The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #321   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
I like this thread as it always is motivation al to hear the stories, and even more fun when someone does notice your hard-earned muscle!

Today is no exception.

I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond looking for towels and while I am glancing down the aisle I look down one aisle where there stood three people, one very attractive young woman and two very VERY slim guys about mid 20's looking over merchandise. They see me and automatically stop talking and they were trying to glance and not glance. I pretend not to notice them and I keep walking. A few feet away I decide to glance over my shoulder and the woman is peering around the corner at me and just smiling away! I just grin back and keep walking.

It always is nice to get those glances of encouragement, and being that I hit 50 a few weeks ago it feels REALLY great!

http://www.geocities.com/laptopshoppe/kkmp.jpg

Ron IIII----IIII
  #322   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Bed Bath and Beyond!

I think that's AWESOME! No one ever gives me glances.
  #323   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl View Post
I think that's AWESOME! No one ever gives me glances.
Dallasmsl, I am QUITE SURE you get your share of glances!

WOOF!

Ron III----III
  #324   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:43 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Why not a stern "Are you OK?" him as an opener, and then a quick explanation that it distracts you?

(oops, answering in the wrong place...)

Last edited by inm; July 20th, 2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: wrong thread :-(
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #325   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Late but Great Grower

bbgonnabe is on a distinguished road
Question To which post was this a response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post
Why not a stern "Are you OK?" him as an opener, and then a quick explanation that it distracts you?
To which post was this a response?
  #326   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post
???? What are you referring to dude?

D
  #327   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:42 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Sorry, I was answering on the wrong thread.
  #328   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:22 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
I'm still REALLY small and weak compared to a lot of the monsters on this board, but I feel like telling this story anyway because it pretty much made my day. At my job, we usually get a 1 hour break, and since I was the first to ask, I get to take mine during the time we take our young charges to the pool. Tuesday, though, circumstances prevented me from doing so, so I had to get changed with everyone and head out for the first time this summer.

About halfway through swim time, I'm standing and talking with some of the other counselors when one of the kids runs up to me, pokes in the chest, and practically shouts, "Mr. Wolf, you've got BIG pecs!" He then turns to one of the other counselors, pokes HIM in the chest, and says, "You have small pecs!" Everyone who heard it burst out laughing. I've only been working out for a little over a month (since my lay off), so it's probably a genetic thing, but it still made me ":3" secretly.
  #329   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Red face I think they're onto me................................

Almost a year ago my Mother had her knee replaced and in the months before that I pushed extra hard in the gym figuring that what muscle I put on could be put to good use moving her until she could get around on her own. Well, it worked and I ended up helping her move when she got in bed and couldn't scoot over from the edge on her own and my strength seemed to surprise her even though it wasn't enough to fully pick her up.

Then last fall Dad asked me to help rotate the tires on their Minivan (with motorized side and rear doors, curb weight is supposedly near 4400lbs ) and for some odd reason decided that only 3 floor jacks were necessary to rotate 4 tires All was going well until I go to remove the left rear tire, which had no jack under that corner, and that corner decided to drop so I shoved my right arm into the wheel well and leaned into the quarter panel to try and pick that corner back up enough to get that tire back on and keep the brake disk off the ground and mutter SH.., all in about 5 seconds time! Right after that he asked what happened and I explained while holding that corner of the van up and told him he needed to come over and put that tire back on because I couldn't do that and hold the van up (might be able to now....but no way in hell do I want to try it again!) As he stood up he mumbled something about me lifting weights and walked over to put the tire back on so I could let go of the van. We managed to do the full rotation than evening without me having to reprise my roll as a jack and this past Christmas I bought him a 4th floor jack

The one night this past spring my little sister calls to ask if I could come over to the gas station near where she and her BF live to help him change the tire on his car because he had a flat and the lug nuts were on unusually tight and neither one of them could break them loose. I drive over there and have to throw all of my strength and body weight at them to get the wheel off, then do the same to hopefully get them near the right torque spec once we got the spare on. The next day Mom told my Sister how I seemed to be really strong after she told Mom it was a good thing I showed up and helped get the tire off the car when the couldn't.

Now the other day Mom wakes me up early so I could help them take an elderly friend to the chiropractor because she coughed and sneezed at the same time and threw something out of alignment and she and Dad weren't too sure if this friend would even be able to walk out to the van from her house. She was able to walk, but needed a hand to hold to make it that far.

