The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Davey's Destiny - Part 4

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

? Four ?

I dropped a slice of provolone on top of the roast beef. A good looking sandwich, but it needed something. Pickles? Yeah, that was it.

I opened up the refrigerator, hunted down the jar. I struggled with the lid, gripping hard and straining with the effort, but the damned thing felt welded on.

A pair of powerful hands, now bigger than mine, gently took it from me. Davey twisted the lid away with one, easy movement, then handed me the jar. "Hey," he said, meeting my gaze briefly, then looking down at his feet.

Although we?d come to an understanding of sorts yesterday, all that emotion had left Davey and I feeling a little awkward around each other. "Hey."

He?d put on a shirt today. Since he started growing, he usually liked to go without. The material stretched tautly over his bulging pecs, his delts were almost too large for the shirt to contain. Pretty soon he?d need new clothes. Again.

Keeping his head slightly bowed, Davey chanced a glance up at me. "You slept late today. A lot later than usual."

Yesterday, and the whole week leading up to it, had taken a lot out of me. I set the jar on the kitchen counter, fished out some pickle slices with a fork. "Yeah. But it?s Saturday, so it?s okay, right?"

He nodded, although he looked uncertain. "I... I guess I?ll go play outside or something."

"You want some of this sandwich?"

His head came all the way up. "I already ate."

I took a knife, sliced the sandwich in half on the diagonal. "I know." I picked up my half and pushed the plate toward him. "I also know that you?re always hungry these days."

He stared at the plate a second, then back at me. "Justin, I?m? "

"Hey," I said, gently cutting him off as I put my hand on his shoulder. I tried not to be shocked by its new size and hardness, different from even yesterday. "What you said when we got back from the doctor?s office, you meant that?"

He nodded.

"Then you don?t have to say it again. We?re okay, Davey."

"Really?"

"Really." He still looked uncertain, and I pulled a stool for him. "Go ahead, eat."

Davey pulled himself up to the counter, then took a huge bite out of his sandwich.

I leaned back against the fridge, smiling softly as I ate at a much slower pace. The boy sitting there didn?t look anything like the one I used to know. But the mannerisms were still there, as well as his almost giddy enthusiasm for life. My brother... and it felt so good to know that I would never stop loving him.

I was only halfway through my sandwich when he finished his. "Want me to make you another one?"

He pushed his plate away, shook his head.

"Want a glass of juice, or something?"

"Okay."

I poured him a glass of orange juice and went back to my sandwich.

Davey took a sip, didn?t look at me when he spoke. "Justin?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I know you don?t want to talk about it, but I had a question. It?s been in my head since... it?s been there all week."

I finished my sandwich, brushed my hands off in the sink, and then took a seat next to Davey. "Ask away."

"If..." His fists clenched, his fingers began to turn white from the pressure. "If I had asked you to go to the bathroom with me, to see how much we both weighed, would you have come?"

Tricky situation, here. Part of me just wanted to spare him any more pain, offer whatever platitudes I could think of to make him feel better. But, in the long run, that would probably do more harm than good. "Listen, Davey... The truth is, I was pretty curious about that too. If you had asked, I would have told you to let me finish my workout, then I would have followed you up those stairs. No hesitation."

He looked up at me, his blue eyes shimmering. "I just thought... It was the fastest way to get you up there."

"It was, at that. But ?fastest? doesn?t always means ?best?, does it? You didn?t like what happened afterward, did you?"

His shoulders hitched as he hiccupped. "I thought I broke you. I saw you on the floor, and when you looked at me, your eyes were so dead. And the deadness never really went away. I thought... I thought..."

I reached out, wiped a tear from his face with my thumb. "How do my eyes look now, Davey?"

He blinked more tears back as he stared at me. Then he slipped off the stool and laid his head on my chest, slid his hard arms around my body.

I bit back a hiss as he squeezed me tight. My body was still a mess, still bruised from everything that had happened earlier. But I didn?t want to take this away from him, didn?t want to cause him anymore pain. So I held him, stroked the landscape of his broad back, and didn?t say a word.

