The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas Got a great idea for a muscle growth story or want to share some of your growth fantasies? Post them here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tautomer4314's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Chemist

tautomer4314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tautomer4314 Send a message via MSN to tautomer4314 Send a message via Yahoo to tautomer4314
Need Help With A Science-based Plot?

Need help with a science based plot for a story, ask me!

I figured I'd put myself out there in this regard. I have a degree in chemistry, will be starting grad school for organic chemistry in the fall. I'll be focusing on synthesis, and I got a strong background in it. In otherwords, I know a ton about drugs, and how they work in the body . Might as well put some use to this in some way.

If you're ever stuck with some kind of part of your story that pertains to some kind of chemical, physical, biological factor, shoot me a message. I can help you out some, and let you know if what your idea is, is at the very least believeable. Cause lets face it, sometimes stories can be a bit too unrealistic .

"I know, the void. The void, knows me. It keeps us weak, the void told me."
-Planningtorock (Janine Rostron)
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tautomer4314 View Post
Need help with a science based plot for a story, ask me!

I figured I'd put myself out there in this regard. I have a degree in chemistry, will be starting grad school for organic chemistry in the fall. I'll be focusing on synthesis, and I got a strong background in it. In otherwords, I know a ton about drugs, and how they work in the body . Might as well put some use to this in some way.

If you're ever stuck with some kind of part of your story that pertains to some kind of chemical, physical, biological factor, shoot me a message. I can help you out some, and let you know if what your idea is, is at the very least believeable. Cause lets face it, sometimes stories can be a bit too unrealistic .
Could I ask (just out of professional curiosity) is it possible to someone to not be affected by a drug? (The reason I ask is that a lot of people in the UK are being told to not take cold remedies as a way of combating MRSA in hospital)
  #3   Add to tautomer4314's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Chemist

tautomer4314 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tautomer4314 Send a message via MSN to tautomer4314 Send a message via Yahoo to tautomer4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
Could I ask (just out of professional curiosity) is it possible to someone to not be affected by a drug? (The reason I ask is that a lot of people in the UK are being told to not take cold remedies as a way of combating MRSA in hospital)
It would have to be a very very special case, and likely for a very special genetic disease of some kind. The vast majority of drugs work by interacting with various active sites on proteins. If the protein in question is not present, the drug does nothing. This is why you can spray yourself with round up, and not die like a weed does (although I don't recommend you try that); because the protein it targets is simply not there. I can not think of any particular example of any human genetic disorder that would render a drug useless. However, I am certain that it does happen.

The reason you're getting recommendations to not to take cold drugs is it can cause mrsa to become more common by simple evolution of microorganizms. At least I think so, my microbiology is a bit rusty and I think I've confused mrsa with something else. Either way, this is also a reason why doctors always say to finish all your antibiotics.

"I know, the void. The void, knows me. It keeps us weak, the void told me."
-Planningtorock (Janine Rostron)
  #4   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Doesn't MRSA commonly colonize in the nasal passages? I seem to remember having to smear Bactroban up my nostrils, at least once when I was hospitalized.

So, I wonder if the advisory against cold medications maybe has something to do with how they affect the upper respiratory, the sinuses, etc.?

...Just a theory based on not much of anything, tho. So, assume I'm wrong unless demonstrated otherwise.
  #5   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Good screen name for a chemist. You'd come in handy if someone wanted to tautermerize their myostatin gene, and make their muscle denser, thicker and vastly superior any mere pro bber.
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I like making it up! Kinda like when Lisa Kudrow (Michele Weinberger) described how she invented post-it notes in "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion!" :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:50 AM

I'd keep participating in this thread, but I cut my hand earlier and my keyboard is filling up with blood.
  #8   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:58 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypup2train View Post
Doesn't MRSA commonly colonize in the nasal passages? I seem to remember having to smear Bactroban up my nostrils, at least once when I was hospitalized.

So, I wonder if the advisory against cold medications maybe has something to do with how they affect the upper respiratory, the sinuses, etc.?

...Just a theory based on not much of anything, tho. So, assume I'm wrong unless demonstrated otherwise.

Yes and no, pup...MRSA attacks any open wound (I know someone that had a pimple on the back of his legs that evolved into a MRSA infection).

Cold/sinus medicines can cause the sinuses to dry up so much that the tissue cracks (and even bleeds) providing an open wound for MRSA to attack when some breaths infected air.
  #9   Add to Semigloss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM

Semigloss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tautomer4314 View Post
If you're ever stuck with some kind of part of your story that pertains to some kind of chemical, physical, biological factor, shoot me a message. I can help you out some, and let you know if what your idea is, is at the very least believeable. Cause lets face it, sometimes stories can be a bit too unrealistic.
So what are the most believable ways to grow muscles quickly? Obviously science knows of no actual way to do it, but aside from that, how could it be done?

I'm especially thinking about a story where a guy gets the ability to grow at will from some hand-held gizmo that he finds. I was just going to make it magic, but if it could have a grain of plausibility, that would be even better.

