The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to solo567's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:38 AM

solo567 is on a distinguished road
Bodybuilding Documentary

Don't know if anyone has posted about this before, but I've come across a new documentary about steroid use in the United States. It looks like an interesting view into the world of bodybuilding and steroid use. Plus there's a bunch of hot looking guys in the trailer.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM

mutador
nice! really worth watching!
Hope those three brothers keep using steriods though just kidding
the guy who does the interviews in the commercial looks kinda cute too, hope I can get to see this soon

Last edited by mutador; May 20th, 2008 at 12:14 PM.
  #3   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
I'm definitely gonna keep asking my DVD store here if its gonna come!
(never to the cinema's that much I know ....)

The interviewer looks great too, like at the end in the suit!
  #4   Add to pdxflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM

pdxflex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to pdxflex
Saw the film

I saw the film at the Sundance Film Festival premiere. Frankly, other than the non-competing Morgan Spurlock's Where in the World is Osama bin Laden, it was the best documentary there.

The filmmaker did such an amazing job. He really took a balanced approach. Two of the most entertaining parts were interviews with Rep. Waxman and (trying to get) Gov. Arnold. I also loved where he talked about the "performance enhancing" of symphony players.

He notes we spent more time on steroid hearings than on the Iraq war. Makes you wonder about the country's priorities.

Truly a must watch!
  #5   Add to collegemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM

collegemuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to collegemuscle Send a message via Yahoo to collegemuscle
I have not seen this movie yet, and I'm not sure if I want to pay to see it, because that's just more money going towards people who don't deserve it. I truely do not see the point in exploiting such reality. It's obvious the creators of the movie can't handle reality, so they like to make it out to look bad. What's wrong? poor baby can't handle the fact that his "heroes" use steroids? HELLO!!! If you're so dissappointed in them, then stop looking up to someone who is 5'11 and 280 lbs. of muscle. Wake up! Of course they're using steroids! I know several people who turned down interviewers for this movie and they all said no because the original intent was to make people who use steroids look like liars, fakes, cheaters, drug abusers; not too mention sensationalize every stereotype there is surrounding bodybuilders and steroid use. If you want to document how steroids are used in "drug free" sanctioned athletic events that's one case where a good point may be made, but why point out the obvious and take it to the next level to insult everyone else who sticks a needle in their ass. Leave the bodybuilders alone! I haven't even seen the movie but I'm sure they can't/don't prove or show very many cases where steroid use actually harmed anyone. That's cuz there aren't very many. Don't get me wrong, I'm talking about steroid use, not abuse. How many cases are there where "STEROID USE" is the cause of death? ... not many, in fact very few if any. Go ahead and do some research, you'll find a lot more truth to steroids than what these guys are showing. Ok, so how many cases are there where alchohol, tobacco, cocaine, meth, ecstacy, ghb, etc. are the cause of death.... a LOT. I just think this movie is going to feed the naivite of everyone who do not understand the world of bodybuilding and make us look bad. We already don't have a very good rep, and this will just make things harder.

P.S. I'm pissed at Greg Valentino for participating in this film... f****** sell-out. I used to have a lot of respect for him because I have an article by him that says asking a bodybuilder if he uses steroids is both "tacky and rude." Now who's tacky?

Last edited by collegemuscle; May 22nd, 2008 at 10:21 PM.
  #6   Add to musqlure's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:01 PM

musqlure is on a distinguished road
One small correction to this post. There's no such thing as a fatal dose of marijuana, and there has never been a single instance in which someone has OD'd on weed. You can knock the other drugs, but please don't sweep cannabis in with them. It's really pretty harmless and has a number of legitimate medical uses. Just like steroids . . .
  #7   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Cool

Misuse or overdose can cause problems in long terms, espcially when mixing with other drugs that could very well lethal. (which I guess are the extreme cases)

A through knowledage of steroids & one's own body's limits is a big plus. Not to mention the quality of the drugs. Besides, they often cost a fortune... well most of the time.

