The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #1001   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
My oldest nephew was at the gym today. He said these two people were watching him workout. They would watch awhile, then would look at each other and talk. He assumed it was about him. Turns out they were looking for a young man who was very well built, but not so muscular that people would find his development excessive. Brad is certainly not a mass monster. About 6 feet 215 pounds about 9% -11% body fat. Anyway they have invited him and several other guys at the gym for a photo shoot tomorrow. I don't know anything about what you should watch out for or if there is any reason for concern. The gym management is aware of it and are providing the location for the shoot. So I guess it will be OK.

Last edited by stronguns; December 5th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Faust2001 (December 14th, 2013)
  #1002   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Sounds like it will be okay since it will be in a public space. They will probably have some releases for them to sign. Best of luck to your nephew!
  #1003   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Jethro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineBoy View Post
Six Weeks from my last massage...... my regular masseur tells me I physically tired him out after a Deep Tissue Massage! I looked at him and he was drenched in sweat from head to toe.

I usually go every two weeks but some how I got busy until now. He told be my arms and shoulders had grown substantially that his hands literally could not reach around my bis & tris. Likewise he said it was like holding bowling balls in his palm as he tried to work on my shoulders.

I sat-up from the massage table, looked at his handsome face and said "I promise NOT the grow too fast before our next session". He responded with "No...you can grow as big as you want...just don't surprise me with your size"

I walked out with a huge grin and boner.
I had the same experience today with the woman I go to for acupuncture/massage for rotator cuff pain. I hadn't seen her for two months, during a time when my workouts have been really intense. I'm sitting on the massage table when she comes into the room and says, "Wow. Look at you. All pumped! Your arms are huge." I sheepishly admitted I'd been hitting the gym hard. When she when to deal with my shoulder, she said, "I can't get my hands around it anymore. No one I work on has muscles like yours." It was one of my best sessions ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jethro For This Useful Post:
middleman (December 13th, 2013), stronguns (January 22nd, 2014)
  #1004   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
  #1005   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I had the same experience today with the woman I go to for acupuncture/massage for rotator cuff pain. I hadn't seen her for two months, during a time when my workouts have been really intense. I'm sitting on the massage table when she comes into the room and says, "Wow. Look at you. All pumped! Your arms are huge." I sheepishly admitted I'd been hitting the gym hard. When she when to deal with my shoulder, she said, "I can't get my hands around it anymore. No one I work on has muscles like yours." It was one of my best sessions ever.
Sounds like it is time for a new massage therapist!
  #1006   Add to SWMassMan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Big...Bigger...BIGGEST!!!

SWMassMan is on a distinguished road
Pro Wrestling

As part of my ongoing midlife crisis, I decided to start pro wrestling training with the local indy wrestlers.

Regardless of what you may think, pro wrestling isn't fake...at least as far as the stress and strain on your body. My chiropractor is my new best bud.

In an effort to perhaps minimize the toll on my body, I looked into playing a "manager" role, or perhaps refereeing. The manager role was taken out of play at least locally...I'm about 20 pounds heavier with muscle than the next biggest guy on the roster. No one wants to be paired with me because they say I make them look small.

I did give refereeing a shot this last weekend with an out of town show. As I got in the ring with the two wrestlers, I could hear someone in the crowd yell, "Why isn't the big guy wrestling?" At the end of the night all three of the refs had to go out to keep order in a Battle Royale. As we were getting ready one of the security guards said, "They don't need all three of you...just send the big guy out there...he'll be enough."

I'm 5-11 and 275 these days. So, yes, by the numbers I'm a big fella. But even so, it's a good ego stroke to hear it from total strangers.

Oh, "Pix...Dammit...Pix" for RJ:
http://hugemusclegeek.tumblr.com/pos...-i-get-to-help
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SWMassMan For This Useful Post:
jtchef (December 22nd, 2013), schwermarko (December 18th, 2013), The Magus (December 20th, 2013)
  #1007   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl View Post
Sounds like it is time for a new massage therapist!
You're right there. I think I've outgrown her. Literally.

I'd welcome recommendations of a good massage therapist in New York City who knows how to deal with bodybuilder bodies.
  #1008   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
You're right there. I think I've outgrown her. Literally.

