The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #801   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Honest Ab was the Father of Our Country, wasn't he?

xoxo

Richard

<< ducking >>
I think you're confusing Mr Ab Dominal with that incredible man in the hat, Hey Blinkin'! </menintights>
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #802   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Where's the opposite of the "thank" button? :P
  #803   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
I think you're confusing Mr Ab Dominal with that incredible man in the hat, Hey Blinkin'! </menintights>
..NO, you've got him mixed up with the space explorer, "Ronald Ray-gun!"

He was truly "Lost in Space!"

Mdlftr
  #804   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:51 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Was sitting in the locker room at the gym changing shoes after my back workout today when this kid comes in to get ready for his workout, he looks at me and says, "Hello, big guy."

Big Guy is a pretty ubiquitous greeting in my gym, people half my weight get the same name used on 'em. I said hello back.

Then he said, "You've got some big arms there, dude!"

We chatted arm training for a moment and I left.

It's amazing how one little comment can buoy you up all day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
bbgonnabe (January 30th, 2013), not2bright (January 26th, 2013), worshipper (January 27th, 2013)
  #805   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
went to a get together with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in months. Was wearing a long sleeve shirt, but was getting compliments left and right on how different I looked. Got called a gym rat a few times. One friend asked me to flex my arm. another friend commented that i'm getting really buff. becoming a "monster" haha.

and all in a long sleeve shirt!
bbgonnabe (January 30th, 2013), bulkybud (January 27th, 2013), not2bright (January 27th, 2013), The Magus (January 28th, 2013), worshipper (January 27th, 2013)
  #806   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
We had a fun time this afternoon. Went to the local high school to swim with 2 of my brother-in-laws and 5 of their sons all between the ages of 15 and 19. All but one of them lift regularly and are quite muscular and well above average in size and strength. When we walked out of the lockers after getting into our suits it was like everyone in the pool was seeing aliens before their eyes. Heard one guy say, look at those guys... what is this a bodybuilders convention? Then I heard this lady say to her husband... see that's what abs look like. Thought I would die laughing. Guess they aren't used to seeing so many guys with large well-defined muscles. I turned around to lay my towel on a chair and heard someone say, my god, look at his back... that's gross. That was nice to hear. Couldn't resist so I did a lat spread, then jumped in the water and had a nice afternoon in the pool.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
1bigwoof (April 5th, 2013), Ayakitayama1 (February 9th, 2013), bbgonnabe (January 30th, 2013), bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013), bulkybud (January 28th, 2013), jtchef (January 30th, 2013), not2bright (January 27th, 2013), scrawn (February 3rd, 2013), worshipper (January 28th, 2013)
  #807   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
When we walked out of the lockers after getting into our suits it was like everyone in the pool was seeing aliens before their eyes. Heard one guy say, look at those guys... what is this a bodybuilders convention?
That had to be cool.

bulkybud
  #808   Add to mudseason's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:53 AM

mudseason is on a distinguished road
How big are your two brother-in-laws? (height and weight) It must have been quite the sight. And you are a big guy yourself!
  #809   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:09 AM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
A couple of nice ones, today.

First was while I was training legs at the gym. I'd done some squats, and then moved over to the 45 degree leg press. Did my first set at 240 kg, then moved up to 320 kg for the second set. A couple of young guys walked over and I could see their eyes bulging. One asked how I'd hold that weight up (it was still on the 'rack' - the locking system that holds it in place). Then I proceeded to do a set of 10 of them - part way through, he asked what would happen if he were to climb up and sit on it. I said it would probably break my legs... but they then walked away, and my next set was at 400 kg (6 reps). Too bad they weren't watching for that one, I would have liked to see their eyes at that point.

The other one happened after my session, talking with a rather fit and cut guy (rather short, and built to match, but really cut, and visibly very muscular - no, I'm not going to post a picture of him). He made the comment that I was definitely getting bigger, and suggested that I try shaving my arms, so that the muscle would stand out even more. And then he suggested making it all even more obvious by getting a strong tan (there's no way I'd get tanned enough to really make a difference - I'm naturally quite pale).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aielyn For This Useful Post:
bbgonnabe (January 30th, 2013), stronguns (January 29th, 2013)
  #810   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM

I was in working arms at the gym and one of my friends said my arms were looking huge and asked how big I was going to build them.

I told him my life-long ambition was to have a 20" inch arm cold, and even if it's a "fatcep" without a lot of definition I want still want to build it. I'm hoping it would still leave me with some big arms when I start my cutting phase next month.

