The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #121   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2007, 08:58 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Wink Being Bigger

Difficult as it is to believe, at 62, I am getting looks from both genders, at gym and other places. Our local Gold's has a new young trainer (most likely mid 20's) caught him several times looking at me. Great to be noticed at my age. By the way this trainer is heavily built and muscled up, even under full pullover and long training pants. I am loving it all.
  #122   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM

traveller
'Big Chest' comment during morning commuting

Today when I stepped into a BART train on the way to work, someone called out to me, "Gold's San Mateo!" I looked over to a seat nearby the train door where a 20-something guy was seated. He had brown, curley hair, a pleasant face and what appeared to be a sturdy build underneath his flannel shirt. He quickly explained that he used to see me at the Gold's Gym in San Mateo, CA near where I used to work. I told him that it's been a while since I worked out there because I quit working at a company near that gym. I patted my belly while I told him that my new commute has made my workouts more inconsistent and infrequent than I'd like. "But, you still have a big chest," was his response. I was flattered by his comment, and a bit surprised since my gaydar categorized him as straight. That made me wonder if he looks at everyone's chest.

We exchanged names and talked about where we currently work out. I learned that he now works out at a gym where Barry Bonds and his former (?) trainer, Greg Anderson, used to work out; it's now called Diesel Fitness in Burlingame, CA. That gym may not have the same equipment as our former gym, but he likes it there. One of these days, if my daily commute to and from work permits, I plan to check out the place. Today's encounter was happenstance, because my trek to the polling station for the California primary elections screwed up my normal commute to work. I probably won't see the guy again, unless I bump into him on my infrequent travels on BART, or see him at Diesel Fitness.

traveller
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #123   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Lightbulb Morning Commute

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
Today when I stepped into a BART train on the way to work, someone called out to me, "Gold's San Mateo!" I looked over to a seat nearby the train door where a 20-something guy was seated. He had brown, curley hair, a pleasant face and what appeared to be a sturdy build underneath his flannel shirt. He quickly explained that he used to see me at the Gold's Gym in San Mateo, CA near where I used to work. I told him that it's been a while since I worked out there because I quit working at a company near that gym. I patted my belly while I told him that my new commute has made my workouts more inconsistent and infrequent than I'd like. "But, you still have a big chest," was his response. I was flattered by his comment, and a bit surprised since my gaydar categorized him as straight. That made me wonder if he looks at everyone's chest.

We exchanged names and talked about where we currently work out. I learned that he now works out at a gym where Barry Bonds and his former (?) trainer, Greg Anderson, used to work out; it's now called Diesel Fitness in Burlingame, CA. That gym may not have the same equipment as our former gym, but he likes it there. One of these days, if my daily commute to and from work permits, I plan to check out the place. Today's encounter was happenstance, because my trek to the polling station for the California primary elections screwed up my normal commute to work. I probably won't see the guy again, unless I bump into him on my infrequent travels on BART, or see him at Diesel Fitness.

traveller
Really nice that you shared that here with us all. Many thanks. Bill
  #124   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM

pumpin20inguns is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing. I find 'straight' guys comment right away if they see a buff guy.
Funny thing happen today, a teen at fitness first ask me if I padded my chest. lol
  #125   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
"But, you still have a big chest," was his response. I was flattered by his comment, and a bit surprised since my gaydar categorized him as straight. That made me wonder if he looks at everyone's chest.
Having met Traveller, I can attest that he has a huge, hard chest.

(btw... will be in the bay area from 2/19-2/21 for work.)

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #126   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I'd almost forgotten:

We went to Naoyuki's department's holiday party in early December and one of his colleagues (who actually lifts), who I hadn't seen in at least six months, took one look at me and said "pec implants!"

Made my evening...! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #127   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:29 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

Thumbs up Real Life Observations

Great comment! Pec implants! Believe me, I think some people, esp. those who envy or lust most, use such namecalling games when they would really love to have my size!

P.S. I have a chest that is pushing toward 51 from 50.5 with a waist of 34.
  #128   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
Having met Traveller, I can attest that he has a huge, hard chest.