I'd welcome recommendations of a good massage therapist in New York City who knows how to deal with bodybuilder bodies.
Shame, I don't know any in NYC but I do know of some down here in Dallas/Fort Worth. But I'll keep a look out for some in NYC. What gym do you train at? Whenever I'm in NYC, I love training at Steel Gym off 7th.
fmbandm (December 18th, 2013), SWMassMan (December 18th, 2013)
  #1009   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl View Post
Shame, I don't know any in NYC but I do know of some down here in Dallas/Fort Worth. But I'll keep a look out for some in NYC. What gym do you train at? Whenever I'm in NYC, I love training at Steel Gym off 7th.

Thanks. Steel it is.
  #1010   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2013, 06:56 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMassMan View Post
As part of my ongoing midlife crisis, I decided to start pro wrestling training with the local indy wrestlers.

Regardless of what you may think, pro wrestling isn't fake...at least as far as the stress and strain on your body. My chiropractor is my new best bud.

In an effort to perhaps minimize the toll on my body, I looked into playing a "manager" role, or perhaps refereeing. The manager role was taken out of play at least locally...I'm about 20 pounds heavier with muscle than the next biggest guy on the roster. No one wants to be paired with me because they say I make them look small.

I did give refereeing a shot this last weekend with an out of town show. As I got in the ring with the two wrestlers, I could hear someone in the crowd yell, "Why isn't the big guy wrestling?" At the end of the night all three of the refs had to go out to keep order in a Battle Royale. As we were getting ready one of the security guards said, "They don't need all three of you...just send the big guy out there...he'll be enough."

I'm 5-11 and 275 these days. So, yes, by the numbers I'm a big fella. But even so, it's a good ego stroke to hear it from total strangers.

Oh, "Pix...Dammit...Pix" for RJ:
http://hugemusclegeek.tumblr.com/pos...-i-get-to-help
LOL, I love the "midlife crisis" excuse/explanation. I'm only in my mid-30s (36, so almost late-30s....), but I'm using that phrase all the time to explain my changes in behaviour and appearance to my friends and family. For some reason, we're led to believe that you're only allowed to grow and change when you're young, but life is teaching me that you can ALWAYS pursue your passions in some way. I mean, we get one life, so you better spend it doing things you love.

If you were my ref, I don't know if I would try to be extra good or extra bad. I wouldn't want to piss you off, but I'd definitely want your attention, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
SWMassMan (December 20th, 2013)
  #1011   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM

My nephew is a high school wrestler who put on a lot of weight for his high school football team this year. He was wondering how he was going to lose all that weight so he could wrestle in his 182 pound weight class. Luckily the senior who wrestled the 220 pound class last year graduated. They held tryouts and my nephew was able to move up to the 220 pound weight class this year. People can't believe how much bigger and stronger he has gotten this year. With all that added size he really looks like a different person. He has been getting a lot of questions from the other wrestlers on the strength routine he has been using. So his improvements have been really getting the other kids to think about their strength training as well which will really help their team..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Big RR (January 2nd, 2014), bulkybud (December 23rd, 2013), crushme99 (December 23rd, 2013), hero1000 (December 24th, 2013), jtchef (February 6th, 2014), Mdlftr (December 24th, 2013)
  #1012   Add to brutus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:12 PM

brutus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know anyone on the East Coast, but if you ever make it out to Vegas let me know, and let me know that you are a bodybuilder. We have special needs (slow deep work, stretching, tight fascia, etc) so it sometimes takes a LOT longer than a standard 1 hour session...

As for someone local, I'd call local massage clinics (like Massage Envy, Massage Heights, local places) and ask if they have a big strong guy that knows how to deal with a bodybuilder. I've met very few, if any female therapists that can physically handle a well-developed man.
The Following User Says Thank You to brutus For This Useful Post:
Big RR (January 2nd, 2014)
  #1013   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:10 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post

As for someone local, I'd call local massage clinics (like Massage Envy, Massage Heights, local places) and ask if they have a big strong guy that knows how to deal with a bodybuilder. I've met very few, if any female therapists that can physically handle a well-developed man.
Mine is a woman, and we have two more where I live that seem to be working well, all of the ones I have talked to have appreciated being able to get to work with me and the other guys because they can be aggressive, and use techniques that most "normal" people simply can't tolerate.

Granted my massage therapist is also a 5'11" 350+ pound woman.

