The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #241   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Late but Great Grower

bbgonnabe is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spencer View Post
Tis an awesome exercise. really. The DB is free rolling - on the floor, or better yet, on a plyo step for a full range of motion - so it really hits a lot as you maintain balance doing the raise. Key is to HOLD ON to a smith or BB as you are learning how. I am to the point where all i need to do is rest my hands on top od something, not holding on.

Here's a link on how to do it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...nMuscle=Calves

5th exercise down on the page
I wouldn't want to use a dumbell where the filthy soles of someone's shoes had been on it!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #242   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2009, 03:52 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgonnabe View Post
I wouldn't want to use a dumbell where the filthy soles of someone's shoes had been on it!
You're kidding, right? Of all the horrible germs and diseases (think-staph infections) on almost all of the equipment and you're worried about a little dirt? LOL. That's funny. Reminds me of the many people I see at the gym who never wipe off the benches after they use them. The first thing I do when I get home from the gym EVERYTIME is to wash my hands thoroughly with soap.
  #243   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Late but Great Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl View Post
You're kidding, right? Of all the horrible germs and diseases (think-staph infections) on almost all of the equipment and you're worried about a little dirt? LOL. That's funny. Reminds me of the many people I see at the gym who never wipe off the benches after they use them. The first thing I do when I get home from the gym EVERYTIME is to wash my hands thoroughly with soap.
I was thinking more about the pee and germs from bathroom floors.
  #244   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I was thinking more about the pee and germs from bathroom floors.
Pee and sweat have the same chemical composition. Trust me, there are germs all over the gym and on every piece of equipment. And the grips of every dumbbell at any gym are covered with more germs than you can shake a stick at. Always wash your hands (or jump into a shower at home) when you get done at the gym.
  #245   Add to LuvsMusl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM

LuvsMusl is on a distinguished road
2002: a very good year

My best "when others notice" year was 2002. That year I trained for and competed in the IronManLA (now called the Excalibur.) As I got in better and better shape, strangers would chat me up about it. Usually straight guys, who would want to know if I was a bodybuilder, how much could I bench press, etc. One older lady outside my local supermarket asked me if I was a pro wrestler. She told me she used to hang out at Muscle Beach in the 50's and 60's with all the wrestlers and bodybuilders. She sighed and said, "California was fun then."

The contest was December 7. The last week of September I was going to the Folsom St. Fair in San Francisco, so I decided to use the weekend as a "dry run" for my contest prep. I did the carbo depleting, and was carbo loading by the time I was driving up to SF. I had an igloo in the car with high carb, no sodium snacks like baked potatoes, rice cakes and honey, etc. Made a sticky mess in the car.

My first night in San Francisco I decided to check out a sex club called Eros. As I was paying at the front desk the guy behind it said, "You were on Diamond St. today, weren't you?" I said I was, and he said "Yeah, I saw you parking your car. I was watching you from my apartment window." Semi-creepy, but the guy was attractive and it was flattering.

Inside the club I stripped down to a towel, which I eventually abandoned. The club is mostly open space, and after a while a guy started worshipping my body. We were near a huge mirror, and I was checking myself out as I flexed and posed and he worshipped me. In a few minutes this drew a big crowd, maybe 8 or 10 guys. I would make eye contact with a guy now and then and give the "ok" sign to come and join us. After a while there were 4 or 5 guys worshipping my muscles, sucking my cock, etc. Let's just say I was in flexhibitionist heaven. The carb loading, combined with all the flexing, was pumping me up like crazy, and I looked massive and felt incredible.

The next day I was having lunch on Castro St. with some friends, and a guy came up to me and said, "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but I just wanted to say I was in your presence last night." In my presence!
I laughed and said, "Did you enjoy the show?" and he gushed about it.

The Sunday of the Fair was my "contest day," so to speak, so I went to Gold's south of Market with a friend to pump up. The carb loading worked really well, and I got a huge pump that felt like my skin might tear. Even though it's a pretty fast crowd at that Gold's, I was getting checked out a lot. I asked a guy if I could work in with him on some machine, and he got a little intimidated and said, "Okay, but I'm sure I can't lift as much as you." Then, as we were working out, he had all kinds of questions about
bodybuilding.

