The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:11 PM

sl97aq
Andrew's Enhancement: The Final Chapter

THIS IS THE FOURTH AND FINAL CHAPTER OF THE ANDREW'S ENHANCEMENT STORY AND IT SHOULD WRAP UP A LOT OF THE QUESTIONS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PRODUCED WHILE READING THE ANDREW STORY

?Well, here we are,? Commander Thomas said, as the group of teens and adults arrived in the Command Center.

?While we were in the Medical Room, I had the Helm Officer bring us to the Moon.?

?Wow, look at that!? Carrie marveled, looking out the wrap-around windows. ?I?ve never seen the Moon up close before, not even in pictures!?

?I doubt many civilians have,? Andrew said, squeezing her hand gently. ?We?re very lucky to have this opportunity.?

"And I feel very lucky to be here with you to enjoy this view," Carrie whispered in Andrew's ear.

"This view of the Moon can't compare to your beaty," Andrew whispered back. Carrie smiled at his compliment and kissed him gently on the lips. Andrew smiled as well and his massive arms came around her gently. Once their kiss was complete, Andrew said, "I can think of something else that we can see, since we're here."

"What would that be?" Carrie asked him.

"The original landing site of Apollo 11," Andrew replied.

"That's an excellent idea," Thomas said. "Helm, scan for the American flag and set a course."

"Aye sir," the Helm Officer said.

As the Space Station moved to the proper coordinates, Margaret came over to Andrew to speak to him alone.

"How are you feeling after the treatment in the Medical Room?" she asked him.

"I feel stronger than I ever have before," Andrew replied. "But the doctors said that they noticed some genetic enhancement when they scanned me. How can that be?"

"Maybe you should ask them," Margaret suggested, trying to delay him.

"I'm asking you," Andrew reminded her, frowning slightly. He left out how the doctors had informed him of Margaret's contribution to his enhancement and added, "I did ask them; they avoided the question. So I'm hoping you can tell me what's going on."

Margaret noticed Andrew's determined look and she remembered his prior feats of great strength, especially when he had been so injured at the time.

"I think the doctors picked up the enhancement I performed on you," she replied.

"You enhanced me?" Andrew asked her, acting surprised. "How did you do that?" he asked her, anxious to hear what had happened from Margaret herself.

"I have no idea," Margaret replied. "Believe me, I was just as surprised as you when my magic made you stronger. I couldn't believe my eyes when you held the airlock doors apart with your bare hands, even when you were so injured at the time! And when you were fully healed, you snapped the railing apart accidentally!"

"But how did your magic enhance me in the first place?" Andrew asked her. "Where did the strength to hold the doors apart and snap the railing come from?"

"I think that my magic somehow enhanced your adrenaline levels," Margaret replied. "I had no idea that would happen; I just thought that your injuries would be healed. But I think that your anger at the time must have raised your adrenaline levels already. So once I healed you, there was nothing to stop you from attaining superhuman strength."

"Do you think the effect will be permanent?" Andrew asked her.

"I'm not sure," Margaret replied. "I have never seen this effect before. However, the enhancement effect does seem to noticed the most when you exert yourself or get angry. I must admit that I was really scared of you when I saw that you could take two bullets without getting knocked down. But of course I was also relieved that you weren't hurt."

"I loved it!" Andrew shouted, noticing that Carrie was busy talking to Thomas and his crew. "My great strength certainly showed Alexander that his efforts to defeat us were futile! Thanks to the enhancement from you and the doctors, it looks like I'm going to become really big and strong! The doctors tell me that your accidental enhancement of me made their enhancement of me possible. They also said that I will become a lot bigger over the next six months, well past the 300 pound mark! The question is: how did they get the idea to enhance me, and not Steve?"

"I gave them the idea to enhance you, after I noticed the effect my magic had on you," Margaret replied. "I told the doctor telepathically while he took your X-rays and MRI scans. I also got the idea to propose your enhancement based on what Commander Marge told me."

"What did Commander Marge tell you?" Andrew asked her, feeling like he was finally getting to the true reason that he was chosen for genetic enhancement.

"Commander Marge told me that you have a secret wish to bench-press a car someday," Margaret replied.

"How could she possibly know about that?" Andrew asked in astonishment. "I've only told one person about that hope and it was my dad; seven years ago!" He thought about that statement for a moment and then everything clicked into place in his mind. "Wait a minute: Marge was with my parents on the Metal Monster while we battled Alexander, wasn't she?" When Margaret nodded, Andrew added, "So it was my dad who told Marge to have me enhanced! And Marge told him that the Transylvanians had a way to make the enhancement happen!"

