The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Cat and Mouse

Note: This is a story set in the world I created when I wrote Flow, and has major spoilers. Hope you like it.

Cat and Mouse

I heard a car pull up to the house and bolted out of my bedroom. I nearly killed myself flying down the stairs, but it was all worth it when I saw my brother getting out of his beat-up Chevy.

“Tom!” I yelled, running out to meet him. I threw myself into his arms. “You’re here!”

He laughed, spun me around in a circle before setting me on the ground again. “How’s my favorite little brother doing?”

I didn’t mention that I was his only little brother, and that he was only two minutes older, at any rate. “I’m great now that you’re here! I can’t believe you’re spending your spring break with me.”

“Hey, don’t I come down every spring break?” He ruffled my hair. “Why would this be any different?”

“Well...” I hugged him tight. “It’s your Senior year.”

“It’s your Senior year too, Jerry.” His strong arms wrapped around me. “This is the only place I want to be.”

Laying my head on his thick chest, I closed my eyes and tried not to think about how good his body felt or what I’d swallowed a few hours earlier. I just tried to treasure this moment with my brother.

We were fraternal twins, but worlds apart. Tom lived with our parents four hours away. I had to live with our grandmother, so I could go to Kensington’s School for the Gifted and Talented. It wasn’t so bad, I guess. I was a superstar in my school, and Tom—star quarterback—was one in his. Still, I hated being away from him.

I... I loved him.

And it wasn’t brotherly love.

I don’t remember when I’d started feeling this way. I know that thoughts of sexual and romantic love don’t usually onset until puberty, but I’d swear on forever. I told myself years ago that it was okay to have a crush on him. Tom was, well, Tom. With his jet-black hair, his emerald eyes, his hard, muscular body... who wouldn’t have a crush on him?

It was just a fantasy. That’s what I told myself. An appreciation of his aesthetic beauty. Nothing more.

But it was. A lot more.

I thought I could get it out of my system by sleeping with other men, and so I ended up losing my virginity sooner than I feel comfortable admitting. I was cute in my own right—with a mop of brown hair and hazel eyes—and at a school for geniuses, I was a god.

No one could erase this yearning for Tom, though.

Not even the great Jake Robinson. Now he was a god. I’d never seen anyone that big, before or since, and he had the most interesting energy flowing out of his body. It set my synapses on fire and stimulated my body in ways I didn’t even know were physically possible. Tom took me to one of Jake’s sex parties a long time ago, and Jake well and truly rocked my world.

Then, afterward, I ended up sleeping in my brother’s arms.

It had been a protective embrace, nothing sexual about it. At least on his part. I, however, spent the night in bittersweet arousal.

That night with Jake got me thinking. Here was a man who can have anyone —anyone— through the sheer power of his body chemistry. Something like that could be replicated... couldn’t it?

Jake and I were friends, now. And before his skin became impermeable, he let me draw his blood. I’d told him it was because I wanted to study what I called his “Incubus Gene,” but I think he had an idea on what I really wanted to do. Jake knew what it was like to fall for your brother.

Although I seriously doubt he was ever stupid enough to do what I’d done to myself this morning.

Tom pulled back, smiled down at me. My heart skipped a beat. “So Gran really left us alone for the whole week?”

I nodded. “She decided we were old enough to take care of ourselves, and that she was overdue for a trip to Vegas with her friends.”

He laughed, let me go so he could pull his suitcase out of his car. “She leave us any last minute orders?”

My face scrunched a moment. “She said I was ‘to mind you.’”

Grinning, he looped his arm around my narrow shoulders as we walked toward the house. “I’m the boss, huh? I’m cool with that.”

I made a sound of frustration. “I don’t understand why she put you in charge! It’s not as if I’m irresponsible.”

He pulled me closer. “But you tend to get sucked into your own world. You forget to eat, forget to sleep.” He winked down at me. “You need someone to take care of you, and I’m strong enough to do that.”

A tremor of unease went through me, but I ignored it. There was no going back now.

God, I might die today.

No. The figures were accurate, I was sure of it.

Tom dropped his suitcase just inside the door. Out of habit, I bent over and tried to lift it. The bag moved a bit, but didn’t make it off the floor.

My brother clapped me on the shoulder. “Looks like you’re getting stronger.”

Was I? If so, that would mean things were happening faster than I would have hoped.

He went into the livingroom. “I should call Mom and Dad, let them know I got here alright.” He paused when he got to the chest against the wall. “Where’s the phone?”

“We lost it a couple days ago. We searched everywhere, but I think it’s really gone. Even the tracking function on the base can’t find it.” I pressed the speaker phone button on the base, dialed our parents’ number. “This is how we have to make calls until we get a new one.”

Shaking his head, he waited for someone to pick up on the other end. No one did, so he left a message on the answering machine, letting me say a quick hello before hitting the button and turning off the phone.

Tom stuck his hands in his pockets, looked around as he got reacquainted with Gran’s old farm house. Our nearest neighbor was two miles away—Gran had to drive me half an hour to school and back every day. “So, what do ya want to do?”

I started to blush, but somehow my mind was able to put together an innocent response. “F-Fishing?”

“Yeah, that sounds like fun.” He looked down at me, raised an eyebrow. “What’s with all the red in your face? You’re not getting sick on me, are ya?”

My eyes widened as I shook my head. “I think it was all that running I did to get to you just now.”

His face softened. “You miss me that much?”

“Yes,” I whispered.

One of his hands left his pocket, and he chucked me under the chin. “I missed you, too.”

I linked my arms behind my back to keep myself from flinging them around him again.

Tom straightened, headed for the kitchen. “Fishing’s gonna have to wait till tomorrow, okay? I’m starvin, and I don’t have enough patience to catch my dinner.”

I trailed after him like a lovesick puppy. “Gran and I went shopping this morning, so there’s plenty of food.”

He opened the fridge and whistled. “That’s a whole lotta hamburger.”

My nervousness spiked, but I put on my ‘excited little brother’ face. “I thought we could have a barbeque!”

He groaned. “It’ll take forever to get the grill hot.”

I dropped my ‘excited little brother’ face in favor of my ‘most adorable kid ever’ expression. “Please?”

He tried to frown, but I could see the smile tugging at his lips. “You don’t even like red meat. Who’s gonna eat all this?”

I rocked back and forth on my heels. It helped give authenticity to my adorableness. “I like the way you make them. And we could cook it all, and not have to worry about what we’re going to eat for the next few days. Especially if the fish don’t bite.”

Tom sighed, closed the refrigerator door. “Alright, let’s get started.”

Tom stared at me from across the picnic table in our backyard, his eyes wide as I grabbed another burger. “Jerry, that’s your third one. Where are you putting all of it?”

Ravenous, I took a huge bite before answering. “Mmmf.”

He picked up a pitcher of lemonade and refilled my glass.

I drained it, took a deep breath. “It’s so good!”

His eyebrows drew together—my brother wasn’t stupid. But I couldn’t very well tell him that my body was preparing for a metamorphosis that required massive amounts of protein. So I held up my glass. “More lemonade, please.”

And sugar. I needed sugar, which was something I hadn’t anticipated. Perhaps my body needed quick-burning fuel to ignite the change.

Tom poured me another glass, watched me gobble up my food. I paused a moment when I realized he hadn’t eaten anything for a while. “I thought you said you were hungry.”

“I was.” He grinned, leaned his elbow on the table and propped his chin against the heel of his hand. “Two burgers, fries, and a salad is enough for me, though.”

I swallowed, was caught by surprise by how hot he looked, just sitting there smiling at me. His hair seemed darker, his eyes more brilliant. His lips were full, inviting...

Taking a long, long drink of lemonade, I went back to the task of obtaining fuel. Around bites, I managed to ask Tom how his Senior year was going.

“It’s alright. Not as much fun as I thought it would be.”

I paused. “Why not?”

He shrugged. “Missing Jake, I guess. I’m not mad that he left for New York to move in with Charlie or anything, but it’s not as if anyone can replace him. Aside from Mom and Dad, there’s no one around that I love.”

I tried to ignore the spark of jealously that lit inside of me. I knew that he’d slept with Jake, but so had I. And Jake was my friend, too. “Have you talked to him lately?”

“Yeah, just before I left to come here. He and Charlie said hi.” He chuckled. “Jake’s been hit on by nearly everyone on the Juilliard campus already—both students and teachers. And he’s not even a student there.”

That was easy to believe. Jake was a force of nature. Right now, though, I was more interested in the sadness I saw in my brother. “Well, I’m here for you.”

His mouth crooked. “Have you decided which college is going to be lucky enough to have you yet?”

My gaze dropped to the table. “No. Have you?”

“Notre Dame, probably.”

I fell silent as I ate, not wanting to think about how we’d be living even greater distances apart in a few months. Tom didn’t try to break the silence, he just kept me company.

Seven hamburgers, five glasses of lemonade, steak fries, and a huge salad later, I burped into my hand and realized I couldn’t eat another bite.

“Feeling sick?” asked Tom, still watching me.

Surprisingly, no. My body had already absorbed a great deal of it, leaving me with the sensation of being pleasantly full. “Thanks for making dinner.”

“No problem.” He leaned forward, concern touching his face. “Did you eat at all today? I know I was supposed to be here before Gran left this morning—”

I forced a smile. “I’m not the absent-minded professor, you know. I’m eighteen, and I wouldn’t let myself starve.”

Tom’s gaze didn’t waiver, and I struggled not to squirm under it. Finally, he released a soft breath and stood. “Okay, I made dinner, which means you get to clean up.”

I gaped up at him. “That’s the rule?”

“It is when I’m in charge.”

I looked at the picnic table and grill. Tom had thought to use paper plates, but there was still a lot of work to do. And I wasn’t sure I could get it done before—

Tom chuckled, leaned over and ruffled my hair. “I’m just kiddin. We’ll do it together, like always.”

His hand in my hair felt different this time. My scalp tingled at his touch, and I wanted to grab his hand and slip it over my face, down my neck, my chest, my stomach, into my pants...

I snapped out of my daze. “Great,” I said, my voice soft.

We cleaned up what was left of our barbeque. Tom did most of the hard work—scrubbing down the grill and covering the table with a tarp. I kept stealing glances of his body as it moved, at the muscles that worked erotically even under his football jersey and jeans.

My breathing grew labored as I watched him. I’d always had a more than healthy libido, but nothing like this.

What had I done to myself?

Tom brushed off his hands and looked around. “I think we’re done here.”

“It looks good.” A huge yawn escaped me, and I clamped my hand over my mouth.

His shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. “All that food’s catchin up to you.”

That was accurate enough, so I nodded, my hand still over my mouth. My body was shutting down, getting ready to use the full potential of the formula I drank this morning.

Tom turned away from me and patted his back. “Hop on.”

Without thinking, I ran forward and jumped onto his back.

“Let’s get you to bed.” He walked into the house, climbed up the stairs.

So strong. I laid my head on his shoulder, murmured into his ear. “You always treat me like I’m so much younger than you.”

“Sorry. I guess I still think of you as a mouse.”

My eyes drifted closed. “I’m not a mouse. That’s a stupid cartoon.”

“I know. You’re all grown up now.”

He was just humoring me, I knew that. But I nestled closer against him. When we were little, we used to go to the same school. Tom was always having to defend me against the bigger kids, and I worshiped him because he was my hero. At eighteen, I was still small, still thin.

