The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM

sl97aq
Andrew Prequel Chapter 7

On Saturday, July 11th, 1998, six days after Andrew and Chad's workout session in Derrick's cottage gym, Andrew and Chad were getting dressed for the Enhancement Meeting.

"Your new life began two weeks ago son," Chad said to Andrew. "How do you feel today?"

"I feel much stronger than I did two weeks ago!" Andrew replied. "I think I'm filling out my t-shirt more now as well!"

"Yes, you now fill three-quarters of the sleeves," Chad realized. "You only filled them halfway two weeks ago. You also look heavier and taller. Let's see how tall you are and how much you weigh today." Andrew stood with his back against the measuring wall and Chad noticed that his head was slightly above the mark that said '5 foot 4, JUNE 1998.' Chad held the tape measure up to the top of Andrew's head and read, "65 inches son; you're 5 foot 5 inches tall now!"

"Yay, I grew another inch!" Andrew yelled in excitement. "It usually takes several months for me to grow an inch! Now I grew an inch in one month!"

"That's probably because you're hitting your first growth spurt Andrew," Chad informed his son. "And just to let you know, jocks don't say 'Yay.' They say 'Yeah' with a clenched fist. That's because they usually project an image of atheletic toughness everywhere they go. You have to remember to act like a jock son, because you are slowly turning into a pre-teen jock yourself! If you act really cool and tough, you may not get bullied at school anymore. You should be able to give off a 'don't mess with me' vibe that will keep the bullies away. Or maybe you will attract them in a friendly manner, because they will think you're a cool guy. We'll have to buy you a leather jacket and some cowboy boots so that you'll look really cool and tough. The cowboy boots will also make you a couple of inches taller, maybe even taller than Darrell himself. If you're suddenly bigger than him, he should stop bullying you. I think that's the best way to keep the bullies from bugging you."

"What way would that be Dad?" Andrew asked, looking confused.

"Did I say too much son?" Chad asked him. "Did I not get my point across?"

"I'm afraid you didn't," Andrew replied, looking sad that he didn't get the point Chad was trying to make. "Do you think you can say that whole speech in one sentence?"

"Okay son, here goes," Chad said. "If you totally change your image so that you look and act really tough, you won't get bullied anymore by Darrell."

"Wasn't that easier to say Dad?" Andrew asked Chad. "It was certainly easier for me to understand!"

"It was easier for me to understand as well," Chad said. "So, are you ready to weigh yourself son, and see just how much bigger you are after two weeks of working out?"

"Yeah Dad!" Andrew shouted, jumping up and down in excitement. "I want to see if I've put on any muscle yet! I already know I'm a lot stronger, but I want to see if I'm a lot bigger as well!"

"Here's the scale son," Chad said, pulling it out of the cabinet. "Step on and we'll see how much you weigh today."

While Andrew stepped onto the scale and waited for the needle to stop moving, Chad took their dress clothes off the hangers.

"I weigh 130 pounds now Dad!" Andrew shouted in excitement.

"Way to go son; ten pounds of muscle growth in two weeks!" Chad commended him, turning back towards the counter. "Look in the mirror and see for yourself!"

Andrew looked and saw that his biceps were slightly larger than before. He also saw some muscle fibers partially covering his breastbone. His ribs were not as visible as before and his abdomen had some very faint ripples.

"Wow, I think I'm getting some muscles Dad!" Andrew marvelled. He rubbed his slightly rippled stomach and added, "I'm having trouble seeing the bones of my upper body!"

"Way to go Champ!" Chad congratulated his son. "Give me a high five dude!"

Andrew stepped forward and slapped his dad's raised hand. Andrew was surprised that he didn't hurt his hand this time.

"See, you're stronger already son!" Chad shouted with pride. "But we found that out yesterday at the gym, when you benched 150 pounds for the first time. Since you only benched 115 six days ago, the day after the beach party, that is truly excellent progress son! You have added 35 pounds to your one-rep maximum in only six days!"

"Thanks Dad!" Andrew shouted in gratitude as he stepped off the scale. "Your turn," he said, motioning to the scale. He started to put on his shirt and pants. "Let's see how much you weigh Dad!"

"Yeah, I guess I should see if I weigh more than the 218 pounds I weighed six days ago in Derrick's cottage," Chad said. He stepped onto the scale, looked down and grinned. "I weigh 220 pounds even son!"

"Way to go Dad!" Andrew congratulated Chad. He smiled as he saw Chad admiring his chisled abs and pecs and added, "You look awesome for 35 years old Dad! I want to look just like you, when I'm 15 years old!"

"The way you are growing, that is a realistic expectation," Chad agreed.

"What did that mean Dad?" Andrew asked him, looking confused.

"I used big words again, didn't I son?" Chad realized.

"Yes you did," Andrew replied. "What did they mean?"

