The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #121   Add to MGN's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2004, 02:35 PM

MGN is on a distinguished road
I think the three things that really got me interested in muscle were the Real Ghostbusters episode "Venk-Man!", the previously-mentioned balloon-head milk commercial, and the Dinosaurs episode "Steroids to Heaven."
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #122   Add to rdg123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:22 PM

rdg123 is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm.

One of my earlier memories of being stunned by what I saw on TV had to do with this completely idiotic special, I think aired in the 1980's, called "Men Who Rate a Ten." There was a scene where a big tarpaulin or sheet was onstage, and someone pulled it away to reveal a man in his boxers, or something like that. He was nearly nude (but obviously not, as it was network television). To this day, while barely remembering what the guy looked like, I remember him, probably through the once-removed focus of "memory," as one of the hottest men I ever saw. A while back, possibly only a year or two ago, I actually scoured the internet looking for a way to purchase this special, mostly to see how my memory dovetailed with reality. Can't find it anywhere. It was the dumbest thing, as I recall. Brooke Shields was a co-host. And all I really remember is a song they sang (LMAO, which I remember *to this day*, and which is *terrible*), and this one skit with the man who stood onstage, probably for two to three minutes, nearly nude and looking amazing.
  #123   Add to rtulde's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM

rtulde is on a distinguished road
Denny Miller on Gilligan

My intro was Denny Miller as the surfer Duke on Gilligan's Island. The scene where he flexes was my first intro to my fascination with muscle. The only scene that puzzled me as a young kid was how Ginger and Mary Ann fled from Duke's/Denny Miller's attentions. I always thought Gilligan should have ended up with him! Denny Miller was so successful that he came back for another episode about a Tarzan-like character, amazing no one recognized him as Duke, but why do a simple pair of glasses prevent people recognizing Clark Kent as Superman?

Denny Miller also has a pretty good website, google him and you'll see. The failure to mention a spouse makes me fantasize that he is gay. Dream on.
  #124   Add to Toothync's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 01:09 AM

Toothync is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Toothync Send a message via Yahoo to Toothync
It's hard to remember what came first. I remember being fascinated by Veruka Salt blowing up in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - but that's separate from my muscle fixation. I did always like those heavily muscled Japanese cartoon characters.

I remember a computer game called "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis." The climax of the game is - funnily enough - in the submerged Atlantis. A feature of the mythology of the game was these little golden beads. In this scene in Atlantis there's a platform on which someone stands and different numbers of beads are fed into a slot, causing some kind of effect on the person. Of course the villain steps on and instructs someone to feed a heap of beads in, and he starts to grow... I had a hard time with this one because my brother had called me in to watch how far he'd got in the game and this bit came on. I was very short of breath watching this guy transform on screen. Of course after growing huge his head mutated and he shrank to midget size, after which he leapt from the platform to his doom in anguish. But I chose to ignore that little bit.

Another one was the fabulous Weird Sciene episode with the muscle suit. I nearly fainted when I saw that.

I remember the bit in the Aladdin movie - I thought he was the stupidest person in the world for not making the Genii leave him like that. Why the hell would you go back?! was my thinking.
  #125   Add to mikeinbn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:12 AM

mikeinbn has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to mikeinbn Send a message via MSN to mikeinbn Send a message via Yahoo to mikeinbn
so what about at the end of alladdin when jafar becomes a genie and blows up HUGE and BUILT (even if he has a vapor tail instead of legs) before being consigned to that itty-bitty living space? fuckin' loved that...
  #126   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I loved Jafar as well. However, if we are writhing about video games (like toothync) then as a kid I secretely got hard when Mario ate the mushroom that made him double in size, in Super Mario Brothers, back on the NES.
  #127   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:54 PM
negima101

Hmm...

------------

Last edited by negima101; February 23rd, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
  #128   Add to norvabear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2005, 10:10 AM

norvabear
Send a message via AIM to norvabear Send a message via Yahoo to norvabear
[QUOTE=Toothync]It's hard to remember what came first. I remember being fascinated by Veruka Salt blowing up in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - but that's separate from my muscle fixation.