And lets not forget the importance of regular weight training & good nutrition to make one's body look great.
  #8   Add to CartoonBuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:33 AM

CartoonBuff is on a distinguished road
collegemuscle, I haven't seen it either but from other sources, you're completely misjudging the film based on a trailer (which intentionally tries to be as provocative as possible and was likely edited by the distributor and not the people who actually made it). The whole "heroes" bit is actually just the starting question, since filmmaker Chris Bell notes that his brothers used steroids (and apparently he has experimented himself) and, whether they still use, says it's basically "a personal decision for them." Here's a quote from a Washington Post interview:
"Chris Bell: The film isn't to show the negative effects of steroids to kids. The film is exploring the truth about steroids. I think a lot of times in society we tend to tell kids that things will kill them or destroy them without knowing the facts. The fact of the matter with steroids is we don't have enough information so therefore we can't even tell kids the truth about it. We need more research done."

In fact, on IMDb and elsewhere, this film has been panned *because* it doesn't say "Steroids will kill you!" but instead looks at different aspects as well as the basic hypocrisy of the entire "steroids are wrong but winning is more important" mindset, why it's legal to pump farm animals (to be converted into food) full of hormones but not people, or the stigmatiziation of steroids and growth hormones over other behaviours, like plastic surgery:
"One of the questions we pose in the movie is why is it okay to get botox and liposuction? And in more similar cases, I could go under the knife, go under heavy anesthestia, have a doctor take a scalpel and cut open my bicep and place silicone in there to make my biceps bigger. But if I want to take a hormone that's made in your body naturally and inject that so I look better and feel better about myself, and is known to be relatively safe for adult males, I could go to jail for that."

So see it or don't see it, but perceptions based on the trailer aren't necessarily an accurate summary of the content in any way (and a lot of what you railed about, as far as death and destruction and so on, isn't even in the trailer).

Here's a USA Today interview which clarifies Bell's background/intentions and the actual content of the film:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-...umentary_N.htm

"I've become the steroid priest, basically," Bell said. "People have come up to me and said, 'Hey, I have to tell you I took them.' People have come up to me and said 'I've always wanted to take them, but I didn't know much about them.'"
Bell admits to using steroids as did both his brothers, Mike and Mark, who are featured prominently in the movie to tout the benefits more than the drawbacks of steroid use.
The film's two consultants —Muscular Development senior editor John Romano and lawyer Rick Collins — are also vocal advocates of steroids.
"There was really no agenda," Bell said. "I hope it comes off as a movie that explores hypocrisy."
  #9   Add to collegemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM

collegemuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to collegemuscle Send a message via Yahoo to collegemuscle
Cartoonbuff, to each his own as far as opinions are concerned. But my opinion is coming from a bodybuilder who is likely to turn pro within the next 3 years and from the people I associate with who are in the industry/sport of professional bodybuilding, we would just rather they left us out of the picture, literally. If you want to talk about your average Joe Blow who takes juice to better himself/herself, or talk about drug free sports that's cool, but how is a "movie that explores hypocrisy" supposed to make a point about a sport that is based on steroid use? How can you say that the sport of bodybuilding has a mindset of "steroids are wrong but winning is more important." Just doesn't make sense. No real bodybuilder has ever told me, "don't do steroids." I'm sure I will eventually see the movie, and I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I can only hope the movie is non biased, but usually the creators of these documentaries are completely one sided.
  #10   Add to CartoonBuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM

CartoonBuff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegemuscle View Post
Cartoonbuff, to each his own as far as opinions are concerned. But my opinion is coming from a bodybuilder who is likely to turn pro within the next 3 years and from the people I associate with who are in the industry/sport of professional bodybuilding, we would just rather they left us out of the picture, literally. If you want to talk about your average Joe Blow who takes juice to better himself/herself, or talk about drug free sports that's cool, but how is a "movie that explores hypocrisy" supposed to make a point about a sport that is based on steroid use? How can you say that the sport of bodybuilding has a mindset of Just doesn't make sense. No real bodybuilder has ever told me, "don't do steroids." I'm sure I will eventually see the movie, and I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I can only hope the movie is non biased, but usually the creators of these documentaries are completely one sided.
I'm not saying that bodybuilding has a mindset of "steroids are wrong but winning is more important" and neither is the film as far as I can see. It's saying that people like Joe Biden, who calls it inherently "un-American" and to some extent the general non-fitness/bodybuilding public who only have steroid hearings and negative news blurbs about "roid rage" are being hypocritical when they continue to support things like WWE (which I would hope is touched on) where they have to know steroid use exists. Like I said, I haven't seen the film either and could well be wrong, but it looks like the purpose is to show that it's unfair and hypocritical to judge steroid users while at the same time sending this "you need to be bigger and better" message (and at the same time not condemning provably harmful or reckless behaviors).