I would talk to the chiropractors, they can recommend people who can actually help.
  #1014   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 03:47 PM

We've had several snow days in the past few weeks because of this snowy, icy weather. Many of the guys in my neighborhood know they are welcome to come down and lift at my house, so they have been coming over using their snow days to get in a good workout. My nephews have decided to act as trainers for some of the younger guys. We had 12 in here last Friday, including a couple of their fathers. I had an idea. Told them they are welcome to workout here, but I asked that they help a neighbor or 2 before they come by helping them clear a driveway or sidewalk of snow. It's good exercise and puts their muscle to good use! They thought it was a good idea so they have been helping quite a few people. And I've gotten some calls from a some very appreciative homeowners.

By the time they get here they are warmed up and ready to lift. One of the fathers, also a bodybuilder, told me he was also very impressed by my "trainer" nephew's, which made me very happy.

The kids were curious about the difference between a bodybuilder like that one kid's father and someone like me who is more into powerlifting and strength training. So we had a pose down for them. He was just coming from a contest so was really cut and I guess you would classify him as a middleweight, about 170 pounds. I'm 85 pounds heavier with considerably more muscle mass, but not as cut or as proportioned as him so they got some sort of an idea of the difference. So they got a bit of an education today too.

Last edited by stronguns; January 5th, 2014 at 09:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
milwmuscleguy (January 5th, 2014), schwermarko (January 6th, 2014)
  #1015   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:16 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Subtle notice...

I had a subtle muscle compliment over the weekend. I officiate at high school swim meets. As a "stroke and turn" judge, I adjudicate the legality of a swimmer's strokes in the various events: butterfly, backstroke, breast stroke, freestyle. There are typically four of us per meet. To make us stand out, we wear white polo shirts with the logo of the swimming organization on them. These polos are fairly true to size. Since I've been lifting, they fit me better and better, particularly around my shoulders and pecs, which is where the logo is.

Also at every meet, officials get a stick-on name tag, identifying you, your team and your function. As you might expect, the stick-um on the backs of these labels isn't that thick and in the humid air of the indoor pool, the labels start to peel off. I work as part of a team of officials, both men and women. We are parents of the swimmers. Two of the women I work with are fairly hardass - one is a PhD in her regular life, and she is REALLY INTENSE in every thing she does. Her default demeanor can only be described as FIERCE, and she seldom smiles. She's VERY serious. She acts as referee for the meets. Let's call her "Jill". The other woman, let's call her "Betty" is very in-your-face. She's the team rep, and she negotiates with the other team, arranges for parents to officiate at the meets and is RESPONSIBLE. So, both of these people are intense and not a bundle of laughs - usually.

During the last two weeks, both of them have been acting weird. As referee, Jill is responsible for briefing the stroke and turn judges before the meets. She reminds people of the rules for running meets and she is pretty straightforward about it. Last week I noticed that she kept smiling when she was briefing us, particularly when looking in my direction. She didn't seem to be looking directly at my face, but rather, below my chin. She'd give a little grin, look below my chin and look away and continue with her briefing. Very weird behavior, especially for her.

This week, it was "crazy hats" day. You were supposed to wear a "crazy hat" before the swim meet to get everyone all pumped up. Yeah. I chose to pass. When I showed up for the meet, Jill greets me and then pulls out a camo cap, kind of like a combination between "Duck Dynasty" and "NASCAR" and puts it on my head. I just stand there like a dork with the hat on my head. Jill gives a little grin and saunters off. Betty hands me my name tag, and I stick in on my chest, right over my left pec. For the rest of the meet, every time I went to talk to either Jill or Betty about something, they each kept staring at the name tag, as it curled off my chest. They each, separately, took it upon themselves to "fix" the tag by reaching out and pressing it into my pec, which is fairly hard, so it provides a surface to push on. Normally neither of these women will even shake hands, so this was way out of character for them.

Afterwards, thinking about it, I realized that I was being groped.

Cool!

Mdlftr
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
nnnrg (January 13th, 2014), schwermarko (January 13th, 2014), stronguns (January 22nd, 2014), The Magus (January 13th, 2014)
  #1016   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you need to say "My eyes are up here" and see what they do, Mdlftr.
  #1017   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
My dad's been telling me I look more "Sturdy' Since starting work. And my shoulders are indeed broader.