I wouldn’t be much longer though. Now that it was happening, I was scared out of my mind.

Tom went into my bedroom, gently laid me on the bed. He slipped off my shoes and socks, pulled the covers over my body. I stared up at him and let him tuck me in. “Goodnight, Tom.”

He pressed his lips to my forehead. “Night, Jerry.”

I smiled even as I faded away. “I guess it’s not that bad a cartoon.”

He chuckled, turned off my light and left the room.

My body warmed, and the metamorphosis began.

I awoke several hours later, my body tight and unbearably hot. Throwing off the covers didn’t help, so I stumbled out of bed and ran down the stairs. I hardly noticed knocking the coffee table and the couch aside as I ran into the backyard.

The cool night air soothed the fire a bit, but it also drew focus to other pains. My muscles burned, my bones ached and creaked audibly, my skin felt stretched taut to the point of tearing. And something else.

Hunger.

My hands went to my stomach, slid over crevices in my abdominal muscles I didn’t remember having. Yes, I was starving. But not for food. I dropped to my knees, hissing through the pain.

What was it? I needed it. Now!

“Jerry? What are you doing out here, buddy?”

Tom.

I growled as every muscle in my body leapt and swelled. My shoulders spread apart, tearing my sleeves away from the rest of my shirt. My pecs shoved against the material, and my nipples hardened as they slid against the cotton. The sensation was both exquisite and excruciating, but now I knew what would sate this hunger inside of me.

I wanted to devour my brother.

“Jerry?” he asked again, sounding closer this time. “Are you okay?”

He couldn’t see me like this. I felt primal, animalistic... dangerous.

“Go away!” God, was that really my voice? It sounded an octave deeper.

“Jesus.” He ran forward, wrapped his arms around me. “We’ve got to get you to a hospital.”

I hunched lower, snarling and clawing at the ground. My thickening legs stretched my slacks tight, and I was pissed as hell at the audacity of my clothing trying to keep me contained. “Get out of here!”

His arms only tightened around me. “Come on, stand up. You can do it. We just have to get you to my car.”

I was so conditioned to obey him that I pushed myself to my feet. His eyes rounded when I straightened and met his gaze.

We were the same height.

“What the hell is happening to you?” he whispered.

I grabbed his head and crushed my mouth to his.

His lips were soft, pliable beneath mine. As soon as we connected, the growth in my body accelerated. My back fanned wide, shredding my shirt. My biceps and triceps did the same as they pumped into the size of baseballs... softballs... beyond.

Tom pushed at me, his hands ineffectual against my chest. I had to tilt my head forward to maintain the kiss.

I was still growing taller.

My pant legs burst open to make room for my thighs. The seat of my slacks tore as my glutes hardened and grew round.

The pain had vanished. There was only ecstasy now.

I forced my tongue into his mouth, savoring the taste I’d craved for so long. He began to pound on my shoulders, and the light taps felt playful against my rounded delts.

I grew another inch, and another. This was not at all how I’d planned things, but fuck. I didn’t care anymore. The strength and arousal pouring through me was worth anything.

My neck tore open the collar of my shirt, and the ruined material slid down my torso. I rubbed my big, hard pecs against his, marveling at how small Tom’s chest felt.

I’d always thought he was so huge, but he wasn’t. And he was feeling smaller by the second.

Groaning, I straightened just as my pants fell off my legs. Tom tilted his head back, his green eyes shocked as he stared up at me.

All my life, I’d envied those eyes. Mine were softer, hazel. Now, as I stood at least six inches taller than him, I found myself growling with lust as I took in their emerald depths.

Tom broke into a run.

I easily caught him, lifting him off his feet as I held him against my body. The chase, however pitifully short, spurred my desire to new heights. “I’m not the mouse anymore.”

“J-Jerry, you gotta listen to me. There’s something very wrong here.”

My mind was muddled with arousal. All I could think about was how much I wanted him. “You’re right. There is something wrong here.” I grabbed his shirt, tore it off his body. “This is better.” Lifting him higher, I sucked on one of his nipples.

He jerked in my arms, and I switched to his other nipple.

Tom drove his fingers into my hair, yanking at it.

My head fell back to meet his gaze again. “That feels so good. Don’t stop.”

His chest hitched. “Jerry...”

“Mmm, or you can keep saying my name.” I nuzzled the swirls of dark hair on his chest and down his six-pack as I ripped off his jeans. “Whatever you want. Everything you do is erotic. Did you know that?”

“God.” His voice shook. “Think. Please.”

I couldn’t think. A second wave of changes was upon me. This one brought the power I’d been waiting for.

A hot, sweet force sizzled along my nerves, emanated from my body.

Tom gasped.

My sex energy had just manifested in all its glory.

He stopped struggling against me, stunned into silence.

“Feels good, doesn’t it?” I licked a path up his neck, smiled against the racing pulse at his artery. “Liquid pleasure.”

“What’s... What’s going on?”

His cock twitched against my abs, and I rubbed him up and down my torso, using his body to explore my own. He was so light, my muscles weren’t even straining anymore as I held him. “Something great.”

He moaned, went from shoving to clinging.

Confident he wouldn’t try to run again, I laid him out on the grass, took his mouth in another hard, long kiss as I stretched myself over him. My brother, he was the quintessential jock, so I hadn’t expected him to taste so sweet. I couldn’t drink enough, even as my muscles pumped themselves bigger.

I needed more. Now.

I pushed myself up, flipped him over. I pinned him to the ground as I trailed kisses along his hot skin. The muscles of his back flexed wildly under my mouth as I worked my way down.

So hot.

My hands slid over his tense buttocks, and I spread his cheeks apart, thrusting my tongue into his pucker.

Tom cried out. “Jerry!”

I held him fast, continued to shove my tongue in and out of him. I’d tongue-fucked guys before, but I didn’t remember it being so... easy.

Tom shuddered, pressed his ass into my face.

There were so many ways I wanted to experience him. My mind flooded with the possibilities. But my cock dominated—hard and aching for Tom—and so I gave into those urges and straightened.

My dick had doubled in size. Thick veins pulsed visibly beneath the skin, and the head was huge, demanding and red-purple in color. I wanted to shove it into Tom’s tight hole, but some part of me stayed in control, cautioned me to be gentle.

Tom could take me, of that I had no doubt. After all, he’d taken Jake.

Pre-cum poured from my cock, drenched Tom’s ass.

“Wh-What’s that?” He turned his head, freezing up when he saw that every part of me had increased in size.

The awe in his eyes pulled a soft growl out of me. It didn’t matter that it was laced with fear. Just having him look at me that way was almost enough to make me come.

No, not yet. I wanted more.

I yanked him up to his knees, brushed my hand over his ass and worked my pre into his hole. I slid a finger inside, then two. He was slow to relax, frustrating me.

Forcing myself to be patient, I slid a third finger into his pucker, gently corkscrewing my hand as I prepared him for my size.

Tom tried to move away from me, and I leaned forward, locking my arm around him as I kissed the nape of his neck. “Shh. I know you don’t have a lot of experience with guys, but I know what I’m doing.” I licked his hot skin, and I could feel my sex energy intensifying. “I’ll make you feel good, I promise.”

He put his fist to mouth and moaned.

I nipped at his shoulder and straightened, removing my fingers from him. Grabbing his hips, I positioned my pole at his opening, and eased myself in.

My vision exploded, and I had to stop a few moments with just the head of my cock inside of him as I tried to adjust to the sheer pleasure of it.

Sex had never, ever been like this before.

I felt him trembling in my hold and resumed my journey. His ass hugged my dick, squeezing me tightly. But he took all of me, groaning with pleasure as he did.

“I told you,” I whispered. I leaned forward, pressed my chest against his back. “Now the real fun begins.” I drew out of him, just slightly, and pushed myself in again.

His groan cut short into a gasp.

I settled into a series of slow, long thrusts. My nipples grazed his back, making me hiss. Every time I drove myself in to the hilt, my head was a little higher than his, my shoulders a little broader. I was constantly readjusting my hold on him, and I didn’t catch on to what that meant until he broke our rhythm and started to struggle against me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, my voice husky as I bent to an awkward angle to kiss his cheek.

“J-Jerry.” His hands curled into fists. “Y-You’re hurting me.”

“Hurting you?” I pulled my cock out of him... and out... and out...

Christ. I’d been growing while fucking him. My pole was over a foot long now. Although it upset me that I’d hurt Tom, the sight of me so thick and hard—and the knowledge that I was too big for him—spiked my arousal.

I turned him over to let him see.

He started to scramble backwards and I grabbed him, pinned him to the grass again. I lowered my hips, laid my dick against his.

Now, Tom had nothing to be shy about when it came to his own equipment. But I was over twice his size, in both length and girth.

And I was still growing.

A deep, rumbling sound of ecstasy rolled out of my chest, dragging an answering sound out of him. My hips began to move again as I rubbed my pole against his chest and stomach. My heavy balls slid up and down his thighs, and I quickened my pace.

I lowered myself onto my elbows, careful not to crush him. Dropping my head, I watched Tom’s small body writhe beneath me. The top of his head didn’t even reach my chest.

My muscles burned; my sensitized skin reveled in the feel of Tom’s body sliding against me. Sweat rolled off of me, slicking us both as I moved. My body lengthened, then thickened to proportions that defied nature. All the while, the fire inside of me burned hotter and hotter.

When the head of my cock hit Tom’s cheek, he convulsed under me, bucking and shouting my name. His prick let loose, spraying hot jizz onto my own pole.

It was all I needed.

Usually, when I had a really intense orgasm, I locked up and came in stunned silence because I wasn’t strong enough to handle it all.

Not this time.

I pushed myself up on my hands, arched my back, and roared like the lion I’d become.

My load shot out of me like cannon fire. It hurtled across our yard and slammed into our oak tree. The bark splintered under the force of it as I came again and again. Swirls of light engulfed my vision, and the fire that had been simmering just beneath my skin turned white hot.

I had just enough sense to shove myself to the side before collapsing. I gasped for air, my muscles spasming again and again.

Pleasure gave way to pain as I struggled to survive the changes in my body. I cried out, curled into a ball as I shook and whimpered.

“Jerry...” Tom crawled close to me, fell once before he could push himself to his feet.

My eyes widened when I realized that he was only as tall as my shoulders were broad.

He reached out, touched my face. “What’s happening to you?”

My body contracted, tighter and tighter. Pain caused me to flinch, and tears filled my eyes. “Orgasm... must have... burned through the last of the formula...” Shudders racked me, and I grit my teeth. “Body is trying... trying to stabilize.”

“You took something?” Tom started to run for the house. “I’ll call an ambulance.”

“No!” I grabbed him, held him against me like a doll. “D-Don’t leave me!”

He struggled, pushing and pulling on my arms, all of it useless. “We need to get you to a hospital! You need a doctor!”

“T-Too late for that.” I hugged him closer. “Please... Please don’t leave me. Tom... Please.”

He stroked my hair, his voice tight with worry. “A-Alright. I won’t go anywhere.”

I buried my face in his chest, kept begging him until the pain overloaded my brain. I passed out, my arms still locked around him. One word stayed on my lips as I plunged into the abyss.

“Please.”

The sun had risen when I opened my eyes again. Consciousness returned slowly, through layers upon layers of fog.