He thought they looked close, so we went into the locker room where the measuring tape was and he measured one arm a very pumped 19.75" and the other at 19.25".

That's a personal best for me and I'm working hard to reach my goal.

bulkybud
The Following User Says Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
vlad (February 4th, 2013)
  #811   Add to Doctor9's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Doctor9 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations - you've done well! Also, it's nice to note I'm not the only one with an about 0.5" differential between the arms...

Andrew
  #812   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM

My nephew lives down the street so often comes up to lift with me. He is 15 and I call him the animal! He already benches 275 for several reps and is gaining strength, it seems, by the week. He is really strong for his age. He is already stronger than his father and older brother.

Anyway yesterday he comes home from school a little confused. During lunch he saw a group of guys arm wrestling, Over he went to join the competition. They looked at him and said, you must be kidding... why would we want to arm wrestle you? You're too damn strong. We want to have a chance to win. My god man your arms dwarf ours! This isn't what he expected to hear, although it sure built up his ego. They told him to go arm wrestle a teacher if he could find one strong enough!

Anyway last week they had a fitness evaluation during gym class. He said the guys just couldn't get over how strong he had gotten. Several came up to him and asked his secret. No secret. Just lift heavy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013), grywlf (February 7th, 2013)
  #813   Add to gomez's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:14 AM

gomez is on a distinguished road
If he isn't already I am sure the football coach is looking for him and he gets respect at school. Good for him and for you helping him.
  #814   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
15yo Nephew

Wow man how big are this kids arms and how much can he bench max and curl?
  #815   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:16 AM

This was a new one...

Went into a grocery store right after the gym, still wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and this little girl asked me if I was a wrestler.

Her dad said she watches them on TV all the time.

bulkybud
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
Big RR (February 25th, 2013), worshipper (February 16th, 2013)
  #816   Add to Jacked_Dad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:55 AM

Jacked_Dad is on a distinguished road
Set for the day

I agree with an earlier post. One comment can just start your day perfectly. I was doing inclined flies in front of the mirror when a colleague came in. Just the 2 of us. He started his workout. Then started talkin about how huge I've gotten. I think my pex grew 2 inches just from the comment.
  #817   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
(UGH SPAM!!)

Just a couple of moments from last few weeks.

1)Had another friend who hadn't seen me in a while comment that I'm looking good. "Every time I see you, you're in better shape." I'm getting better at hearing this sort of thing without getting embarrassed and shy.

2)While my personal trainer was away on vacation I had a substitute, and on arm day he filmed my arms while doing curls, saying I had great shape. It's true that my arms are improving by leaps and bounds, but it was really great to have someone show me through video. Too bad I was wearing a black shirt that kind of obscured them (in my opinion), but I wouldn't have believed they were my arms if I hadn't known better.
  #818   Add to cohzaku's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM

cohzaku is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
(UGH SPAM!!)

Just a couple of moments from last few weeks.

1)Had another friend who hadn't seen me in a while comment that I'm looking good. "Every time I see you, you're in better shape." I'm getting better at hearing this sort of thing without getting embarrassed and shy.

2)While my personal trainer was away on vacation I had a substitute, and on arm day he filmed my arms while doing curls, saying I had great shape. It's true that my arms are improving by leaps and bounds, but it was really great to have someone show me through video. Too bad I was wearing a black shirt that kind of obscured them (in my opinion), but I wouldn't have believed they were my arms if I hadn't known better.
I started filming my workouts for a video editing class I'm taking. I'm hoping to drop body fat enough to show of a serious transformation video.

Even so, I've been training for a year but never noticed all the improvements in my body until seeing it through a camera.
  #819   Add to Chillmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:10 AM

Chillmuscle is on a distinguished road
Impressed Workout Buddy

A new gym partner and I had our first workout together today; we did back and bis (his request.). I outweigh him by about 25 pounds of muscle and I've got experience on him, but I proceed to /kick his ass/ at all sorts of weights and bodyweight exercises. As we're walking home he says to me "Those were disgusting amounts of weight you were lifting."

