The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to JMH02003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:52 PM

JMH02003
Lazy? Want to be big?

Back on the topic of hypnosis. warpmymind.com has just posted a new file "TrainBodybuild." Just the kind of prompt for us lazier fellas. There's a hitch though. I think that if you've ever debated using steroids but decided that it was too unhealthy, you may start taking them for results. use the file at your own risk.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2003, 12:41 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
A link

For your convenience here is a direct link to the "TrainBodybuild" file

http://www.warpmymind.com/mp3s/TrainBodyBuilder.mp3

And the other "TrigMass" file

http://www.warpmymind.com/mp3s/TrigMass.mp3
  #3   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2003, 12:42 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
Re: Lazy? Want to be big?

Quote:
Originally posted by JMH02003
There's a hitch though. I think that if you've ever debated using steroids but decided that it was too unhealthy, you may start taking them for results. use the file at your own risk.
Hehe, well let me know how your first cycle goes JMH
  #4   Add to JMH02003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2003, 06:13 AM

JMH02003
Certainly I will, I've started listening to the file with my others.

Oh, about the steroids part. The file doesn't tell you to take them if that's a concern. It brings out the part of you that will do anything to be a bodybuilder, which might have the attitude of trying anything.
  #5   Add to Phlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2003, 04:53 PM

Phlex
I Don't Get It

If it were possible to increase motivation and concentration during workouts and the like by listening to files like this, it would be great (and if it were, I can think of more productive suggestions that I would put in the file); but I guess my mind doesn't work the right way. Even if I listen when I'm ready to drop off to sleep anyway, I don't experience any kind of 'altered state' other than the same sort of mind wandering that always happens as I doze off over a book or whatever.

Am I missing the point here somehow?
  #6   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2003, 05:48 PM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
not so much

Hey all,

I had a quick listen to this file as well, 'cause I've always been interested in hypnosis as a way to tap deeper parts of one's self for motivation, but I can't say it sounded all that useful to me.

It seems like it might be a useful file if the listener was someone who was not already an avid lifter. But the directives -- you will buy a gym membership, you will start training regularly, you will listen to your trainers, you will work hard -- were pretty unnecessary for those of us who are already doing those things.

What's more, some of the directives -- you will train every day and not miss a day -- seemed counterproductive: if followed, this suggestion would likely just lead to overtraining, even if you do workout different bodyparts each day.

I guess I'd be more interested in a hypnotic session with (or a hypnosis file by) someone whose ideas I respected as a trainer... or who was attempting to help me train HARDER or more intensely, etc...

Ah well. Good to know it's out there, I suppose...

-- J.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~massingUP
  #7   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 9th, 2003, 07:10 AM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
the other file

The other file, which hypnotizes you to believe you are growing, was semi effective for me.... it made me get really, really boned. I sort of fell into a really relaxed state. I could feel my clothes tighter on my body, and felt this kind of tingling...... I know it's all suggestion.... but it's very erotic.... and I find it motivational too, to some extent.

Maybe someone should ask the hypnotist to create an advanced file for all you BIG BOYS.... one which instills you with SUPER ATTITUDE and extra discipline, as well as releasing more testosterone in your body....
  #8   Add to JMH02003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 9th, 2003, 11:44 AM

JMH02003
Well, it is directed at those of us that promise to get a gym membership, but instead do some rigorous thumb excercises changing the TV station. I've been listening to the file, but no luck yet.

Polo is talking about TRIGMASS, which was a suggestion I had thought up one day. EMG was nice enough to make it and distribute it to the public after someone paid to buy it. The file, if learned, works great. It makes you look larger, feel larger, pretty much as big as you can imagine, but only the listener can see it. No one else would see it.
  #9   Add to Phlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 9th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Phlex
For Whatever It's Worth

There is another file there called WeightTraining.mp3, which has a somewhat better set of suggestions. I can still think of improvements that could be made, notably the acknowledgement of rest days (using those days for visualization of growing and recovery might be productive).

But for me, I guess it's going to remain a theoretical exercise. Maybe I'm one of those people who are unhypnotizable, but the inductions (which, by the way, partly involve very good relaxation techniques, some of which I have used myself over the years) do not cause me to feel more suggestible or 'obedient' or anything of the sort. Since they are good relaxations before bedtime, I have tried them more than once, and feel I have given it a fair chance. Rather disappinting, actually.
  #10   Add to bgray20041986's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2004, 12:59 PM

bgray20041986 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to bgray20041986
I've tried the hypnosis a few times and I really don't see any changes.
  #11   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2004, 04:11 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Because of security, Flex's links don't seem to work (at least for me). I suggest going there, click "Enter", click, "MindWarp Files", click "self Help", scroll down to trainbodybulid.mp3.

Different people have different susceptibility to hypnosis, and different kinds of suggestions. I won't criticize the files since this guy posts them on his own dime.
  #12   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:46 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Big?Want to be lazy?