What... What was I doing outside?

Someone was in my arms. I glanced down, saw Tom nestled against me. Flashes of memory lit my mind like Christmas lights and I smiled, stroked his dark hair. The formula.

The formula had given me what I always wanted.

I eased myself away from him, stood to get a look at myself. Last night, I’d feared that I’d spend the rest of my life taller than our house, but that constricting sensation had apparently compacted my body to a more manageable shape.

And I felt stable, thank god.

I ran my hands over my body, taking in my thick, swollen muscles. My palms skimmed over my nipples, and I shivered with pleasure. Lifting my arm, I flexed my biceps, grinning at the mountain that rose up and stretched my skin.

Tom groaned softly and sat up, scrubbing his face with his hands.

Flexing intensified the sex energy, just as planned. Grinning, I crouched down beside him, took a moment to survey my trunk-like quads before speaking. “Good morning, Tom.”

He glanced up, and his gaze swept over my body. “Jerry,” he said, looking into my eyes again.

“Yep.” I reached out, fingered his hair.

He winced, but settled. “How are you feeling?”

I skimmed my knuckles down his cheek. “Great. You have no idea how—”

“You’re not hurting anymore?”

I stopped short, then softened. “No. Not at all.”

He dropped his gaze. “Okay.”

It was strange, seeing him so distant. But I reasoned that he was probably just feeling awkward around my new body. Wanting him to become more familiar with me, I slipped my hands around his waist and stood, setting him on his feet. My strength hadn’t diminished at all. If anything, he felt lighter.

Tom—who was six foot one—stared directly into my chest. All I had to do was flex my pecs, and my nipple would be in his mouth.

I was sorely tempted, but first I wanted to taste him again. I lowered my head, touched my lips to his.

He jumped back, ran from me.

It took me by surprise, but then instinct took over and I chased him. Laughing, I pressed him against the oak tree. With one hand, I pinned both his wrists against the trunk above his head, and leaned in for another kiss.

This spot smelled thickly of sex, and my arousal enveloped us both as my mouth moved over his. He moaned into me, his body wriggling against mine.

Soft and sweet, just like I remembered.

I lifted my head, looked over his naked body. My gaze rested on his arms. They looked almost slender compared to mine, and I smiled. His right was thicker than his left. His throwing arm, and I’d always found the slight asymmetry sexy as hell.

I kissed his biceps, worshiped them with my lips. They flexed against my mouth, and I murmured my approval.

I’d never been the one in control before. I liked it. A lot.

Tom grunted, and all at once I realized he wasn’t flexing for me, he was flexing against me.

Straightening, I looked at his arms again, tense with the struggle. “You’re trying to get yourself free?” My hand was relaxed against his wrists. I barely felt him, and it made me chuckle. “Come on, you can do better than that.”

“Let me go.”

My eyes crinkled at the corners. “Make me.”

“God-dammit, Jerry! This isn’t a game!”

Startled, I stepped away from him.

Tom stared at the ground, rubbing his wrists.

Concern damped my arousal. “Did I... Did I hurt you?”

“No,” he said, refusing to look at me. “Not just now.”

Something in my chest cracked. “Last night?”

He nodded.

My breath caught. “But... But you came.” I edged closer. “You want me.”

“You feel like Jake.” He lifted his head, his eyes narrowed into hard, emerald slits. “What the fuck did you do?”

I’d never seen him this angry. Not at me. “I-I used Jake’s DNA as a baseline to produce a gene therapy to alter my own body. I was able to create it in the form of a liquid, which I drank the morning you got here.”

“So you experimented on yourself.” His hands dropped to his sides, clenched into fists. “Of all the stupid, idiotic things...” His breath came hard as he looked away from me again.

I scrambled to heal the widening rift between us. “It was stupid. I admit it.” I tried to smile. “But it worked, and I’m alright now. Everything is stable.”

“Stable?” His gaze shot back to mine as he swept his hand through the air in front of me. “You call this stable? You call wanting to fuck your own brother stable?”

Shocked, I fumbled for whatever explanation I could. “Y-You want me too.”

“I want you too,” he said, his voice tight with disbelief. “You pump yourself full of shit designed to force people into arousal, and you honestly believe I have a choice.”

My vision blurred with tears. “Tom—”

He swore viciously and stormed into the house.

I stood there a taut moment, before running away.

Hours later, I was curled up by the lake on our property, naked and crying. The tears just wouldn’t stop. Every time they started to ease, I thought about how I’d lost Tom forever because I couldn’t control myself, and then they’d pour out of me again.

I’d wanted him as more than my brother, and now I had nothing at all.

“Jerry.”

I bolted upright, twisted around. He’d gotten dressed, wearing a burgundy t-shirt and a pair of jeans. “T-Tom? How did you know I was here?”

He leaned his shoulder against a tree, crossed his arms over his chest. His gaze rested on me a moment before flicking away. “You always come here when you’re upset. Never fails.”

I sniffled.

His green eyes touched on me again, but only briefly. “You shouldn’t cry. It’s weird.”

Using both hands, I wiped the tears from my face. “Why?”

“You’re a big guy now. It doesn’t look... natural for you to be weeping like a little kid. You’ve gotta toughen up.”

My eyes grew wet again as I realized I’d changed a great many more things than I had intended. “I don’t want to toughen up.”

His voice was cool, unsympathetic. “Is this thing permanent?”

“Yes,” I whispered.

“Then you’ve got no choice. It’s not my place to protect you anymore,” he finally looked at me, “so you have to protect yourself.”

My lips parted. “Why can’t you protect me?”

“Because you’re stronger now.”

I gasped. No, I didn’t want this. I wanted to go back! To the way it was!

Tom blew out a soft breath and straightened, coming to sit beside me. He rested his wrists on his knees as he stared out at the water. “Why’d you do it?”

I wanted to reach out, touch him, but I was scared. “I... I wanted you.”

“What?” He turned his head, surprise flickering over his features. “You felt this way even before you took that drug?”

Tentatively, I nodded.

“Jesus.” He looked out at the water again, his body stiff. “How long?”

“Always.”

He tried to hide his shock, but I could still see it. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because... Because I couldn’t have you that way.”

Anger seeped into his voice. “So you go all mad-scientist and come up with a way to take what you want?” He paused, went on in a whisper. “You could have died. That’s right, isn’t it?”

He was upset, terrified by what I had been driven to do to myself. Why hadn’t I taken that into account when I decided on this? “Yes.”

Tom ran a trembling hand through his hair. “God in heaven.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, my voice soft. “I wish I could go back.”

“Well, that’s the problem, isn’t it? You can’t go back.” He shook his head. “You’ve always been so damned impulsive, Jerry. That’s my fault, I think. Whatever mess you got yourself into, I was right there to pull you out. This time there’s nothing I can do.”

“N-No,” I said quickly. “None of this is your fault.”

“It is. I should have taught you better. I’ll bet you didn’t even get clothes for yourself.”

He was right, so I didn’t answer.

“You’re the smartest guy I know, but you don’t think. Just like you didn’t think about... about...” He swallowed, finished his sentence. “About what you were doing to me last night.”

Without thinking, I touched his shoulder. He gently moved away from me, and I felt my tears rising again. “I hurt you.”

“Yeah, you did, but that’s not why I said—”

I couldn’t take it anymore. I threw myself into him. Neither of us were prepared for my new mass, and I slammed him into the ground. “Oh, god. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“I-It’s okay,” he said, after he’d taken a few deep breaths. “It was an accident.”

“No! Not just about that!” A sob burst out of me and I buried my face in his chest. “I’m sorry for all the fights you got into because of me!”

“Say what?”

Before I knew it, I was apologizing for every pain I’d caused him, every time I’d taken our relationship for granted. I soaked his shirt with my tears, confessing every sin his angelic brother had ever committed. I had to do it this way. I had to lead up to the big one, because I couldn’t just blurt it out.

“Jerry,” he stroked my hair. “Calm down.”

“And I’m sorry I raped you!”

His hand stilled on my head. “Raped me?”

A wail escaped me as I hugged him closer. “That’s what it was, wasn’t it? I didn’t give you a choice, I just threw you down and... and...”

“Jerry, it wasn’t rape.”

“What else would you call it? I forced you to have sex with me!”

His other hand stroked my back. “I was scared at first.”

Another sob burst out of me.

His voice rose above the noise. “But I never said ‘no,’ did I? And it wasn’t because I was afraid.”

I hiccuped, rubbed my cheek against his chest. “Did you... Did you like it? I tried. To make it good for you. I really did.”

He hesitated. “I liked some of it.”

“Let me try again!” I said suddenly, wanting to make it better. Wanting Tom. “Could you let me try again?”

His entire body jumped. “What?”

Desperation made the words tumble from my mouth. “If I like it, and you like it, then why can’t we?”

“Because we’re brothers.”

“But,” I climbed higher up his body, stared down into his beautiful eyes, “Jake and Charlie are together.”

“Jake and Charlie aren’t related by blood!”

“Neither are we! Not anymore!”

The color drained from his skin. “What?”

I stroked his hair, his shoulders, engulfed by my own neediness. “The changes I made to my body are fundamental—they altered the structure of my DNA. Biologically, we’re not brothers anymore.”

His voice died to a whisper. “Oh god, Jerry. What did you do?”

“Don’t you see? I fixed things so we can be together.”

He shook his head, and I thought I saw pity in his eyes. “We can’t.”

Gripping his shoulders, I tried to put on my cute face. But it wouldn’t come. “Please?”

He pushed at me, but I wouldn’t be moved. “It’s not right.”

“I don’t care what’s right.” I pressed my lips to his forehead, his cheek. “Not if you’ll let me love you.”

“You can’t love me. Not this way. I’m not even...” His hands stilled as his voice dropped. “I’m straight.”

“You let Jake—”

“You are not Jake! No matter how badly you want to be.”

I gasped, but kept trying. “I can—”

His voice sharpened, cut into me like a knife. “I didn’t say no last night, but I’m saying it now. Let... Me... Go.”

The heat drained from my body, and I sat up. He slid himself from under me, got to his feet. I stayed on the ground and watched him brush himself off.

“I’m going back to the house,” he said, cold and hard. “When you get some sense into you, come and find me.”

On my knees, I begged for forgiveness. “Don’t hate me. Please.”

He stopped, and I saw him release the tension from his body with sheer force of will. “I could never hate you, Jerry. Ever. But you need to get your head on straight.”

“Tom...”

He walked away.

And this time, there was nowhere to run.

After I’d finished another round of crying, I picked myself up and went back to the house. I walked in as quietly as I could, intending to crawl into bed and stay there until Gran came back on Sunday.

Gran.

I really didn’t think things through, did I? What was I going to say to her? To our parents?

The weight of it all started to drive me to the floor, then I heard Tom’s voice. It drifted in from the livingroom—he wasn’t talking to me.

Cautiously, I walked down the hall, poked my head inside. Tom had his back to me. He’d pulled a chair to the chest by the wall so he could talk to someone on speaker-phone. I recognized the voice on the other end instantly.

Jake Robinson laughed. “Oh man, I could have killed you! Standing up and yelling Charlie’s name like that across the cafeteria. Then spilling all my insecurities to him!”

Tom chuckled. “Hey, it had to be done.”

I laid my head against the entryway, relieved that Tom could still laugh. That I hadn’t ruined him forever.

