The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas Got a great idea for a muscle growth story or want to share some of your growth fantasies? Post them here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:54 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
The Reluctant Muscleman

I think there have been stories like this before but I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a story like this: A guy somehow grows, either instantaneously or over time, but DOESN'T want it at all. Muscl4Life's Civil Action explores this to a point but the muscle monster in it has a sort of duality with the growth. I'm just curious to see what a writer could do with someone who is completely unhappy being a giant . . . at least in the beginning.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Well Bruce Banner and the Hulk is sort of a reluctant muscle man but there is that jeckle/hyde dualaity thing... Since I think the qperative concept here is strength more that size I will bring in some sort of off topic characters DarkMan... he can't feel the feed back from his body self defefence system so he can push himself beyond the limit... RoboCop and the Universal Soldier (and others in this gendre) None of them ask to wake as the Hulk...

And a different twist was the series ? "Now and Then" ? ("Now and Again")...

Over-weight middle-iaged insurance executive (John Goodman) gets fired and then falls under a subway train on the way home... has a weird dream where someone offers him a chance to live if he accepts and then wakes up to find that his brain has been transplanted into a geneticly perfect, virtually intdestructible super strong synthatic body that looks like an incrediblely cute and horse hung 25 yo guy but he can have no contact with the outside world...

Ender

Last edited by Ender; February 13th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
  #3   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
R O C K S T A R

Hmm, of all the ones you mention its the sudden type of change. Darkman and RoboCop both involve not so fun transformations. DarkMan has no skin (eww!) and RoboCop is cyborg with no penis (HORROR!)

However, in the Hulk's case he changes back and forth, which is hot to me since I'm more into the Hulk's transformation than the Hulk himself. Somewhere along the Hulk's way he experienced a sort of secondary transformation where Banner, upon reverting, found himself in a more athletic and buff version of his natural body. I believe this has stayed although I don't see it as much more than an easy out for artists who aren't so good at non atheletes. (Not that I'd ever complain about an overabundance of handsome men in comics! Never!)

And "Now and Again" features Goodman's character being put into a completely different body. Even if I were given the body of Adonis I wouldn't be happy if no one could still see that it was me in that body. Oh, and that thing about being separated from the rest of the world would kinda suck too.

I think the story that best captures my take on the subject comes from the recent run of She-Hulk (No, I'm not into musclewomen, but it is the only comic I am reading every month right now.) One of the first cases She-Hulk takes on when she becomes an attorney at her new firm is that of Dan Jermain or Danger Man, a guy who falls into the usual radioactive soup only to emerge as a muscle giant chock full of fun powers--except that he's not at all happy with them. Instead he feels horribly out of place. He doesn't know how to control his strength and nearly loses his wife and child because of this. He even tries to commit suicide but She-Hulk calms him down and later figures out a plan to win Dan's lawsuit and help him get therapy to rid him of his powers.

I truly hope that, since Dan has never been again without powers, he comes back, still muscled up and super powered, still reluctant about such things, but able to make an impact on the Marvel Universe, but that's besides the point. I'd like to see someone do a story along similar lines: a guy turns into a muscle stud but doesn't like it. However, I think it would be interesting to see him come to enjoy his body over time. FanTCMan is especially good at telling the story of regular guys who are forced into being supersexed muscle monsters but his transformations involve both mind and body changing at the same time. Sometimes the mind even changes before the actual physical transformation is even induced.

I think it would be cool to see a guy whose body changes but who has to be helped into accepting the transformation. Not through hypnosis or some other kind of mental control but through something more romantic perhaps? John Doe wakes up with the body of Atlas but all of the world's weight rests on his heart until a shy muscle worshipper awakens him to the beauty and power he so suddenly possesses. Something like that. It could be fun and different. The more I think about it the more I think that I've seen stories like this already. Perhaps something Rowan has done?
  #4   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Actually the "Now and Again" seniero doesn't sound that bad. "Michael Newman's" life as conceived by his controllers is only a bit more restrictive than my lab rat existance... but I don't blindly obey orders well... I would like a bit more privaticy but if I was Adonis incarnate I think I could adjust... To spend all my time developing and tuning my body and mind to do a special mission now and then sounds pretty good...

