The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #281   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6 View Post
Sounds like a good excuse to beef up those quads. Maybe even make them unusually big and thick. Then when you eventually get back to training upper body, most of the tough work will be done
That's what I am doing Ottomun6
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #282   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Today, while in an electronics store looking for a particular item, I asked a salesperson (male, early twenties, slim build) on the floor to point me in the right direction and he said to follow him. As we were walking through the store, he turns to me and says, "are you a bodybuilder or ?....", and I told him that "I do not compete, but I do bodybuild, yes.." And he said "you are really SWOLE man, I wish I could put on size like you." I just said "thanks" and "all it takes is a lot of heavy training, eating and rest. I talked with him for a moment as he seemed sincere in wanting to build up....and from what I could see he could really fill out if he stays the course.

I always like getting the acknowledgement and never take it for granted.

It will make for a GREAT workout tonight!

Ron III---III
Must be NICE!!! I'm jealous!
  #283   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
That's what I am doing Ottomun6
Cool, We want to hear about your jeans getting too tight
  #284   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Quote:

I always like getting the acknowledgement and never take it for granted.

It will make for a GREAT workout tonight!

Ron III---III
I so agree. My work so far has granted me this guy's admiration. If I workout hard tonight and continue on my course, just think what a buff guy I will be. Compliments are great motivators. Is this a great pastime or what??
  #285   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
This week: A new product manager joined a team I work with. One of the first things he said to me was, "So you're a bodybuilder." It wasn't so much a question as an observation. "Have you ever competed?" was the question he asked. (The answer is no, BTW.)

Last week: My training partner and I introduced ourselves to some regulars at the Gold's where we started lifting a month or so ago. There were two guys who work out together with a third, but the third was missing last week. These guys are *big.* One of them is definitely the thickest man in the gym (at least when I've been there). He said to me, "You were in here a while ago, weren't you?" I think he might have seen me there when I was checking out the gym about a year ago the first time I was thinking about joining. He went on: "I remember you because you're one of the only guys around my size." Now this was a huge compliment and ego boost, but the truth is I'm nowhere near his size. The dude is huge. (Okay, right now I'm close to his weight but only because my bodyfat has gotten too high recently. So he's got more lean body mass and is about an inch and a half shorter than me.) The other guy was taller and also huge--not as thick but still bigger than me and stronger.

And just to satisfy Richard, you can see their pix here:

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~Muscle+Titans

The two I chatted with that night are H1 and H2.

I'm *very* happy at this Gold's. Lots of good inspiration and all the equipment I want. Here is another BB who I've seen there twice:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...&eventcode=488

Anyway, those are my recent two ego-boosting "when others notice" moments.
  #286   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post

And just to satisfy Richard, you can see their pix here:

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~Muscle+Titans

The two I chatted with that night are H1 and H2.
I've been fans of Eric and Rob (and the new Eric) for a long time. I'm pleased to have them on my "I Like" list (along with 2454 other profiles!) and happy to be on theirs (one of 3519!)

xoxo

Richard
  #287   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Back in Dec I had surgery to repair a hernia then about 6 weeks later I found out I had a tear in one of the tendons in my shoulder. I got depressed, quit lifting for almost 4 months (total) and gained nearly 30# of fat. Needless to say I feel like crap about it. I'm back to working out and looking better, but the weight is hovering around 260# at 6'2". I was in the gym last Friday and this guy I've never talked to before comes up to me and introduces himself. We make small talk and I tell him my story and how I want to get down to 225#. He says "you don't look fat dude. You look like a guy that no one would want to f**k with". haha.. this guy is probably 22, maybe 6' and 160#, nice build on him. Made my day.
  #288   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
Back in Dec I had surgery to repair a hernia then about 6 weeks later I found out I had a tear in one of the tendons in my shoulder. I got depressed, quit lifting for almost 4 months (total) and gained nearly 30# of fat. Needless to say I feel like crap about it. I'm back to working out and looking better, but the weight is hovering around 260# at 6'2". I was in the gym last Friday and this guy I've never talked to before comes up to me and introduces himself. We make small talk and I tell him my story and how I want to get down to 225#. He says "you don't look fat dude. You look like a guy that no one would want to f**k with". haha.. this guy is probably 22, maybe 6' and 160#, nice build on him. Made my day.
Hoosierlifter, at 6'2" and 260#, I'm SURE you look like "a guy no one would want to f**k with!"

