The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Poll: What elements of muscle growth stories do you find hottest?
Poll Options
What elements of muscle growth stories do you find hottest?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:38 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
What part of a muscle growth story is the hottest?

What gets you off the most in a muscle growth story?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to myophile's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2003, 06:05 PM

myophile
Send a message via Yahoo to myophile
call me a simpleton, but, for me, it's all about the size and growth. the sex scenes honestly don't even play much of a part for me.
  #3   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:45 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

myophile,

I totally agree -- the growth comes first for me. I know some people out there get off on the other elements surrounding the growth theme, which is why I get disappointed sometimes when I read stories that pretty much glaze over the transformation element. It's almost like some of the cartoons we all saw when we were younger -- a character undergoes a startling transformation, but it's done off-camera or takes place in a poof of smoke. Give me swelling, thickening beef outgrowing some shirtsleeves man!
  #4   Add to built_spill's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2003, 06:55 AM

built_spill is on a distinguished road
One thing that kind of bothers me is when it turns into some violent humiliation fantasy.
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2003, 07:33 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Well, the whole "let's see him turn into an idiotic, mindless sex slave" angle never quite works for me either. Obviously it DOES work for other people, although I think that's partly because FanTCDude is incapable of writing something that isn't sproingworthily sexy! :-)

I guess I was enough of a nerd to get off on mild intimidation. The whole loom-over-him, pin-him-against-the-wall, pick-him-up-with-one-hand usually makes me go THUMPA THUMPA THUMPA.

But, ultimately, it's all about the muscle, the better described the better. As everyone knows, I have a definite preference for stats, but they have to be at least vaguely realistic. It's conceivable that someone someday might have an 80 inch chest but that person isn't going to have a 28 inch waist or 50 inch biceps, ya know what I mean?

I was very disappointed when LuvsMusl stopped posting. His stories, including Boy God, Neighbor Kid, How I Got Huge, and Simon's Affirmation all REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do it for me. I'd love to read more but it just hasn't shown up (although I'm still inclined to think that the Big Mac stories, which for some reason have never shown up here and which appeared under the name Buckeye70, are the work of the same author.)

Major kudos to Flexodus for maintaining this site. It's a tremendous source of pleasure.

xoxo

Richard
  #6   Add to msclrough's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2003, 08:03 AM

msclrough is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to msclrough Send a message via Yahoo to msclrough
Well, I had to vote for power and dominance. I find the use of size to intimidate very stimulating... not that I would do that in real life (well only if you want me to). I tend to look at these fantasy stories as permission to explore fantasies further than what would be reasonable/legal/ethical in real life. Both in the physical size aspect and the man to man interactions.

But I will agree that I prefer the description of size and non-sexual actions as being critical to a good story. It is very rare that the sex scenes introduce something original. It's the stuff around the sex that makes a story good.
  #7   Add to Nerin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 6th, 2003, 01:29 PM

Nerin
Send a message via AIM to Nerin Send a message via Yahoo to Nerin
Poll

I find it funny that Revenge has the same number of votes as the sex hehe... Anyone else? :P
  #8   Add to muscle_d_2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2003, 08:06 AM

muscle_d_2000
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_d_2000
Give me size man...button popping, seam ripping muscle growth...I want to be able to see those pecs inflating, biceps ripping sleeves, veins moving like snakes...I want to feel the growth, the hardness and I want to hear the groaning, straining of fabric, shreding of clothes...These are the things that make my heart rate soar...these are the things that a good author (to me)spends a lot of time describing.
  #9   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2003, 11:28 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

I'm in total agreement with muscle_d... give me growth and swelling mass! Woof!
  #10   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2003, 06:52 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Thumbs up

Although it's been a while since I posted a new story, I always try to go for some good growth elements. I deplore violence, and sex isn't that big a deal with me either.

