The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:36 PM

traveller
limited mobility

I think you guys may be amused by my problem I had today while showering at the gym. I normally prefer showering at home because I'll never worry about forgetting anything like a shirt, a pair of socks or underwear. This morning, however, I needed to workout after spending over 12 hours working through the night at the office, and I definitely needed a shower. At the gym I worked out arms for a few hours. My arms were so pumped, that my forearms and biceps limited my range of motion even more than normal. For example, in my normal, 'cold' state (19"), I cannot bend my arm to touch any part of my anterior deltoids; my biceps and forearms get in the way. If my pecs are pumped, I have problems reaching parts of my face and neck. So, after my workout, in the shower, I could barely wash parts of my shoulders, and couldn't wash my back without a long wash cloth that I lacked at the gym. That was a bit frustrating for me because I felt so grungy.

That gym where I worked out today is in the suburbs south of San Francisco. It's not the type of place where you ask someone to help wash your back. If I worked out at Gold's Castro or SOMA, I *might* of toyed with the idea of asking someone for help, but I probably would never have the nerve to do so. :^P

Traveller
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 03:04 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
<send cell phone number to Traveller>

Darlin', anytime your back needs washin', just give me a holler. It's a bit of a hike from Ann Arbor to the Bay Area but BELIEVE ME I'd be glad to oblige!

:-)

xoxo

richard
  #3   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:40 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
I think you guys may be amused by my problem I had today while showering at the gym...My arms were so pumped, that my forearms and biceps limited my range of motion even more than normal. For example, in my normal, 'cold' state (19"), I cannot bend my arm to touch any part of my anterior deltoids; my biceps and forearms get in the way. If my pecs are pumped, I have problems reaching parts of my face and neck. So, after my workout, in the shower, I could barely wash parts of my shoulders, and couldn't wash my back without a long wash cloth that I lacked at the gym. That was a bit frustrating for me because I felt so grungy.
Traveller, you have a way of making me jealous, and somewhat 'excited,' at the same time! I've had situations where I have been sore enough the next day from a too long work out where I couldn't lift my arms to tie my tie so I have an idea of what you are talking about--and though my arms aren't as large as yours (only 17") I have had a situation where I was asked to touch my shoulder but couldn't because my bicep got in the way, which I thought was cool actually and it impressed the guy I was working with (it was a stage combat class by the way).

So I say enjoy the experience and think of the growth that you're about have from such a good pumo! At least I've always noticed that an increase in pump size seems to be followed by an increase in cold size
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:40 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Thank you for your post. God, I hope I can have problems like that soon.
  #5   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
LeatherGryphon

I think the poll results are in favor of envious and willing rather than amused. :-)

Next time, just "go for it", you might even get your butt flicked with a wet washcloth after he's done and a date for the night too. LOL

Or next time you see someone in the same situation, mention your experience in this problem and volunteer (don't forget the butt flick). ROFL
  #6   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:24 AM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
I'll add my 2 cents here... I have 15" arms and lately I've had trouble adjusting my headphone earbuds after a bicep workout. It's funny but also damn motivating at the same time. I can't even imagine how I'd reach to scratch an itch on my back if I had 19" guns!
  #7   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
A friend in need...

...hmm, maybe if I flew to San Fransisco to check on the....uh, ....uh, public facilities and, um... public -well-being of...uh, local bodybuiders, maybe I could justify the trip . Yeah, that's it!! I can't let a fellow muscleman hurt himself trying to reach those muscle bound bodyparts!! It's my civic duty to help others [insert Yankee-Doodle music here]
  #8   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Isn't it ironic

Am I the only one smirking that the guy named 'traveller' has limited mobility?

For some inspiration on this front, check out www.bigmikemorris.com This guy is a complete tank in the gym.

So I guess now we'll all be using bad hairstyles and open collars as criteria for a true muscleman?

RadRx
  #9   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:47 PM

That Mike is f**king HUGE!

