The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #161   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
Hi Achilles,

A few moments ago, I just went through your BB Blog and came across the latest pics you posted there. Dammit! - the closest thing I can describe when looking at them is 'I wanna munch / sink my teeth into' those amazingly large muscles!

And since you're doing cutting this April / May, you must be looking good too!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #162   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:38 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles View Post
I always dreamed of the day I'd be big enough to get a reaction out of the average joe as I walked down the street. Now it's here? Pinch me, I must be still asleep!
I don't think any of us could. Though none of us would mind trying.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #163   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
strongman2006

strongman2006 is on a distinguished road
Red face Getting Used To Being Called "big Man"

Hey guys,

This may be old hat for some of you but I'm finally realizing that people I know very well, and even strangers, keep calling me "Hey, BIG MAN" or "BIG GUY". In a way, it feels good being noted like that since I am over 300 lbs. and play (American) football but it's now a moniker I cannot avoid.

But what's fascinating is how our culture (most people, but not all) shows a great deal of respect to a huge physical presence whether it be a football player, powerlifter, BBer, etc. For instance, a couple of teenage guys were a little dumbfounded when I arrived at the bus station to head downtown. Before I knew it, they approached me very cautiously and said "Hi!" in which I responded in a friendly manner showing that I "don't bite".
They were basically chatting it up with me wondering how I got so HUGE! But, in the end before getting off the bus, they say "Hey, good meeting you, BIG GUY! See ya!"

It looks like I'll have to accept this because I'm NOT getting any smaller ... because I have a duty with my football team as a lineman. Oh well, enough of my lecturing. Feel free to comment on this...

5'6", 310 lbs., 54" ch, 21.5" a, 20" neck, 30" quads, 19.5" calves

"I'm NOT a person anymore ... I'm THE HULK!"
-- Prologue to "The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" video game
  #164   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
You are an inspiration for growth... especially for us shorter guys. Keep up the good work Big Guy.
  #165   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
Today I bumped in on a friend that I didn't see me in a year and she made a comment that I gained weight(I was pretty skinny) and grabbed my bicep. I actually put on some muscle mass but she didn't say it like that , maybe because she was with her husband.
  #166   Add to bigun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM

bigun is on a distinguished road
I actually had 2 encounters this week. While talking with a friend, I was gesturing with my hands. He stopped the conversation and exclaimed the words I've been waiting to hear for a long time,"Hey, someone's been working out!"

A few days later, I was sitting nearby as a friend described me to his friend that I had met just that day. They went into detail about how I was big, not fat but built, wide, and other flattering words.

I've never been known as being athletic. In fact, I have always been the non-sportsy one. To have others comment on my size is a dream come true. I can't wait till I get even bigger and even more people are commenting.
  #167   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
I went to a graduation open house for the son of a friend of mine and one of the kids (high school graduate) came up to me and squeezed my arm so I flexed and he said "now there's some beef". Nice to hear.
  #168   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:48 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
A great thread.....

To me, this has always been a great thread. It is great to read about all the experiences, and it is always a motivation when someone notices your muscle growth and compliments you!

It happened to me today on two occasions. Today was a muggy hot day, and being it is right on th edge of summertime we are already seeing 90+ degree weather. So, today I wore a tank top, which for me is not the norm as I tend to wear bulky t-shirts or sweatshirts and sweatpants (Hey, they are comfortable! ) So off I go to th supermarket. As I am walking down the aisle this guy is walking up the aisle on the other side. I look over and he is just grinning away... I grin back and politely say "how are you doing?". He then says "fine, but I'd be much better if I were built like you!" I just grin and say "thanks! It just takes a lot of work..and food, of course!" He chuckles and I say have a good day, and he gives me th thumbs up. At the checkout, the cashier checking out my groceries starts talking to me about her son and how he is doing a triathlon and how he buys all of thse different supplements, and then says "but he is not as big as you". So, it was an indirect comment, but still appreciated.

As she is talking to me I notice in th next aisle a guy in a tank top just staring.......and it is obvious that he is doing the "sizing up" look although I probably outweighed him by about 50-60 pounds. This goes on in the parking lot as well as he is just looking and looking, and I just leave thinking about how it is a perk when you do get that recognition and acknowledgement for the work that you do in the gym, and as for me I'm so looking forward to my workout tonight and for the next few months as I work to get bigger

Ron III---III

#169   Add to achilles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:04 AM
The Inspiration.

achilles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to achilles Send a message via MSN to achilles Send a message via Yahoo to achilles
Nice one big Ron! You continue to inspire me :-)

I'm seven and a bit weeks out from my first contest. Had some amazing stuff happen recently though that has made me re-examine my place in the world...