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ogun For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 17th, 2014), arpeejay (January 17th, 2014), depofparty (January 29th, 2014), Mdlftr (January 13th, 2014)
  #1018   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnrg View Post
Sounds like you need to say "My eyes are up here" and see what they do, Mdlftr.
Knowing them, they'd say, "I know!".....and keep looking below my chin!

Still weirds me out when I think about it. It's a compliment, I guess, but "covert"!

Hooray for push ups!...and bench presses, ...and incline bench, ...and cable flyes...and pull ups and...stair steppers....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 17th, 2014), schwermarko (January 13th, 2014)
  #1019   Add to reborndragon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:50 PM

reborndragon is on a distinguished road
Two recent moments:

Saw a co-worker I hadn't seen in ages (I work in a building where if you can go months without seeing someone unless you deliberately seek them out), and when he put out his hand for a handshake he looked me up and down and made me promise I wouldn't crush his hand.

Again at work, we were talking near the end of the day and one guy was talking about how when he was in grade school he used to be a bully. I brought of the fact that I was bullied in school and his immediate response was to say that I honestly didn't look like anyone would dare to bully me.

Of the two the 2nd one really felt good, gave me a sense of closure, lol
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reborndragon For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 16th, 2014), beachdude (January 16th, 2014), Big RR (January 16th, 2014), dallasmsl (January 15th, 2014), jtchef (February 6th, 2014), Mdlftr (January 16th, 2014), schwermarko (January 15th, 2014)
  #1020   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
I don't know anyone on the East Coast, but if you ever make it out to Vegas let me know, and let me know that you are a bodybuilder. We have special needs (slow deep work, stretching, tight fascia, etc) so it sometimes takes a LOT longer than a standard 1 hour session...

Many thanks. I finally found a guy who works with athletes and dancers so he gets those "special needs". And you're right, for the second session I booked a 1.5 hour session and it made a difference. And if I'm ever in Vegas I'll let you know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jethro For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 17th, 2014), Big RR (January 16th, 2014), dallasmsl (January 16th, 2014)
  #1021   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogun View Post
My dad's been telling me I look more "Sturdy' Since starting work. And my shoulders are indeed broader.
No love for me?

My Squiby!
php

The Following User Says Thank You to Ogun For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 17th, 2014)
  #1022   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogun View Post
No love for me?
Dude,
I gave you an "I like"! I've done MY part. How about the rest of you out there?

You gonna leave this "sturdy" guy unrecognized? For shame!

Borrowing from Reeza in another thread (about Catholic Grade school nuns) "I'm gonna get my ruler!"

#1023   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:14 AM

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
dallasmsl (January 17th, 2014)
  #1024   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Pix, dammit, pix!
Hahahahah :P OK.
$ years ago http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...IMG_2027-1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/15181356.jpg Some time ago
"Extremely Hot" http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...oopy/newme.jpg
Flexinghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/P1000454.jpg
? http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...opy/102533.jpg
Halloween http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/P1000464.jpg
NEw photo
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/P1000503.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...y/P1000507.jpg

My Squiby!
php

Last edited by Ogun; January 17th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ogun For This Useful Post:
jtchef (February 6th, 2014)
  #1025   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:32 PM

Went to a conference in Kentucky this weekend. Walked into the hotel workout room. A small group of 20-something guys were there lifting. None of them looked particularly strong or muscular. I looked around, there were mostly machines and a dumbbells ranging from 5 pounds to 35 pounds.

When I took my sweat shirt off the room got quiet. Nothing like being stared at to make me feel uneasy. I looked up and smiled at everyone. One guy looks at me and says, "with muscle like that and light weights like these I think you're in the wrong place. There is a Gold's Gym on Taylorsville Rd. which would suit you a lot better. The hotel can get you a guest pass."

Guess he was right about that. So I did some push ups, put my shirt back on, said thanks and left. As I walked out the door I heard one of them say, "damn, talk about feeling like a wimp. That guy could have beaten the crap out of all of us..." I smiled.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (January 23rd, 2014), CanadianGordon (January 22nd, 2014), dallasmsl (January 22nd, 2014), hero1000 (February 6th, 2014), jtchef (February 6th, 2014), Mdlftr (January 22nd, 2014), schwermarko (January 22nd, 2014)
  #1026   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:12 PM

Hotel gyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Went to a conference in Kentucky this weekend. Walked into the hotel workout room. A small group of 20-something guys were there lifting. None of them looked particularly strong or muscular. I looked around, there were mostly machines and a dumbbells ranging from 5 pounds to 35 pounds.

