The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Davey's Destiny - part 11

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

? Eleven ?

?Justin, you okay??

My mind jumped back to the present, and I turned my head. ?Yeah, Brad. Why??

Brad?s fingers curled tighter around the steering wheel. ?You?ve been... sorta faraway.?

?Aw, man. I?m sorry.? I grinned. ?Last night got a little crazy.?

His brow furrowed as he chanced a quick glance at me before returning his attention to the road. ?It?s not just today, man. You?ve been off for weeks. The whole team has noticed it.?

The team? Shit. ?What?re you talking about? My stats haven?t changed.?

?That?s the thing. You?re stats are always changing. You?re always getting better.? He took a left on Maple Street. ?Lately it?s like you?ve been standing still. Trapped in time or something. I know everyone gets into a rut once in a while, but I also know you. What?s wrong??

Brad was right?he did know me. Better than anyone. Still, I wasn?t ready to share. ?Not yet.? I suppressed a chuckle at my response. Maybe I was more like Davey than I?d thought.

He sighed and pulled into my driveway. His eyes rounded as soon as he put the car in park. ?Holy shit. Who?s that??

I followed his gaze, saw my brother sitting on the porch, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. His broad back was stiff as he stared back at us, his swollen pecs jutting out so far that they nearly touched his knees.

?That?s Davey,? I murmured.

?That?s Davey? He?s huge!?

I got my stuff together. ?I know.?

Brad grabbed my arm, stopped me from leaving the car. ?When did this happen?? I didn?t answer, and he put it together himself. ?It was around spring break, wasn?t it? That?s why you were so worried.? His grip tightened. ?Is he why we ended up hanging out at the batting cages that night??

My eyes went wide as I tried to figure out how to explain all of it. Thankfully, my new sunglasses hid the panic.

We both saw Davey shoot to his feet. Brad?s skin paled at the sight. ?He?s taller too??

?Yeah, he?s five foot...? I paused, remembering this morning. ?... one or two, probably.?

Davey clenched his fists, causing his forearms, biceps, even his chest to swell huge.

?Jesus,? whispered Brad. ?He looks like he could do some damage.? His gaze dipped to meet mine: piercing, thoughtful. ?Does he??

I opened the car door. ?I?ll tell you all about it Monday.?

?Justin...? He swallowed. ?Are you going to be alright??

Grinning, I tapped his shoulder with my fist. ?Of course I am. Catch ya later.?

I got out of the car, and Brad reluctantly drove off. Before he was even out of the driveway, Davey rushed to me, grasped my arms. ?Justin!? He yanked me down to eyelevel. ?Are you okay? Was Brad trying to hurt you just now??

?Whoa,? I said, barely able to keep myself from wincing. ?Where did you get that idea??

?I saw him grab you!? He pulled me closer. ?I saw him stop you from leaving the car.?

He was really panicked. I didn?t understand it. ?Brad?s my best friend,? I said gently. ?You?ve known him all your life. He?d never hurt me.?

The fingers digging into my arms loosened. ?Then why???

?He just wanted to tell me something.? My mouth crooked. ?You?re doing the same thing right now, aren?t you??

His breath caught as his hands opened, allowing me to stand straight as they slid to the front of my shirt. ?What did he want to tell you??

?That you were huge.?

Usually, saying something like that would thrill Davey. This time was different. His face sobered as he glanced in the direction Brad?s car had gone. ?Was he scared??

I frowned. ?No, I don?t think so. Just really surprised.?

He met my gaze, his blue eyes shimmering. ?Justin, I??

?What is it?? I reached out, smoothed back his hair. ?What?s wrong??

His face scrunched, with disbelief and? shame, maybe? ?I-I made a mistake.?

He sounded so disturbed by his own admission. Like he wasn?t supposed to make mistakes. ?Oh??

Davey?s fingers twisted into my shirt, dragged me close to him again. ?I shouldn?t have sent you away.? He buried his face in the material, nuzzled my chest. ?Being in the house all by myself? It was? I was??

My left hand was holding a shopping bag, so I looped my right arm around his bare back. My palm naturally slipped to curve over the swell of muscle just beside his spine. ?Afraid??