A fortnight ago, the owners of the business I work at went on holiday. The bosses returned on Friday, and gave me the weekend off. The following was related to me today about a conversation the owner had with a customer in my absence:

Man: Hey, you weren't here last week, were you? But your guy here did a good job whilst you were gone.
Owner: What guy?
Man: I don't know his name.
Owner: What did he look like?
Man: Well... he was big. He looked like he was a professional bodybuilder or something.

My boss immediately knew who he was referring to.

If the shorthand way of describing my appearance has changed to 'he looked like a pro bodybuilder', that's mission accomplished in my books! Because 20 months ago, I know the shorthand was... "Hmm.. tall guy. Real skinny'"

--
Training Since: September 15th 2006
Muscle-lover Since: Birth!
  #170   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Talking when people started to notice

well i've been on this endevour for 2 years now but not till i started the forums had anything really been strict or worth it i hadn't received a single comment but my managers mother at work constantly comes to see her darling son mentioned" Gustave your looking very well have you been dieting ?"

the first comment i received i wasn't quick to react but i thanked her and said "thanks i'm trying hard"

to witch my manager replyed "of course he is he runs and lift everyday he's the most dedicated guy i know"

at that point i really relived my manager was a human being.

another day my head boss stopped me caring 4 crates of supplies about 200 pounds that he noticed my uniform was very billowy not reviling like when we first ordered them.

last one about a fortnight ago i was walking past a barber shop i always got to pass to get from work to the gym and the head barber dino sits out frount every day and also buys cigarettes from my work.

he stops me and i take of my head phones he says "man you've made amazing progress you look and seem skinny over all , never lose face man keep it up .
as of right now i've lost 52 pounds and i feel it heres my pics http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10098
  #171   Add to zilcher's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:38 PM

zilcher is on a distinguished road
[COLOR=red]ACHILLES,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]YOU'RE WONDERING ABOUT ETIQUETTE WHEN SOMEONE COMPLIMENTS YOU AND GRABS YOUR MUSCLES.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]IT'S EASY BIGBOY. JUST SMILE, SAY THANKS, AND THEN FLEX THE MUSCLE THEY'RE GRABBING. WATCH THEIR EYES AS YOU DO IT AND YOU'LL SEE THEM GET REAL WIDE AS THEY FEEL THE BIG MUSCLE HARDEN RIGHT IN THEIR HANDS. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]COUNT YOUR SUCCESS BY THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU DRIVE ADMIRING PEOPLE TO ECSTASY.[/COLOR]
  #172   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I totally agree. You flex. You let them give a squeeze and be glad you have built enough muscle that it drew their admiration. I had the request at a high school reunion. I'm not gonna stand on the table and take off my shirt, but a little biceps flex ain't gonna do no harm.

OK, guys. When did you get asked to flex and what did you do?
  #173   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
two little positive comments from different work situations...

1) at a recent company picnic we had a quiz where part of it was naming TV shows from years ago...I was really pleased to get "The Flumps" correct which was a short run kids TV animation which I watched as a small child. Anyhow I was really pleased with this and telling everyone in my team that it was my favourite show when I was small...anyhow two of them pipe up to me "But I just don't believe you were ever small!"...at that point a collegue grabs my arm...with a comment "jesus how big is that..." as she puts two hands round my arm...at this point I am blushing and trying to get out of what I see as an awkward situation....

2) situation 2 later that eve we retired from the park to the pub (bar). As background a month or so ago I had been challenged to arm wrestle yet another person at a work social. This always seems to happen and I feel duty bound to win...anyhow I did but at the time felt like I had tweaked my arm a bit (much to my annoyance as it messedup a couple of weeks workout..) anyhow fast forward to the pub....person that I had challenged said that he's had a sore arm ever since and wished he'd never challagned me.... He then turned around and tried to get others into another arm wrestling match with me again and they all cried off . they actually looked a bit scared....I've never had that effect on people...
  #174   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:03 AM
DaBigGuy1

Well, it has been a while since I perused this thread and have had a few situations when people have commented on my muscles. I never really get ego-bound over it as much as it just motivates me to go harder and heavier in the gym to keep growing!