"You're exactly right," Margaret agreed, relieved that Andrew had figured everything out. "I hope that the doctors asked your permission before they enhanced you."

"Yes they did," Andrew replied. "I'm glad that you told me now about your part in all this.I just wish you had told me beforehand though."

"It was a last minute talk between Marge and your father," Margaret informed him. "Then Marge told me about the plan, but you got injured and we didn't have time to tell you about it. Of course, once I realized that you had internal injuries, I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to have you enhanced. But I didn't know if the procedure would work, so I didn't want to get your hopes up."

"Well your concern for me hopes is fine, but I'd rather be informed next time," Andrew informed her firmly. "Do you think you can do that for me next time?"

"Of course Andrew," Margaret assured him. "I must tell you that you're quite scary even when you're not angry!"

"Then I suggest that you don't get me angry," Andrew said, looking over at her as they reached the landing site. "I bet I'll only get scarier as I get bigger, so it's time I learned to control my bad temper!"

"I think that would be a very good idea," Margaret agreed. "You don't want to scare all your friends or Carrie away!" She looked out the window and then at the screen close-ups of the landing site. "It's amazing that the landing site hasn't changed in almost forty years!"

"I think that's because they're no air on the Moon," Andrew reminded her.

"Hey you're right!" Margaret realized, looking over at him. "You're a pretty smart guy Andrew!"

"That's because I have an IQ of 150," Andrew informed her. When Margaret went to speak, Andrew clamped one massive hand around her right arm. "Please don't tell anyone Margaret. I've managed to keep my true IQ a secret from everyone except my immediate family."

"Okay Andrew," Margaret agreed, looking up into Andrew's gentle eyes. She winced at the pain from his iron grip, even though she could tell he was trying to be gentle. "Do you think you can let go of my arm Andrew; before you break it?"

"Sorry about that Margaret," Andrew apologized, releasing his grip immediately. He stared down at his massive hands in shock and added, "I thought that hurting people accidentally had been left behind on the football field last year."

"It doesn't seem that way," Margaret informed him, rubbing her bruised right arm. She stared out the window as the Space Station passed over the landing site and began to return to Earth. "Your genetic enhancement is obviously increasing your strength even now; at a much faster rate than normal!"

"I think you're right," Andrew agreed, stepping up beside Margaret as she moved to another window to look back at the Moon. As the Moon's cratered landscape passed beneath them, Andreww placed his hands gently on the windowsill. "Do you want to know what else the doctors told me?"

"It looks like we'll have a few minutes to discuss the beginning of your new life," Margaret replied.

"What do you mean?" Andrew asked, turning to look at her carefully.

"I have the feeling that the events of this day will have repercussions for years to come," Margaret said ominously.

"You're scaring me Margaret," Andrew whispered, so that noone else could hear them. "Did you just get a pyschic flash of the future?"

"Yes I think I did," Margaret replied. "It will be very interesting to see all the effects that your enhancement has on you and everyone in your life. But I think we got a bit off topic with that revelation. You were going to tell me more of the doctors' information about your enhancement."

"Yes I was," Andrew said, trying to remember the rest of what the doctors had told him. "The doctors told me that I will have an infinite pain tolerance and a huge lung capacity."

"What does all that mean?" Margaret asked, looking confused at Andrew's terminology.

"You thought I withstood bullets before; just wait until you see how little effect they have on me now!" Andrew predicted with a cocky grin. "Not only will I become much bigger, at least 100 pounds, but my muscles will become much denser!"

"Does that mean that bullets won't be able to penetrate them?" Margaret asked him in astonishment.

"Not exactly," Andrew corrected her, looking disappointed at the thought. His cocky grin returned as he added, "But my muscles will slow the bullets down so that my internal organs won't be damaged. My muscles will effectively become a biological bulletproof vest! And with my pain receptors rendered ineffective due to surging adrenaline, bullets won't even make me wince in pain, nor will they knock me down!"

"It sounds like you're going to become like a Universal Soldier!" Margaret realized, hoping that Andrew was old enough to remember the movie.

