The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Reasonably Insane

Thanked 2,303 Times in 192 Posts
Reeza will become famous soon enough
The Gardener (Part 21)

Author's Note: I can't believe it's been almost eight months since I started writing this story! Thank you for sticking with it. I appreciate all of your support, especially the comments and private messages I receive from people who almost never post on the forum. I've made it a personal goal to draw out at least one lurker with each chapter! And I never get tired of hearing from the regular commenters. You're all so darned special!

Previously on The Gardener . . . Big Ed was arrested for arson, Sam was angry at Adam for almost a whole day, Henry was promoted to vice president at the accounting firm, and Adam and Henry shared an apple and had a good talk.

The Gardener
by Reeza

Parts 1 and 2 : Part 3 : Part 4 : Part 5 : Part 6 : Part 7 : Part 8 : Part 9 : Part 10 : Part 11 : Part 12 : Part 13 : Part 14 : Part 15 : Part 16 : Part 17 : Part 18 : Part 19 : Part 20

Part 21

I admit it. I was nervous about having Donna and her family over for dinner. I had never invited anyone other than Sam into the house. And there would be children. I hadn't been around children since I was a child. Will I have to talk to them or play with them or something? I decided to let Sam deal with the kids because they were closer to his age. Her husband, Kevin, was a nice guy. I talked to him for five minutes once. I don't usually last that long.

They showed up around four, as Donna promised. Their oldest son, Colin, was a gangly sixteen year old with bangs that hung over his eyes, giving the impression that he was hiding behind them. I could understand the appeal of that. The girl, Sarah, was confident and talkative like her mother. Their youngest, Mike, arrived with a soccer ball and enough energy to light up a small village. I was terrified.

After greeting them on the front porch, I pulled Donna aside and asked, "What is he gonna do with that soccer ball?"

"I thought he could kick it around your living room if he gets bored. And he's always bored." Typical Donna. I narrowed my eyes at her until she gave me a better answer. "He has a lot of energy, so I thought he could kick the ball around your yard until he wears himself out. Is that okay?"

"Will he stay out of the flower beds?"

"I'll tell him, but I can't guarantee it. I guess I could ask Colin to watch him."

"What are you two conspiring about over there?" That was Kevin.

Donna answered, "Nothing, dear! Hey, Mike . . . Adam says you can kick the ball around as long as you don't damage the flowers, okay? Colin, could you play with him for a while?"

Colin did not hide his feelings. "Mom! Why do I always have to watch him? I don't wanna kick a stupid ball."

Mike shot back, "I don't care! You're bad at it anyway!"

I sighed. And the fun begins.

Sam stepped in, "I'll kick the ball with you, but you're gonna hafta show me how it's done. I never played soccer."

Kevin said, "You must've been a football player in school, am I right?"

Sam shook his head. "No, I wasn't."

"Basketball?"

"No."

"Baseball?"

"Um, a little, but I didn't like it much. I was on the debate team for a while."

I raised an eyebrow. "That explains our dinner conversations."

Kevin looked baffled. Anyone seeing Sam would understandably think he was an athlete, but as a teenager, he probably looked more like Colin. Donna was amused. "Close your mouth, Kev, before a fly gets in there."

Mike had to get moving. "C'mon, Sam! Lemme show you, I'm really good at this!" Sam followed him onto the lawn.

"Thanks, Sam," Donna said. "Keep him running around until he collapses." She turned to me. "So . . . will you give us a tour of your beautiful house?"

I took the other four of them through the house and explained how my parents had restored it. They oohed and aahed over everything, especially the entrance hall and staircase. Sarah asked twenty or thirty questions, but Colin was quiet until we got to my library. "Cool! How many books do you have in here?"

"I don't know. I never thought about counting them."

"Have you read all of them?"

"Most of them. Some of the ones that belonged to my parents didn't interest me."

He started looking at the titles. "We don't have any books at our house."

Kevin said, "That's not true. Your mother has books."

Colin scoffed, "Science fiction, romance novels, the Twilight books."

I looked at Donna with a disgusted expression. "Twilight? Really?"

"Shut up, Adam. Sarah wanted them."

Sarah defended herself. "You read them first, Mom."

Donna gave her a look, then turned back to me. "Colin wants to be a writer."

"Oh yeah? What kind of stuff do you write?"

He tilted his head down so his bangs covered his eyes. "Personal stuff."

"Okay." I tried again. "What kind of books do you like?"

"Good ones." I don't think he was being sarcastic or intentionally difficult, but . . . I looked at his parents.

"Welcome to our world, " said Kevin.

Sarah offered, “I like Jane Austen.”

“Typical girl,” said Colin. He looked at me through his bangs. "Who's your favorite writer?"

"Mine? Oh . . . it's hard to compare some of them. I like Jane Austen, too, but I guess I'd have to say Thomas Hardy is my favorite."

He thought for a moment. "The Mayor of Casterbridge? Jude The Obscure?"

I was impressed. "Yeah, have you read those?"

"Uh huh."

"What about Tess of the D'Urbervilles?"

"Not yet. It's on my list."

I was impressed, but also a little worried. "Jude The Obscure is pretty dark and depressing stuff for someone your age, isn't it?"

"I dunno. I don't think so. It's realistic."

That sounded like something I would have said. Time to change the subject. "Do you want to see my garden?" I led them out to the staircase, and the kids went down first.

Donna whispered, "That was more words than I've heard from Colin in two years."

"Hmm. I like him already."

"How bad are those books he mentioned?"

"Why don't you read them and find out? But there aren't any sparkly vampires in them."

She continued whispering. "Fuck you. You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"I am! I didn't realize how much I would learn about you."

Kevin cleared his throat. "Would you two quit whispering? You're making me uncomfortable."

"I'm sorry, Kevin. Donna was being rude."

"I was not!”

"Yes you were!"

Kevin just shook his head.

I took them through the kitchen and out the back door. My lilies were at their peak, and the air was filled with their sweet scent. Colin and Sarah made a beeline for the pile of burnt lumber that was my garden shed. The crime scene barrier had recently been removed, but Sam put a temporary rope fence around it to protect the kids. Donna and Kevin marveled at all the different types of lilies I had, commented on how much work I had put into the garden, and asked about the circumstances surrounding the fire.

The two kids settled into the Adirondack chairs and played with their cell phones. Kevin, who was an electrical contractor, was suggesting a way to install security cameras so they wouldn't be too visible, when Donna announced that she was going around to the front of the house to check on Mike and Sam. A few minutes later, Kevin stopped talking in the middle of a sentence and said, "I think I hear my wife yelling at someone." We listened. I heard an argument.

As we walked quickly around the house to the front yard, there was a screech of car tires. Sam was standing on the grass with his hands over Mike's ears, and Donna was in the middle of the street, yelling at the car that was disappearing down the block. Mike broke free from Sam and ran up to Kevin. "Dad! You missed it! Mom was in a fight with the lady in that car and she said a bunch of swears!"

"She did? I don't wanna hear you repeating any of those, okay? Those words are for adults only."

Sam looked a little shaken. "I don't think I'm old enough to hear some of the things she said."

I took a wild guess at what had happened. "Was it the Weasel Woman?" Sam nodded.

Mike was fascinated. "What's a Weasel Woman?"

"Um . . . it's a woman who looks and acts like a weasel."

"Awesome! What's a weasel?"

"We'll look that up when we get home," said Kevin. He looked at Donna as she stomped towards us. "Honey . . . what did you do?"

"That fffff . . . woman . . . was taking photographs of our son playing with Sam! I saw her when I came around the house and I went right down there to ask her what the fffff . . . heck she was doing. She started spouting all this crap about . . . stuff I can't repeat, so I gave her a piece of my mind!"

