The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #601   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
A Funny Comment

The standard fantasy here is that some hot person will notice and comment on your muscles. This one is way off of that track but it cracked me up:

I was visiting my dear old mother and she says, "Your wrists are getting thick. Do your gloves fit? Do you have ANY warm gloves for this winter that will fit? Do you want me to find you some?"

No matter how old you get- your mother is your mother.

Bulkybud
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #602   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:02 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
The standard fantasy here is that some hot person will notice and comment on your muscles. This one is way off of that track but it cracked me up:

I was visiting my dear old mother and she says, "Your wrists are getting thick. Do your gloves fit? Do you have ANY warm gloves for this winter that will fit? Do you want me to find you some?"

No matter how old you get- your mother is your mother.

Bulkybud
LOL.. So true! you could be Einstein, Arnold and Neil Armstrong combined, your mother would still have you take a sweater cause its cold outside (in mid-summer!)
  #603   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM

A Surprizing Workout

Went into the gym in the afternoon. I usually workout at 5-6am so I knew very few of the people who were there at 5pm, but folks were friendly -it's a nice gym.

So I'm in the middle of my trap workout and I have one of those hexagonal trap bars loaded up for heavy shrugs like I always do and this lean, built guy comes to the back room by the squat rack and goes, "That's a lot of weight!"

I looked down and I did have 6 45s on it, about 270 without the bar, but that's what I work with all the time in the morning and no one seems to say much about it.

"Yeah," I said, "but I'm just doing shrugs with it, nothing big. You know how quickly traps strengthen up."

"Mine don't," he replied, "my biceps and abs respond fast, but that's about it. You must have something genetic going for you- your traps are huge!"

We both went on with our workouts with me thinking about how different things can be between 5 AM, when there are few people in the gym, and 5 PM, when the gym is pretty crowded.

Bulkybud
  #604   Add to dhalden's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:08 PM

dhalden is on a distinguished road
Finally pays off...

Long time lurker, infrequent poster, blah blah blah...

Well, it would seem that after four months hard work, its finally paid off. A bit of back-story: I finally worked up the courage (or maybe it was sheer frustration at being soft around the middle) to join a gym a while back and for the longest time just fooled around doing cardio and some machines. Anyway, I decided that instead of just getting toned, I wanted to put on some size and started incorporating dead-lifts and squats and whatnot (y'all know what I'm talking about ). That, and eating big, and I've really started to notice some gains.

ANYWAY, over the past week or two people have started making comments. One family member has called me "Mr. Muscles" more than once, a friend has asked if I've lost weight (which is funny because I've put on weight), and then today at work a coworker commented that I "was going for the macho look" and she had noticed "my biceps were really starting to get big".

Needless to say, the day ended on a good note.
  #605   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhalden View Post
Long time lurker, infrequent poster, blah blah blah...

Well, it would seem that after four months hard work, its finally paid off. A bit of back-story: I finally worked up the courage (or maybe it was sheer frustration at being soft around the middle) to join a gym a while back and for the longest time just fooled around doing cardio and some machines. Anyway, I decided that instead of just getting toned, I wanted to put on some size and started incorporating dead-lifts and squats and whatnot (y'all know what I'm talking about ). That, and eating big, and I've really started to notice some gains.

ANYWAY, over the past week or two people have started making comments. One family member has called me "Mr. Muscles" more than once, a friend has asked if I've lost weight (which is funny because I've put on weight), and then today at work a coworker commented that I "was going for the macho look" and she had noticed "my biceps were really starting to get big".

Needless to say, the day ended on a good note.
congratulations on your decision to gain size and to now have others notice. It's definitely a huge confidence boost.

I finally decided yesterday to update my profile picture on facebook. It had been just a random close up of me and my dog. Changed it to one with me in a tank and my arms crossed. Up til now I haven't really made it public knowledge that I've been working out so for a lot of friends, this is the first time they've seen the results. Got a few "love this picture"s and a "i wanna feel those arms now" HAHA yes!
  #606   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:13 AM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Dodoria21, I just looked at your progress on bodyspace and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. Your body changed dramatically between March and July. Good for you!
  #607   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:17 AM

Went to a party last night, hosted by folks who haven't seen me in a while, wearing a slightly tight t-shirt (an XXL) and wondering if I would get any comments on my 10 lb gain this month from my high carb diet. I was rather expecting to get pats on the belly and remarks about getting fat.

