The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:58 AM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
Question hypnosis

has anyone tried losing weight and/or getting bigger throughthe help os hypnosis? what were your experiences with it? did it work? do you think it helped? gimmie your feedback ive been considaring it and would like to know if anyone else has tried it
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to muscleguardian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:02 AM

muscleguardian has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to muscleguardian
all depends

i've tried it but it doesn'y seem to work for me i must have strong defences or something. had a friend though that gained 10 pounds with hypnosis within 2 or 3 weeks. i think it all depends on the person.
  #3   Add to muscleguardian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:04 AM

try here

go to www.warpmymind.com they have some good ones my friend used the self help and mind warp files.
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:32 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
muscleguardian, did your friends listen to the recordings on warp my mind? I haven't had much success, but I never have time to listen to their files...
  #5   Add to muscleguardian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM

yea

yea he did i don't know where he got the time though.
  #6   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:07 AM

well, if they worked for your friend, maybe I should give them another try. still not sure when.
  #7   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2004, 06:43 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
I've used some of the warpmymind files, with (I suppose) mixed results. I'm not sure if I've ever achieved a trance state with them, but the best advice I've heard in regards to hypnosis is that by "playing along" you're helping the process. Basically, "act it to become it." I'd recommend some of those files, though, if only for the fantasy aspect.

I'm hoping to one day do something with a real hypnotist, in part because that's my other kink, but also out of curiosity as to whether or not I am hypnotizable. So far, though, I haven't really found any 'tists in my area who I'd feel comfortable with.
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2004, 06:01 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I tried hypnotism a little while back but I found that the process wasn't like what you see in the movies. He basically just had me relax , breathe deep and focus on his voice.
I was not actually "put under". It was more of a power of suggestion kind of thing. Then I was given a CD to listen to.
Can't really say it helped me, I may go back later to try being "put under".
  #9   Add to Diablo11d's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2004, 09:00 AM
the midwest hurricane

Diablo11d is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Diablo11d
i tried the muscle control file on warp my mind but had no success
  #10   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2004, 09:30 AM

muscleted18
yeah ive tried the warpmymind.com files but those ones do say they are just for fun and fantasy, ive got someone whos going to hypno me over the internet on a regular baisis, not some file you listen to over and over again, im going to take before and after pics, maybe i will post them for you all
  #11   Add to villian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2004, 09:14 PM

villian
Send a message via AIM to villian Send a message via Yahoo to villian
re: hypnosis

muscleted18, a long time ago I ordered a VHS tape that was supposed to hypnotise you. It suggested several "triggers" to get you to work out more intesely by saying the words "concentration and intensity".

Watching the tape was relaxing but I can't say I ever got any benefit from it.

Sorry, it was too long ago so I can't tell you where I got it and I no longer have the tape.
-villian
  #12   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:27 PM

muscleted18
Talking

hey everyone, i started my hypnosis training and after the first day i noticed a huge difference, i was accually excited to workout, i joined a gym, i was there for 2 hours and never got bored, i also am not as hungry either, its great, hypnosis takes alot of trust between you and the hypnotist i found out, but it works
  #13   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
I don't mean to be an asshole here... well... yeah, ok, I do mean to be an asshole.

Does this sound to anyone else like a clever marketing scheme?

*waits for the link to this wonderful new hypnosis guy to be posted*

I think we're being had.
  #14   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:59 PM

The warpmymind files are pretty much free.,..there are some pay files (but they're mostly for diaper and transgender fetishists, not my cup o' tea), and you can commission a special, custom-made files for a fee, but otherwise there are no restrictions and there's a huge selection of files to choose from, though only 5 or 6 that would likely appeal to the users of this board.

I haven't tried any of the "trigger" files, so I can't speak for their efficacy...I doubt they'd work for me anyway, because of my aforementioned uncertainty about whether I'm even able to achieve a trance state. The files that I have tried (and still use now and then) are the "train" files that aim for a more general change in personality (for lack of a better word). "trainbodybuilder" is supposed to make the listener more interested in weight lifting, for example, and the "traintotaljock" files are meant to turn the listener into a total jock who cares about nothing more than sex, sports, and getting in shape (traintotaljock3 is more specialized - it's focus is to turn someone into a "bodybuilding jock").

The files aren't perfect. For example, the guy who does them is obviously not really into body building himself, and so he'll ocassionally encourage stuff that I don;t personally agree with (eg "You will work out every day," while I believe that rest days are essential for growth, also, two of the jock files seem to encourage binge drinking which isn't great for your waistline at all...), and some of the files are clearly meant for a heterosexual male audience.

On the yahoogroup where the warpmymind site is talked about, there are a few people who've had some great success with the files, a few more who've had mixed results, and a few more who haven't had any.

In my case, I already wanted to become more jock-like, so it's not like I needed the motivation, and around the time I found the files, I also found a great site for workout advice, I changed my diet, and I was already working out regularly, so I can't say if the files have had much of an effect. I did start watching hockey (and will be watching Canadian Football) this year, and loved it, but there's no way to prove that the files influenced my enjoyment of sports shows one way or the other.

If hypnosis or mind control interest you, I'd recommend the site as at least a repository for fantasy and inspiration, but I wouldn't expect any miracles.

One last note, and I'm not sure if this counts as internet gossip, but there was a posting in one of the hypno yahoogroups by Onix (he wrote a series of stories, many of which can be found here, I think, or at the mcstories archive ( http://www.mcstories.com ), where he's promised to be submitting another story soon about his own hypno transformation into a muscle-jock slave. I'm pretty sure he didn't use the warpmymind site, but I'm definitely interested in seeing his tale when it comes out. (And Onix, if you read this forum and you wanted to keep this under your hat, let me know and I'll edit it out...)