Kevin looked worried. "Was it that really angry piece of your mind?"

She took a breath and let it out. "Yes, that piece."

"Oh, God. Did you hit her?"

"No! I was very calm!"

"Yeah, I could hear how calm you were from the back yard."

"Kevin . . . if you had met this ffff . . . woman . . . "

I jumped in. "It's true. The Weasel has a gift for making you lose your shhh . . . temper. Right Sam?"

"She's not very friendly." I looked at him. Is that all you've got? He shrugged his big shoulders.

Donna started poking her finger at her phone. "I took a picture of the fff . . . here! Just look at her!" She shoved the phone at Kevin.

"Oh!" He made a face. "Those are some beady eyes! Why was she taking pictures of Mike? And why is she called the Weasel Woman?" I glanced at Mike, and Kevin understood. "Hey Mike, why don't you go in the back and tell Sarah and Colin about Mom's fight."

"Oh, yeah! They're gonna be jealous!" Mike grabbed his soccer ball and ran towards the driveway.

"But don't repeat the words she said!"

Sam followed Mike. "I'll go and keep him away from the burnt shed."

Donna called out, "Thanks, Sam! You're a sweetheart!"

I led Kevin and Donna up to the porch where we sat and discussed the history of the Weasel Woman and her flyer. Donna caught her taking photographs from the street while Mike was trying to tackle Sam on the front lawn. She got close enough to confront her before the Weasel knew what hit her. "When I told her that was my son, she asked me why I would let him play with a 'sexual deviant.' It was all I could do to keep myself from scalping her with my bare hands." Donna was still visibly angry about the encounter.

Kevin rubbed her shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, honey. You stayed out of jail this time."

I crinkled my forehead. This time? There was a lot I didn't know about Donna. "You were smart to take pictures of her. Those might come in handy some day. Did you get a picture of her car and her license plate?"

"You're damn right I did! That's when she started screaming that I was violating her rights. Can you believe that fucking bitch?"

"Oh, I believe it. Do you think the pictures she took of Sam and Mike are gonna look bad?"

"They were just playing! Mike was having a great time, but anything can look bad to someone with a fucked up head."

"She definitely has a fucked up head. She's been harassing a disabled man down the street about the peeling paint on his house."

"Are you kidding?"

"Nope. She got the building inspector to give him a citation. Hey, what did you think of that hairdo?"

"You mean her helmet? Do you know how much hairspray that takes? I wish I had a lighter with me . . . she would be so flammable!"

Kevin felt the need to calm her down. "Now, Donna . . . don't start fantasizing. You know where that leads."

Where does it lead, dammit? I wanna know! I needed to settle down, as well. Kevin was obviously a calming influence on Donna, but I could tell he loved her explosive side as much as he appreciated her usual rational way of dealing with things. I stood up. "I'm sorry you had to meet the Weasel, but we shouldn't let this spoil our time together. I should get started on dinner before Sam and the kids get too hungry."

Kevin smiled. "You talk like he's one of them. How old is he anyway?"

"Twenty . . . almost twenty-one, as he would say."

"What? That's crazy! He's huge!"

I tried to downplay that. "Really? He's only six-five or something like that. That's not so big."

"He's gotta be taller than that, but that's not what I meant. He's built like a brick shit house! He must work out like a maniac."

"Oh, I don't know. I don't pay too much attention to that." Donna rolled her eyes at me. "But Sam's kind of self-conscious about his size, so it's best not to bring it up in front of him."

Donna looked disappointed. "So I shouldn't ask to squeeze his biceps and feel his abs?"

In the iciest tone I could manage on a hot day in July, I said, "No."

We walked around the house to the garden where we found Sam kicking around the soccer ball with all three of the kids. Kevin and Donna were amazed that he could get them all to cooperate on anything. "Can we rent him on weekends?"

Again, I said, "No."

When Sarah and Colin saw their mother, they started asking her about the encounter with the Weasel Woman. Apparently Mike had built the story into an epic battle worthy of a comic book series. I got the feeling that all the kids admired Donna's ferocious temper, but I wondered if they ever got a taste of it when they misbehaved. If they did, it didn't seem to hurt their relationship with her. She was affectionate with them in the same way she was with me at times. I was glad she was my friend, and I was a little jealous of her family.

I invited everyone to get beverages from a cooler we set out on the back porch - soft drinks for the kids, and beer for Kevin. Sam picked up a bottle of beer and glanced at me for a sign of approval. I shrugged at him, not wanting to play the parental role with him. I invited Donna into the kitchen and hauled a big box of White Zinfandel out of the refrigerator. We had the same taste in alcoholic beverages - cheap, sweet and available in large containers. She sat down at the table with her glass while I started preparing dinner. "Do you want any help?"

"No, I have my own way of doing things."

"I thought you might. What are we having?"

"We're grilling hot dogs and Italian sausages, and I made a pan of macaroni and cheese and a fruit salad and some raw vegetables. And I made lemon meringue pies for dessert. Will that satisfy everyone?"

"That sounds great. Colin doesn't eat meat, just so you know. I'm surprised you didn't make something weird and fancy."

I furrowed my brow. "Why? Because that's how gay men cook?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Well, the mac and cheese is made with smoked Gouda."

She held out her hand. "See what I mean? You couldn't just use Velveeta."

Sarah came into the house to join us. "Can I hang out in here, or are you having a private conversation?"

We both welcomed her, but I had second thoughts when she started to ask me questions.

"So . . . Adam . . . what's it like to be gay? Do you like it?"

"Umm . . ." I looked at Donna to see if she would rescue me, but she just gave me a blank stare. "Gee . . . no one ever asked me that before, um . . . I don't know what it's like to be anything else. It was kind of hard while I was growing up, but I suppose every kid has something they struggle with, so I don't know. I guess I'm getting used to it." I thought about it a little longer. "Actually, it's a lot better than it used to be. I like it now.' Donna smiled as she listened.

Sarah had more questions. "How long have you known Sam?"

"Uh, since December, so . . . six or seven months."

"Did you have another boyfriend before that?"

"No. He's my first."

"You didn't date any other boys?"

"No, I didn't."

"How come?"

I thought about what to say, and decided to be honest. Why not? "Because I was too afraid."

"Really? I'm afraid to have a boyfriend, too."

That surprised me. "Why is that?"

She took her time. "Because it's . . . I don't know . . . it just makes me feel weird, like I won't know what to do and I'll make a mistake and, like, everyone will make fun of me and I won't have any friends anymore."

"Yeah, that's pretty close to the way I felt."

"So how did you get over it with Sam?"

"I didn't." I smiled. "I felt weird, and I didn't know what to do, and I was embarrassed. But he wouldn't give up. He just kept trying until I wasn't so afraid anymore. I don't think it was easy for him either, but he had more . . . courage, I guess. I was lucky. I think everybody is afraid at first, right, Donna?"

"Uh huh." That's all she added.

Sarah was standing next to me at the counter. "Sam is really cute."

I grinned. "Yes, he is.”

“Is that why you liked him?”

“Yeah, at first, but then I found out he's smart and funny, too. I'm not much of a talker with most people, but I liked talking with him. I still do."

“My friend, Andrea, says that gay guys just like to have sex all the time with as many people as possible. Is that true?”

“Um . . . Donna, did you wanna jump into this conversation?”

“No, not really.”

“Okay . . . well . . . I don't think we have sex more than straight people do. And some straight people have sex with as many people as possible, so why would your friend say that?”

“I don't know. She thinks she knows everything. I can't wait to tell her she's wrong.”

“I'm glad I could help.” I had a feeling she was finished with her questions, but she had one thing to add.