Then my Sister and her BF are having problems recently (alot to do with him it sounds like) and she's looking to move back home. Apparently Mom has come to the conclusion that is she does move home and he decides to make himself a problem for her/us (I also still live at home too) there shouldn't be much trouble dealing with him so long as I'm there since she thinks that it wouldn't take much for me to put him on his ass if he steps out of line. Probably doesn't help much that I look like I way at least twice what he does (and realistically, am more like nearly 3-times what he weighs!)
  #330   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2009, 03:15 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
WhoDunIt:

If there were ever a post that cries out, "Pix, dammit, pix!" it's this one. Also, "stats, dammit, stats!" Height and weight?

Thanks, I needed that!

xoxo

Richard
  #331   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:39 AM

Been kinda busy past couple days, I will tell you that I'm still pretty fat, but arms are now up to 21" or so and legs are well north of 30"!
  #332   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 12:01 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
Been kinda busy past couple days, I will tell you that I'm still pretty fat, but arms are now up to 21" or so and legs are well north of 30"!
To quote my friend Arpeejay, "Pix, Dammit, Pix!"

D
  #333   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:51 PM

At the gym today

I've been doing tons of cardio almost daily trying to shed the fat and I know that it is working but today, when I weighed myself, my weight actually went up from 167.5 to 170.5! I was kind of upset but I knew that it wasn't fat since my diet has been clean and my cardio has been long and hard.

Anyway, as I was by the dumbell rack, one of the other guys looked at me and asked, "Are you losing weight?" I said, "Actually, I've gained weight!" and he said, "It must be all muscle weight because your waist is looking smaller."

At that point, my head swelled and I fell over.
  #334   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:30 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Not so much of someone noticing I'm more muscular, as someone being impressed I was stronger.

Namely my father and he was impressed that I lifted and carried a very heavy table by myself and put it in the bed of his truck.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #335   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I've been doing tons of cardio almost daily trying to shed the fat and I know that it is working but today, when I weighed myself, my weight actually went up from 167.5 to 170.5! I was kind of upset but I knew that it wasn't fat since my diet has been clean and my cardio has been long and hard.

Anyway, as I was by the dumbell rack, one of the other guys looked at me and asked, "Are you losing weight?" I said, "Actually, I've gained weight!" and he said, "It must be all muscle weight because your waist is looking smaller."

At that point, my head swelled and I fell over.

That's been my main problem, I've gained more muscle weight that lost fat weight. If I'm thinking right, I've put on about 30lbs since I started lifting three years ago
  #336   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
That's been my main problem, I've gained more muscle weight that lost fat weight. If I'm thinking right, I've put on about 30lbs since I started lifting three years ago
Well, gaining more muscle weight is hardly what I would call a problem but I have a contest in September and I'm trying to get down to the LW division which is 162.5. UGH.

So, it looks like YOU are headed in the right direction - Not a bad thing at all.

Perhaps I just need to lose water weight? LOL
  #337   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM

Thanks dallasmsl, I'm trying just need to get rid of the excessive fat. Haven't had as much time to do so lately, but I was able to get some walking in the past couple days at work. It was maybe a little over 30min combined, but it's better than nothing.
  #338   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Recently I had a couple of events that really rocked me and have motivated me more to keep lifting and growing.

1. I was walking the mall the other day and went into a new mens clothing store that just opened to see what they had. This young sales clerk came up and greeted me. After we chatted for a minute, he said that they dont carry anything large enough for my muscles. He was so sorry but he loved my muscles, would love to go out sometime and gave me his number.

2. I am putting a new project team together at work and intervewing a number of internal people. During one of the sessions, one of the guys asked how much do I work out. We chatted for a few minutes and he said I was defiinately larger than people in the offices had been talking about.

3. Ran into a former client at a conference and she was surprised it was me. Said I looked awesome and asked if I did anyting else but workout.
  #339   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleboy82000 View Post
Recently I had a couple of events that really rocked me and have motivated me more to keep lifting and growing.
I have TWO things to say:

1. Pix, dammit, pix!

2. Stats, dammit, stats!

xoxo

Richard

wondering if these boys will EVER learn!
  #340   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Walking out of the gym.

I was walking out of the gym yesterday after a very good workout when this guy I had never seen before walked up, stopped me and said very positively, "I'm going to get built like you!"

