The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #721   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
When it rains, it pours. No comments for weeks and then this week all kinds of comments on my progress:

Was in the gym doing tricep extensions, or pushdowns, when I noticed what appeared to be a father and son team watching me. When I was done I turned to them and said hello.
The younger one asked, “how heavy is that?”
“120 pounds,” I answered.
“I only do 40,” he said.
“I used to do 40 too,” I said, trying to be supportive.
“See?” said the older one to the young one, “keep working on it and you’ll have arms as big as his.”

I’m still smilin’.

Last edited by bulkybud; July 27th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #722   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:33 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Amnesia after hypnosis is optional. It is, in some ways, like having a second personality in control, and some of the way we access memories has to do with association keyed to what roles or activities we're doing.

SOME hypnotists like to give suggestions to block off memory, but others consider that unethical; it's disturbing to some people to have holes in their memory, but more disturbing to others to have the feeling of having been out of their own control.
  #723   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnrg View Post
Amnesia after hypnosis is optional. It is, in some ways, like having a second personality in control, and some of the way we access memories has to do with association keyed to what roles or activities we're doing.

SOME hypnotists like to give suggestions to block off memory, but others consider that unethical; it's disturbing to some people to have holes in their memory, but more disturbing to others to have the feeling of having been out of their own control.
My obligatory post whenever anyone brings up hypnosis.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!!

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #724   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnrg View Post

It also depends on the subject. Some people just naturally react to trance that way and forget anything that was said to them or that they did. It's a case by case thing, affected by:

-hypnotist's abilities/preferences
-subject's abilities/preferences
-the goals of both parties
-the setting in which the hypnosis is performed
-the relationship between the hypnotist and the subject. if the subject doesn't know/trust the hypnotist, s/he could keep up walls that prevent amnesia, even if the hypnotist suggests it.
  #725   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoria21 View Post
this may be a unique story...

the other night I decided to try getting hypnotized at the local state fair. turns out it worked. was so relaxed that whatever the hypnotist said, I just did without questioning. Just so happens at one point, she told us all that we were bodybuilders at a venice muscle beach show, and it was time to strike some poses. So I flexed Did a front double bi, some tricep poses. quick most muscular, and a back double bi. I was aware of what I was doing. Heard a few whistles from the crowd. I happened to have the biggest muscles out of everyone on stage, so that very well could've been meant for me heheh. After the show, my uncle said he knew I was getting big, but didn't realize i was THAT big. Needless to say, I was in an awesome mood the rest of the day
The infamous "THEY" say you can't be hypnotized to do anything that goes against your nature...sooooooo...apparently you don't have any real problem showing off the muscles in front of a crowd .

I've been hypnotized years ago by a friend who happened to be a therapist who was happy to teach me some relaxation techniques. I was aware of what was happening the whole time but the physical sensation of "floating" was amazing...especially when you're my size and you're more used to sinking like a BRICK .
  #726   Add to reborndragon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM

reborndragon is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker sharing my own experience...

I was 110 when I started working out (underweight for my height), and have worked my way up to 150. Not impressive compared to a lot of guys on here but to people that knew me, it came as a shock. Tonight I was out with friends and we went to get food. They kept kept messing up my food order. One of my friends actually said "wow, I knew you had been working out but it really showed after they got your order wrong for a second time. You literally swelled up. I kind of hope they do it a 3rd time so we can watch you hulk out." When I tried to tell him he was exaggerating everyone else spoke up and said it was clear I had frightened the waiter. Needless to say I was feeling good when I got home (and slightly guilty, I didn't mean to come off threatening).
  #727   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:15 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborndragon View Post
Long time lurker sharing my own experience...