"Those big words meant that you are correct to think that you will be my height and weight by the time you're 15," Chad replied. "How's that for an explanation son?"

"Very good Dad," Andrew commended him, copying his dad's motions so that he could get his tie properly tied. "You must be a Smart Jock, not just a normal jock dad!"

"You think I'm still a jock, even 12 years after the NFL?" Chad asked his son, as he straightened his tie and turned down his collar.

"Of course you're a jock Dad!" Andrew assured him, adjusting his own tie and trying to pull his collar away from his neck. "I think my neck's getting thicker Dad; the collar on this shirt is almost choking me!"

"Looks like more than just your biceps are getting bigger son," Chad commended him. "That's truly excellent son: you're turning into a jock before my very eyes!"

"Thanks Dad!" Andrew shouted in gratitude. "I have a long way to go before I can play football as well as you do! I didn't know that you could catch your own thrown football from across the field!"

"Yeah I did that just to show off," Chad bragged with a smug grin. As he led Andrew down the stairs, he added, "I saw someone on TV do that three years ago, and I kept practicing until I could do it as well!"

"Can you teach me to do that Dad?" Andrew asked Chad. "That's pretty amazing that you taught yourself a new football trick a decade after the NFL!"

"Thanks son," Chad said. "And yes, I will teach you all the athletic jock tricks, like catching your own thrown football, and the Football Flip."

"Hey, isn't that the move I saw in the ad for the Faculty?" Andrew asked.

"Very good son, you're exactly right," Chad replied, smiling at his son's good memory. "I had done those moves in high school, college, and the NFL. I hadn't tried any other football tricks for years until six days ago. It's good to know that I still remember how!" As he locked the front door, Chad added, "You and I should watch some college games together, not just the NFL ones. Then you can learn all the rules for the game level you will be playing at first. If we visit some OD games as well, you can see the rules of high school football before you join the team in about four years. That reminds me, if we can get away around Thanksgiving, I will have to take you down to Miami with me so that we can watch the Hurricanes game. Then you can see your future."

"Hurricanes?" Andrew repeated in confusion. "Aren't they a type of storm that Florida gets?"

"Yes, but the Hurricanes are also the University of Miami football team," Chad replied, opening the car door for Andrew. "You're a very smart young man Andrew, and the Enhancement Meeting today is the direct result of those smart thoughts you have!"

"What do I say at the meeting Dad?" Andrew asked, once Chad sat in the driver's seat.

"You won't have to say anything; I'll make the presentation of our ideas son," Chad replied. "But you can scroll through the summary points on my Palm Pilot there and let me know what you think. Better check if for spelling mistakes as well; I didn't get time to edit it."

"Okay Dad," Andrew agreed, as Chad started the car and backed them down the driveway. "I guess today is a lot more involved than the usual Take Your Kid to Work day, isn't it?"

"The word 'kid' is no longer an accurate description of you Andrew," Chad informed him. "You're a pre-teen muscle jock now son!"

"I hardly have any muscle yet Dad!" Andrew reminded his father. "And I don't play a sport yet: especially not football! So how can I be a jock?"

"You do have muscle son!" Chad protested. "That's why you were able to benchpress 90 pounds for ten reps a few days ago! And you do play a sport: you play football with me! You are a jock, though you seem to be reluctant. Maybe I'm pushing you too fast son! Do you think I should leave the weekends free for you to have fun with your friends and Carrie?"

"Maybe," Andrew replied. "I'm just having trouble adjusting to my changing role in life! Part of me wants to be a huge muscle god and another part wants to enjoy being a kid!"

"You may not be able to do both; they're mutually exclusive," Chad informed Andrew. "Did you enjoy being a kid before you started working out?"

"Not really," Andrew realized. "I got bullied a lot at school and I was never picked for any of the teams in gym class!"

"Then why would you want to go back to that?" Chad asked him, looking confused.

"That's not exactly what I meant," Andrew said, trying to figure out himself what he was trying to say.

"Then what exactly did you mean?" Chad asked him.

"I don't have the words!" Andrew snapped, frustrated with himself.

"It's okay son," Chad assured him. "Let's just focus on you becoming a jock. Then you will have a second chance when school starts again."

"Second chance!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "That's what I meant! As I slowly become a jock, I'll have a second chance to enjoy my childhood before it's over! Also, once I'm a jock, the people in gym class will pick me for their teams! Then I'll be accepted by everyone who ignored me before!"

"I think you're right son," Chad agreed. "Becoming a jock does seem to be a good way to be accepted by all your classmates, even the bullies." He didn't mention how fickle it was for people to suddenly accept someone just because they got into sports. Instead he said, "Now that you are more than half my size, I think you will find that you become the new Big Man at school! I'm very impressed with your growth Andrew: ten pounds in two weeks is pretty impressive! My new Testosterone Boosters are working wonders on you! From the speed you're growing, I think they've pushed you into Early Puberty!"