Today I was at the gas station (UGH!), when I decided to go inside to pay instead of paying at the pump. I had been doing work in my garage so I had on a dirty and torn tank top and shorts on as it was almost 100 degrees outside. So, as I am walking across the lot, these two young and rather attractive girls in a jeep just scream out "OHHH BABY, YOU ARE HOT!!!" At first I was totally taken aback, so I look at them and they were just waving and smiling away and I could tell that they were just being nice and it was kinda cool! After all, being that I am 49 I am probably old enough to be their father, I just smiled at them and gave them a thumbs up... they pulled off screaming "BYE, LOVE YOU!" Needless to say there was a crowd of people at this 24 pump station at the time, so everyone heard it and was observing the whole exchange.

So, I go into the gas station and people are just glancing and looking me over. And then as I am leaving the gas station I hold the door open for this younger guy in a tank top, shorts and a shaved head....he could have passed for my brother but he was much smaller. As he comes in, he stops and says "I look like Mini-Me compared to you, man...."

In any case, it sure made this old muscle head feel great. Now if I can just put on a little more size.....

Ron III---III
  #175   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:56 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeefy View Post
two little positive comments from different work situations...

1) at a recent company picnic we had a quiz where part of it was naming TV shows from years ago...I was really pleased to get "The Flumps" correct which was a short run kids TV animation which I watched as a small child. Anyhow I was really pleased with this and telling everyone in my team that it was my favourite show when I was small...anyhow two of them pipe up to me "But I just don't believe you were ever small!"...at that point a collegue grabs my arm...with a comment "jesus how big is that..." as she puts two hands round my arm...at this point I am blushing and trying to get out of what I see as an awkward situation....
Oh now there was a TV classic! I agree with the statement though.

#176   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Thumbs up when people she to notice

well today makes a day that will live with me forever after a long day at the gym work then the gym again, but on my way out i stopped as i usually do to say later to the secretary and my favorite employee a tall slender black woman who trains people new to the gym, her voice stopped me, " hey you've done alot of work Gustave" i thank her .

she pulls me over to the computer to scan my card again , on the screen is a fat round face version of me, my entrance picture when i started the gym.

"you look so different" she said.

she asked for me to turn from side to side, "your very cute baby, you'll make a girl very happy"

i felt my face go red witch i've never done, except when my manager asked me if i was a virgin.

i concluded the conversation and thus left the store but i was grinning ear to ear.
  #177   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I had a fun one Friday. I was in Long Beach for a conference and took the afternoon off to visit my friend who works for Delta at LAX. We went up to Venice and walked one end to the other, including checking out the weight pen at the south end. Nothing too spectacular there (some nice bods but no competitors); on the way back we stopped by again and the guy who seems to manage the place said to us, "hey, wanna come in?" (you have to be a member or be invited, apparently.)

Considering the amount of really hot young guys walking up and down the beach that day and considering the fact that I'm 50 and Tom's 48, that was a REALLY nice and unexpected compliment!

(And, no, we didn't go in, mostly because we'd been walking around for a couple of hours and by that point you could have fried bacon on my sizzling, sunburned shoulders!)

xoxo

Richard
  #178   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Now, I'm not sure what I should be making of this, but for the past three days at the gym there has been a guy who has been staring at me a lot.

I think he's thirty-ish, so he's about 10 years older than I am, and he was wearing a shirt of the Kosovo independence, so I assume he's from there, or Albania. He has a solid, thick frame, a face with prominent features and his hair shaved to a millimetre. He draws my attention by saying hello even when I'm not looking whenever he comes into the gym, and he smiles and nods every time we walk by each other. Okay, he is friendly to other people, too, but he doesn't stare at them, and he doesn't seem to pay quite as much attention to them.

If he'd been any less friendly, I would have confused his staring for wanting to strangle me at a moment I'd not pay attention, because he wouldn't look out of the place in a gang if he'd lose the smile and the innocent eyes.

It's a pity he probably hasn't been going to the gym for too long, because he's not all that much stronger than I am, it seems, and he's not all that muscular either. But he definitely could have been! He has the frame and the genetics for it.