(btw... will be in the bay area from 2/19-2/21 for work.)
For me 'huge' is relative because I always use bigger people like Art Atwood for comparisons. I have to admit that I'm softer since my weekday commute to my new job has soaked up a lot of my free time. I'm trying to fit workouts back into my daily life. I hope to see some changes in time for warmer weather.

traveller
  #129   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
It's something

Today at work there were a bunch of folks who hadn't seen me in while and several commented on how much weight I had lost. Before you think this is a just a Jenny Craig moment let me say I have been back at the gym for a few months and I have only gone from 250 to 240 lbs. When I mentioned I had only lost about 10 lbs, they said they thought I had lost much more.

My shirts are fitting tighter through the chest and arms and a bit looser though the waist. I didn't think that I had made any noticeable progress but after today I'm feeling pretty good about my workout schedule.

Back to the gym tomorrow with a renewed attitude!

Bulkybud
  #130   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Congrats bulkybud. Maybe you'll inspire a few of your coworkers to hit the gym.
  #131   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Last Night At The Gym

Last night I was at the gym doing a full-body workout (week 5). I was just about half-way through my routine when I was approached my a man I've often seen but never spoken to. I had just finished a set on the rotary calf machine when he commented, "Hey, looking good. Losing weight, huh?" I smiled and answered, "Actually, I've been slowly gaining for a while". He then said, "Well keep up the good work". I thanked him for his kind words.

I was on cloud nine for the rest of my workout. Here recently I've been feeling like I haven't been making much headway. That was just the thing to stoke my fires.
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #132   Add to achilles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM
The Inspiration.

achilles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to achilles Send a message via MSN to achilles Send a message via Yahoo to achilles
Exclamation

I had a muscle-related encounter this afternoon that was amusing, pleasing... and puzzling!

I was walking home from the gym, which is a 20 minute walk through town. I felt pretty pumped in a tight shirt, and probably looked it too. This week I measured my arms at 18.75" - not far off 19" now ;-) But halfway there, this car pulls up alongside and the driver (a shady gangster looking type actually) calls out to me. When I stop and I'm like "Hm?" he asks: "Hey... do you want to buy any dumbells?"

I didn't hear him, so I asked him to repeat himself. So he said again, did I want to buy any dumbells. I reply no, and he drives off.

Two things I can comment on this encounter: One, well, at least I can take it as a good thing that I must look big enough that a random person would make such offers. From their car no less.

And two... he might have been offering me 'roids. There was an /unusual/ emphasis on the word 'dumbells'. Like that was not what he really meant.

A fellow bodybuilder I met through YouTube once said to me that once you get big enough, you don't have to find the people selling the stuff, they come and find you. I just didn't think it would be so literally. If thats what it was...

--
Training Since: September 15th 2006
Muscle-lover Since: Birth!
  #133   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles View Post
...This week I measured my arms at 18.75" - not far off 19" now...
BTW, great progress! (Is that measurement cold or after working out?)
  #134   Add to wildblue's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Mass Builder

wildblue is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, I've been training like a mad man getting ready for a show in May. And It's coming along pretty well. I love it. As I've started leaning out, I'm getting more and more attention...from everybody. I love it. I've been getting all kinds of compliments on my quads and calves. And I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in 4 years...he said that I looked waaaay bigger than I ever have before and he especially liked the "shelf" that I call a butt...I loved hearing that.
  #135   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Congrats, wildblue! Sounds like your precontest is coming along nicely.

Are you doing the Gold's Classic (May 3) or the Metrolina (May 10)?
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #136   Add to wildblue's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Mass Builder

wildblue is on a distinguished road
Thanks Donnie. I'm doing the Metrolina. I'm 11 weeks out right now. I didn't expect to be enjoying the training this much. I'm loving the results though. The veins in my quads are just crazy. Of course Grilled chicken and broccoli do get boring after a while.
  #137   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2008, 02:02 PM
MAZIVZEMBERE

Thumbs up Every pound and inch counts.