I was dumbfounded by the remark.
  #341   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:31 PM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleboy82000 View Post

1. I was walking the mall the other day and went into a new mens clothing store that just opened to see what they had. This young sales clerk came up and greeted me. After we chatted for a minute, he said that they dont carry anything large enough for my muscles. He was so sorry but he loved my muscles, would love to go out sometime and gave me his number.

2. I am putting a new project team together at work and intervewing a number of internal people. During one of the sessions, one of the guys asked how much do I work out. We chatted for a few minutes and he said I was defiinately larger than people in the offices had been talking about.

3. Ran into a former client at a conference and she was surprised it was me. Said I looked awesome and asked if I did anyting else but workout.

As requested, here are my stats. I have more of a WWE body then a bodybuilder type.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 230lbs and increasing. Still have some ab defination and veins
Calves: 19"
Quads" 28.5"
Chest: 48"
Arms: 18"

I cut down for the summer and ended at around 221 pounds. Decided to start growing again around the end of July. Plan on trying to break the 250 pound barrier by November 1st
  #342   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
Impressive Stats Muscleboy

I know you can reach your goals!
  #343   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Great stats, MB8200. Time for some pix! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #344   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:10 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
I was walking out of the gym yesterday after a very good workout when this guy I had never seen before walked up, stopped me and said very positively, "I'm going to get built like you!"

I was dumbfounded by the remark.
Odd, I had that happen too!

I had just finished my workout and was doing some impromptu posing in front of the mirror in the locker room.......what the heck it was late so I figured why not, let's gauge my progress.

Then of course to younger guys walk in, and one of them looks at me and says to the other guy, "See? One day I want to be as big as this guy!". I just grinned and said "you probably will too!". He just smiled back as if I gave him all the encouragement in the world!

Think it was the same guy?

Ron III---III
  #345   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Odd, I had that happen too!

I had just finished my workout and was doing some impromptu posing in front of the mirror in the locker room.......what the heck it was late so I figured why not, let's gauge my progress.

Then of course to younger guys walk in, and one of them looks at me and says to the other guy, "See? One day I want to be as big as this guy!". I just grinned and said "you probably will too!". He just smiled back as if I gave him all the encouragement in the world!

Think it was the same guy?

Ron III---III
That is so AWESOME! It is a good feeling, isn't it?
  #346   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:37 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
muscleboy82000

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Great stats, MB8200. Time for some pix! :-)

xoxo

Richard
Agreed! 28.5" quads....you sound like a BEAST!
  #347   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:43 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Oh, yeh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtpiped View Post
Hi guys, first time poster here. I think I'm going to really like this board! I have to say, I love getting noticed too. There are times when people at work will say things, and times out in public when I see eyeballs lingering on my chest or arms. I friggin love it. THere was this one time at Banana Republic, when I was in line at the register. The woman working the register noticed my left peak when I was 3 or 4 people back in line, and I just completely soaked up seeing her eyes go to it whenever she could look away from the register or the customer she was dealing with. I had on one of those polo shirt type pullovers, and it was just snug enough to show off without being clearly arrogant.
I've gained 12-15 quality lbs since then, and what can I say - every time I see male or female eyeballs linger, and they almost always do it in a way that sort of tries to hide that they're looking - anyway every time I see that, it just convinces me all the more I am getting BIG and built. The one thing that hasn't happened yet is me getting asked to flex - either out in public or in the lockerroom. Man, first time THAT happens - I dunno, I am going to enjoy it
Really getting noticed is great. I must admit I still enjoy it as I continue to work out, nearing 64 (next month) but still honing and defining, esp. my upper arms, pecs as well as my thighs and glutes.
It is wonderful. Earlier this week, the guy who checked me in at a local Bally's remarked, "You are one in a thousand."
Yesterday, at the same Bally's, both a middle-aged guy and an older gentlemen clearly gave me a thorough second and third looks; also, there was a younger guy, in his twenties, one of their 'professional' trainers, who gave me a good once over.
  #348   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Well, today, I went over to a friend's house for an end-of-summer party. The first thing he said when he saw me as, "Wow, you're looking beefy." Definitely a welcome surprise. Later, as the party was ending, he mentioned it again, saying I definitely looked a lot different than from the last time he saw me a few months ago. I guess that's too be expected, though, considering that, later, when I stepped on the scale that was lying in his hallway I found out that I'd finally broken 190 pounds. Which means I made my weight goal for the summer, as well as my lift goals. Granted, a lot of it's fat, but I'm also a good bit stronger than then. Definitely made my day. And I definitely have to keep going now!
  #349   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Congrats, Wolfy, it's always a big turn on to pass one of those milestones!

