The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 02:51 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Expanding my story archive

I'd like to welcome six new authors to my site:I've also been posting new stories from:I'd like to thank them and my other contributors for all their wonderful contributions.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:49 AM

Absman420 is on a distinguished road
I'm not EXACTLY hurt that I'm not on that list...
  #3   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
Oh Snap(?), absman!

hmm...not sure how to read your comment ^.^

Sigh; maybe one of these days i'll get around to writing something to post. Then you all can wreck up me that same hell I've so long brought your pride & joys; that would be sweet.
Anyway glad to see such great writers getting the kinda of memorial(iz...ation...?) they deserve!

Things happen.
  #4   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:26 AM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
This is kind of the wrong forum for this post... It should go into General or I'm not sure where else... Since it does say post your OWN muscle growth stories. I know these are stories, and most of them have already been posted on here by the original writer, but it's not fair to some of us other writers who don't get acknowledged for the awesome work we do as well.

Nothing against O or the other writers, but it is just gives people who write their own stories a moment of somewhat "fame" instead of reiiterating on authors we already know who are "good" by posting a link list to stories that some of us already know as or will be Classics to the MG genre.

Hope this makes some sense...
Like a blade
-Kubo Tite
  #5   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexiscriptor
hmm...not sure how to read your comment
with nothing but love. a joke between "O" and me. believe me, I'm not the "snap" type.
  #6   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
BBMSN's stories have always been my favorite. Even though you don't have them all there yet, it's nice to have a centralized location for them.
  #7   Add to funboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Fun - but lost, LOL

funboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by omelissokomos
I'd like to welcome six new authors to my site:I've also been posting new stories from:I'd like to thank them and my other contributors for all their wonderful contributions.

What is the purpose of this post??????
  #8   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
How would someone not know the purpose of the post?
  #9   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
There is a purpose to it... its just not the appropriate forum lol. If anything it should go under the "Searching for a Story" forum, as it basically helps list stories that are harder to find to some people, or the general muscle growth forum... This forum should be just left for what it says "Posting muscle growth stories of your own." not posting links to stories we have already seen on here. That's what i was getting at.

And I am sure people are against me and the ways that I feel, and I know O probably is a bit upset that i said anything (since I did recieve a message from him saying he knew I was going to respond the way I did, which I am not sure what was meant by that), but I am also sure some may agree that this forum should be left just for authors to post their works.

I mean, if O posted a story (which he has on numerous times in the past) of his own, I would read it, jerk off, and probably get off on it like most of us do on here. But the stories have already been posted, by the authors who originally wrote them. The O Zone posts in the art forum are one thing, they show off O's spectacular work; i just feel something like this is not proper in this area of the boards.
Like a blade
-Kubo Tite
  #10   Add to Texzilla's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Texzilla is on a distinguished road
Oh I don't want to get involved with this.....but I have to point something out since it's not only been brought up several times but seems to be a major point of contension. It's incorrect to say that the stories O linked to in his note have already been posted on this site. Several of the stories from me that he links to have not, and probably will not, be posted on this site. I know there's more to this issue to the people who object to the entry being under it's current heading, but I thought, for what it's worth, that it should be made clear that the link does go to what could be considered some 'new' stories.
  #11   Add to funboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Fun - but lost, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljobenza
How would someone not know the purpose of the post?
Plain and simple - I am uncertain of the true purpose of this post. It appears to be advertising another person's website, which seems to me somewhat rude to our host for the forum. I would think that an ad (paid for) would be more appropriate.
  #12   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy
Plain and simple - I am uncertain of the true purpose of this post. It appears to be advertising another person's website, which seems to me somewhat rude to our host for the forum. I would think that an ad (paid for) would be more appropriate.
Nah. omelissokomos is a long-time poster here and we all know he has his own website. Not a problem.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #13   Add to funboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Fun - but lost, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
Nah. omelissokomos is a long-time poster here and we all know he has his own website. Not a problem.
Thanks Corwin - as long as our host feels the same way that is good enough for me.
  #14   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
As we've discussed more than once, there's a lot to be said for redundancy. We can't count on any of these sites being "permanent" so the more the stories get propagated and archived (so long as they're properly credited, and O is a model of meticulousness), the better off we all are. I appreciate O's updates here since I don't visit his site on a regular basis.

