The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:53 AM

mutador
Will Smith in Hancock

Hi, I came across this trailer with Will Smith yesterday

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=152&item=3

he's a superhero bum with superstrength
not growth related but he's hot anyway
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to tanky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:28 PM
100% Beef Addict

tanky has disabled reputation
This film looks so cool BUT I wish it wasn't Will Smith in the title role. He's such a wisecracking wiseass at the best of times, there's just no angle there. It would have been so much hotter if they'd gone down another route and picked a totally geeky but cute as hell guy who's really shy and awkward before he gets his powers and then goes totally crazy afterwards, showing off his strength and getting back at all the people who picked on him before he got strong. Will Smith is such a 'dude' he'd be leader of the pack anyway, with or without the super-strength. Like I said, there's no angle there. Oh well, some nice strength scenes by the look of things.
  #3   Add to Choco_cow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Choco_cow is on a distinguished road
But isn't it a redemption story about an alien? Isn't it about him finding himself and everything? I think they picked a really good person to play a washed out superhero bum that's going to try turning things around

I'm actually pleased--I think I've been inundated with shy, geeky superheroes lately. They can't all be shy and geeky, you know?
  #4   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
I just think it's cool cause when people think "superhero" they think about the moralistic attitude of Superman and Captain America.

That's why the original Batman was so striking - though as of late, he too has become an "icon" of goodwill and not the "no-holds bar" kinda guy he was early on.

But this the "superhero" is a boozing, obnoxiously rude hobo...

... now how many times has that happened?
  #5   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I think it's a really interesting idea, but the trailer I saw in the theatre was TERRIBLE. The audience was completely confused.
  #6   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I think it's a really interesting idea, but the trailer I saw in the theatre was TERRIBLE. The audience was completely confused.

Yeah, I saw a trailer in the theater recently that seemed pretty lame. But I had previously seen a different trailer (online) that I thought looked really fun. Definitely looking forward to seeing this movie.
  #7   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2008, 03:18 AM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
Agreed, the theater preview was confusing but the online video previews have been promising. I don't know who besides WIll Smith could play the part.

I think what I've enjoyed about the trailers is the scenes where he's flying or demonstrating his superhero strength... the manner in which he performs it isn't iconic or showy, he just sort of does his thing. He flies like a drunkard (as opposed to Superman's noble perched stance) and sticks his foot in it a lot without thinking about the consequences of his actions. Also, I like the way the production team has added the counter-effects, like when he takes off and the opposite reaction against the concrete leaves a cracked crater and smashed bench... much more likely but I guess not everyone remembers what they learned in science class!
  #8   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM

benchdude has disabled reputation
it looks like this decade's equivalent of Forrest Gump in that it seems like the entire reason the movie was made was solely to show off special effects, without regard for an intelligent plotline at all. looks reeeeeeally dumb, and I agree with the post about Will Smith's character and his lame smartass comments that he makes in the trailer, trying to sound all badass but really just comes across as kinda laughable.
  #9   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM

mutador
I'd have preferred a story about a geeky dude or a family man in disgrace who gets superpowers and becomes sort of a hero... but I can't expect screenwriters to write all the stuff I like hehe
About the superstrong bum, I think it's kind of surrealistic, I mean, he lives in the street and also has superpowers, and nobody seems interested, it's like "oh yeah, that bum has superpowers", that's not believable at all unless you provide an interesting explanation on why everyone takes it so naturally at the beginning of the film. And why would someone live in the street if they have superpowers, I don't get it...
Also, Will Smith doesn't look so buff as in "I, Robot", what a shame!
Despite all this, I think the strength feats are very hot and I'm probably going to watch this movie.
  #10   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchdude View Post
it looks like this decade's equivalent of Forrest Gump in that it seems like the entire reason the movie was made was solely to show off special effects, without regard for an intelligent plotline at all.

Wait! What? You thought "Forrest Gump" had no plot?

Come again?
  #11   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM

mutador
Forrest Gump is a very funny movie to watch, once.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options