I still wonder why he's staring at me. He's not all too shy at all about looking away whenever I notice and look over, and give him a smile. I kinda have the physique of a martial artist (now if only I were that flexible!), and you don't see too much of it when I wear clothes, which are never very tight. You can just see that I'm in shape. Maybe he likes my commitment or something...

I'll keep wondering. I best not tell him I'm studying Serbian/Croatian, 'cos I bet he'd stop saying hello, then.
  #179   Add to brawnybiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:37 PM

brawnybiguy
Send a message via AIM to brawnybiguy Send a message via Yahoo to brawnybiguy
Backhanded complement

I guess I always have trouble accepting a complement, I always doubt the sincerity of the person giving me the complement. But this time I was at a party with a friend, but I didn't know anyone else there. This nice looking guy hands me a bottle of beer. It had a twist off top, but I was having trouble getting the cap off. The guys says "Arms like that, and you can't even open your beer?". I was really jazzed, I KNEW he really meant it!
  #180   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:35 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
superman response....

The "Superman Response" would have been, "I don't really open beer very often," and then just smile and watch his reaction.
  #181   Add to brawnybiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM

brawnybiguy
People Like You

It?s funny once you start thinking about this topic the events that come to mind. I once went to a bodybuilding completion in LA with some ?non-lifting? friends. A friend of theirs was competing and they invited me to come along.

We were invited to join their friend at a coffee shop for food after the event. We came in a bit late, the waitress looked at me and said, ?most of the people like you have left, the rest are in the back?. I was taken aback and said ?People like me??, she just said ?you know? and walked off. My friends just laughed at my confusion, and said ?have you looked at yourself lately??.

I just couldn?t believe that anyone would associate me with those incredible athletes who competed that day, much less that I was ?like them?. I would have enjoyed it more if I?d just accepted it, but to be honest I spent days trying to figure out what the waitress ?really? meant.
  #182   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawnybiguy View Post
It?s funny once you start thinking about this topic the events that come to mind. I once went to a bodybuilding completion in LA with some ?non-lifting? friends. A friend of theirs was competing and they invited me to come along.

We were invited to join their friend at a coffee shop for food after the event. We came in a bit late, the waitress looked at me and said, ?most of the people like you have left, the rest are in the back?. I was taken aback and said ?People like me??, she just said ?you know? and walked off. My friends just laughed at my confusion, and said ?have you looked at yourself lately??.

I just couldn?t believe that anyone would associate me with those incredible athletes who competed that day, much less that I was ?like them?. I would have enjoyed it more if I?d just accepted it, but to be honest I spent days trying to figure out what the waitress ?really? meant.
That's pretty cool. From what I read, it sounds like she meant "people like you, you muscle guys that consume all of the food here as you muscle guy EAT!". I know that the guys and gals that work at the "all you can eat" restaurants tend to do a double take when I walk up with plate in hand!

Ron III---III
  #183   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM

When I first came out / separated / all of that, I shared an apartment with another fairly newly out gay man, although in fact he was 40 and had been sexually active in some form or fashion for most of his adult life.

From a very early age he had figured out that he was different from everyone else and that he was different in a way that was *bad* (good ol' Catholic guilt, I guess; long after he'd come out to his parents his devout mother, a devout Catholic who just happened to be a Ph.D. university professor, too, prayed daily that "this burden would be lifted" from him.)

So...

Whenever anyone said anything nice about him, he automatically assumed that they were putting him down because (a) it couldn't possibly be true and (b) consequently they had to be yanking his chain and (c)...

Well, the list was endless. Naturally, he was very good looking and VAIN about the fact that he was, wanting to be reassured that it was OK for him to put "very good looking" in his personal ad.

You're not surprised, are you, that his most intimate emotional relationship(s) were with his doggies?

I hope no one here has it as bad as he did (and presumably still does...)

Richard
  #184   Add to brawnybiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM

brawnybiguy
LOL, well I hope I'm not *that* bad. For me I think it's that we get this image of ourselves when we are teenagers, and despite all the hard work and reasonable success, it's hard to ever shake that image.

Steve
  #185   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
And siblings and parents seem to be rather unable to shake those images, too...
They still call you out on personality traits that you got rid of half a decade ago.