The Fair was fun, as it always is. Afterwards, since my "contest diet" was over, I went out for a huge meal of dim sum with some friends. The carbs and sodium blew me up like a balloon, and on the drive home my muscles were so pumped and tight I could barely move my arms.

Late at night I stopped at a burger place that's just about half way between SF and L.A. There were two gorgeous, muscular high school boys, maybe 16, in the restaurant. Probably only 6 people in the whole place. As I was eating these two kids kept staring at me, checking me out. Eventually they left. But as they were heading out the door the cutest and most stacked of the two threw a look back at me. And then, as he was exiting, he held the door for a moment in strange way that exxageratedly flexed his tricep. It was funny, but also incredibly hot, and gave me fuel for some serious fantasizing on the rest of the drive home.
  #246   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Last night, a group of friends went to see Kathy Griffin at MSG. We had dinner first, and a friend's wife had to work at the last minute, so he invited someone I kinda knew casually. When he arrive, we were both wearing the same shirt (Ben Sherman faux tux shirt/polo) I teased him about it and he made some comment about my chest looking better in the shirt. After the show, and a few drinks, we were still talking about it and he said "You have the muscles to really show it off which is why I'm keeping my jacket on." He casually felt my arms and, after a few more drinks, started tracing the outlines of my pecs through the shirt.

Sometimes it is nice to be appreciated.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #247   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Late but Great Grower

Unhappy Corwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Last night, a group of friends went to see Kathy Griffin at MSG. We had dinner first, and a friend's wife had to work at the last minute, so he invited someone I kinda knew casually. When he arrive, we were both wearing the same shirt (Ben Sherman faux tux shirt/polo) I teased him about it and he made some comment about my chest looking better in the shirt. After the show, and a few drinks, we were still talking about it and he said "You have the muscles to really show it off which is why I'm keeping my jacket on." He casually felt my arms and, after a few more drinks, started tracing the outlines of my pecs through the shirt.

Sometimes it is nice to be appreciated.
After hearing all that, I was terribly disappointed to find that you had no flexing vids on your youtube account!
  #248   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
After hearing all that, I was terribly disappointed to find that you had no flexing vids on your youtube account!
I have multiple youtube accounts ;-) I think there is one on pghcyclist that is over a year old. My arms have grown since then and I just got 3 plates on BP.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #249   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Late but Great Grower

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I have multiple youtube accounts ;-) I think there is one on pghcyclist that is over a year old. My arms have grown since then and I just got 3 plates on BP.
Found "Some Flexing" on that account. Love the pecs and lats! Congrats on the bench!!! Hurry up and show off the new muscle, please!
  #250   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
I noticed one thing on how people see me and my body. Usually people have an opinion when they see me in clothes that I am more slim then buff person and everytime when I am shirtless on the beach or when they see my vacation pictures they are shocked with my muscles, and that is followed with questions like "oh my god, you lift weights, your muscles are great". And very often I am little bit embarresed(I don't know why) but in the same time it feels good.
Probably my muscles are not that obvious unless I am in tight short sleeves shirt or shirtless, so it always suprising for people.
  #251   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:49 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
A few nights ago I was sitting with a group of people and I over heard the guy to my left turn the guy on his left and say "look at the size of his forearms". Talking about me... haha
  #252   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Stats, HL? Time for an update, dammit! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #253   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
I noticed one thing on how people see me and my body. Usually people have an opinion when they see me in clothes that I am more slim then buff person and everytime when I am shirtless on the beach or when they see my vacation pictures they are shocked with my muscles, and that is followed with questions like "oh my god, you lift weights, your muscles are great". And very often I am little bit embarresed(I don't know why) but in the same time it feels good.
Probably my muscles are not that obvious unless I am in tight short sleeves shirt or shirtless, so it always suprising for people.
My roommate and good friend is lean, strong, muscular, and built. He's also 52 but the neighbor across the street thought he was a teenager! Anyway, he never wears tight shirts nor even owns a tank-top. Unlike me, he's not a showdog in anyway. He always wears baggy shirts and hides his development. Don't ask me why but I would be wearing nothing but tight shirts. Anyway, a friends sister stayed over my house one night and met him. The next morning, at breakfast, she and I were talking about working out and she said, "Why doesn't Ted workout?" I was floored that she couldn't ascertain that underneath all of those baggy shirts was a well built man. I had to tell him - he didn't mind. He just smiled. As for me, I have "little-man-syndrome" in that I feel that if I am not wearing clothes that show off my muscles, no one knows I work out and, invariably, I'll see another bodybuilder and want to shout "But I workout too!" or something pathetic like that.