I just chuckle, bounce my pecs once and say "Wait till tomorrow and see what I bench, bro."
  #820   Add to built4superspd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
ever bigger ever stronger

built4superspd
Send a message via Yahoo to built4superspd
crossed a line?

i don't know if it's because my actual lifts have continued to edge upward or that i got a little leaner (i lost 7-8 pounds that i needed to lose) but seems like there might be some invisible line i've crossed. last sunday when i was working out there were just a handful of people at the branch i was at. One of the other guys there, though, is possibly the biggest powerlifter guy there (easily benches 405 for reps without a spot). I was doing chest-supported Tbar rows kinda heavy. He walked over, said introduced himself saying, "I'm (fill in his name), I see ya here all the time." I was done and offered to clear the plates from the Row. He then proceded to cut the weight in half and did some rows of his own. Yeah--I was surprised that he had even noticed me. Now, if i could just get MY bench up to 405!
  #821   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM

A group of us from work went to the bar tonight and one person who had left our company to work elsewhere last year met us there.
"You've been working out!", she said, "Are you working toward a goal or what?"
My co-worker added, "Yeah! Are you going for the Hulk Hogan 19 inch pythons?"
I just said I had been working out more seriously lately, but it made me feel good about my gains.
worshipper (March 3rd, 2013)
  #822   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:23 PM

Standing in line in the supermarket today and this guy walks up to me and asks me if I am related to, and then names my 15 year old nephew. I said I was and that he is my nephew. He says, no wonder where he gets his strength from, crap your arms are more muscular than my thighs. I laughed and said to him, yep, probably so and maybe as strong. He laughed and said, hell, your nephew is stronger than me, so I wouldn't be surprised. Is his father like you? Well no, his mother is my sister, the strength comes from his mothers side. Heck I saw her beat my brother in law in an arm wrestling match one afternoon! Then finally after talking a bit more I realized I had no idea who this guy was. Turns out he is the powerlifting coach at the high school and has been trying to get my nephew to join the team. I know the kid is strong, heck I just watched him bench 290 for reps yesterday. Anyway the coach says he would easily be one of the strongest kids on the team and because he is younger than most of the guys, he would be on the team for 3 years. I said, it's up to him of course and he needs to talk to his mom and dad. Since he never mentioned it to me during our twice weekly workouts, I am guessing he isn't that interested, but I promised to ask him. So anyway the coach asked me if I would like to help out with the team. So even if my nephew's not interested it might be fun for me!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
1bigwoof (April 5th, 2013), bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013), vlad (March 3rd, 2013)
  #823   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Back in school....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Then finally after talking a bit more I realized I had no idea who this guy was. Turns out he is the powerlifting coach at the high school and has been trying to get my nephew to join the team. I know the kid is strong, heck I just watched him bench 290 for reps yesterday. Anyway the coach says he would easily be one of the strongest kids on the team and because he is younger than most of the guys, he would be on the team for 3 years. I said, it's up to him of course and he needs to talk to his mom and dad. Since he never mentioned it to me during our twice weekly workouts, I am guessing he isn't that interested, but I promised to ask him. So anyway the coach asked me if I would like to help out with the team. So even if my nephew's not interested it might be fun for me!
AMEN to that! My son is on the school swim team. One of the Dads, who was on the state wrestling team for this high school when he went there, became the team parent rep when his son joined the swim team. He was a tremendous help to the rest of us newbie parents who had no clue as to logistics of running a high school swim season!

You getting involved at the high school level will certainly help people out, both the students and their parents, since you are an "older authority figure" who can help the parents understand what their kids are doing!

Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
stronguns (March 5th, 2013)
  #824   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM

Couple of my nephews were over tonight to workout with me. I swear each time we lift they have grown and gotten stronger. Which is good for me since I was doing bench presses with my max weight and needed them both to spot me.

Anyway their father stopped by to pick them up. First time in the 2 years these guys have been working out with me that he has ever been able to stop over and watch. He travels a lot... and puts in long hours so they are home by the time he gets there. He watched silently while one completed his last few sets of curls and his other son completed bench presses. He had an expression on his face which I wasn't sure was pride or jealously, or fear. He kept telling them to be careful lifting weights that heavy. He didn't realize we were lifting light tonight. Plus I was spotting the one doing the bench presses. I told him to relax and that we weren't lifting anything these guys couldn't manage. He says god he's going to tear his biceps curling that much (it was only 85 pounds, but much more than their father is capable of curling). How about Max, benching all that weight, how will you lift that much off him if he loses control? It's only 250 pounds I said, I grabbed the bar in the middle with my right arm, lifted it up and off him and held it there suspended off his chest about a foot... that's how.. piece of cake!

