The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #921   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Yesterday in the gym some of the guys were talking about going to the Sturgis motorcycle gathering and deciding who they would take with them.

The guy who started the discussion pointed at me and said, ?I?d take Bud- he?s tall and strong, and as long as he doesn?t smile, he looks like a big intimidating biker. He?ll keep me out of trouble.?

I told him we?d have to negotiate bodyguard fees and then got back to the weights, but it made my day.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #922   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillmuscle View Post
And today I was working out with the Quarterback and was able to motivate him by saying, "Hey, you're smaller than me. Lift the weight."
Had something very similar happen at the gym last winter:

Was doing a 360 lb. lift on the Hammer Strength Chest Press machine and this guy in the gym, not a bad guy but a bit of of braggart, said, "When you get to be my age, you won't be using that much weight."
I asked him exactly how old he was and he told me.
"I'm six months older than you," I replied, "Lift the weight."

bulkybud
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
inm (August 18th, 2013), toby182 (August 13th, 2013)
  #923   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM

Was training when another gym member, someone I have known for years, came up to the tricep pushdown machine where I was, went to set the weight and exclaimed, "110! Who was doing this at 110 lbs?"
He looked at me and I raised my hand and he said, "Bud! You're an animal!"
I could tell he didn't quite believe me so he hung around to watch me do a set of 12 before he wandered off shaking his head.
I wanted to say that I used to lift the whole stack last winter, but I don't want to be "that guy" in the gym who always brags about what he USED to lift.
I'd rather show people what I CAN lift now.
And... it's coming back.

I need to go eat something.

bulkybud.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (August 12th, 2013), Meathead (August 12th, 2013), stronguns (August 13th, 2013), vlad (August 12th, 2013)
  #924   Add to toby182's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM

toby182 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to toby182
good god, all these posts makes me wanna see pictures of you guys
  #925   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:12 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
I like to go bike riding on the weekends. I look for the steepest hills I can find to give my legs a really good workout. It also tests my lung capacity. My friends came along last weekend. They just barely made it up the first hill and were huffing and puffing when they got to the top where I was sitting waiting for them. Amazing how easy it is to bike up a hill when you have really powerful legs. Their first comment was to ask that we find gentle slopes not steep hills. And then they asked if I would flex my thighs, which I gladly did for them. They just shook their heads in disbelief. One said. every time we see you I swear those legs have grown. Nope, they are the same size as they were 3 months ago, but they are stronger. You're just seeing more veins cause my body fat level is lower.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (August 14th, 2013), BigSteve6ft3 (August 14th, 2013), bulkybud (August 14th, 2013), milwmuscleguy (August 14th, 2013), MuscleMass (August 14th, 2013), vlad (August 14th, 2013)
  #926   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
You are a beast!

yahoo: storyen
  #927   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:16 AM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
My best bud and I used to wear each others clothes all the time(I know, its ridiculous) because we were right about the same size for a very long time. Recently, I had a shirt I borrowed from him, a pretty tight fitting polo. When I tried to give it back he was like "Are you kidding? Look at this shirt, it's all stretched and your arms have basically busted the sleeves! Just keep it." And I was like wow. He was right, but I hadnt really noticed that I had grown that much...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear89 For This Useful Post:
retro500 (August 26th, 2013), stronguns (August 17th, 2013), vlad (August 17th, 2013)
  #928   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Stopped at our local farm stand today to get some corn and other produce. The farmer and I have had discussions on occasion about my bodybuilding and powerlifting. He mentioned once that his own son (Tim) was a bodybuilder, but that was all he ever said about it. Tim is a few years younger than me and has been working his own farm in Iowa. Buckling under pressure from a builder he sold it for homes and has moved back here to work with his dad and eventually take over the family farm. A bit sad, but on the other hand he came away with a nice tidy sum of money which is always nice.

Anyway I am standing there and reach out to grab a bag of carrots. Just as I do that a muscular arm reaches in front of me to grab the same bag. Instead of grabbing the bag and pulling it back he holds his arm there next to mine. I look over and it's Tim. Hey Mike long time no see. Just thought I would compare arms and smiles. I respond by flexing mine which dwarfed his. Damn Mike, dad said you were huge, but I never thought you were going to be this big! His was very well defined, very veiny, but one of those arms that looks small until flexed and then muscle seems to appear from no where. Ever compete he asked? No not really, just do it for my own satisfaction. Oh. Well you should think about it. I competed in some local comps back in Iowa in the light heavy weight class. It was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it. At your size you could easily do superheavyweight.