“That’s true,” said Jake, before the humor faded from his voice. “So, Tom. What’s up?”

He leaned against the chest. “What do you mean?”

“Something’s bothering you, big time. I can tell.”

Tom was quiet a moment before answering. “You’ve changed a lot, you know? You never would have picked up on that when we were in school together.”

“Yeah, well, I had to grow up to deserve Charlie.”

I frowned. Grow up? Jake loved Charlie. Who cared about deserving?

“It hurt like hell, didn’t it?” asked Tom. “With the way Charlie was, and with fucking Vincent Shaw screwing with your head like a sadistic bastard.”

Jake chuckled. “I thought you liked Vincent.”

“I did, until he cut you.”

Jake’s voice betrayed his fondness. “One thing I’ve learned about that guy—he always knows what he’s doing. He put me through hell, but only because it would make me strong enough to be Charlie’s other half.”

“Was it worth it? All that pain?”

“Yeah. Anything is worth being with him, loving him.”

Tom’s shoulders hunched forward. “Do you... Do you still feel guilty? Because he’s your brother?”

My breath caught.

“No,” said Jake. “Not since those last weeks of school our Junior year.”

“It’s easier, though, because you were never related by blood, right? Did you think of him as a real brother at first? And if you did, how did you get over that?”

He hurt so much. What had I done?

“Tom... this is about your brother, isn’t it?”

He laid his head on the chest as his voice went gruff. “Jerry, he... we...”

“God.”

“Yeah.”

“It’s tearing you up inside?”

His voice cracked. “Yes.”

I closed my eyes, my guilt killing me.

Jake swore. “I’m sorry, man. Times like these I wish I lived closer to you.”

“Tell me how you dealt with it. Please.”

“I’m not the right one to talk about that. With Charlie, he was all I could think about for years. When I finally made a move, it was relief. To finally have it out. I’m guessing I’m more like Jerry in that respect.”

Tom hesitated. “You... You were hurting a lot, weren’t you? And you never told anyone.”

Jake blew out a breath. “You have no idea. It was like a slow death.”

“A slow death?” Tom’s body hitched.

“Look, let me put Charlie on the phone. He’d know your end of it better.”

“Jake! Wait!”

“Hello? This is Charlie.”

My lips parted. I’d met Charlie Davis a few times. When he spoke, his voice soothed and relaxed you. Like an angel.

“H-Hi, Charlie.”

“Going through a rough spot?”

“The worst of my life, I think.”

I covered my mouth with my hand to keep from calling out his name.

“Over your little brother?”

“He’s not so little anymore.”

“Oh?”

Tom dragged his fingers through his hair. “It’s a long story.”

“It always is. How can I help you?”

“We... We had sex. And now everything is turned upside down.”

Charlie made a soft sound of understanding. “That’s rough, kid.”

Jake called from the background. “Don’t call him kid!”

Tom laughed softly.

I could hear the gentle smile in Charlie’s voice. “Have you decided what to do next?”

“No idea.”

His answer shocked me. He’d seemed so adamant before. Was there a chance—

“That’s where the real pain is coming from, isn’t it?”

Tom touched the speaker on the phone, and all the anguish I’d caused him was apparent in that small gesture. “Tell me what to do.”

“Ah, Tom. I can’t do that.”

“Then tell me what you did. How you moved forward.”

My brother, he’d always seemed so mature, so wise. Seeing him so confused unnerved me.

Charlie was quiet a while before speaking again. “I had to decide what I wanted most, and it was the scariest decision I’d ever made. Being brothers, that’s forever. I loved Jake, I took care of him. It was safe, and a powerful connection. To be his lover, we had to let go of that and find equal ground. Then we had to leap into that storm, knowing we could never go back, knowing there was no guarantee of a happy ending.”

“You chose to leap.”

“I did.”

“Was it the right decision?”

“No doubt about it.”

Tom’s hand curled into a loose fist. “What if I make the wrong decision? What if Jerry is unhappy for the rest of his life?”

“That’s the risk,” said Charlie, gently. “And no matter which path you choose, there’s going to be pain. For both of you.”

One by one, Tom’s fingers uncurled. “What’s it like? With you and Jake?”

“It’s like... music. Harmony and melody. Rhyme and rhythm. We flow.”

Tom fell silent again, before straightening. “Thanks, Charlie.”

“Anytime. Want to talk to Jake again?”

“Yeah.”

There was a pause, and Jake’s voice sounded through the speaker. “Did he help you?”

“I don’t know,” he answered softly.

“But you feel better?”

Tom sniffed. Had he been crying?

“Yeah, I feel better. How does Charlie do that?”

Jake laughed. “Beats me. It’s a gift.”

Tom rolled his shoulders, his neck. “Is it alright if I call you guys again about this? If I need it?”

“Sure. Whenever you want.”

“Jake?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad you and Charlie are happy.”

His voice sobered. “Thanks. Hope everything works out on your end, whatever you decide to do.”

“Catch ya,” said Tom.

“Later,” said Jake.

Tom hit the speaker button and stood.

I froze, wanting to bolt but unable to send the right signals to my legs.

He turned, paled when he saw me. “How long have you been standing there?”

“A couple of seconds,” I lied. “That’s all.”

Some of the color returned to his skin. “Oh, you should have told me. I would have let you talk to Jake and Charlie.” He frowned. “Why didn’t I feel your sex energy when you walked into the room?”

I rubbed my bare chest, self-conscious about my nudity for the first time. “Having the energy constantly pouring out of him seemed inconvenient for Jake, so I altered the formula. With me, it only activates if I’m flexing, or if I’m aroused.”

He squeezed his eyes shut. “You took the thing inside of Jake and fucked around with it before putting it inside you?”

“Tom...” What could I say? “I promise I won’t do anything like this again.”

“No kidding.” He opened his eyes, smiled at me for the first time since yesterday. “I don’t suppose you could help Jake out?”

My heart skipped a beat. I knew he was putting on an act for me. “Jake’s condition has progressed too far. His body, his cells, are impervious. Nothing can alter his biology. Not drugs, not a weapon.”

“What about you?”

I glanced away. “It’s the same with me, now. That’s why I can’t go back.”

“What if you get sick?” he asked softly. “How’s anyone supposed to help you?”

My brother... I hadn’t truly appreciated how special this type of love was. “I won’t get sick. I’m immune to everything.”

His hand on my shoulder startled me into looking up.

“Jerry, I need to talk about—”

“Don’t worry, Tom. I’ve got my head on straight.” I forced the next words out of me. It hurt to say them, but I couldn’t let Tom go through the pain of having to make this decision. I owed him that much. “Being brothers is important. More important than anything.”

His hand fell away. “That’s exactly how you should feel.”

“Thanks, Tom. For giving me the time to figure it out.”

He slipped his hands into his pockets, standing awkwardly before me. “You hungry?”

I shook my head. “Tired.”

His eyes deepened into forest green. “I pushed my bed next to yours, so you should be comfortable.”

I wanted to burst into tears again. “You did? Where will you sleep?”

He shrugged. “I’ll crash on the couch.”

“But—”

“Go on, you could use the rest.”

He needed rest, too, but he was still putting my needs ahead of his, even after what I’d done to him. “I-I love you.”

“I love you back.”

Reluctantly, I went upstairs and into my bedroom. I stretched diagonally on the two twin mattresses, let go of any dream I had of Tom.

It was time I grew up, gave him what he needed, for once.

And he needed to be my brother.

I heard my door open, but kept my eyes closed.

“Jerry?” asked Tom, his voice barely audible. “You awake?”

I tried to pretend I was asleep, but I couldn’t. Not when he wanted to talk to me. “Yes.”

“Can I come in?”

My eyes fluttered open. “Sure.”

He crossed the room, sat on the edge of our beds. “I know you’re tired, but I really need to talk to you. You cut me off before.”

A tremor of fear went through me, but I didn’t fight him. “O-Okay.”

“First, it horrifies me that you put your body through such radical changes for some guy. Even if it’s me.”

I hadn’t expected that, which increased my fear. “What?”

He sighed, stretched out beside me and looked into my eyes. Even in the near darkness, I could see that startling emerald color. “From now on, you don’t change for anyone, you hear me? Otherwise, you really will kill yourself, and... and I’d die right along with you.”

My lips parted. “I’m sorry.”

“And stop apologizing for this. It’s done.”

I couldn’t hide my sharp intake of breath, but I nodded.

He reached out, fingered a lock of hair that had fallen over my forehead. “You were so cute before.”

“R-Really?”

“Don’t play innocent with me. You knew it. What hurts me is that you didn’t think it was enough.”

Following him was getting harder and harder. “If I had told you how I felt, would you have—”

“No.”

My mouth snapped shut.

“But I did like looking at you. I loved holding you close.” His fingers skimmed down my cheek before leaving me altogether. “You should know that. And, even though you played noble earlier today, you should know why we can’t be together the way you want.”

He knew me so well, and the word was out of me before I could stop it. “Why!”

His eyes crinkled at the corners, as if something hurt inside of him. “Because there’s no equal ground for us to stand on.”

I frowned, trying desperately to understand. “What?”

“You’re a genius, and I was always cool with that. Proud. But now you’re also the strong one. What can I possibly offer you?”

“That’s... That’s crazy!” I turned, levered myself over him. “Is that the only reason? It sucks! You have plenty to offer!”

“Jerry,” his steady gaze locked with mine, “why do you love me?”

“You always protect—” I cut my sentence short, but the damage was already done.

“See? That’s all I’ve got: muscle. And now you have a lot more. You don’t need me.” He smiled. “I’m nothing special. You can, and should, do better.”

“Why are you talking like this?” I cried. “There’s no one better than you. I’m stronger, I’m smarter. So what? Who says that one of us has to be the brains and the other has to be the brawn? What kind of arbitrary system of balance is that?”

“It’s the only one we’ve got. If you have a better one, I’m all ears. In fact, if you can think of one thing that stands up to your gifts...” He swallowed hard. “Then I’ll say yes.”

Hope lit inside of me. “You will?”

He nodded. “Promise.”

“That’s easy! You have...” My mind short-circuited. “You’re...” Again, I couldn’t think of anything. “You...”

This was too much pressure. There was too much at stake.

And Tom wasn’t helping me. “It’s alright, Jerry. Let it go.”

“No!” I was losing my chance. My only chance. “I’ll think of something. Just give me a second. You—”

“It’s over,” he said gently.

“It’s not. It can’t be.” I wracked my mind, desperately tried to think. “How could you do this to me? Come here in the middle of the night and give me a test that decides both our lives? It’s not fair.”

“You’re right. But it doesn’t change the truth.”

“What truth?” I sobbed, laying my head against him.

“That we would never work together.”

I kept arguing, kept trying to get my so-called genius intellect to get it in gear. “We would. I know we would. I-I could go to Notre Dame with you. I could join the football team and keep you protected on the field.”

“Listen to you.” He threaded his fingers through my hair. “You don’t even like football. What did I just say about changing yourself to fit someone else?”

“O-Okay, so I won’t try out for football. But I could still go to Notre Dame.”

“No.”

“Why not?” I wept against him. “Why are you breaking my heart?”

His gentle hand in my hair only made the riot of emotions inside me more violent. But I didn’t pull away. I’d endure anything for his touch.