He still didn't seem to be convinced. OK, but it seems like a lot of weight to me. Well of course it is... for you... These guys have been lifting with me for several years and are strong. Really strong. Both can lift more than what they're lifting now and can lift it easily. Max benches 350 now. His brother there curls 135 pounds. Didn't know they were that strong did you?

He smiled and said, Janet (his wife, their mother and my sister) told me they were getting strong, but I never realized just how strong. With all the muscle they have put on I'm not sure why I am so surprised. Crap I couldn't begin to lift what they're lifting. Looking at them he says, "Next time your mother has some heavy work you can do it... I'll be here lifting so in case you want to kick my butt I'll stand a fighting chance. He laughed and they went home.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013)
  #825   Add to bodyman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:12 AM

bodyman75 is on a distinguished road
When they don't notice

This should be under "When other's don't notice", or recognize. About three years ago I had a temporary job at an office for a few months. I chatted a few times with a guy who trained at a different gym at the time. About a year ago I happened to change gyms to the same one where he trains. Ever since I first recognized him I have said "hello" or greeted the guy with a nod - which is pretty much "hello how are you" in the gym environment around here. He didn't chat much and usually tried to avoid eye contact, which I think is ok: I often behave that way myself so that I don't get engaged in chit-chat and can concentrate on the workout.

The other day I happened to be in the locker room with him after the workout. I started to chat with him and asked if he still worked at the same company. He said yes, we talked about the work a bit, and then he asked how I know so much about the work at that office. I told him we used to be colleagues for a few months.

Now I know that a few months may not be long enough to make a lasting impression, but that is hardly ever the case with me. I'm a lot taller than most, have an easily recognizable face, and this is a very small town and not that many people pass through even that office. However, the guy got a very blank stare in his eyes for a minute, then got the look of a memory coming back to him. The first thing he said was "you've grown".

I got confused and tried to explain it away with how I've lost a lot of fat, but then it hit me: after two years of not seeing each other he didn't recognize me, and that was a year ago. So I guess I had had quite the change by that time, and ithat was before I really started to grow. So at the same time this was a bit confusing for me, but also the greatest compliment I've had, like, ever.

Last edited by bodyman75; March 8th, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bodyman75 For This Useful Post:
1bigwoof (April 5th, 2013)
  #826   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman75 View Post
T
I got confused and tried to explain it away with how I've lost a lot of fat, but then it hit me: after two years of not seeing each other he didn't recognize me, and that was a year ago. So I guess I had had quite the change by that time, and in the last year I've just really started to grow. So at the same time this was a bit confusing, but also the greatest compliment I've had, like, ever.
To quote myself:

"Pix, dammit, pix!"

"Stats, dammit, stats!"

Also: Congrats on the great work!

xoxo

Richard
The Following User Says Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
bodyman75 (March 8th, 2013)
  #827   Add to Jaekel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM

Jaekel is on a distinguished road
Had a doctor's appointment the other day. While the nurse was weighing me I had to really squeeze my legs together to stand on the scale properly.

"It's all that muscle." she says understandingly.

Now to continue cutting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaekel For This Useful Post:
stronguns (March 8th, 2013)
  #828   Add to spokenthunder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Then Spoke the Thunder.

spokenthunder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to spokenthunder Send a message via Skype™ to spokenthunder
I don't know if this really counts, but I thought I'd post it anyways. I went on a couple dates with a fellow, and while talking he expressed how much he liked muscle on a guy and enjoyed it when a guy flexes. On a date last Saturday, we were kissing and he grabbed my arms. I asked him if he wanted me to flex my biceps for him, and he nodded quietly, so I took off my shirt and did. Now, those of you (the very few that do) know that I'm not big at all, so for the fellow to get all excited at me flexing made me feel good about myself, especially since I've never done that before for anyone (because again, I'm too small for anyone to notice or appreciate it).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spokenthunder For This Useful Post:
falseyedee (March 11th, 2013), jtchef (March 18th, 2013), ushersdick (March 24th, 2013)
  #829   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
I was kind of gratified yesterday. It's been years since anyone noticed anything in a positive way So, I was visiting my Mom and stepdad, since my uncle was there from out of town, and my stepdad asked if I'd been working out more.

