way Andrew!" Tom shouted in astonishment.

"It's true Tom, but if you don't believe me, I'll demonstrate," Andrew said. "Denny, stand beside Tom."

Denny obeyed and then Andrew grouped Lenny, Nate and Mike together. Then he put Ralph and Connor together and stood beside Phil and Terry.

"Wow Andrew, you were right!" Tom shouted in amazement. "Seven trainees and three trainers!"

"You're absolutely right Tom; Phil trains Denny, Terry trains you and I train Lenny and Nate," Andrew agreed. "I am pleased to say that Ralph, Connor and Mike have all moved beyond the point where they need me to train them. Now usually we don't all train together after school, but after what Coach Anderson told us on National Signing Day, we have to prepare for Spring Training with the Hurricanes next week."

"I wish I could be there with you guys," Tom said sadly.

Terry was about to tell Tom about the upcoming events at their house that evening, but Andrew silenced him with a look.

"Ask your parents about that when you get home Tom; maybe they're been planning a March Break in Miami," Andrew said. Tom looked at him oddly but Andrew ignored the look and turned to everyone else. "Are you all ready to work out now?"

Everyone nodded in agreement and seperated into their workout groups for the next hour. Tom thought more about what Andrew had said as Terry instructed him in the proper lifting techniques, but he wasn't the only one. Since Terry had only confided in Andrew, knowing that his huge friend was great at keeping secrets, Ralph and Connor were also wondering what was going on. Phil and Denny knew all about the evening's activities, but that was because Phil and Terry were very close friends.

When the workout was over, and everyone had showered and changed, Tom followed Terry to his car.

"What was Andrew talking about in the gym when he said that our parents might be planning a March Break in Miami?" Tom asked his big brother.

"I'll explain on the way home Big Guy," Terry said as he started the car.

Tom listened to Terry's explanation on the way home and was very suprised and pleased by what he heard. He was also shocked to hear that Ralph and Connor were cousins, but that explained why they were always together. Tom and Denny were also cousins, by way of Tom and Terry's father, who was the brother of Denny's and Phil's father.

When they got home, Tom and Terry Thompson were not surprised to find Coach Anderson there. Coach Anderson had come up on his private jet to take Terry down to Miami for his first official recruiting visit. Since the OD team had won the Provinical Championship, and Terry was the back-up quarterback on that team, Coach Anderson had been ordered to recruit him before any other school could. The memories of Steve and Darrel attempting to steal Mike from the Hurricanes in November were still fresh in Coach Malcolm's mind when he had issued those orders to his new Recruiting Director Aaron Anderson. Coach Malcolm also remembered how Miami hadn't bothered to recruit Andrew at all until Thanksgiving of his senior year, because they had simply assumed that Andrew would automatically play football for his dad's old school. He resolved not to make that same mistake with Terry, and he also wanted to keep OD's Provincial Championship team intact within the Miami Hurricanes.

"It's good to see you again Terry," Coach Anderson said, shaking Terry's hand in the driveway.

"You too Coach," Terry said. He pointed to his brother Tom and said, "I don't think you've met my younger brother Tom."

"Do you play football like Terry does Tom?" Coach Anderson asked as they went into the Thompson house.

"No I don't sir; I'm still too small," Tom replied. "But I hope to start playing football this fall. That way I can become a recruitable athlete just like my big brother Tom and his cousin Phil."

Even though Darrel was also a cousin of his, Tom didn't mention that disowned member of the Parker family. Coach Anderson noted how Tom refrained from mentioning Darrel and he completely understood why. His son Anthony had filled him in on Darrel and Steve's failed attempt to steal Mike from the Miami Hurricanes.

"I won't be allowed to recruit you once you become an athlete Tom, at least until the end of your junior year," Coach Anderson said. "So let me express my hope right now that you will consider following your older brother to Miami."

"I intend to Coach: this very weekend in fact," Tom informed him. "Seeing the campus over March Break will allow me to get a good picture of what the University of Miami has to offer when it's my turn to be recruited."

"Speaking of the trip to Miami, I have the list of people who are coming with us on my private jet," Coach Anderson said. He sat down on the couch and set the list down on the coffee table where the entire Thompson family could see it. "Andrew and Chad are coming, along with Martin, Mike and Sue. Mr. Parker is bringing Phil and Denny with him, while Mr. Peterson is bringing Carrie. Connor and Ralph are also coming, along with Connor's parents. So with you four added into the numbers, that makes 18 people who are coming on my private jet to Miami with me."

"What about me?" Tom's twin sister Suzie asked, coming into the living room.

"If you come along as well, then we'll have an even 20 on the jet," Coach Anderson realized. "That's a good idea Suzie." He took a closer look at her and Tom and suddenly realized something. "I seem to remember Commander Marge telling me that she met you and your brother Tom and your mother Susan back on Canada Day Weekend last summer."

"That's right Coach Anderson," Susan said, smiling at Aaron's good memory. "In a way, if it wasn't for that unexpected trip to Marge's house, she never would have held the Haunted House tour and Andrew would never have become enhanced."

"And neither would your nephew Phil," Aaron realized, remembering not to mention Darrel or Steve. Mrs. Thompson nodded in agreement and Aaron smiled. "There's quite a complex web of relationships between you and the Pearson family, isn't there Susan?"

"Yes there is," Susan agreed. "And I'm sure you know that Andrew's mom has the same first name as I do."