When he finally pulled back, an embarrassed smile shaped his mouth as he sniffled. "Sorry," he said, rubbing at his nose with his fingers.

I picked up a napkin and handed it to him. "Don?t be. I?m here anytime you want another one of those."

His smile widened, turning him into an 8 year-old again. "I want to see something... if it?s okay with you."

"Yeah? And what?s that?"

"I want to see how much we weigh now."

The statement confused me. "But Dr. Harris just weighed you yesterday."

"I know. I want to start over with you, Justin."

Starting over. A pretty deep concept for a little kid. What was going on inside that head? "Alright," I said, standing up. "Lead the way."

I followed him up the stairs, trying not to stare at the muscles working clearly underneath his shirt, the hamstrings bunching and flexing through his jeans. I?d never seen so much power in a human being, and it was locked away in my baby brother.

He glanced back at me, then again a couple steps later. In fact, he glanced back every few seconds, checking to see if I was still behind him.

"Davey, I?m not going anywhere."

He hesitated, then jogged up the remained steps and disappeared into the bathroom.

He was already standing on the scale when I walked in.

"I weigh two hundred and six pounds," he said proudly.

I frowned and peered at the little window to check his numbers. "You?ve gained 3 pounds since yesterday?"

"I told you I?m always growing." He hopped off the scale and started to reach for me, then linked his hands behind his back. "Your turn."

A faint smile touched my lips as I stepped onto the scale. "151."

"What?" He ran forward, looked down at the scale and then up at me. "You lost five pounds?"

My hand went to my stomach. "I haven?t had much of an appetite lately."

"It was b-because of me, wasn?t it? You stopped eating because of me."

I ruffled his hair. "It was stress, a lot of which I put on myself. Don?t blame yourself, Davey."

His anxiety spiked. "You shouldn?t have let me eat your sandwich, Justin!"

"Relax, pipsqueak. When I?m hungry, I?ll just make myself another one."

He crossed his arms and looked away, his lower lip thrust out. "You shouldn?t call me pipsqueak. I?m 55 pounds heavier than you."

I didn?t know whether to be amused or scared. Thankfully, the phone rang and saved me from having to make that decision.

Davey bolted out of the room. "I?ll get it!"

Man, he was fast! If he were a cartoon, there?d be a smoke outline where his body had been.

Thirty seconds later I heard Davey?s heavy steps pounding the hallway as he ran back into the bathroom. "It?s for you," he said, handing me the cordless phone.

I took the phone and held it to my ear. "Hello? Oh, hey, Brad. What?s up? Really? That?s cool. Nah. Alright then. See you later."

"What did Brad want?" asked Davey as I turned off the phone.

"Some of the guys are getting together to hang out at the mall. Catch a movie, eat some junk food, that kind of thing."

His face fell. "Oh. What time will you be back?"

I grinned. "Who said I was going?"

His hope was cautious, but he couldn?t hide his excitement. "You?re staying home today?"

"That?s the plan. Did you have anything special you wanted to do?"

"Oh!" He grabbed my hand, nearly pulling my arm out of its socket as he dragged me out of the bathroom. "We could play Clue!" he said, heading toward his room. Then he changed direction, this time toward the stairs. "Or maybe video games!" Then, yet again, to my room. "Or we could look at your car magazines!"

My shoulder was starting to ache, and if I wanted to keep my baseball career on track, I?d have to decide on an activity for him. "How about basketball?"

He stopped, let go of my hand. "Yeah! Let?s play that! Except..."

"Except?"

"I?m too tall for my hoop now. Do you think we could put it over the garage, like Chris?s?"

I thought about that brightly colored, plastic hoop, and knew that wasn?t going to work. "Sorry, Davey. Your hoop isn?t designed for that."

"Oh." He scuffed the floor with his bare foot. I know it had to be my imagination, but I thought I heard wood cracking underneath the carpet.