“Believe me,” said Tom. “I hate doing it. But I want you to be happy, and it’s better for your heart to be broken tonight than for you to die a slow death staying with me.”

“That’s all you ever think about, isn’t it? My happiness.” I lifted my head. “What about you? What makes you happy?”

His brow furrowed. “What makes me happy?”

“You’ve never even thought about it, have you?” The realization shocked me. “You’re always thinking about what’s best for your brother, even if it’s something you might not want. That’s why you didn’t say no to me last night, isn’t it? You kept trying to talk me out of it, but you never said no because it looked like I needed it.”

“Jerry—”

“Even when you made your promise just now. That had nothing to do with your feelings and everything to do with mine. If I had been able to think of something, you would have kept your promise.” A new epiphany settled over me, softened my voice. “You’re not gay, but you would have kept your promise. To make me happy.”

I moved away, sat cross-legged beside him. Everything began to fall into place. “Your heart. That’s the answer.”

He pushed himself up on his elbows. “The answer to what?”

I stared down at the mattress, preparing to release him from his promise. To do what was right. “You asked for one thing you have that could balance us. It’s your heart. It guides you, and you guide me, Jake, everyone around you. It makes you this sweet, wise, giving man.”

I lifted my head. “That’s why I love you. I’m not good with people unless you’re there with me. I tend to live in my head, and you draw me out, blend your life with mine. You’d give me absolutely anything if you were sure it would make me happy.”

He sat up, his expression tentative. “My heart?”

“Yes. You have the strongest, most beautiful heart in the world.” I blinked back tears, determined to toughen up. “You decide. If you want to be brothers, or if you want something different, I’ll go with it. Don’t worry about making the wrong decision. I’ll be happy to have you in my life, no matter what.”

His breath hitched. “You will?”

Earlier, I’d tried to spare him pain by taking the decision from him. That had been another selfish mistake on my part. I realized now that it was his decision, and his decision alone. All I could do was help him through it. “What do you want, Tom?”

He hugged his knees to his chest, more scared, more vulnerable than I’d ever seen him. “I don’t know.”

I eased closer. “You said I was cute before. But you never said what you think of me now.”

“You’re not cute.”

Although I thought I’d prepared myself for that, I felt like I’d been hit. “O-Okay. Then that makes your decision cut and—”

“You’re stunning, though. It hurts to look at you.”

I stopped short, struggled to decipher what that meant. “Hurts?”

His back straightened as he covered his stomach with his hand. “Here. This tight, clenching pain that just won’t let go. I’ve never felt like this before. It’s—” He took a short, unsteady breath. “It’s hard.”

My eyebrows drew together. That could be indicative of anything from disgust to desire. But if it was desire, surely he’d know? Tom had never been shy about sex. “Are you feeling it right now?”

His hand curled into a fist against his midsection. “Yeah.”

“Can I... Can I try something?”

His expression went cautious. “Alright.”

Slowly, I lowered my head and touched my mouth to his. As I moved my lips against him, he didn’t respond, but he didn’t move away, either. I did my best to be gentle, to spark his arousal while keeping a tight leash on my own. I wanted him to be sure of his feelings.

He shivered when I pulled away, but—again—that could be indicative of any number of things.

“Did that help the pain?” I asked.

His hand unfurled as he thought about it. “It did. A lot.”

My laughter was soft, nervous. “You want me.”

“Want you...” He dropped his gaze. “How does something like that happen?”

He didn’t deny it, I told myself. But I didn’t let my hope get in the way of his decision. “I don’t know. We’ve lived in separate towns for most of our lives. Maybe that has something to do with it.”

His head fell back against the headboard. “I like girls.”

My hope dimmed. “I know.”

“And I’ve only been with one guy before. With Jake... it was just about the pleasure. About him showing me what he could do. Just a game between friends.” He met my gaze, his eyes unreadable. “It’s different with you, though. Bigger. Deeper. It’s a fucking lot to deal with in twenty-four hours.”

I stopped myself from apologizing and sat quietly, letting him sort it through.

“What if I hurt you?”

My breath caught. “I’ll toughen up.”

“What if... What if you hurt me?”

I wanted to promise him anything he wanted, to calm all his fears. But I forced myself to be honest, because he deserved that. “I still act like a kid, I know. I’ll try to be a man. I’ll do my best to take care of you, so you won’t have to give so much.” I tentatively slipped my hand over his. “But you’re so strong, Tom. You survived the worst day of our lives, and you made sure I survived, too.”

I broke, laid my head in his lap. “I’m not strong at all, not the way you are. Whether you’re my brother or my lover, I need you. I’ll always need you. Whatever you decide, just don’t leave me. Please.”

His hand slipped into my hair, stroked my locks like he had so many times before.

I’m not sure how long the silence stretched. It could have been minutes, hours. I lost track of the time, and just let myself treasure his touch.

“Jerry.”

I closed my eyes, braced myself. “Yes?”

“Could you...” His voice dropped to a whisper. “Could you kiss me again?”

My head shot up, and the movement startled him so much that his back thumped against the headboard.

Chase.

God, I wanted to. The beast inside of me wanted to pounce like it had every other time he’d run. I forced myself slow, leaning close and bringing my mouth to his.

This time—for the first time—he returned my kiss. The brush of his lips embodied everything that was Tom: he guided me, gave himself to me. His hand slipped up my arm, over my shoulder, rested on the nape of my neck. He parted my lips, and his tongue caressed the center of mine.

I thought I knew what it was to kiss him. I’d had no idea. His heat sank right into me, deeper than any purely physical caress could go.

Even now, he was teaching me.

His mouth left mine, and his lips brushed against my cheek. “Okay,” he said, his voice husky. He pulled himself closer, and his warm breath caressed my ear. “Okay.”

I slipped my arms around him, shut my eyes. “You’ve decided?”

He nodded against me.

“What do you want?”

Tom stroked my back, dropped a kiss on my shoulder. “This.”

My body shuddered. “Really?”

“For better or for worse,” his soft lips moved higher, to the curve of my neck, “this is what I want.”

I straightened, staring down into his calm green eyes. Now that he’d made the decision, he seemed so at peace. “I-I can make you happy.”

“We’ll make each other happy.” He ran his hand down my chest. “You’re so big now.”

Suddenly I realized I’d never given him a chance to touch me. Not even when we were fucking last night. I flexed my pecs, over flowing his palm. “But my muscles turn you on, right?”

He chuckled. “They’re cool.”

“And my strength?” I leaned forward, inhaled his scent. “My strength makes you hot as well?”

“Your strength scares the shit outta me.”

I jerked back. “It does?”

He pressed his lips to my collarbone. “When you had me pinned against that tree this morning... I realized you could do anything you wanted to me. I’d never felt so helpless.”

“I’m sor—”

“I told you to stop apologizing.”

I instantly obeyed.

His hands skimmed over my shoulders, down to my biceps. “Your body’s hard as a rock. My fingers are pretty strong, and I can’t even dent the skin.”

Instinctively, I flexed into his hands, drawing a hiss of pleasure from him. “That doesn’t scare you?”

He smiled up at me. “No, it’s sexy.”

“Nothing can hurt me,” I said eagerly. “Bullets or even your car will just—”

“Shush.”

I fell quiet again. Unsure of myself, I slid my hand over the headboard and sat still, letting him touch me.

Tom straddled my thighs, his gaze locked on my body. The strange combination of intensity and coldness in his exploration unnerved me.

Was he still angry?

His fingers grazed my nipples and I shuddered.

“Sensitive,” he murmured, before lowering his head and nipping at them.

I growled, crushed the headboard under my hand.

Tom bolted upright. “You didn’t like that.”

“I—”

“I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing.” He dropped his forehead against my shoulder. “Why won’t you touch me, Jerry? I’m trying to take the lead, but I can’t.”

I glanced down at him in surprise. Tom was out of his element, and because I still thought of him as my big brother, I’d automatically relinquished control to him. All the pressure was on him, again, and he’d tried to play that role.

But what he really wanted, what he really needed, was to be chased.

Grinning, I grabbed the bottom of his shirt, pulled it off over his head. Before he could say anything, I tipped him backward and nuzzled the dark hair feathered across his chest. “How’s this for touching you?”

His hands went to my delts, found them too big to hold, and went to grip my traps. “This...” He arched his back, pushing himself harder into my mouth. “God, it feels so good.”

I laid him onto the mattress, worked my way up to his neck. “Better than Jake?”

He pushed on my shoulders, and I rose to look into his eyes.

“How many times do I have to tell you?” Tom reached up, cupped my face in his hand. “You are not Jake.” He chuckled. “And I sure as hell am not Charlie.”

I smiled, lowered my body. I was careful not to crush him as I went back to tasting the curve of his neck. I slid my hand underneath him, kneading his muscles as I worked my way down to his ass. Remembering how tight he’d been on my pole, I squeezed him, wanting him to remember too.

Tom flinched.

“Did you like it?”

“I liked some of it.”

Guilt-ridden, I pulled my hand away. “You’re sore.”

His fingers trailed along the deep crevices that marked my abdominal muscles. “I can do this.”

“Tom,” I said, stroking his cheek. “It’s not a football game, and your team isn’t counting on you to pull them through.” I rubbed my body against his. “It’s alright to lay back and enjoy.” I rose to my knees, giving him a chance to really look at me.

He tried to sit up and I pressed my hand flat against his chest, pinning him to the mattress.

“Hey,” he said, grabbing my wrist, yanking at it. None of his efforts could move me. “Let me up.”

“What part of ‘lay back and enjoy’ don’t you understand?”

Tom struggled harder against me, and my sex energy intensified.

He went still, his eyes wide. “This turns you on.”

“It really, really does.” I stroked my thick, hard cock—an even foot long as far as I could tell. “I know my strength scares you, but holding my big football star brother there so easily...” I lowered my head, and a soft growl escaped me. “It’s so fucking hot.”

His arms fell to his side.

Disappointed, I tilted my head. “That’s it? You’re not going to fight anymore? After getting me so...” I closed my eyes. “Mmm.”

I felt him shiver under my palm, but when I opened my eyes, I didn’t see fear in him. “Being helpless frightens you, but only because you’re so used to being in control, in charge.” I slid my free hand down the center of his body, and brushed my hard fingers against the crotch of his jeans. “Take it from someone who’s been on your end too many times to count—giving in to the bigger man is exactly what you need.”

I shifted position, dragged his jeans and underwear off his strong legs. I knelt between his thighs, massaged them, kneaded the muscles there. My long, thick fingers engulfed his rigid prick. I glided my thumb over its hot tip.

His dick twitched in my hand, and I gave him a gentle squeeze in response. He moaned, but didn’t try to sit up. Confident that he’d learned his lesson, I took his legs, bent them at the knees and spread them apart. “You’ll like all of it this time,” I murmured, lowering my head. “I promise.”

Wrapping my fingers around his cock again, I stroked it up and down while I took his balls into my mouth. As I suckled, I used the tip of my tongue to tease the sensitive skin right behind them.

“Oh, fuck!” cried Tom, arching his back.

With my free hand, I grabbed his hip to make sure he didn’t slip out of my mouth.

His cock throbbed as I stroked it, jumped and jerked as it begged for more. I ignored its plea for the moment, enthralled by the ripe plums in my mouth.

“Jerry...” He gasped. “Please...”

Was he begging?

A tidal wave of desire poured out of me, and my energy flooded the room.