"Yes, and Mike's girlfriend shares your first name as well," Aaron realized. He put away his list, after he added Suzie's name to it, and said, "While the new Hurricanes will be attending spring practice on the weekend, everyone else can explore the city and the Miami campus. Then during the week, everyone can attend the Open House activities on the campus."

Tom grinned with excitement, eager to see the school that he hoped to attend in the fall of 2009.

Meanwhile, at the home of Sue Wallis, her younger brother Chirs was wise enough to stay out of Mike's way. Mr. and Mrs. Wallis were going to Florida State with him the next day for March Break and Open House. They wished Mike well as he came downstairs with Sue, who would be staying over at his house that night. Mike drove Sue home in his new car, which his dad Martin had bought for him after National Signing Day.

"I'm looking forward to March Break in Miami with you Mike," Sue said, once they were alone in his bedroom after supper.

"You mean Spring Break in South Beach," Mike corrected her, lifting her up effortlessly and pinning her against the wall. "Don't forget, we'll be spending most evenings at the South Beach clubs having fun with Anthony and his friends."

"That's what I love about you Mike: you have brains and brawn," Sue informed him, kissing him softly.

"More brawn every day baby and it's all for you to fondle," Mike growled softly.

"Before I do that, it's time for another strength test Mike," Sue said, as Mike let her down to the floor again.

"What do you-?" Mike managed, before Sue kneed him in the groin. He was just as surprised as she was when he didn't even hiss in pain. "Too bad Sue; you didn't hurt me that time!" Mike laughed, not even feeling any pain.

"Rats, why can't I hurt you Mike?" Sue asked him in frustration.

"Because you didn't ask me if you could," Mike replied, laughing even louder. Then he noticed Sue's frustrated look and asked her, "You don't actually want to hurt me, do you Sue?"

"No I don't, but it would be nice if my best blows actually had some effect on you!" Sue snapped in frustration. "How am I supposed to defend myself if I can't even make you wince?"

"Use your Tazer Sue; it should have some effect," Mike reminded her.

"Good idea Mike," Sue said, walking over to her dresser. "Take off your shirt and stand by the closet."

"Okay Sue," Mike agreed, slowly taking off his Large size t-shirt.

Sue took the Tazer out of her dresser drawer and checked to make sure it was fully charged. Then she turned around and her jaw dropped when she saw Mike's massively muscled torso and arms. Mike grinned at her look of astonishment and Sue fired the Tazer Gun, hoping to wipe the grin off his face. Her stomach clenched in fear as Mike's only reaction was to clench his fists.

Even as 50,000 volts coursed through his body, Mike kept the grin on his face by sheer force of will and he stayed on his feet. He was astonished at how high his pain tolerance was, but that astonshment turned into cockiness pretty quickly.

"Good job Sue," Mike managed to say, amazed that he could actually talk with the charge still running through him. "Let's see what lasts longer: my iron will or the charge in your Tazer Gun."

Sue could only nod mutely in agreement; her fear rapidly morphing into terror as she realized the huge leap forward that Mike's inhuman pain tolerance had taken since February. She actually jumped back as Mike began walking towards her, even as the last of the Tazer Gun's charge ran through his heavily muscled body.

"Stop showing off Mike, and don't touch me or I'll get zapped into unconsciousness!" Sue yelled at him.

Mike stopped walking as the Tazer Gun ran out of charge, but not because he felt affected by 50,000 volts of electricity.

"Thanks for the strength test Sue; it was certainly successful since I barely felt a thing," Mike whispered in Sue's ear as he took her gently in his arms.

"How come I couldn't hurt you like I did in January or even last month?" Sue whispered in terror.

"I'm a lot bigger and stronger than I was even last month Sue," Mike replied, stepping back and crossing his massive arms over his broad chest.

"That doesn't explain how two groin kicks back in January had different effects," Sue reminded him. Mike gave her a confused look as they sat down on her bed. "You hardly reacted to the second groin kick I gave you that day in mid January."

"Ah I understand your confusion now," Mike said, nodding his head. "I think that my skintight jeans act as some kind of groin cup. I seem to recall that Chris's kick to my groin that day two months ago had no effect either, and neither did your kick to my groin just a few minutes ago."

"So skintight jeans don't just intimidate your enemies, they also protect your vulnerable points," Sue realized.

"That's right Sue, because even though Andrew was enhanced back in October, Anthony's groin kick hurt him enough to make him mad," Mike informed her. "Mark told me that Andrew could have crushed Anthony's throat if Carrie hadn't talked him into releasing his iron grip."

"And you still think that getting genetically enhanced next month is a good idea?" Sue asked him in astonishment.

"Relax Sue: Dr. Johnson ironed out all the emotional issues when he enhanced Phil Parker," Mike assured her.

"I guess you're right Mike; he's never demonstrated bullying tendancies like his brother and Steve have," Sue realized.

"Speaking of that, did I tell you what Andrew told me about Tom Thompson?" Mike asked her.

Sue shook her head and Mike informed her how Tom had ended Steve's attempt to bully him just by mentioning Andrew's name. He also told Sue about Tom's latest strength and size gains in the gym earlier that day.

"It's great that Tom had become bigger and stronger under Andrew's guidance," Sue said proudly. "I just wish that my brother Chris would follow his example instead of moping around!"

"Yeah Sue, judging by your brother's violent reaction to me back in January, he's certainly not scared of big guys," Mike said. "But enough talk about everyone else; let's talk about me now!"

"Good idea Mike," Sue agreed. "How big are you now?"

"With or without my cowboy boots on Sue?" Mike asked her with a big grin as he stood up.