Actually, it was Violet Beauregard who blew up into a blueberry. Veruka was sent to her demise by the "educated egg-dicator"
  #129   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:45 PM
renbo

The best muscle growth sequence is definetly in the retro game "Altered Beast" where you would play someone that ate powerups, and the first two powerups would cause your muscles to grow in size and rip your cloths apart (the last transformation was into a beast).
  #130   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 04:29 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I think it's finally time that I share my experiences (Although I have to start a thread asking why we developed these fetishes in the first place.)

Like so many others I remember Incredible Hulk TV reruns, both the live action and the 70s/80s cartoon as having a huge influence on me. I thought those parts were always scary at first but just the transformations. That didn't stop me from watching them but I always hid around the corner. Now, of course, I lock the door and . . . you can guess.

There was also an episode of the Real Ghostbusters where Egon gets possessed that got me excited as he went through a hulk out too.

Video games did it for me too: Super Mario Bros, of course, did it for me and I still love Mario today even without the mushroom growth. But I also liked a game called Amagon which was a rather poor cross between Mario and Contra. Despite this, I loved that the character hulked out the way that he did.

My particular tastes were also influenced by the 80s werewolf craze. It weirds me out to no end but werewolf transformation sequences fascinated me then and get me very hot and bothered now. Really, any muscle transformation will do it for me and, if done well, I can get into monster transformations too. A combination of both will really get me going. Another game, Altered Beast which has been mentioned, is my Holy Grail of muscle/monster transformation even though it's quality doesn't shine through today.
  #131   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:16 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
found some of those commercials people liked

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/967/

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/161/

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/966/
  #132   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:38 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Cool Bluto.

Bluto,Bluto,Bluto,Bluto,Bluto.My first real hero was a villain.....hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Last edited by glammaman2000; July 10th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
  #133   Add to hamjam3000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM

hamjam3000 is on a distinguished road
the episode was harvzilla but it was for wrestling
  #134   Add to hamjam3000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM

hamjam3000 is on a distinguished road
sry wrong thing must've clicked the wrong thing
  #135   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:58 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by renbo
The best muscle growth sequence is definetly in the retro game "Altered Beast" where you would play someone that ate powerups, and the first two powerups would cause your muscles to grow in size and rip your cloths apart (the last transformation was into a beast).
I will definitively second that one. Altered Beast is a classic. I got hard as a teen watching the guy progressively muscle up after imbibing the powerups.
  #136   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:44 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Rise From Your Grave

An anime music video featuring clips from Altered Beast. The anime itself doesn't seem to involve any muscle growth but it looks fun anyway.
  #137   Add to White Mage Cid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Paladin of Strength

White Mage Cid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to White Mage Cid
I think it was when I watched Tom & Jerry, the "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Mouse" episode where Tom brews a poison which turns out to be a potion. And another one "Catty Cornered" where Tom and this neighbouring cat imagines Jerry is a super-mouse.
  #138   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mage Cid
I think it was when I watched Tom & Jerry, the "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Mouse" episode where Tom brews a poison which turns out to be a potion. And another one "Catty Cornered" where Tom and this neighbouring cat imagines Jerry is a super-mouse.
That is interesting. I remember the potion episode just as you describe as well. It is also one of my earliest muscle memories.
  #139   Add to hairyman101's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM

hairyman101 is on a distinguished road
superman

i remember watching the old superman cartoon where icy harris turns into the parasite and drains superman......he drains superman until he begs for mercy ...and i was like 13 and got an instant hardon. that was the first time i saw a growth cartoon that got me going.
  #140   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Unmentioned one

Here's some unmentioned ones.

Ren's Pecs, Ren (yes Ren and Stimpy) gets some girls around him and then a "muscular" guy comes and takes them. Charles Globe (literal name) comes and says "that you just need to move fat cells from one part of your body to another".

Ren doesn't have any fat cells, but Stimpy does so he has a 'fat transplant'. All I can remember though.

Also the Fireman in a couple episodes was pretty hunky, even if he did smash an axe next to your head and say : "I've had it up to here with the likes of you people!!!!!"