"Hmm." I forced myself to forget about the floor and focus on the problem. "Well, I used to play a little b-ball with dad when I was younger. <i> That </i> hoop may still be in the garage."

He frowned. "You used to play basketball, Justin? I never knew that."

"I played a lot of sports when I was younger, and baseball was always my favorite. When I started junior high, I decided to focus on just that."

He broke into a grin. "Cool! Can we go see if it?s still there now?"

I was finally starting to feel like a big brother again. "Let?s go."

Our garage was one of those that didn?t actually house a car, just a whole lot of junk. It took us half an hour to track down the hoop, but Davey seemed to have fun, lifting heavy boxes into the air like they were nothing as he looked behind appliances. I finally found it behind a cracked dart board and a set of ancient golf clubs. My parents, the packrats.

"Found it, Davey." I reached over, struggled to pull it free.

Davey?s big hands encircled my waist, picked me up, and set me aside. "I?ll get it." He stood on his toes, grabbed the backboard with one hand, and lifted it into the air. "Can we put it up right now, Justin? Can we?"

My lips parted as I watched him hold the steel backboard in the air without any strain at all.

"Justin?"

I shook myself out of the dazed fascination. "Um... Is there a bag of bolts and stuff taped to the back?"

He lowered the board slightly to check, making his biceps pop. "Yep."

My parents were packrats, but at least they were organized packrats. "Cool. Take it out to the driveway. I?ll grab the ladder and some tools."

He walked to the edge of the garage. "This ladder?" he asked, pointing to one in the corner.

"That would be the one."

He picked it up and left the garage.

I was impressed. Who wouldn?t be? But... it made me feel less than useful. I got a grip and found the tool box, then hit the switch to close the door as I walked out.

Davey had already propped the ladder against the garage. "What do we do now?"

"Well, I guess I?ll climb up there, and then you can hand me the backboard. Then I can fasten it over the garage door."

"Aw man." He pouted. "I wanna put it up there."

I glanced at the ladder, then at the garage. Sure, he was strong, but I didn?t know how durable he was. If he fell... "I don?t know, Davey."

He came close to me. Instinct begged me to take a step back, but I held my ground, kept my attitude casual.

"Come on, Justin. I can do it. I promise I?ll listen to everything you say."

I studied his face. There was no darkness, no determination to get his own way. Just a simple hope that I would say yes. I looked at the garage again. The holes from when it was up there before were still there, and so were a few of the brackets.

"Alright," I said reluctantly. "Let me put some of it together down here, and then you can mount it. Okay?"

He grinned and nodded.

"Bring it over here."

He ran to get it, then set it down in front of me. I tore the bag off the back, dumped its contents onto the driveway. Luckily, the instructions where there, too, and I unfolded them. Without much trouble, I found the pieces I needed, the tools, and went to work.

Davey sat on the concrete beside me, watched every move I made. "You did this with Dad?"

I attached a different socket to my wrench. "No. He did it all by himself."

"But you watched?"

"Nope. It was a birthday present, so he had it all set up by the time I woke up. I was so happy I ran into the house to phone Brad before I even picked up a ball."

"But you?re working so fast, like you know what you?re doing."

I glanced at him, noted the intent look on his face. "I?m just following the directions, Davey," I said, tapping the piece of paper on the other side of me. "It?s easy because they tell me exactly what to do."

His expression grew thoughtful. "Yeah."

Why did I feel as if I?d just said something very, very wrong?

Before I could go over the conversation in my head, Davey leaned forward. "You done yet?"

I tightened one last bolt. "Yep."

He jumped to his feet. His agility always took me by surprise, but I guess it shouldn?t, being that he could curl his body weight with one arm.

"What do I do?"

I got to my feet, pointed out the holes, and explained each step in mounting the backboard. "You understand?"

"I got it." He picked up the backboard.

"Davey... maybe you should get on the ladder first and let me hand that to you." I reached for it, but he pulled it away.

"Don?t worry, Justin," he said, smiling up at me. "I can handle it."