Last edited by Semigloss; July 14th, 2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Fixing typo
  #10   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
heh, I just wrote a short story that dealt with a guy getting injected with a serum and getting muscle growth. I have a fair knowledge of chemistry too, but my story is basically fantasy. It seems like some want the story to continue though, so if I decide to take it in a direction where the serum has to be explained, I'll know where to go
  #11   Add to Semigloss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Now I'm thinking of possibly using some sort of parasite that latches onto the genitals. What does science have to offer on how that might cause muscle growth?
  #12   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semigloss View Post
Now I'm thinking of possibly using some sort of parasite that latches onto the genitals. What does science have to offer on how that might cause muscle growth?
Science fiction is great, because you can pretty much say A does B and it works.

For example, this parasite could work its way into the testes/around them, and feeds off of testosterone production - so it forces the host's body to produce more testosterone. That in itself would cause some changes, combined with the aggression and need to do something would make the host crave weight lifting or fighting.
  #13   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semigloss View Post
So what are the most believable ways to grow muscles quickly? Obviously science knows of know actual way to do it, but aside from that, how could it be done?
An example of scientifically plausible (if not "possible") magic-formula rapid muscle growth: LuvsMusl's "The process". (Also in the MGS Archive, in 2 parts.)

...Mostly, because he addresses the nutrition issue / doesn't stomp all over conservation-of-mass.
  #14   Add to Xander's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:20 AM

Xander is on a distinguished road
Regarding parasites: One of my favourite tf aspects, actually. I have a lot of fantasies about these.

I understand that this is a very strange idea, and there's probably a MUCH better way of explaining it, but I've been meaning to respond for a while but I couldn't find the right way to put it, so I'm explaining it like this.

One idea that leant itself more towards the muscle growth idea, was worms. Let me explain: The worms, considering their size are packed full of muscle, or at least energy. Typical worms drill themselves through tons of earth and are always on the move. One idea I had involved alien worms entering a man's penis and connecting to a special area at the base of the balls. Once there their bodies no long have to move, since they control the host, and instead all of that energy is directed into the body of the man they control. So the guy would become muscular and have more energy. The worms treat the male body like a husk fit for whatever purpose they give it. I even had a whole idea regarding a plot about how humans were originally designed by these sophisticated worms long ago and set into evolutionary motion so that they could use us in the future. The "war" they were in didn't go in their favour and they were driven to near-extinction, while man grew and evolved without their interference. All references to a "god" could be the little knowledge of them left over that man passed down and adapted to give us hope.

I never got a chance to explore the idea much, especially considering the fact that I have other such stories that are more "complete" in terms of ideas, but I still haven't written much.

The problem with parasites is, many I write tend to be gradual invasion stories full of intrigue, so mass muscle growth, aside from maybe setting a bunch on some jocks (which is also something fun I fantasise about), wouldn't work too well when you want to blend in. Of course they want to keep their hosts healthy, but sudden muscle growth just wouldn't be a good idea.

P.S. I'm having a bit of a "mental-block" day, so my ability to type and explain is worse than usual, believe it or not. That and the fact that typing on here seems to lag a bit.
A nerdy English bloke who wants to be a decent author someday. I sometimes wish that I could be some big, dumb American jock who thinks with his dick and only cares about scoring on the field and in bed.
  #15   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Regarding parasites: One of my favourite tf aspects, actually. I have a lot of fantasies about these.

I understand that this is a very strange idea, and there's probably a MUCH better way of explaining it, but I've been meaning to respond for a while but I couldn't find the right way to put it, so I'm explaining it like this.

One idea that leant itself more towards the muscle growth idea, was worms. Let me explain: The worms, considering their size are packed full of muscle, or at least energy. Typical worms drill themselves through tons of earth and are always on the move. One idea I had involved alien worms entering a man's penis and connecting to a special area at the base of the balls. Once there their bodies no long have to move, since they control the host, and instead all of that energy is directed into the body of the man they control. So the guy would become muscular and have more energy. The worms treat the male body like a husk fit for whatever purpose they give it. I even had a whole idea regarding a plot about how humans were originally designed by these sophisticated worms long ago and set into evolutionary motion so that they could use us in the future. The "war" they were in didn't go in their favour and they were driven to near-extinction, while man grew and evolved without their interference. All references to a "god" could be the little knowledge of them left over that man passed down and adapted to give us hope.

I never got a chance to explore the idea much, especially considering the fact that I have other such stories that are more "complete" in terms of ideas, but I still haven't written much.

The problem with parasites is, many I write tend to be gradual invasion stories full of intrigue, so mass muscle growth, aside from maybe setting a bunch on some jocks (which is also something fun I fantasise about), wouldn't work too well when you want to blend in. Of course they want to keep their hosts healthy, but sudden muscle growth just wouldn't be a good idea.

P.S. I'm having a bit of a "mental-block" day, so my ability to type and explain is worse than usual, believe it or not. That and the fact that typing on here seems to lag a bit.