Good to hear you've been noticed and praised, for all your hard work, you deserve it. Thanks for sharing your experience here.
  #138   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
personal update
i haven't put on any real size in a while (gained about 5-10 lbs last fall) but there has been some kinda change 'cause the other day i was at a seminar and i went out to lunch with the guy who had been sitting next to me. he asked the obligatory question: "do you work out?" but here's the kicker "cause when i patted you on the back earlier you were hard as a rock!"
i don't think i've got that much density, at least not above the belt, but it was a cool feeling anyways.
  #139   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
I haven't put on any more size in a looooong time. But Saturday night I was a party with a group of co-workers and a few other people. This one guy (probably about 5'8" maybe 140#) looked at me and said "damn man you're huge and grabbed my left arm so I flexed and he said F***!" I had on a plain red t-shirt not even tight, but it made me feel good. I'm 42, 6'2" around 235# and kind of beefy with 17" arms (cold and flexed).
  #140   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Biceps, NFL, etc.

Two incidents that made my week:

Was doing arms on the preacher-bench when the new personal trainer, a cute little bodybuilder, came over and asked me how big my arms are. I actually didn't know, as I haven't measured them in a while... and they've traditionally been my worst bodypart. I said that I thought 18", maybe, max. He asked me to come into his office so he could put a tape on my guns; when he did they measured 20 1/2" ! I couldn't believe it. Now, here's the kicker; He then had me measure his biceps and they were 15 1/4". He then held up the tape, showing 5 inches, and said: "Dude, that's how much bigger your arms are than mine."

Now, I'm a big guy, but I must admit my voice cracked as I excused myself and tried to hide the raging hard-on poking up in my sweatpants.

Second incident:
Guy in line behind me in the food court says: "Damned! Big MAN! You play for the Patriots?" Now, he's obviously never stood next to an NFL player, or he'd realize that at 5'-7" tall I am in no way comparable to a pro-football player, but it was still nice that he projected that image upon me.

Nice to know the work in the gym is paying off. I still think I look too thin, though.

-BigLittleTim
  #141   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

Nice to know the work in the gym is paying off. I still think I look too thin, though.
At 5'7 and 280 lbs. you're 10 lbs. heavier than Branch Warren (5'6) at his max. People (muscular ones!) don't get much bigge than you do!

xoxo

Richard
  #142   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM

My entry really should be titled "remembrance of things past..." since it goes back along way!

(1) Circa 1979 I'd been lifting fairly regularly for about a year and I was up to about 180. My best friend and I were taking a trip to see his grandmother when we had a flat tire in the country. I went back down the road (it was dusk) to pick up the hubcab and walked back to the car, sort of with the sun behind me, so that he really couldn't see much more than my silhouette. "Ya know, you're really filling out," he told me when I got back to the car. "You have a very masculine profile now." Three years previously, when we both graduated from high school, I was about 140.

(2) A year or so later I was about the same size but my pecs were definitely pumping up. One day my future wife and I were headed to the beach and I said something along the lines of "I think I'm going to have to get some new shirts." She answered with, "Well, duh, look at these things," and started poking 'em.

(3) Many years later (circa 1997-1998) Jeremy and I had a dozen or so guys to our house for our Big Gay Sleepover. I was stretched out on the floor with my hands behind my head when Eden, later to be our roommate and the person who helped me make it through Jeremy's loss, suddenly said, "Damn, Richard, look at those lats!" Considering most of the guys there didn't know what lats were (and Eden later that year did his one and only amateur bb competition) I was MORE than pleased with the attention.

(4) Last fall we went to OKC for the wedding of Jeremy's baby brother, Nick, who I hadn't seen since the year before Jeremy passed away in 2001. Nick, a grad student at UC Davis, is 6 ft and blond and handsome as all get out but not a whole lot bigger than the last time I'd seen him, when he was only 19. His eyes kinda popped out. "Whoa, dude, I don't remember you being this big!" I pointed out that I was probably 10-15 lbs. lighter than the last time I'd seen him, it was just better distributed now. "You've got the muscle mass," he said, "but I've got the moves." Didn't stop him from poking me (chest, arms, shoulders) whenever he got a chance. And, believe me, he really is straight as a board.

The things we live for...!

xoxo

Richard
  #143   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
1) I only just started working out about a month ago and have begun to see changes by myself, but I really felt good when my friend (whom I always work out with) commented on it too.