RadRx
  #11   Add to musclpkg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2003, 10:15 AM

musclpkg
My favorite parts usually involve not the muscle growth itself (though this is hot too) but the transformation of attitude from regular guy into total, overpowering, sexually unstoppable stud. At first uncertain unwilling, then gathering speed and momentum until all that matters is the muscle and its accompanying sex need. The stories of FanTCDude are rife with this stuff -- his stories get me off the most on this board. Anyone else?
  #12   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2003, 02:20 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
While I am a total muscle growth/transformation afficianado, I do like what musclpkg had to say. In my growth stories (posted under Massiveboy), like "Growing Guy", "You Want a Body Like This?", and "Baby Brother", I really enjoy developing the growth from shock/disgust into lust/power-trip.
  #13   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2003, 03:24 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
No one writes better than FanTCDude but a several of his themes leave me cold. This is only to be expected and not a criticism, just a commentary. In particular what does NOT work for me:

-- The general attitude of embarrassment / discomfort over the prospect of manifesting hypermasculine traits. I suppose this isn't all that uncommon among early adolescent males but I think the reverse is just as common, i.e., the "gee, I'll really be a MAN when I have muscles and fur, won't that be fucking cool!"

-- The "made gay against his will" theme. I *like* being in the minority. I'd be rather bored if we could make straight men gay, just as I'm appalled that straight people continue to think they can make us straight.

-- The "this formula will reduce this cute young man into a mindless -- REALLY mindless -- hulking sex slave" scenario. The best sex I've ever had has been with smart people, no matter what they looked like. The worst sex I've had has been with people who have no imagination, no verbal skills, and, well, to be blunt, not a heckuva lot upstairs. A lifesize muscle doll might be fun to look at but would you really want to have to wipe its nose and change its diapers?

OK, enough for now. Turnabout, of course, is fair play. My own stories don't even work for ME, most of the time, except when I'm writing them. I don't really expect 'em to work for anyone else.

Best regards...

arpeejay = rpj = Richard Jasper
  #14   Add to built_spill's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2003, 06:27 AM

built_spill is on a distinguished road
"-- The "this formula will reduce this cute young man into a mindless -- REALLY mindless -- hulking sex slave" scenario. The best sex I've ever had has been with smart people, no matter what they looked like.

Exactly... most of the time, when I'm RP-ing with someone, I want to end up with the same intelligence. If that were to happen to me, I'd want to be aware of the change or what I could do with my new body. Much more of a turn-on.
  #15   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2003, 03:05 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Growth and strength

Quote:
Originally posted by myophile
call me a simpleton, but, for me, it's all about the size and growth. the sex scenes honestly don't even play much of a part for me.
I have to totally agree with myophile! I think the growth scenes are awesome and much more fun to read than the sex scenes. I'm tempted to write a story myself, so your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Keep up the great work, guys!
  #16   Add to FanTCdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2003, 07:33 AM

FanTCdude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FanTCdude
Wink

It must be obvious what aspects get me off the most. Those would be the growth itself, primarily, with the physical sensations that accompny it, of an extremely erotic nature. But, along with the growth would be the change in attitude, the inside-the-head reaction to what's occurring. That would be the reason so many of my characters begin as either unwilling or unsuspecting participants, offering a more dramatic change of thought on the idea of becoming a massive muscle beast. I also deplore violence, although a few stories have, at the request of some readers, delved into the "forced" aspect (Pleasure Boy series the prime example).

It may sound self-serving, but I agree with Richard's take on the drooling, stupid muscleboy. I have explored that concept, also at the request of several readers, because it does become a challenge to write something that is outside my own range of fantasy material. I would much prefer my own muscle guy to be fun, bright, witty, well-read, and even spritual. I also like the growin'-dude to reach proportions that might push the limits of today's top pros (who, in reality, push the limits of yesterday's pros--and so it goes). I will take on the challenge of writing something by request outside my own personal fantasy range, but would not, for example, delve into a snuff story or anything that is truly morally repugnant. I find myself nervous exploring the growth and rapid maturing of young guys, anything touching on pedophilia, which I do not advocate in any way, or incest, which has appeared more than once between father and son or brother and brother. No one, by the way, voiced any objections to that, one of society's favorite taboos.

Also, I would hate to see all the straight guys turn gay. It is, however, a favorite mind-change and will undoubtedly appear from time to time.