Anyway we talked awhile. He has been looking for a workout partner who is stronger and who could really push him to grow. So it looks like I now have a new workout partner.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (August 18th, 2013), Big RR (October 23rd, 2013), jtchef (August 30th, 2013)
  #929   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Stopped at our local farm stand today to get some corn and other produce. The farmer and I have had discussions on occasion about my bodybuilding and powerlifting. He mentioned once that his own son (Tim) was a bodybuilder, but that was all he ever said about it. Tim is a few years younger than me and has been working his own farm in Iowa. Buckling under pressure from a builder he sold it for homes and has moved back here to work with his dad and eventually take over the family farm. A bit sad, but on the other hand he came away with a nice tidy sum of money which is always nice.

Anyway I am standing there and reach out to grab a bag of carrots. Just as I do that a muscular arm reaches in front of me to grab the same bag. Instead of grabbing the bag and pulling it back he holds his arm there next to mine. I look over and it's Tim. Hey Mike long time no see. Just thought I would compare arms and smiles. I respond by flexing mine which dwarfed his. Damn Mike, dad said you were huge, but I never thought you were going to be this big! His was very well defined, very veiny, but one of those arms that looks small until flexed and then muscle seems to appear from no where. Ever compete he asked? No not really, just do it for my own satisfaction. Oh. Well you should think about it. I competed in some local comps back in Iowa in the light heavy weight class. It was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it. At your size you could easily do superheavyweight.

Anyway we talked awhile. He has been looking for a workout partner who is stronger and who could really push him to grow. So it looks like I now have a new workout partner.
Awesome story, (isn't real life amazing sometimes?!) and AWESOME on the training partner!

Good luck with that!

Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
stronguns (August 18th, 2013)
  #930   Add to spokenthunder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Then Spoke the Thunder.

spokenthunder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to spokenthunder Send a message via Skype™ to spokenthunder
Some short snippets regarding getting fitted for a suit for the first time at Brooks Brothers:

I don't know the difference. She asks, "Do you happen to have large legs?"

"A bit larger than normal," I say, and I instinctively roll up my shorts, flex my quadriceps just slightly.

"Lets go with flat-front, then," she adds.

Standing on the platform, the tailor, a Scandinavian named Arpad, has me try on several different suit jackets. He measures this and that, comments on the odd slope of shoulders, the short form. I expect him to mutter, "Hold still; I'm having a hard enough time with your body as it is." But he just nods and hands me enough jacket, making note of measurements.

Every time something doesn't fit exactly right, my dad says (to my embarrassment), "Peter works out a lot."

I look in the three-way mirror, desperately holding onto size 43 slacks. I turn around, face Arpad and his seamstress.

"How do I put this," she quietly says, "You...you have a smaller waist, but because of your...derriere, the seat and upper legs have to be altered for your particularly body type. You just happen to have a more athletic lower body."

I laugh (genuinely, not cruelly) as she struggles to dance delicately around the subject, and I think back to a time when someone particularly showed his appreciation of those areas. I don't feel bad about this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spokenthunder For This Useful Post:
jetport58 (August 27th, 2013), milwmuscleguy (August 21st, 2013), vlad (August 18th, 2013)
  #931   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM

Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenthunder View Post
Some short snippets regarding getting fitted for a suit for the first time at Brooks Brothers:
I look in the three-way mirror, desperately holding onto size 43 slacks. I turn around, face Arpad and his seamstress.

"How do I put this," she quietly says, "You...you have a smaller waist, but because of your...derriere, the seat and upper legs have to be altered for your particularly body type. You just happen to have a more athletic lower body."

I laugh (genuinely, not cruelly) as she struggles to dance delicately around the subject, ..... I don't feel bad about this.
I TOTALLY understand your reaction AND what she's saying! My own experience is here: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...&postcount=244
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
spokenthunder (August 18th, 2013)
  #932   Add to spokenthunder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Then Spoke the Thunder.

spokenthunder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to spokenthunder Send a message via Skype™ to spokenthunder
Thank you for your own story, Mdlftr. I can definitely relate to that. I just didn't think there was such a large difference between my waist size and my glutes/quads, but after I was measured a few times, sure enough, there was. It was strange and a bit embarrassing.
  #933   Add to powerlifter938's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM

powerlifter938 is on a distinguished road
Ive had a few flattering moments recently.