Note: None of the links to any of the commercials work anymore.
  #141   Add to smokemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:39 AM

smokemuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to smokemuscle
anyone got a video of Harvzilla?
  #142   Add to mc802's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:33 PM

mc802 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mc802 Send a message via Yahoo to mc802
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyman101
i remember watching the old superman cartoon where icy harris turns into the parasite and drains superman......he drains superman until he begs for mercy ...and i was like 13 and got an instant hardon. that was the first time i saw a growth cartoon that got me going.
Does any one have a video clip of the old superman "parasite" episode ( from the 1960s series, not the updated 1990s WB series)
  #143   Add to Dotandtheline's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Feel loved

Dotandtheline is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dotandtheline Send a message via Yahoo to Dotandtheline
I'm not sure is this applies, but I really remeber a cartoon with a rather curt and forceful brown dog who had sort of a cat and mouse slave team. He would force them to go into stores, butchers, and other places that sold meat to frighten the patrons away so he, the brown dog could eat all the meat. Well, it so happens that when briging him the meat, or providing it for him--they regualry forget the gravy about which he is rather mean and violent agaisnt them. After soem time of doing this, we find the dog on a doctors table with two doctors looking over a rather explosivly packed brown dog. The doctors than agree, that he is simply overfed. Shortly after they depart, the mouse and cat slave team enter the room with noticbly evil grins. One drings a funnel and the other a container of gravy. The Brown dog begins to sweat and mummbles so desperate 'no's. THe slave team, now dominate force the funnel into the Brown Dogs mouth and begin to feed him all the gravy they've been punished for in the past. And so the cartoon ends.

I rember being very turned on by this and the idea of the dog being insanly muscular. This is probably why immobile/muscle bound muscle is one of my favororite topics.

Does anyone know the name of this cartoon?

Cheers

Dotandtheline
  #144   Add to MGN's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM

"Chow Hound."
  #145   Add to penguin101's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:18 PM
The Expansion King

penguin101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to penguin101 Send a message via MSN to penguin101 Send a message via Yahoo to penguin101
I think my first growth sighting was that little bit in Disney's Aladdin when there's a parade, and the genie is trying to make Aladdin look like a prince. For an all-too-brief moment there, the genie shoots Aladdin with a lightning bolt and makes him really buff. I think that scene got me obsessed with muscle inflation in the first place. Oh, and that bit from Disney's Hercules where Hercules grows up and bursts a tape measure with his bicep. Come to think of it, Disney's made a few good muscle inflation scenes. Pity they're almost always just a couple of seconds long.

?A man who limits his interests, limits his life.?

- Vincent Price
  #146   Add to More2048's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM

More2048 is on a distinguished road
i think this was the hulk tvshow from the 70's but back in the early 90's when i was still a little kid i remember my grandfather putting this show on, and when i saw this one growth sequence that took a very long time i got this very strange excited feeling inside me, and i was partially scared. took me till i was about 14/15 to relize why i felt that
  #147   Add to White Mage Cid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Paladin of Strength

That Jerry Mouse grows huge clip 404ed me...

www.forum.ld4all.com <-- Lucid Dreams allow you to experience all this we talk about on the MG forums.

www.furaffinity.net <-- Furries. You might even find buff ones. ^^

www.wikipedia.org <-- Seek articles over stuff here.
  #148   Add to MGN's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mage Cid
That Jerry Mouse grows huge clip 404ed me...
So what else is new?
  #149   Add to darkluster4's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Darklord of Power

darkluster4 is on a distinguished road
I think the first scene I remeber was in "The Little Mermaid." King Triton did nothing for me, but what really chaught my attention was the scene in the witchs cave were she transforms the two merfolk. I would watch that scene over and over just to figure out HOW she did. The same thing happened with Alladin. I never was able to make it happen in real life though.
  #150   Add to Chi-town's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Chi-town is on a distinguished road
I'm trying to remember a commercial from the 70s -- it was for some kind of sandwich spread. This kid eats a sandwich, flexes his biceps, and watches in amazement as it grows. I definitely had fantasies about that commercial, wanting to be that kid.