When he climbed the ladder, I realized how lucky we were that it was made of metal. I doubted a wooden one could handle all that weight. Davey set the board into place and looked down at me. "Like this, right?"

"Right." I handed him a nut and a bolt, as well as a wrench. "Now, attach it just like I told you."

He took the nut and bolt, but left the wrench in my hand. "I don?t need that," he said, then bolted the board to the garage with his fingers. "Hand me the next one."

"You sure you got that on tight?"

I saw him hold back a smirk. "Tighter than you could with that wrench."

Knowing how strong he was didn?t do much with helping me adjust to our changing roles. But I tried as hard as I could, for both our sakes. "Alright. Here?s the next one."

Ten minutes later we had a decent looking basketball hoop over our heads.

"You wanna play now, Justin?"

"With all the work we put into setting it up? Heck ya!"

Davey laughed and ran to the backyard to get his ball. I picked up the ladder and returned it to the garage as I tried to mentally prepare myself for getting my ass stomped by an 8 year-old.

He ran back to the driveway and passed the ball to me. "Your ball," he said, grinning broadly.

Oh, and he was so looking forward to stomping me.

I took the ball and spun it on my finger. "Okay, but no charging, no elbowing, basically no fouling of any kind. Got it?"

He stared at the ball on my finger. "Will you teach me how to do that?"

"If you?re good."

"I?ll be good. I won?t play rough."

"Alright." I dribbled the ball, reacquainted myself with the feel of it. "Let?s play." I faked right, spun left, and took my jump shot.

Nothing but net.

The expression on Davey?s face was priceless. He looked surprised and very, very confused. The corner of my mouth crooked as I passed him the ball. "Your ball."

I won by six points. I know, I hadn?t expected it either. Davey was fast, strong, and much more coordinated than he had been a week ago. But he still played like a little kid? unsophisticated footwork, more enthusiasm than finesse. I was able to squeak by on technical skill.

He stared at me, opened mouthed, as he held the ball in his hands. "You?re really good!"

Okay, he didn?t have to sound <i> that </i> shocked. "Thanks."

"You never played that good before!"

I ruffled his hair. "I never had to before."

All sorts of emotions flitted across his cut features. A flash of anger, more confusion, and even a little respect. Did I just get a hero point back?

"You know I?ll be able to beat you really soon, right?"

Maybe not. "I know."

He held my gaze, his own considering. "Will you still play with me after that?"

Knowing he wanted a serious answer, I kept my face sober. "Yeah, I?ll still play with you."

His face softened. "You wanna play another game?"

I took a step back. "Sure."

We played for about an hour, then my parents came home from the grocery store, and we had to clear out so they could park close. My father, his arms full with a grocery bag, commented on the hoop. "Hey now, I remember that thing."

Davey ran up to him, and he took a little step back. I couldn?t blame him. I had to work hard to keep myself from doing the same thing.

"Dad! You wanna play with us?"

His face paled. "Ah, no. I have to get this inside before the milk goes bad."

Davey?s excited smile faded and he backed away to stand next to me. "Okay."

My mother barely looked our way before going into the house. "Hello, boys. Justin, help us with the groceries."

"Alright, Mom." I watched Dad disappear into the house, too, and I knew they didn?t plan to come out again. I glanced down at Davey, who had his head bowed. "You upset?"

He stiffened. "No."

I glided my fingers under his jaw, coaxed him into looking up at me. "Davey, are you upset?"

His nod was hesitant, almost imperceptible.

"Come here." I wrapped my arms around him, winced a little when he dropped the ball to hug me back. "You want me to talk to them?"

His voice cracked. "No, this is the way it?s supposed to be."

I frowned. "How do you figure that?"

"I just know."

I hugged him tighter, wondered if he could feel it. "You?re wrong. It?s not supposed to be like this. I?m going to take in these groceries, and I?m going to try and fix it. Okay?"

He shrugged, the upward motion of his shoulders actually lifted me off the ground a moment.