xoxo

Richard
  #15   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
Well this is actually equivalent to posting stories. The stories are just posted somewhere else.
  #16   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljobenza
Well this is actually equivalent to posting stories. The stories are just posted somewhere else.
Well, no, it isn't. It is similar if the author gives his permission to have his stories replicated (which I assume has happened in this case). When stories are taken from here without the author's permission, it is stealing or plagiarizing.

The author of a story is the copyright holder of that story. While authors like myself post stories here, maybe elsewhere, and have little or no qualms about sharing our work, that is our choice. Taking that choice away from us without our consent is evil.

Now I like omelissokomos and would have no problem with him archiving my stories if he wanted. However, I just spent some amount of time going through the stories I wrote for this forum and archiving them myself so they were not lost. If I found my stories on some other site without that site's owner seeking my consent, I'd be pissed.

So, no, having the stories show up elsewhere is not actually equivalent in all circumstances.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #17   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
When stories are taken from here without the author's permission, it is stealing or plagiarizing.
Actually, it's neither. The only way it's plagiarizing is if "O" was quoting the work within a different text and not giving the author credit. That's the definition of plagiarizing.

Now, as far as stealing goes, if "O" was making a profit from his website, then there could be a legal argument for the author. But since no one is making money, and the authors are being given proper credit, there's no theft.

When stories are taken from here without the author's permission, it's uncool, but there's nothing that can done about it. Remember, this is a public forum.
  #18   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absman420
Actually, it's neither. The only way it's plagiarizing is if "O" was quoting the work within a different text and not giving the author credit. That's the definition of plagiarizing.
And that was my meaning. People take other people's words and attribute them to themselves all the time on the internet. And I had already admitted that O was not doing this.

Quote:
Now, as far as stealing goes, if "O" was making a profit from his website, then there could be a legal argument for the author. But since no one is making money, and the authors are being given proper credit, there's no theft.

When stories are taken from here without the author's permission, it's uncool, but there's nothing that can done about it. Remember, this is a public forum.
No, it is stealing. There is no requirement in either copyright law or in the notion of "taking without right or permission" (aka stealing) that the taker make a profit. The stories here have some value. If a small child takes a ball from another child and refuses to give it back, that is not called only "uncool", it is called "stealing". The taker made no profit, but the thing taken (the ball) has some value, thus making it stealing.

As for this being a public forum, yes it is. However, there is nothing in the terms of use of this site that says that authors give up their intellectual property rights by posting here. While authors share their creative work here, they retain all other rights. For example, the New York Times website might be public, but if you constantly take their stories and repost them on your own website, even if you give them credit, they have every legal right to come after you. That's why most bloggers now just post links to stories rather than the stories themselves.

#19   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:20 AM

Well, a little badgering pays off! "O" has added a collection of THIS fine author's works at:

http://www.pridesites.com/omelissokomos/absman420/

Most of his stories are pretty good -- even that "Apollyon" novella that's so damn long! I say check 'em out!
  #20   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Well, a little badgering pays off! "O" has added a collection of THIS fine author's works at:

http://www.pridesites.com/omelissokomos/absman420/

Most of his stories are pretty good -- even that "Apollyon" novella that's so damn long! I say check 'em out!

Pretty good? Feh. They're awesome!

#21   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM

fillups44 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to fillups44 Send a message via Yahoo to fillups44
Hey guys!

Love O's site (I have posted links to it myself) and am happy to see new author's being included in it. I thought Otkuman's original issue was with the location of the post thinking it should be in General. Lots of us do post links to other sites and my feeling it is not rude to our fine host and this cool site.
My own feeling, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. These are links to stories and if people have too much of an issue they can move on to the next posting--no harm done.
Omelissokomos' work is legendary on this site (if he doesn't mind he's actually showing up in the next installment of my Doug saga as a character himself) and is always full of respect for the content of other people's work.
Omelissokomos' reasons for picking certain stories are his own. I'm sure not all his reasons are even related to quality (even though all the authors are wonderful) but perhaps preference for a certain type of story. We all have our own favorites, I don't think listing some is offensive to anyone else's work. It's a positive not a negative.
  #22   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
The Bee Keeper

I'm pleased to have The Magus onboard.