When I took my sweat shirt off the room got quiet. Nothing like being stared at to make me feel uneasy. I looked up and smiled at everyone. One guy looks at me and says, "with muscle like that and light weights like these I think you're in the wrong place. There is a Gold's Gym on Taylorsville Rd. which would suit you a lot better. The hotel can get you a guest pass."

Guess he was right about that. So I did some push ups, put my shirt back on, said thanks and left. As I walked out the door I heard one of them say, "damn, talk about feeling like a wimp. That guy could have beaten the crap out of all of us..." I smiled.
That's GREAT! I can't tell you the number of times I've stayed in a decent, fairly well appointed hotel and the exercise room is for crap.

Glad you got the referral to the local Gold's!

You can always count on them == they're like McDonald's that way - very consistent!

Hope you got a good work out in. Some of my best work outs have been on the road, usually on the morning of a day when I have a big presentation!

Mdlftr
  #1027   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 10:17 PM

for Arpeejay

I have posted a couple of shots in the intro thread, I am certain you will all be underwhelmed, this bod aint built for looks.

Did get correctly ID'd as a powerlifter while waiting in line to visit a friend in the slam.

The lovely lady in question said, "Oh I know your body type, I am a speed skater, so I train with olympic lifters and powerlifters." On the way out I had a lovely opportunity to observe the work she had put into those glutes and thighs. Oh yeah, she squats!

That's an equal opportunity gadunkadunk by the way, If you like your guys to be able to twerk it, watch speed skating.
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
hero1000 (February 6th, 2014)
  #1028   Add to charmcitywop's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:25 PM

charmcitywop is on a distinguished road
Coworker, that frequently comments on my build asked, "Have you been working your back? It looks hulkish"
arpeejay (February 6th, 2014), dallasmsl (February 6th, 2014), hero1000 (February 6th, 2014), Mdlftr (February 6th, 2014), schwermarko (February 6th, 2014), stronguns (February 8th, 2014)
  #1029   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:28 AM

Out shoveling snow this morning with some friends. It's a great workout. After we were done and came inside I took my coat off and shirt leaving the t-shirt on. My buddies dropped on the couch and just laid there exhausted. Mike, aren't you the least bit tired? Nope. Damn, Mike look at your arms, look how pumped they are. The veins are huge. They asked me how it feels to be so strong. They said I was shoveling twice what they had on their shovels and was throwing it twice as far and never quit. They had to keep stopping and resting. I hadn't really noticed it, but they were right. With strength comes the ability to do things easier. You guys need to exercise more.

Last edited by stronguns; February 13th, 2014 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (February 13th, 2014)
  #1030   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:01 AM

Sadly, with great strength comes great responsibility. The other day a coworker of mine got his car stuck in a snowbank while turning into our parkinglot. Even though there were 2 other guys in our department that day, all eyes turned to me and I had to go down and help try to push.

Alas, that car was well and truly stuck, after about 40 minutes of (eventually) all of us pushing and heaving, shovelling, putting salt under the tires, we gave in and called the tow truck. I got my workout in, though, which is nice.