“Sam loves you.”

"How do you know?"

"I asked him."

I laughed. "Of course you did. You ask a lot of questions."

She smiled. "I know! Everybody tells me that, but that was the only question Sam would answer. He said my other questions were too personal and that was the only thing that mattered anyway."

Why didn't I think of that? I looked at Sarah. “So, do you see why I love him?”

She laughed awkwardly. “Yeah.”

I heard the back door open and close, and Sam walked in. Sarah sat down at the table with her mother and they both giggled. "What's going on in here?" he asked.

"Nothing. We were just talking about you."

"Oh yeah? What were you saying?"

"Sarah thinks you're cute."

"Adam! You weren't supposed to tell him that!" She put her head down on the table and covered it with her arms.

"Sorry."

Sam blushed and smiled. "That's funny, she said the same thing about you a little while ago."

Sarah groaned. "Oh my God, I'm so embarrassed!"

Donna stroked her hair. "You don't need to be embarrassed, honey. I think they're both cute, too."

"Oh my God, Mom! You're married! I'm gonna go tell Dad you said that." She got up and headed for the door.

"Go ahead and tell him. He knows what I'm like." She smiled at us and drank some wine.

Sam asked, "Do you want me to start the grill?"

"Yeah, that would be great. I'll get the meat ready."

After Sam left, there were a few minutes of silence before Donna said, "You're really a sweet man, do you know that?"

"Shut up!" I knew she wasn't kidding, but I wanted to pretend that she was.

After another quiet moment, she said, "Sam was lucky to find you."

"Shut up!" God! Why do people have to get all mushy?

By the time the hot dogs and sausages were on the grill, the sky had grown cloudy and it looked like a summer shower was coming. We decided to eat in the dining room. I asked Donna to help me set the table with my Mother's china and glassware.

“Why don't you just use the paper plates and plastic cups you have in the kitchen?”

I looked at her like she was crazy. “Those are only for outdoor eating. I'm not putting those on my dining room table.”

“Okay . . . whatever! I knew you would find a way to make it fancy. So we'll have hot dogs on fine china.”

“Do you want your kids to experience Gay World, or not?”

“I bet Sam would use the paper plates.”

Like the mature person that I am, I repeated that line in a high pitched, mocking voice, and added, “Have your kids ever eaten off china?”

“I have china. It was a wedding present.”

“That's not what I asked.”

“Sam would have used the paper plates.”

I heard a few raindrops hit the windows, and the kids started coming through the back door. Mike yelled, “It's raining!” and ran into the dining room. When he saw the table set with china, he stopped in his tracks. “Whoa! Do I have to sit at a separate table, Mom?”

Donna smiled, more at me than at Mike. “No, sweetie, Adam wants us all at this table! Isn't it fancy?”

“It's like that restaurant you took us to that one time when I broke that thing.”

Donna watched my face for a reaction, but I refused to show any sign of disturbance. “Well, try to be more careful this time, okay, Mike?”

“I will. Can I sit at the end of the table?”

“Adam? Do you have place cards for us?” Her tone was a little bit sarcastic.

“No. He can sit at the end if he wants to, and maybe you or Kevin can sit next to him.”

The other two kids walked in. Colin said nothing, but immediately sat at the opposite end of the table. Sarah gushed about how pretty everything was and used her phone to take a photograph. “Andrea is gonna be so jealous.” She and Donna took the chairs closest to Mike's end of the table.

I went to the kitchen to bring out some of the food that was ready. I took the mac and cheese out of the oven as Kevin came in the back door with water spots on his shirt. “Sam's getting wet out there, but he'll be here in a minute. You want me to carry anything?” I sent him into the dining room with the fruit salad and vegetable tray.

A minute later, Colin came into the kitchen. “My Dad said I should offer to help you. Do you want help?”

“Sure. What do you want to drink?”

“Can I have a beer?”

“What's your second choice?”

“A Coke?”

“Would you mind bringing that cooler in from the porch?”

“Okay.” He went out the back door and came back almost immediately with a platter full of grilled sausages. “What do you want me to do with these pig entrails stuffed with ground up pig scraps?”

I couldn't help but smile. I liked the kid. “Just take them in the dining room. But the hot dogs are made of ground up cow parts.”

Sam came in carrying the cooler, with wet hair and bulging biceps. “It's really raining out there. My shirt is soaked.” It was indeed. The light blue t-shirt was stuck to him like a second skin. I made a vow to keep my eyes off him during dinner so I wouldn't embarrass myself.

“Do you have any clean shirts down in the laundry room?”

“No, I just put them in my apartment this morning.”

“I guess you'll have to go shirtless, then.”

“Very funny.” He really wasn't amused.

“Use the towel in the bathroom to dry off. I'll get the rest of the food on the table.”

Within a few minutes, I was seated across from Donna and Kevin and I started to dish out the macaroni and cheese. Sam arrived last and took the empty chair to my left, with Colin to his left. Donna did very little to hide her appreciation of Sam's body in a wet t-shirt, especially because I was in the best position to see where her eyes were roaming. Sam was pleased to see the china on the table. "This is nice, Adam. I was hoping we would use the good dishes one of these days."

I made a point of looking at Donna. "I'm glad you said that, Sam. Donna thought you would prefer to use paper plates, but I insisted on the china."

"No way . . . paper plates are for picnics. Can you pass those buns over here?"

Donna tried to wipe the evil grin off my face. "Well, Sam, you'll be sorry later when Adam makes you wash all of these dishes."

Sam glanced at me and smiled. "He won't have to ask. I love to wash dishes." I wish I could have photographed the exquisite smugness of my own facial expression along with Donna's curled lip, so I could keep them as a trophy.

Kevin muttered, "Thanks a lot, Sam. Did you have to raise the bar one more notch?"

"Sorry."

Donna rubbed her husband's arm. "Don't worry, honey. Nobody could be as perfect as Sam, but you're still well ahead of Adam."

Sarah defended me. "Mom! That's not very nice."

I chimed in like a spiteful brat. "Yeah, Donna . . . that's not very nice."

Kevin asked Sam, "What is it with these two? Are they friends or enemies? I'd swear they're like . . . eight years old." Donna and I made faces at each other.

Sam swallowed a mouthful of something and said, quite plainly, "They like each other so much it scares them, because they don't like to express their feelings." We looked at each other like he was spoiling our fun.

There was a moment's pause before Kevin sat back and said, "That's exactly what she's like. And you're saying he's the same way?"

Sam nodded, "Yep," and shoved a hot dog in his mouth.

Kevin said, "Man, we need to go out for some beers one night. We've got a lot to talk about."

Donna said, "That's not happening!" at the same time I said, "Absolutely not!" Our better halves grinned at each other.

"Does everyone have enough mac and cheese? Don't be shy. Mike? Do you like it?"

"It's not like my Mom makes it. It smells like feet." He giggled.

"Mike! That's rude," Donna said. "Eat your hot dog."

Colin spoke. "I'll have more. At least it's made with real cheese instead of that radioactive orange powder." He passed his plate to me.

Sam noticed that he wasn't having any meat. "Is there something wrong with the sausages? Did I cook them long enough?"

Kevin said, "They're fine. Colin doesn't eat meat."

"Why not?"

Colin replied, "I won't eat anything that has a face. Do you know what sausage is made of?"

"Yeah, I grew up on a farm, we used to make sausage all the time. It's funny you should mention faces, because that's one part of the animal that gets made into sausage." He went into a rather graphic description of the sausage making process that was very amusing to Colin and Mike, but for different reasons. Mike enjoyed anything that was gross, and Colin enjoyed the looks on all of our faces while we listened to Sam.