?No!? yelled Davey, even as he clutched at my chest, my arms, my shoulders. ?I was just? all alone. I-I missed you. I shouldn?t have made you leave.?

A smile curved my mouth. ?Then why did you do it??

He lifted his head, blinked back his tears as a smile of his own shaped his lips. His hand drifted to mine, and he drew me to the front of the house.

I stopped short when I saw the brand new door. Davey didn?t feel me stop, however, and his powerful body dragged me on, making me trip forward.

Davey spun, caught me before I hit the ground. He grinned as he helped me to my feet. ?Do you like it??

During his tantrum last night, Davey had kicked in the door. Shattered it to pieces. Before our parents had left, they?d hung a tarp over the opening. ?Mom and Dad got it fixed already?? I?d called them this morning?they said they?d take care of the front door as soon as they could, and that they?d be coming home tonight.

My little brother shook his head. ?I fixed it.?

?You?? I glanced up at the door. A clean, perfect fit. Professional job, definitely. Even Davey couldn?t? ?H-How??

?I looked through the phonebook for home repair and remodeling companies. After talking to a few of them, I chose the one that made the most sense, and they came here and put in the new door.?

?Davey,? I whispered, looking into his bright eyes. ?Where did you get the money to pay for this??

His chest puffed out. ?I used my savings.?

Savings? What kind of savings could an eight year old have? ?You had that much cash??

?Well, sure.? He let go of my hand, jogged up the porch to run his hand over the wood of the new door. ?I?ve never really had to spend any of my allowance?Mom and Dad buy everything I need and?? He looked over his shoulder, grinned warmly at me. ?? you always get me anything I want.?

My brow furrowed as I slid the bag I held behind my back. ?That can?t be right.?

?It is,? he said, sitting down on the porch and resting thick forearms on his knees. ?Gum or baseball cards or posters.? Davey tilted his head to the side. ?Where do you get the cash??

I felt my skin heat as I scratched my cheek. ?I?m good with money.? Did I really spoil him so much?

He looked like he was going to ask more, so I cut him off with a grin.

?So you got everything fixed? Stairs too? What about your room??

Davey glanced down at the porch. ?No, just the door. Didn?t have enough money to clean up the rest.?

?Ah.? I sat down beside him. ?The most important thing was the front door. It?s good that you fixed that.?

He sat straight, proud again. ?When the guys came here, they didn?t even know I was a kid. They took it for granted that I was a grownup. Isn?t that cool??

I didn?t think it was cool, but I didn?t want to hurt his feelings, so I reached out and ruffled his hair.

Davey leaned into my touch, edged closer. ?Those are nice sunglasses, Justin. Did you buy them today??

I nodded. ?You like them??

?Yeah,? he said softly. ?How much did they cost? Maybe I can start saving again and get a pair.?

It felt good, knowing in some ways he still wanted to be like me. ?Fifty bucks.? I reached into my shopping bag, pulled out a glasses case. ?But you can save your money for something else.?

His eyes lit up as he snatched the case from me. ?You got me some! Are they just like yours??

?Yep.?

Davey opened the case, carefully put the glasses on his face. ?Cool.?

Maybe I did spoil my little brother, but?looking at him now?it was easy to understand why. ?You look good.?

He tilted his face toward the sun. ?I?m not perfect. Yet.?

Still changing. Every second of every day pulled him further away from me, had me fighting harder to hold on. ?No one?s perfect, Davey.?

?I?ll be perfect,? he said, his voice cool and level. He turned his head to look at me. ?You?ll see.?

As I stared back at him, I couldn?t help but wonder?

What was his idea of perfection?

My hand gripped the phone hard enough to turn my fingers white. ?I told you? no. ?

Dr. Harris, who I?d always trusted, kept arguing with me. ?Davey is as close to genetic perfection I?ve ever seen. If we could just study him a bit more, it could benefit everyone.?

Yeah, I?ll just bet he wanted to benefit everyone. I?d caught the article he?d published online. It was obvious that he had intentions of publishing a longer piece in one of the mainstream medical journals, and I was damned if I was going to let him turn my brother into some kind of guinea pig. ?Stop calling here, and don?t come anywhere near my family.?