Mom called for me again and I tried to step out of his embrace, only to find myself locked in the circle of his arms. "Alright, Davey. You have to let me go now."

"I don?t want to let go of you."

The tone of his voice, sad and a little desperate, told me we weren?t talking about hugs anymore. I pushed on his shoulders? I just wanted to step back to look at his face? but I couldn?t even budge him. "Davey, I?m not leaving you." I ran my fingers through his hair. "I promise."

He looked up at me, his eyes untrusting. "You?re gonna break that promise."

"No, Davey. Remember what I told you before I left for Spring break? Even when I go away to college, you and me will always be tight. Do you know why?"

He shook his head.

"Because we?re brothers, and that?s forever."

Slowly, reluctantly, his arms fell away from me.

"Thanks. Why don?t you go and play?"

He tucked his thumbs into his pockets. His jeans were so tight now that putting his whole hands into them probably would have torn them. "I guess I could go play video games or something."

"There you go."

Davey went inside and I grabbed a couple of bags as I organized my thoughts to talk to my parents about their youngest son.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; September 25th, 2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: adding some chapter markers because I like the way they look
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowan For This Useful Post:
dickasauras (July 23rd, 2013), gogr2 (October 10th, 2012)
  #2   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2005, 04:02 PM

I know, I know. It's been forever since I added to Davey's Destiny. In case you've forgotten what it's all about, check the links:

[color=#0000ff]http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php3?t=2397[/color]

[color=#0000ff]http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php3?t=2448[/color]

[color=#0000ff]http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php3?t=2628[/color]

Here's hoping it was worth the wait.

-- Rowan

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
It's a truly great story, Rowan. Over the years I've read MANY and this is very much one of my all-time favorites!

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:03 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
I just gave up...

...trying to find mew creative ways to comment your marvelous stories, you don't even let us take a break from the others (like that was a bad thing ).

I think I'll just have to say this - "FANTASTIC"

YOU STINK! ( )

Bruno
  #5   Add to Kymuscleboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM

Kymuscleboy is on a distinguished road
This was a great chapter. I know you're working on three wonderful stories now, but I have to say that this one is my favorite. However, it's a treat when you add to any of your tales. I hope there's more soon.
  #6   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:39 AM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Fantastic characters!

Hi Rowan:

Who says super strong people aren't supposed to be NICE?

I've gotten so tired of reading about "evil" big little brothers, that it's a VERY welcome change to read about a super strong muscle boy who has a heart of gold! Believe it or not, it is very challenging to write about a character like that! The "evil" muscle boy bro is much easier to describe because he has a motive for being a bully towards his older, but weaker, big brother.

I created a character for a series which has grown into 18 chapters. Jamie is a kid with super powers! He has every reason to be a bully towards his bigger brother, but he has a heart of gold. My intention was to make him the strongest, nicest kid on earth. The type of kid that anyone would wish to have as their "dream little brother". There is no way you can't help but wish "I wish I had a little brother like him..." You have definately accomplished this in your Davey series! I only have a sister, but, while reading your story, helps me to imagine having Davey as a little, powerful brother, who was willing to do anything to please me, just because I'm his big bro.

I've taken my series a step further and made my "imaginary little brother" into a super hero, meaning that he is always looking out for the needs of others and he will never hesitate to use his strength and power to help those in need. With Davey, you've accomplished the same thing, by allowing him to show his love for his big bro. That's awesome!

I love reading about a strong character who is nothing but a HERO. Trust me, you could be writing stories about Davey for years to come! I've been writing about Superboy Jamie for a year now, and the story ideas are endless! Every time I want to work on something else, another great idea for a story pops up. In fact, I received an invitation from a teacher of a school in Georgia, who invited me to drive up to visit her school, just so I can read some of my stories to the kids in her classroom, in person! That blows me away!

Keep up the great work of writing about Davey. Develop the character, and make him use his strength to help those in need. Who knows... Some studio might ask for the movie rights some day. Or, you might just become a published author. Kids will have forgotten about Harry, and they'll all be waiting in line to read the next book about Davey the muscle boy...