"Actually, the effect of the enhancement is more like the blue gill creatures from that early episode of Star Trek the Next Generation," Andrew corrected her. "Those aliens that infected Admiral Quinn and enhanced his adrenal gland from within produced the same superhuman strength and resistance to pain that I will soon experience. With so much pure adrenaline flowing through me, my dream of having superhuman strength will soon become a reality!"

"I'm very happy for you Andrew!" Margaret praised him. "I'm also very happy that my contribution to the Enhancement Project will allow you to realize your dream. It looks like you'll have no trouble getting into the NFL now!"

"And I'll get there drug-free as well!" Andrew reminded her. "The doctors tweaked my adrenaline and testosterone glands with biological filters. That way, all the impurities were filtered out and 100 percent pure adrenaline and testosterone will soon flow through me, at a much higher rate than before!"

"Good for you Andrew," Margaret said, pleased for her big friend. "I'm glad that you appreciate the benefits of medical technology that is at least a century ahead of what human medicine can produce."

"Oh don't worry Margaret," Andrew said, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. He smiled with anticipation and added, "I'll soon become so strong that I will move beyond bench-pressing cars to lifting limos and pickup trucks as well!"

"The term 'pickup truck' will have a much more literal meaning once you pick one up for the first time," Margaret chuckled, wondering if Andrew would catch on to her pun.

"Ha ha ha!" Andrew laughed, slapping Margaret's shoulder with one massive hand. "That was a very good pun Margaret!"

"Thanks Andrew," Margaret said, massaging her now-bruised shoulder. "I'm glad you found my pun amusing."

"I didn't hurt you again, did I Margaret?" Andrew asked her, his grin fading into a look of worry.

"I'm afraid you did hurt me Andrew, though I know that you didn't mean to," Margaret replied.

"I'm really sorry that I hurt you Margaret, but I'm glad you know that I didn't mean to," Andrew said, looking down at her with the worried expression still on his face.

Margaret noticed a hint of fear on his face, and she realized that Andrew's growing strength scared him more than being shot. Margaret realized that she had to help Andrew deal with his growing strength now, before it was too late.

"Andrew, I think you are growing stronger by the minute, thanks to the Enhancement Procedure!" Margaret realized. She forced back her fear of his great strength and reached up to put a hand on his shoulder. When she had to stretch her entire arm up to do so, she realized suddenly just how tall Andrew really was. "I think you'll have to learn how to control your great strength right now, so that you don't hurt anyone else, like you did on the field last season!"

"How do I do that?" Andrew asked her, noticing Earth getting larger very quickly in the window. "Will you help me control my growing strength Margaret, before I accidentally send someone else to the hospital?"

"I think-" Margaret began, before the lights went out. "What's happening Thomas?" she asked the Space Station Commander, as she and Andrew turned to the front of the Command Center.

"It's some kind of power failure," Thomas guessed, as he opened a comlink to Engineering. The screen displays began flickering as he said, "Engineering, this is the Command Center. What's causing our systems to fail?" He heard nothing but static on the other end of the line, so he yelled out: "Engineering, can you hear me?"

"It sounds like our comm system is down as well," Margaret realized, as all the screens went dark. Only the light from Earth illuminated the Command Center by then, and she added, "Can you get through to the Haunted House and let them know we're in trouble?"

"That's what I just tried to do," Thomas informed her, turning the comm unit off. "It appears that external communications have been affected, as well as internal comm systems." He turned to the Engineering Officer and said, "Get down to Engineering and find out what's causing the power failure." He turned to the Communications Officer and said, "Take a shuttle to the Haunted House, let them know that we're in trouble and that we would appreciate any assistance they can offer. "

Thomas only had a few seconds to appreciate the irony of the situation: he was asking the Haunted House to help him, when he and his crew had almost destroyed it a couple of weeks before.

"I can take over Communications in the Comm Officer's absence," Margaret offered, as the Comm Officer ran for the door.

"Thank you Margaret," Thomas said gratefully. He stepped up behind the Helm Officer and said, "It looks like our power got cut off just before we entered Earth's gravity; we seem to be at a full stop now."

"Yes sir," the Helm Officer said. "I've taken the liberty of activating Manual Override so that we can get down to Earth under our own power once the engines are restored. Then we can bypass the virus that is still apparently affecting Automatic Helm Control."

"Good idea Lieutenant, though I hope we get engine power back soon, before we run out of air," Thomas said.

"I could try to use my magic to reactivate the Helm Controls," Margaret offered. "That should save a few minutes of time once engine power is restored."

"Another good idea!" Thomas congratulated her. "Please proceed."