I was 110 when I started working out (underweight for my height), and have worked my way up to 150. Not impressive compared to a lot of guys on here but to people that knew me, it came as a shock. Tonight I was out with friends and we went to get food. They kept kept messing up my food order. One of my friends actually said "wow, I knew you had been working out but it really showed after they got your order wrong for a second time. You literally swelled up. I kind of hope they do it a 3rd time so we can watch you hulk out." When I tried to tell him he was exaggerating everyone else spoke up and said it was clear I had frightened the waiter. Needless to say I was feeling good when I got home (and slightly guilty, I didn't mean to come off threatening).
Good story!

I think the idea of my being intimidating pretty laughable but apparently it's the case (for some people...!)

xoxo

Richard
  #728   Add to reborndragon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:44 AM

reborndragon is on a distinguished road
lol I don't consider myself intimidating but apparently I'm relentless when I'm hungry.
  #729   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I've begun sharing some pics of myself on my facebook (most are the ones I post here on my growth journey thread). This has definitely led to many comments in the real world about my progress. Today was an especially fun day at work.

The supervisor, ben, needed to load boxes on a hand cart to take to our supply closet. The girls called me over to help him lift them. One of them said "we all know you can cuz you got all those big muscles you put on facebook". That led to all this teasing about me flexing in mirrors and all. The female supervisor joked that it got this co-worker all hot and bothered, and that co-worker couldn't say much besides laughing. The supervisor was like "I don't hear you denying it!"

Then, as I helped ben load the boxes, the angle we were at forced me to just use one hand, which was fine. The boxes really weren't that heavy to me. One girl went "look at ben needing both arms to carry that and brad (me) only needing one hand"

And the best was one of them grabbing my arm real quick saying how big it was.

So needless to say, it was a good day, and I can't wait to grow even more now
  #730   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
My best friend and I don't really talk much about working out or muscle growth actually, he's built a bit differently, more heavy set, though he's all about running. So we were talking about that yesterday, and he mentions when he's at his gym, he always sees these big guys staring at themselves in the mirror and flexing and how obnoxious it is. Then he mentioned they do the little pec bounce thing, and it's "so weird", and how he doesnt even understand how you learn to do it. So then I just mention "You know I can do it right?" And immediately I start bouncing my pecs in front of his face. His face dropped and suddenly he was stuttering saying "oh wow, I didnt realize how big your chest is til just now, damn"...

Sometimes when you've known someone for a long time, they don't notice whats right in front of them. I realized as much as I show off, I never actually flex around him or my family. That might have to change...
  #731   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear89 View Post
So then I just mention "You know I can do it right?" And immediately I start bouncing my pecs in front of his face. His face dropped and suddenly he was stuttering saying "oh wow, I didnt realize how big your chest is til just now, damn"...
Pix, dammit, pix!

On second thought...

Vids, dammit, vids!

xoxo

Richard
  #732   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Ok so after roughly 10 years of ON AGAIN- OFF AGAIN training, I am now staying ON AGAIN. I was not in horrible shape, most people could tell that I lifted weights. But back in May I measured my (relaxed) waistline at a whopping 37" , 17.5" arms, 45.5" chest at 200 lbs.
My pecs had a genuine man-boob thing going. It all hit me at once that I was turning into a fat ex-jock that would be telling old stories. I'm not 30 anymore and have to navigate through arthritis and lower testosterone levels ...I want my musclebod back. Hell, I hope I can get even bigger with all the recovery and amino supplements out there. So, at this point I am trying to surprise myself by not looking directly into mirrors, no measurements or weigh-ins until I'm ready.
So far so good, I can tell my waistline is trimming down, my arms, shoulders, pecs back are beefing up and people seem to be "distracted" when I walk by. There was a moment when I checked in at the front desk of a gym (about 4 or 5 young guys stopped chatting) and as I got past the desk, I heard "D-A-A-YUM!!". Weeks later, I got some groceries and as I put the bags into the car, I turned to see another 2 guys behind me almost mesmerized at my back as they headed to their car.
  #733   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6 View Post
So far so good, I can tell my waistline is trimming down, my arms, shoulders, pecs back are beefing up and people seem to be "distracted" when I walk by. There was a moment when I checked in at the front desk of a gym (about 4 or 5 young guys stopped chatting) and as I got past the desk, I heard "D-A-A-YUM!!". Weeks later, I got some groceries and as I put the bags into the car, I turned to see another 2 guys behind me almost mesmerized at my back as they headed to their car.
Great work, Ottomun! I'll be looking forward to the new stats AND the new pix!