"Both," Sue laughed, as Mike gripped her shoulders gently. "And don't forget Mike: your boots don't make you bigger, just taller! I thought you would have known that Mike; maybe you are turning into a dumb jock after all!"

Sue's laughter suddenly ended as Mike suddenly grabbed her around the waist and lifted her up to his eye level.

"That's not funny Sue, considering what those dumb jocks Steve and Darrel have been doing for the past few months," Mike growled at her in fury.

"I'm sorry Mike; I'd forgotten about that," Sue apologized, her stomach clenching in fear at Mike's anger.

"Don't forget that again Sue, or you'll really see me mad," Mike growled as he set her down. "And don't you ever call me a dumb jock again, not even as a joke! Have I made myself clear Sue?" Sue nodded hastily in agreement; her terror of Mike's rage too overpowering for her to say a word. "Go get your overnight bag out of my car Sue; I'll be downstairs working out. Let's see if I can bench more than 700 pounds tonight!"

Sue's face turned white with terror as Mike brushed past her on his way downstairs. Sue waited until she couldn't hear his footsteps any longer before she slowly went downstairs and out to his car. She found herself terrified of Mike's fury, so much so that for a split second she considered leaving him for her own safety.

"No matter how much of a bully Steve was towards others, he never scared me like Mike did just now," Sue said to herself, once she was safely outside. "I never realized that being bullied all these years would lead to Mike becoming so scary now that he's big and strong!"

Sue took her bag out of Mike's car and then locked the door. As she headed back into the house, she desperately hoped that Mike's love for her would keep him from hurting her when he attained superhuman strength next month.

The next morning at 6 am, everyone on Coach Anderson's list met him at his private jet, which was parked as always at Simcoe County Regional Airport.

"Glad you made it everyone; climb aboard and we'll take off," Aaron said, after everyone had shown their passports to the border guards.

"Something wrong with the steps sir?" Andrew asked him as he boarded the jet. Aaron looked confused so Andrew elaborated by adding, "You said 'climb aboard' sir, and people use ladders, not steps, for that."

"Actually people climb stairs as well as ladders Andrew," Coach Anderson reminded him with a smug grin. Andrew looked shocked as he realized that Aaron was right. "Not too swift first thing in the morning, are you Andrew?" Andrew shook his head and Aaron added, "I hope that won't cause you any issues during early morning practice on the Orange Bowl Field tomorrow."

"I hope not sir," Andrew said, sitting down beside his new coach. "I want to prove that I earned my scholarship by playing well during Spring Practice tomorrow."

"I'm sure you'll do just fine Andrew," Aaron assured him as the jet taxied down the runway for take-off. "If anyone's still tired like Andrew here, feel free to sleep through our flight to Miami, which should take about three hours. I'll wake you when we land."

Most of the passengers gladly took Coach Anderson up on his offer. The Parkers and the Thompsons on the other hand stayed awake and so Aaron told them all about Miami and the Hurricanes during the flight.

When the jet landed in Miami a few hours later, two of Coach Anderson's white limos were waiting to take everyone to his house. There, everyone would get a chance to relax before going to work on the football field.

"Get your rest Andrew; you're going to need it," Coach Anderson said as they arrived at his mansion 20 minutes later.

"What do you mean sir?" Andrew asked, as they got out of the limo.

"Ask Anthony; he can fill you in on what to expect this weekend," Aaron replied. He turned to Tom and his brother and said, "Come on Terry: I'll show you and Tom the kind of accomodations you can expect to live in when you become Hurricanes."

"Tom's not even playing high school football yet and Aaron's practically measuring him for a Hurricanes uniform already," Mike noted in amusement.

"Yeah, Aaron's certainly taking advantage of the fact that Tom's not an athlete yet to get a head start on recruiting him," Andrew realized. "That's pretty clever of your dad Anthony, but it's not against the rules."

"No it's not Andrew, and good job picking up on that," Anthony said. "But football is big business down here Mike, even though we're not in Texas. Recruiting starts as early as Grade Nine for some athletes, which is why there are so many rules for NCAA football recruiting." Mike looked at him in confusion and Anthony asked him, "Didn't you see the movie Friday Night Lights Mike?" Mike shook his head and Anthony grinned at him. "Come with me into my guesthouse man and we'll watch it on the big screen. Then I can show you The Program as well: that movie also provides a good view of what recruting and college football are like."

"What will the rest of us new Hurricanes do?" Andrew asked.

"The rest of you will be watching Hurricanes practice footage with Carl and Rick," Anthony replied, pointing behind him. Andrew turned around and saw his two future teammates approaching. "Have fun Andrew and we'll see you in the main house for lunch."

Anthony put a huge arm around Mike's shoulders and guided him into the nearest guesthouse. Andrew and his teammates followed Rick and Carl into the main house, where they took him downstairs to the rec room. Tom and Terry went with the parents and Coach Anderson into town for a tour of the Miami Campus and the Orange Bowl Stadium.

"Do you think that Terry will play with us during the Spring Practice tomorrow morning?" Andrew asked Carl suddenly.

"Probably Andrew; it would be the best way for Coach Anderson to access Terry's skills to see if he'll make a good Hurricane," Carl replied. "They should be back by lunchtime though, since it's only 9:30 now." He noticed Andrew looking around and asked him, "What are you looking for man?"

"Not what; who," Andrew corrected him. "Where's Carrie?"