So Margaret bent down and opened the panel to the Helm console. Then she released her finger bolts gently into the circuits, causing the console displays to light up again.

"Power to the Helm Controls has been restored," Margaret told Thomas. "But until we get power from Engineering, it won't do us any good."

"Commander: we can't get the doors open even with the hand cranks!" the Engineering Officer reported.

"But if we can't get out of this room, we'll all run out of air and lose consciousness before we can help fix the engines!" Thomas realized.

"Don't you have portable air supplies in here?" Margaret asked him incredulously.

"We're a space station; not a commercial plane!" Thomas realized in frustration. "As our technology improved, we were able to do away with portable oxygen takns."

"We sure could use some now," Margaret informed him; beginning to breath heavily as the air began to thin out.

"Can you use your magic to increase the amount of oxygen in the air?" Thomas asked Margaret.

"I don't have the scientific knowledge or the fine control of magic to do that," Margaret replied. "Besides, only a medical professional could know how much oxygen in the air is good for the human body."

"I can get the doors open so that we can get down to Engineering," Andrew informed them; walking over to the doors. "Then you can get down to Engineering and reactivate the controls down there with your magic."

"Good idea Andrew," Margaret agreed. "There are no windows down there though, so a few people will have to stay up here to operate the controls once engine power is restored."

"Carrie and I can do that," Andrew said, as he effortlessly forced the doors open. He saw Steve standing on the other side and he added, "Steve can take you down to Engineering and help you get the power restored."

"I'll show you and Carrie how to...operate the controls...up here," Thomas gasped, panting for air as Steve guided Margaret and the Engineering and Comm Officers down the hall.

"Good idea sir," Andrew agreed, as he sat down in the Helm Officer's seat. The Helm Officer had already lost consciousness. "Better hurry up sir; it looks like you're about to lose consciousness any minute!"

Carrie sat down in the Communication Officer's seat as Thomas used his last few minutes of consciousness to briefly explain the manual landing procedure to them. Once Thomas lost consciousness, Carrie lay him down gently on the floor and then sat down beside Andrew again.

Andrew held Carrie's hand gently, noticing that she was breathing heavily.

"All we can do now is wait for Steve and Margaret to restore power to the engines," Andrew realized; flipping through the Landing Procedure Manual. "I hope they get to Engineering before they both lose consciousness!"

"At least we're not crashing to the surface; thanks to the quick thinking of the Helm Officer," Carrie realized. "I think that Alexander's sabotage, perhaps a computer virus, jumped from Automatic Helm Control to the power systems!"

"If that furry freak hadn't been blown to pieces along with his helicopter, I'd make him pay dearly for this!" Andrew frowled in fury.

"Use that anger to...keep yourself...awake!" Carrie urged him; her eyes beginning to close. "Comm's back Andrew; looks like Margaret and Steve completed..."

Carrie's last word ended in a gasp as her eyes closed and she slumped down in her seat. Andrew caught her gently and lay her down gently on the floor beside the Helm Officer. Then he sat down again and opened a comm channel to the Haunted House.

"Hello, can anyone here me?" he asked. "This is Andrew Pearson aboard the Transylvanian Space Station!"

"This is Sub-Commander Mildred aboard the Haunted House," he heard over the speaker. "What's going on over there? Why have you hovered in stationary orbit for the last several minutes instead of landing?"

Andrew quickly explained the situation and the house and Metal Monster's body quickly assumed an escort formation around the space station. The head of the Metal Monster slipped in front of the station, where it would help to disperse some of the heat from atmospheric friction. As the escorts got into position, Mildred gave Andrew some more tips on how to land the station safely using manual controls. Andrew felt relieved that he wasn't alone, especially when he heard Steve's voice over the intercomm.

"You've got engine power now Andrew!" Steve reported. "Everyone else, including Margaret, is unconscious now. So take us down quickly before the loss of oxygen gives us all brain damage!"

"Acknowledged," Andrew said, putting both hands on the control yoke.

He pushed the yoke forward slowly and the Space Station slowly began to descend into the atmosphere. Andrew had to fight hard to see through the flames of atmospheric friction, but he was relieved that the vehicle in front of him helped to disperse some of them. Andrew was pleasantly surprised that he did not have to fight hard to keep the station on course, and he was relieved that his great strength was helping him guide the station to safety.

It's great that I am able to use my military training to help people, Andrew realized. That training must be why I'm not panicking right now!