I highly respect RPJ's opinions, and, in fact, agree with most of them. He and I have discussed those very things. And I thank him for his exceedingly kind remarks about my writing in general. After so many forays into this particular, very narrow genre, one finds the challenge of a new twist, new angle to be daunting, and some attemps lead down alleys best forgone (ah, but doesn't life do that, too?). Still, thanks for this forum to keep the writing gears oiled, and to explore techniques, as in the short, all-dialogue experiments. You guys are great.

And for you guys, including our MOST ILLUSTRIOUS moderator, who prefer your muscle monsters smooth as babies' asses, you can take my hairy ones and shave them down once you get them home to you private quarters!
  #17   Add to lucas's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:08 PM

lucas
FanTCdude rules! He is the best writer... The stories always turn me on. Muscle and sex WOW!
  #18   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2003, 07:29 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Question Tabulation Error

Has anyone else noticed that the vote counter only shows half the actual total of the column above it?

It just struck me as odd that 9 votes was 10%, and that there were only 46 votes. The percentages shown, however, are correct.

RadRx
  #19   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2003, 10:43 AM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
Well, I'll agree with RPJ, FanTCDude, muscle_D_2000 and others, but with a bit of a twist.

Like many of you, it is ALL about growth for me. Now this includes the flexin', roarin', button-poppin', seam-bustin' growth that often crops up. I think that's VERY hot.

But I also like the kind of growth that we find in stories like Leo on a Dark Night -- slow, strange and developing over time. The kinds of details that emerge with that type of growth -- slowly noticing new changes like a shirt fitting differently, the seat of your jeans getting tight as your glutes get bigger -- are reminiscient of the kind of experiences I have had as I've grown, which I find very sexy. I can identify with them a little more than blowing up 150# in 10 minutes...

Similarly, I like a lot of RPJ's work like Lil' Dude and The Freak because it's about growth taking place over time... I love reading about the stats and weights as they grow and change, and I love the slow, small psychological shifts that take place as the guys realize that they are really GROWING. I'm not a super-fast grower like that in my own gym-life, but I have met a few guys with remarkable genetics who just get so strong so fast... and it's a HUGE turnon. <G>

All this is not to say that I don't get off on the instantaneous growth of the other stories, and I love the work of writers like FanTCDude and others who often specialize in that kind of transformation. I just wanted to make a case for the nuance of the slower-paced growth stories.... The little carefully-observed details are often what blow my mind.

Thanks, and keep GROWING.

-- massingUP
  #20   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2003, 11:10 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Smile

I definately agree with massingUP. I love it when stories take time to linger on the details of slower muscle growth. This is sort of like the real-world, but I can read a story in minutes, not years. I think I like slower muscle-growth since it seems more realistic, and a story needs to seem plausable to get me going...
I need to start writing some stories of my own, but that takes a LOT of time, and I'm very self concious of my writing.
One thing is that although I don't typically like stories about morally wrong themes (incest, revenge, pedophilia, etc.) this is fiction for adults. I'd rather someone explored questionable themes here, than in real-life where some actual damage could happen.
  #21   Add to Huge_Fan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM

Huge_Fan
Send a message via Yahoo to Huge_Fan
I'll have to go with msclrough here. I love the descriptions of the muscle growth, and the afftected persons reactions as they explore their new body and power. But what I enjoy the most is what they do with the new body/power, be it revelling in their new size, showing off their strength, or being an object of worship for others.
  #22   Add to PlugNPlay76's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:56 AM

PlugNPlay76 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to PlugNPlay76 Send a message via Yahoo to PlugNPlay76 Send a message via Skype™ to PlugNPlay76
Well,

I do have to admit that the descriptions of size and strength do really get me off, so do some of the growth sequences, and sometimes the sex scenes, but, that's just what get's me off, and not what I really think makes a good story good. I like the interaction between friends, family, lover's and even a little mytery that's in some of the stories. One example is from one in the archives called "A Bull's Strength." it was sort of like combining the X Files with Romeo and Mercutio (Juliet just didn't seem appropriate), and a little bit of "A Beautiful Mind" thrown in.

Yes the descriptions of size and strength, growth sequenses, and some sex scenes are great, but I think the best parts of the story are what keep you reading and wanting to read more.

Another part I like is a story that is written soo well, it could very easily make a great movie, or even sound like it could happen in real life.