Instead one guy drinking beers at card table next to me asked if I was doing wrist curls and said, "your forearms are huge!" The host asked me what I was 'taking' to bulk up and I answered, "Food. And lots of it."

Then this morning in the gym, after chatting with a less than motivated gym member complaining about his lack of growth, one of the guys that inspires me (this dude can really fill out a polo shirt!) turned to me and said, "he just goes through the motions and then gets bummed when he sees guys like you, who are making real progress. He needs to get his head in the game."

In two years this guy, Polo Shirt Man, who's nice enough and a great spotter, has never commented on my physique. This was a first.

I'm staying on the high carbs for a while.

Bulkybud.
  #608   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:47 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
A "Notice" of my own..

BulkyBud,
Don't those comments from fellow lifters just make your day?

I was at the gym on Thursday, getting ready for a workout with my trainer. I put on this black Underarmour tank top and went to the towel rack to get a towel, when one of the other trainers, who hadn't seen me since July, stops and looks me up and down and goes, "Hey, man! You got a tan! Looking good there!" He gestured to my torso and arms, which are wider and bigger than the last time I saw him. He was obviously checking out my torso and arms which DO look bigger in the form fitting tank. It's an XL and used to be semi-loose on me, unless I was really pumped. Now it's semi-snug, even when I put it on cold.
Great feeling! Now to make it even tighter!

Mdlftr
  #609   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Now it's semi-snug, even when I put it on cold.
Great feeling! Now to make it even tighter!

Mdlftr
Exactly! You always seem to see your own growth but then wonder if it's just wishful thinking. Comments from others let you know that it's real progress.

Off to the gym again, with a vengeance!

Bulkybud
  #610   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
Haven't seen my younger brother in over 5 years. Today he came home unannounced to surprise our parents for their wedding anniversary. I came walking into the room and he walked up to me, shook my hand then introduced himself to me. He honestly didn't know who I was. The 75 pounds I've gained over 5 years makes more difference than I ever realized because it happened so gradually. But for him it was a total complete change all at once. He used to be stronger than me and loved to prove it by giving me bear hugs. Those things really hurt and he seemed to enjoy it! Today he tried it and quickly realized that he wasn't getting anywhere with it. When I hugged him back I squeezed until I felt his ribs bending. The temptation to break a few of his ribs was hard to resist, but he got the point and I quickly backed off.
  #611   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Damn that is awesome, strongguns, I would love to chat with you man. Hit me up at [email protected]
  #612   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:00 AM
The Insatiable Poster

OMG stronguns, was he nasty to you growing up? The whole ribs issue makes it sound so much worse then it may be but still.....

Wow, if I hadn't seen you in 5 years and you were 75 lbs bigger I would probably barely recognize you too because of your sheer girth. Oh well, he must of been a strong presence in your life nonetheless.
  #613   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven79 View Post
OMG stronguns, was he nasty to you growing up? The whole ribs issue makes it sound so much worse then it may be but still.....

Wow, if I hadn't seen you in 5 years and you were 75 lbs bigger I would probably barely recognize you too because of your sheer girth. Oh well, he must of been a strong presence in your life nonetheless.
75 pounds in 5 years is only a 1.25 pounds a month which isn't that hard to do if you're eating well and training hard. Especially if you do squats which work the whole body.

He would grab me and just squeeze until it hurt and I had to ask him to stop. He was quite a jerk about it. I've been lifting since I was 11 years old but didn't really get into serious strength training until I was about 24, after college. My brother is 2 years younger, but was really into all kinds of sports and did lots of strength training for high school football. So by the time he was 17 he was stronger than me and enjoyed reminding me of that fact. In fact now that I think about it I started serious training just about the time he got his job and left the area.
  #614   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
The Insatiable Poster

It sounds like strength training was in your blood. If he was into training too, it could be genetic. Sibling rivalry! ! ! ! !
  #615   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Up until now compliments on my progress have come basically from family. I did post a current picture of myself on my facebook and some friends commented that I'm looking good, and that was cool, but yesterday I got a compliment that really gave me a rush.