After 18 months of flailing around I finally hired a personal trainer a few weeks ago and that's going along great! He's what I call a "smart" meathead: Totally understands "never too big" but also "correct form is paramount." And he digs it that I always give him one more rep than he asks for. :-)

Hopefully when we do our next cruise (Australia-Indonesia, in February) I'll feel like taking my shirt off again!

xoxo

Richard
  #734   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
As someone who is a contemporary of Arpeejay's, I totally understand the whole -- "Whoah, I'm NOT 25 any more! Damn you, midnight M&M snacks! Scr$w you, dips and chip! Give me my regular pants back! Not the "stout" pants!! NOoooooo"

Seriously, I work with a trainer twice a week. He's very good and helps me work around the various body parts that are 'acting up' that week: back, knee, neck, left elbow.....etc. etc.

The results DO take a bit longer that when I was 25 (Hey, at 25 I didn't lift at all -- thought it was boring) but I feel great and look better ! (He said "immodestly")

Good luck with the workouts, Arpeejay and Ottomun! Rooting for ya'

Mdlftr (who worked out yesterday!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Great work, Ottomun! I'll be looking forward to the new stats AND the new pix!

After 18 months of flailing around I finally hired a personal trainer a few weeks ago and that's going along great! He's what I call a "smart" meathead: Totally understands "never too big" but also "correct form is paramount." And he digs it that I always give him one more rep than he asks for. :-)

Hopefully when we do our next cruise (Australia-Indonesia, in February) I'll feel like taking my shirt off again!

xoxo

Richard
  #735   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
been getting alot of complements (and stares) lately. but the incident that takes the cake happened after i got home from the gym this afternoon. i park across the street and load my arms with stuff to bring inside. before i could go through the door the young lady standing by a Uhaul asks me if i could help put a tv in her car.i tell her to let me put my stuff inside and i'll come out. when i came back all of her friends were outside trying to figure out how they would get the job done. she notices me and tells me that its in the truck so i go around and the thing was HHHEEEUUUGGGEEE!!!! everyone laughed when they saw my eyes get big. anyway another guy and i tried but couldn't get it in the car so one of the friends got her car and we had no problem fitting it in that one. now when one of the girls realized that i was going to help with the t.v. her exact words were, "Now that's what i'm talking about!" needless to say i felt tre
  #736   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
. her exact words were, "Now that's what i'm talking about!" needless to say i felt tre
How many times do I gotta say it?!

Stats, dammit, stats!

Pix, dammit, pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #737   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:42 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
so today at the gym I was chatting with this middle aged guy I sometimes chat with. As we were talking he just said kinda out of nowhere "you know you've gotten a lot bigger lately. maybe you don't have to worry about getting a job in meteorology. you can just be a bodybuilder" loved it haha
  #738   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoria21 View Post
so today at the gym I was chatting with this middle aged guy I sometimes chat with. As we were talking he just said kinda out of nowhere "you know you've gotten a lot bigger lately. maybe you don't have to worry about getting a job in meteorology. you can just be a bodybuilder" loved it haha
That's so awesome!
  #739   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Today in the gym I had a gentleman approach me while I was doing alternating dumbbell hammer curls. He asked a couple of quick questions, like "how long have I been coming to the gym" and "how often do I come" It was great that he followed up with a great compliment, saying how much bigger I've gotten since I joined this smaller gym. Really made my day. Though I'm still trying to lose my stubborn fat around my belt line. Still It was great to hear that least one or two are seeing my growing bigger.

Today I had done some test measurements as I get close to the end of the month. I'm now just hugging 50 inches on my chest.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #740   Add to Stoneman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:08 PM

Stoneman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoneman
I have two recent incidents to report.

I went to a barbecue a month back with some teammates, and right as I was leaving, I had a friend hug me. After that he stood back, looked at me quizzically and went "...you've gotten.... wider."

And last night I went to see a band some of my coworkers are in, wearing a snug new white t-shirt. I saw a friend there who I hadn't seen since probably May, and he went "What, did you gain 30 pounds?" which is funny, since I've actually lost weight since May.
  #741   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
I have two recent incidents to report.

I went to a barbecue a month back with some teammates, and right as I was leaving, I had a friend hug me. After that he stood back, looked at me quizzically and went "...you've gotten.... wider."

And last night I went to see a band some of my coworkers are in, wearing a snug new white t-shirt. I saw a friend there who I hadn't seen since probably May, and he went "What, did you gain 30 pounds?" which is funny, since I've actually lost weight since May.
Cool beans. Keep up the good work!

-- R
  #742   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
X2 Stone, congrats!
  #743   Add to wildblue's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:01 AM
Mass Builder

wildblue is on a distinguished road
Its been a while since I posted anything, but I had an incident last week that I think you'll enjoy. I was shopping for groceries and a pass a lady looking at the health and beauty aids. I get to the other end of the aisle and I hear someone calling somebody. I thought it was someone on their phone. It was the lady that I past, trying to get my attention. She stopped me and said I had the best traps she'd ever seen and that she'd love to work on them. She then hands me her business card. She's a massage therapist and has never worked on anybody with any muscle
  #744   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM

Well, well, this never happens to me but...

I was working out with Brandon this afternoon and we were both discussing the need to schedule haircuts when this bald guy about my age snorted and said, "Oh, cry me a river, at least you have hair!" Then he pointed out his started falling out about the same time his skin cleared up!

So it was MY turn to point out that I'm 54 and still getting zits!

"You're 54? Really? I'm 51 and I would never have guessed! Whatever program he's got you on you better stick with it!"

I think that was right after I did a set of seated Smith machine shoulder press with 195 lbs., which is a LOT for me. Made it all worthwhile!

xoxo

Richard
  #745   Add to wildblue's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mass Builder

wildblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Well, well, this never happens to me but...

I was working out with Brandon this afternoon and we were both discussing the need to schedule haircuts when this bald guy about my age snorted and said, "Oh, cry me a river, at least you have hair!" Then he pointed out his started falling out about the same time his skin cleared up!

So it was MY turn to point out that I'm 54 and still getting zits!

"You're 54? Really? I'm 51 and I would never have guessed! Whatever program he's got you on you better stick with it!"

I think that was right after I did a set of seated Smith machine shoulder press with 195 lbs., which is a LOT for me. Made it all worthwhile!

xoxo

Richard
Its definately worth it. Especially when you look at your peers, of a similar age, and you look way younger than they do, because you take care of yourself.
  #746   Add to jlswed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:38 PM

jlswed is on a distinguished road
Got noticed today.

So, first time posting, long time lurker, you know the drill. I've been working out for several years now and ran into a friend I haven't seen in about three years. We were at a beach house and I was in my bathing suit. He took one look and said, "Whoa, are you on a cycle?" I was taken by surprise and it took a minute for me to realize he was wondering if I was juicing! I just smiled and said, "No, just working out regularly." It was really nice to hear!
  #747   Add to chitownbber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM

chitownbber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblue View Post
Its been a while since I posted anything, but I had an incident last week that I think you'll enjoy. I was shopping for groceries and a pass a lady looking at the health and beauty aids. I get to the other end of the aisle and I hear someone calling somebody. I thought it was someone on their phone. It was the lady that I past, trying to get my attention. She stopped me and said I had the best traps she'd ever seen and that she'd love to work on them. She then hands me her business card. She's a massage therapist and has never worked on anybody with any muscle

back when i was in killer shape i contemplated competing. i was killing it in the gym and started to get a little stupid in terms of the amounts of weight i was using on squats, deadlifts, etc. sure enough, i pulled something and was in a bit of pain, so i scheduled my first ever massage.

since i was into my body and had something to show, i would get all of my body hair removed (waxed) fairly regularly.

so i went for my massage during the work day in my business attire. it was the usual drill: masseus hands me a towel and says "undress, lay face down on the table and I will come back in in a minute"

so I did. he comes back in and says "whoa....dude....your fucking jacked.....nice back and delts" which I must admit felt amazing and thankfully everything down below was properly positioned because just hearing him say that caused a reaction down there if you know what i mean

so he goeas about the massage asking me questions about training and diet etc. then it comes time to roll over on to my back. his reaction to my pecs was exhilirating to say the least. it was beyond awesome hearing him praise them while massaging. he kept saying stuff like "whats it like being built? it must feel great" etc....when he asked what bodypart or parts i liked to train, since i was lying on my back and he was standing near my head, i took my arms and flexed them and gave him a double bi and said "definitely arms" which were around 20 inches at the time

it was such a great experience i scheduled another with him a few months later. this time when we met in the room i told him he did not have to leave and that he could stay and watch and i removed my shirt. he was astonished "fuck dude, youve gotten bigger" so i bounced the pecs and slowly raised my arms for a double bi......he went crazy

he became my motivation for a long time and i scheduled massages every few months until one day i found out he no longer worked there....it was a major MAJOR bummer
  #748   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownbber View Post
back when i was in killer shape i contemplated competing. i was killing it in the gym and started to get a little stupid in terms of the amounts of weight i was using on squats, deadlifts, etc. sure enough, i pulled something and was in a bit of pain, so i scheduled my first ever massage.

since i was into my body and had something to show, i would get all of my body hair removed (waxed) fairly regularly.

so i went for my massage during the work day in my business attire. it was the usual drill: masseus hands me a towel and says "undress, lay face down on the table and I will come back in in a minute"

so I did. he comes back in and says "whoa....dude....your fucking jacked.....nice back and delts" which I must admit felt amazing and thankfully everything down below was properly positioned because just hearing him say that caused a reaction down there if you know what i mean

so he goeas about the massage asking me questions about training and diet etc. then it comes time to roll over on to my back. his reaction to my pecs was exhilirating to say the least. it was beyond awesome hearing him praise them while massaging. he kept saying stuff like "whats it like being built? it must feel great" etc....when he asked what bodypart or parts i liked to train, since i was lying on my back and he was standing near my head, i took my arms and flexed them and gave him a double bi and said "definitely arms" which were around 20 inches at the time

it was such a great experience i scheduled another with him a few months later. this time when we met in the room i told him he did not have to leave and that he could stay and watch and i removed my shirt. he was astonished "fuck dude, youve gotten bigger" so i bounced the pecs and slowly raised my arms for a double bi......he went crazy

he became my motivation for a long time and i scheduled massages every few months until one day i found out he no longer worked there....it was a major MAJOR bummer

wwwwwwwait-aminute.. you've got 20" arms, and proportional body to match, and you have to schedule a message to get complimented?

May I suggest a tighter T-shirt?
  #749   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:31 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
Shore experience

Went to the Jersey shore this weekend and ran into a few friends I haven't seen in 10 years. They said they almost didn't recognize me with all the muscle, which I took as a great compliment. But one of them shook my hand and then wouldn't let go and kept squeezing my hand harder and harder. I stood there and let him have his fun because it wasn't hurting me at all, then I started squeezing back until I saw the pain in his face and felt him release his grip. One of the other guys was watching this lopsided strength test and says, "his forearms are bigger than your biceps, do you really think you stand a chance?" It struck me just how easy it would have been to break some bones in his hand. Always got to remember it would be easy to seriously hurt someone of average strength.