Anyway, a girl at uni told me she could see I'd joined a gym, and that my arms had grown over the summer. And she wasn't even a person I hung out with regularly... Glad to know that seriously hitting the gym over the summer made a difference. You tend to get lost in your progress, yourself, and you still see yourself as the skinny guy. I'll get there. Been at it for nearly a year now, and I can see better things in my future, haha
  #186   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
One of my friends was looking at my photos from the summer and when she saw me shirtless she was pretty amazed and said "oh you are strong" and repeated couple of times. Not a big deal for most of the people but pretty good feeling for me since I don't consider myself strong but I made some muscle gains in this year.
  #187   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
I've always had pretty large legs. Over the past year, I've been working on them more than ever with constant squats, deadlifts, and cycling. While my upper body looks like the typical part-time lifter, my thighs and calves are definitely way more muscular than the average guy on the street.

This past summer, I decided to ditch my usual long cargo shorts and picked up a more stylish pair of flat-front khaki "shorter shorts." They stopped three or four inches above the knee and I wore them constantly. I have to say, they made my legs look huge! I typically paired them with tennis shoes and no socks.

People's reactions were really interesting. Walking down the street, 90% of folks wouldn't care. But you could tell the real "leg people." Every now and then, a girl or guy would absolutely stare at my legs. I caught several compliments every week - including a random guy yelling out "you've got huge calves!"

I now know how it feels to be a woman who wears a really short skirt. The attention is pretty cool! Although I didn't get any wolf whistles.
  #188   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Great leg story. You don't hear too many people say they get compliments on their legs. But this summer, we were sitting around in shorts watching tv with our legs up on the coffee table when my friend notices that my quads were pretty distinguishable. "Holy cow. Your legs sure are muscular!" I flexed them and got an "Omigod!" If felt pretty good.
  #189   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
hey, hyooge, your legs sound great. i'm really interested in guys who choose to build or are gifted with a single over developed muscle group.

back when i was younger...much younger...mad magazine had a parody of bodybuilding that included "pictures" of the winners of titles like "best legs" or "best arms". of course they were picture of otherwise skinny guys with amazing muscular development of just the legs or arms. i found those pictures strangely hot. i still find the idea hot.

coincidentally, the illustrated story just posted to my website is about guys who choose to build up specific body parts.

wasn't there a thread...maybe i started it?...about just this topic?

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com
  #190   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:04 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
disproportionate body parts: legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseyedee View Post
coincidentally, the illustrated story just posted to my website is about guys who choose to build up specific body parts.

wasn't there a thread...maybe i started it?...about just this topic?

See "The Triplets of Belleville" -- it's a French full length animated movie about a cyclist who gets kidnapped and rescued by his determined mother. His thighs in the cartoon are HUUGGE!

Mdlftr
  #191   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
The recent posts on legs reminded me of an experience I had a few months ago. I was on a date, when after dinner was driving the guy back to his place. I was wearing tight blue jeans, and in what I think was a romantic gesture, he placed his hand on my leg while I was driving. But then he let out a "ooh" and a slight smile, as though he wasn't feeling what he expected to. He then gave a few squeezes, rubbed the whole length of my quad, and even tried tracing a fingertip along the definition. I made sure I caused my quad to flex more than it normally would while working the pedals of the car! As simple as it was, I think that's probably one of the most erotic moments I've had.
  #192   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:48 AM

You know how you can "pinch" the part of a person's leg just above the knee and it will, if you do it right, give a little jump?

Once I was driving to picnic (so I was wearing shorts, of course) with a friend and he tried that trick on me -- only that part of my leg was really too big for him to get a good grip. I flexed, of course, and his eyes got big and he let out an "ooh!" and, I'm quite certain, got a stiffy.

Sorta like I did when I was first working out with my trainer and he pointed out to me "yer shoulders are hyooooge!" :-)

The tiny moments we live for, eh?

xoxo

Richard

Last edited by arpeejay; October 16th, 2008 at 08:12 AM.
  #193   Add to Mestizo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM

Mestizo is on a distinguished road
I normally don't post on here. Actually, this is my first one. I've been lurking for a while now, but I had to share this recent experience.

I work in the music industry and I was out in Pittsburgh for a show where the headlining band is really good friends of mine. I'm a "concert diva" in that I don't like watching shows with the crowds, so I use my credentials to get backstage whenever I can. So, I was standing in the back of the venue, away from the main part of the crowd, waiting for one of the guys in the band to call me so I could hang out on their tour bus.