Of course, I'm coming at this from the perspective of the academic (who's pleased that this does *not* appear to be a "Steroids Will Kill You" polemic intended for high school health classes or the cop/CSI-type TV show where bodybuilders are portrayed as insanely violent thugs who will kill when they get into a "roid rage" and so on), so I'm certainly not dissing your perspective as someone who's actually *in* the sport (and thus certainly knows more about the reality than I do), and if you'd rather a film about steroids not involve bodybuilding in any way whatsoever, that's cool. I just think, if you have the time and inclination, it wouldn't hurt to read the interviews and other material about the film closely and see exactly who this Bell person is and what he's saying, rather than assuming this is a Michael Moore/MTV True Life "I'm on Steroids" situation and that Gregg Valentino is a sell out and other worst case scenario reactions. The proof will ultimately be in the viewing, or not as the case may be (I don't want to sound like I'm necessarily defending the movie or even urging you to see it if you don't want to [I may not even see it, or maybe not until some time later when I can Netflix it], I'm just uncomfortable anytime anyone says they're angered or hate something they haven't seen or read, whether it's a documentary or a movie or a novel, because of what they think/assume/fear it will contain).

Last edited by CartoonBuff; May 24th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
  #11   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:45 AM

newmus is on a distinguished road
went to the premiere last night in hollywood. and as others have said it was very good. just don't watch it and expect to be satisfied with the eye candy. the body builders were not the focus of the movie but there was one guy from Gold's who i've talked to a few times. honestly, i know there would be some muscle there but i didn't know that it would be the premiere, so was i in for a show! let's see in attendance was: roland kickinger - so small i didn't recognize him at first and he had a real funny walk, not exactly a limp, but funny; tito raymond- so beautiful you can't look at him too long; mike o'earn- came in late with a bunch of loud people; christian boeving- very small but his tight shirt revealed a still very ripped body; stone cold steve austin, will harris, mike ergas,some small guy whole looks like vin diesel, a bunch of other guys whose names i don't know and even more who i don't think i've ever seen before.
  #12   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
I'll be interested in seeing it simply to see their POV along with the merits of their arguments and rebuttal.

One thing I've noticed is that all pictures of Arnold have been removed from Gold's gym (vintage training pics as well as his Mr. Olympia photo from the line-up). His position on steroids smacks as complete hypocrisy supported by the fuzzy logic that when he used them they were legal and obtained them through a relationship with a physician; this verbal wordsmithing would lead people to believe that steroids are now illegal, which is incorrect. They are still legal (albeit a C-II controlled substance) that can be obtained on prescription from a physician for a legitimate medical need. To my knowlegde no one has ever asked him to clarify this position based on the truth about the legal status of steroids.

In today's market-based pharmaceutical industry where people are encouraged to "ask your doctor" it's somehow OK to ask for sleep aids and other potentially dependancy-producing drugs but not steroids.
  #13   Add to Big RR's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:45 AM

Big RR is on a distinguished road
Steroids

I love steroids and what they do for me. The huge muscle gains! The incredible strength gains! I feel like doing squats and military press' with a 20 ton locomotive and then crushing it and bending it into a huge ball of iron and steel! Before steroids, I was making nice gains but something snapped when I turned 32 lol, I wanted to be freaky huge and as strong as humanly possible! From the age of 13 I would beat off closing my eyes and picturing the hot men in my life with huge muscles and something happens that their strength increased 1000 fold! I use to shoot the huges loads picturing them discovering not only were they getting huge but suddenly they were so damn strong! Almost as strong as Superman! I would stroke my 10" muscle cock envisioning the guy in my fantasy freaky huge and going over to a loaded weight rack with over 3000lbs and bending down and as he grabs it he expects to have to struggle to even budge it. As he grabs the rack with little effort it flies up into the air! He is doing rep after rep while he gets bigger and bigger! He can't believe his strength and he wants more! He throws the weight rack throw the wall of the gym and roars as he hits a most muscular pose! Every muscle bulging! Throbbing! Growing! That wasn't enough weight! And he goes out to the parking lots and looks around , seeing several cars he grabs one after another and begins stacking one car on top of another and after 5 cars are stacked, he looks at the little wimps who use to be the big boys of the gym and yells watch this girls! As he bends down and begins lifting the stack of cars from the back end of the bottom car and walks unders and soon he is doing squats and over head presses with them and then detroys them! It was usually about that time that I would shoot my huge load! I still get off that way. As many of you have probably read, not only do I juice to get freaking huge and so strong, I have help my ex bf become a muscle freak within 6 months!