Point being, there may be some fat, but most of it's muscle!

And it's obviously IMPRESSIVE!!

Good luck with replacing some of the 30# with more muscle!

Mdlftr

P.S. My story: I'm 6'3", 210 to 215# (in the last six months -- on a really good day) and I'm being referred to as "a big guy"! First few times I looked around to see who they were talking about! So, 6'2" at 260#....IMMENSE!
  #289   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM

<-- jealous of Hoosierlifter's immensity!

But we all knew that, didn't we?

:-)

xoxo

Richard

who hopes to be immense some day (but doesn't expect it to occur unless the BIG Fairy comes to visit...)
  #290   Add to SWMassMan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Big...Bigger...BIGGEST!!!

SWMassMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
who hopes to be immense some day (but doesn't expect it to occur unless the BIG Fairy comes to visit...)
Ummm....I'll be in Buffalo on Thursday night to catch a flight early Friday morning.
  #291   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
<-- jealous of Hoosierlifter's immensity!

But we all knew that, didn't we?

xoxo

Richard

I really like being a big dude, but I want to be a big dude with definition.. haha
  #292   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
There's a juice bar close to my house. They make a fruit smoothie with two scoops of protein powder that I drink every other day. A bunch of young guys run the place.

My physique hasn't changed all that much in the past few months, but my clothing has gotten a lot briefer due to the warm weather. Rather than sweaters and such, I've been wearing a lot of slim polos and "shorter" shorts.
Today I got my usual drink and the guys commented that I "really need it" because I "look like the hulk" these days. It was an awesome ego boost! I credited their drinks for my recent progress and flashed a double bicep for everyone.

Man, I used to be really embarrassed about that, but I'll seriously do a bicep pose these days for any reason at all. It's a little crazy to spend the time building muscles and freak out when someone notices them. That's the nice thing about getting older and more confident with yourself.

Last edited by hyooge; May 20th, 2009 at 10:59 PM.
  #293   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyooge View Post
"It's a little crazy to spend the time building muscles and freak out when someone notices them. That's the nice thing about getting older and more confident with yourself."
I couldn't agree more!

Ron III---III
  #294   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I couldn't agree more!

Ron III---III
I have to second that agreement---getting attention is one of the positive aspects of getting big.
  #295   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
Today I was hanging out with a friend that I didn't see since the last september and she said that I was getting bigger every year and that I must lift weights a lot since my arms and shoulder are especially big (even though I don't think my arms are big at all, similar conversation like that happend few times this month, probably cause the weather is warm and I wore t-shirts for the first time this year). Everytime I hear something like that I feel very embaressed and try talk about something else, but deep inside I feel good when somebody notice my muscles cause I think of myself as a skinny little dude. I don't know why I am like that!
  #296   Add to arcm_3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:09 PM
andy lover

arcm_3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to arcm_3
i've gotten many comments about my increase in size. i love them, but i get a little embarrassed to talk about it. i just don't want to sound self absorbed. but it's awesome when people do say things though!
  #297   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I finally started actually lifting weights in an attempt to put on some size a month or 6 weeks ago--I'm only 163lbs--but I'm already noticing results...and apparently so are others! I went out to dinner with my boyfriend's dad and brother, and they both noted that I looked stronger and that my shoulders looked broader than last time they saw me. =D

It's one thing to see yourself in a mirror and say, yeah, I think i'm growing, but it's another thing to hear someone else validate that thought. It's quite motivational.
  #298   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcm_3 View Post
i've gotten many comments about my increase in size. i love them, but i get a little embarrassed to talk about it. i just don't want to sound self absorbed. but it's awesome when people do say things though!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've recently put on 30 pounds of mostly muscle in a relatively short amount of time and I've been getting comments from a lot of people. It's a great feeling, but you don't want to go on talking about it because they usually just have a passing interest.
  #299   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
Haircut

I went for a haircut today. I always put this off, so my last visit was around November. Back then, I surely went in a sweater and jeans. But today being light and summer-ish, I wore my tank top and shorts.

It's a Japanese salon and my stylist is a very sweet girl named Junko. I sat down in the chair and she was staring at me with crazy eyes. The first thing she says is "wow, what did you do to your muscles!" I told her that I've been eating my eggs and hitting the weights. I flexed my arms for her and told her that she could squeeze my biceps. She declined, but laughed like crazy. It was pretty cool for my muscles to have the momentary attention of everyone working there.