I think those are the best parts of a muscle growth story.
  #23   Add to Mandrake's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:52 AM

Mandrake
SEX...SEX...SEX...Muscle...SEX...Muscle...SEX...Mu scle-Sex!!...Sex-Muscles!!!!!

Yeah, muscle-sex!! Or better yet, sex-muscles!!!!

I must confess that, when first browsing the Evolution Forum, it was the stories about guys having sex, not the power-lifting that really piqued my curiosity. Sure, I like the exhilaration of working out and who doesn't salivate when gawking at hunky guys? But I had never made the mental link between body building and gay sex in quite this way.

So while horniness guided me to the suck 'n fuck scenes, I'm learning to appreciate the intertwining of the muscle growth and the sex that many of you write about so adroitly.

I'm especially fascinated by the concept that drinking a muscular guy?s cum or taking a wet load up the ass can produce explosive muscle growth. What a hot premise on which to build a story line!

Summinmg up, to keep me reading, a story has to include hot gay sex, the juicier and more graphic, the better. Muscle growth is frosting on the cake. And the stories in which sex causes explosive muscle growth are the ones that keep me cummin' back for more!

- Mandrake
  #24   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:05 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
I just love these polls

Hmm, well growth all the way here, sure I like the role switching and stuff, but only to a point.

Sex, nope, I just completely skip over those parts.
The others, varied opinions.
  #25   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Show me the muscle!

I also like the growth aspect most. But, like others here, I am finding - especially as I get *cough* older - that I like the slower growth. Not so slow as to be natural, but not the "5 foot shrimp to 50 foot giant in 5 minutes" kind of growth. In fact, radical increase in height used to do it for me but not so much now.

I don't need the sex scenes either - but I'm always "up" for good old fashioned fly popping genital enlargement!

#26   Add to ManOMan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM

ManOMan is on a distinguished road
something else....

In a sexual story involving two men, I look for dialogue in which they articulate their desires and what makes them horny AND for foreplay which includes cruising, innuendo, maybe a little heavy breathing as they imagine what the other is thinking, and FLIRTING without coming out and saying exactly what is on their minds. Then they touch, kiss, pant.........I think I need to go to the bathroom
  #27   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Just teh growth of muscles, "organs", and breasts if it's a m/f story instead of m/m.
  #28   Add to z95336's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM

z95336 is on a distinguished road
for me its overpowering and dominating someone who for me is a know stud... such as superman or hercules.... I know these two are really strong and when a story has someone stronger who wants to distroy or dominate a powerful superhero that really turns me on!!!!!
  #29   Add to leedsmusic's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM

leedsmusic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to leedsmusic
I like it all ;)

I like it all.
I voted for the description of the change as the most important and how happens as most important. I also like hair growth and werewolves here. any1 interested feel free to hit me up on yahoo
  #30   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Descriptions and role-reversal. The latter has to be done classy-like, though. Like, if the nerd just takes on the bully's persona, and vice versa, the author's failed in making things convincing... or good, really. :/ I really hate those kinds of stories. The nerd should have an amount of empathy for the person being bullied, so he should be able to get his revenge without turning into the monster himself.
  #31   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:43 AM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road
I also love role reversal when it's done well. I think the best story there has ever been on this site was Destiny Rewound. Also a lot of Xygurrat's work.

I am also heavily into body switch stories, as is evidenced by a lot of my work. I have to say though, that as much as I don't care for a lot of the dark stuff, some of it turns me on in spite of myself. Uneven Friends was such a great example of this, and the recent and better story Second Chances. Even Lloyd's stories (Tommy, Mike, etc) can get really cruel towards bullies but totally work.
  #32   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
its about description of huge muscles, and admiration. If a good romance is attached, all the better. "the G" is a fine example of such.
  #33   Add to boricua1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:16 AM

boricua1 is on a distinguished road
Simple... huge muscle mass... doubling in size and power. Not so much sex but the ecstacy of getting bigger, thicker, and massive. It gets me off thinking about such growth on my frame.
  #34   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Chaos7Theory

It's always the growth that should be a major emphasis... The more detail the better, although admittedly I'm not too good at describing it myself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options