Rex
  #7   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Rowan,

I loved the interaction between the brothers in your latest chapter. I was nice to see them getting along - especially after last chapters confrontations between Justin and Davey.

I still love Davey's veiled references to him growing taller, stronger, and faster, especially when the brothers are playing basketball.

Great chapter. Looking forward to more.

You are a writing machine!!!

--JSmith

Last edited by jsmith2300; September 23rd, 2005 at 05:47 AM.
  #8   Add to iceman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
Big Daddy Cool Member

iceman75 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iceman75
Great Story! You have a great style to your writing, not many guys have eight year old characters that actually stay that age, mentally and physically, but Davey is. He may have the body of a very strong person, but his mind is still full of childhood concerns, and you bring that out beautifully. Keep up the good work!

In the MGS FC's, I am Barf the Mawg from Spaceballs, loyal, powerful, quick witted, but I have a bit of a weight problem.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/yfhmk/

Only those serious about young muscle need apply. We do accept stories, but let's keep it clean. This is the only place on the web where Ragman's "My Nephew" Stories can be found.
  #9   Add to jacestar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM

jacestar is on a distinguished road
it's great to see the two brothers enjoying each others company again, hope it keeps up. great story, hope the next part comes out soon
  #10   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Davey is my favorite story on MGS right now!

Rowan:

I consider "Davey's Destiny" THE NUMBER ONE STORY ON MGS. PERIOD.

I love how you described the characters and the relationships between them. I don't have a brother of my own, but your story makes me wish for a little bro like Davey. It almost brought me to tears when I read it the first time. Awesome! Your characters are dynamic and alive, your story shows all the feelings and emotions and we get such a good "portrait" of Davey, as seen through Justin's eyes. That is great!

I saved all 4 chapters as a Word document so I could save it and print out the chapters you have written so far. I only do that for stories which I want to keep because they're TOO GOOD to read only once.

I would love to see Davey defend his big brother Justin from some bully at school or on the street.

Another fun scene would be Justin struggling with opening a can or a jar, and finally asking his stronger, little brother to open it for him. That would show Justin's acceptance of the fact that his little brother Davey is the strongest of the two.

Justin would ask Davey to lift something, that is too heavy for him to lift on his own. Or, Davey would catch Justin in the act of lifting something that is just too heavy for him, and then offering to lift it for him. Justin would just gasp at the site of his little bro lifting something heavy that he couldn't lift on his own, like a large box filled with papers and books, for example.

I think it would be fun for Davey to always want to "protect" or "look after" Justin. For example: Davey would tell Justin: "Don't lift that box, bro! You'll hurt yourself! I don't want you to hurt your back. Wait, I'll carry that box of books for you, big bro..." he says cheerfully, as he bends the knees and easily lifts the box off the ground without even straining.

Justin would have a new nickname for Davey: "Little Hercules" Hehe...

Well, Rowan, it's your story and you're doing a terrific job writing it. These are just some ideas I wanted to throw at you!

Thanks for coming up with such a great story about a muscle kid who is generous, helpful, playful, loving and humble. It's great to read a story without sex and without violence, for a change.

In my opinion, this is the BEST story I've seen posted on this forum during ALL OF 2005 SO FAR. I'm serious.

Keep up the good work!

Rex
  #11   Add to bribear1042's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2005, 01:16 AM

bribear1042 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bribear1042 Send a message via Yahoo to bribear1042
Another great chapter

Rowan:

Another great chapter. I love the interaction between Justin and Davey. As I was reading this story, I was able to tell the changes that were going on in Justin's head about the relationship between he and his brother. This is a new experience for Justin but Davey new that it was coming. That is the part that I like the best. Albeit Davey knows that his change is inevitable, he is still concerned with how Justin will view and interact with him. I don't think Justin has to worry about loosing hero points with Davey. It is a breath of fresh air to know that Davey's idolization of his older brother is still present despite Davey's physical superiority to Justin.