My cousin and her boyfriend were down for a quick visit. He's 18, small, but ripped and fit. He saw the new equipment we had added to my uncle's garage and asked how my workouts were going. We chit chatted a bit about my advancements. I went ahead and did my chest and shoulders workout. Got a good pump going from that. I went inside to hang out a bit. I was standing by the counter in the kitchen. My cousin's boyfriend came up behind me and gave my shoulders a few rubs. He went "Damn you're really getting musclely there bro!" Caught me a bit off guard actually and I sort of just laughed. Uncle chimed in with how dedicated I've been to my workouts. I felt REAL good about that
  #616   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Orlando

Congratulations, dodoria.

I've been in Orlando all week for an annual internal meeting with colleagues from around the world. I've gotten numerous comments from co-workers about my size gains. Even one external friend grasped my meaty arm this afternoon.

The highlight of the trip so far though was the end of a day and a half of training. The instructor told us to turn to the person next to us and armwrestle. I am 5'9" and close to 230 with 18+" guns. My German counterpart is about 5'11" and probably 135 when soaking wet. I just stared him down before we got ready to begin. The look in his eyes was complete terror . Then the instructor told us the purpose of the activity and there was no pain to be inflicted upon my German friend.

Afterwards, he expressed great relief that we had not really had to wrestle. I told him not to worry that I'd never hurt him. He then reached out and grabbed my arm and said, "That's a good thing!" Ah, muscle is good!
  #617   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Pix, dammit, pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #618   Add to steele's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM

steele is on a distinguished road
First Time Posting

We received matching logo polos at a staff meeting today and a co-worker told me to be careful so I don't rip the arms out. At 5ft10 and 180 lbs, I don't think of myself as a big guy, but I guess people have noticed. I'm surprised that colleagues always comment on my arms (they usually say "guns"), because I feel they're one of my lagging body parts.
  #619   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
We received matching logo polos at a staff meeting today and a co-worker told me to be careful so I don't rip the arms out. At 5ft10 and 180 lbs, I don't think of myself as a big guy, but I guess people have noticed. I'm surprised that colleagues always comment on my arms (they usually say "guns"), because I feel they're one of my lagging body parts.
A. Its visible
B. you're thinking like a bodybuilder (proportions), they just see arms that are bigger than what they're used to. I share the same experience..
  #620   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Was at a bar with friends from work and after a really good time quite a few people left and I was there with just a handful of female co-workers when we were comparing when we got up in the morning. I said 4am and someone said, "yeah, but you go to the gym before work," and then the conversation turned into hoots and catcalls about my body.

One lady began feeling my arm, another said, "you're getting huge", and another of my 'buddies' yelled, "and when are you going to get a t-shirt that fits?"

"Time to move up into XL shirts?" I asked.

"Yeah," she agreed.

"I'm getting bigger shirts," I replied, "these 2XL's are getting tight. Many of my work shirts are now 3XL."

"That's a 2XL?" she asked and her eyes went wide.

I feel big today.
  #621   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:11 AM

mutador
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
Was at a bar with friends from work and after a really good time quite a few people left and I was there with just a handful of female co-workers when we were comparing when we got up in the morning. I said 4am and someone said, "yeah, but you go to the gym before work," and then the conversation turned into hoots and catcalls about my body.

One lady began feeling my arm, another said, "you're getting huge", and another of my 'buddies' yelled, "and when are you going to get a t-shirt that fits?"

"Time to move up into XL shirts?" I asked.

"Yeah," she agreed.

"I'm getting bigger shirts," I replied, "these 2XL's are getting tight. Many of my work shirts are now 3XL."

"That's a 2XL?" she asked and her eyes went wide.

I feel big today.
PICS!! please we want to see pics
  #622   Add to getbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:51 AM

getbigger is on a distinguished road
Smile

So going to a party at a friend's house last night, as I approached he husband saw me first, and was like, "Damn dude, did you get stung be a bunch of bees?" I said, "No, why!" His response was, "Your arms and chest look like they have swollen up over the last few months!" That felt pretty good!
  #623   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2011, 05:38 PM

Bumped into a friend from the gym tonight who said I looked like I was 'really' bulking up.