Tom groaned, and his body tried to writhe with pleasure.

I held him still, letting his balls fall from my tongue as I dragged it up the underside of his shaft. In one smooth, wet stroke, I took his entire pole into my mouth.

Shaking, Tom pushed himself up on his elbows. I didn’t pin him back to the mattress, wanting him to watch this.

I drew my lips up the length of him, swirled my tongue around the pulsing head, and slowly returned to the base. I sucked hard on his cock even as I buried my nose in his pubic hair, inhaled his musky scent.

Tom’s thighs shuddered on both sides of my head and I met his gaze, smiled around his meat before repeating the slow torture.

His head dropped back as his chest heaved.

Pre-cum leaked from the head of his dick and onto my tongue. The sweet drop broke my control, and I quickened my pace, determined to milk more out of him. My head pistoned up and down; my lips hugged his hot, throbbing flesh; my tongue hungrily licked and tasted. His cock swelled in my mouth, and Tom called my name just before it shot its first load into me.

I drank hard, long. Tom’s body jerked as he shot another sweet load. And another. He fell back onto the mattress and I sucked, demanding more.

Even when he began to soften, I continued to siphon until I was sure I’d milked him dry. Unsated lust—ravenous, wild—wracked me, and I lifted my head.

Tom, still recovering from his orgasm, stared up at me in awe. “No one’s... No one’s ever been able to swallow all of me.”

I need more!

Licking my lips, I pounced on him.

He tried to scramble away, and I gave chase, grabbing his body and dragging it against mine. Sitting up, I palmed the back of his head and captured his lips with my own.

His hands gripped my traps, and I thrust my tongue into his mouth—tasting more, drinking more.

One of his palms slid down my chest, down my abs. His fingers teased the hair at the base of my cock before closing over the insistent flesh.

My head snapped back, my breath coming harsh through my mouth as I looked down at his hand. He stroked the long length of me, used my own pre-cum to slick his caresses.

He couldn’t even close his fingers around me.

I snatched up his other hand and slammed it to my pole.

Without breaking his rhythm, he used one hand to complement the other as he stroked me.

Pleasure arced through me, and still I wanted more. I ran my palms over his sweat-drenched back, his broad shoulders, his tight triceps.

His hands still smoothing the length of my pole, Tom turned his head, licked one of my nipples.

I growled, and Tom looked up at me, unsure.

“I forgot you didn’t like—”

“Don’t stop!” My hand went back to his hair, cupped the back of his head, and pushed him back to my nipple. “Don’t stop any of it.”

His teeth grazed my nipple, his tongue swirled around it.

More growls escaped me as the hands on my cock spiraled over the flesh in unpredictable, erotic patterns. I gripped Tom’s hair, drew his head back. “Where did you learn to do this?”

He panted, trying to even out his own breathing. “Just because I don’t have much experience with other guys doesn’t mean I don’t have experience with myself.”

Images of Tom jacking off flooded my brain, stoked my own arousal to new heights. My grip tightened in his hair. “I like it harder.”

I made a sound of frustration when he didn’t obey. “Harder.”

He glanced up at me uneasily before resuming the light caresses.

This teasing was killing me, and my voice roughened. “Tom, why won’t you listen to...” My voice trailed when I saw the strain in his shoulders, the hard bulges in his arms. The cords in his forearms stood out in short relief.

“You’re squeezing me as hard as you can, aren’t you?” I asked softly. “And I don’t even feel it. Even my cock is too much for you.” My head fell back as ecstasy drenched me. “Ah, fuck. That’s fantastic.”

“You’re... You’re not angry? Disappointed?”

I chuckled, looked at his nervous face. “No way. I fucking love being this strong.” I reached out to grab my cock. “I think I’m going to rupture something if I don’t come soon, though. Let me help.”

His hand rested over mine. “Give me a second?”

Curious, I pulled away.

Tom looked down at my pole, used his forefinger to circle the rim of my cockhead. He found my sweet spot, a small indentation on the underside, and rubbed his thumb against it.

My breath caught.

His thumb settled into a firm, steady rhythm, sending electric sparks of pleasure shooting into my body. Concentration settled over his face as he ran his other hand down the top of my shaft—spreading his fingers apart, bringing them back together.

I groaned.

Still stroking my sweet spot, Tom lowered his head, licked the tip of my cock. His other hand skimmed around my pole to cup my balls. I felt his fingers spread, trying to accommodate the size of them.

Unbearable pressure built inside of me. “Shit...” My body shuddered. “Tom...”

“I can’t hurt your body, right?” he asked, his lips pressed against my dick. “No matter what I do?”

My muscles tensed, swelled, tried to contain the pleasure he was giving me. “N-No matter what,” I managed to rasp out.

His teeth grazed over the head of my cock.

I roared, and my hips bucked, knocking him off the bed. My dick erupted, and the stream of hot jism arched as it shot across the room, hit the wall on the other side. It flowed downward, pooling on the floor and forming a small lake. A second, stronger, volley slammed into the ceiling, and the white cream rained onto my desk. I fell back, shot two more loads before I could breathe again.

Bliss sank into my body, and I released a long, contented moan. Savoring.

Several minutes had passed before I realized Tom wasn’t in my arms. I turned over, crawled to the edge of the bed. I saw him sitting on the floor, watching my cum drip from the ceiling. “Tom?”

He turned his head. “Hey.”

“Are you... Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He rubbed his lips with the palm of his hand. “I think you might have bruised my mouth, though.”

Keening softly, I picked him up, cradled him in my arms as we sat on the bed together. “I’m sorry. What you did felt so great. Wasn’t expecting it.”

“Thanks, I think.”

“I’m really sorry, Tom.”

“Stop worrying about it. Could have been worse. You could have knocked out my front teeth.”

The level tone in his voice worried me. “Did you like it this time?”

“Most of it. Everything but getting clocked in the mouth with your dick.”

I was scared to say anything more, so I just held him close.

“Next time I’ll know to jump the hell out of the way when you come,” said Tom.

My chest hitched. “Next time? So you haven’t...” I swallowed. “So you haven’t changed your mind about us?”

“No, haven’t changed my mind.” He slipped his arms around me. “Why would you think that?”

Relieved, I stroked his damp hair. “I don’t know. You sound strange. Sad or something.”

He shook his head against my chest. “Exhausted. You wore me out.”

I smiled, warm with satisfaction. “Having trouble keeping up with me?”

“God, yeah. I’m going to have to change my whole workout regimen—build up my stamina, strength, everything.”

Chuckling, I stretched us out on the mattress, pulled the covers over him. “Maybe you should take your own advice and not change for anybody.”

His mouth crooked as he stared at me with heavy-lidded eyes. “Can I ask you something?”

I glided my thumb over his lips, praying I hadn’t really bruised him. “Sure.”

“Do you always... make so much noise when you have sex?”

My eyebrows lifted. “The growling?”

“And that roar at the end.”

I felt a hot blush rise to my skin. “I-I think it may be a side-effect of the formula. I seem to have a more... primitive disposition now. I can try to stop—”

He gripped my chin in his thumb and forefinger. “Your mind’s still sharp?”

I paused, mentally recited the periodic table of elements. “I think so.”

His hand slipped from my face, dropped to the pillow. “Good. Don’t worry about the noise thing. It fits you.”

Having Tom say these kind of things to me... It made everything worth it. I eased closer, touched my nose to his. “We’re really doing this?”

His voice softened. “We’re really doing this.”

“What... What will we tell Gran? Mom and Dad?”

Tom rolled his eyes. “Now he thinks ahead.”

I tried to laugh, and the sound got stuck in my throat. “I-I’m scared.”

“Don’t be. I’m here.”

I threaded my fingers through his hair, knowing he needed to sleep, but unable to stop talking. “Do you think they’ll forgive us?”

“I hope so.”

Knowing there was nothing else he could say, I let it go, kept stroking his hair.

“Jerry?”

“Yeah, Tom?”

“Your breath really stinks. I don’t think I can sleep like this.”

I burst into laughter, flipped him over and pulled his back against my chest. “How’s that?”

“Feels good.”

I draped my arm over him, hugged him close. His breathing slowed, steadied. I waited until I was sure he was asleep before speaking again.

“Thank you,” I whispered. “I’ll work really hard to deserve you.”

Epilogue

Six years later...

Charlie walked around the livingroom, taking in the faded daisy wallpaper. “This place is great! Are you sure your grandmother’s alright with having the whole band hide out here for a while?”

Tom laughed. “Are you kidding me? She adores Second Circle. Trust me, she would have killed us if we didn’t bring you guys to stay here. Besides, since we added on to the house, we’ve got plenty of room.”

He slid his hands into his pockets. Relaxed. Easy. “Copasetic.”

“Say what?” asked Tom.

He laughed, his brown eyes sparkling. “I’m glad to be here. Jake’s been excited for weeks.”

Smiling, Tom looked down the hall. “What do you suppose is taking them so long?”

“Who knows? He and Jerry are probably bench pressing the van or something.”

Tom snorted into his hand. Nothing got Jerry off like putting his body and strength on display. Not even the accolades he was starting to receive through his budding career as a research scientist. "So when are the rest of the guys coming?"

“Tomorrow. We’re all looking forward to a vacation in the country.”

“Gran is totally in love with Vincent. We’ll have to warn him, because she will try to pinch his ass.”

A smile tugged at Charlie’s lips. “Let’s not. Please. I’d die to see that.”

The thought of the Great Vincent Shaw being chased around the house by an eighty-four year old woman did have a certain appeal. “Yeah, me too.”

Charlie trailed his fingers over an old upright piano. “Is this thing in tune?”

“We had the guy come out yesterday. Wanted everything perfect for you.”

He smiled that dazzling smile of his. “Thanks.”

An unexpected blush colored Tom’s skin, and he dropped his gaze.

The front door flew open, and Tom’s head shot up just in time to see Jerry and Jake run in. Jerry jumped onto Jake’s back as they laughed and wrestled in the hallway.

Tom smiled, excitement and love clutching at his stomach. It had been really tough for a while. Their parents had disowned them, and it had taken Gran three years to get them to accept their sons again. Jerry had taken the separation hardest, so Tom was always thankful to see him laugh. And to see him having so much fun with Jake was a great way to start the summer.

“Jake’s already diggin the country,” said Charlie.

Jake still had the occasional growth spurt, so he stood a head taller than Jerry. But their bodies were very similar—big, hard, powerful beyond comprehension. “I’m glad Jerry has someone he can roughhouse with,” said Tom. “He has to be so careful with me.”

“He likes being careful with you,” said Charlie, his voice gentle.

“Yeah,” Tom said softly. Jerry jumped around to stand in front of Jake, raised his arm. His best friend grabbed his lover’s hand as they tested their strength against each other.

Tom’s eyes rounded as both their energies shot out of their bodies, sweeping into the livingroom. “Oh, shit,” he swore, his knees buckling.

Charlie caught him, helped him to the couch. “Easy.”

He took a deep breath, looked up at him. “How are you still on your feet?” asked Tom, undoing the button at his collar.

Charlie smiled and turned his head, tapped an earphone tucked into his ear. “Music blocks the energy for me.”

He’d forgotten about that. “Don’t suppose it would work for me?”

“Doubt it. It doesn’t even work 100% for the rest of the guys in my band.” Charlie crouched in front of him. “Try thinking of something you’re passionate about.”