"That may be true Dad," Andrew agreed, reading over his Dad's notes for the meeting. "But I don't have a deeper voice yet."

"I think your muscles will grow before the rest of you," Chad realized. "You may sound and act like a kid, but you're beginning to look like a man! That's why I've been saying that you're not a kid anymore!"

PREQUEL PAGE 57 on MICROSOFT

"So you were actually complimenting me," Andrew realized, handing the Palm Pilot back to Chad. "Thanks a lot for explaining that Dad! I found no spelling mistakes on here, just a lot of big words that I don't understand."

"I will explain those big words to you during the course of the meeting," Chad promised him. "And I'm glad you finally get the point I was trying to make! I'm not trying to push you into something you're not ready for; I'm trying to help you 'Be All You Can Be'!"

"Isn't that the slogan of the American Armed Forces?" Andrew asked, looking confused.

"Yes it is son; I also served with them at the base," Chad replied. "Once we are done with the meeting, I will have to set up a meeting with Colonel Mitchell, who was my lieutenant at the base almost twenty years ago."

"You're taking me to the base to meet Colonel Mitchell?" Andrew asked in surprise.

"Yes son, I am," Chad replied. "Since your progress will be closely monitored by the Military, it's only fitting that you get to meet some of them. Colonel Mitchell and I were in the Reserves together, though he was a few years ahead of me, being my Lieutenant. There is also a Military School that prepares students for the Army Cadets, and therefore the Army Reserves as well. The school accepts students from the end of Grade 6 up to the end of Grade 12, and it has been around for 20 years."

?Are you trying to ?pack me off to Military School? like Mr. Harrington said he should do with David?? Andrew asked his dad, looking shocked. "Are you trying to send me to 'Boot Camp'?"

"No no son!" Chad assured Andrew. "I'm just trying to help you get into the best physical shape possible before high school football! The Military Academy will help you with that! The instructors there will put you through a rigorous physical training program that will dramitically increase your endurance and strength to astronomical levels! Then you'll be able to blow every opponent on the Gridiron away with your shocking size and strength!"

"What about my opinions about all this?" Andrew asked his father suddenly. "Don't I get a say about what happens in my life?"

"Of course you do son!" Chad assured him. "I guess I'm getting too excited planning your future for you, aren't I? I guess I forgot that it's your future, not my second chance to do things right from Day One!"

"Don't forget that Dad!" Andrew warned him. "It's my life; not yours! And as I get bigger and stronger, you'll have less and less control over me! One day, I'll overpower you!"

"I know that son," Chad said, looking slightly nervous about that prospect. "That's why I'm advising Military School now. The instructors there will teach you to respect yourself, and others! You do have a problem keeping your anger in check around authority figures, despite my best efforts!"

"I guess I do," Andrew realized, looking down at his feet. "I'm sorry about that Dad."

"It's okay son; Military School will be a good gateway to the Cadets and Reserves: two other places where you can release all your aggression in a useful manner!"

"Ah I understand now," Andrew realized. "So you're not packing me off to Boot Camp and giving up on me after all! You're just helping me realize my full potential in a structured and disciplined environment! You're doing it for my 'own good', but only if I agree to go!"

"Now you've got it son!" Chad commended him. "I'm just letting you know the various career paths that physical fitness can lead you into."

"Well that's a relief Dad; I was getting worried there for a minute!" Andrew informed Chad.

?Sorry about that son; I guess I got carried away, didn?t I?? Chad realized.

?No, you just got excited,? Andrew corrected him. ?But don?t worry; if you want to get carried away, I?ll do it in a few years!?

?Very amusing son!? Chad chuckled, even as he realized that Andrew was probably accurately predicting the future. ?Your sense of humour will take you far in life!?

?What do you mean?? Andrew asked him, looking confused.

?Tell jokes to ?break the ice? with everyone you meet, even the bullies,? Chad advised him. ?Then they?ll be too busy laughing at your jokes to remember why they wanted to bully you. Combine that with dressing and acting really cool and tough, and you shouldn?t have to put your hands on them to stop them from bugging you!?

?Sounds good Dad, except for one small detail,? Andrew said.

?What?s that son?? Chad asked him.

?If I try those tactics in the Fall, there?s no ?ice to break?,? Andrew replied. ?The ice doesn?t come until Winter!?

?Ha ha ha!? Chad laughed. ?You?re telling great jokes already!?

?It was not my intention to amuse you; it was an actual question!? Andrew informed his dad. ?What does ice have to do with people, unless I break it by throwing the bullies through it??

Tears started rolling down Chad?s face as he laughed harder and Andrew had to grab the steering wheel so that they wouldn?t veer off the road.

?Pay attention to your driving Dad; you could have killed us!? Andrew shouted.

?Sorry about that son,? Chad apologized, wiping the tears of laughter off his face with one hand. ?But you?re really proving that you can literally overwhelm people with that wise-cracking mind of yours! Imagine what you?ll be able to do with your muscles when you?re big enough!?

?Well I look forward to it, but before that happens, do you think you could answer my question for me?? Andrew asked his dad.

?What was your question Andrew?? Chad asked him. ?You made me laugh so hard that I?ve forgotten!?

?I asked what ice has to do with people, as far as breaking it anyway,? Andrew replied. ?Do you think you can answer that for me??

?Of course I can son,? Chad replied. ?Breaking the Ice refers to reducing tension with people by telling a joke that makes them laugh.?

?As long as I don?t do it while someone?s driving!? Andrew realized.

?Yeah, if someone got into an accident because they were distracted laughing at one of your jokes, the tension would go through the roof!? Chad agreed. ?I hate to say this son, but I think you?ve found out how to keep me in line! Just threaten me with one of your jokes and I won?t go too far planning your life for you!?

?I?ll only do that if I have to,? Andrew assured him. ?I feel more comfortable telling jokes around people when I have something in common with them.?

?You know, I think you will have something in common with Darrell when you get back to school in the fall,? Chad realized.

?How can I know that, if you?re the one telling me that information?? Andrew asked him with a big grin.

?Now that was a good deliberate joke son!? Chad commended him. ?The only way you could know what I have to tell you is if you were telepathic! But I have a question for you first. How big is Darrell??

?About 5 foot 7 and 150 pounds,? Andrew replied. ?I?ve heard him bragging about his stats to his big baseball buddies.?

?I think you?ll match his height and weight by the time you return to school,? Chad predicted. ?Since you began the summer at 5 foot 4 and 120 pounds, you will have gained 30 pounds and three inches in height over the summer if all goes well! That could mean the difference between average and big! 5 foot 7 and 150 pounds is huge for a 10 year old! Most 13 year olds haven?t reached 100 pounds yet!?

"Does that mean that I'm big for a ten year old now?" Andrew asked his dad. When Chad nodded, Andrew asked, "Then why is everyone I see at school taller than me?"

"Are they older than you, the people you see at school?" Chad asked him.

"Yes they are; I only hang around the older kids because they're more mature and they don't bug me," Andrew replied. "In fact, the older kids protect me from the bullies who are my age. But then the bullies, like Darrell, get me in retaliation when my big friends aren't around!"

"Time for a different set of tactics son," Chad decided. "The tactics I've given you should work best; they did for me after I learned them from my father! He served in World War II you know; that's how he knew the right Military Moves to teach me!"

"It's strange that he never talks about his Military experiences," Andrew said.

"Not so strange when you consider that he probably saw a lot of things that scarred him deeply," Chad reminded his son. "Veterans don't like to talk about what they had to do to preserve our freedom."

"Well I'm very grateful anyway," Andrew said. "It makes me proud to be Canadian."

"Very good son; that sense of pride should help motivate you in Military School; if you decide to go that is," Chad said. "Now, I think we got a litttle off topic with that discussion about your grandpa. But I think I remember what else I wanted to tell you about dealing with Darrell. When you can look him straight in the eyes, he'll respect you more because you'll be just as big and tall as he is!"

"Yeah, I look forward to staring him straight in the eye, instead of having him look down his nose at me!" Andrew shouted in excitement.

"My new training program should help you with that," Chad said, handing his Palm Pilot to Andrew. "One of the entries in there should be 'Andrew's Training Program.' Read it over and let me know what you think."

"Okay Dad," Andrew said, taking the Palm Pilot and reading the contents of the file carefully.

Chad looked over at Andrew briefly and smiled, pleased that he was helping his only son plot a course to a better life.

After half an hour, Andrew and Chad arrived at Harrington's Sports Suppliers in the South End of Barrie.

"Ready to go into the meeting now son?" Chad asked Andrew.

"Yes sir!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "You certainly have made up an -oh what does everyone call it?"

"An 'exceptional outline of bullet points'?" Chad asked him, referring to his style of entries in the Palm Pilot.

"I wasn't referring to the format; I was referring to the content!" Andrew clarified. "I remember now, you've created an 'exceptional training program' for me!"

"Ah I understand now," Chad said, getting out of the car. "I'm glad you appreciate all the hard work that went into creating that program! We certainly learned a lot six days ago at Derrick's cottage, didn't we?"

"Yeah we did Dad!" Andrew shouted in agreement, as they headed up the walkway to the steel and glass building. "Wow! Is that the main office building Dad?"

"Yes it is Andrew," Chad replied. "I got to see this building built quite literally from the ground up, as Derrick's company was also built from the ground up, figuratively of course."

"Can you show me your office after the meeting Dad?" Andrew asked his father.

"Haven't you seen my office before son?" Chad asked him, opening the front door for him. "I'm sure I remember taking you in there before!"

"That was your old office Dad!" Andrew reminded his dad. "Though it was more like a cental alcove actually!"

"Ah yes, I remember now," Chad said, waving to the Security Guard sitting behind the Lobby Desk. "And you are exactly right son; you have not yet seen my new office! I will have to show it to you after the meeting while I get some work done." He motioned Andrew to step into the elevator as the doors opened. "My new office, and position as Vice President of Athletic Enhancement, is all thanks to you son."

"What are you talking about Dad?" Andrew asked, looking confused as Chad pressed the UP Button.

"Your one statement: 'I will benchpress a car one day!' made the entire Athletic Enhancement division exist in the first place!" Chad informed Andrew. The elevator doors closed and the elevator slowly took them up to the Office Level. "Your quest to become a muscle god will make us both rich for decades!"

"How rich are you Dad?" Andrew asked Chad, as the elevator doors opened on the top floor.

"I make a six figure income now, thanks to my new position," Chad replied, leading the way down the hall to the Conference Room. "By crossing that threshold between five and six figures, I have also crossed over from Middle to Upper Class! And it's about time, considering how long the effects from my past mistakes lasted!"

"Wow Dad!" Andrew marvelled. "That's great! I can't wait to tell everyone at school how rich and important my dad is!"

"Talk to me before you do that son," Chad advised him. "We'll have to decide if that is a good idea or not. But we're now at the Conference Room, so we'll have to discuss that later."

Andew followed his dad into the Conference Room and sat down in the chair Chad pulled out for him. Then he and the Management Team listened to Derrick's opening remarks as the meeting started. After Derrick sat down again, Chad stepped up to the head of the table to begin his presentation. He began outlining his ideas for the Athletic Enhancement Division, which was his 'Pet Project.' Chad also passed out charts and pictures of the progress he and Andrew had made after only two weeks on the Testosterone Boosters. Everyone looked at the pictures and they were all amazed at how much muscle Andrew had packed onto his small frame in only two weeks. On the screen behind Chad, video footage of Andrew and Chad's home workouts and the workout in Derrick's cottage played throughout the presentation.

"This is amazing work Chad!" Mr. Harrington shouted in enthusiasm after everyone had looked through Chad's paperwork. The other members of the Management Team smiled at the possibilities inherent in Chad's research. "You're really going to put this company on the map with the unlimited potential for human strength that you have discovered! Don't even think of leaving this company Chad; you're going to be our poster boy for the new millenium!" He stood up and shook Chad's hand vigorously, signalling that the meeting was over by doing so. He then turned to Andrew as the other team members congratulated Chad. "We can't forget about your one sentence statement that started this revolution in sports supplements, can we Andrew? If you don't mind coming with me to my office, I have your very first employment application ready for you! Let's go and fill it out right now."

"Great idea sir!" Andrew shouted in enthusiasm. "I can't wait to take the first steps into the wide world of weightlifting!"

"You'll become a muscle god in no time," Mr Harrington promised him, leading Andrew down the hall to his office. "I'm confident that you'll bring the sports world to new heights, just like your father has! You'll be a jock before you know it, and then noone will be able to stop you on your way to being rich!"

"I can't wait sir!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "I look forward to becoming a cool athletic guy like my dad!"

"You'll get lots of help from all of us as far as achieving that goal," Mr. Harrington promised him. "And you don't have to call me 'sir' Andrew; you can call me Derrick, just like your father does!" They stepped inside his office and Derrick opened the door. "Take a good look inside Andrew; this will be your future one day!"

"Wow!" Andrew gasped in amazement, marvelling at the plush red carpet, the oak bookshelves, and Derrick's mahogany desk. "This is a really fancy office Derrick!"

"Yeah, when the company made its first million, I rewarded myself with a fancy office," Derrick said with a satisfied grin. He motioned to the leather chair behind his desk. "Go ahead Andrew; take a seat and see if you enjoy the view I get to see every day. I'll be right back with your employment application, though to everyone outside this company, it will be called an Extra Credit Form."

"Understood Derrick," Andrew assured him, sitting down carefully in the leather chair. "This is a really comfortable chair Derrick!"

"It should be; I spared no expense to feel right at home here!" Derrick informed Andrew. "Take a look outside the window Andrew and let me know what you think of the view. I'll be right back."

As Derrick stepped out of the office, Andrew scooted the chair forward and looked out the window. He tried to find the gym, the store and the park where he sometimes played football with his dad. All the buildings looked the same, so Andrew looked around the office for some binoculars. He found some on the windowsill to his left and picked them up. He scanned the city buildings again until he finally saw the Derrick's store with the big company sign on it. Then he moved the binoculars slightly to the right and saw the gym and the park.

"What are you looking at Andrew?" Derrick asked as he stepped into the office. Andrew jumped slightly and Derrick said, "Sorry if I startled you Andrew."

"That's okay sir," Andrew assured him. He put the binoculars down and turning the chair around so that he could look up at his future boss. "I was just looking at your store, your gym, and the park beside them."

"Ah, the three locations where your Journey to Jockhood began," Derrick realized, stepping up beside Andrew. Andrew stood up from the chair and they both stood at the window, looking out across the buildings."Do you still have the U of Miami football I gave you a week ago?"

"Yes sir; it sits right on my dresser, on a special stand that my dad bought for it!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "That football is the first thing I see when I wake up, and the last thing I see before I go to sleep! So I am always reminded of what my ultimate goal is: to be a Hurricane!"

"So that you can 'blow your opponents away' Andrew?" Derrick asked him with a chuckle.

"That was a very funny joke Derrick!" Andrew laughed, looking down at the papers in Derrick's hands. "Are those the employment application papers, so that I can pay for my tution at Miami?"

Derrick nodded and said, "You're getting really geared up to become a university football star, aren't you Andrew?" Derrick asked him.

"I can't get 'geared up'; I'm not a car!" Andrew reminded Derrick, grinning at his future boss as Derrick set the papers down on his desk.

"Looks like I'm not the only funny guy around here!" Derrick realized, laughing at Andrew's joke. He motioned Andrew to sit down in one of the chairs facing the desk. "Now it's time to be serious however." Derrick sat down in his leather chair and slid the papers across the desk so that Andrew could read them. "Read everything very carefully Andrew; you're taking your first steps into the World of Financial Prosperity!"

"Sounds great sir, even if I don't know what financial propserity means!" Andrew shouted in excitement.

"It means the Road to Becoming Rich," Derrick clarified, sliding the pen across the desk to Andrew. "And by getting a four year head start into the working world, you'll be rich much faster than the normal person!"

"Sounds great sir!" Andrew shouted in enthusiasm, reading over the documents carefully. "Hey, shouldn't my dad be in here while I'm signing these papers?"

"Relax Andrew; the second page shows where he filled in the Consent Section," Derrick assured him.

"Okay Derrick," Andrew said, filling out his section of the application form. "What do I put in the Social Insurance Number field, since I don't have one yet?"

"Put the Employee Number in there instead; here is is," Derrick suggested, handing Andrew the paper with the number on it. Andrew wrote the number in the box and then handed the completed application form to Derrick, after signing it of course. "Thank you Andrew," Derrick said, looking over the form carefully to make sure Andrew had filled it out properly. Then he filled in the Office Use Only section and stood up to shake Andrew's hand. "Welcome to Harrington's Sports Suppliers, as an employee!"

"Thank you very much sir!" Andrew shouted in enthusiasm. "I'm really excited to be here!"

"Good, then you'll have a big smile for the employee badge photo," Derrick realized, leading Andrew out of the office. "And that's very good Andrew, calling me 'sir' now that you're on the clock. I hope you don't mind if I still call you Andrew, since calling you 'Master Pearson' will make you seem like a Jedi Master!"

"Understood sir," Andrew said, following Derrick down the hall to the Photo Room. As they stepped into the room, Andrew asked his boss, "So, where do I sit sir?"

"Actually you stand, under the company logo on the far wall," Derrick replied, pointing across the room. "I'll get the camera ready; you get into position Andrew."

Andrew walked over to the far wall, stopping under the logo to take a good look at it.

"Is it my imagination, or is the border of your company logo shaped like a football?" Andrew asked Derrick.

"It's not your imagination, it was your father's idea actually," Derrick replied. "He learned a lot about marketing during his studies in Sports and Business Management and he brought that knowledge back to Canada with him. If you look carefully at the colour scheme of the logo, you will see that it matches the U of Miami colours exactly. You can thank your dad for that as well, honouring the school that was his gateway to the NFL. That is why he is such an important person at our company Andrew: he's given us great ideas, big clients like the big US football schools, and he has tremendous loyalty to those who have helped him along the way. Did you know that he has even used his connections with the Miami Dolphins to get some of their autographed merchandise up here, including some of his own autographed jerseys from his playing days?"

"No I didn't but I do now," Andrew replied. "I've met a few Miami Dolphins myself, former teammates of Dad's who came up to visit him. How many Dolphins have you met sir?"

"Only a couple; at Marineland Andrew," Derrick replied, smiling slowly.

"Ha ha ha!" Andrew laughed. "That was a really funny joke sir!"

"Glad you enjoyed it Andrew," Derrick said, focussing the camera. "Keep smiling and I'll get a good picture of you for your badge." He snapped the picture while Andrew was still smiling and then connected the digital camera to the computer. "Come over here and see what you think of your picture Andrew," he ordered him, turning the screen towards Andrew and motioning him to come over to the desk.