Anyway, this kid in his late teens caught my attention. I could tell he worked out, not huge, but he had good arm and chest development at least. Well, every time I turned around in his direction in all of my impatient pacing while I waited to hang with my rockstar friends, I noticed this kid was staring at me. Being that I am bigger than average, I respected that he took notice of my hard work in the gym. But, later on, I caught him trying to take pics of me with his cell phone. I don't think he knew that I caught him, but I did. Some people would be offended, but I was flattered to be honest.
  #194   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Do more deadlifts

Big in Japan (ha-ha)

I'm back with another short personal muscle tale. I don't want to monopolize things here, but I really love telling these stories, and it's the first time that I've had an open forum to do so! Just let me know when you want me to stop :-)

This one is from about 10 years ago, when I was in University and I studied abroad in Japan. The another post on "Muscle Around the World" got me thinking of it.

Let me start with some background. I started lifting in high school. I had no idea what I was doing, had a terrible diet, and made very little gains. I mostly hit the gym because I liked the macho feeling of it. When I went to school, I worked with a trainer for a few months, and she turned everything around for me. Over three years, I put on about 40lb of clean muscle naturally - just with good eating, lots of rest, heavy compound lifts, and the sky-high testosterone and GH levels that most 17-20 year-olds have. When I embarked on my trip I was 5'10" and about 210. I wasn't insanely lean, but lean enough to see the outline of a six pack.

As I grew and developed, I was a bit shy about my physique. I mostly wore the shapeless baggy jeans and shirts that a lot of college guys do. But as my departure date approached, the idea of going to a foreign country and being around a new crowd of people empowered me to lower my inhibitions I shopped around for a newly body-conscious wardrobe of skimpy tank tops, skin-tight tee shirts, and short athletic shorts and packed it for the trip. Somehow being the guy who's already muscular to new people was more comfortable then being the guy who grew into that size.

Anyway, the reactions to my physique were crazy! At school, I was merely one of the more-built-than-usual guys. In Japan, I was freaking enormous! I could literally tell "people noticing my muscle growth" stories all day. But this is one of my favorites:

In my Japanese business class, the desks were arranged in a half-circle around the teacher - meaning that the students on one side of the room could look directly at those on the other side. Most Japanese people would see me and do a double take, but there were two in the class who were real muscle-heads. From day one, they took a strong interest in me and stared at me with BIG eyes and full attention. I made it my mission to spice up our class experience a bit.

A girl named Yoko was clearly into upper bodies. I'd constantly catch her staring directly at my chest. My attire was mostly to blame. My favorite shirt was a cotton-spandex tank top that did an absolutely terrible job of covering my body. I naturally have very round and large pecs, and the straps were only thin strips that covered my nipples. Each pec would bulge out on either side and nearly fight to get out of the fabric. It was also low-cut and showed off the tops of them perfectly. And not to mention, my 17" arms were fully on display and often the object of her eyes.

The other student was a guy named Masa. He was one of the few gay Japanese students in the program and he was clearly a leg and foot man. Being Japan, you couldn't wear shoes inside. Most students wore these little plastic slippers that they kept near the door, but I always chose to go barefoot. I've always been very proud of my big quads and calves, and I've kept my legs shaved since I was a teenager. They're pretty eye-catching (if I do say so myself), and Masa spent more time staring at my legs and toes than he did listening to the teacher.

I have to admit, I absolutely loved the attention! It felt amazing that my muscles were so attractive to both a girl and a guy. I did all sorts of non-subtle things to be a tease. When I raised my hands, I'd flex my biceps. I'd stretch out my legs, point my toes, and tense up my quads and calves as hard as I could. I'd raise myself up in my seat to make my triceps flare out. I'd roll and bounce my pecs as slowly as I could. While it was crazy-hot outside, I exclusively wore small tanks and shorts to mid-thigh. And when class was over, I'd collect my things and strut out with as much bodybuilder swagger as I could muster.

Nowadays, I'm working to get back into that shape and I'm much less of an exhibitionist. Well, outside of telling these stories on an internet forum!