Most notably, I went out with my friend and his brother the other night and was wearing a fitted shirt. His brother hadn't seem me in a while, and when he did he said, "Damn, dude. When did you get so buff? You look like you just got out of prison."

Co workers have been making comments too. One was behind me the other day and says to another, "damn look at him getting all buff!"

cant wait to grow more.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to powerlifter938 For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (August 20th, 2013), pearlice (August 20th, 2013), rad1987 (August 19th, 2013), stronguns (August 19th, 2013), vlad (August 19th, 2013)
  #934   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
I feel great today. Where Cloud Nine isn't good enough for this one. It has been a while since I bumped into one of the bigger guys in the gym. Been missing some sessions and I was in West Virginia for a week and two weeks ago.

Anyways he walked into today and told me how I seemed to have lost some weight around my midsection. I feel great about hearing that. It does look a bit better than it use to and the abs are starting to show up better.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11313419/ This is what I looked like when I returned from my trip. It was really nice to get away from it all.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragetiger For This Useful Post:
stronguns (August 20th, 2013)
  #935   Add to lgarms77's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM

lgarms77 is on a distinguished road
Just got done doing shoulders and it made me think of a recent event that happened to me. We just had a new phone system installed at where i work. Every new phone came with a receiver that had this cushion pad on it so u could rest the phone against your shoulder and still continue to use both hands. Well the first day i tried this the phone kept falling off my shoulder. I just figured i wasnt used to it. Well 3 days later i said screw this and i ripped the pad off the phone. One of my coworkers came into my office and proceed to use my phone when he got done he asked why my phone didnt have the cushion thing on it. I explained why and he said:
" look at the size of ur traps! there aint no room for it!"
Made me feel pretty good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lgarms77 For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (August 21st, 2013), Mdlftr (August 21st, 2013)
  #936   Add to Harlee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM

Harlee is on a distinguished road
Still bodybuilding and maintaining around 255 now. But stayed hairy for summer. Had beard and hairy arms, chest, pits, and quads. Still trimmed abs and calves. I was amazed people commented likeing muscle size better with the hair. I guess its more alpha male acceptable to be a bodybuilder and hairy.
Big RR (October 23rd, 2013), manlion (August 22nd, 2013), vlad (August 23rd, 2013)
  #937   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:46 AM

"Hair" we go....Pump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlee View Post
Still bodybuilding and maintaining around 255 now. But stayed hairy for summer. Had beard and hairy arms, chest, pits, and quads. Still trimmed abs and calves. I was amazed people commented likeing muscle size better with the hair. I guess its more alpha male acceptable to be a bodybuilder and hairy.
I agree about the body hair. I've had a mustache since age 19 and never got any complaints. I shaved it off once for a role onstage and everyone thought I looked much younger! I have really heavy eyebrows (another male marker) so the 'stache helps break up my face.

I think Ben Affleck in "Argo" is a standard for male beard wearers. Josup Wilkock (sp?) (German Bodybuilder) in the 1980s is the bodybuilding standard for muscles with a beard, and MIKE MENTZER is the EMPEROR of Bodybuilders with 'staches!

Mdlftr
  #938   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
Don't want to get too off-topic here, but applause for the natural guys. Years ago hair was the very symbol of masculinity but now the straightest of guys shave *everything*. Props to the men ignoring the trend and being themselves off-stage.
  #939   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 03:52 AM.
  #940   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 03:51 AM.
  #941   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Haven't posted here in awhile. Been having alot of moments where others notice lately. Been cutting without losing muscle. In fact, I feel like I gained a bit. Few guys at the gym say I'm really looking buff now. I get called muscle man by friends and family. I'll be chatting with someone at the gym and they'll mention wanting to get "big like you" heheh. Loving all the comments lately.
amauiguy (August 24th, 2013), BigSteve6ft3 (September 5th, 2013), bulkybud (August 24th, 2013), nnnrg (August 27th, 2013), The Magus (September 4th, 2013)
  #942   Add to vga518's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:21 AM

vga518 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to vga518 Send a message via Skype™ to vga518
I never though I'd ever get a chance to share my own story on here seeing as I'm still not all that muscular and big. However I was at the gym Wednesday morning, me and my workout buddy were doing legs that day. When we eventually made it to the Squat Rack after he and I did a set or two as I was getting ready for my next set I noticed in the mirror that this pretty decently muscled guy who was with his own buddy actually STOPPED from doing his set and was staring at me. He actually stared till I finished and his buddy told him: "You gonna start." I was shocked and flattered.