I'm at the point where if there's heavy lifting to do, I'm usually the guy people look at. On one hand, I'm flattered and happy to help, but on the other hand, outside of the gym I like to be lazy :P
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
JeffXeno (February 13th, 2014), Lucas88 (February 13th, 2014), Mdlftr (February 13th, 2014), stronguns (February 13th, 2014)
  #1031   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
I'm at the point where if there's heavy lifting to do, I'm usually the guy people look at. On one hand, I'm flattered and happy to help, but on the other hand, outside of the gym I like to be lazy :P
Yes, I know how you feel. Every time a friend moves I get called on to help. Usually have a refrigerator or freezer or some other big piece to move. I like to help, but after awhile it gets old. I have to admit that I have purposely not been around to help when a few people have asked.
  #1032   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Yes, I know how you feel. Every time a friend moves I get called on to help. Usually have a refrigerator or freezer or some other big piece to move. I like to help, but after awhile it gets old. I have to admit that I have purposely not been around to help when a few people have asked.
LOL, I don't have that luxury. I've moved about 35 times in my life, almost 20 of those times as an adult, and I can't count the number of people who've helped me lug my crap to progressively more broke-down apartments, so I have a shit-tonne of moving karma to pay off. That's the ONE non-gym area where I'm not lazy: if someone is moving, I will help them with no hesitation.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
stronguns (February 13th, 2014)
  #1033   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Had a great weekend with 2 buddies from my college days. They couldn't get over how much I've grown in the past year. They were curious just how strong 29 inch thighs and 20 inch biceps can be so we wrestled a bit. Grabbed them with my legs and pulled them down and kept them there so they couldn't move. It was fun to watch them struggle to get free and not get anywhere. But the most fun was wrapping my arms around their waists, picking the two of them up off the floor and watching as they tried to pull my arms apart. At one point they started to pull my arms apart, but I just tightened my arms around them and they couldn't get free. What was so much fun about all of this is they used to be stronger than me and now I'm stronger than the two of them put together.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
beachdude (February 17th, 2014), eschl46 (February 24th, 2014), jtchef (March 5th, 2014), Mdlftr (February 17th, 2014)
  #1034   Add to Redtiger56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM

Redtiger56 is on a distinguished road
Just for a prospective what is their height and weight now? Did they think they could take you one on one or the 2 together? Thank you for your response.
  #1035   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtiger56 View Post
Just for a prospective what is their height and weight now? Did they think they could take you one on one or the 2 together? Thank you for your response.
They knew there was no way they could take me because we had worked out before wrestling and they saw what I could lift, which in some lifts was more than twice than what they could lift as individuals. They just wanted to see if they stood a chance when we wrestled and as one said, he wanted to feel the power of my arms. They're both about 165 pounds and about 5' 11".

Last edited by stronguns; February 17th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
beachdude (February 17th, 2014), jtchef (March 5th, 2014)
  #1036   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:59 PM

The large canvas

I got a tatoo on my calfrecently. About 15 minutes in the tatooist says aloud, "It is so nice to have a big slab of muscle to work on!" This was of course after the discussion of my calf being big enough to take a tatoo that would fill a whole sheet of paper.

When i got the one on my delt (some years ago) the tatooist who did that one held up a sheet of paper to my arm to decide how much to shrink the drawing and said, "Oh, I guess I don't need to make that any smaller at all, your arm is actually that big."

And yes, I am following Rich Piana's advice, highlights across the top of the muscle belly, shadows underneath (so It looks fuller), and keep the lines running accross the muscle, (so it looks wider)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
Big RR (March 5th, 2014), bigbearny (March 15th, 2014), flamedelft (March 5th, 2014), GTlifter (March 5th, 2014), hero1000 (March 5th, 2014), muscleted18 (March 5th, 2014)
  #1037   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:28 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
It's getting warmer so the shirts are getting more revealing. I've made some progress over the winter and when someone commented that my muscles are getting bigger, I explained that I am buying them on the installment plan. I need to go to the gym several times a week for 90 minutes to make payments.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim USA For This Useful Post:
audobahn (March 21st, 2014), dallasmsl (March 15th, 2014), Mdlftr (March 15th, 2014), muscleaddict (March 17th, 2014), nnnrg (March 15th, 2014), schwermarko (March 20th, 2014), The Magus (March 15th, 2014)
  #1038   Add to rad1987's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:08 AM

rad1987 is on a distinguished road
I had absolutely the BIGGEST confidence boost this last weekend. Last Monday, my workout partner was out of town so I went to the gym by myself. I ran into one of the trainers who always says hello to me. He's a former adult film star and HUGE bodybuilder. Really sweet guy. Well, this past weekend during my birthday dinner, my friend and former work out partner (I changed work schedules) told me that the trainer, who trains him on Saturdays, told him that I was looking much bigger and that he barely recognized me. And he said that my butt looked like a pair of bowling balls.

Excuse me while I jack off like a crazed bonobo.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rad1987 For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (March 19th, 2014), BigSteve6ft3 (March 19th, 2014), JeffXeno (March 20th, 2014), jtchef (March 19th, 2014), muscleaddict (March 20th, 2014), Shelby (March 19th, 2014), stronguns (April 9th, 2014)
  #1039   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:02 PM

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options