Made my day.

bulkybud
  #624   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM

At work today I was waiting for our IT guy to move out of the doorway with his children and he hurried them along but held the door for me and said, "I shouldn't let the door smash someone in the face."

My almost witty quip was, "Well, unless you wanted the door to smash them in the face."

His response was, "You're a big, brawny guy. You'd break me in two"

We chatted about weight-training for a minute (he lifts as well), and moved on.

Still smilin' about it.

bulkybud
  #625   Add to size15shox's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM

size15shox is on a distinguished road
Inspiration

I don't have any current stories to tell, since I've gotten pretty lazy in the last few years. I still enjoy cycling (usually 30-50 miles a ride), but it's probably been 5 years since I put together at least 3 months of lifting 4 times a week every week.

In the last couple days, I read this entire thread start to finish, and it has really inspired me to get off my ass and lift regularly again. Well, this thread plus an encounter last week.

Last Friday at WOB (World of Beer), there was a hugely built shorter dude, maybe 5-7 or 5-8, and I couldn't stop starting at his chest, his arms, and his awesome, shelf-like bum. After a couple beers, I walked up to him, shook his hand, patted his shoulder and told him something like, "Congrats on the lifting dude. You've inspired me to get off my fat ass and into the gym again."
  #626   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:58 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by size15shox View Post
Last Friday at WOB (World of Beer), there was a hugely built shorter dude, maybe 5-7 or 5-8, and I couldn't stop starting at his chest, his arms, and his awesome, shelf-like bum. After a couple beers, I walked up to him, shook his hand, patted his shoulder and told him something like, "Congrats on the lifting dude. You've inspired me to get off my fat ass and into the gym again."
Good to hear. We shorter built guys need the positive reinforcement of motivating big guys like you! Hope your return goes smoothly and your results are self-motivating.
  #627   Add to chitownbber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM

chitownbber is on a distinguished road
i enjoy sports - and try a lot of different sports and physical activities whenever i can just to keep things interesting.

i had a long run of strict lifting, cardio, and good diet and was really getting into how i looked and i knew people were noticing. so i was assigned to a project near this huge aquatics complex. so i bought a few tiny speedos and decided to do some lap swimming after work.

one afternoon i quit a little early because i was so jazzed to hit the pool. i entered the locker room and evidently a local high school swim team used the facility for swim practice and all these high school guys were in the locker room horsing around, being loud, acting like typical high school guys. i walk in in street clothes and they did not even notice me.

i went to the end/ last row of lockers where i had a section to myself, changed and put everything in my locker. then i walked out to the pool in just my speedo. out of the corner of my eye i could see one kid tap his buddy on the arm and point at me and all of them stoped dead in their tracks, it got really quiet and heads turned to stare. as i went around the corner out of sight but still within earshot i could hear one of them say "holy shit did you see that guy? talk about fucking jacked - " another kid said "fuck i want arms like that" and someone else said "i wish i could get my chest to look like that"

it was such a huge rush and i definitely got a chubby bordering on all out wood which was interesting to say the least given how i was dressed

as i was on the pool deck i noticed a bunch of them coming out of the locker room and looking in my direction - im sure it was to take a look - so - while pretending not to notice them i pretended to be stretching and gave a few pec bounces etc. i think i j'ed off at least a half a dozen times that night
  #628   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2011, 03:35 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Chitownbber,
Kudos to you on a great story!

And props for all the hard work it took to get that reaction!

You're inspiring!

Mdlftr
  #629   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Chitownbber,
Kudos to you on a great story!

And props for all the hard work it took to get that reaction!

You're inspiring!

Mdlftr
What he said! Well done, Chitownbber!
  #630   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM

This morning in the gym and guy I see around the gym now and then said that I was looking bigger and lifting a lot more weight and then he asked if I was on drugs.
I told him that I was using drugs- Ibuprofen, and that I was using more of it than I should.

bulkybud
  #631   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:35 AM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
My Experiences

I always read this site, and especially this thread, but never really considered that I had anything to add. But I got to thinking lately and realized that I do.