"Probably upstairs following your advice," Rick replied. Andrew turned to look at him and Rick asked him, "Didn't you tell Carrie over New Years that she should make some new friends down here?" Andrew nodded and Rick added, "That's probably what she's doing Andrew, so don't worry about her."

"That's good advice Andrew," Carl said, putting the DVD into the player. "Now, are you ready to watch some Hurricanes practice footage?"

Andrew nodded to indicate that he was, and the Myers brothers smiled, eager to play with Andrew on the football field for the first time ever.

"I do have a question before we begin Carl," Andrew said, as Rick prepared the first episode of Hurricanes practice footage. "Why did we have to be down here so early today?"

"Our first practice is in the Orange Bowl Stadium this afternoon," Carl replied.

"What?!" Andrew shouted in astonishement. "I thought we were resting today?"

"Your chance to rest was on the jet, which Coach Anderson told me you took full advantage of," Carl reminded him. Andrew nodded, but still looked shocked at the fast pace of things. "I know it's a shock Andrew, but since it's not football season, we only have Two-a-Days on the weekend. However, due to new rules, we don't have those Two-a-Day sessions every day, but only once a week. So that's why tomorrow will have two practices; and today will have only one. Your families will be able to attend all the practice sessions and get to know the other fans, since the practices this weekend are open to the public."

"That sounds good Carl," Andrew said, once he had gotten over his shock. "What will we be doing for the rest of the week while you guys are at school?"

"You guys will have some photo shoots at the South Beach Modeling Agency, as well as time for working out, surfing and relaxing," Rick replied. "The evenings will be reserved for fun at the clubs and our houses, as well as some bouncer shifts at Mr. Carlton's club if you're willing. Coach Anderson could also use some help at his gym Andrew: maybe you could fit in some personal training sessions."

"It will be a relief not having to fit working and working out around school work for once," Andrew said with a big smile. "Good thing I remembered to bring my US work permit down here with me."

Carl grinned at him and then pressed PLAY on the DVD remote. For the rest of the morning, Andrew and his friends watched Miami Hurricanes practice footage with Carl and Rick.

Once lunchtime arrived, everyone went upstairs to find the huge dining room table set up to accomodate all 22 people.

"Don't look so surprised Andrew; this is a mansion after all," Coach Anderson said, once he noticed the shocked look on Andrew's face.

Andrew nodded silently and sat down quietly, waiting for Aaron to say grace before beginning to eat.

Everyone ate silently for a few minutes and then Aaron asked Mike if he was looking forward to wearing a Hurricanes uniform for the first time that afternoon.

"Yes I am sir, and it will actually be the first time I've worn a football uniform at all," Mike informed his new coach.

"You're right Mike, but don't worry, you'll get the chance at practice this afternoon to prove that you're worthy of playing time this fall," Coach Anderson said. Mike looked over at him, suddenly worried, and Aaron assured him, "Don't worry Mike: even though lots of others will be competing for your position at Right Tackle, the fact that Andrew trained you is a big point in your favour." When Mike looked confused, Aaron reminded him, "I Andrew trained Mark well enough to be our Starting Quarterback, I'm sure that he's trained you well enough to be our Starting Right Tackle in the fall."

"That may be true sir, but I bet all the other recruits competing for my position have played high school football before," Mike said quietly.

"That's true Mike, but none of them have been trained by a Provincial Champion," Aaron reminded him. Mike nodded in agreement and Aaron added, "Besides, after seeing you play over New Years, I am fully confident that you'll fit in with our team quite nicely. The DVDs Andrew sent me of your practice sessions also helped bolster my confidence in you."

"Thanks a lot sir," Mike said. "I just have one last question: will any of the other recruits for my position be at practice today?"

"No they won't Mike," Aaron assured him. "I know that this is your first time playing in a full college practice, so I decided to keep the pressure off by having only you new recruits from Orillia down here on this March Break. Easter Weekend and May 24th will be better for teaching my other new recruits our playbook, especially since they're used to the warm climate down here."

"That's good sir, since we have other things to do on Easter Weekend and May 24th Weekend," Andrew said.

Aaron asked him what he meant by that and Andrew took that opportunity to reveal that Mike would be getting enhanced at the Meaford Base in one month. Aaron congratulated Mike on that fact, and predicted that the entire Starting Offensive Line of the Hurricanes would consist of genetically enhanced players.

"If you and Carl will come with me and Andrew to the Homestead Base this Wednesday, you can get genetically enhanced then," he said to Anthony.

"Sounds great sir," Anthony said, getting a second helping of meat and potatoes. "I look forward to beating 'Super Andrew' in an arm wrestling contest soon."

Andrew grinned at him and Aaron breathed a sigh of relief: pleased that Andrew and his son were getting along so well.

After lunch, everyone got ready for the trip to the Orange Bowl Stadium, where Coach Malcolm would be supervising the practice personally. Mike's nerves had mostly been calmed by the conversation with Coach Anderson over lunch, but he still had trouble believing that he would be attending his first official practice as a Miami Hurricane in mere moments. Beside him, Andrew and his friends were also nervous, sensing that the attitude of the coaches would soon shift from encouraging to yelling.

But their fears were soon put to rest once they arrived at the Orange Bowl Stadium and found the entire Hurricanes Coaching Staff waiting for them, along with all the players.

"Welcome to your first Spring Practice for the Miami Hurricanes everyone," Coach Malcolm said. "If you'll follow us into the locker room, we'll all get changed for practice."

