The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to XXLTank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM

XXLTank has disabled reputation
First cycle

Thinking about doing a cycle but don't know anyone who could get me the stuff. Has anyone else been in this situation and if so, how did you find someone?

XT
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2005, 04:10 AM

traveller
One strategy is to work out in gyms where 'serious' bodybuilders work out and get to know them. Train there religiously, and discuss training and your bodybuilding goals with other members. You may find a source who'll sell you some steroids, but there's a good chance you'll be ripped off, i.e., grossly inflated prices, taking money without providing goods, fake steroids or very poor quality steroids.

Another strategy is to frequent bodybuilding/anabolic steroid boards to find online pharmacies or drug suppliers that will ship steroids to your home. There's a good chance you'll be ripped off, and your government may seize your package(s). Word of mouth helps you get consumer feedback about these sites.

You can find people who are prescribed the drugs you want, and find out if they'll sell their prescription drugs to you. In the San Francisco Bay Area, there are numerous people who receive steroids to combat AIDS-related problems. Some of these people sell their prescription drugs to make some money on the side.

You also can visit countries that sell steroids over the counter and take them there or bring them home. Spending a few months in Thailand on vacation to bulk up is a dream of mine. Taking countraband items home entails consequences you should be willing to accept.

There are other ways of getting what you want. People have described their quest for steroids online. Try using Google to find the data you want.

Good luck,

Traveller

P.S. Asking a blatant question about obtaining steroid sources at the gym or online in public forums is often frowned upon. You should be discrete about your quest.

P.P.S. No, I don't know a steroid source who can provide you with steroids. Don't waste your breath asking me.
  #3   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2005, 05:46 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
In the UK the situation seems to be alot easier than the US as possession or using steroids here is not a crime but dealing is (and even then I don't think the police are hugely bothered from what I gather).

I would second the idea of going to a decent gym and working out there for a while (so don't start asking questions on your first or even 6th visit as they will assume I presume you are a not very undercover cop).

I have found as well that in the UK I have met alot of people initially on line and then later face to face who are taking stuff (see my other comments on other threads). There does not seem to be much of a culture here of covering up what people are doing. Most guys I have talked to have been surprisingly honest either without asking or after asking. In fact I have realised that almost anyone I credit with a good body is on stuff (which is clearly working).

I would personally not trust anything online. I think nobody is going to reveal a good source on line as they don't know if you exist as a real person or whether you indeed are a cop or whatever. These sorts of things are done face to face and generally rely on people trusting each other. You effectively need to be introdroduced personally by someone to a dealer. They are not going to advertise themselves and take orders like a shop.
  #4   Add to XXLTank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:05 AM

I'm not looking for a source online - I'm interested to know how people found their first source.
  #5   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2005, 06:26 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Sources Offline.

For sources offline, the ONLY way I know and trust is from other bodybuilders that I've made relationships with. Online ordering has gotten too dangerous. I remember the good old days when you could get little blue pills from friends at the gym who just carried them in their gym bags. Those days are long gone!
Good luck.
  #6   Add to XXLTank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:57 AM

How do you approach someone? What do you say? Would it offend them?
  #7   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:38 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Bodybuilders are humans too.

How do you approach a bodybuilder? The same as you would anyone else. We're human. When someone wants to befriend us or even say hi, we're usually pretty receptive. Gaining trust is the same thing as EARNING trust. Before you begin asking about "supplements" you must gain their trust. Above all, be honest. Tell him that you want to gain size followed by a compliment, "like you." Bodybuilders usually have very fragile egos (unless they are seasoned at taking criticism) but that works both ways; they die when given negative criticism but glow when given positive criticism. I guess the first words I would use, and have used in the past, run along the line of, "Damn, you look great." If he's receptive and accepts the compliment, I might even follow up with, "Are you going to be competing soon?" And if that doesn't work...move on.
  #8   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:23 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
As dallasmsl has indicated, it takes a time. A lot of time to earn people's trust and friendship and for you to trust them that they won't just take your money and scam you.

I wouild also highly recommend that you do a ton of research on your own. Compounds, ancillaries, dosing schemes, how they work, side effects, how to combat them and what you can expect from a cycle to name a few. There is lots of conflicting information out there and you want to understand it so you can make an informed choice.

While you are doing the research, you can cultivate that trust.
[color=#000000]Ancillaries[/color]
  #9   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM

yes take ur time. I was surprised how quickly after a long wait that alot of people came out the woodwork at the same time. You have to be able to trust people and that is a very personal thing as to how long that takes.

In some gyms it is pretty obvious where everyone is getting their stuff eg the owner or a particular person.
  #10   Add to XXLTank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM

Thanks for the replies men.

I'm just worried about approaching some guy and the gym and him thinking I'm coming on to him - 'Darn you look great' mightn't work at my gym. I suppose I should try being friendly first before just asking.

I'll let you know how I get on.

XT
  #11   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM

Well I think the key thing is to be subtle but clear. I think if people have seen u around for a while and you don't seem out of place then people may be more upfront. I know a mate who once he did start training full on and actually started taking stuff and thereby grew alot he then found all sorts of people offering to help.
  #12   Add to Gastrocnemius's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:56 PM

Gastrocnemius is on a distinguished road
"Damn, you look hot! Er, I mean great--Like in a totally hetero way, dude"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXLTank
Thanks for the replies men.

I'm just worried about approaching some guy and the gym and him thinking I'm coming on to him - 'Darn you look great' mightn't work at my gym. I suppose I should try being friendly first before just asking.

I'll let you know how I get on.

XT
I dunno how gay it sounds, but something simple like, "I want my arms to look like yours. What kind of program are you on, because you're really getting results"..

Of course, if you're watching him like a stalker in the gym already, he'll wonder why you're ASKING what sort of program he's on

Love that eye candy

Maybe also, "You're getting huge!".... Then ask about diet, or cardio...

I think most hetero men don't mind being admired in a non-lascivious way, by men or women. If it sounds trashy, I doubt it'd be welcome whether the recipient be a man or a woman.

If instead, it's in admiration of someone's hard work, I would guess it'd almost always be welcome.

I've asked guys about their low bodyfat before, mentioned their vascularity, and whether they were naturally vascular, or were training, or something. Ya know, if it's serious enquiry, most people <in my experience> will be happy to be appreciated for their hard work and want to start a conversation...

-Gast

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options