"Hey, that's a great photo sir!" Andrew shouted in excitement.

"Glad you like it Andrew," Derrick said. "I'll email this picture to our Badge-Making Department and they'll have your photo badge ready for you next week. He reached into one of the desk drawers and pulled out a badge that had the company logo on it. "In the meantime, you can use this temproary badge."

"Thank you sir," Andrew said enthusiastically, putting the badge in his pocket. "So, now that I've had my picture taken, what happens next?"

"Now I put you to work as your father's new assistant, just as I promised you I would last weekend," Derrick replied. "As your Personal Trainer, he assists you, in reaching your goal of playing in the NFL. But as his Personal Assistant, you assist him."

"Got it sir," Andrew said, following Derrick back down the hall. "I'm really excited about being part of your company sir!"

"Gee I couldn't tell," Derrick teased him.

"How could you not tell?" Andrew asked him in amazement. "I thought it was pretty obvious how excited I am!"

"Yes it was," Derrick informed him. "I was just teasing you Andrew; being sarcastic. One thing you'll learn as you spend more time in this company is that adult humour is a lot more subtle than kid humour."

"I'll try to keep that in mind," Andrew assured his new boss, as they reached Chad's office. "Thanks for all the great information sir!"

"You're welcome Andrew," Derrick said, patting his shoulder gently. "Hey, your shoulders are getting pretty solid already! It won't be long until you're big enough to take Chad down!"

"I've already done that sir!" Andrew informed Derrick. "It took me about five tries, but I did get my dad down during the workout at your cottage last weekend!"

"Yeah, he's going to be a great offensive lineman in about four years," Chad said proudly. He stepped out from behind his desk and added, "If you're done with Mr. Harrington, Andrew, I'd like to show you some pictures based on the enhancement projections."

"Fine with me Chad," Derrick said. "And you can call me Derrick at work now, since you're part of the Management Team now."

"Thank you sir," Chad said. Then he saw Derrick frown and hastily added, "I meant 'Thank you Derrick.' Sorry about that."

"That's okay Chad," Derrick assured him. "I just want you to think of yourself as one of my corporate partners, not just an employee. After all, as I was telling Andrew earlier, it was your NFL contacts that gave this company international exposure! That exposure helped our stock and profits rise dramatically, ensuring the success of this company for years to come! And that's just the beginning! Thanks to your ideas, and Andrew's, this new Athletic Enhancement Division will reshape the landscape of the sports world! And the medical and military applications are also very exciting! I think that you, and your son, may have unlocked the next stage of human evolution!"

"Thank you very much Derrick," Chad said quietly, looking down at his desk in embarrassment. "I'm glad that you appreciate the contributions I am hoping to make to the athletic community."

"You see that Andrew?" Derrick said, pointing to Chad. "That's called being humble. Your dad doesn't take his abilities for granted by showing off or assuming he's indespensible!"

"What does indespensible mean sir?" Andrew asked Derrick.

"It means 'unable to do without' Andrew," Derrick replied.

"Does that mean that you think that I am indepensible sir?" Andrew asked Derrick, chuckling.

"Funny man!" Derrick luahged, putting his hand on Andrew's shoulder. "Don't tell anyone lese, but I think that you, and your father, are indespensible to this company! Once you're done with the NFL, I assure you that you'll have a corporate position waiting for you here; maybe even Chad's position!"

"That would be great sir!" Andrew shouted enthusiastically. "I bet taking Business Management in college will make sure that I have the qualifications, not just the connections, to work here after the NFL."

"Especially if you take your summer internships here," Derrick advised him. "But it's about eight years too early to talk about that. I'll let your dad give you your first assignment and I'll go enter your information into the payroll."

"See you later Derrick," Chad said, waving to his boss. Then he motioned Andrew over to the desk as Derrick stepped out of the office. "I have those enhancement projection pictures to show you."

"Wow Dad!" Andrew marvelled. "Look at how big that guy in the picture is!"

"6 foot 7 and 350 pounds by the time the process is complete son!" Chad informed him. "That is your future son, though your growth will be gradual over the next eight years."

"Understood Dad," Andrew said, getting pretty excited. "So, what can I do for my first task?"

"You can get those eight photos from the printer and hole-punch them," Chad replied.

"Do you mean punch a hole right through them with my fist?" Andrew asked, smiling at his dad. When he saw Chad frowning, he threw up his hands in exasperation and asked, "What? Did I say something wrong?"

"Now is not the time for jokes, especially since you're on the clock now Andrew," Chad advised his son.

"Understood Dad," Andrew said, looking slightly ashamed of himself. As he picked up the hole punch, he resisted the urge to say 'I'm not on the clock; it is on the wall!' "Sorry if I got out of line; again! I've certainly said a lot of things that I shouldn't have in the past few weeks!"