I'm rather skinny and I try to hide my smaller frame in long (parachute) pants and a hoody, but while we were doing calf raises (with the same weight that my friend uses - but has been working out for 6 more months then I have) my sleeve rolled down a bit.

Out of the blue he said that my arms were looking more ripped. Well, I felt good about that.

2) Just yesterday was legs (I LOVE doing legs) and I did 20 reps on the leg press machine with 300 lbs. Well, I thought I was doing something wrong, so I asked my friend. Apparently I wasn't sitting as close as I was supposed to, so he moved the seat and pushed the weight, and while I doubt I could do 20, I imagine I could do at least 10 (this was after a full day's leg workout AND a 9 minute mile).

I think he was as surprised as *I* was. Basically, it felt good to do that. I'm relatively weak (though making weekly progress) on everything else, but even though I just started, I'm glad to know that my legs are just as strong as my friend's.

That's a major boost, right there.

My next mission is to get a chest. I need one before this summer. I already have a faint six pack... so if I can work on that for another 3 or 4 months PLUS what I may be able to add to my chest... I'll finally enjoy taking my shirt off.

I wanna be that guy that surprises people when he takes off his shirt... and if I can continue the progress I've made already, I really think I can do it.

And this is coming from a pessimist!
  #144   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbraxis View Post
My next mission is to get a chest. I need one before this summer. I already have a faint six pack... so if I can work on that for another 3 or 4 months PLUS what I may be able to add to my chest... I'll finally enjoy taking my shirt off.

I wanna be that guy that surprises people when he takes off his shirt... and if I can continue the progress I've made already, I really think I can do it.

Well...you already have a chest (otherwise, you'd be dead), you just need a bigger chest.

Like this one: http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...764/376716.JPG

I can't wait to hear what you grow for us (and more importantly, yourself).

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #145   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
1) I only just started working out about a month ago and have begun to see changes by myself, but I really felt good when my friend (whom I always work out with) commented on it too.

I'm rather skinny and I try to hide my smaller frame in long (parachute) pants and a hoody, but while we were doing calf raises (with the same weight that my friend uses - but has been working out for 6 more months then I have) my sleeve rolled down a bit.

Out of the blue he said that my arms were looking more ripped. Well, I felt good about that.

2) Just yesterday was legs (I LOVE doing legs) and I did 20 reps on the leg press machine with 300 lbs. Well, I thought I was doing something wrong, so I asked my friend. Apparently I wasn't sitting as close as I was supposed to, so he moved the seat and pushed the weight, and while I doubt I could do 20, I imagine I could do at least 10 (this was after a full day's leg workout AND a 9 minute mile).

I think he was as surprised as *I* was. Basically, it felt good to do that. I'm relatively weak (though making weekly progress) on everything else, but even though I just started, I'm glad to know that my legs are just as strong as my friend's.

That's a major boost, right there.

Experiences like you've posted will only add fuel to the "muscle fire" within you. Congrats on your progress thus far. Your expectations seem reasonable. Best wishes for not only achieving but smashing your goals!
  #146   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
Congrats to you guys. I got a couple of really nice recognitions yesterday and today.

1) I was chosen to be man of the day yesterday on realjock.com. Considering some of the waaay ripped and huge guys there (almost 100% gay, BTW), I was very surprised they picked me to highlight on the front page. Got a lot of nice e-mails and messages on my success.

2) I just joined the brand new 24 here in town, and it cuts my gym commute by 3/4. A lot of the Gold's guys I know had already moved, so it was nice to see old friends. Anyway, I was in the gym doing legs today. A gay club bartender friend was there doing legs to in the same area. I was on the hack squat sled with 630 on the thing, cranking out sets of 10, without much difficulty. (Given the angle of the sled, it isn't a lot of weight to bear, so I could do perfect form). He looks up, sees what I'm doing, and the decent pump on my legs, and comes over and says, "Man, you're just a freak, aren't you?" We talked more for a minute, but no one's ever called me a freak in a good way. Gave me the drive to power through the rest of my workout.
  #147   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Jethro is on a distinguished road
I went to give blood this morning. There were already about five guys sitting in the loungers hooked up to machines. As I settled into the lounger, the technician went to wrap the blood pressure band around my left arm. "You work out," she said. "I feel all that muscle!" That made me feel terrific, but there was more. She tapped the vein at the crease in my elbow. "Look at that big vein! No problem with finding a vein for you." She was my new best friend.