?If you?d just let me talk to your parents, I?m sure they?d??

My whole body shook with rage. ?How many times to I have to tell you? You?re not getting anywhere near??

A big hand clamped over my shoulder, and another one wrenched the phone from my grip. My eyes widened when I saw Davey frown into the receiver.

?Why are you upsetting my brother?? he asked coldly.

I reached for the phone. ?Davey, give that to me. This is grownup??

Davey caught both my wrists in one hand and held me immobile. ?Answer me.?

I struggled to pull free of his fingers, but he didn?t even seem to notice, looking directly into my eyes. ?Tests??

With a start, I realized he was tall enough to see over my shoulder now. He?d grown that much? In one day?

The voice on the other end of the line was smooth, cajoling. I couldn?t make out the words, but I?d just gone through the speech, so I knew what the doctor was trying to do.

Davey effortlessly dragged me closer. ?Do you trust Dr. Harris, Justin??

I shook my head.

He stared at me a long moment before returning his attention to the phone. ?Justin doesn?t trust you, so neither do I. I?m not going to help you, so just give up.?

That tone in his voice sent chills skittering down my spine. No hesitation, no doubt. Davey spoke as if he had all the authority in the world.

He snorted into the receiver. ?My parents? They can?t tell me what to do.? Dr. Harris tried to argue with him and Davey hardened. ?Shut up.?

My breath hitched in my chest. ?Davey.?

?Don?t upset Justin any more,? he said, ignoring me. ?You do it one more time, and I?ll make sure you never have a chance to do it again, got it??

Oh my god. He couldn?t mean?

I stared at him, horrified.

Davey clicked off the phone, grinned up at me. ?He won?t bother you anymore. I could hear it in his voice.?

My mouth worked, but no sound came out.

He released my wrists, walked across the kitchen to put the receiver in its place. ?Are you going to go running today?? he asked, turning to face me.

The words that came out of me were soft, trembling. ?I think so.?

?I?ll go and play with you, then.? His gaze roamed my body, and his eyebrows rose. I think he was comparing our bodies and realizing how much he?d grown. ?Would you like that??

?S-Sure.?

Davey crossed the room, stood in front of me. His big hands lifted to cover my shoulders.

My body stiffened as fear lanced through me. Please, I begged silently, don?t make me kneel again.

But he was only pulling me closer. ?I like being tall,? he murmured as his gaze swept from one shoulder to the other. ?It?s really easy to see how much bigger I am than you.?

I stared down at him, trembling in his hold, taking in the fact that his body was at least a third broader than mine.

His gaze drifted up to my eyes. ?Dr. Harris really upset you.? He drew me against him, wrapped his long, thick arms around my body. ?You don?t have to worry about him anymore, okay??

My own arms lifted in short, jerky movements as I went to hug him.

His embrace tightened, squeezing the air out of me, compressing my chest and ribs. ?I?ll take care of you,? he said, standing on his toes to croon into my ear.

My eyes drifted closed, but not because his words comforted me.

I closed them to stem my tears.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; September 25th, 2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: updating chapter markers because I'm a masochist
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Rowan For This Useful Post:
gogr2 (October 10th, 2012)
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Wow Rowan, you shot this puppy out quick! Have ya hit a second wind for this wonderful work?

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #3   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Great chapter Rowan. It's nice to read something that doesn't have sex, violence or any other junk latched onto it. That's one of the things I like about this story.

Story wise, this is just a stab in the dark, but it looks to me as if Davey is trying to assume the role of the older brother here. So far it's been Justin who's been protecting his brother, but now Davey wants to do the same thing back.

As always, looking forward to your next installment of whatever you writer.
-Red
  #4   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:39 AM

Adam is on a distinguished road
Rowan, you read my mind and, like a genie, granted my wish. I was just thinking last night about how great it would be if the next chapter of Davey's Destiny was posted this week, but I never thought it would really happen! Many, many thanks!