When the navigation screen lit up, Andrew was able to adjust the course of the station slightly so that he could straight towards the Great Lakes. Andrew took one hand off the yoke to press the intercom button; amazed that he had the strength in his right hand alone to hold the station on course.

"Thanks for fixing the Navigation Systems Steve; now I won't be flying blind!" Andrew shouted in gratitude. When he heard no response from Steve, he shouted: "Steve, can you hear me?"

Oh no! he thought to himself, beginnign to feel nervous. Am I the only conscious person on this station now? I guess the genetic enhancement increased my lung capacity as well as my strength! Then he saw the flames vanish as the station penetrated the atmosphere. Oh good; I can see North America and the Great Lakes now! Andrew realized. All I have to do is aim and steer! Andrew refrained from talking to himself out loud because he wasn't sure how long it would be before he lost consciousness! I hope it doesn't happen until I land the station safely or we'll all die! he realized.

Andrew turned the yoke slightly to the left, aiming for the Great Lakes instead of the East Coast, even though he couldn't see Lake Simcoe yet.

"How are you doing over there Andrew?" Mildred asked him over the external comm.

"I'm fine so far Sub-Commander," Andrew replied. "I just had to make a minor course correction or we would have headed for the East Coast instead of Orillia! I guess the Navigation Systems were slightly damaged during the power failure; it's a good thing that there are windows up here! I also seem to be the only person conscious on the station apparently, since Steve is not responding!"

"Watch the altimeter Andrew; once it says 5,000 metres, you will be able to open the external vents and let air into the station from outside," Mildred advised him. "Just be sure that you don't open the vents until then, or the change in pressure would suck all the air, and everything else, out of the station!"

"Thanks Sub-Commander; I'll try to keep that in mind,' Andrew said; beginning to feel a slight strain breathing as the air became too thin even for hs recently enhanced lungs. "I think the air is getting too thin even for me!"

"You have to stay awake for a few more minutes Andrew," Mildred reminded him. "As the only person awake in the Control Room, you have to land the station manually! Whatever you do, do not engage Automatic Pilot! That's how Alexander's sabotage was able to cause the power loss in the first place!"

"Yeah, I don't need you to remind me of that!" Andrew growled in fury. "I'm glad that he got crushed by the rubble from his helicopter, or I'd crush all the bones in his neck!"

"Use that anger to keep yourself awake Andrew; instead of wasting it in mindless fury!" Mildred admonished him. "You should be able to see the blue dot of Lake Simcoe by now."

Andrew looked out the window and saw Lake Simcoe as a tiny blue dot above the shoe-shaped Lake Ontario.

"I see it now Sub-Commander, but it's not nearly close enough for me to open the outer vents yyet," Andrew realized. "I still can see almost all of North America right now!"

"Yes Lake Simcoe is quite a large lake, even though it is not a Great Lake," Mildred agreed. "Hang in there Andrew; we'll soon below enough to open the vents. Wait until the altimeter says 5 km; that should occur when you can see Orillia."

"Understood," Andrew agreed.

He stayed quiet for a few moments: concentrating on his flying and taking short shallow breaths to keep from passing out.

When he could finally see Lake Couchiching, he heard Mildred says, "Almost there Andrew; are you still with us?"

"I'm here," Andrew replied; blinking his eyes to get rid of the black spots obscuring his vision. "Just...tell me when," he added; almost gasping out the words as he fought to stay conscious.

"Hang in there Andrew; you're the only one who can pilot the station with everyone else unconscious," Mildred reminded him. "Keep that rage at Alexander alive and you'll be able to keep yourself awake long enough to land the station!"

"Understood," Andrew said; pinching his arm to stay awake. "Drat, I couldn't feel a thing! I guess the Genetic Enhancement did shut down my pain receptors after all!"

"It's good to know that the enhancement procedure was successful," Mildred said. "I can see Orillia now and your altimeter should say 5 kilomters. Open the outer vents now Andrew and breath easy!"

"Finally!" Andrew gasped in relief, turning the outer vent knob to the open position. When the knob got stuck and he heard a grinding noise from the outer vents, he realized that he had a big problem! "Oh no! The knob got stuck and the outer vents are jammed!" He twisted the knob further, trying to make it turn and then it broke off in his hand. "Knob broke! What now?"

"Can you use your belt to tie the yoke to the seat: keeping the station on course while you free the jammed vents with your bare hands?" Mildred asked him.