Last edited by hyooge; October 22nd, 2008 at 06:05 PM.
  #195   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyooge View Post
I'm back with another short personal muscle tale. I don't want to monopolize things here, but I really love telling these stories, and it's the first time that I've had an open forum to do so! Just let me know when you want me to stop :-)

This one is from about 10 years ago, when I was in University and I studied abroad in Japan. The another post on "Muscle Around the World" got me thinking of it.

Let me start with some background. I started lifting in high school. I had no idea what I was doing, had a terrible diet, and made very little gains. I mostly hit the gym because I liked the macho feeling of it. When I went to school, I worked with a trainer for a few months, and she turned everything around for me. Over three years, I put on about 40lb of clean muscle naturally - just with good eating, lots of rest, heavy compound lifts, and the sky-high testosterone and GH levels that most 17-20 year-olds have. When I embarked on my trip I was 5'10" and about 210. I wasn't insanely lean, but lean enough to see the outline of a six pack.

As I grew and developed, I was a bit shy about my physique. I mostly wor the shapeless baggy jeans and shirts that a lot of college guys do. But as my departure date approached, the idea of going to a foreign country and being around a new crowd of people empowered me to lower my inhibitions I shopped around for a newly body-conscious wardrobe of skimpy tank tops, skin-tight tee shirts, and short athletic shorts and packed it for the trip. Somehow being the guy who's already muscular to new people was more comfortable then being the guy who grew into that size.

Anyway, the reactions to my physique were crazy! At school, I was merely one of the more-built-than-usual guys. In Japan, I was freaking enormous! I could literally tell "people noticing my muscle growth" stories all day. But this is one of my favorites:

In my Japanese business class, the desks were arranged in a half-circle around the teacher - meaning that the students on one side of the room could look directly at those on the other side. Most Japanese people would see me and do a double take, but there were two in the class who were real muscle-heads. From day one, they took a strong interest in me and stared at me with BIG eyes and full attention. I made it my mission to spice up our class experience a bit.

A girl named Yoko was clearly into upper bodies. I'd constantly catch her staring directly at my chest. My attire was mostly to blame. My favorite shirt was a cotton-spandex tank top that did an absolutely terrible job of covering my body. I naturally have very round and large pecs, and the straps were only thin strips that covered my nipples. Each pec would bulge out on either side and nearly fight to get out of the fabric. It was also low-cut and showed off the tops of them perfectly. And not to mention, my 17" arms were fully on display and often the object of her eyes.

The other student was a guy named Masa. He was one of the few gay Japanese students in the program and he was clearly a leg and foot man. Being Japan, you couldn't wear shoes inside. Most students wore these little plastic slippers that they kept near the door, but I always chose to go barefoot. I've always been very proud of my big quads and calves, and I've kept my legs shaved since I was a teenager. They're pretty eye-catching (if I do say so myself), and Masa spent more time staring at my legs and toes than he did listening to the teacher.

I have to admit, I absolutely loved the attention! It felt amazing that my muscles were so attractive to both a girl and a guy. I did all sorts of non-subtle things to be a tease. When I raised my hands, I'd flex my biceps. I'd stretch out my legs, point my toes, and tense up my quads and calves as hard as I could. I'd raise myself up in my seat to make my triceps flare out. I'd roll and bounce my pecs as slowly as I could. While it was crazy-hot outside, I exclusively wore small tanks and shorts to mid-thigh. And when class was over, I'd collect my things and strut out with as much bodybuilder swagger as I could muster.

Nowadays, I'm working to get back into that shape and I'm much less of an exhibitionist. Well, outside of telling these stories on an internet forum!
All I can say is: GREAT! Keep talking of your experiences and stories. They are not only great to read, but motivational.

I have a very good friend that lived in Korea and the Philippines for many years, and as he is 6' 1" and has gotten as big as 240 plus pounds, he says that he was always getting looked at and felt on, and has even been propositioned at the gym and sauna.

There's just something about being big, and noticed!

Ron III---III
  #196   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
Ron, that sauna reference brought to mind a very happy memory when someone made no bones about noticing. So in a moment of rare personal disclosure, here goes...

DISCLAIMER #1: This is not a shout out to all the old pervs in steamrooms across the land to act on their impluses! I was a rare deal!

DISCLAIMER #2: I know this sounds like muscle fiction story section stuff, but it really happened.

Some years ago as part of my brand new bodybuilding lifestyle I began lap swimming at my local Y wearing size 42 speedos. (Yeah, I know, not a pretty sight but they dried fast.) Anyway, five months into a hardcore training regime I was down to size 32 speedos.