Of course I have always had been much bigger and stronger than he ever was or could dream of being! He grew the biggest quads and with that two huge mounds of rock hard tight as hell muscle mountains for an ass! He was always a good little bottom but got even hotter and hornier after I pumped him up on roids! Every chance we got we were having sex! I would pound his ass before he went to work, at lunch time and at night after getting home from the gym.
Not to mention he loved for me to flex and show off in the shower at the gym
There were a couple of times that he wanted me to dominate him! Flex in the shower and tell him to look at how huge I am getting pussyboy! Then I would tell him to get over here and lick my guns bitch! Of course we had to know the crowd lol to do this at the gym, you wouldn't believe how many married muscle studs would stand there and jerk off watching or want to join my ex in licking my guns while he sucked me off! It was hot! I would tell him, that's right boy! Suck my muscle cock! Swallow my steroid filled load! Maybe it will help your little muscles grow! Everyone usually shot their load about that time and often on my huge quads! Kneeling my ex would explode all over my calves and feet. I would grab him and make him look up at me and tell him, look what you did! You better start licking me clean pussyboy and start at me feet and work your way up to my cock and by the time you reach my big cock I am going to make you choke on it while I feed you again! I would tell him he better do a good job or I was going to fuck the hell out of his tight ass when we got home...He always wined that my cock is to big and would tell me not to put it all the way in...of course I said okay but once his ass muscles started milking my cock I would ram it all the way in just to hear him whimper
and I would act like it was an accident lol. He would get so pissed off and tell me that he can't do squats for 3 days after I fuck him lol! I loved for him to flex for me so I could get off watching his new huge muscles and there were times that we role played and I had him tell me to look at how huge he is and then tell me how fucking strong he is! Then he would go into telling me how he rip down iron beams and bend them or stand in the middle of the high way with his hands on his hips, huge lats spread and let a semi hit his massive body and when it hit him it destroyed it and then he would go on to tell me how he picks it up like it weighs nothing and twist it and bend it into a huge steel ball. After telling me that I would always shoot a huge load and I loved it when he told me he wants more! He is going to get bigger and stronger! Then he tells me how I wish I was as big and strong as he is and that I better give him all my roids or he is going to kick my ass and beat me to a pulp! I know twisted lol but it is just role playing. I would shoot another load when he told me that. I loved taking him to the gym though after doing our roid injections and out lifting him and out muscling him. The reason we are no longer bf's is because not only did he like showing off his huge muscles to me, he showed all the boys in town lol!
There are several of you who have written to me and are interested in joining me in getting even bigger and stronger! Fucking huge and stronger than any human has ever been. I am really interested in becoming involved with someone who wants the same thing as I do..to get as huge as humanly possible and so fucking strong! I would love a guy in his 40' to mid 50's and maybe even 60,roid you up with me and hit the weights and enjoy watching you get huge and being amazed at your huge muscle and strength gains. Turn you into Superman! To me there is nothing hotter than a guy in his 40's and up to 60 that works out, has great muscle already and wants to get freaky huge with me!

Sorry guys, I really didn't intend on writing all of this and especially here but everytime I juice, think about it or even read about it, I get so damn horny!

What I really just wanted to add here is that I feel that a person has a right to do with their body as they wish. If we want to take steroids it is our body and our business! Steroids aren't for everyone but for those of us who did their homework before taking them, they can be taken safely with huge gains. I know it is not the same but if a woman can have an abortion I can take steroids!

Again, I am sorry I wrote a book here lol! Forgive me ;-)

Thanks,
BigRussell

I loved sharing my roids with him and pumping him up huge! I have chatted with a few of you guys who would like to get freaky huge with me and let me roid you up!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options