I don't think this is the last we're going to read of Davey, or I least I hope not. I am still curious of what Davey's destiny is. Good work Rowan. Continue the story how you see fit. I will be awaiting patiently (or impatiently might be a better descriptor).

Bribear
  #12   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
It's a truly great story, Rowan. Over the years I've read MANY and this is very much one of my all-time favorites!
Glad I came back to it, then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
...trying to find mew creative ways to comment your marvelous stories, you don't even let us take a break from the others (like that was a bad thing ).

I think I'll just have to say this - "FANTASTIC"

YOU STINK! ( )
haha. sorry, didn't know i was being so inconsiderate. I'm just trying to ride this wave for as long as I can. Any day now I'm going to burn out, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymuscleboy
This was a great chapter. I know you're working on three wonderful stories now, but I have to say that this one is my favorite. However, it's a treat when you add to any of your tales. I hope there's more soon.
All three stories are very different. I'm glad you have a favorite, and I'm very appreciative that you like all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres
...it's a VERY welcome change to read about a super strong muscle boy who has a heart of gold...I love reading about a strong character who is nothing but a HERO...
um... Davey... he's a good kid. but i wouldn't exactly call him a hero, or give him a heart of gold. This chapter, and probably the next chapter, will indicate a little 'honeymoon' period, but Davey's got things going on in his head and his body that are going to assure more dark times in the future.

Quote:
Trust me, you could be writing stories about Davey for years to come!
haha. Oh, god, no! I love all these stories I'm writing, but trust me, they all have endings planned for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300
I loved the interaction between the brothers in your latest chapter. I was nice to see them getting along - especially after last chapters confrontations between Justin and Davey.

You are a writing machine!!!
Yeah, Justin had a really hard time of it last chapter. I was glad to give him a little break.

lol. writing machine? I'm just on a roll right now. you know me, i could drop off the face of the internet any second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman75
Great Story! You have a great style to your writing, not many guys have eight year old characters that actually stay that age, mentally and physically, but Davey is. He may have the body of a very strong person, but his mind is still full of childhood concerns, and you bring that out beautifully. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Writing Davey has been a lot of fun, but changes are afoot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacestar
great story, hope the next part comes out soon
Thanks, man. To tell you the truth, at this moment I'm having trouble deciding what to work on. but i guess there are worse problems.

Quote:
I consider "Davey's Destiny" THE NUMBER ONE STORY ON MGS. PERIOD.
Wow, thanks, Rex.
Quote:
Thanks for coming up with such a great story about a muscle kid who is generous, helpful, playful, loving and humble.
generous-- most of the time, helpful-- tries to be, playful-- almost always, loving-- feels it, doesn't always show it, humble? Not really seeing it. lol. But if he's coming off that way right now, then that's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribear1042
I don't think this is the last we're going to read of Davey, or I least I hope not. I am still curious of what Davey's destiny is. Good work Rowan. Continue the story how you see fit. I will be awaiting patiently (or impatiently might be a better descriptor).
Don't worry, it's not the last. I think the coming chapters are going to be good, but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for reading my stories! Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to all of your great comments.

-- Rowan

-The Tick
  #13   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Thanks, man. To tell you the truth, at this moment I'm having trouble deciding what to work on. but i guess there are worse problems. -- Rowan
Let me help you decide:

DAVEY'S DESTINY PART 5.

Enough said.

Rex
  #14   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:47 PM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Rowan, it's been some time since we heard about Davey... could you gift us this Thanksgiving with more of the story? Thanks for the stories you have written so far. You are truly an amazing writer.
  #15   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2
Rowan, it's been some time since we heard about Davey... could you gift us this Thanksgiving with more of the story? Thanks for the stories you have written so far. You are truly an amazing writer.
Oh, man, sorry. I've been working on a personal project. I'll try to get some new installments of my stories out for xmas, okay?