Andrew and his friends followed the Hurricanes into the locker room, where they all got changed for the practice. It was quite a thrill for Mike to be putting on an actual football uniform for the first time, even if it was just for a practice and not an actual game.

"Let's go everyone!" Coach Malcolm shouted, leading the way out onto the field.

All the players followed him and Mike's heart skipped a beat as he saw his dad in the stands. He realized he had to make Martin proud, so he listened carefully to the instructions of the Offensive Coordinator.

"We'll start by pairing you two up for rushing drills," the O.C. said to Andrew and Phil. "Then Carl and Rick will pair off against each other for the next set of drills."

"Who will I pair up with sir?" Mike asked him, as Andrew and Phil ran out onto the field.

"I think you and Rick should pair up," the O.C. replied.

Mike nodded and watched the action on the field carefully. He noticed that Andrew and Phil seemed to be evenly matched in strength and he also noticed how well Connor caught the passes of both Mark and Ralph.

"Good job Mike: keeping an eye on what all the players are doing," Coach Malcolm congratulated him. "As Right Tackle, it will be your job to protect the Quarterback's right side and keep an passing lane open for him to throw the ball to the reciever."

"Thanks Coach," Mike said with a big smile, relieved that he hadn't made a mistake.

After Rick and Carl, paired off, it was time for Mike to take the field for the first time ever. He and Rick ran at each other and Mike managed to knock Rick down on the first try. Rick got him back on the next drill though, so they were even by the time the drills ended.

"Okay everyone: huddle up!" Coach Malcolm shouted. Everyone gathered around him, and he said, "I think our new recruits from Orillia have earned the right to share Starting Duties with the seniors next season. Congratulations guys."

Everyone clapped for the five new Hurricanes from Orillia and Mike looked around carefully to see if any of the players who would be juniors that fall looked jealous. He was relieved to see that no jealousy was evident on the faces of the Sophomore Hurricanes.

After the practice, everyone got showered and changed before heading out of the stadium. The Hurricanes, both old and new, congratulated each other on a successful practice before heading their seperate ways.

"There now; that wasn't so bad, was it?" Andrew asked Mike.

"No it wasn't Andrew," Mike replied with a big grin. "In fact, I really enjoyed it!"

"I knew you would man," Andrew said, as they got into the limo to head back to Coach Anderson's house. "Better get a good night's sleep tonight; we have two practices tomorrow Big Guy."

Mike nodded in agreement and after supper he followed Andrew's advice by going to bed early.

The next day, the Hurricanes had two more practices: one in the early morning and one in late afternoon. Both times were scheduled to coincide with cooler temperatures so as not to cause heat exhaustion in the football players.

On Monday, the old and new Hurricanes went thier seperate ways: the new Hurricanes to South Beach and the old Hurricanes to the University of Miami campus. Andrew and Carrie went to the South Beach Modelling Agency for some photo shoots while Mike played football on the beach with Phil, Ralph, Connor and Terry.

"Didn't you have enough football this weekend?" Phil teased Mike, as he threw a perfect pass.

"I guess not Phil," Mike realized as he caught Phil's pass effortlessly. "How about you throw the ball farther and higher to give me more of a challenge?"

"I've got a better idea," Phil decided. "Throw me the ball."

Mike threw the ball to Phil and then waited to see what Phil had in mind.

"I'm going to catch my own thrown football," Phil informed his friends. He threw the ball really high into the air with a slight arc and then shouted, "See you guys on the other end of the beach!"

Mike and his friends just stared in amazement as Phil caught his own thrown football from the other end of the beach.

"How did Phil do that?" Tom asked in amazement, walking up to Mike with his friend Denny behind him.

"I think he's been watching Andrew," Mike realized. "I've seen him perform that trick a few times, even before he was enhanced!"

Tom nodded in agreement, and looked up the beach towards the South Beach Modelling Agency: wondering how Andrew was enjoying his photo shoot.

Inside the modelling agency, Andrew was enjoying himself very much: flexing all his muscles for the camera and Carrie.

"Do you think you can make these pictures into a calender for me?' Carrie asked Mr. Brooks, who was the owner of the agency.

"I think we can arrange something," Mr. Brooks agreed. He snapped his fingers and his assistants rushed forward, sorting through the prints to find the best ones for Carrie's calender. "You'll find that we always take care of our customers and clients."

"I'm glad to hear it," Carrie said. "I think I'll help your assistants pick out the right pictures for my calender."

She followed Mr. Brooks's assitants to the back room: anxious to get away from the sight of Andrew's muscles before she jumped him in front of everyone. For his part, Andrew was very pleased that he had managed to get Carrie so excited at the sight of his massive muscles, which he had gladly flexed for the camera.

About an hour later, Andrew and Carrie walked out of the South Beach Modelling Agency with Carrie's new calender and $200 for two hours work.

"I never knew fitness models made so much," Andrew said in astonishment.

"They deserve it when they're as fit as you are," Carrie purred, running her fingers slowly down his ripped chest towards his ten-pack abs.

"Careful now Carrie; eveyone's watching us," Andrew wanred her.

"Let them watch; that way they'll know that you're all mine," Carrie said with a satisfied smile as they approached their friends.

"What's in the bag Carrie?" Sue asked.

"Something that's for my eyes only Sue," Carrie replied, glancing over at Andrew with a sexy smile.

Sue nodded knowingly and didn't ask anything further. She and Carrie just watched the guys swim and surf, since the South Beach Modelling Agency had surfboards for use in some of their more extensive photo shoots.

For the rest of the day, everyone relaxed on the beach and enjoyed the sunset.