Then she gave me a rubber ball to squeeze when the machine was drawing platelets, but the machine kept sounding an alarm. "Your grip is too strong," she said to me. And then she turned to her fellow nurse and said loudly so the whole room could hear, "His grip is so strong, he can't squeeze gently, he's used to lifting weights and has such a strong grip." She took the ball away and told me to just move my fingers. She moved away saying to everyone in the room, "He has such a strong grip. Look how strong he is."

I've been riding high ever since.
  #148   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:58 AM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I went to give blood this morning. There were already about five guys sitting in the loungers hooked up to machines. As I settled into the lounger, the technician went to wrap the blood pressure band around my left arm. "You work out," she said. "I feel all that muscle!" That made me feel terrific, but there was more. She tapped the vein at the crease in my elbow. "Look at that big vein! No problem with finding a vein for you." She was my new best friend.

Then she gave me a rubber ball to squeeze when the machine was drawing platelets, but the machine kept sounding an alarm. "Your grip is too strong," she said to me. And then she turned to her fellow nurse and said loudly so the whole room could hear, "His grip is so strong, he can't squeeze gently, he's used to lifting weights and has such a strong grip." She took the ball away and told me to just move my fingers. She moved away saying to everyone in the room, "He has such a strong grip. Look how strong he is."

I've been riding high ever since.
Yeah, that would stoke the ego. Plus, I'm sure everyone in the room turned to check out the strongman. Good for you.
  #149   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
I started working out in November last year, and I'm doing well, in my opinion. I've gained about 8~9 pounds (no fat, because my body doesn't seem to store fat). I'm in a really small gym with its own power lifting team, and I get some great work-out tips from the guys there every now and then.

Anyway, I was wearing a t-shirt for the first time this year, and the guy I've been with for a few weeks now asked me if I were taking steroids, 'cos my "arms were bigger every week". Personally I think most change is coming from the chest and lats, but who am I to deny an observation like that

I'm quite curious to know where I'll be in November this year!
  #150   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj. View Post
I started working out in November last year, and I'm doing well, in my opinion. I've gained about 8~9 pounds (no fat, because my body doesn't seem to store fat). I'm in a really small gym with its own power lifting team, and I get some great work-out tips from the guys there every now and then.

Anyway, I was wearing a t-shirt for the first time this year, and the guy I've been with for a few weeks now asked me if I were taking steroids, 'cos my "arms were bigger every week". Personally I think most change is coming from the chest and lats, but who am I to deny an observation like that

I'm quite curious to know where I'll be in November this year!
Way to go, NJ! Keep it up and don't buy any larger t-shirts. Let everybody appreciate your hard work and the great results!
  #151   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
I received a nice compliment last night. I was hanging out with some friends, most of them college students. One of the guys is a 19-20 y/o 5'8" 155# shredded wrestler. He said "look at you buying smaller shirts these days". He and another guy started acting like they were flexing and we were all laughing about then someone else interrupted the conversation and we didn't get back to it. I text messaged the guy later and said "btw, my shirt is an XL and I've had it for several months". He said "Man, I'm sorry, I was actually complimenting you on your muscles". He's a funny kid, talk about a hot body. I saw him in the gym about a week ago and he said "you're really getting lean". I'm not.. lol.. I'm actually gaining weight, up to 242# now.
  #152   Add to achilles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:30 AM
The Inspiration.

Send a message via AIM to achilles Send a message via MSN to achilles Send a message via Yahoo to achilles
Nice stories everyone. Clearly everyone's growing like they should be

You know, when I began bodybuilding, within months my gains became noticable, and the comments / noticing really became an onslaught by the time I was three-four months in, and continued for awhile as I began growing out of my clothes (!). One and a half years on, I know I'm not any smaller than I used to be - quite the opposite - but the remarks don't come in anymore. I think people are used to me being 'the muscle guy', and they've forgotten the skinny twig I used to be. Plus my current workplace now has me on XXL shirts, because smaller just looks 'too tight' to be appropriate for the clientele we have visiting us, so I guess I'm also not as visible as I once was.