Last edited by stronguns; September 9th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013)
  #750   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2012, 05:07 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Went to the Jersey shore this weekend and ran into a few friends I haven't seen in 10 years. They said they almost didn't recognize me with all the muscle, which I took as a great compliment. But one of them shook my hand and then wouldn't let go and kept squeezing my hand harder and harder. I stood there and let him have his fun because it wasn't hurting me at all, then I started squeezing back until I saw the pain in his face and felt him release his grip. One of the other guys was watching this lopsided strength test and says, "his forearms are bigger than your biceps, do you really think you stand a chance?" It struck me just how easy it would have been to break some bones in his hand. Always got to remember it would be easy to seriously hurt someone of average strength.
Don't you just LOVE it when someone trys to challenge you and you just slap 'em down? Good for you! The realization that you COULD have done some damage to his hand wasn't lost on him, either! He'll think of you as the big, strong guy now and will think twice before messing with you!

Keep lifting!

Mdlftr
  #751   Add to dw2098lj's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM

dw2098lj is on a distinguished road
Thought I'd add my own experiences..

Been working out for nearly a year now. I'm 6'2 and used to weight 70kg..now up to 76. I was very slim before but now starting to fill out a bit...particularly my chest and biceps.

Recently, my friends and family have started commenting on how I look much "bigger", "broader" and "bulked up". I've had direct compliments of my chest and biceps as well

Feels amazing! Still a long way to go before I get to where I want to be though.
  #752   Add to curinga's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM

curinga is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2098lj View Post
Thought I'd add my own experiences..

Been working out for nearly a year now. I'm 6'2 and used to weight 70kg..now up to 76. I was very slim before but now starting to fill out a bit...particularly my chest and biceps.

Recently, my friends and family have started commenting on how I look much "bigger", "broader" and "bulked up". I've had direct compliments of my chest and biceps as well

Feels amazing! Still a long way to go before I get to where I want to be though.
be sure it will never be enough!! keep growing man!! (and post pictures )
  #753   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Last weekend I was out bike riding with 4 friends I haven't seen in many years. They couldn't believe how big I've gotten, but apparently didn't realize how strong I might be. Anyway they challenged each other to a race to the top of the next hill which was a good mile away and quite steep. They looked at me and said don't worry we'll wait for you at the top of the hill and laughed. They figured at 245 pounds there was no way I could get to the top faster than them. Plus they raced all the time. Well I may outweigh each of them by at least 75 pounds, but they didn't count on the fact that a lot of that mass is muscle in my legs. So I let them get a 1/4 the way up the hill and I started after them, blew by them and sat there waiting at the top. It was easy and frankly I was barely winded. They got there breathing heavy, barely able to speak and asked how I did it. I just pulled my shorts up and flexed my thighs, which were now nicely pumped and solid as rocks and showing some nice veins. I think one of them almost lost it in his shorts. Anyway for the rest of the ride I held back so as not to show them up too badly. I heard them talking among themselves wondering just how muscles that large could possibly have so much stamina. I explained that, I guess there is some stamina involved, but the stronger your muscles the less effort it takes to accomplish a task. I can leg press 5 times my body weight, so it it took very little effort for my legs to move that bicycle up the hill even at my body weight.

Last edited by stronguns; September 15th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013)
  #754   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
They figured at 245 pounds there was no way I could get to the top faster than them. Plus they raced all the time. Well I may outweigh each of them by at least 75 pounds, but they didn't count on the fact that a lot of that mass is muscle in my legs. So I let them get a 1/4 the way up the hill and I started after them, blew by them and sat there waiting at the top. It was easy and frankly I was barely winded. They got there breathing heavy, barely able to speak and asked how I did it. I just pulled my shorts up and flexed my thighs, which were now nicely pumped and solid as rocks and showing some nice veins.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Pix, dammit, pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #755   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Late but Great Grower

bbgonnabe is on a distinguished road
Cool

I was at a pharmacy the other day and tried to use one of those machines to test my blood pressure. It was very difficult to get my upper arm into the cylindrical plastic sleeve. I wondered if it could great an accurate wit ith being so tight around my arm. I started the process anyway and suddenly noticed a warning on the console. It stated that the cuff was designed for an average adult arm of "9-13" in cirumference! It further stated that if one had a larger arm then the reading would be unreliable.

