The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
Smile fat loss questions

Hi guys. You have helped me out before, for which I'm still thankful, and hope that you can do so again. This time, I have a couple questions about fat.

1) I am 6'0" tall, weigh 170 lbs, and have 15% bodyfat. I am happy with my weight (from a fat loss perspective that is), but would still like to get my body fat percentage down, ideally far enough to show my abs that I can feel and know are there. Is it possible, and if so, how, to lower your bodyfat percentage without much change in your overall weight?

2) When I started out my fitness journey, between two and three years ago, I was a fat 275 lbs. I lost 110 lbs, bringing me down to 165, and have since built 5 lbs of muscle. Having lost that much, I now have the problem with the loose flab of skin in my midsection. Are there any suggestions on how to take care of it without resorting to cosmetic surgery? Will the eventual building of my chest pull it tight?

Thanks in advance for any comments. This has been a great group for me, and I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:00 PM
LeatherGryphon

I checked on your profile. born in '75 means you're still young enough to lose weight and your skin should eventually tighten up by itself if you are healthy.

The dramatic weight loss (congratulations) means that your skin has a lot of reconstruction to do. Just stay healthy, and it should eventually recover. Don't fry it in the sun. A little sun is OK but leather doesn't recover as fast as untanned skin.

As for showing your abs. Some body types do not easily show abs. So you may be fighting an up hill battle. Look at your family history. What body types do you see? Where do you think your genes came from? Consider how difficult (or easy) it might be. It's not impossible, but steel yourself for a possible daunting task. Don't make "abs" your only measure of success.

Lowering body fat without loosing weight. Every bodybuilder in the world wishes that. Yes, it can be done. It isn't easy. It probably won't work the first time. You need to learn how your body reacts to food, exercise, sleep, etc. etc. ... It's a delicate & complex balancing act. Don't be discouraged if you fall one side of the scale or the other for a while. Also, muscle is more dense than fat. So when you loose 5 pounds of fat but gain 5 pounds of muscle your arm/chest/thigh etc. measurments will go down. However, you'll LOOK ( and feel) a hell of a lot better.

-- LeatherGryphon --
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options