So, who needs mental help? Me or my roommate? (I know the answer already!).
  #254   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
My sister's BF got a flat tire on he way to work last night and I went over to help them change it. It was a good thing to because I had to throw most of my strength and excessive weight at the wheels wrench to break the lugnuts loose. She told Mom today that they would have never gotten that wheel off if I hadn't come over to help and Mom told her that I'm very strong
  #255   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
Interesting Weekend

This is not exactly a "muscle notice" as such, but it still felt good. I was in the TSA line at the airport, taking the 6 am flight, so it was kind of empty. The TSA guys were still coming in. I travel very comfortably typically, in underarmor running pants and and polo. This one agent asks me, "Were you on pay per view this weekend?"

I asked, "What?"

He asked back, "Were you on the MMA pay-per-view?" I laughed and said no, I am just a weight lifter. He replied that I looked great.

------------------------

This weekend too I was kind of swamped by people wanting me to flex or feel my arms or something. It was so "bad" when I went out Saturday night that a friend of mine named Jerry (who has a solid, thinner body as a semi-pro v'ball player) comes up to me and says "Nobody things you are a piece a meat here" And laughed hard . . . then he grabbed my bi and got me to flex. At the end of the night, one of the club dancers - a PT manager at the local Bally's who gets swamped himself as you might imagine -- comes up to me and asks for my number.
  #256   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Muscle compliment

I was in the hospital recently for surgery (all fine). While I was there, I was constantly being monitored - blood tests, needle sticks for blood sugar, clotting, etc. etc. etc.

Each shift the nurses would come in and check me over, then take blood samples, blood pressure, check IVs, etc. At one point, they were giving me injections in alternate arms over several hours (monitoring glucose and insulin levels). They were all very focused and very serious, all looking to make sure I wasn't have some sort of bad reaction or something.

The best bit was when one of the particularly conscientious nurses came in to give me a shot in my triceps. She pushes up my sleeve, and bends over with the needle, then stops. "OH! Your arm is all swollen! Let me try the other one."

She looks over to my other arm. "Oh! It's all swollen too!"

Me: "Those are my tricep muscles" (flexing to illustrate the point)

Nurse: "Oh!" <giggles> "Oh! You're right!" {Gives me the shot, leaves the room, still giggling.}

Me: Big SMILE

#257   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
I was in the hospital recently for surgery (all fine). While I was there, I was constantly being monitored - blood tests, needle sticks for blood sugar, clotting, etc. etc. etc.

Each shift the nurses would come in and check me over, then take blood samples, blood pressure, check IVs, etc. At one point, they were giving me injections in alternate arms over several hours (monitoring glucose and insulin levels). They were all very focused and very serious, all looking to make sure I wasn't have some sort of bad reaction or something.

The best bit was when one of the particularly conscientious nurses came in to give me a shot in my triceps. She pushes up my sleeve, and bends over with the needle, then stops. "OH! Your arm is all swollen! Let me try the other one."

Nurse: "Oh!" <giggles> "Oh! You're right!" {Gives me the shot, leaves the room, still giggling.}

Dude! That is SCARY! Your nurse thought your arm was swollen? I'm glad she didn't give you anything to deflate your swollen triceps!!!
  #258   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:14 PM

hahahaha, was she part of the graveyard shift and half asleep?
  #259   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:25 AM

yesterday I met up with couple of friends of mine from elementary shcool that I didn't see for 5 years. I wore a bit tighter shirt especialy around my arms and they compliment my body and asked me what's going on with my buff body and that I got so much bigger since the last time they saw me and then of course they asked me to flex and touched my biceps. It was a good feeling especialy since I hadn't workout for the last 3 months(except playing tennis and basketball).
  #261   Add to Qpjp1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Qpjp1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Qpjp1
Quote:
It was a good feeling especialy since I hadn't workout for the last 3 months(except playing tennis and basketball).
Damn, that is what I have been doing wrong. Im gonna have to go to the court!