"Yes I can," Andrew replied; taking off his belt and tying the steering yoke to the seat.

He stood up and stumbled over to the wall vents; fighting to stay conscious as his lungs screamed for air. He braced his arms against the wall, hanging his head and trying to force some air into his lungs. Then he narrowed his eyes in determination, lifted his head and grabbed the inner vent grate with both hands. Then he ripped the grate off the wall effortlessly. When Andrew saw that the outer vents were jammed as well, he leaned into the wall opening, balled up his right fist and punched the grate out into mid-air; snapping the screws in the process.

As fresh air entered his lungs, Andrew took a deep breath, filling his lungs with air. Then he looked at the grate on the floor and the pieces of snapped screws lying beside it. Andrew clenched his fists and looked at the rock-hard muscles in his forearms; marvelling at how strong he was.

"Pull up Andrew; before you crash!" he heard Mildred scream frantically from the comm system.

Andrew ran over to the Helm console and saw the Orillia forest filling the window. He snapped the belt in half when the knot wouldn't loosen and halued back on the yoke. The station skimmed over the treetops and then soared into the air: right into the path of the Haunted House, which was coming in for a landing. Andrew frantically jerked the sterring yoke to the left, sending the station into a portside roll away from the house.

"Sorry about that Sub-Commander," Andrew apologized. "I just had to catch my breath for a moment. We may have air in here now, but what about the other rooms in the station?"

"If the doorway behind you is open, then the rest of the station will get air," Mildred assured him. Andrew looked behind him and saw that the door was open, so he knew that she was right. "Just circle around until you can see the clearing and then land the station," Mildred added. "Then our engineers can board the station, open up all the outer vents, and get everyone out into the fresh air. The helicopters with the spare parts for the house have arrived; they are surrounding the clearing so that it's well marked for you to land in."

"Okay, I'm coming around," Andrew informed her, swinging the station down and to the left. "I see the clearing now!"

"We'll be wating for you Andrew!" Mildred advised him.

Andrew looked out the window and saw the house settled on its foundation in the center of the clearing. The Metal Monster was standing on one side of the clearing, so Andrew guided the station to the other side; decreasing the throttle and extending the landing struts.

"I'm ready to land now," he advised Mildred. "Get the engineers ready to board the station."

"Standing by Andrew," Mildred responded.

Andrew activated the braking thrusters and the station descended very slowly the last few tens of meters. Then it landed softly and Andrew shut the engines off; breathing a huge sigh of relief now that the station was safely on the ground again. Carrie began to wake up and Andrew helped her stand up. They noticed that Commander Thomas and the Helm Officer were still unconscious, so Andrew and Carrie picked them up and carried them out of the Command Center. Carrie followed Andrew down the hallway, which formed a descending spiral to the exit ramp at the bottom of the station.

"Hey Steve, I see you made it here safely," Andrew said; noticing him coming around the corner.

"Yes I did Andrew; thanks to you," Steve said, supporting Margaret and Marge and carrying the Comm Officer across his shoulders. "Do you think you could press the ramp button for me? I don't have a free hand to do it myself."

"No problem man," Andrew said, pressing the ramp button. As the ramp extended to the ground, he added, "I'm glad I got us down safely; another minute and I would have lost consciousness just like all of you!"

"Well it's a good thing that you got us down safely," Steve said. As they walked down the ramp he added, "We would all be dead if hadn't been able to stay awake and land the station! You're a hero who saved all our lives today!"

"I'm not a hero man," Andrew protested, as they were escorted into the house by the Medical Staff. Then he realized Steve's contributions to his own heroic actions that day. "If I am a hero Steve, then you are too, since you carried three people down ten decks and restored power to the engines! Without you staying awake long enough to do that, I wouldn't have been able to land the station!"

"I think that both of you are heroes today," Carrie decided, as the Medical Staff led them down the hall to the Medical Room.

"Thanks Carrie," Andrew and Steve said together. They looked at each other with a grin and then Andrew said, "Don't tell any of our friends about this Carrie; we already get swarmed enough by them for being football heroes!"

"I'll keep quiet," Carrie promised him. "As much as I want to brag about my boyfriend and brother saving all our lives today, I'll keep my mouth shut so that I don't embarrass you two!"

"I appreciate that Carrie," Andrew said softly, wrapping his free arm around her shoulders gently.