When he was finished, I held up the platter of sausages. “Would you like any more? Anyone?”

Everyone waved me off except for Mike. “I'll have one! I wanna eat a pig's face!”

“Alright, then. Well, it's a good thing I made the mac and cheese, right Colin?”

He was pleased with himself. “I bet you're all sorry you ate those sausages.”

“I'm not,” said Sam. “They won't go to waste while I'm around. So . . . do you wanna know how cheese is made?”

Kevin said, “No! Please! If you ruin cheese for me, then we're not gonna be friends.”

Sam grinned. “You'd probably like the first part. It starts off with squeezing tits once a day.”

Everybody laughed, but I could tell Donna didn't expect to hear something like that from Sam. “Okay, boys! That's enough of that.”

Mike giggled and stated the obvious. “Sam said 'tits.'”

“Yes, we heard that, Mike! Now eat your pig's face.”

I leaned into Sam and asked, “Did you have more than one beer?”

“Why? Are you keeping track?”

“Just curious.” I really didn't mind whether he drank or not. Everyone was having a good time, and I was glad their visit was going so well. I was already looking forward to socializing with them again. Then Kevin brought up another topic.

“So, Adam . . . Donna tells me you've got a new vice president at your office. What's his name? Henry something or other?”

“Uh . . .” I saw Sam's fork stop halfway to his mouth. “Yeah, Henry.” I looked at Donna who was observing Sam's reaction. Shit! Kevin looked at Sam, then at me, and then at Donna.

Sam lowered his fork. “What happened now? Was Henry promoted?”

“Yeah, didn't I tell you? This just happened. It was announced on Friday, so . . .”

“That's kind of . . . big news, isn't it? And you didn't think to . . . mention it . . .”

“Like I said, it just happened. And we were both at work all day yesterday. I thought I said something to you . . .”

“No, you didn't. I would have remembered that.”

The kids were paying close attention to us, and Kevin looked confused. “I'm sorry, did I stick my foot in something?”

Donna attempted an explanation. “No, it's just that Adam thinks Henry is his friend, and Sam and I disagree, to say the least.”

I put my hand up. “Actually, I've changed my mind about that. I think you were both right about some things.”

I could see Sam trying to decide whether to continue eating or not. “So, who's gonna tell me how he became a vice president?” Donna's eyes made it clear that I should do it.

“You know that whole sexual harassment thing I told you about? Well, Henry used that situation to become Mr. Zipinski's confidant, and Zipinski decided that Henry could be trusted to manage certain aspects of the business, like the human resources department.”

Sam looked at Donna. “How did Henry know about the sexual harassment stuff?”

“This is where it gets interesting. Henry's good friend told him about it.” She looked at me.

“Adam?! Why would you do that?” I could feel heat coming off Sam's body.

“I know it sounds like that was a mistake, but it actually turned out pretty well, I think.”

“Really? You think it's good that Henry got promoted?”

“No, but something is being done to protect the women in the office from Zipinski.”

Donna scoffed. “Yeah, until Henry starts to get rid of us!”

“No, he said that won't happen. He told me your job is secure.”

She narrowed her eyes. “What do you mean? When did you talk to him about me?”

“Um . . .” Fuck! Fuckety, fuck! Things were going so well . . .

“He wasn't there on Friday, so when would you have seen him?”

Sam put his hands flat on the table and sat back. A worried look developed on Kevin's face. “Y'know, it looks like the rain stopped. Why don't I take the kids outside for a while so you three can talk about this?”

Donna approved. “That's a good idea, Kev. Kids, go with your father. We'll have dessert a little later.”

I objected. “No, they should stay! We can talk about this some other time, right?”

She shook her head. “No. Go on kids.” Kevin stood up.

Mike was disappointed. “I wanna see who wins!”

Colin said, “This is so cool!”

Sarah disagreed. “I don't like this. Good luck, Adam!” She was the first one to leave, followed by the reluctant boys and their father.

So there we were. It was suddenly very quiet in the room, except for the sound of Sam taking deep breaths. I hope he's going to his happy place. Donna's scowl suggested that she had arrived in a very unhappy place and had no immediate plans to leave. I decided to take the lead. “Okay, look . . . Henry stopped at the office yesterday while I was there, but . . .”

Sam lifted his hand and hit the table with a bang that caused all the dishes to shift. I nearly jumped out of my chair. “God dammit, Adam! Why don't you tell me these things when they happen so I don't get blindsided like this?” His hands turned into fists, but he stopped himself from banging on the table again. He stood up so he could start pacing.

“I was gonna tell you last night, but I wanted to wait for the right time!”

“Oh! And this was a great time for it to come out! While we have guests!”

“Well, I didn't bring it up! Kevin did!”

“At least somebody tells me what's going on in your life!”

“That's not fair, I . . .”

Donna intervened. “Stop it! The two of you can argue about this later! I want to know what happened with Henry!”

“Yeah! Me too, Adam. Tell us what you did while you were alone with Henry!” He started doing laps around the table like a restless tiger at the zoo.

“He was out riding his bicycle, and he saw my truck in the parking lot, so he came into the office. I didn't want him there, but what could I do?”

Donna suggested, “You could have kicked him in the nuts! Did you do that?”

“Yeah, right! I should kick the new vice president in the nuts! Good plan!”

“So what did he want?”

“He said he was just visiting . . .”

Sam didn't let me finish. “Fuck! Adam, don't be so fucking na?ve!”

“I'm not! I know you were both right about him, but let me tell you . . .”

“What did he do to you?!”

'SAM! If you don't settle down, I'm not gonna tell you anything. You're scaring me!”

He stopped pacing and took a breath. Donna stood up. “C'mon, Sam. Sit down and try to relax.” She pushed him into the chair next to hers and stood behind him with her hands on his shoulders. “We both need to calm down and let Adam tell us what happened.” She started massaging the muscles at the base of his neck. “Jesus! These feel like rocks! Take some deep breaths and relax your shoulders while Adam tells his story. And we won't interrupt him, okay?”

He grumbled. “Alright, I'll try. That feels good. I wish Adam would think of doing that once in a while.”

I fluttered my eyelids to avoid rolling my eyes. “Okay, I know . . . I'm a shitty boyfriend. But you might change your mind when I'm finished.”

Donna snapped, “Just tell it, Adam.”

"I'm gonna say up front that you were both right about him. He tried to seduce me."

Sam leaned forward and was about to speak, but Donna put both of her hands on his jaw and pulled him back, holding his mouth shut. He closed his eyes tightly and inhaled.

"He really tried, but he didn't succeed. I played along with him . . ." Sam's eyes opened. ". . . while I got what I wanted. I gave the impression that I would do whatever he asked on one condition - I wanted your job to be secure, Donna. That's when he told me that none of the women in the office could be fired because it would look like retaliation for the sexual harassment complaints. I guess he met with Zipinski and his lawyer on Friday." I paused to see if either of them would say anything. Donna took her hands off Sam's jaw, but he didn't speak.

"So he kept trying to seduce me. I mean, he was really obvious about it . . ."

Sam started to tense up again. Donna rubbed his shoulders - I noticed that her hands were roaming a bit - and suggested, "Maybe you could skip over some of the details. Sam doesn't need to hear this."

"Oh yes I do," he said.

"Yeah, I agree. I'm not leaving anything out because I don't want to be accused of hiding stuff. Henry was wearing this green spandex cycling outfit that revealed everything, including his erection. I'm happy to say, I was not impressed." I held up my pinkie finger and Donna smiled. "He was so sure that he was finally winning me over, but I really wasn't tempted at all. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him to go home. He couldn't believe it." Sam's expression softened. "Then I turned the tables on him and suggested that someone might think he was sexually harassing me, especially now that he has some authority at the firm. I lied and told him there were security cameras in the building that would have recorded what he was doing, and he believed it! He started back tracking, said he was just kidding, that he was counting on me, and then he practically ran out of there."

They both stared at me. They certainly weren't expecting my story to go that way, and I guess I couldn't blame them.

Donna asked the first question. "Are you sure you're telling us everything? You're not leaving anything out?"

"I don't think so. Wait! We ate an apple that he stole off someone's desk. He ate part of it, and I finished it."

Sam, who seemed to have calmed down, said, "Maybe you should get tested for STDs again."

"I hope you're kidding."

"You didn't touch him at all?"

I thought about it. "I touched his knee when I told him to go home. That was it."

"Let me ask you this," Donna said. "If he said that you had to blow him before he would promise that my job was safe, would you have done it?"

"No. No way. I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but . . . I told him I'm in a committed relationship and nothing is gonna happen between us."

"That's the correct answer, Adam. But I'm grateful that you were looking for a way to protect me."

"Besides, I could practically floss my teeth with his dick, it was so thin. I'm used to something more substantial."

Sam smiled a little and turned red. "So, you're not gonna hang around with him anymore, right?"

"Sam . . . I have to work with him. I know he can't be trusted, but I'm better off having a friendly relationship with him. At least I'll have some idea about what he's doing. Wouldn't you agree, Donna?" Please, please, please, please, please agree with me!

"Well . . . I like the way you turned the sexual harassment thing against him. I have to admit, you handled him better than I thought you would."

She was giving it some serious thought. Is she actually gonna say she was wrong about me?

"I'm tempted to say I underestimated you . . . but . . . I don't think that's true. I think you've changed. You're more . . . confident and assertive. You're stronger than you used to be."

Oh. I had to think about that. Am I stronger? Hmmm . . . y'know . . . I think she's right. I don't want to tell her that, but . . . "You're right. A few months ago I wouldn't have handled that situation the way I did. And I understand why the two of you didn't trust me around Henry. But, lately, I do feel more confident, and stronger, I guess. And . . . you both had a lot to do with that. You've really helped me feel better about myself. So, thank you."

A smile crept across Sam's face. Donna's chin quivered. "Why do you keep making me cry?"

I gave her a moment to get those emotions back in their box. "Are we okay now? Can we call your family back in here for dessert?"

"In a minute." Sam stood up and walked around the table. "First I get to hug the crap out of you. It'll be your punishment and your reward."

I looked up at him. I was relieved to see that he wasn't angry anymore, so I slipped into my usual grumbly role and rose from my chair. "Alright, I suppose I owe you that much. Try not to break my back, and let go before I black out, okay?"

When he wrapped his arms around me, I felt his strength more than usual. It was a tight hug, but not quite painful. While he had me immobilized, he put his lips to my ear and whispered, "If Henry ever touches you or hurts you in any way, I'm gonna break a lot of his bones. A lot. Very easily." I was instantly hard. He held me a little while longer, then let me go with a kiss to the forehead. I felt dizzy.

Donna sighed. "Okay, it's my turn." She jumped up.

"Oh, God! Haven't I suffered enough? Can you at least make it quick? And don't get any lipstick on me."

"Sam, you can get Kevin and the kids. They're probably dying to know what happened." She cradled my head in her hands and pressed her cheek against mine. She, too, whispered in my ear. "I didn't want Sam to hear this, but if Henry ever comes between the two of you, I will kill him. Do you understand? And that's not just an empty threat." My hard-on deflated. She hugged me warmly and pulled away with an enigmatic smile.

What the fuck? Can't I get a normal, non-violent hug anymore?

I heard the kids coming through the back door, with Mike in the lead. He ran up to Donna and looked at me. "What happened? Who won the fight?"

"It wasn't a fight, we just had a friendly discussion."

Colin wasn't deterred. "Sure, Mom. Then tell us who won the friendly discussion."

Sam conceded first. "Adam won. Didn't he, Donna?"

I knew she didn't want to say it, but because Sam was asking she gave in. "Alright . . . Adam won." I refrained from showing it, but inside I was gloating.

Kevin was very impressed. "I can't believe it! I thought you were a goner, for sure. I wouldn't have gone up against either one of these two, but both of them together?" He held his hand up in the air with his palm facing me. I looked at it curiously until he explained, "Uh . . . high five?"

"Oh! Sorry." I awkwardly slapped his hand and felt a little tingle in my groin, signaling my initiation into realmanhood. I wondered if I would start chewing tobacco.

Naturally, Sarah had questions. "So, who's Henry and what's wrong with him? Why don't you like him, Mom? Sam, are you still mad at Adam? Why don't you like Henry?"

Sam just smiled at her. "You know what my Dad used to say when I asked too many questions? He'd say, 'Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green?' That meant I should stop asking questions." Nevertheless, to reassure her and anyone else who might be worried, Sam put his arm around my neck and playfully pulled me against his chest. "Besides, how could I stay angry at this guy? Just look at him!" He gave me a noogie.

I elbowed him in the gut and pulled away from him with a grin. On any other day, that would have been foreplay. I couldn't very well slip my hands inside his shirt or bite his nipple, but I was thinking about it. "Alright, who wants lemon meringue pie?"

Everybody helped Sam clear the table. I took dessert plates from the china cabinet and went to get the pies. While we ate dessert, I asked Donna's family for embarrassing stories about her. The kids contributed enthusiastically with stories about confrontations with strangers and things she did in front of their friends, while Donna tried to defend her behavior in each instance. Then Kevin told a story about how rude she was to him the first time he asked her out, but his obvious affection for her made it clear that he loved her from the beginning. She rewarded his story with a kiss. Colin decided that was, "gross," but he smiled when he said it.

After accepting her embarrassment graciously, Donna said, "Sam, why don't you tell us about the first time you met Adam?"

Sam looked at me to see if he should do it or not. I shrugged and nodded. He told the story of the day he came to look at the apartment for rent, and how I tried to discourage him at the same time I was giving him coffee and cookies as he filled out the application. I kept quiet, having no objection to the way he characterized my behavior. For the first time, I was treated to his impersonation of me, which seemed a little exaggerated, but was amusing. He finished the story by saying, "And that's what made me decide that I was going to get to know him, whether he let me have the apartment or not."

When he finished, everyone was quiet, so Sam took another forkful of pie. Then Sarah said, "Awww, Mom."

I looked across the table to see Donna blotting tears from her eyes with a napkin. Under her breath she said, "Gosh darnit!." And Kevin rubbed her shoulder.

After we said our goodbyes at the front door and exchanged promises to get together again soon, we closed the front door and stood in the entrance hall. Sam looked at me, as if he were assessing my mood. "Are we okay?"

"I dunno. Are we?" I put my hand on his chest and felt his heartbeat. "I've been wanting to touch you for hours."

"Well, you can make up for lost time." He stood still and let my hands roam. "I was afraid you were angry at me."

"For what." I slipped my hand under his shirt.

"For losing my temper again. For not trusting you."

"You had your reasons." His skin was warm and smooth, and everything underneath it was so hard. "I have a bad habit of withholding information." He continued to stand with his hands at his sides, just letting me feel him. It was unusual, but really sexy. He was watching me enjoy his body. I had both of my arms inside his shirt, with one hand feeling the muscles of his back, and the other rubbing his chest.

"Are you having fun in there?"

"Yes, thank you. It was nice to have people in the house, wasn't it? You were great with the kids."

"Thanks. You handled them pretty well, too. I wonder what the Weasel Woman is gonna do with those photographs of me and Mike."

"I imagine Donna gave her a good scare. But I don't want to think about her right now."

"Me neither." He raised his arms a bit to let me feel his thick lats. "Colin is interesting."

"Yes, he is. I saw a lot of myself in him. He likes the same books that I like."

"Really? It's funny . . . he reminded me of what I was like at that age, too. I was as thin as he is when I was in high school."

"That's amazing."

"I was looking at his arms, and comparing them to mine, and I can't believe how much bigger I am. I don't always realize how much I've changed."

"You're not used to this body yet, are you?"

"No. When I picture myself in my head, I still look more like him."

"Except more handsome, right? And more talkative. More cheerful."

He smiled. "I suppose."

"I want to kiss you, but I can't reach your face anymore, and I can't tackle you to the ground. I wish I could, because I would do it a lot."

"Why don't you try? That could be fun."

"Or you could just pick me up. You know how much I like that." I pulled my arms out of his shirt and looked up at him.

"I like it too, but it feels kind of . . . disrespectful or unfair . . . like I shouldn't do it unless you ask. I don't know how to put it."

"Too dominant?"

He thought about it. "Yeah . . . yeah, I think that's it."

"Well, you have my permission to pick me up whenever you want to. I'll let you know if I don't like it. Deal?"

"Okay. Deal." He smiled and palmed my ass with one hand. "It's not like it's difficult for me." He dragged me up the front of his body until the tips of our noses touched and he looked right into my eyes.

I moaned. "God, I love that." My lips felt the stubble around his mouth, then his moist lip, and his tongue.

A couple of days later, as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to work, I saw a rolled up piece of paper stuck in my front door. My heart skipped a beat. I stopped the truck and got out to find out what it was. Before I retrieved it, I looked at the houses across the street and saw the same thing on most of the doors. I expected the worst. Fucking Weasel Woman!

I grabbed the piece of paper and unrolled it. There were two photographs side by side. The first showed Helen Van Wootten with an unflattering expression on her face. The second was a picture of a weasel. Under both, in large block letters, was the caption, "SEPARATED AT BIRTH?"

I stared at it. I read it again. I compared the photos, and I smiled. It was going to be a good day.

Continued in: Part 22

Postscript: Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

Last edited by Reeza; March 14th, 2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
17013 (February 23rd, 2014), 7thSugababe (February 22nd, 2014), actionjack (February 25th, 2014), aiden831 (February 25th, 2014), akpakpakp (February 23rd, 2014), anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), artsguy (February 23rd, 2014), atbkv (February 23rd, 2014), beachdude (March 3rd, 2014), BigSteve6ft3 (February 24th, 2014), Braun1 (February 23rd, 2014), chocomus (March 2nd, 2014), convolution (February 26th, 2014), Dario (February 28th, 2014), daybird2 (March 11th, 2014), dickasauras (February 24th, 2014), drow13 (February 22nd, 2014), ferro (February 24th, 2014), frankyao2013 (February 28th, 2014), Gman (February 23rd, 2014), GodlyFratboy (February 23rd, 2014), handres (February 23rd, 2014), Hanugumo (February 23rd, 2014), hardmuscl4life (February 23rd, 2014), hawaiimammoth (February 26th, 2014), HeavensNight (March 8th, 2014), hellofriday (February 23rd, 2014), henhu (February 22nd, 2014), hn6huS (February 23rd, 2014), hypnnos (February 23rd, 2014), idiomat (February 23rd, 2014), iowamuslfan (February 23rd, 2014), Jaekel (February 25th, 2014), JKT (February 28th, 2014), jpmtn (February 24th, 2014), jtchef (February 22nd, 2014), kywolfie (February 23rd, 2014), LCathson (February 22nd, 2014), ldaniel13 (February 23rd, 2014), makurra (February 24th, 2014), manlion (February 22nd, 2014), mario2007 (February 23rd, 2014), Mdlftr (February 23rd, 2014), Mike.D.Mass (February 23rd, 2014), milf132 (February 27th, 2014), mlbjock (February 23rd, 2014), Mtn18 (February 23rd, 2014), nnnrg (February 27th, 2014), nvb2 (March 1st, 2014), photoguy (February 23rd, 2014), portamivia (February 23rd, 2014), primo93 (February 23rd, 2014), rairf (February 23rd, 2014), renbear (February 23rd, 2014), revolution2233 (March 19th, 2014), Rippedstud79 (February 24th, 2014), Rubber1984 (February 22nd, 2014), Shade (February 23rd, 2014), ShadowFrost (February 22nd, 2014), sierraca (February 22nd, 2014), sonic260 (February 22nd, 2014), stringra1970 (March 9th, 2014), tadeusz10 (February 24th, 2014), Tamerlein (February 23rd, 2014), tcwd (February 26th, 2014), TJDasen1 (February 24th, 2014), TKnTexas55 (March 2nd, 2014), trax29 (February 27th, 2014), ts1976 (February 22nd, 2014), umlerian49 (February 22nd, 2014), waabo2 (February 23rd, 2014), weaknobody (February 23rd, 2014), Wii (February 22nd, 2014), wjlepetomane (February 22nd, 2014), workmuscle (March 4th, 2014), wrestlejock646 (February 23rd, 2014), xmrr20a (February 23rd, 2014), xxxyj2000 (February 23rd, 2014), ziglet1 (February 24th, 2014)
  #2   Add to jtchef's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:02 PM

jtchef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jtchef
Absolutely amazing story!!! You are gifted and talented writer. Keep the chapters coming please.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtchef For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 22nd, 2014)
  #3   Add to henhu's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:21 PM

henhu is on a distinguished road
You did it again . . . Marvelous denouement and character development. Adam and Sam are really to be envied for being so right for each other and loving. I like the fact that both Donna and Sam have given Adam more self-confidence than at any other time in his life, with Sam providing the muscle back-up to crush Henry or any other common enemy. Of course, I wouldn't want him landing in jail for roughing up Henry, but it may be the only treatment that Henry would understand. Big Sam as the ultimate defender and bodyguard, and loving his role too, in protecting and avenging his man. Now that would be something. . . .Thanks so much for this story. Kudos . . . .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henhu For This Useful Post:
  #4   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
I love Sam.

Also, I would have set fire to that bitch.
The Following User Says Thank You to anpuZA For This Useful Post:
Reeza (February 22nd, 2014)
  #5   Add to sonic260's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:35 PM

sonic260 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeza View Post
Kevin rubbed her shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, honey. You stayed out of jail this time."
Pretty much my reaction.

The Weasel Woman would have totally deserved whatever Donna had planned for her. But dang, I don't think I've ever been so terrified of a character I liked so much. XD

Anyway, back to reading.

EDIT:
You've heard this hundreds of times before, but it can never be said enough: You are truly an amazing writer. It was fun being able to meet the rest of Donna's family and see how they interacted with each other. Adam handled the "Henry matter" better than I had anticipated. Let's hope that's the last of his secrets from Sam. Also, just when you think you've seen it all, Donna continues to surprise you.