The Master’s thesis he was working on came to mind. “Psychology,” he murmured, mentally reviewing his notes. Some of the intensity eased, and he smiled. “Thanks, Charlie.”

He winked. “Anytime.”

Tom shook his head. “You are too cool.”

“You know, I get that a lot.” He rose to his feet. “I don’t see it, though.”

Jake slipped his arms around Charlie, his bright blue eyes curious. “Don’t see what?”

Tom leaned back on the couch, grinned at his friend. “I was just telling Charlie how cool he is around you.”

Jake rolled his eyes. “Oh, he’s not so cool.” He pulled the earphone out. “See?”

Charlie sucked in his breath, pressed himself into Jake’s body.

Tom laughed.

“You’re cute when you laugh,” said Jerry, kneeling by the arm of the couch.

He turned his head, his lips parting when he felt Jerry’s arousal envelop him. “Y-You think so?”

A low growl flowed out of him, and his hand shot out, grabbing Tom’s shirt and dragging him close. Jerry crushed their mouths together, dominating, drinking deep. Tom closed his eyes.

And let Jerry catch him.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; September 18th, 2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spoiler warning
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM

First-- Yep, changed Jerry to a twin. It's not a typo. Reason? Much too long to go into here. lol.

Second-- This is not an official part of the Flow trilogy. It's something I did because I wanted to have some fun. Consider it... fan-fiction. It just so happens that I'm also the writer of the original story.

Third-- Did you like it?

-- Rowan
ps: I'm holding a drawing for a new story of mine that's coming out December first. Details are on my site, and if it sounds interesting, I hope you enter. The first installment of the new series doesn't have any muscle growth, but the second one will.

Sorry for the shameless plug. lol.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #3   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:23 AM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
First-- Yep, changed Jerry to a twin. It's not a typo. Reason? Much too long to go into here. lol.

Second-- This is not an official part of the Flow trilogy. It's something I did because I wanted to have some fun. Consider it... fan-fiction. It just so happens that I'm also the writer of the original story.

Third-- Did you like it?
First, I thought something was off but just let it slip. Continuity is a a pillar of writing but since this is fiction things have a way of seamlessly working. Wish people understood that when writing or speaking on matters of historical fact. Hisotry is not fiction to be written to suit your needs...we call that propaganda!

Second, what ever did you do with SHARP? I was getting attached to that one.

Third, do you even have to ask?
  #4   Add to Braun1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Braun1
Send a message via ICQ to Braun1 Send a message via Yahoo to Braun1
As a fan of Flow, I enjoyed it, but it really does stand on it's own. The fact that Jerry is a genius, lets open the possibility that he came up with the 'formula' on his own. Tom could have been talking with almost any couple that he trusted for advice. Just because Jake and Charlie experienced a similar situation, doesn't mean that these themes do not run through many relationships. Trust, honest, communication, etc... belong in all relationships regardless of fantasy or size, if the relationship is going to work. And this story certainly does work on so many levels.

Thanks, Rowan, for another wonderful story. You can become inspired any time that you like. You have the complete permission of every one of your readers. LOL.

Thanks again,

aka Braun1
  #5   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM

mlbjock
Send a message via AIM to mlbjock Send a message via Yahoo to mlbjock
Personally I thought it was awesome. And would love to see the interviening years developed a little futher, but that's just me. Either way, thanks for another very hot story.

-- Shawn
  #6   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Keeping the old flames burning huh?

Very nice of you to revisit Flow's character.

First - Awesome story, loved the way you changed Jerry into a twin, screw up genetics I loved the final result. The growth on him was just one of the best scenes, and I dare to say that it rivals Jake and Charlie's final confrontation.

Second - You did really expressed the "Cat and Mouse" feeling - the whole time brothers went from attacking to defending themselves from their own feelings.

and Last but bot least - I just thought it was really wonderful the way you brought back Jake and Charlie, especially because you set a whole world around them that still evolves with time.

Congratulations - Whatever you decide to write, I know I'll love it.

Take care
  #7   Add to BlitzK's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM

BlitzK is on a distinguished road
Absolutely fantastic! Definitely one of the best stories I can recall reading in a while. I've never read "Flow" (but now I'll definitely have to seek it out), and I thought it stood just fine by itself. Your grasp of emotions is wonderful, and I especially enjoyed the whole role reversal. I only wish I could write with your flair. Please, please, keep stuff coming.
  #8   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Cool story, with a happy ending that was was a bit of a suprise to me... I lean a bit toward Twilight Zone and Outer Limits so the "Jeckle and Hyde", "Be careful what you wish for..." and "Gift of the Maji" themes made it look to be a slam dunk that Jerry would end up losing everything... his brains and his brother... It wouldn't really fit the Rowan style but I can imagine a spin off as Jerry's formula returning with good or bad results...

Great to see you writting again... I hope you will consider continuing "Saved" the dynamic you set up between Gab, Azra, and Tristan is really great, I and I think most if not all of us would really like to see what becomes of it....

Ender

PS Jake and Jerry becaming pals and workout buddies is a great touch... Jerry gets a live outside of books...
  #9   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Very nice, Rowan! Many thanks!

xoxo

Richard
  #10   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Awesome story....despite the gay content (lol, i know, i know...scold me later) you always know how to weave your story magic. Rowan, you a true master of your craft. Keep the stories coming... and maybe get around to Davey's Destiny when you can .
  #11   Add to JockStudBoy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:00 PM

JockStudBoy
Thanks for the Story!

In addition to all of the other wonderful things that happened on Tuesday we were treated to another wonderful story. Very nice interlacing from "Flow" and it was a great treat to revisit some of the characters. It was also a nice image and treat for Jerry and Jake to rough house together....GRRRR.
  #12   Add to More2048's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM

More2048 is on a distinguished road
i havent read the flow series, but even so i caught most of this. you really are a tallented writer.
  #13   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
ah, {still misses "Jonah's Giant"} noice
1) k
2) k
3) um'k ;p

Thanks for another astounding story; that growth scene took my breath away.
~CP

Things happen.
  #14   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Over here that's called incest... but... oh well :/
  #15   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Well...

Yes it could be call incest... but like most taboos there was a valid reason for the prohibition... In the context of a gay relationship however the reasoning for th taboo is not present...

The incest taboo came into being because inbreeding wll tend to amplify the effects of defective genes and the offspring would be more likely to be in some way "defective"...

Since there is virtually no chance that sex between consenting gay couples will result in a pregnacy (especially between two guys) there is no valid reason for the taboo...

On the other hand the question of consent is the real issue here and although the brothers did reach an understanding and mutual consent... This was not present in their first encounter, and Jerry did rape Tom... part by force and part by emotional backmail....

Yeah, I think too much about these stories...

Ender
  #16   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting this Rowan. Great to read another finished story from you, all posted in one go too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj.
What's the deal with the redundant comment? It's not like it serves any purpose. And it's not as if the story was written purely so the characters could just 'fall into bed' with each other: the 'incest' (technically it's not incest) is incidental to the story. You seem jealous.
  #17   Add to nvb2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:56 PM

nvb2 is on a distinguished road
*delurks*

I read the story yesterday, but I thought I'd post my funny story. So, I see the story and say to myself, "Cat and Mouse; that sounds interesting." I read and read, and finally, after having already read Jake half a dozen times, then seeing Charlie and finally, Vincent Shaw, I was thinking, "What the crap, is this Rowan!?" So I pause my reading, scroll up, and sure enough it was! I got excited...or wait, was I already? Good read as usual, Rowan. Thanks!
  #18   Add to Canus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:16 AM

Canus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Canus
Realy love this story and it just right whit everything (size, storyline). Wonderfull.
  #19   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Thinking too much again...

In fairness to Jerry, from his point of view the Rape aspect was not intended... Although very smart Jerry is emotionally very immature...

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry had Asperger Syndrome... (sometimes called "NERD Syndrome") Very bright, limited interests, not understanding social queues that are instintive to more people, thinking that other people all have access to the same view of the world that they hold, poor impluse control, wanting to belong but never being able to fit in with peers...

Jerry truly believed that Tom would want him as much as he wanted his "big brother" if he were more Jake-like... And Jerry was rebelling against the "kid brother" role that Tom had place on Jerry to protect him from a world that didn't understand Jerry's strengths and weaknesses...

In context Jerry and Jake are very similar as are Charlie and Tom

Ender
  #20   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Whew! That was an amazing story, Rowan!

It was eerie how easily I slipped into a rhythm reading this story. All of your stories have a style that I find so readable. Even though this story wasn't very long, it did have an immense depth.

Thanks so very much for all of your stories.
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #21   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior

What's the deal with the redundant comment? It's not like it serves any purpose. And it's not as if the story was written purely so the characters could just 'fall into bed' with each other: the 'incest' (technically it's not incest) is incidental to the story. You seem jealous.
Its purpose was to make people think about what they just read.
I don't see how this is incidental to the story (it basically revolves around the sexual relationship between brothers!), and I doubt two members of the same family have ever 'fallen into bed' just like that, so your logic certainly isn't logical to me.

I agree that the taboo is there to reduce the risk of having a child with defective genes, but even in this case it's having a sexual relationship with a sibling. I don't know, but I have a friend that I've known all my life, and I don't think it's possible for me to fall in love with him. Same for my brother. How do you fall in love with someone after having known him for so many years? Hey, it's probably possible ('cause what isn't?), but I find it hard to imagine.

Although it is true that you look for someone with similar facial features to your own... Big chance if you have the same parents!

Oh, and... jealous? You've drawn conclusions out of your own conclusions! I never said it was badly written even though it clearly isn't (that would be a possible act of jealousy), but I just think the situation is rather awkward. Probably because I have a brother (who is in fact homosexual).
  #22   Add to bulknola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM

bulknola is on a distinguished road
I thought this was a great story. Of course the entry of Jerry in Flow was curious to me, and Tom was always kind of more mature than Jake both mentally and emotionally. Although I was half-way through the story too before I got that this was an off-shoot of Flow.

The Asperger Syndrome (AS) is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if I agree that it fits Jerry. Isn't AS related to autism? Now Jonah definitely strikes me as autistic, but Jerry? Well the Jerry in Boston Legal is supposed to have AS. When we first were introduced to the brothers in Flow I thought more about the movie Lucas with Charlie Sheen and Corey Haim and those personalities being Tom and Jerry respectively. That dynamic seems more like Rowan's style given the interactions in his other stories to me.

Anyways, I liked it . . . I'll gladly take more stories of Tom and Jerry, Jake and Charlie anyday . . .
  #23   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

It takes one to know one?

Well, there is debate as to whether Asperger Syndrome is a form of Autism or a related but seperate "disorder"... Autism (proper) generally displays some level of mental retardation, but Aperger's generally displays average to high IQ scores... both share other features, difficulty forming understanding social orders and making peer bonds. Sentitivity to disorder in the world and perfering to live in their own private world... The high intellect of Aspies tend to allow many of them to find ways to mask their problems... For most "normal" people being social in instintive, but Aspies have to learn how to fake it... and many do a very good job at it... Although AS has only become a "popular" diagnosis in the last ten years it has been around forever... they were geneerally refered to as excentic... some likely Aspies from the past include Issac Newton and Albert Einstien... My impression of Jerry says that's a pretty good match...