I decided to ask the pharmacist if the reading would be too high or two low, thinking she might have a rational basis for guestimating. I told her about the warning label and then said that my arms were around 17.5". Suddenly her eyes light up and a slight grin appeared on her face and she gazed up and down my left arm very quickly. The look on her face and the arm scan made me feel very good. She was also a beautiful young lady, probably the right age for me to be her father. :-(

Oh, I thought the average Amercian male had a 14" arm, something I read in a Men's Health article. I can't imagine my arms being that small. A woman having a 9" arm seems a bit freaky.
  #756   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgonnabe View Post
I was at a pharmacy the other day and tried to use one of those machines to test my blood pressure. It was very difficult to get my upper arm into the cylindrical plastic sleeve. I wondered if it could great an accurate with it being so tight around my arm. I started the process anyway and suddenly noticed a warning on the console. It stated that the cuff was designed for an average adult arm of "9-13" in cirumference! It further stated that if one had a larger arm then the reading would be unreliable.

Oh, I thought the average Amercian male had a 14" arm, something I read in a Men's Health article. I can't imagine my arms being that small. A woman having a 9" arm seems a bit freaky.
I always wonder about the suggested sizes on those machines and why they don't make them bigger. My forearms are over 14 inches so I can't begin to fit my arm in one. I bought my own blood pressure cuff many years ago and had to take it back because it was only meant for arms up to 14". Tried using it but it pops open as soon I try to inflate it.
  #757   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:59 AM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
Compliment at the gym

Been trying to loose some girth around my waist for a while now. I weigh about 225 at 5'11" but my scale that calculates my body fat buts at about 25% which is way high. Even so I have made progress over the last few months and can comfortably fit into several more pants than I used to. For awhile last year there were exactly just 4 pairs of dress pants that I could squeeze into for work.

Anyway I have been working out pretty steady since March and have been receiving some compliments. Today one of the guys in the locker room just came right over and said that I looked awesome. Some off that fat does add extra bulk to to areas besides my waist. My arms and shoulders in particular are looking big. I spent the whole summer wearing sleeveless muscle shirts.

I have also been pushing myself to lifter heavier. bAck at the beginning of the year I tried a program I found in the Vitamin Shoppe's magazine were half the week was spent doing high weight for low reps with lots of rest between sets. What I realized was that I could lift a lot more weight than i thought. Even When I went back to regular routine I tried to use heavier weights even though I was training with higher reps again.

Well last weekend these two young guys that are really built came over to compliment just how strong I was. The one guy said he wouldn't be able to lift that weight. Which is something because the guy is really jacked. His partner who is about 6'5" is built like comic book superhero (and just to make you feel worse the guy is in graduate school). Needless to say I felt pretty good that i impressed them. However i would settle for just looking like them.
  #758   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
DISCLAIMER: the mirror and the camera do not agree with each other when i am the subject so there are no pics

the other day i just got in to work and i go into the kitchen to make a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast when my boss and coworker come in and start talking about how much/often i eat. my boss responds to my coworker's comment by saying that i'm still growing.

a few days ago i'm in the locker room changing into my gym clothes when i happen to look up and this skinny young guy is staring at my chest. hard. he didn't even look away quickly when i looked up like guys usually do when caught staring. needless to say i felt
  #759   Add to ChaCha76's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM

ChaCha76 is on a distinguished road
Comments at a ball game

Was at a ball game at Coors field with a Todd Helton jersey on. Someone yelled at me my shirt should say Giambi on it. Took that as a compliment.
  #760   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:45 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
At the gym

I work at the gym I work out in, and Sunday I was wearing a shirt that's very snug on the sleeves. Two of the regulars commented on how they hope I never have to throw them out at closing time because, and I quote, "Those arms look big!"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options