It looks like I was wrong about why Davey wanted Justin out of the house. So he wanted to surprise Justin with the new front door, eh? Another sign of the sweetness that remains within him, yet one which is outweighed by his dark threat to Dr. Harris. And now Brad knows the truth! I'm sure that is going to be a problem. Again, thanks a lot and I look forward to seeing Davey surpass Justin's height!
  #5   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:47 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I was just thinking now about how great it would be if the *next* chapter of Davey's Destiny were posted this week....
  #6   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:42 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
I really like this story, a great revisitation of the big little brother scenario, this time we can see Davey is becoming the protector in the relationship.

Great chapter as always

Cheers
  #7   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:56 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Nice atwist/turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

? Eleven ?

?Justin, you okay??

My mind jumped back to the present, and I turned my head. ?Yeah, Brad. Why??

Brad?s fingers curled tighter around the steering wheel. ?You?ve been... sorta faraway.?

?Aw, man. I?m sorry.? I grinned. ?Last night got a little crazy.?

His brow furrowed as he chanced a quick glance at me before returning his attention to the road. ?It?s not just today, man. You?ve been off for weeks. The whole team has noticed it.?

The team? Shit. ?What?re you talking about? My stats haven?t changed.?

?That?s the thing. You?re stats are always changing. You?re always getting better.? He took a left on Maple Street. ?Lately it?s like you?ve been standing still. Trapped in time or something. I know everyone gets into a rut once in a while, but I also know you. What?s wrong??

Brad was right?he did know me. Better than anyone. Still, I wasn?t ready to share. ?Not yet.? I suppressed a chuckle at my response. Maybe I was more like Davey than I?d thought.

He sighed and pulled into my driveway. His eyes rounded as soon as he put the car in park. ?Holy shit. Who?s that??

I followed his gaze, saw my brother sitting on the porch, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. His broad back was stiff as he stared back at us, his swollen pecs jutting out so far that they nearly touched his knees.

?That?s Davey,? I murmured.

?That?s Davey? He?s huge!?

I got my stuff together. ?I know.?

Brad grabbed my arm, stopped me from leaving the car. ?When did this happen?? I didn?t answer, and he put it together himself. ?It was around spring break, wasn?t it? That?s why you were so worried.? His grip tightened. ?Is he why we ended up hanging out at the batting cages that night??

My eyes went wide as I tried to figure out how to explain all of it. Thankfully, my new sunglasses hid the panic.

We both saw Davey shoot to his feet. Brad?s skin paled at the sight. ?He?s taller too??

?Yeah, he?s five foot...? I paused, remembering this morning. ?... one or two, probably.?

Davey clenched his fists, causing his forearms, biceps, even his chest to swell huge.

?Jesus,? whispered Brad. ?He looks like he could do some damage.? His gaze dipped to meet mine: piercing, thoughtful. ?Does he??

I opened the car door. ?I?ll tell you all about it Monday.?

?Justin...? He swallowed. ?Are you going to be alright??

Grinning, I tapped his shoulder with my fist. ?Of course I am. Catch ya later.?

I got out of the car, and Brad reluctantly drove off. Before he was even out of the driveway, Davey rushed to me, grasped my arms. ?Justin!? He yanked me down to eyelevel. ?Are you okay? Was Brad trying to hurt you just now??

?Whoa,? I said, barely able to keep myself from wincing. ?Where did you get that idea??

?I saw him grab you!? He pulled me closer. ?I saw him stop you from leaving the car.?

He was really panicked. I didn?t understand it. ?Brad?s my best friend,? I said gently. ?You?ve known him all your life. He?d never hurt me.?

The fingers digging into my arms loosened. ?Then why???

?He just wanted to tell me something.? My mouth crooked. ?You?re doing the same thing right now, aren?t you??

His breath caught as his hands opened, allowing me to stand straight as they slid to the front of my shirt. ?What did he want to tell you??

?That you were huge.?

Usually, saying something like that would thrill Davey. This time was different. His face sobered as he glanced in the direction Brad?s car had gone. ?Was he scared??

I frowned. ?No, I don?t think so. Just really surprised.?

He met my gaze, his blue eyes shimmering. ?Justin, I??