I managed to get to the Y early that night so a half hour before closing, between the pool and hitting the showers, I decided to treat myself to the sauna to unwind.

Well wouldn't you know it, it was a half hour before closing, I thought I had the sauna to myself and there was a nondescript fiftysomething guy in there already, wrapped in a towel and reading the paper. So here I am, drenched from the pool, clingy speedo and all, breathless and panting from sprinting for 45 minutes non-stop - in retrospect the very picture of bad retro porn. He looked up, did the kind of double take you'd expect from a character in a Warner Bros. cartoon, and just blurted out "Oh my god! You're ripped like a bodybuilder!"

I'll never forget how emotionally wracked I was by those few words.

- I was incredibly embarassed and cursed myself inwardly for not bringing a towel to cover up in.
- I became dizzy and lightheaded.
- I thought how cliche it was, being hit on by an "old perv" in a YMCA sauna.
- I got an instant softon.
- I had to fight from getting a hardon like I hadn't since I was a tween. (Only this time around big dick + small wet speedo = you get the picture.)
- Because I had a strong impulse to start flexing for him.
- I realized then and there I didn't want a bodybuilder to worship, I wanted to be worshipped.

But I opted instead to mutter a weak "thanks," climbed to the top opposite bench to put as much distance as I could between him and me and stretched out on my back, hands behind my head, pretending to ignore him for the couple of minutes I baked. Again, in retrospect, cue the bad porn music.

Anyway, to this day I wonder what would have happened had I been more uninhibited. I was so horny by the time I got home I couldn't believe it.

And before anyone asks for "pics, dammit, pics!" you can see some at my realjock profile, just click on this link: http://www.realjock.com/profile/?id=139961 And no, the old perv didn't take the pictures, my trainer did. And while my trainer never did manage to get his pro card, his other client did! (That trainer was good.)

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle

Last edited by Eager Muscle; October 23rd, 2008 at 08:06 AM.
  #197   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the link, EagerMuscle! Great pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #198   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Do more deadlifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Thanks for the link, EagerMuscle! Great pix!

xoxo

Richard
+1
You've got great shoulders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager Muscle View Post
I'll never forget how emotionally wracked I was by those few words.

- I was incredibly embarassed and cursed myself inwardly for not bringing a towel to cover up in.
- I became dizzy and lightheaded.
And I hear you on this. Given our affinity for muscle - on others and on ourselves - I think that we hang a lot of baggage on it. I used to always feel really uncomfortable with random comments, and I occasionally still do. This made me think of one funny situation which was the most awkward of all. Telling it now makes it seem a bit fake, but believe me - it's all true.

I took a trip to Disneyworld a few years back. I was about the size that I am now (not all that big) and wearing a tank top. I was loading my old-school camera with film when a young family walks by. A boy of about 10 years old is pointing at me and saying to his parents "look at his muscles." His mom said, "Yes honey, he's a bodybuilder. Hey, show us your muscles!"

Holy s***. I've never felt so embarrassed. I felt weirdly naked and on the spot. Immediately, I regretted wearing the tank. And I also thought it was a strange request. There were also sorts of polo-clad midwestern-style guys with arms the same size as mine. I sure as hell wasn't any Jay Cutler! I guess that my outfit was just more revealing. I just said "sorry" and walked away. But who knows, someone else in my place - who's not a member of a muscle chat forum - might have thought nothing of it and tossed out a big double-bicep pose and a goofy smile.

Last edited by hyooge; October 23rd, 2008 at 11:43 AM.
  #199   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
Thanks Richard! I always feel bad about you constantly being thwarted in your requests, so how could I not provide a link, lol?

And yes Hyooge, isn't that strange? Being uncomfortable in our skin when we're called out because we feel like posers (pun intended). I guess life's a journey where we hope the airline loses our baggage! (Oooh! Another quotable quote...mebbe.)

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle

Last edited by Eager Muscle; October 24th, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
  #200   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
So, Tuesday night I was a group of friends (most of them college freshmen) and one of them out of the blue asked me to flex. I flexed my right biceps and they all either whistled or said "whoa!".. then the guy that asked me said "well one thing is for sure, I'm never gonna pick a fight with you".. lol.. made my week.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options