This limited mobility story reminds me of when I was in the Navy, there were several guys on my ship with arms so big, they couldn't salute properly... I wish I had that problem too!
  #10   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
And his hair is perfect!

rpj
  #11   Add to Jace's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:42 AM

Jace is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jace
Red face If only

I honestly don't know where guys get their motivation to build their bodies up. I am in such awe.

It seems almost hopeless for me. But it's so great to hear what other have been acomplishing.

I can't even fathom being muscluar! =)

WTG!

jace
  #12   Add to jco2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:04 AM
ocj

jco2007 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to jco2007
Thumbs up Re: If only

Hey Jace
Quote:
...But it's so great to hear what other have been acomplishing.

I can't even fathom being muscluar!
=)
You're not the only one (I feel the same way), I agree with you in that its good motivation to see what others are achieving with their determination. For me anyways, I salute them (respect guys), and draw inspiration and endeavour to stumble along my own path hopefully away from skinnydom.
  #13   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:54 AM
LeatherGryphon

Well, whenever you guys are ready you know there are people who can help. You're right though, it does take determination. I never had it in sufficient quantities to reach my goal of being a recognized winner but I built a healthy life for myself.

In some respects I think there is too much information out there, a newbie is overwhelmed with conflicting and pseudo scientific explanations especially from the muscle mags. It takes a little help at first to sort through the gobbledy-gook and get back to basics. Someone to personally show you how to do exercises properly is very important to avoid learning the hard way what is dangerous. Everyone who's been in the game for a few years can provide from experience any number of "what not to do" examples. Make friends with a bodybuilder of experience and teaching attitude.

You are not going to get as big and the magazine heros by following their routine. You have to develop your own routine starting from basics and learning over several years. Sorry, no shortcut! A good well written book is better than any of the magazines. Use the magazines to JO with and use the books to learn from.

In principle though it's simple, exercise safely, eat smartly, sleep sufficiently, keep at it, learn more.

Whenever you're ready...
  #14   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Very good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
... " Use the magazines to JO with and use the books to learn from."
OK, LG put tons of good info in that last post, but I wanted to focus on this line. The magazines have to put out different ideas & philosophies each month, and their routines are for the super advanced. Books need to work month after month, and generally have good info in them.

It is difficult to stay motivated, so we all need to reach out to those around us for help & motivation.
  #15   Add to jco2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:45 AM
ocj

jco2007 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to jco2007
Thumbs up Re: Very good advice

LeatherGryphon and Brent, many thanks for the explanations and advice, speaking for myself only, they have been noted.
  #16   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:46 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
motivation

a lot of people may find it hard to believe;but the guys who get the best results REALLY ENJOY WORKING OUT!if all you want is the change in appearance,the growth comes too slowly for someone who hates exercise.for me,it's the best part of my day,wish i could more!
  #17   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:38 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
... the guys who get the best results REALLY ENJOY WORKING OUT!...,it's the best part of my day,wish i could more!
I typically work out at the end of my workday whether that's 7 a.m. or 9 p.m. I look forward to it. It's a great way for me to de-stress/decompress. Besides it fulfills my need to work my muscles. If I'm lucky, I'll see some eye candy at the gym. I can get rather bitchy if I have to shorten my workout time, or cancel it entirely. Recently, given a huge workload, I had the choice between working out (my nearest gym where I have membership is 2 miles away from work) and going home (35 miles from work--one way) for a few hours. I chose to workout for several hours, and then return to work; I lived at worked for two days.

BTW, my desire to work out affects how I plan my vacations/trips, and where I stay.

Traveller
  #18   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:21 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
right back at ya

i am generally"the sweetest person alive"(copyright)but if i can't work out,i can get pretty crabby.
  #19   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:28 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
i am generally"the sweetest person alive"(copyright)but if i can't work out,i can get pretty crabby.
And one of the best things about working out is, even if you are kind of down, depressed, feeling fatigued, or crabby when you start working out--by the end of the workout you always end up in a happier mood (at least I seem to!).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options