I have to say, Japanese people are some of the best with "noticing your muscle growth." They find it insanely curious (though not necessairly attractive) and often call you out on it. Wear something tight and you're in for an ego boost!
  #300   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:26 PM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
Actually, I got the funniest remark the other day. A young girl came up to me at work and said, "Are you secretly jacked?" I guess because I always wear shirts and ties, but the weight I've put on recently is beginning to show through.

I just thought how she phrased it was comical.
  #301   Add to growingbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Growing Wolverine

growingbigger is on a distinguished road
I have to say I do enjoy the attention. My last incident of someone noticing me was a couple of days ago. We had an outside IT guy in to help with our computers, and my boss and I were having a discussion with him about the power fluctuations we had been having. Suddenly right in the middle of the discussion, the IT guy blurts out, "Holy cow, your arms are HUGE!" I had been standing with my arms folded which kind of makes them look even bigger I guess. He said, "You probably work out at least 3 times a week I bet." I replied that I did. Then he tried to go back to the topic he had been speaking about, and he had completely lost his train of thought. The sight of my arms had jolted him enough that he forgot what he was talking about, lol.
  #302   Add to alpha47's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2009, 04:42 PM

alpha47 is on a distinguished road
ok well i know this sounds cheesy but i swear its not really me, i was out the other night with some mates, one of who i haven't seen in about two weeks, it was his leaving doo night so evey one was kinda drunk, and he was all proud about how he lost 2lbs of fat and was doing this piss take bicep flex. (he isn't trying to build a muscle body hes just training) so as he and one or two others are doing their piss take flex show, i pull my sleave up and flex my arm, and say "Dont you need something like this?" and they all were like "WOW" my mate was even said "Where the hell that come from!"

made me feel real gd as i dont really wear tight clothes or anything like that, so no-one really notices that i do have quite a bit of muscle on my frame! lol im not going to start as thats the first time i've flexed my arms in public in 5 years of on-off trainning but having people go Wow at me was a brilliant feeling
  #303   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha47 View Post
ok well i know this sounds cheesy but i swear its not really me, i was out the other night with some mates, one of who i haven't seen in about two weeks, it was his leaving doo night so evey one was kinda drunk, and he was all proud about how he lost 2lbs of fat and was doing this piss take bicep flex. (he isn't trying to build a muscle body hes just training) so as he and one or two others are doing their piss take flex show, i pull my sleave up and flex my arm, and say "Dont you need something like this?" and they all were like "WOW" my mate was even said "Where the hell that come from!"

made me feel real gd as i dont really wear tight clothes or anything like that, so no-one really notices that i do have quite a bit of muscle on my frame! lol im not going to start as thats the first time i've flexed my arms in public in 5 years of on-off trainning but having people go Wow at me was a brilliant feeling
Height, weight, and "pix, dammit, pix!"

xoxo

Richard
  #304   Add to alpha47's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM

lol im not much, i kinda rugby build ( i did play) but notthing special, wish i looked like some of the guys from the six nations lol

im 6 foot and 15stone
  #305   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
lol im not much, i kinda rugby build ( i did play) but notthing special, wish i looked like some of the guys from the six nations lol

im 6 foot and 15stone
Quite nice! 6 ft (183 cm) and 210 lbs. (95 kg) is pretty big! No wonder they were impressed! :-)

All the best & xoxo...

Richard
  #306   Add to alpha47's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM

lol cool is that what weight i am? lol im in the UK and we dont use lb over here, so its cool to know that thats the weight i am makes me feel even better about myself now!

i'll take a pic of my bicep that they saw tomorrow and post it up for you

J
  #307   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
lol cool is that what weight i am? lol im in the UK and we dont use lb over here, so its cool to know that thats the weight i am makes me feel even better about myself now!

J
That's what you are, yes!

xoxo

Richard

<-- looking forward to that bicep pic!
  #308   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:35 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyalots View Post
Actually, I got the funniest remark the other day. A young girl came up to me at work and said, "Are you secretly jacked?" I guess because I always wear shirts and ties, but the weight I've put on recently is beginning to show through.