The most recent reaction that I've gotten was early this week when someone came over at the gym and mentioned that it looked like I lost some weight and that I look thinner. Now for someone that is always trying to gain size that may not be great. But I have been trying to lose weight around my waist. I had grown out of my 36 inch pants and the only thing I had been fitting into were 38's. That was a real wake-up call. I'm glad to say that I'm back down to size 36 and have recently been able to buy new pants in this size.

Earlier this summer I was on a business trip with some colleagues from work. On the last night of the trip we went out for drinks. At the end of the night there were a lot of hugs and back slapping as we said goodbye. One of my co-workers who is a tall good looking blonde guy grabbed me by the shoulder/upper arm and remarked that I had some serious guns. My arms are actually one of my best body parts so I wasn't surprised. However since the office has a very formal dress code I can't really show them off in my dress shirts.

More on my arms. Two years ago I was training and there were two fit young good looking guys that came over to use the bench next to me. The first guy was teasing the second guy saying his arms were bigger. The second guy wasn't amused and just wanted to train. Finally the first guy notices me watching them and asks "whose arms are bigger?" Before I could answer the second guy looks at me and then at his friend and says "His arms are!" -- meaning me.

As more of these compliments really start to sink into my thick skull I'll be sure to share them with you.
  #632   Add to Big RR's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM

Big RR is on a distinguished road
Big Arms!

Hell yes! Keep up the growth and the post! Get freaky huge and stronger than 100 Supermen! From the sounds of it, you are more than well on your way! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! FEELS SO GOOD AND OUT OF THIS WORLD DOESN'T IT BIG MAN?!!

Best,
Big RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard View Post
I always read this site, and especially this thread, but never really considered that I had anything to add. But I got to thinking lately and realized that I do.

The most recent reaction that I've gotten was early this week when someone came over at the gym and mentioned that it looked like I lost some weight and that I look thinner. Now for someone that is always trying to gain size that may not be great. But I have been trying to lose weight around my waist. I had grown out of my 36 inch pants and the only thing I had been fitting into were 38's. That was a real wake-up call. I'm glad to say that I'm back down to size 36 and have recently been able to buy new pants in this size.

Earlier this summer I was on a business trip with some colleagues from work. On the last night of the trip we went out for drinks. At the end of the night there were a lot of hugs and back slapping as we said goodbye. One of my co-workers who is a tall good looking blonde guy grabbed me by the shoulder/upper arm and remarked that I had some serious guns. My arms are actually one of my best body parts so I wasn't surprised. However since the office has a very formal dress code I can't really show them off in my dress shirts.

More on my arms. Two years ago I was training and there were two fit young good looking guys that came over to use the bench next to me. The first guy was teasing the second guy saying his arms were bigger. The second guy wasn't amused and just wanted to train. Finally the first guy notices me watching them and asks "whose arms are bigger?" Before I could answer the second guy looks at me and then at his friend and says "His arms are!" -- meaning me.

As more of these compliments really start to sink into my thick skull I'll be sure to share them with you.
  #633   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
Love this thread. Great stories rockhard, keep em coming.

Had my own the other day. Was home for a family dinner with the whole extended family a couple of weeks ago. nothing formal, and i was wearing a new tshirt i got (captain america, im a dork and love superheros). Anyways, my entire family kept coming up to me and asking if i was working out, which i always have been and they knew that. then my little cousin came up to me and started poking my biceps and saying how hard they were. it was a little strange but a nice ego boost.

then a few days ago, i just got out of the shower and had to talk to my roommate who also works out hard. i was shirtless and didnt really have a pump or anything and he said, "Dude, you're huge!" Hadnt really noticed myself but i have been working out harder and more consistently so its nice to see that its been paying off.
  #634   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 09:34 PM

A friends son just came home from his first semester at college having lost 15 pounds but at the same time replaced fat with muscle. Challenged his dad to arm wrestle and asked me to be the ref. Took off his shirt and darned if he didn't have a decent 6-pack. Anyway they got in position. His arms were maybe 15 inches, but definitely bigger than when he left. I said go and then watched the face of my friend. At first nothing happened except they both got red in the face from the strain. Then slowly my buddy began to get the upper hand on his son. He finally beat the kid, but it was a hard fought battle.
  #635   Add to dhalden's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM

dhalden is on a distinguished road
My sister came home today, whom I haven't seen since about August. The first thing she did when she hugged me was remark that I "was looking big and burly" and ask me if I've been working out while she squeezed my shoulders and arms. I gave the usual "A little bit", but chuckled inside. I can thank No-Shave November for the "burly" part, I guess.
  #636   Add to HulkinGrowth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:24 AM

HulkinGrowth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to HulkinGrowth
Hi guys, new member here, this is my first post! Came across this site the other day, and so far have really enjoyed reading this thread and the "when you notice" one.