But good job !
  #262   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:57 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yesterday I met up with couple of friends of mine from elementary shcool that I didn't see for 5 years. I wore a bit tighter shirt especialy around my arms and they compliment my body and asked me what's going on with my buff body and that I got so much bigger since the last time they saw me and then of course they asked me to flex and touched my biceps. It was a good feeling especialy since I hadn't workout for the last 3 months(except playing tennis and basketball).
You look like THAT and you haven't worked out in 3 months? You've got an amazing body....bulges everywhere. Congratulations. Hope you're able to get more serious in the gym again. Would love to see you after 3 months of intense training.
  #263   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2009, 07:12 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
You look like THAT and you haven't worked out in 3 months? You've got an amazing body....bulges everywhere. Congratulations. Hope you're able to get more serious in the gym again. Would love to see you after 3 months of intense training.
I agree... I didn't workout for 3 months and I gained 30# of fat ... I quit smoking in Nov, had hernia surgery in Dec, have a torn tendon in my shoulder... one thing after another... ballooned up to 270# ugh! Back to the gym now and doing more cardio and can only do legs and arms until my doc gives me the okay with my shoulder.
  #264   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Usually when I stop working out I loose weight very quickly (since I am prety skinny), but in these past months I was playing sports a lot and ate a lot(but I wasn't going in the gym), so somehow I managed to keep the weight up, but not as much as I would like to.
  #265   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
Flexing on the street

Things finally warmed up over here, so I worked out today in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. As I left the gym, I ran into a friend who I haven't seen in a while. He remarked that I was looking really built these days and I thanked him. I then flashed a full double biceps in the middle of a crowded street. After being really pumped from a chest/back workout - it felt great!

When I was younger and started lifting, getting comments on my physique used to freak me out a little bit. I liked it, but was also sort of embarrassed about it. But recently, I've learned to really enjoy the compliments. Seriously, I'll flex my muscles on demand for anyone. And if they want to squeeze them, then that's even better!
  #266   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
UPS guy

UPS guy just delivered a package to my office. As I signed for it he said: "That's how big I want my arms to get. I guess I've got a long way to go yet."
He was a good looking kid, more of a basketball build but still hot. Felt great! I'm wearing a black "Marines" t-shirt, so I guess I was showing it off more than usual.

-BigLittleTim
  #267   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
UPS guy just delivered a package to my office. As I signed for it he said: "That's how big I want my arms to get. I guess I've got a long way to go yet."
He was a good looking kid, more of a basketball build but still hot. Felt great! I'm wearing a black "Marines" t-shirt, so I guess I was showing it off more than usual.

-BigLittleTim
And just HOW much do you weigh today? Inquiring eyeballs want to know!

xoxo

Richard
  #268   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

-BigLittleTim
Oddly, and this is not meant to take away from your moment of glory, but black clothes are "slimming" around the waist and, if your arms are big and bulging out out of the sleeves, they are going to be impressive. So, piggish me wears black as often as I can get away with it! LOL.
  #269   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
another day, another t-shirt

Weighing in at 285 pounds this morning.

It happened again today! While eating my lunch in the food court today a guy comes over and asks: "So, you must own the company, huh?"

I was bowled over by this non-sequitur until he pointed to my t-shirt (again!) and I realized I'm wearing a "Gentle Giant" moving company t-shirt. He said I looked like a gentle giant myself, so I must own the company.

Now what do you say to that? I smiled and sounded like quite a dopey giant indeed, murmuring self-deprecating demures. Lah.

-BigLittleTim

p.s. This shirt is maroon.
  #270   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:14 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
"I was bowled over by this non-sequitur until he pointed to my t-shirt (again!) and I realized I'm wearing a "Gentle Giant" moving company t-shirt. He said I looked like a gentle giant myself, so I must own the company."