?What is it?? I reached out, smoothed back his hair. ?What?s wrong??

His face scrunched, with disbelief and? shame, maybe? ?I-I made a mistake.?

He sounded so disturbed by his own admission. Like he wasn?t supposed to make mistakes. ?Oh??

Davey?s fingers twisted into my shirt, dragged me close to him again. ?I shouldn?t have sent you away.? He buried his face in the material, nuzzled my chest. ?Being in the house all by myself? It was? I was??

My left hand was holding a shopping bag, so I looped my right arm around his bare back. My palm naturally slipped to curve over the swell of muscle just beside his spine. ?Afraid??

?No!? yelled Davey, even as he clutched at my chest, my arms, my shoulders. ?I was just? all alone. I-I missed you. I shouldn?t have made you leave.?

A smile curved my mouth. ?Then why did you do it??

He lifted his head, blinked back his tears as a smile of his own shaped his lips. His hand drifted to mine, and he drew me to the front of the house.

I stopped short when I saw the brand new door. Davey didn?t feel me stop, however, and his powerful body dragged me on, making me trip forward.

Davey spun, caught me before I hit the ground. He grinned as he helped me to my feet. ?Do you like it??

During his tantrum last night, Davey had kicked in the door. Shattered it to pieces. Before our parents had left, they?d hung a tarp over the opening. ?Mom and Dad got it fixed already?? I?d called them this morning?they said they?d take care of the front door as soon as they could, and that they?d be coming home tonight.

My little brother shook his head. ?I fixed it.?

?You?? I glanced up at the door. A clean, perfect fit. Professional job, definitely. Even Davey couldn?t? ?H-How??

?I looked through the phonebook for home repair and remodeling companies. After talking to a few of them, I chose the one that made the most sense, and they came here and put in the new door.?

?Davey,? I whispered, looking into his bright eyes. ?Where did you get the money to pay for this??

His chest puffed out. ?I used my savings.?

Savings? What kind of savings could an eight year old have? ?You had that much cash??

?Well, sure.? He let go of my hand, jogged up the porch to run his hand over the wood of the new door. ?I?ve never really had to spend any of my allowance?Mom and Dad buy everything I need and?? He looked over his shoulder, grinned warmly at me. ?? you always get me anything I want.?

My brow furrowed as I slid the bag I held behind my back. ?That can?t be right.?

?It is,? he said, sitting down on the porch and resting thick forearms on his knees. ?Gum or baseball cards or posters.? Davey tilted his head to the side. ?Where do you get the cash??

I felt my skin heat as I scratched my cheek. ?I?m good with money.? Did I really spoil him so much?

He looked like he was going to ask more, so I cut him off with a grin.

?So you got everything fixed? Stairs too? What about your room??

Davey glanced down at the porch. ?No, just the door. Didn?t have enough money to clean up the rest.?

?Ah.? I sat down beside him. ?The most important thing was the front door. It?s good that you fixed that.?

He sat straight, proud again. ?When the guys came here, they didn?t even know I was a kid. They took it for granted that I was a grownup. Isn?t that cool??

I didn?t think it was cool, but I didn?t want to hurt his feelings, so I reached out and ruffled his hair.

Davey leaned into my touch, edged closer. ?Those are nice sunglasses, Justin. Did you buy them today??

I nodded. ?You like them??

?Yeah,? he said softly. ?How much did they cost? Maybe I can start saving again and get a pair.?

It felt good, knowing in some ways he still wanted to be like me. ?Fifty bucks.? I reached into my shopping bag, pulled out a glasses case. ?But you can save your money for something else.?

His eyes lit up as he snatched the case from me. ?You got me some! Are they just like yours??

?Yep.?

Davey opened the case, carefully put the glasses on his face. ?Cool.?

Maybe I did spoil my little brother, but?looking at him now?it was easy to understand why. ?You look good.?

He tilted his face toward the sun. ?I?m not perfect. Yet.?

Still changing. Every second of every day pulled him further away from me, had me fighting harder to hold on. ?No one?s perfect, Davey.?

?I?ll be perfect,? he said, his voice cool and level. He turned his head to look at me. ?You?ll see.?