Anyway, even though it wasn't a recent experience, I'm reminded of the first time someone noticed enough to say something.

I started lifting seriously when I went away for college, and after about a year when I was back home for one of my visits, I came back home after spending a day out with friends. I hadn't yet felt the need to buy new clothes, so I was enjoying the fact that my T shirts were feeling more snug, but didn't think it was enough for anyone else to notice.

Anyway, I walk in the house and my mom had some of her female friends over for tea or gossip or whatever they do. I said hello to them as I walked through the room and down to the basement where my room was. Very shortly I heard muffled giggling thru the floor, so I quietly crept up the stairs to hear what was so funny, and one of my mom's friends said "your son's becoming a real hunk", to which a few more giggles followed.

A couple days later, when I was loading the car to head back to school, my mom kinda casually asked if I needed any money to buy new clothes!

Although I just declined and said thanks, I wonder what would have happened if I had hit a double bicep pose and said "nope, not ripping yet!"
  #637   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
As usual:

Pix, dammit, pix!

Stats, dammit, stats!

xoxo

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkinGrowth View Post
Hi guys, new member here, this is my first post! Came across this site the other day, and so far have really enjoyed reading this thread and the "when you notice" one.

Anyway, even though it wasn't a recent experience, I'm reminded of the first time someone noticed enough to say something.

I started lifting seriously when I went away for college, and after about a year when I was back home for one of my visits, I came back home after spending a day out with friends. I hadn't yet felt the need to buy new clothes, so I was enjoying the fact that my T shirts were feeling more snug, but didn't think it was enough for anyone else to notice.

Anyway, I walk in the house and my mom had some of her female friends over for tea or gossip or whatever they do. I said hello to them as I walked through the room and down to the basement where my room was. Very shortly I heard muffled giggling thru the floor, so I quietly crept up the stairs to hear what was so funny, and one of my mom's friends said "your son's becoming a real hunk", to which a few more giggles followed.

A couple days later, when I was loading the car to head back to school, my mom kinda casually asked if I needed any money to buy new clothes!

Although I just declined and said thanks, I wonder what would have happened if I had hit a double bicep pose and said "nope, not ripping yet!"
  #638   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM

Yeah, Jpegs or it didnt happen!
  #639   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:13 PM

saab is on a distinguished road
Was standing in front of the tv at work and the boss says "move over Schwarzenegger I can't see the tv!" This was just after a coworker said I was looking bigger than a line backer! I love being built!!
  #640   Add to musclekid7's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:33 PM

musclekid7 is on a distinguished road
i'm definitely not one of the biggest guys on here--i don't even feel 'buff' yet--but since i started my transformation in january, i've had a couple great moments:

during the summer, my work has a really relaxed dress code--new york is too hot and sweaty to go around in button-downs all the time. so i wore t-shirts may-august, basically. around june, my boss was walking by and stopped, looked at my arms, and asked if i had been working out... pretty sure i blushed through that. my coworker ribbed me reaaaal hard about that....

then around august, he was walking by again and stopped, and addressing my coworker, said "ok, here's my question: when are his biceps going to *stop* growing?" ...both embarrassing and SO motivating.

octoberish, i had a little housewarming party, and toward the end of the night, when the circle of people had gotten a bit smaller, my old friend says very loudly, "damn man, you've always been fit but you've gotten BUFF in the last few months"... and then ten people suddenly stopped their conversations, all turned to me, and started saying 'yeah!' 'your arms are so big!' 'it looks good!'

then just last night, i was talking to my bf, who has at least 10lbs of muscle on me and is a huge inspiration to me for getting bigger, and sorta out of nowhere he says all sexy-like, 'you know, you've gotten pretty alpha...' which was the BIGGEST turn on, all i could think was 'you ain't seen nothin yet...'

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options