The next day was Tuesday, which along with Thursday was a day working at Coach Anderson's gym for Andrew, Carl and Phil. Coach Anderson had Phil work the front desk, since that had been Phils' job at both the OD gym and Harrington's gym back in Orillia. Andrew and Carl found themselves the personal trainers of two groups: each with four people.

That evening, Andrew and Carl worked shifts at the South Beach Club for Mr. Carlton, having gone there for fun the night before. Phil was granted an interview and an On-Job Evaluation as a bouncer, just like Andrew had been back in October.

The next day was Wednesday, which Coach Anderson had left free for the parents and the new Hurricanes to explore the city while he took Andrew, Carl and Anthony to the Homestead Base. He took the back roads to the base, starting out near the Southland Mall and turning left at a dead end where a huge forest of trees blocked the road.

Once they got to the base, Coach Malcolm confirmed that Andrew's blood sample from New Years had been synthesized into the Enhancement Serum. Anthony and Carl gave their consent to be injected with the serum, which had already been tested on soldiers from the base with great success.

Wednesday afternoon saw Coach Malcolm and the three Hurricanes return to the Miami campus, where they bought Hurricanes merchandise and footballs for Tom, Terry and Denny.

"Soon we will start selling jerseys with your name and number on it Andrew," Coach Malcolm announced. "And, just like our current players do, you will get a portion of the revenue for each sale of your merchandise."

"What about me Coach?" Mike asked, walking up to them with Terry, Tom and Denny.

"I think that once we advertise you as a successful walk-on, we should be able to sell your merchandise more quickly," Coach Malcolm said proudly. He turned to Terry and asked him, "So Terry: what do you think of Miami so far?"

"I like it a lot Coach and I'm glad that you invited me and my family down ehre for this week-long recruiting visit."

"I had to act quickly Terry: before other schools found out that you were the back-up quarterback on a Provincial Championship team," Coach Malcolm said.

Terry looked down at his 2005 Championship Ring and smiled.

"After discussing it with my family Coach, I am pleased to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Miami for the fall of 2007," he informed Coach Malcolm.

"That's good to hear Terry, but are you sure you don't want to look at other schools before making such a big decision?" Coach Malcolm asked him.

"As my parents pointed out, no other school would allow me to continue to play on the same team with my football buddies," Terry pointed out.

'Good point Terry," Coach Malcolm realized. He shook Terry's hand and added, "Welcome to the Hurricanes Terry Thompson. We'll take good care of you and I'll personally make sure that you get a full football scholarship next February."

"Thank you Coach," Terry said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"You're welcome Terry," Coach Malcolm said. He turned to Tom and Denny and said, "Unfortunately, NCAA regulations prohibit me from recruiting you guys directly until two years from now. However, provided you guys become football players next fall, I?d be happy to come watch you play: if Coach Everson invites me up to ODCVI that is. That way, your faces will be fresh in my mind and I?ll remember you when official recruiting time comes in two years.?

?Thanks a lot Coach,? Denny said. ?I really appreciate that you let us come down here and see Miami.?

?It?s an official recruiting visit for your brother and you?re accompanying him as family members, not prospects,? Coach Malcolm. ?I want that to be clear.?

?It?s clear except for one thing Coach,? Tom said. ?What?s a prospect??

?According to the NCAA Handbook, a ?prospect? (short for Prospective student-athlete) is any student who has started 9th grade,? Coach Malcolm replied.

?Even though we?re not athletes yet?? Tom asked him in surprise. Coach Malcolm nodded and Tom added, ?Well, don?t worry Coach: hopefully we will become athletes next fall.?

?Then we can become Hurricanes like our brothers in the fall of 2009,? Denny added.

Coach Malcolm nodded in agreement and then led them to the cafeteria. Outside the building, he said that he would see them again on Saturday morning at the Orange Bowl Stadium. The five teens headed inside the cafeteria for lunch, where their friends had reserved them a few tables.

After lunch, the future Hurricanes sat in on some classes with the current Hurricanes, just like Andrew and his friends had back in October. After class, everyone toured the campus some more, with Anthony as their guide, before heading home to Coach Anderson?s house.

On Thursday morning, everyone worked out in Coach Anderson?s gym. The photographers from the South Beach Modelling Agency took discrete photos of Andrew working out throughout the morning. Then everyone went outside for lunch.

That afternoon, Andrew and his friends went surfing and tubing, as well as lounging on the deck of the Anderson?s yacht. Since it was Spring Break, the waters of Biscayne Bay were covered with the boats and personal watercraft of other vacationers. Andrew and his friends had a fun ?day on the bay?, truly appreciating their chance to have Spring Break in South Beach.

That evening, everyone had fun at Mr. Carlton?s club, arriving in a couple of Coach Anderson?s white limos. Mr. Carlton gave Andrew, Anthony and Carl the evening off, since they had worked for him almost every night that week. They promised to work for him the next evening though, since Friday night was one of the busiest at the South Beach clubs.

So the next day, after relaxing and watching practice footage from the previous weekend at the Anderson?s house, the three Hurricanes fulfilled their bouncer duties at Mr. Carlton?s club. For Andrew, it would be the last time working for Mr. Carlton until late August.

As Andrew went to bed that night, he realized that after Sunday, he wouldn?t be back in Miami at all until late August: just a couple of weeks before the start of the fall semester. With that thought running through his head, it took a long time for Andrew to fall asleep.