As I stared back at him, I couldn?t help but wonder?

What was his idea of perfection?

My hand gripped the phone hard enough to turn my fingers white. ?I told you? no. ?

Dr. Harris, who I?d always trusted, kept arguing with me. ?Davey is as close to genetic perfection I?ve ever seen. If we could just study him a bit more, it could benefit everyone.?

Yeah, I?ll just bet he wanted to benefit everyone. I?d caught the article he?d published online. It was obvious that he had intentions of publishing a longer piece in one of the mainstream medical journals, and I was damned if I was going to let him turn my brother into some kind of guinea pig. ?Stop calling here, and don?t come anywhere near my family.?

?If you?d just let me talk to your parents, I?m sure they?d??

My whole body shook with rage. ?How many times to I have to tell you? You?re not getting anywhere near??

A big hand clamped over my shoulder, and another one wrenched the phone from my grip. My eyes widened when I saw Davey frown into the receiver.

?Why are you upsetting my brother?? he asked coldly.

I reached for the phone. ?Davey, give that to me. This is grownup??

Davey caught both my wrists in one hand and held me immobile. ?Answer me.?

I struggled to pull free of his fingers, but he didn?t even seem to notice, looking directly into my eyes. ?Tests??

With a start, I realized he was tall enough to see over my shoulder now. He?d grown that much? In one day?

The voice on the other end of the line was smooth, cajoling. I couldn?t make out the words, but I?d just gone through the speech, so I knew what the doctor was trying to do.

Davey effortlessly dragged me closer. ?Do you trust Dr. Harris, Justin??

I shook my head.

He stared at me a long moment before returning his attention to the phone. ?Justin doesn?t trust you, so neither do I. I?m not going to help you, so just give up.?

That tone in his voice sent chills skittering down my spine. No hesitation, no doubt. Davey spoke as if he had all the authority in the world.

He snorted into the receiver. ?My parents? They can?t tell me what to do.? Dr. Harris tried to argue with him and Davey hardened. ?Shut up.?

My breath hitched in my chest. ?Davey.?

?Don?t upset Justin any more,? he said, ignoring me. ?You do it one more time, and I?ll make sure you never have a chance to do it again, got it??

Oh my god. He couldn?t mean?

I stared at him, horrified.

Davey clicked off the phone, grinned up at me. ?He won?t bother you anymore. I could hear it in his voice.?

My mouth worked, but no sound came out.

He released my wrists, walked across the kitchen to put the receiver in its place. ?Are you going to go running today?? he asked, turning to face me.

The words that came out of me were soft, trembling. ?I think so.?

?I?ll go and play with you, then.? His gaze roamed my body, and his eyebrows rose. I think he was comparing our bodies and realizing how much he?d grown. ?Would you like that??

?S-Sure.?

Davey crossed the room, stood in front of me. His big hands lifted to cover my shoulders.

My body stiffened as fear lanced through me. Please, I begged silently, don?t make me kneel again.

But he was only pulling me closer. ?I like being tall,? he murmured as his gaze swept from one shoulder to the other. ?It?s really easy to see how much bigger I am than you.?

I stared down at him, trembling in his hold, taking in the fact that his body was at least a third broader than mine.

His gaze drifted up to my eyes. ?Dr. Harris really upset you.? He drew me against him, wrapped his long, thick arms around my body. ?You don?t have to worry about him anymore, okay??

My own arms lifted in short, jerky movements as I went to hug him.

His embrace tightened, squeezing the air out of me, compressing my chest and ribs. ?I?ll take care of you,? he said, standing on his toes to croon into my ear.

My eyes drifted closed, but not because his words comforted me.