BUT it's still possible for something to happen to remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing - like yesterday! A local businessman came by my establishment, a semi-regular guy who hadn't been around for awhile. I actually pass by his shop on the way to and from the gym. He came in for a coffee, and whilst he was there as I served him ventured to say he saw me walking past every day, and that I was "looking bigger every time I walked past - real huge actually" - then reached over and squeezed my arm across the counter!

I'm still working on the correct ettiquete as to what one should do when a virtual stranger cops a feel and compliments so highly. It takes me by surprise every time! I just smiled, said thanks, and told him about my contest in August. He was just enthusiastic and said whatever I was doing was working for me as he departed.

Even though it happens rarely these days, such moments when they come I still treasure :-)

--
  #153   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:36 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

BTW, I can't wait to see the results as you get ready to compete.
  #154   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:57 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Just had to share this...

This happened when I was heading home from work.

As I was walking down a flight of stairs in the train station, I saw this guy just standing and looking at me. I apparently caught his attention from my wearing a snug T-shirt. Anyway, I tried to ignore him, but then he said aloud, "You've got big muscles," which was weird enough by itself, but then he continued with--and I shit you not--"I love you, I love you, I love you."

Needless to say, I kept on walking.
  #155   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

In NYC there are weird people underground. I imagine any city with an underground is the same.

Once I was down there and some guy was drawing things (not pictures... or even doodles... just black lines) in a note book, which he would periodically use to cover his face. He mumbled to himself a lot too.

Weird...

P.S. Sorry for the hijack. My bad ...
  #156   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:41 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by omelissokomos View Post
This happened when I was heading home from work.

As I was walking down a flight of stairs in the train station, I saw this guy just standing and looking at me. I apparently caught his attention from my wearing a snug T-shirt. Anyway, I tried to ignore him, but then he said aloud, "You've got big muscles," which was weird enough by itself, but then he continued with--and I shit you not--"I love you, I love you, I love you."

Needless to say, I kept on walking.
LOL now THAT's Funny! ...in a weird and creepy kinda way!
  #157   Add to alantherock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM

alantherock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm still working on the correct ettiquete as to what one should do when a virtual stranger cops a feel and compliments so highly.
Yeah, this happens to me a lot too. Not really sure how to take it. An older woman grabbed my bicep the other weak as we were heading down a staircase, and said she thought she was 'going to slip' and that it was 'like grabbing a mountain'. Suppose i should be flattered.

Men do it a lot too. I thought they'd be a bit warier about grabbing a stranger, but there you go mate.
  #158   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
In NYC there are weird people underground. I imagine any city with an underground is the same.

Once I was down there and some guy was drawing things (not pictures... or even doodles... just black lines) in a note book, which he would periodically use to cover his face. He mumbled to himself a lot too.

Weird...

P.S. Sorry for the hijack. My bad ...
I think they are called 'mole people.' I Learned that from an episode of Felicity. lol
  #159   Add to mmfan2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:01 AM

mmfan2 is on a distinguished road
Embarrassing for me my mother noticed my bulk last night and when on and on about it... why can't it ever be the hot stranger walking down the street?
  #160   Add to achilles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:50 AM
The Inspiration.

Wow. I think I just had my most direct wake-up call as to how big I've gotten lately.

I was walking home from the gym today - yes, funny how these things always happen when I walk home from the gym - when a car passed me as I was waiting to cross a street. Y'know I wasn't even wearing one of my tight shirts or anything, just walking along minding my own business... But as the car turned the corner, a dude popped his head out of the passenger's window and yelled out at me "Great biceps dude, great biceps!"

I was too stunned to react at first, and by the time I'd collected myself enough to shout out "...thanks!" they'd already driven out of earshot.

I always dreamed of the day I'd be big enough to get a reaction out of the average joe as I walked down the street. Now it's here? Pinch me, I must be still asleep!

--

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode