The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to taylor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2004, 02:38 PM

taylor
Send a message via AIM to taylor
Has anyone heard anything about Show-Tech

http://www.muscleenhancers.com

What is this stuff? Does anyone know if it really works or not? I can't seem to find anything about it on the web.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2004, 06:31 PM
LeatherGryphon

From the number of pop-ups and the outrageous claims of the product it's just a come-on!

I didn't delve into it further because I've probably already been added to half a dozen spam lists just for visiting the site.

Good gimmic though promise instant gratification. Lure you in with promises of "free", "free", "free"... "muscle", "muscle", muscle" Hit you with a few technical or medical terms. "Tribulus" is that all they're offering? Nearly worthless herb. "Hand picked" (as if that made a difference!) , "imported" (so what) ...

Believe it if you want to, but somewhere in there you gott'a send them money for something and I guarantee you'll get bumkis out of it.

-- LeatherGryphon --

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; January 24th, 2004 at 06:33 PM.
  #3   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2004, 06:44 PM
LeatherGryphon

"Wizard's First Rule"

Great book by Terry Goodkind "Wizards First Rule"

Wizard's First Rule is: "People are stupid! They'll believe anything they want to believe, or are afraid might be true."

Short book report: If you like fantasy stories about wizards, dragons, handsome muscular men (ooh the guards from the bad guy's palace are real hunks!!), beautiful sorcereses, long journeys, strange peoples, etc. then this is worth reading. Might be a classic series someday.

"Wizards First Rule" is the first in a series of eight books. The first 3 are great. 4 & 5 are OK, 6 & 7 are stretching for material and kind'a repetative and blah. I haven't bothered buying #8, probably a waste of time. Each book has another wizards rule. Look for them on the internet, most of them are pretty good insights into human nature.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; January 24th, 2004 at 06:54 PM.
  #4   Report Post  
Old January 25th, 2004, 08:54 AM
LeatherGryphon

Stuff that really works

Of course the absolute best way is to eat right, exercise right, sleep right but that's too much like work for most people.

If you want to get something that really works quickly, look for the stuff that's illegal or becomming illegal.

Creatine works (sort of, if you like that bloated look) but it's under scrutiny.

Many of the "dione/diol" variations work. They are steroid "precursors". They are not steroids themselves but your body can turn them into limited amounts of various steroids.
Andro-stene-dione
Andro-stene-diol
Nor-Andro-Stene-dione
Nor-Andro-Stene-diol
(several other variations based on the number (4 or 5) that preceedes the name. (I'm sooo confuuused). I found that the "diols" work best with least side effects. Of course, since they work, they are, or soon will be, illegal.

Anabolic steroids work best. Many, many types and combinations, a very serious study is required to use them properly without disasterous or deadly side effects. The information's out there READ IT, STUDY IT before you get involved with it. Of course we all know that these products are all highly illegal.

This is the benefit of living in a country (USA) where the government has been given the authority to protect us from ourselves. I've always thought that stupid people (druggees, blubber-butts, drunks) should be provided their drug of choice (e.g. heroin, twinkies, alcohol) free and be permitted and encouraged to overdose themselves without intervention from the government. It might improve the race.

-- LeatherGryphon --

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; January 25th, 2004 at 08:58 AM.
  #5   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
yup, and bush even randomly singled them out in his state of the union--and if the PRESIDENT said it (no matter what you think of him) it MUST be true, right?
Despite that rather bizarre point of his speech, and despite the speech's mere existence, I'll point out that the word "steroid" isn't at all indicative of muscle enhanment.
First off, it's a fat [actually, a lipid; "fat" is just a type of lipid, and steroids are another, but they're all made from "fatty-acids" and are thus grouped together). Now, you may be reelling in terror "STEROIDS A FAT!?!" Not all fat is bad, in fact, without some, you'd be dead. And I'm dead serious. {specifically, I'm talking about the phospholipids that are ESSENTIAL to your cell membranes--I'd explain further, but I'd just bore you with the technical stuff which is rather irrelevent at the moment. I'm only here to bore you with the technical stuff that's relevent}
Ok, back to steroids. Among the kinds of lipids, is the steroid. It has a very special feature: unlike fatty-acids, which are intrinsecly nonpolar [so insoluble in water it repels water--think of vegetable oil and water, the oil is simply a fat], steroids are HALF nonpolar and HALF polar. This means that although half of them repel water, the other half is VERY attracted to water.
Now to the point. We're all quite familiar with Anabolic steroids. Well, other examples of the steroid group is testosterone (yay!) and cholesterol. Yup. That wack cholesterol is vital to your cells (it stabilizes your cell membranes) and, fun fact, roughly 85% of the cholesterol in a body is produced by that body because it's so important.
Ok, I've really dragged out this comment; the point is, I think I was just trying to clarify that just saying "steroid" really doesn't say much.
Oh, and as of this moment I don't know how anabolic steroids do whatever it they do for muscles, but I'll try to find out and get back to y'all .

Things happen.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options