"That's okay son; it's good to see you becoming more confident with each passing day," Chad commended him. "I can't expect you to pick up all the corporate conduct rules on your first day, can I? Though you certainly know how to call the President of the Company 'sir", don't you?"

"Yes I do Dad," Andrew agreed, relieved that Chad wasn't really mad at him after all. He put the hole-punched photos in the binder on Chad's desk and asked, "Why does the big guy in those pictures have red hair?"

"Those pictures are what you will look like in eight years," Chad replied. "At least I hope so!"

"You hope that I become 6 foot 7 and 350 pounds?" Andrew in surprise. "That's really big, but I look forward to it! I bet nothing will be able to hurt me once I get to that size!"

"That's the whole idea; you shouldn't be taken down by injuries once you reach that projected height and weight," Chad agreed. "If the genetic enhancement works on you like I hope it will, you won't be taken down by a knee injury like I was! Then your NFL career should last for decades, instead of just a few years!"

"I'm very glad that you're doing this to help me realize my full potential Dad!" Andrew shouted in gratitude. "Thanks a lot!"

"You're welcome son," Chad said, pleased that Andrew was happy with his projected growth. He pulled up a few more pictures on the computer and added, "Once I'm through enhancing you, you will be so big and strong that noone will be able to stand in your way; not even me!"

"Are you sure that's a wise decision Dad?" Andrew asked him, as more pictures came out of the printer. "If noone can stop me, what happens when I get mad?"

"Hopefully you're learning how to treat smaller people gently, now that you're friends with Ralph," Chad said, saving the completed pictures to the corporate website. When Andrew nodded, Chad added, "Good, because I'm going to make you stronger than any human has dreamed of becoming! And I'm doing it to protect you from injuries like these!"

He motioned Andrew to come back over to the computer screen and Andrew saw a video playing of a small guy getting shot and falling to the ground. Then he saw another video of a huge guy getting shot but only getting knocked back a couple of steps. Then the huge guy crushed the gun a useless ball of metal and punched the shooter out with one quick blow!

"Wow Dad, that's really scary!" Andrew shouted in amazement. "That huge guy wasn't wearing a bullet-proof vest, was he?"

"No he wasn't so," Chad said proudly. "But considering how dense his muscles are, he's wearing a bullet-proof vest of muscle instead of kevlar!"

"That's a great idea Dad!" Andrew shouted in agreement. "I bet the cops would love to have this kind of enhancement so that they could be bulletproof like that guy! It looks like the Testosterone Boosters and the supplements are some kind of Superhero Serum!"

"That's correct son," Chad agreed. "And I'm hoping that the people we enhance, starting with you, will act like superheroes! That is why we are initially targetting police, EMTs, and military soldiers! They are true heroes already, and this enhancement process will allow them to come home safe after putting themselves in harms way to keep us safe! And because of such great acts of bravery and selflessness, hopefully they will be revered and even worshipped as muscle gods!"

"From what I've seen, Carrie certainly likes worshipping the firefighters on that calender of hers!" Andrew chuckled. "As I get bigger and stronger, I will have to create an Andrew calender for her to stare at all year long!"

"Gee, you certainly won't be modest about showing off your muscles, will you Andrew?" Chad teased him. "From what you've told me about your last few school years, you'll certainly enjoy being the popular one in future school years, won't you?"

"Yeah I will Dad!" Andrew shouted in agreement. He handed the printouts of the gunshot scenario to Chad and added, "I just wish we didn't have to rely on external supplements to enhance people!"

"Yeah, it's too bad we don't have the medical knowledge to reproduce, safely, the PCP effect from within the body," Chad agreed. "But until we leap ahead a couple of centuries to genetic enhancement, we will have to make due with supplement enhancement." He saved all his computer files and then logged off his computer. "Now that we have all the pictures ready for my second enhancement report, are you ready to go home and work out now?"

"Yes I am Dad!" Andrew shouted, as Chad shut off the office lights and locked the door. "I just have one question: What's PCP?"

"PCP is an illegal drug that makes you really strong and keeps you from feeling any pain," Chad replied, as they walked down the hall to the elevator. "The Enhancement Project is designed to provide a legal alternative to that drug, while still providing the same efffect."

"Understood Dad," Andrew said, as they walked down the hall to the elevators. "So drugs are bad and supplements are good."

"It's not quite that simple son," Chad advised him, as they reached the elevator. They stepped inside and Chad added, "I'll be happy to explain it all to you right now, on our way home."

Andrew nodded in agreement and Chad began telling Andrew all about the differences between illegal drugs and legal supplements. As they headed home, Andrew gained a deeper understanding of the world of muscle and fitness and he became very excited once he realized that he was going to be a part of it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options