The next morning, the second and last Saturday of March Break, Andrew and the rest of the Hurricanes were on the Orange Bowl field by 6 am. They were getting ready for the first of two Spring Practices that day. As before, the parents and friends of the football players watched from the stands. Terry, being an official recruit, watched from the bench with the freshman red-shirt players. In the stands, Tom and Denny watched their football heroes carefully, looking forward to playing on the Hurricanes practice field in another three years.

?I can?t believe that the two of us might get a chance to be Miami Hurricanes in three-and-a-half years!? Denny shouted to Tom in excitement.

?Believe it Denny; Coach Malcolm told us himself that we?d get that chance,? Tom said quietly.

Denny nodded in agreement and silently hoped that he?d become as big and strong as his older brother Phil. Then he could become an offensive lineman for the Miami Hurricanes in the fall of 2009. For his part, Tom was looking forward to becoming a Quarterback like his brother Terry.

Once the practice was over, the Hurricanes showered and changed and then joined Coach Malcolm upstairs in the President?s Skybox. There, they found that the Hurricanes staff had laid out a huge feast for lunch.

?We don?t just expect a lot out of you; we give a lot to you as well,? Coach Malcolm informed his players. ?Eat up everyone and then have a nap for a few hours. The next practice starts at 4 pm, so get your rest now while you can. After lunch, I?ll be in my office preparing the second practice of the day. At 3:30, I?ll come back up here and wake you guys up.?

Andrew and his friends nodded in agreement: realizing after that morning?s gruelling practice that NCAA Two-a-Days were a lot tougher than ODCVI football practices.

After lunch, while the Hurricanes slept on the pull-out couches in the skybox, the parents took the opportunity to chat with Coaches Anderson and Malcolm about their kids? futures. Coach Anderson assured the parents that they could stay over at his house every time they come down for games.

Chad remarked that since the recruiting visits would be over once March Break was, he would use one of his company?s private jets for future trips down to Miami.

?That?s a good idea Chad,? Coach Malcolm agreed. ?Considering what you just told me, you might as well give the four open-ended plane tickets to the Thompson family.?

?Consider it done Coach,? Chad said, pulling the tickets out of their envelope and handing to Mrs. Thompson.

?Thanks Chad,? Mrs. Thompson said. ?This will certainly help for the next recruiting visit.?

Chad nodded and Coach Malcolm said, ?Thanks for following my suggestion Chad. While it?s flattering that so many people from Orillia want to play for the Hurricanes, it does get tiring hosting more than 20 people down here over and over. This way, just the Thompsons can come down her again before summer.?

?Don?t worry Coach; Terry is the last recruit from Orillia for now,? Mrs. Thompson assured Coach Malcolm. ?Even if Tom and Denny become football players this fall, they still won?t be officially recruit able for another two years.?

?That?s true: Terry arrives in the fall of 2007 and Tom and Denny won?t be coming here until the fall of 2009,? Coach Malcolm agreed.

Mrs. Thompson nodded in agreement and continued discussing her sons? future with Coach Malcolm while Chad chatted with the other parents.

At 3:30 pm, the coaches woke up the Hurricanes and ushered them into the locker room to get ready for their late afternoon football practice.

"This is the last practice for you guys until August," Coach Malcolm said to Andrew and his friends.

"At least down here sir," Andrew reminded his coach. "Now that we know some of your plays, we can always practice them on our own to get ready for football in the fall."

"Now that's what I like about you Andrew: your brains!" Coach Malcolm shouted in excitement.

"Thanks Coach," Andrew said quietly. He stood up in his Hurricanes practice uniform and said, "Well, I'm all ready for practice. Let's go."

All the other Hurricanes, who were dressed for practice as well, followed Andrew and Coach Malcolm out onto the field.

"I seem to be the center of attention here just like at home," Andrew commented to Anthony.

"Of course you're the center of attention Andrew, since you play the center position on the field!" Anthony teased him.

Andrew glared at him and then headed to the bench to watch the First String players practice.

?Have you enjoyed your March Break in Miami Terry?? he asked his smaller friend.

?Yes I have Andrew,? Terry replied.

?And you?re sure that Miami is the school you want to go to in the fall of 2007?? Andrew asked him.

?Yes I am Andrew,? Terry replied. He motioned for Andrew to lean close and then whispered in his ear, "I?m just worried that other schools may have caught onto the fact that I was a back-up quarterback on the Provincial Championship team. If that?s true, I may find messages from other coaches waiting when I get home.?

?That may be true Terry, but don?t worry about that now,? Andrew advised him. ?Keep your attention on this football practice.?

Terry nodded in agreement and did as Andrew had ordered. When it was their turn to join the practice, Terry found that the attention he had paid to the Hurricane?s drills served him well.

?Good job everyone,? Coach Malcolm said to the Hurricanes after the practice was over. ?I?m glad you took my advice and slept after lunch; that rest obviously did you a lot of good. We?ll get together on this field for practice next Saturday at 6 am. You?re all dismissed until then.?

Everyone clapped and cheered and then headed for the locker room to get showered and changed. Once those tasks had been completed, everyone headed for the vehicles that had brought them all to the football practice.

?Your friends don?t seem to mind us continually showing up to football practice in your dad?s limos Anthony,? Andrew said.

?That?s because they have been able to ride to a few practices in those limos,? Anthony informed his big friend.

?Good point Anthony,? Andrew agreed, as they got into one of the limos.

?It should be Andrew; I?m almost as smart as you are,? Anthony informed him.