Ok...Saturday morning and I'm winging this but your idea is one that's always interested me. Two possible solutions to thwart your "having to fit in" premise are:

1) Maybe it takes the parasite a "training" period to control his effect on the human body...that opens up the route to losing control at some innopportune times and hulking out (say, during SEX and transmission of eggs?). Or,
2) It's a generational thing...the first generation of parasite knows it's purpose and is disciplined about the changes it makes in the host body. HOWEVER, the next generation is a little less in tune with the "parents'" purpose and goes a little wild...enjoys a taste of "freedom" and creates a real dilemma for the parent.

Just some thoughts of the top of a groggy head.
  #16   Add to Semigloss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The problem with parasites is, many I write tend to be gradual invasion stories full of intrigue, so mass muscle growth, aside from maybe setting a bunch on some jocks wouldn't work too well when you want to blend in.
There are ways around such problems! Just think of it from the point of view of the invaders instead of from the author's point of view. You're not trying to tell a good story, you are trying to conquer Earth.

It's unfortunate that when you enter a body it suffers an obvious change, but you gaining enormous strength is a pretty good compensation. So you can't leave your new host in his former life, but you can make him disappear so no one can guess what happened to him. You can build a secret army of soldiers superior to any human soldier and gather them in hidden camps.

You can enlist humans to your cause to act as spies. You can promise them rewards when you take over, such as money, or you can even claim that your muscular bodies are the result of some secret drug or process (with no aliens involved) and then use that to promise to give the human fools muscles in exchange for cooperation. Even if they betray you, they don't know about the aliens, and you have the muscles to break any mere human into pieces.
  #17   Add to Xander's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Xander is on a distinguished road
See, in the beginning the parasites would be low in number and more at risk. They would be clever enough generally to survey the situation and act accordingly. As their numbers grow they can begin to be more brave and have their host act out of character, but they need to control themselves to some degree for their takeover to work.

Maybe it's just the way I write and the way my parasites tend to work?

I did have a concept for where one of the parasites many enemies comes to earth in the form of a harsh metal mask. I called them The Enforcers: basically advanced cybernetic robots, if you will, that can control many living beings and warp them to their cause if need be. One of them gets onto the face of the protagonists friends (who isn't controlled by this point) and he basically hulks out with wires and metal overcoming him, like many of the fantasies people on here have. Amazingly enough I'm not always into these types of tf's, but here it just "works" for me.

Unique to the Enforcers is that they are strong enough to kill the parasites, but usually the, often innocent, hosts they are attached to die in the process. This also isn't helped by the fact that they've never controlled humans before. The controlled character almost kills his friend (though I won't spoil why), but human emotion fights back and overcomes the Enforcers programming, freeing the friend.

That's just one of many little ideas for "episodes" I had. I also tend to like to focus on all different people and their encounters with the parasites. Watching them fall or seeing those around them gradually falling under control. Many of them realising something is up, but the parasites being clever enough to make the humans second guess themselves so that they easily fall prey.

Some of these characters might be a bit one-shot and maybe I could include them somewhere later. I really like this "alternative views on a war" thing. Giving the main characters their story and splashing in the struggles of others.

This is part of the reason I never finish anything, other than the fact that most of it sucks, because I'm that much of a perfectionist and I like writing something huge and complete. A real world the reader can get sucked into.
A nerdy English bloke who wants to be a decent author someday. I sometimes wish that I could be some big, dumb American jock who thinks with his dick and only cares about scoring on the field and in bed.
  #18   Add to Semigloss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
As their numbers grow they can begin to be more brave and have their host act out of character, but they need to control themselves to some degree for their takeover to work.
In real life, no matter how strangely a person behaves, no matter how out-of-character for a human being, it is extremely rare for anyone to decide that this stranger is a space alien. An alien would barely even need to pretend to be human, and as long as it avoids anyone from the host's human life, detection as alien is all but impossible. People would just think that he is a strange person acting normally, not a normal person acting strangely.

Quote:
This is part of the reason I never finish anything, other than the fact that most of it sucks, because I'm that much of a perfectionist and I like writing something huge and complete. A real world the reader can get sucked into.
I very much agree. It's just too much of a shame to start something and not finish it. I almost always finish a thing before I reveal it to anyone, just in case I never end up finishing it. I'm certainly hoping to eventually get some MG written for this forum, but I'm still tossing around so many incomplete ideas that it's hard to know if anything will ever come of them.
  #19   Add to BSUguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM

BSUguy is on a distinguished road
The parasite idea would be interesting. As for the 'how does it make you bigger' aspect, the idea of a pure increase testosterone production is a solid base but it needs more in depth support. My suggestion would be that the parasite firstly produces some form of Prion that changes the protein structures in the human. Secondly, the parasite should release a pseudo-virus that acts as a DNA remodeler, ensuring that the parasite has a more comfortable living space inside our bodies. Thirdly, after it has made suitable living arrangements inside our body, it will join with the host, in which the real transformation will begin. After that, the parasite will just be another organ in our bodies that releases the copious Amount of testosterone and other chemicals unique to the parasite needed to change the human into a muscle beast or what have you.
This works in theory, though I am glad to hear your thoughts since I'm not the one writing.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by BSUguy; July 16th, 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Broken post

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options