I closed them to stem my tears.
Thanks for giving us one more glimpse of the whole gist of this story. Many thanks for your gift of storytelling shared with us all.
  #8   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Rowan, you have an amazing talent to articulate the emotional strain between the brothers. Davey may be growing phenomally fast but his emotional development hasn't quite caught up with his physical development. That said, with your description of the subtle nuances between Davey's longing to be loved/connected to a family and the dynamic tension of sibling rivalry between the two brothers, it's all coming to a great breaking point. I'm hanging on every word.
  #9   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Like I said in my comments following chapter 10, Davey is taking on the role of the big brother and Justin's protector. All that needs to happen now is for Davey to become taller than Justin as well, and the process will be complete.
  #10   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Wow Rowan, you shot this puppy out quick! Have ya hit a second wind for this wonderful work?
Maybe. We'll see. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkage
So far it's been Justin who's been protecting his brother, but now Davey wants to do the same thing back.
I think that's a natural progression, considering that both Davey and Justin are always having to re-evaluate their place in each other's lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
So he wanted to surprise Justin with the new front door, eh? Another sign of the sweetness that remains within him, yet one which is outweighed by his dark threat to Dr. Harris.
Davey is so unpredictable, and for me that's why he's so frightening. You *never* know what he's going to do next. Love that. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
Hmm, I was just thinking now about how great it would be if the *next* chapter of Davey's Destiny were posted this week....
Probably not. My schedule's all crazy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
I really like this story, a great revisitation of the big little brother scenario, this time we can see Davey is becoming the protector in the relationship.
Great chapter as always
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZIVKAROLY
Thanks for giving us one more glimpse of the whole gist of this story. Many thanks for your gift of storytelling shared with us all.
Glad you're liking the installments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON
Rowan, you have an amazing talent to articulate the emotional strain between the brothers. Davey may be growing phenomally fast but his emotional development hasn't quite caught up with his physical development. That said, with your description of the subtle nuances between Davey's longing to be loved/connected to a family and the dynamic tension of sibling rivalry between the two brothers, it's all coming to a great breaking point. I'm hanging on every word.
Breaking point is right. Justin's been spectacular through the story, but the entire situation's definitely weighing hard on him. The team's been noticing, and it's not as iff the changes in Davey will be slowing down any time soon.

Ah... good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres
Like I said in my comments following chapter 10, Davey is taking on the role of the big brother and Justin's protector. All that needs to happen now is for Davey to become taller than Justin as well, and the process will be complete.
Or all hell could break loose. Either way, should be fun.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #11   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2007, 01:42 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Probably not. My schedule's all crazy again.
Good luck with that...
  #12   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:13 AM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road
Why do I have a feeling this is not going to end well...(in terms of Davey's threat and not the writing)
  #13   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:55 PM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
I was just wondering about your other stories, like Jascian's Toy? Are they on the back burner?

redroger11
  #14   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:12 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Great stuff Rowan! I'm amazed how fast you got this one out after chapter 10.

Things are really getting tense now... and the relationship between the boys is changing faster than ever.

How long before Davey's 'secret' is finally out, I wonder I get the feeling the implications might be pretty dramatic. Exciting or what!?

Thanks so much!!

#15   Add to SOOT012's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM

SOOT012 is on a distinguished road
Another great installment. You really capture brotherly love and bonding. Of course, there is tension with the presence of this growing development. I am curious to see how much further things will continue to go.

Truly, wonderful work.
  #16   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
Good luck with that...
heh, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaru_grower
Why do I have a feeling this is not going to end well...(in terms of Davey's threat and not the writing)
Because Davey's scary as hell. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroger11
I was just wondering about your other stories, like Jascian's Toy? Are they on the back burner?
At this point I think it's safe to say that I write whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. Davey's 12 will be out this month though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior
Things are really getting tense now... and the relationship between the boys is changing faster than ever.
Agreed. It's probably my favorite thing about the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOT012
Another great installment. You really capture brotherly love and bonding. Of course, there is tension with the presence of this growing development. I am curious to see how much further things will continue to go.

Truly, wonderful work.
Thanks. I have a plan, but I'm curious if the story will follow it.

-The Tick
  #17   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:52 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroger11

At this point I think it's safe to say that I write whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. Davey's 12 will be out this month though.
Another installment of Davey's Destiny before year's end? I must have been a really good boy this year!

The anticipation of where Davey's physical development is going and how his brother will be able to sustain any compassion for him (without getting his arm broken) is almost too much. Looking forward to the next chapter!
  #18   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM

Adam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Great news! Thanks, Rowan!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options