Wow, I'm wordy today.
  #15   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2004, 05:41 PM
LeatherGryphon

Hmm... the hypnosis thing again. Oh I'm sure it works just as well as striking crystals, wearing magnets, rubbing Buddah bellies, and reading tea leaves. Every generation thinks they've discovered hypnosis really works. Why should the pattern change? Sigh...

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; June 15th, 2004 at 05:46 PM.
  #16   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:29 PM

muscleted18
Exclamation

hey ethernet, time for me to be an ass hole, the guy whos hypnotising me is doing it for FREE, he doesnt have a link, and it accually works, ive lost a couple lbs already, so i wouldnt be talking shit like that
  #17   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2004, 07:26 AM

ethernet_jock
Ted,

My apologies. I'll be the first to be a prick but also the first to admit fault when I was COMPLETELY wrong.

You've obviously found something that works for you and you're trying to be cool and share it with everyone else. I apologize again. Certainly you can respect and acknowledge how constantly the entire bodybuilding world is bombarded with various forms of ridiculous advertising schemes and clever marketing ploys every single day for snake oil type products and services. My cynicism often protects me from BS and occasionally gets me in trouble.

Good luck with your ventures. I won't apologize for being cynical and objective but I will apologize for being wrong.

THanks for eloquently pointing that out.

-Chris

P.S. Additionally... you can certainly see how from someone else's perspective - things like hypnosis actually working would be difficult to swallow. Can't you?

Last edited by ethernet_jock; June 16th, 2004 at 07:28 AM.
  #18   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:01 AM

muscleted18
yes, i can see how it may be a bit hard to beleive, but i have the will to workout, i just needed the drive, and thats what the hypnosis does for me, gives me the drive to work out and make my body look the best it can, thank you for appologizing for being wrong, i wouldnt expect one for being objective anyways, thats your right, but next time, why not do it in a mannor thats less harsh?

and i would like to comment on the mixed or no results with hypnosis, you have to accually want it for it to work, you have to beleive that it does work, being fulling and compleatly under takes a long time to acheive, and you have to be able to trust your hypnotist compleatly, you have to become good friends with them, its alot of work, you cant expect to just be hypnotised compleatly the first try

Last edited by muscleted18; June 16th, 2004 at 08:06 AM.
  #19   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:06 AM

ethernet_jock
Well that makes sense... wow... with all those important prerequisites, no wonder it doesn't work for very many people.

I've also heard/read that you have to be a generally or at least slightly generally submissive-type person to begin with in order to actually accept the commands. This - would not work for me. I don't trust easily nor do I really "submit" to anyone. I guess you could call it one of those authority-type issues.

Anyhow - thanks again.

-Chris
  #20   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:42 AM

muscleted18
that may be true, but with hard work and being hypnotised once a day can really help you, being put into a trance doesnt mean you submit to the hypnotist, you will never ever do anything the hypnotist tells you to do if you would never ever do it on your own, such as lets say, sky diving, if you have a huge fear of hights and sky diving scares the shit out of you, then the hypnotist wont be able to get you to do it. i have trust issues too, ive been hurt in the past, and my hypnotist and i are working to get rid of those issues, but being submissive or dominant have nothing to do with how well you go into trance, yes there are some people who just cant be put under, but its not because they are too dominat, but like i said, its not something that can happen over nite
  #21   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2004, 05:45 PM

These recordings don't put you under anyways. They just have you relax, so that some of your barriers lower, then they tell you the message you wanted to hear again, and again. EthernetJock, I remember you talking about how you see yourself as smaller than you are, because your mental image is smaller than you are. I think that your mental image is built up from things being repeated thousands of times as we live our lives. If you looked into the mirror 10,000 times during your life, and thought, "God, I look small and wimpy" you will accept it as fact to your core. I think these recordings are the same thing, but they are about something positive, so I see them as being better than wearing crystals & magnets, but they won't work magic either.
  #22   Add to Phlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2004, 07:38 AM

Phlex
Whatever happened to Hypnosis by Kyle?

This seemed to be a more bodybuilding oriented (and gay) hypnosis site, but it points to a Yahoo forum that no longer exists.
  #23   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:18 AM

I think the yahoogroup shut down because it was being spammed/flamed by people who claimed that Kyle was up to no good. I have no idea whether he was or not, because I didn't personally know anyone involved in Kyle's group. Another issue that may have played into the group's demise was that there were a few "imposters" who would try to induce trance in unsuspecting victims by pretending to be Kyle over IM and the like.

His hypnosis didn't interest me much, mainly because a lot of it focused on turning his subjects into his slaves, and his hypnosis files included lines like "you will only be hypnotised by me"....I have nothing against hypno-slavery, but it doesn't interest me as an activity.

Being turned into a sports-minded, sex-crazed, muscle jock? I'm all for that, though....
  #24   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:19 AM

I don't think anyone should ever be hypnotized into anything they didn't agree to. how do we know if the files on Warp My Mind are clean, or if they have lots of subliminal messages that are different from the stated purpose of the recordings?
  #25   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2004, 02:58 AM

I guess there really isn't a way to do that. I would trust warpmymind - I think the worst crime that site might be guilty of is being ineffectual - but that's purely a gut feeling. *shrug*

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options