Last edited by sonic260; February 22nd, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonic260 For This Useful Post:
  #6   Add to Rubber1984's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:36 PM

Rubber1984 is on a distinguished road
I guess I can be the "lurker" you draw out with this particular section. Reeza, you are one of my absolute favorite writers on this site. I get soooooo excited when I see another part of this story is posted, and as always-this part was phenomenal. Please keep up the amazing work you do!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubber1984 For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 28th, 2014)
  #7   Add to imfit's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:56 PM

imfit is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imfit
I just finished reading the new chapter. This was a great addition. I loved the interaction among Donna's family and Sam/Adam. Though I am awaiting the next turn between Donna and Helen Van Wooten --- does Mrs. Van Wooten have a relationship with Mr. Zipinski -- perhaps they attend the same church. Please continue weaving your web.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imfit For This Useful Post:
  #8   Add to hardmuscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:36 AM

hardmuscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hardmuscl4life Send a message via Yahoo to hardmuscl4life Send a message via Skype™ to hardmuscl4life
Marvelous

Reeza,

I stopped trying to figure out what you would do with the characters in this story and rather just sit back and wait for you to unfold it all like a great elaborate paper crane... Even without the muscular elements which are always hot, the story is interesting and reveals elements of human nature which allow the story to stand on its own. I'm really glad you're turned on by muscle though, and that your skill at including that element in this story is beyond delicious. The easy way in which you bring muscle into the story is... Thrilling.

Many thanks
George

Last edited by hardmuscl4life; February 23rd, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hardmuscl4life For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), jtchef (February 23rd, 2014), maritimemuscle (February 23rd, 2014), Mdlftr (February 23rd, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (February 24th, 2014)
  #9   Add to flamedelft's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 02:12 AM

flamedelft has disabled reputation
Quote:
Where does it lead, dammit? I wanna know!
-me, everyday about this story

Aah, Donna's family was lovely
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flamedelft For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014)
  #10   Add to teaser's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 02:49 AM

teaser is on a distinguished road
Granting your wish, Reeza.

I am granting your wish, Reeza. This lurker's first ever comment on this site to say thank you for sharing your talent and art. The way you have revealed your characters over time is teasingly exquisite. I love how you juxtapose Adam's internal thoughts with his spoken comments and how he is growing into his true self. Demonstrates how well you have thought through your characters as you develop this story seamlessly over time. Would love to get inside the head of Sam sometime, but understand that this story is framed with Adam's perspective in mind. Awaiting Chapter 22. With Respect, Teaser.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teaser For This Useful Post:
  #11   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:18 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Yet another Reeza-ism...

Kevin was very impressed. "I can't believe it! I thought you were a goner, for sure. I wouldn't have gone up against either one of these two, but both of them together?" He held his hand up in the air with his palm facing me. I looked at it curiously until he explained, "Uh . . . high five?"

"Oh! Sorry." I awkwardly slapped his hand and felt a little tingle in my groin, signaling my initiation into realmanhood. I wondered if I would start chewing tobacco.

================

Great! I loved the latest episode. Even with his new confidence and strength, Adam is still endearingly clueless at times.

And Sam!

================
"Well, you have my permission to pick me up whenever you want to. I'll let you know if I don't like it. Deal?"

"Okay. Deal." He smiled and palmed my ass with one hand. "It's not like it's difficult for me." He dragged me up the front of his body until the tips of our noses touched and he looked right into my eyes.

I moaned. "God, I love that."

==================

I second that emotion about this latest episode!

Fun episode!

Mdlftr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), xmrr20a (February 23rd, 2014)
  #12   Add to xmrr20a's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:17 AM

xmrr20a is on a distinguished road
And the hits just keep on coming....

I have to say, you're spoiling us! Chapter after chapter you continue to enthrall us with the unfolding story and fulfill our desires to keep up with the characters. Excellent writing and the character development is fantastic. I don't know what you do for a living, but I hope it involves putting words on paper ;-)

I am really beginning to love Donna!

Love the strength references - easily breaking Henry's bones, lifting Adam up easily. Love it, love it, love it!

...and again thank you for your loving dedication to bringing the characters to life for us and your support of this group. The world at large may consider this a niche, but to me, this is pure literature.

Thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmrr20a For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (February 25th, 2014)
  #13   Add to mario2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:05 AM

mario2007 is on a distinguished road
All I can say is: MORE, MORE, MORE, please!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mario2007 For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), xmrr20a (February 23rd, 2014)
  #14   Add to waabo2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Cinci Corporate Gaylet

waabo2 is on a distinguished road
Glad that Adam and Sam are going to venture into lifting and the mental power play that happens. Interested to see how the dynamic works out with such amazing characters
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waabo2 For This Useful Post:
  #15   Add to marmel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:15 AM

marmel is on a distinguished road
Yep...another fantastic chapter in this extraordinary story. You know you will be writing 50 more chapters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmel For This Useful Post:
  #16   Add to teaser's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:07 PM

Okay, second comment on your story.

Can I just say this had me laughing and smiling at the same time:

It is details like this in your story that have me coming back for more. When can I see your writing in hard print? Sorry, old fashioned and like to cuddle with a book in hand.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teaser For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), nnnrg (February 27th, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (February 24th, 2014)
  #17   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser View Post
Can I just say this had me laughing and smiling at the same time:

It is details like this in your story that have me coming back for more. When can I see your writing in hard print? Sorry, old fashioned and like to cuddle with a book in hand.
First of all, thanks for meeting my lurker quota. I'm thrilled!

I'm so glad people like that little 'high five' scene, because it's taken directly from my life. In my early 30s I was working in an academic environment, and one of the professors I liked was congratulating me on something. He held up his hand, and I just looked at it, not knowing what he was doing. He said, "High five," and it dawned on me what I was supposed to do. After I awkwardly complied, he said, "Haven't you ever been high fived?" I just laughed and said, "No." He looked at me like I was from another planet, and I realized that was one of those things that was common among straight men or athletes, and I was a foreigner in their world. But he was such a nice guy, I'm glad he was my first. I bet I haven't been high fived more than three or four times in the last twenty years.

As far as putting my writing into hard print, that's a nice thought, but I don't know how it would happen. I decided to just finish this story first, and figure out what else to do with it later.

Thanks for your supportive comments.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), jtchef (February 23rd, 2014), Mdlftr (February 24th, 2014), Rubber1984 (March 15th, 2014)
  #18   Add to teaser's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 03:50 PM

Whether it happens or not

Whether it happens or not that you find a way to get this into hard print, just know that your writing is very much appreciated. Best story I have read in a long time and anxiously awaiting the next installment. Best, Teaser
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teaser For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), henhu (February 23rd, 2014), Reeza (February 23rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (February 25th, 2014)
  #19   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:22 PM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Horrible chapter, Reeza... I made it all the way through without exploding.

The high five/tobacco line was my favorite too. It was a pleasure getting to know Donna's family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martinp13 For This Useful Post:
  #20   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Horrible chapter, Reeza... I made it all the way through without exploding.
Dammit! I need to work harder!
The Following User Says Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014)
  #21   Add to TJDasen1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:34 AM

TJDasen1 is on a distinguished road
Dang! I wish I could come up with better superlatives than, "amazing writing", or "beautifully structured", or "holy smokes this is HOT!".

You'll have to suffice with a true and deeply felt thank you for this treasure you call, "The Gardener".

Tim
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TJDasen1 For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), convolution (February 26th, 2014), Reeza (February 25th, 2014), sonic260 (February 25th, 2014)
  #22   Add to makurra's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:10 PM

makurra is on a distinguished road
I agree with TJ...would love to speak a better English to express all that I feel when reading that amazing storie. Reeza...you rock!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makurra For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 27th, 2014)
  #23   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:47 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Sorry to make you wait so long for my applause, but like I said elsewhere, I've been having a dramatic last two weeks, so...

You should know that I cracked up at the last few lines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nnnrg For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (February 27th, 2014)
  #24   Add to HeavensNight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:22 AM

HeavensNight is on a distinguished road
It's been over a week! *hand wringing*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeavensNight For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (March 3rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (March 7th, 2014)
  #25   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:35 AM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensNight View Post
It's been over a week! *hand wringing*
Yes, I'm holding back because you didn't click the 'Thank You' button.

Kidding!