Actually I had been, but the last time I visited them I wore a long-sleeved shirt and this time I was in a black Oregon teeshirt. When I slack off from the gym, my forearms get smaller, and they're back. Now to see if I can get the gut to do a vanishing act. (Getting rid of visceral fat: I wish we had a pill for that.)
The Following User Says Thank You to nnnrg For This Useful Post:
stronguns (March 12th, 2013)
  #830   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:37 AM

An entertainer arrived for his annual show at work and when he was coming the door to get set up I walked up and said, "Hey, Entertainment Man!"

"Entertainment DUDE!" he corrected, "but since you could probably break me in half, you call me what you want."

Remembering that as I head off to the gym...

bulkybud
Big RR (March 15th, 2013)
  #831   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
It's those little off-hand remarks that people make that really hit home and make you feel good about your progess, isn't it. Congratulations on getting there, big guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigLittleTim For This Useful Post:
bulkybud (March 15th, 2013)
  #832   Add to MuscleBoy23's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Muscle Linebacker

MuscleBoy23 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MuscleBoy23
growing and cutting

So since July, I weighed in at 260....here I am at 225. However, virtually everything that was lost was fat and water weight. I started doing backs/lats - I always used to focus on my pecs, shoulders, and bis, because I liked the easy attention; I started doing core and back, and omg, I literally *blew up*. I wear all XL clothes, b/c they are very snug and form flattering andd stretch out over my body, and I liked how my polos used to hug my arms and my pecs. Now I can literally feel my shirts stretching so, so thin over my back, my lats that pop out, my traps that pop up about 6 or 7 inches from my shoulders, so if I were to flex my pecs the same time I popped my back out I don't know if the shirt would stay on. At the same time I have been doing core-blasting exercises several times a week (I hated abs/core before), so the V shape is so so so much more dramatic. As a result of seeing this 6'2" 225 lb total painted on, tight-everywhere, V-shaped dude in the mirror, and feeling my clothes so tight on me every day, I am basically almost semi-boned all the time..and when you are over 9" that isn't convenient. Today for St Patts day I wore a green polo (XL) and STRAIGHT dudes at ALL the bars kept comin gup to me, asking me to flex , asking if I could bounce my pecs (I've been able to since 17), some asked if they could feel my arms while I flexed them, their gfs were like um you're gay to their boyfriends who were all salivating over my body. It felt really great...usually wrigleyville in Chicago is a homophobic place but I was king of it today. Some of the looks in some of the straight guys eyes were totally ones of "pleas subjugate me, make me your bitch"...but I had a worshipper come over this morning already who got me off twice so I was good in that dept.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MuscleBoy23 For This Useful Post:
1bigwoof (April 5th, 2013), bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013), Faust2001 (April 6th, 2013), jtchef (March 29th, 2013), ushersdick (March 24th, 2013), vlad (March 16th, 2013)
  #833   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBoy23 View Post
So since July, I weighed in at 260....here I am at 225. However, virtually everything that was lost was fat and water weight. I started doing backs/lats - I always used to focus on my pecs, shoulders, and bis, because I liked the easy attention; I started doing core and back, and omg, I literally *blew up*. I wear all XL clothes, b/c they are very snug and form flattering andd stretch out over my body, and I liked how my polos used to hug my arms and my pecs. Now I can literally feel my shirts stretching so, so thin over my back, my lats that pop out, my traps that pop up about 6 or 7 inches from my shoulders, so if I were to flex my pecs the same time I popped my back out I don't know if the shirt would stay on. At the same time I have been doing core-blasting exercises several times a week (I hated abs/core before), so the V shape is so so so much more dramatic. As a result of seeing this 6'2" 225 lb total painted on, tight-everywhere, V-shaped dude in the mirror, and feeling my clothes so tight on me every day, I am basically almost semi-boned all the time..and when you are over 9" that isn't convenient. Today for St Patts day I wore a green polo (XL) and STRAIGHT dudes at ALL the bars kept comin gup to me, asking me to flex , asking if I could bounce my pecs (I've been able to since 17), some asked if they could feel my arms while I flexed them, their gfs were like um you're gay to their boyfriends who were all salivating over my body. It felt really great...usually wrigleyville in Chicago is a homophobic place but I was king of it today. Some of the looks in some of the straight guys eyes were totally ones of "pleas subjugate me, make me your bitch"...but I had a worshipper come over this morning already who got me off twice so I was good in that dept.
As I've said on many prior occasions:

Pix, dammit, pix!