Next question:

How tall are you? How old are you?

Just curious! Everything in context, y'know!

xoxo

Richard
  #350   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Congrats, Wolfy, it's always a big turn on to pass one of those milestones!

Next question:

How tall are you? How old are you?

Just curious! Everything in context, y'know!

xoxo

Richard
5'7ish, and 19. :3
  #351   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM

That's damn beefy, Wolfy!

John and James would be impressed! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #352   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Interesting experience on the opposite spectrum here--

I have recently lost over 40 pounds. There is a guy who refused to go out with me when I was heavy because he "couldn't stand to be seen in public" with me. Now, since seeing the new, 140 pound me (the same size as I was on my sixteenth birthday), he is now calling my phone at least twice a day wanting me to come to his house for a "massage and a booty call". Having been so hurt and pissed off by his rejection of the heavier me (I am the same person inside now as I was then), I am ignoring his calls; let him see how it feels to be rejected. Revenge is, after all, a dish best served cold.
  #353   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post

I have recently lost over 40 pounds. There is a guy who refused to go out with me when I was heavy because he "couldn't stand to be seen in public" with me. Now, since seeing the new, 140 pound me (the same size as I was on my sixteenth birthday), he is now calling my phone at least twice a day wanting me to come to his house for a "massage and a booty call". Having been so hurt and pissed off by his rejection of the heavier me (I am the same person inside now as I was then), I am ignoring his calls; let him see how it feels to be rejected. Revenge is, after all, a dish best served cold.
Excellent post, and congrats to you on your weight loss! You must be proud...and rightfully so!

Proof positive that "living well is the best revenge"!

Take care, Hulkout, and I"ll rip a shirt sleeve or two for you!

Ron III---III
  #354   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Excellent post, and congrats to you on your weight loss! You must be proud...and rightfully so!

Proof positive that "living well is the best revenge"!

Take care, Hulkout, and I"ll rip a shirt sleeve or two for you!

Ron III---III
Yup, what Ron said and as somebody who's been fat most of my life, you're doing the right thing! This guy sounds like a prick and will probably always be one at that!
  #355   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
"Yup, what Ron said and as somebody who's been fat most of my life, you're doing the right thing! This guy sounds like a prick and will probably always be one at that!"

Yes, the way I see it, I can always lose or gain weight, but he'll always be an asshole, which is why he gets no response to phone calls.
  #356   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM

Thumbs down

Good for your, keep leaving the @$$hole in the lurch!
  #357   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I got a compliment yesterday that I must be working out with heavy weights because I appear more bulky than before, and even appear taller for some reason.

also, I weighed myself in the gym, and I appear to have gained about 4lbs since last time. Must be all those Chest and Squat routines finally paying off.
  #358   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
I got a compliment yesterday that I must be working out with heavy weights because I appear more bulky than before, and even appear taller for some reason.

also, I weighed myself in the gym, and I appear to have gained about 4lbs since last time. Must be all those Chest and Squat routines finally paying off.
It's a good feeling, isn't it?!!
  #359   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:29 AM
DaBigGuy1

Keep doing what you're doing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post

Because it sounds like it's working...congratulations!

Ron III---III
  #360   Add to alanindy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM

alanindy is on a distinguished road
For most of my life I was the thin/wiry type and not athletic at all - never on any sports team and generally performed at or below average in gym class. I started working out in my early 30's after years of that all too common hesitation to ever set foot in a gym because I wasn't a bigger, buff guy already and feared looking silly. Now I'm in my 40's and wish I had been working out since my teens. I'm still not "big" but my stats are: 5'8", 160lbs, 32w, 43ch, 15arms, 22 quads, 17 calves.

I manage at a retail type of biz and and a majority of my staff are high school/college age people. A couple of years ago, a few guys were putting away a delivery of many cases weighing 35 to 50 pounds. A few of the high school guys were whining about how much work it was (all of them taller than I am) and I said casually, "oh, come on guys, they aren't THAT heavy - this should be easy for you." One of them that was about 5'10" and an average build completely stunned me by saying "well sure, for you they would be, you're the muscley one! We're not all a jock like you are."

I really didn't know how to respond to that! I did however, just HAVE to show off and I picked 2 of the heaviest ones up and said.... "oh geez - stop complaining, these aren't heavy at all...." and just carried them to a shelf and easily put them away. I didn't hear any more whining about heavy boxes after that.... lol

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options