The Following User Says Thank You to vga518 For This Useful Post:
stronguns (August 27th, 2013)
  #943   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
I like Ben Affleck's broad shoulders...and that's about it!

Mike Mentzer...quite possibly the handsomest man who ever lived!

And Jusup Wilkosz rocked the beard. Here's an article (no pix) about Jusup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jusup_Wilkosz

xoxo

Richard

I've always kinda had a thing for Ben Affleck. I think he is good looking, and it looks like he can grow a beard in about five hours. On top of all that, he seems to be quite smart, which I guess explains why he spends as much time writing as he does in front of the camera. He really beefed up for his movie, The Town, and it doesn't look like he has trimmed down since. Good for him, and for me.

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #944   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:42 AM

..Annndd HERE'S the pix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffXeno View Post
I've always kinda had a thing for Ben Affleck. I think he is good looking, and it looks like he can grow a beard in about five hours. On top of all that, he seems to be quite smart, which I guess explains why he spends as much time writing as he does in front of the camera. He really beefed up for his movie, The Town, and it doesn't look like he has trimmed down since. Good for him, and for me.
http://static.screenweek.it/2010/10/...film-2_mid.jpg

.....so it must have happened!

Ben Affleck doing db curls while getting bigger for "The Town."

Thanks to JeffXeno for the tip!

Mdlftr
  #945   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
http://static.screenweek.it/2010/10/...film-2_mid.jpg

.....so it must have happened!

Ben Affleck doing db curls while getting bigger for "The Town."

Thanks to JeffXeno for the tip!

Mdlftr
Obsession can occasionally be a good thing.

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #946   Add to lgarms77's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM

lgarms77 is on a distinguished road
well here goes again!? fuckin love it! went to a club where they have to look out a peep sight to see who is knocking. well the guy says, very good friend of mine,
" looks like ferigno wants in, yes or no?" I can bareley hear th
is through the door and abstract noise etc so I have no idea. well i get in, and all of a sudden its the full out assuat as to whats my cycle, what do u eat, etc. I just take all of that as a compliment as to the fact that i lift! I felt pretty good once i got inside and people continued the questions, compliments. just sayin, made me smile!!!!

(disclaimer) I feel much larger then i am, but will take any attention at any time!
  #947   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:44 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Went to a bathhouse the other night for some fun and decided to use their (decent but small) gym for a bit of a pump before trolling the hallways. Had a great time, and as I was checking out, the desk attendant said "You were the guy working out, weren't you?" I said I was. "That was HOT."

So, it was definitely a positive night, lol.
  #948   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Anyway I am standing there and reach out to grab a bag of carrots. Just as I do that a muscular arm reaches in front of me to grab the same bag. Instead of grabbing the bag and pulling it back he holds his arm there next to mine. I look over and it's Tim. Hey Mike long time no see. Just thought I would compare arms and smiles. I respond by flexing mine which dwarfed his. Damn Mike, dad said you were huge, but I never thought you were going to be this big! His was very well defined, very veiny, but one of those arms that looks small until flexed and then muscle seems to appear from no where.

Had our first workout together a few days ago. Took him to one of the long steep hills I like to ride to work on my stamina and test my length strength. He kept up with me about a third of the way and had to stop. Poor guys chest was heaving and his legs were cramping. He had to walk the rest of the way. Got there and lost everything in his stomach. Looked at me and asked if I was really human? Couldn't believe that someone my size could ride a hill that steep and long as easily as I do. Got to keep at it I told him. It will eventually come. Poor guy was totally spent. I went back got the car and took him home. His father saw me helping him (almost carrying him) into the house and just laughed. Guess you're out of shape. Nope he says, Mike here is just not human and laughed. I smiled and said, wait to I take you to the REALLY REALLY steep hills! The look on his face was priceless. He called me the next day and said he could barely move his legs. Next time we lift heavy he said. What do you consider heavy, I asked? Oh like 300 pound bench presses and things like that he said. Oh my, thinking to myself, I use that as a warm-up weight. Oh well, we gotta start someplace. And at least he didn't give up after only one workout!