I thought it might have been for Marshmallow Fluff, but that wouldn't make sense (how could a sugary spread build muscle?). Some kind of peanut butter spread, maybe?
  #151   Add to thrae218's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:35 AM

thrae218 is on a distinguished road
It's been a while, but I remember the first cartoon that got me excited about muscles was The Snookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show. I think the episode name was "Dumbbells" or something, and like Snookums and Meat's (a cat and dog) owners saw how lazy and fat their pets had become so they bought them each these mega exercise machines from the back of a comic book. They stick themselves in these and after the usual cartoony stretches and methods of "no pain, no gain" torture", the two come out and they're MEGA HUGE. The one scene that's memorable was when they both barely fit in the scope of the wall mirror and then they flex and they out flex the mirror that grew as they did. it was SO HOT and I wish I had a clip of it T_T
  #152   Add to Madlurker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:20 AM

Madlurker is on a distinguished road
Two cartoons come to mind: One was called "King sized Canary" by Tex Avery I believe. Involves a canary, a mouse, a cat, and a dog all drinking a bottle of plant growth formula and becoming huge. Not necessarily muscular, but big.

Also, I think it was an episode of Heathcliff that involved the cat gang being captured by a mouse that had invented a machine to make himself grow. And grow he did, in front of a mirror, and I think he even turned green.
  #153   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town
I'm trying to remember a commercial from the 70s -- it was for some kind of sandwich spread. This kid eats a sandwich, flexes his biceps, and watches in amazement as it grows. I definitely had fantasies about that commercial, wanting to be that kid.

I thought it might have been for Marshmallow Fluff, but that wouldn't make sense (how could a sugary spread build muscle?). Some kind of peanut butter spread, maybe?
Wow that definately sounds hot. *sniffle* Why do all the good hot commercials happen when I wasn't born\too young?

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #154   Add to chocomus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
LDF (Lazy Drawing Freak)

chocomus is on a distinguished road
When I was 12 or so I discovered Dragon ball. First I liked it because... well, everything(I'm a dragonball fan), but later I found some scenes more than interesting I really used the slow button of the video then.
For videogames I'd say Slaughterhause(I think it's written that way). It's a bit gore but when the Masked character(hero) powerups, BAM! Yum, yum!
The Following User Says Thank You to chocomus For This Useful Post:
DarkM (May 10th, 2013)
  #155   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
It's Splatterhouse, and you're talking about Splatterhouse 3.
  #156   Add to thrae218's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:46 PM

thrae218 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljobenza
Ohh anyone got any screenshots of this game? Sounds like some fun, albeit gory, eye candy
  #157   Add to chocomus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:27 PM
LDF (Lazy Drawing Freak)

chocomus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljobenza
Yeah! That is, sorry.

Look at this video in minute 0:55, 4:50 and 8:02 or so. There is it the power up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noxWXCnTQjM

I don't have screensoths, sorry. Try with Google images.
  #158   Add to Kitex989's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM

Kitex989 is on a distinguished road
I think my 1st musclegrowth would be I think from captain pollution the episode a mine is a terrible thing to waste
  #159   Add to White Mage Cid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Paladin of Strength

You're sure it wasn't "Catty Cornered"? There was a scene where, in Tom and his neighboring cat imagined that Jerry was a super-mouse, then you see him rapidly grow big in their thoughts.

www.forum.ld4all.com <-- Lucid Dreams allow you to experience all this we talk about on the MG forums.

www.furaffinity.net <-- Furries. You might even find buff ones. ^^

www.wikipedia.org <-- Seek articles over stuff here.
  #160   Add to IndigoSensor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:29 AM
A science geek all around

IndigoSensor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IndigoSensor
Hmm... Its hard to remember a specefic moment, seeing as my love for muscle growth kind of evolved out of other fantysies I have and had over the years. However, I do remember when I was about 5 years old. I was in the living room with my grandfather playing with legos. He was watching some old movie (70's to 80's range), and there was a man in a room sitting on a chair. Creepy music came on and it grabbed my attention. Over the course of about 5-10 minutes he started to grunt thrash around and his muscles grew, his face changed (kind of cavemanish?) and generally just became larger and more primal. I was frozen in place so scared. I just stared at the screen without movement. I still to this day cannot pinpoint it, but I felt a unfamilare emotion when watching this, kind of almost like exitement and envy mixed? At anyrate it scared and amazed me and was burned into memory.

"Don't resist the changes that come to you. If you're resisting change you are resisting a part of yourself. Those who resist change, are the ones who will in the end, fall..."
-Me

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options