I just thought how she phrased it was comical.
Hehe, that is pretty funny, never heard it put like that before.
  #309   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:40 AM

Jethro is on a distinguished road
Last weekend I was at a street fair and stopped to look at a stall with old time memorabilia. I noticed an old Health & Strength Magazine propped up. There was a solidly built older guy running the stall who looked at me and said, in what seemed to me a too-loud voice, "You're looking really great. Working out hard aren't you?" I just nodded my head, a little embarrassed at this attention in the crowd. He persisted: "You really do look great. Do you compete?" I mumbled something like "No, I just love to work out," and was about to walk on. He wouldn't give up. "Jeez, you really should compete, you know. Look at the size of you. The way you're built. You could beat some of those guys up there today. I competed in Mr. America way back when and I know what I'm talking about." He then gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder and grabbed my right bicep. "Jeez, you really should get up there and compete." I said I'd think about it and walked on.

I must say it felt great to get that validation. As I walked on through the crowd I actually felt like I had a pump and was bigger and more muscular than ever. It seemed like people were looking at me differently. That feeling lasted all afternoon. Amazing what a little attention can do.
  #310   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
He wouldn't give up. "Jeez, you really should compete, you know. Look at the size of you. The way you're built. You could beat some of those guys up there today. I competed in Mr. America way back when and I know what I'm talking about." He then gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder and grabbed my right bicep. "Jeez, you really should get up there and compete." I said I'd think about it and walked on.
I'm not giving up either:

"Pix, dammit, pix!"

Now get cracking with the camera, Mr. 18 1/2-inch Biceps!

All the best & xoxo...

Richard
  #311   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
You're Very Cool

Quote:

J
6' and 210 pounds is very cool! Especially when it's mostly muscle. What does 15 stone mean?
  #312   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM

Stone = British unit of measure = 14 lbs. = ca. 6.5 kg

Why anyone would measure people's weight in stones is beyond me.

Richard
  #313   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Volkswagen Curls?

I had a fun little encounter on vacation last week:

I was staying at a hotel that had a good gym for a change -- a good selection of machines and free weights, no fee for guests, and open 24 hours. I went in late one night for a workout. There was only one other guy there, a mid-sized guy who rode a stationary bike most of the time I was there. We gave each other the friendly nod and "how's it going" greeting, but didn't talk other than that.

It was arm day for me, and at one point I was doing some fairly heavy dumbbell curls. Nothing all that impressive, I didn't think, just 60-pounders, but pretty heavy. I was vaguely aware the other guy was watching me, but didn't pay him much attention. Later, while I was doing triceps exercises on a machine, he swung by the dumbbell rack and checked out the weights, but didn't really do anything with them.

Well, the next day, I ran into him in the lobby. We recognized each other and said "hi." Then he burst into a huge grin, strode up to me, and announced to everyone within earshot (which included my friends and family that I was visiting), with a tone of awe in his voice, "Better watch out. This guy curls Volkswagens for a living!" Then he reached up with both hands and gave my upper arm a quick squeeze before continuing on his way out the door.

I was sort of embarrassed, but at the same time kind of puffed up to know that, in one man's mind at least, I was a guy who curled volkswagens. LOL.
  #314   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:06 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Stone = British unit of measure = 14 lbs. = ca. 6.5 kg

Why anyone would measure people's weight in stones is beyond me.

Richard

Your American is showing! As an American that once lived in New Zealand, most English peaking people think of people's weight in stone. It's how people are trained to think of their weight in. The funny bit is that New Zealand is an all metrics country except for your weight in stone.
  #315   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:44 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
muscles on vacation

Last week I was on vacation in Florida. Boy was it hot. My family got to the hotel first and I went to the pool bar to wait for my friend and his family. It was too hot for my short sleeved outer shirt so I sat there in my sleeveless white cotton undershirt. (The bartender was way younger and also sleeveless but without much muscle to speak of.)

My friend shows up and we have a few drinks. At dinner, he announces to his family, "You should see the muscle on Jim. His arms are huge. Jim, show everyone your arms!" Of course, my short sleeve shirt was back on by then, but I fill it out. Several people felt my biceps and I moved up the shirt sleeve and flexed tris. Like it has been said several times in this thread, when others notice its a mixture of being embarrassed and being proud.
  #316   Add to IronTemplar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:20 AM
Proud Heathen

IronTemplar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to IronTemplar
Talking Still awkward, but getting a bit easier..