?My IQ is 150; what?s yours Big Guy?? Andrew asked suddenly.

?140 Andrew,? Anthony replied, as the limo began to move.

?Good for you man,? Andrew said.

Once they got back to Anthony's home, Andrew and his friends went into the main house for supper.

?When?s your flight tomorrow Andrew?? Coach Anderson asked as Andrew walked in the front door.

?Whenever you say it is sir; we?re flying home on your private jet,? Andrew replied.

?Sorry about asking that Andrew; I forgot,? Aaron apologized.

?No problem sir; it?s been a long week,? Andrew said. Aaron looked at him sharply and Andrew hastily added, ?But it?s also been fun sir.?

?I hope so Andrew, because even though being a Hurricane is a lot of hard work, it?s also a lot of fun,? Aaron said.

?I certainly found that out this week sir, and I can?t wait to come down here in the fall and get into the full swing of things,? Andrew said.

Aaron smiled and nodded; pleased that Andrew?s weeklong recruiting visit had turned out well.

The next day was Sunday: the last day of March Break for Andrew, his friends, and their parents. After a good night?s sleep in Aaron?s guesthouses, everyone from Orillia got washed and dressed before having breakfast in the main house.

?I think I?ll take you guys home just after lunch so I can get back here for supper,? Aaron decided.

?Actually, why don?t you and Anthony spend the night at our house?? Chad asked him. ?It?s the least we can do to repay your hospitality. Anthony?s never seen Orillia before, has he??

?No he hasn?t Chad,? Aaron replied, as his wife and kids entered the dining room.

"Then today seems like as good a day as any to show him the city," Chad said. "Besides, I have a few things to discuss with you and so does Colonel Mitchell, so we need our US VP of Operations in Orillia for a few days."

"I can speak to Coach Anderson and see if he'll give you a few days off Anthony," Aaron sugested. "I think I know where you're going with this Chad: you want your doctors to closely examine Anthony in the first stages of genetic enhancement. That way you can sure the procedure was successful."

"That's true Aaron," Chad agreed. "Also, Anthony is the biggest and strongest person we have enhanced, except perhaps for Sergeant Stevenson. So we need to have him up in Orillia to make sure that he can learn to handle his superhuman strength."

"That sounds like a lot of fun," Anthony said, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "What do you have in mind?"

"Some strength tests like the ones Mike's uncle invented for Andrew back in October," Chad replied. "Also, we can pay a visit to Margaret's cottage, or house, to get some enhanced weights for Anthony."

"Great ideas Dad!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "And maybe on Weekend, we can repay the Anderson's hospitality by inviting them up to Orillia for the weekend. Anthony should be strong enough by then to go through some of the strength tests I went through in December at Meaford and he can meet my military friends as well."

"Excellent ideas Andrew," Chad agreed. "The Andersons could also come up to Orillia with reports from the Homestead Base describing the effects of the enhancement on American soldiers. That way, Colonel Mitchell can compare them to the effects on his own soldiers and make sure the Enhancement Procedure is proceeding on schedule."

Once Aaron realized all the plans that Chad had for the newly enhanced Anthony, he asked, ?Do you guys have anything further you want to do in Miami today?? When everyone shook their heads, Aaron asked, ?Then how about we take you to Orillia right after breakfast? That way we can get everything done sooner and Anthony won?t miss as many classes.?

?Sounds good to me Aaron; what do you two think?? Chad asked, turning to Anthony and Andrew. When they nodded their agreement, Chad turned back to Aaron and said, ?It sounds like we have the rest of the day planned out Aaron. We?ll get packed right after breakfast and then we can get going. It?s a good thing we use private jets exclusively now so that last minute changes like this can be accommodated.?

Aaron nodded in agreement and continued eating, once Mrs. Anderson assured him that she and Amber would be fine staying at home. But she informed him that she looked forward to seeing Orillia one Easter Weekend.

After breakfast, everyone got packed while Aaron called Coach Malcolm to fill him in on the plans for the day and possibly the rest of the week. Alan Malcolm suggested that Aaron use the trip to Orillia to recruit more players for the Hurricanes, perhaps by talking to Coach Everson.

Once Aaron was done with the phone call, he finished packing and then headed out to the driveway, where everyone else was loading their luggage into the limos.

?You didn?t have to do it yourselves everyone; that?s why we have chauffeurs,? Aaron said.

?Many hands make light work and they also save time sir,? Andrew pointed out.

?Good point Andrew,? Aaron agreed, putting his own suitcase in the trunk. He looked around and noticed that everyone else?s luggage was already packed in the limos. ?It looks like we?re ready to go everyone.? Everyone nodded in agreement, and Aaron turned to hug his wife and daughter. ?Anthony and I will be back in a few days dear.?

?Take care you two and don?t get in any fights with anyone Anthony, especially not Steve and Darrel!? Mrs. Anderson said.

?Don?t worry Mrs. Anderson; I?ll make sure there?s no trouble,? Andrew assured her. ?I?m still the strongest enhanced human, so I can keep your son under control.?

Anthony glared at him but then realized that since he had a bad temper, Andrew?s statement had been necessary. So when he got into the limo beside Andrew, he thanked him for what he had said.

?No problem man; I know what it?s like to have a bad temper,? Andrew assured him as the limo began to move. ?There was no one stronger than me to keep me under control back in October; that?s why Dr. Johnson refined the serum to eliminate any emotional side effects.?

Anthony grinned at his big friend: pleased that Andrew had thought of everything to make his trip to Orillia a success.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options