The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM

sl97aq
Progress update

My leg press has gone up to 280 pounds: doubled from December 5th.
My leg extension today was at 120 pounds: which had also doubled from Dec. 5th.
My chest press has reached 100 pounds, the shoulder press and lat-pulldown the same. They have all doubled in weight since December as well.
The one-handed bicep curl is at 22.5, two-handed at 50, and tricep extension at 50 pounds. Only 10 pounds, and 20 pound gains on the first two, a doubling of the last item.
I seem to have hit a plateau. These values were reached after one month: the values in the above paragraph.
I have a personal training session in two days, to change my program. Could that be the solution to the plateau?
My body weight is 106 pounds, up 3 pounds since December.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Your lifts will go up quickly at first and then begin to level off. You can't expect your lifts to increase 100% per month indefinitely. You will also find it easier to continue to increase your compound lift movements rather than isolation type movements. You should mix up your routine periodically when you stagnate but that isn't much of an issue if you have been only training for a month. Meeting with a trainer is smart...get your nutrition in line (you need to eat more if you only weight 100 pounds) and see what type of routine can be developed based on your current strength baseline. Also remember lifting weights is not a sprint but a marathon and it takes time to for your strength gains to manifest into clinically evident increased muscle size.
  #3   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM

sl97aq
Thanks for your advice. How much should I eat in one day?
Some sites says 100g/ kg of body weight of protein a day. Others say about 6 small meals a day, instead of 3 big ones. I guess I won't have trouble eating on the ship, since all food is included. But since I am working as a Dairy Clerk, I don't have much money. However, the lifting itself is why I started working out.
I have tried to include meat in most meals, but I am not good at cooking. Should I try Hungryman: the frozen dinners you see on TV?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options