xoxo

Richard
The Following User Says Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
burlemarx (March 16th, 2013)
  #834   Add to burlemarx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM

burlemarx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBoy23 View Post
not trying to start shit, but you talk a REALLY big game for someone with no pics of this incredible transformation. is anyone else's Bullshit-ometer being set off by this post? it reads like this was typed one-handed as a wackoff fantasy. feel free to prove me wrong of course- if you really dropped 45lbs of bloat you should be posting pics of it.
  #835   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Burle: he has shared quite a few pics. See here: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=28911

He's pretty beefy! Maybe embellishes a bit, who knows, but he is definitely big and pretty hot. Wish he'd post a cock shot though.
  #836   Add to burlemarx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
Burle: he has shared quite a few pics. See here: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=28911

He's pretty beefy! Maybe embellishes a bit, who knows, but he is definitely big and pretty hot. Wish he'd post a cock shot though.
i've heard from multiple sources that MuscleBoy23's photos are stolen from someone else, that he uses fake email addresses/screen names, and that he primarily likes to cause trouble. if anyone dropped a shitton of flab and suddenly became ripped to the point where "straight guys are begging me to flex," they should already have pics to back it up. where are the photos?
The Following User Says Thank You to burlemarx For This Useful Post:
Big RR (March 16th, 2013)
  #837   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Victor, he is really huge actually. If he dropped all of that water weight, he is looking unbelievable. That is just his personality too, he likes the attention. I'm not getting involved in any more fights.
  #838   Add to burlemarx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven79 View Post
Victor, he is really huge actually. If he dropped all of that water weight, he is looking unbelievable. That is just his personality too, he likes the attention. I'm not getting involved in any more fights.
oh for Fuck's sake. LOOK. i have at least two reliable sources on this site, seasoned members who have been here for years, who have told me that the person calling himself MuscleBoy23 is NOT the guy in those photos in the aforementioned links.

i am not saying that WHOEVER IS IN THOSE PHOTOS is not huge. obviously he's huge (carrying way too much bodyfat, but still huge nonetheless).

what i AM saying is that i have reason to believe that those photos are stolen from someone else. the fact that there are no pics of this INCREDIBLE "i dropped ~40lbs of flab and now i'm so ripped that even straight guys want to suck my cock" transformation (pause for you people to absorb this statement) underscores the fact that they're probably stolen pics. furthermore, the post from MuscleBoy23 reads exactly like an in-the-moment masturbatory fantasy, NOT a "Real Life Muscle Growth Experience." which is what this thread is supposed to be all about.

Raven and Vlad- there's a huge, huge difference between needlessly starting public fights, and calling into question someone who is a potentially huge fake in our community. but for the fact that one of my sources wishes to remain anonymous, i would say more about why i strongly believe that MuscleBoy23 is a fake.

why am i getting so agitated about this? because MuscleBoy23 did a real number on one of my sources, who happens to be a good real-life friend of mine. no matter what MB23's personal circumstances are, nothing justifies lying to internet strangers to the point where they're preparing to fly across the country to visit someone who's masquerading online with stolen photos.
  #839   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I personally don't like the drama and can only speak to my experience with MuscleBoy23, the contact info he gave me and the webcam chats i've done with him in real-time proved to me that he was real.

Burlemarx, I don't know what happened between him and your source, I personally don't care but he is real and that is him and he is trimmer as in 40 lbs I'm not sure weight is hard to judge all the time due to various factors. So please stop driving the angle of his realness it's done over.

The other stuff you have made your point so I hope you are done with it also, you can leave it up to individuals on the site to make their decisions about him on a case by case basis.

If I'm coming off shrewd, it's the beating of a dead horse that I see going on and continuing for 20 more post in a thread that is bigger than all of us.
  #840   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Enjoying the Offseason Too Much

Finally got 400 lbs on the chest press machine, if only for a couple of 6 rep sets.

A couple of friends were watching and one said, "Dang! What are you taking?"

"Food," I answered, "and lots of it."

The other guy patted my belly and said, "We can see that part, but you're moving some weight around these days."

After a moment he added with a smile, "And not just your own."

I love being strong, well... strong for me, at least, but just hit 270 lbs. on the scale this week and should start the spring cut to look more like a bodybuilder and less like a barrel.

If anyone has any tips on that, I've starting a cutting thread in the training section and would appreciate suggestions or stories on their experiences.

Thanks,
'The a little too bulky' bulkybud
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
Ptothe5th (March 18th, 2013), stronguns (March 17th, 2013), SWMassMan (March 18th, 2013)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options