Gabriel (in Saved) sort of fits here too I think... Aspies are frequenty badly bullied and once in a while they will lash out at their tormenters...

Ender

Last edited by Ender; November 16th, 2006 at 07:23 AM.
  #24   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:54 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj.
Its purpose was to make people think about what they just read.
I don't see how this is incidental to the story (it basically revolves around the sexual relationship between brothers!), and I doubt two members of the same family have ever 'fallen into bed' just like that, so your logic certainly isn't logical to me.

I agree that the taboo is there to reduce the risk of having a child with defective genes, but even in this case it's having a sexual relationship with a sibling. I don't know, but I have a friend that I've known all my life, and I don't think it's possible for me to fall in love with him. Same for my brother. How do you fall in love with someone after having known him for so many years? Hey, it's probably possible ('cause what isn't?), but I find it hard to imagine.

Although it is true that you look for someone with similar facial features to your own... Big chance if you have the same parents!

Oh, and... jealous? You've drawn conclusions out of your own conclusions! I never said it was badly written even though it clearly isn't (that would be a possible act of jealousy), but I just think the situation is rather awkward. Probably because I have a brother (who is in fact homosexual).
You didn't like the story because of the incest theme. You're absolutely entitled to feel that way, and you have the right to voice your opinion as well. But please, bear in mind that this subject happens to be very popular among the erotica gender - not just gay but straight as well. In fact, much time before Rowan even posted "Flow" there was stories with a more strict appeal to the incestual relationship. Fathers and sons, brothers, uncles and all kind of realtives. If you are displeased with the theme, you can voice your opinion, in any case, this won't be the last story about two brothers getting sexually involved.

It's like I've been telling Rowan lately - his stories are so strong, so powerfully written it's just impossible to remain aloof. Even if you don't like it, because so many people adored, sometimes you just feel like you have to tell something, the story drags an opinion from us, even though it's not a good one, like, unfortunatelly, has been nj's case.

Well, notice that I've grown wiser and am not trying to attack anyone nor any preferences at all. I just think we should avoid minor discussions and stick to what really brings us together : male muscle growth ficction.

Take care
  #25   Add to DracoOfZeradait's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
The Golden God

DracoOfZeradait is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DracoOfZeradait Send a message via AIM to DracoOfZeradait Send a message via MSN to DracoOfZeradait Send a message via Yahoo to DracoOfZeradait Send a message via Skype™ to DracoOfZeradait
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
You didn't like the story because of the incest theme. You're absolutely entitled to feel that way, and you have the right to voice your opinion as well. But please, bear in mind that this subject happens to be very popular among the erotica gender - not just gay but straight as well. In fact, much time before Rowan even posted "Flow" there was stories with a more strict appeal to the incestual relationship. Fathers and sons, brothers, uncles and all kind of realtives. If you are displeased with the theme, you can voice your opinion, in any case, this won't be the last story about two brothers getting sexually involved.

It's like I've been telling Rowan lately - his stories are so strong, so powerfully written it's just impossible to remain aloof. Even if you don't like it, because so many people adored, sometimes you just feel like you have to tell something, the story drags an opinion from us, even though it's not a good one, like, unfortunatelly, has been nj's case.

Well, notice that I've grown wiser and am not trying to attack anyone nor any preferences at all. I just think we should avoid minor discussions and stick to what really brings us together : male muscle growth ficction.

Take care
I totally agree with nearly everything you mentioned here... heh. I am not particularly fond of scenes involving two family members gettin' it on (partly because I live in Kentucky, where it's been said that your brother may be paying you child support one day), this story held my interest through to the end. I read Flow in its entirety as it was posted to the boards many moons ago as well. Rowan just has that natural ability to engross you in a story, regardless of its themes. I'd wager he's a lot like the characters in Flow in that case... how he can make you forget everything else and focus on the story's deepest, most central themes.

Rowan, excellent job as always, man. Keep it up.

-Draco
  #26   Add to innocence's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2006, 06:28 AM

innocence is on a distinguished road
Thankyou for that. A beautiful story, more than just the sex. The characters seemed real and their relationships were wonderfully developed.
  #27   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Exactly...

Stories from Rowan and a relatively small number of authors here (I like to believe I'm in that group) are really about the relationships between and feelings of the characters. The muscle growth and sex are really just vehicles, framework to support the Characters to exist and interact...

Personally I read the sex as a expression of love and caring between the characters. An I generally just skim over them...

Ender
  #28   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex414
Second, what ever did you do with SHARP? I was getting attached to that one.
Ohhhh. I guess I forgot to mention that I don't plan to write Sharp as a serial, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun1
Thanks, Rowan, for another wonderful story. You can become inspired any time that you like. You have the complete permission of every one of your readers. LOL.
Haha. Well, it's good to have permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbjock
Personally I thought it was awesome.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
Second - You did really expressed the "Cat and Mouse" feeling - the whole time brothers went from attacking to defending themselves from their own feelings.
The chase was a lot of fun to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzK
I've never read "Flow" (but now I'll definitely have to seek it out), and I thought it stood just fine by itself.
That's good. It was hard to tell whether the story could really stand alone, since I wrote the first story. I'm glad it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
Jake and Jerry becaming pals and workout buddies is a great touch...
Wasn't that fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
Very nice, Rowan! Many thanks!
Thank you for reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2
Rowan, you a true master of your craft.
Wouldn't say 'master.' Got a long way to go, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockStudBoy
Very nice interlacing from "Flow" and it was a great treat to revisit some of the characters.
Oh, it was a treat for me too, believe me. I'd forgotten how much I loved those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by More2048
i havent read the flow series, but even so i caught most of this. you really are a tallented writer.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexiscriptor
Thanks for another astounding story; that growth scene took my breath away.
I think that one might be one of the best I've written, so I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj.
Yeah... I sorta already knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior
Thanks for posting this Rowan. Great to read another finished story from you, all posted in one go too!
Yes! Finishing is GOOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvb2
I read the story yesterday, but I thought I'd post my funny story. So, I see the story and say to myself, "Cat and Mouse; that sounds interesting." I read and read, and finally, after having already read Jake half a dozen times, then seeing Charlie and finally, Vincent Shaw, I was thinking, "What the crap, is this Rowan!?" So I pause my reading, scroll up, and sure enough it was!
haha. I tried to circumvent confusion by putting the note at the top. Maybe I should have used a bigger font?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canus
Realy love this story and it just right whit everything (size, storyline). Wonderfull.
Thanks, Canus.

Quote:
n context Jerry and Jake are very similar as are Charlie and Tom
It was great to write parallels in the characters, as well as the differences. I really liked exploring how a different pair of brothers would respond to a situation similar to what Charlie and Jake went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieJvilleNC
It was eerie how easily I slipped into a rhythm reading this story. All of your stories have a style that I find so readable.
That's what I strive for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj.
How do you fall in love with someone after having known him for so many years? Hey, it's probably possible ('cause what isn't?), but I find it hard to imagine.
It happens. Believe me, I know from personal experience. lol. (the life long friend thing, not the brother thing.)

Also, I think in many respects, Charlie and Jake were closer than Tom and Jerry. After all, the first pair lived in the same house, while the second were in separate towns. It was another interesting concept to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulknola
I thought this was a great story. Of course the entry of Jerry in Flow was curious to me, and Tom was always kind of more mature than Jake both mentally and emotionally. Although I was half-way through the story too before I got that this was an off-shoot of Flow.
hmmm, maybe I DO need a bigger font for the note at the beginning. lol. But I'm glad you liked the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoOfZeradait
I read Flow in its entirety as it was posted to the boards many moons ago as well. Rowan just has that natural ability to engross you in a story, regardless of its themes. I'd wager he's a lot like the characters in Flow in that case... how he can make you forget everything else and focus on the story's deepest, most central themes.
Wow, thanks for the fantastic compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocence
A beautiful story, more than just the sex. The characters seemed real and their relationships were wonderfully developed.
It's always a challenge to develop characters in a short story. I'm glad that Tom and Jerry seemed to have achieved a good amount of depth.

Quote:
Personally I read the sex as a expression of love and caring between the characters. An I generally just skim over them...
You skim over the sex scenes?!?? Ack! Sex scenes are the absolute {ahem} hardest for me to write. I actually despise writing them, but I generally like how they turn out, and I love reading well written scenes from other authors. There's definitely an art to creating a good one, and I'm nowhere near the point where I can write those things easily.

Thanks to everyone who read this story. I had an unbelievably fun time visiting the Flow world again, and these brothers' story had been knocking around in my head for a while. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

-- Rowan

-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; February 22nd, 2009 at 04:01 AM.
  #29   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
You skim over the sex scenes?!?? Ack! Sex scenes are the absolute {ahem} hardest for me to write. I actually despise writing them, but I generally like how they turn out, and I love reading well written scenes from other authors. There's definitely an art to creating a good one, and I'm nowhere near the point where I can write those things easily.
Actually I like your sex sences... there's a lot of caring in them, what I like to beleve sex should be... not just the overly detailed "slam... bam... beat it man... (as opposed the clique "thank you mame") in a otherstories...

Ender
  #30   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:40 PM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
You may have said
Quote:
Ohhhh. I guess I forgot to mention that I don't plan to write Sharp as a serial, huh?

But you did allude to Sharp being a sequel. The first of what I thought was many a chapter to come...*ahem*. P.S. I'm scary when it comes to researching.
Quote:
I’d also like to let you know that Flow is a trilogy. The plan is to follow the band over the course of 5 years. Although it’s going to be a long while before I get to writing the second installment, I couldn’t help myself and did write the first chapter to ‘Sharp.’ (Gee, I wonder whose story I’m telling in that one?) Would you guys be interested in a sneak preview?
  #31   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Actually I like your sex sences... there's a lot of caring in them, what I like to beleve sex should be... not just the overly detailed "slam... bam... beat it man... (as opposed the clique "thank you mame") in a otherstories...

Ender
lol. Thanks, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex414
But you did allude to Sharp being a sequel. The first of what I thought was many a chapter to come...*ahem*. P.S. I'm scary when it comes to researching.
Yes, Sharp will be a sequel. And the third installment will be called Strings. To be written, eventually. Just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this trilogy. In any case, the individual story in the series is not being posted/published until it's done.

That's the current plan.

-- Rowan

-The Tick
  #32   Add to Impy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Impy is on a distinguished road
I'm going to agree with a lot of the sentiments here and say that this was an amazingly good story and that you really have a gift for making characters one feels compelled to care about. I'm also one of the Eeeeh... with that incest scene but I found myself not caring with this story. The growth was great and it veered from the usual (*Gruntgruntsuckmymusclecockyougaygayhomofagomg*) That I just personally can't stand. Fantastic writing and great dialogue! Thank you so much.
  #33   Add to thrae218's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:17 AM

thrae218 is on a distinguished road
this isn't meant to be a bump, but I gotta say this was one amazing story. I really enjoyed "Flow" way back when, and this one was just as amazingly enrapturing.
  #34   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrae218
this isn't meant to be a bump, but I gotta say this was one amazing story. I really enjoyed "Flow" way back when, and this one was just as amazingly enrapturing.
bump !
  #35   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrae218
Aw, thanks! Aren't you just the most adorable thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
bump !
And *you* just crack me up. lol.

-- Rowan

-The Tick

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options