285 pounds of hard muscle crammed in a maroon t-shirt? WOOF!! Tim, this is definitely what makes you one of the sexiest guys in this forum, with no disrespect to the other muscle beasts that I've met in here, lol.
  #271   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM

That is quite the compliment there, congrats!
  #272   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:37 PM

This is kinda neat, last weekend I was talking to a couple I know and they both thought I'd lost a bunch of weight since I'd seen them last fall, then tonight a rather cute and very nice little blond gal at the gym told me that I looked like I'd lost a bunch of weight since she joined late last year while I was on the leg press machine (with 24 plates on it again and she was concerned that I might hurt myself with that much weight too ) and was impressed with how much fat I've lost. What's really suprising to them though is when I tell them I'm now 10 lbs heavier than 4-6 months ago and have actually gained 20+lbs since joining a couple years ago!
  #273   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
I'm sitting in Starbucks and this very nice looking woman walks by in front of the window. She stops, doubles back and she gives me an arm bicep flex right outside in public and she screams to me "NICE!"

Damn I love being BIG!!!

D
  #274   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
I was at the doctor's office Sunday -- scratched my left eye. I am there in whatever I could find with my eyes in agony -- wifebeater and shorts. Anyway, the nurse does the standard workup on me and then asks . . . "Are you a bodybuilder??" I replied that I do workout a lot, yes. "Well, I was wondering if I can get the blood pressure cuff to fit over your arm." And she giggles.

Well, they take me back to the room to wait on the doc. As soon as they close the door, the whole female staff starts talking, and loud enough for me to hear. Saying things like, he has some real muscles, picking in the male staff, asking them to flex and saying. "Nah, not good enough."

Well, the doc comes in -- a rail thin skinny guy -- and first thing he says is, "You know, you have 3 of my nurses all worked up."

It may have been a little picking at my expense, but hell -- ALL of them noticed me and my size, so I am happy.
  #275   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:48 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
I agree... I didn't workout for 3 months and I gained 30# of fat ... I quit smoking in Nov, had hernia surgery in Dec, have a torn tendon in my shoulder... one thing after another... ballooned up to 270# ugh! Back to the gym now and doing more cardio and can only do legs and arms until my doc gives me the okay with my shoulder.
Sounds like a good excuse to beef up those quads. Maybe even make them unusually big and thick. Then when you eventually get back to training upper body, most of the tough work will be done
  #276   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I was at the doctor's office Sunday -- scratched my left eye. I am there in whatever I could find with my eyes in agony -- wifebeater and shorts. Anyway, the nurse does the standard workup on me and then asks . . . "Are you a bodybuilder??" I replied that I do workout a lot, yes. "Well, I was wondering if I can get the blood pressure cuff to fit over your arm." And she giggles.

Well, they take me back to the room to wait on the doc. As soon as they close the door, the whole female staff starts talking, and loud enough for me to hear. Saying things like, he has some real muscles, picking in the male staff, asking them to flex and saying. "Nah, not good enough."

Well, the doc comes in -- a rail thin skinny guy -- and first thing he says is, "You know, you have 3 of my nurses all worked up."

It may have been a little picking at my expense, but hell -- ALL of them noticed me and my size, so I am happy.
There's no such thing as bad publicity! Good on you!
  #277   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

First thing, I hope that your eye is okay, B.Spencer

Secondly, Way to go!

It's great when you get that validation when people do notice! I know for me it really gets me stoked for my workouts and just imagine more muscle size!

Again, way to go!

D
  #278   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Great stories guys!
  #279   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Maybe do a string on "observant nurses"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post

b.spencer:

==========================================
Oh nursie, what you do for my blood pressure ---- and ego!!
  #280   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Had one of those moments today...

Today, while in an electronics store looking for a particular item, I asked a salesperson (male, early twenties, slim build) on the floor to point me in the right direction and he said to follow him. As we were walking through the store, he turns to me and says, "are you a bodybuilder or ?....", and I told him that "I do not compete, but I do bodybuild, yes.." And he said "you are really SWOLE man, I wish I could put on size like you." I just said "thanks" and "all it takes is a lot of heavy training, eating and rest. I talked with him for a moment as he seemed sincere in wanting to build up....and from what I could see he could really fill out if he stays the course.

I always like getting the acknowledgement and never take it for granted.

It will make for a GREAT workout tonight!

Ron III---III

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; May 8th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options