Last edited by stronguns; September 7th, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
  #949   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Time for another quick report for "Dear Abs":
I went to a wholesale club wearing a XL tapered shirt (I usually hide under 2XL). As I walk down the dairy isle, I accidently passed my brand of milk, stopped and found myself fighting the grocery cart to turn around in the tight isle. As I get it straightened out, I hear "...he sure has enough muscles on him!".
Then later as I go through self-checkout, a woman employee casually comes out of nowhere to "help me" with my groceries (but the club does not have any bags) so she straightens things up as I scan the items...hmmm,..then disappears again. Later, I run over to a supermarket, and as I walk down the main isle, another woman employee that I thought was arranging stuff on a shelf suddenly turns around and without skipping a beat says
"I can tell you lift weights!" As I joke and say "not really", she lightly grabs my shoulder. So We chuckle and I keep moving. I must be getting bigger than I think I am.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ottomun6 For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (September 9th, 2013), bulkybud (September 9th, 2013), Mdlftr (September 9th, 2013), muscleaddict (September 9th, 2013), The Magus (September 16th, 2013)
  #950   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
My parents are visiting this week and they took me out to get new clothes.

First, my dad commented on how big my arms looked. Then, my mom and I got into a discussion about which size fits better, medium or large. The store clerk noted how some shirts were tight because of my "wide shoulders" said I was "thick around the chest" so I went with larges on some shirts. Made me pretty happy that the gains I made over the summer are so noticeable!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlad For This Useful Post:
flamedelft (September 20th, 2013), stronguns (October 1st, 2013)
  #951   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
Nice Vladdy. That must be a huge ego boost. Keep it up!!

yahoo: storyen
The Following User Says Thank You to msllover For This Useful Post:
Jon223 (September 20th, 2013)
  #952   Add to tennisfan9's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:57 AM

tennisfan9 is on a distinguished road
So I'm in medical school and I am in anatomy lab with cadavers and other group members. Yesterday, after lab, I changed out of my scrubs and walked out into the hallway when I ran into one of my group members. She said, "woah I've never seen you out of lab before! You look-" "-human? haha" " yeah, but I'm digging the stripes (I was wearing a tank that had stripes) - it makes you look really tall and buff." Period. Great day
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tennisfan9 For This Useful Post:
13hearts (September 21st, 2013), hero1000 (September 21st, 2013), stronguns (September 22nd, 2013), The Magus (September 21st, 2013)
  #953   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM

My mind is wandering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan9 View Post
So I'm in medical school and I am in anatomy lab with cadavers and other group members. Yesterday, after lab, I changed out of my scrubs and walked out into the hallway when I ran into one of my group members. She said, "woah I've never seen you out of lab before! You look-" "-human? haha" " yeah, but I'm digging the stripes (I was wearing a tank that had stripes) - it makes you look really tall and buff." Period. Great day
...when you started off talking about "cadavers and other group members" I was a bit lost. For a second I thought you were going to be talking about buff corpses or something! Sort of like "Team Edward" without the vampiric movement!

But seriously, a compliment's a compliment! To YOU, from a live person, about YOUR bod-- Not the ones on the table! You go, dude!
  #954   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM

A nice moment....

I got a very nice compliment today.

I went to a doctor's office today with a family member. This doctor is about 5' 4" or 5'5" on a good day!

Anyway, the doctor comes into the examination room, sees us, says "Hello" then turns and sees me, says "Hello" and does a double take.

I'm standing up to shake his hand. I'm wearing "casual day at the office clothes": Khakis, long sleeved dress shirt with a pattern rolled up past my elbows and open neck. I was pretty modestly dressed, and didn't think anything of it. I'm not thinking that anyone can notice anything in the way of more size. The pants are a bit snugger than they used to be, but I didn't think it was THAT noticeable!

He runs his eyes up and down my body, taking in my chest and shoulders, arms, legs and butt, and exclaims, "You got BIGGER!"

My shoulders are broader and my whole upper torso is thicker. My legs and butt are filling out my pants more, but I didn't realize it was visible in street clothes!

"Um, yeah. I've been lifting weights."

He shakes his head, smiling and shakes my hand. "Yes!"

Nice moment. Totally unexpected, which makes it even better!

Gym, here I come!