As far a Bruce Banner and Peter Parker getting buff over the years I always chalked that up to poor continnuity editing... As the storys were first setup parker and banner were to stay nerdy little geeks... but the artist generally draw muscular guys (not Archie and Jughead) and over time muscle leaked into Banner and Parker's true identities. An when it was noticed it was too late to ease it back out... so the just wrote it in the the store...

Ender
  #5   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Ah, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to advertise myself or anything, but my story, Inner Demon, features a guy who's super huge in every way, but hates himself because of it, among other things. I know I haven't been posted the next installment in awhile, but I'm almost done with it if you like to check it out.
  #6   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
As far a Bruce Banner and Peter Parker getting buff over the years I always chalked that up to poor continnuity editing... As the storys were first setup parker and banner were to stay nerdy little geeks... but the artist generally draw muscular guys (not Archie and Jughead) and over time muscle leaked into Banner and Parker's true identities. An when it was noticed it was too late to ease it back out... so the just wrote it in the the store...
For Bruce Banner I agree, but Peter Parker's body is more a matter of the artists preference than with Banner. Peter is supposted to be a lithe guy and most of the artists follow this although it seems that as Parker has grown up, so have his muscles. Banner, however, seems like a character that should be distinctly unmuscular so as to make the Hulk look even more impressive (and to make those transformations hotter. ) But, while I've seen the panels where the Incredible Hulk reverts back only to find he's become the Incredible Hunk, I think even that has to do with artists who aren't flexible enough to draw any body other than that of a stock superhero.
  #7   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:50 AM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkage
Ah, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to advertise myself or anything, but my story, Inner Demon, features a guy who's super huge in every way, but hates himself because of it, among other things. I know I haven't been posted the next installment in awhile, but I'm almost done with it if you like to check it out.
Yeah, I thought about putting it in my list but it seems that Kou is reluctant about his oniness (is that a word?) rather than being a super hunk. But you're the author so if you say he's a reluctant muscleman then Kou is a reluctant muscleman. And the story is quite romantic as I've mentioned before. It's a good change of pace from the usual fuck-n-grow stories.
  #8   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:11 AM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Well, I really like Muscl4Life's Civil Action, and it displays a good example of a somewhat reluctant muscleman. It also shows how someone is torn between wanting to be normal and wanting to be huge and strong. Though, if I were him, I'd pick huge muscle monster anytime
  #9   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

That's right... Kou had slipped off my radar, since there hadn't been an updat from that universe for a while...

Actually most of the "forced" transformation (Jim's Shot, Muscleboy, and a lot of Onix's stuff, Devolution, The Jocking, High School Development ) are reluctant at least until their minds get restructed to be the over sexed "dumb jock" muscle beasts their bodies have become... There are exceptions but not many...

Ender
  #10   Add to nightwolf285's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM

nightwolf285 is on a distinguished road
I have to say, there is something oddly intreging about forced growth in MG stories. Something about receiving all this power and them not wanting it or even fighting it while it happens is not only a great angle to take a story, but is actually kind of hot under the right circumstances.

I know there are a few stories out there where when the main character is growing, they are like, "No!" or "I don't want this." I think it is the contrast of them being helpless to stop their growth, but as this large muscular figure, they have all this physical strength.

At any rate, I like it.
  #11   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:58 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Yes... I'm back

Sorry for disappaearing on you guys, but those who know from where I type probably guessed what caused this abscense of mine (what can I say? there's no better time to enjoy the muscle hunks like mardi gras). Anyway, besides my sun burnt skin and a sore body from the partying days and nights, I realized that this forum has been quite busy these days...

As for the "reluctant" aspect on muscle growth stories, I can say that most of writers perfer to use it at the beggining of the tranformation, whether because the character undergoes a forced growth or simply because he rejects the idea of being muscular - eventually he not only gets used but he really enjoys his massive body. This progression is very common on great stories, such as the ones by FanTCdude - the stories where young teenager boys grow into muscle hunk men are really intense, boht physically and mentally.

Someone has mentioned my ongoing story, and I'm proud of that, but I shall remember you that another earlier story of mine named "Bull's strength" featured about a guy who had always been regarded as "monster" because of his growing muscles and he still has very low self-esteem because of that until he finds "mister right" and a few other answers for his mysterious capabilities. I must say that the initial self-rejection about growing muscles can be really really exciting, but to me if the muscle god doesn't feel that way about himself, no matter how many worshippers he's got, he'll never feel pleased.

Anyway, that was just my thoughts -- about my Civil Action story, don't worry I'll be delivering the last chapter in short time, I just need to refill my writing energies after all the excesses of the past days (ooooooooh boy!)

Take care
  #12   Add to no name's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM

no name is on a distinguished road
Conflict

Hey guys,

What I find extremely hot is when the protagonist doesn't want the growth to happen - but at the same time finds himself wanting more. Maybe it's the fact that it's so deliciously irrational...

Cheers,
no name
  #13   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
Someone has mentioned my ongoing story, and I'm proud of that, but I shall remember you that another earlier story of mine named "Bull's strength" featured about a guy who had always been regarded as "monster" because of his growing muscles and he still has very low self-esteem because of that until he finds "mister right" and a few other answers for his mysterious capabilities. I must say that the initial self-rejection about growing muscles can be really really exciting, but to me if the muscle god doesn't feel that way about himself, no matter how many worshippers he's got, he'll never feel pleased.
I kinda like plot elements that are like that, too. I've been toying with the idea of writing something along those lines of a muscleman with low self-esteem for a while now, don't know if I'll ever actually do it. :P

I think what appeals to me about it is that having muscles won't necessarily make you feel better about yourself. I'm a scrawny guy so I guess it's comforting to see that huge guys can feel bad about themselves, too.
  #14   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
I kinda like plot elements that are like that, too. I've been toying with the idea of writing something along those lines of a muscleman with low self-esteem for a while now, don't know if I'll ever actually do it. :P

I think what appeals to me about it is that having muscles won't necessarily make you feel better about yourself. I'm a scrawny guy so I guess it's comforting to see that huge guys can feel bad about themselves, too.
I meant that if the growing guy EVENTUALLY feels better about himself and realizes that he's a fucking force of the nature, then the story will be complete (at least in my twisted opinion) - but each one is entitled to have its own opinion.

Mad Dog - If you really feel that way about a possible story, then by all means write it! The way you describe growth scenes I'm sure that this story will be a blast!

Cheers
  #15   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

You're quite right self-esteem (in particular the increase of of it) is a primary factor in muscsle growth fiction... when people change suddenly their self image normally lags behind and for some it never does come into sync with reality...

In the "fun" stories, those with generally positive outcomes, the "fish-out-of-water" finds a way to thrive and accept his new place in the world... Self esteem increases... In the cases where they don't make the adjustment, the negetive outcomes, the result is self-esteem continues to spiral down and the subject is destroyed in some manner... not a "fun" story.

Ender
  #16   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachirobi
I think it would be cool to see a guy whose body changes but who has to be helped into accepting the transformation. Not through hypnosis or some other kind of mental control but through something more romantic perhaps? John Doe wakes up with the body of Atlas but all of the world's weight rests on his heart until a shy muscle worshipper awakens him to the beauty and power he so suddenly possesses. Something like that. It could be fun and different. The more I think about it the more I think that I've seen stories like this already. Perhaps something Rowan has done?
Nope, don't think I've written anything like that. Although, truthfully, at this point I've started so many stories that it's getting hard to keep track of them...

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #17   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:10 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
Marvel Comics had a character exactly like this called Major Bummer. Sadly they ended the series after about 15 issues. it's about a lazy young kid who mistakenly gets alien powers that turn him into a huge stonrg muscular here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachirobi
I think there have been stories like this before but I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a story like this: A guy somehow grows, either instantaneously or over time, but DOESN'T want it at all. Muscl4Life's Civil Action explores this to a point but the muscle monster in it has a sort of duality with the growth. I'm just curious to see what a writer could do with someone who is completely unhappy being a giant . . . at least in the beginning.
  #18   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by suma
Marvel Comics had a character exactly like this called Major Bummer. Sadly they ended the series after about 15 issues. it's about a lazy young kid who mistakenly gets alien powers that turn him into a huge stonrg muscular here.
I know. If you didn't see it, someone posted a link to where you can download the whole series (They've never released a TPB so I say it's a fair download.) The art is a little rough and overdetailed for my tastes. But, yes, the guy gets nice and big...and is too much of a mook to use it for anything. He could at least become a Chippendale or a model or something.

Last edited by Yachirobi; March 22nd, 2007 at 08:48 AM.
  #19   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:45 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Actuallly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suma
Just a small friendly correction - but I believe that Major Bummer was actually a DC comic...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options