Just this past weekend I was at a little pride party and I saw a friend who hadn't seen me in over a year. First response from him, "My god, if you get any bigger, you'll take me down.. And I can't think of a nicer way to go.." He's 6'1-2" and maybe 260ish. He's a bit heavy, but I've never minded it. I'm 5'11", 200lbs, pretty well toned. Anyhow, for once I was a bit chipper and said thanks, I train hard, etc. and we then caught up a bit. It was fine.

Later, another friend who knows that I'm thinking of competing next year walked by, we chatted and caught up. He's always been very curious about my training and a little touchy-feely, but it's been mostly innocent. Of course, later, I said goodbye and he was a little drunk. I turned to see if I was missing anyone before I hit the door and he started massaging my back. No biggie, I'm a whore for a good massage. He did that for a few secs and I said thanks and then he moved in for the back embrace/goodbye. Then he felt up my pecs. Now, I can be evil as much as the next guy so I flexed my chest and he quietly moaned into my back. Chuckling, I gave him a quick kiss and went home.

Some background: I've been happily partnered for 13 years. Over the past couple years I've moved from 155lbs to a porky 215. I had a rough bout of strep throat which knocked me out of training for the past month. I'm back up to 200 and have the whispers of abs again along with good enough muscle definition.
  #317   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
An incident that happened Wednesday that I just have to post. It was so funny and cute, LOL.

I have been doing two-a-day workouts over the summer while I have the time, and the body seems to be responding great. Wednesday I was working back and doing deadlifts and had a great pump going. Well, at my gym -- like most of the larger ones around the country -- there is a summer fit camp program. There are lots of young kids everywhere during working hours. That was when I happened to be there.

I was in the locker room finishing up changing after my shower, when a big group of boys -- between 6 to 8 years old -- comes through to go to the pool to swim. As the group goes by, these two boys see me standing there changing and stop. They just stare for a minute, and start to argue between themselves. I could tell they wanted to ask me something, but I thought I'd let them get up the courage, if they wanted too. It took about 30 seconds . . .

"Ahmmm . . . Do you wrestle in the WWE?" one of them asks me. I look at him and smile, and told him thanks for the complement, but no I did not. But, that when I was there age i watched it with my grandpa all the time. "Well, your muscles are big enough to make a great wrestler." I had to catch myself to laughing out loud. He was very sincere. I thanked him again, and talked for a minute or so about wrestling. They acted like I would have if I had been their age with a real WWE wrestler that I idolized. The camp counselor came and got them and asked me if they had been a bother. I told him no, they were great kids. As they left I told them to start working out when they got old enough and they'd make those wrestlers and me look tiny. They got really excited when I said that, and you could see that image playing in their heads.

I have been noticed by a lot of people since I started, but that one, from those kids, means the world to me. It is a little girl about their age watching me eat in a restaurant not quite 3 years ago who got me to start working out and losing weight. Keep at it everyone.
  #318   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM

Great story, Brad! I'm sure you made their summer! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #319   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:46 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Thumbs up Noticed again...

One very well-proportioned dude, after holding open a door for me on exiting the local gym, then followed me to a local convenience store counter; had a very full schedule that day, so neither one of us spoke to each other; but this is clearly more than just a passing glance; next time, I will; he and I are both regular gym-rats on a Sunday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
Earlier, there was a thread on "When others notice your muscle growth ..."

I am interested in hearing more of your stories.

How humble should we be? 1) A lady in line at the grocery store was staring at my arms one day when I wore a muscle shirt and I mean staring. It was embarrassing. 2) I was standing in a doorway at my parents' house when my sister tried to pass and bumped into me. She looked so suprised and squeezed my pecs saying, "Omigod, your muscles are so hard!" 3) Over and over again, old friends look at me and say, "Have you been working out?"

Us formerly skinny guys find this rather strange. What do you say??
  #320   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Today at the gym, there was a young couple, clearly new to the iron game, training together near me. She kept stealing glances, watching me as I was going through some warmups sets towards 100-lb dumbbell bench presses.

I smiled to myself at this exchange, initiated by her (unhappy) boyfriend:
"I don't think it looks nice on a man to develop his chest so much".
"...OK, but still, some toning of the chest is good." (nice save!)

I didn't even stare back :-)

Last edited by inm; July 18th, 2009 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options