[Did I mention that deadlifts are my new favorite exercise!?? Next to lunges?]

Mdlftr

Last edited by Mdlftr; October 14th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
cozman (October 27th, 2013), muscleaddict (October 4th, 2013), stronguns (October 4th, 2013), toby182 (October 3rd, 2013), vlad (October 6th, 2013)
  #955   Add to Marty27's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM

Marty27 is on a distinguished road
Stopped at a convenience store so a friend with me could run in and grab something. Parked near a pickup where a few guys were hanging out chatting. It was kind of hot in my car just sitting there, so I got out and just mulled around waiting (in a cut off sleeveless t-shirt) and hear one of the guys say, "I'm pretty strong for my size, but I wouldn't want to mess with that sh!t."

Made my day for sure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marty27 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (October 5th, 2013), cozman (October 27th, 2013), hero1000 (October 6th, 2013), stronguns (October 6th, 2013)
  #956   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM

Last edited by arpeejay; Yesterday at 03:16 AM.
  #957   Add to Paky01's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:24 PM

Paky01 is on a distinguished road
Barbour

Hey guys just back from Barbour for my number 1 been about three months because of holidays etc..... My Barbour said as I was lifting myself out of the chair he said ... "Man look at your guns"...... How great did I feel
  #958   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM

O.k., another compliment....

Recently, in a coffee shop, while chatting with a casual acquaintance about school days and participation in athletics and all that...

Me: "...so, other than swim team, I didn't do much. I was really skinny. The big heros at our school were all the football jocks."

Him: "Really? I'm surprised. You seem like a pretty bulky guy. I'd think people would notice."

Me: [mentally: "I'm 'bulky'?! That's good, right? Yeah, I guess it is!]
[Out loud] "Well, I've worked for it!

Him: "It shows!"

Great conversation!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
bulkybud (October 14th, 2013), nnnrg (October 14th, 2013)
  #959   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
My evil trainer did two things that were very motivating recently.
First, on Friday, he was also working out during the session, which gave me the perfect amount of rest, and it meant for some exercises he was actually pushing himself quite hard to keep up. THAT was amazing. I mean, yeah, he's about six inches shorter than me and a good 100 pounds lighter (and sadly, that is 100 pounds of flubber on my behalf) but it reminded me of how very much energy I get out of working with a partner rather than a trainer alone.

Second, he did a doubletake today and said "Your arms are getting huge, they gotta be sixteen inches cold."

And I was able to say, "Yeah, I measured them this weekend, and that's about right."

Since they were 13 inches when he started training me two years ago, that's pretty good.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nnnrg For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (October 14th, 2013), Big RR (October 23rd, 2013), bulkybud (October 14th, 2013), jtchef (October 30th, 2013), Mdlftr (October 14th, 2013), MonsterMash62 (October 14th, 2013), stronguns (October 14th, 2013)
  #960   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:55 PM

Walking down the street today I felt like someone was following me. I looked back a few times and didn't see anyone. Kept walking and still felt like I was being followed. Walked past a store with a mirror and looked into it to see this guy following me. I stopped and turned around and before he could duck into a doorway I asked him what he wanted. Sorry, but do you realize when you walk that your triceps keep flexing? OK. And... well I was just fascinated and couldn't stop watching you. I mean it's unusual to see triceps developed enough that you can actually see them flex when doing nothing but walking. Thanks I said... I guess I should have taken that as a compliment but it felt weird being stared at that way. Anyway man, your back is awesome. I can only imagine what it looks like when you're not wearing a t-shirt. Turned out he was a physical therapy intern and was on his way to the hospital for his shift so was going the same way I was. He was wearing his scrub top. "I notice your arms are pretty well developed," I said to him. Yes, but they are no where near the size of yours. He flexed a nice looking arm of about 15 inches. I pulled up my sleeve and flexed for him. Shit man, your bicep is huge, he said. Cut it out before I have to change my shorts. I just laughed. Told him I walk that way several times a week at that time. To which he replied I know... Now that was really creepy because I realized he had followed me before. I asked him to say something the next time and to please not shadow me! He laughed, said he was sorry for making me uncomfortable and that the next time he saw me he would say something.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Ayakitayama1 (October 21st, 2013), Big RR (October 23rd, 2013), jtchef (October 22nd, 2013), Mdlftr (October 17th, 2013), ozmstud (October 17th, 2013)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options