"earn big money flat on your back!"oops,off-thread.the best instruction i ever read about auto-suggestion was in a book about faith-healing.f'rinstance:"imagine you're in a green valley...if you can't imagine it,imagine what it would be like if you COULD imagine it!"in other words,however deep your fantasy is;it's good enough!it's the continued effort that yields results,not the depth of your"trance".it is,however,time-consuming;so i'd save it for special occasions.
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:58 PM

Earn big money lying on your back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...in other words,however deep your fantasy is;it's good enough!it's the continued effort that yields results,not the depth of your"trance"...
Like everything else worth doing (workingout), you just have to do it again, and again, and again. I think of it as reading a really long book, and each workout is a page. You have to read one, then another, then another... until you reach your goal. It takes a long time, and a lot of work, but is anything in life that is worth it ever easy? So I imagine that it is the same with the hypnosis: you get out of it what you put into it. That said, different people have different susceptibility to hypnosis.
  #14   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Excellent example by Brent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Like everything else worth doing (workingout), you just have to do it again, and again, and again.

I think of it as reading a really long book, and each workout is a page. You have to read one, then another, then another... until you reach your goal.

It takes a long time, and a lot of work, but is anything in life that is worth it ever easy? .

Brent,

The above statement is the BEST one I have ever read about bodybuilding!! Since I LOVE to read (it's my favorite leisure activity) this example really makes a lot of sense to me!

I'm cutting this out and putting it on my wall along with the other inspiring sayings and pix (Mike Mentzer standing relaxed poster--that's inspiring!!!)

Goethe: "Act like you want to become"

[Pardon me for getting off the hypnosis thread here, but I just had to compliment Brent on a very insightful (to me ) remark. Now back to our thread...}

RE: hypnosis. I've heard it said that it won't/doesn't work on people unless they want it to work. If it helps your motivation, even in your fantasies, I'm all for it.

Personally, some of the fiction on this thread is VERY inspiring--particularly the stories about the psychological processes behind muscle growth and training, such as anything by Absman420, "Teen Cousins" (yeah, the protagonist is a dick, but the author really captures the excitement of gradually achieving your dreams of getting huge and beating up your tormentors) and "Symmetry".

Also, many of the personal stories on this thread are very motivating--the summer growth challenge (Brent again) Flexodus (the before and after pix) BuffDoc, MassingUP, MuscleD2000, and many others.

YOU'RE the inspiration, guys!

Mdlftr

Mdlftr
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2004, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr
Brent,

The above statement is the BEST one I have ever read about bodybuilding!! Since I LOVE to read (it's my favorite leisure activity) this example really makes a lot of sense to me!

I'm cutting this out and putting it on my wall along with the other inspiring sayings and pix (Mike Mentzer standing relaxed poster--that's inspiring!!!)
Wow, thank you very much. I think of that theory as the only great thought that I have uniquely come up with. I also love to read, but I am sort of slow at it. I had an awful time getting through the Lord of the Rings series, and that's when the thought entered my mind. Each page I flipped didn't individually add much to the stack of pages read, but together, all the page I read were enough to encourage me to keep going. Just like I can't tell the difference of one workout, but together, my workouts have yielded results that I am very pleased with.

Quote:
Goethe: "Act like you want to become"
Thank you, that's a really great quote too. I have tried that, but never really put it to words.

Quote:
[Pardon me for getting off the hypnosis thread here, but I just had to compliment Brent on a very insightful (to me ) remark. Now back to our thread...}
Wow, thank you so much! I am glad that someone reads and likes my posts. Also, please note that I am narcissistic enough to think that it's OK for a thread to go aff topic, if that detour is about me! (I'm joking ...maybe.)

Quote:
Also, many of the personal stories on this thread are very motivating--the summer growth challenge (Brent again) Flexodus (the before and after pix) BuffDoc, MassingUP, MuscleD2000, and many others.
you had better add optimusx to that list...
  #16   Add to Bazorba's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Bazorba
Send a message via AIM to Bazorba Send a message via MSN to Bazorba Send a message via Yahoo to Bazorba
I have listened to this file before, and I am not a big fan of it because sometimes it makes me want to give him a left hook to the jaw (don't know why, it just does).

I found something better. It costs a little money, but not a whole lot, and you can choose the format to fit your life. It's a cd from deeptrancenow.com and it's called "Grow Muscles". There is no reference to working out on this thing, because it is assumed you are doing it already, this cd is just a tool to help you reach your goal faster. The suggestions is does have are things such as:
  • you will grow more muscular every day
  • your muscles will grow as big as you desire them to be
  • it clears all obstacles to growth from your mind and body

I can't afford a gym membership right now (give me a couple weeks though and I will) so it's not all that effective on me. I have had times where I feel as though my muscles are expanding and all that jazz, but it's probably just the energy running through me.

There are three formates (all on cd):
  • Subliminal - Can listen to it anywhere
  • Supraliminal - Same as subliminal, but reportedly equivalent to blasting 100 dB to your subconcious
  • Hypnosis - Probably the most effectve, but sometimes least convenient

She also has a lot of other very interesting cds, and nothing really as screwed up as on warpmymind.com.

It is based in Toronto, and for those in Canada, you can pay in Canadian funds, but if you pay through Paypal, it's in US funds (shipping is more expensive too)

The link is http://www.deeptrancenow.com

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options