Or . . . am I?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), henhu (March 3rd, 2014), Mdlftr (March 3rd, 2014), nnnrg (March 3rd, 2014)
  #26   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'm holding back because you didn't click the 'Thank You' button.

Kidding!

Or . . . am I?
Weellll, if your slogan is "reasonably insane" that suggests that there's a "method to your madness" i.e., withhold reader gratification until you get what YOU want -- endless praise and strokes.

~~~That's EGO strokes! Of course!

Mdlftr, patiently waiting for the next part...*tapping foot, crossing arms...*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), jtchef (March 3rd, 2014), Reeza (March 3rd, 2014)
  #27   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Weellll, if your slogan is "reasonably insane" that suggests that there's a "method to your madness" i.e., withhold reader gratification until you get what YOU want -- endless praise and strokes.

~~~That's EGO strokes! Of course!

No, I'm open to all kinds of strokes.

(Except the medical kind.)

Last edited by Reeza; March 3rd, 2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Remembered that other kind of stroke.
  #28   Add to TJDasen1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:59 AM

TJDasen1 is on a distinguished road
While awaiting the next chapter, I've gone back to the beginning for a refresher.

Again, just outstanding.

Tim D.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJDasen1 For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Reeza (March 9th, 2014)
  #29   Add to rairf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:47 AM

rairf is on a distinguished road
Please Sir

Reeza! Don't make me beg! Please gift us with a new visit with our favorite couple.

Unless begging helps...

Women love muscle too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rairf For This Useful Post:
  #30   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Reasonably Insane

I hate to keep you waiting, but . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDasen1 View Post
While awaiting the next chapter, I've gone back to the beginning for a refresher.

Again, just outstanding.

Tim D.
Thanks Tim. This is a good time for that because I'm running behind my usual schedule of posting a chapter every two weeks. I needed to take care of some real-world things that I was neglecting, like cleaning my house and planning a vacation.

I've been devoting 90% of my free time to pleasing my readers. I realized this might be excessive when I started resenting my elderly parents for having kidney stones and mini strokes that took me away from my writing. I wanted to say, "I can't visit you in the hospital tonight. I need to work on 'The Gardener.'" (Don't worry, they're both okay.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rairf View Post
Reeza! Don't make me beg! Please gift us with a new visit with our favorite couple.

Unless begging helps...
Please don't, rairf! When other people beg, it merely titillates me. But when you beg, I'm tempted to neglect everything to please you. Can you hear me purring?

So, I probably won't be able to post Part 22 until later this week. Sorry. But it's nice to have people asking about it. I'm never ever bothered by being reminded that people are waiting. Thanks again.
  #31   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Wait, WHAT?

Quote:
Sorry. But it's nice to have people asking about it. I'm never ever bothered by being reminded that people are waiting. Thanks again.
Let's think about that last statement:

"I'm never ever bothered by being reminded that people are waiting."

Uh, the point is that OTHER PEOPLE (yes, Reeza, they DO exist) are adversely impacted when you don't "step it up" and finish and post the next chapter!

It's about THEIR needs, not yours! Hard as that is to believe!

Now get cracking!!

*foot tapping*

*arms crossed*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
  #32   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Let's think about that last statement:

"I'm never ever bothered by being reminded that people are waiting."

Uh, the point is that OTHER PEOPLE (yes, Reeza, they DO exist) are adversely impacted when you don't "step it up" and finish and post the next chapter!
Uhh . . . maybe that did come across the wrong way. What I meant was that I don't mind the nagging and begging, but I'm ever so sensitive to your feelings and needs.

Mdlftr, your suffering in particular is delicious food for my soul. Nom, nom, nom.

Alright, I'll tell my Mom she'll have to tough it out with those kidney stones for a few more months. Or she can take a bus to the hospital. She gets the senior discount fare. Doesn't she know I have work to do?

Last edited by Reeza; March 9th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
  #33   Add to henhu's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM

henhu is on a distinguished road
Years ago I learned this little adage from Corneille's Le Cid: "Il faut faire passer le devoir avant l'amour (i.e., romantic love)." I think this saying applies here: I'm okay that you would prioritize your family obligations before your love for writing this story. Please know that I can wait for your next installment, knowing that it will be the product of your best energies and full attention.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to henhu For This Useful Post:
anpuZA (March 13th, 2014), Mdlftr (March 9th, 2014), Reeza (March 9th, 2014)
  #34   Add to rairf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 02:18 PM

rairf is on a distinguished road
Anticipation

Oh the antici....pation.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Even those little health issues can be stressful.

Keep balance in what you do. Even if it means making our greedy little group wait. I'll withhold begging...for now. I know Sam won't allow himself to be cooped up forever!

Women love muscle too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rairf For This Useful Post:
  #35   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:27 PM

Awww....

Quote:
Uhh . . . maybe that did come across the wrong way. What I meant was that I don't mind the nagging and begging, but I'm ever so sensitive to your feelings and needs.

Mdlftr, your suffering in particular is delicious food for my soul. Nom, nom, nom.

Alright, I'll tell my Mom she'll have to tough it out with those kidney stones for a few more months. Or she can take a bus to the hospital. She gets the senior discount fare. Doesn't she know I have work to do?
...Man You hadto go and interject some heart tugging reality here? Aw geessss......

Go ahead and deal with the important issues. Make Mom pay for the gas at least! (or make you dinner!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
  #36   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Come up 2 the lab

Okay,,, pant pant wheeze, I've clicked every bloody Thank You button in this here thread, so where is it? Where's me fix?!
Reeza (March 13th, 2014)
  #37   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Come up 2 the lab

And now I read the thread, kidney stones aren't fun. My dad had them a few times and it looked scary! My best friends mom also had them and told me it was worse than labour.
Reeza (March 13th, 2014)
  #38   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpuZA View Post
Okay,,, pant pant wheeze, I've clicked every bloody Thank You button in this here thread, so where is it? Where's me fix?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anpuZA View Post
And now I read the thread, kidney stones aren't fun. My dad had them a few times and it looked scary! My best friends mom also had them and told me it was worse than labour.
OMG - You really did click every 'Thank You' button on the thread. You so crazy! I was going to respond to your earlier message with this:

"I can't write, anpuZA. I just had my balls waxed."

But now it's kind of wasted. Thanks for asking, though. I'll have the next part up this weekend, I hope.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
nvb2 (March 13th, 2014), TJDasen1 (March 13th, 2014)
  #39   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:30 PM

O.k. you HAVE to have won SOME kind of award...

Quote:
OMG - You really did click every 'Thank You' button on the thread. You so crazy! I was going to respond to your earlier message with this:

"I can't write, anpuZA. I just had my balls waxed."

But now it's kind of wasted. Thanks for asking, though. I'll have the next part up this weekend, I hope.
...for most UNUSUAL and CREATIVE excuses for stalling:
1. Parental kidney stones AND
2. Having your "balls waxed"? - Is that a "Thing" as in a gay-metrosexual-21st-century-girlie-man-'Yu-go-gurl'-kinda-thang'-THING?

How did I miss this trend! I feel so gauche and outr? and behind the times!

Horrors!!

[Next time just tell us you're sick and have developed a multiple chemical sensitivity to your computer hardware due to off gassing. You'll be able to write, um "Never". Will "never" work for you? Good!]
  #40   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
...Having your "balls waxed"? - Is that a "Thing" as in a gay-metrosexual-21st-century-girlie-man-'Yu-go-gurl'-kinda-thang'-THING?
'Yu-go-gurl'? 'Girlie-man'?

Tell you what, Mdlftr. I will pay for you to have your balls waxed. You've earned it. You'll love it! Trust me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options