-- Rowan

-The Tick
  #16   Add to MuscleAvatar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2005, 05:20 PM

MuscleAvatar is on a distinguished road
I've been waiting for a nice muscle brother story for quite some time as well. those evil little brother stories are a big turn off for me.

Because the truth is out there...
  #17   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:05 PM

More Davey!!!

Hi Rowan!!

It's been nearly THREE months since you posted Chapter 4 of Davey.

Not only that, but you had promised to post chapter 5 around Christmas... which is less than 2 weeks away!

I can't wait to read more about Davey, the muscle boy!

I've written over 200 pages of Superboy stories since August... If I can do it, then so can you, Rowan!

Rex
  #18   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:41 AM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi Rowan!!

It's been nearly THREE months since you posted Chapter 4 of Davey.

Not only that, but you had promised to post chapter 5 around Christmas... which is less than 2 weeks away!

I can't wait to read more about Davey, the muscle boy!

I've written over 200 pages of Superboy stories since August... If I can do it, then so can you, Rowan!

Rex
Lol. Im sure Rowan will get back to this great story, and his others, as soon as he can. He is a very prolific and busy author and has several other projects on the go at the moment. Anyway, you know the old saying: "Treat them mean, keep them keen."
  #19   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:49 PM

hehe. okay, here's the deal:

First, I didn't promise. I said I'd TRY, and I'm still gonna try.

Second, things have been a little crazy for me. I spent last weekend working on a cattle farm, just to give you a small indication of the totally random spins my life has been taking lately. I've also been working on my first novel, which may actually turn out to be pretty good.

Thanks to everyone who loves this story, and I really, really will try to get an installment out before xmas.

Take care,
Rowan

-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; December 15th, 2005 at 08:13 PM.
  #20   Add to bribear1042's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM

bribear1042 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bribear1042 Send a message via Yahoo to bribear1042
No pressure

There is no pressure, not from me anyway, for you to get Davey's Destiny 5 out. Personal life is more important than satsfying our (this board's) needs. You haven't fallen short of anything that you say you will do, so I am confident, as should others be, that Davey will soon reach his destiny.

Congratulations on your first novel!!! What an exciting time. I too am embarking on writing and looking to publish. Mine is an autobiography/historical fiction work over the hardships that I've overcame in the past 10 years of life.

Take your time with Davey. Rome wasn't built in a day. I hope everything is going allright with you and things are starting to reach a slower pace.

Bribear
  #21   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Hi Rowan:

No sweat! I TOTALLY understand.

You may not know me, but I'm a writer as well. And, speaking of writing novels, I am currently working on two stories, with about 90,000 words in length (together). So, I KNOW what it's like to write a novel.

In fact, I have written over 200,000 words of Superboy stories yhis year alone (over 400 pages of stories). Of the 200K, I had just finished my first attempt of Nanowrimo (National Novel Writers Month) where I had a goal of writing 60,000 words in 30 days. I made it!

Besides my Superboy series, I'm also working on the Tristan story, which is over 109,000 words (271 pages) long. Another novel!

So you see, I'm not just another fan of your Davey series. I'm also a writer, just like you! You just wouldn't know it, because my stories aren't posted on MGS, because they're written for a completely different audience. They're written for kids, and I doubt that the members of MGS will care to read my stories.

Rowan, if you need till next year to write the next chapter of Davey, then we'll wait for it! Don't feel rushed, for the quality of the story will suffer. We can wait a little while longer! When you do get around to writing it and you finally post it, it will be a welcome addition to the MGS site, and it will have been well worth the wait.

Happy Holidays!

Rex

http://www.superfantasystories.com/

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/superboy_jamie/
  #22   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM

And, Rowan, before I forget:

If we didn't care about your story, then we wouldn't be asking you when you were going to post your next chapter, right?

I usually feel very honored and grateful when the readers ask me when the next chapter in my story will be posted.

The main reason why I don't post my stories on MGS is because the readers of this forum haven't expressed interest in any of my works. But, they do like *your* stories!

Keep up the good work.

Rex

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options