The Trail is one of the very first muscle growth stories I read when I came online... erm, I mean, went online all those years ago.

Here's a bunch of stories you may have missed out on:
  #23   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:49 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Thanks, O. It's an honour to be on your site. I know that your website is at the top of my "must check regularly" list.
  #24   Add to mann007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
New in the gym

mann007 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mann007 Send a message via Yahoo to mann007
I just read The Trail, i loved it... i must read the others as well. Do you roleplay Magus? I'd love to be one of the guys in the story
  #25   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Thanks Mann. I haven't done any RP in years, actually, but these days I don't have reliable internet access (I am potentially putting my job on the line just reading these forums).

I actually have 2 completed and a few almost-completed stories on my computer at home, but I've got no way to post 'em yet. Maybe in a few months.....

Incidently The Trail was only my second MG story. The first was called "The Belt" which should be in the nifty archives, if you go waaaaay back to '97 or '98.
  #26   Add to mann007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2007, 12:12 AM
New in the gym

mann007 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mann007 Send a message via Yahoo to mann007
Quote:
Im unable to find The Belt, someone know where I can get it
Ok, It is in O's... was it there the whole time???

Last edited by mann007; September 13th, 2007 at 01:26 AM.
  #27   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:00 AM
The Bee Keeper

Happy Hallo-Week 2007

The more, the merrier.
  #28   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:58 AM
The Bee Keeper

Sixth Anniversary

This month I'm celebrating my site's sixth anniversary, and I'm starting it off by archiving the stories of 6 of my newest contributors:

Last edited by omelissokomos; July 2nd, 2008 at 04:06 AM.
  #29   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM

6 years already?! Happy Anniversary, O.
  #30   Add to theseventhwave's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM

theseventhwave
[COLOR="Red"]Hello "O",

I have long been a fan of your site - the stories, the art, and the politics. Happy Anniversary!

Justin[/COLOR]
  #31   Add to scott2462's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Back in the gym

scott2462 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to scott2462
Happy anniversary, O! Here's to another great year...
  #32   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,280 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Happy Anniversary!

O,

Thanks for all you do. Your site inspires many of us! Here's to the next six years!
  #33   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,280 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Happy Anniversary!

O,

Thanks for all you do. Your site inspires many of us! Here's to the next six years!
  #34   Add to ToolShedCub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:40 AM

ToolShedCub is on a distinguished road
Tex.

Are you ever going to write anything else for the "spice" series?
  #35   Add to Texzilla's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolShedCub View Post
Tex.

Are you ever going to write anything else for the "spice" series?
This is O's thread for his updates so I don't want to highjack it. So short answer, no. Not writing anything anymore.

Last edited by Texzilla; July 6th, 2008 at 05:43 PM.
  #36   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texzilla View Post
So short answer, no. Not writing anything anymore.
Hey, Tex -- read your post before you edited it. Believe me when I say that's a HUGE loss for everybody, but I completely understand your decision. Haven't written anything in a while, either, for largely the same reasons.

That said, I'm a huge fan of your work. Your "Transition into the Role" stories are some of my all-time favorites. And the "Barber" series never fails to entertain me.

I'm writing a new story myself -- deciding now whether to make it more than one part -- which I will probably post within the next week or so. Anxious to see its reaction.
  #37   Add to Texzilla's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:07 AM

I did write something for O for his 6th anniversary. He was nice enough to post it. But my writing it was a fluke. My selfish attempt to be part of his celebration.
  #38   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
The Bee Keeper

And I'm very thankful for that wonderful surprise, Tex.

For those interested, the story's called Tag, You're It.
  #39   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 17th, 2008, 06:31 AM
The Bee Keeper

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys, and I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome two more authors onboard:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options