Once everyone entered the Medical Room, the two Witches and the three space station officers woke up. Doctor Franklin and his staff made sure that no one had suffered any permanent negative effects from the lack of oxygen they had experienced. Steve then said goodbye to everyone and headed home. Sub-Commander Mildred entered the Medical Room as he was leaving it, and Steve stayed outside the room, out of sight, to hear what she had to say.

"You truly are a hero today Andrew!" Mildred informed Andrew; shaking his hand. "You saved the lives of everyone on that station today: including the lives of all your friends!"

"Yeah I guess I am a hero," Andrew agreed; not having to pretend to be humble now that Steve was out of sight. He had no idea that Steve could hear him when he added, "It's great for me to help people directly for once; instead of on the base where I never get to see them!"

"Yes, your father told me and Marge how you are a military hero as well: serving proudly in the Canadian Reserves," Mildred informed him.

"Thank you for saying that Sub-Commander; it really means a lot," Andrew said humbly. He looked over to the door and saw a person's shadow in the hallway outside. Andrew narrowed his eyes in thought: trying to figure out who was eavesdropping on them. A nasty suspicion formed in his mind, but he dismissed it and turned to Commander Marge. "Thank you for a great tour Commander and thank you for enhancing me so that my dream of superhuman strength could come true! The benefits of that great strength and the larger lung capacity the treatment gave me were realized when I was able to stay awake to land the station and free the jammed outer vents!"

He thought he heard something hit the wall outside and then he noticed the shadows at the entrance shift as Steve walked down the hall. Andrew stared at the wall; almost certain that it had been Steve listening to them, since noone else's shadow had been visible in the hallway outside.

"I'm glad that I was able to help you fulfil your potential Andrew," Marge said, shaking his hand. She led the group of five people out of the Medical Room and then down the hall to the east exit. "You are the first human we used the Enhancement Serum on, having just perfected it in the Inventing Room last night. Of course, Commander Thomas and his scientists have already tested it on humans back in Transylvania with great success, proving that human trials were effective and safe. Some of his guards have already been enhanced and they were with us on the station earlier today. You got the full prototype dose we had Andrew, so don't be surprised if your strength, and your bodyweight, increase faster than they ever have before!"

"You know, I did notice how fit and strong the guards in the Command Center of the station were," Andrew realized, as they stepped outside. As he watched the engineers unloading the spare parts out of the helicopters, he added, "They were much smaller than Steve and I though, so I am a little surprised that you didn't choose to enhance Chris instead of me! I know that he has always been upset about being so small!"

"Our serum is a little different than the Transylvanian Serum," Marge informed him. "Their serum is able to enhance anyone, male or female, regardless of their size. Our serum is only able to enhance certain people: those males who weight about 275 pounds or more. That's because our serum can't increase the natural level of testosterone and adrenaline in a person; it can purify the natural levels that already exist! It has the same effect as increasing testosterone and adrenaline, but without the delibrately aggressive side effects that the Transylvanians noticied. You could say that our serum, while developed independantly of theirs, is actually the second generation!"

"Thank you for explaining that Commander," Andrew said. "So I don't have to worry about becoming a roided-out muscle freak!"

"I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but you are essentially correct," Marge agreed. "While the serum will dramatically enhance your size and strength, it will not dramatically enhance your aggression as well! Our first generation of serum did do that to some personnel around July 2nd, when one of the canisters broke! Fortunately, once your father told us about his research on the same serum, he helped us add mood stabilizers so that the volunteers would only change physically; not emotionally! His company had successfully enhanced some of their secruity guards already, proving that only the positive effects of PCP were experienced! After all, the purpose of this serum is to produce superhuman citizens, not superhuman criminals! Everyone who volunteered for the procedure got an extensive psychological profile and criminal background check for safety reasons!"

"Yeah, you wouldn't want to have a bunch of superhuman criminals running around!" Andrew agreed, as they walked towards the edge of the forest. "Thank you for explaining all that to me just now Commander. Now I know that I can look forward to becoming huge, ripped and freaky strong without becoming a raving lunatic in the process!"

"That's exactly right Andrew," Marge agreed, taking note of his look of excitement. "Just make sure to get some help from Carrie and your friends on how to control your great strength! You will grow bigger and stronger very quickly and we have no idea what the upper limits of your great strength will be!"

"I will remember what you've just told me Commander," Andrew said, shaking her hand gently. "Thanks a lot for a wonderful ten days that will certainly change my life for years to come!"

"You're welcome Andrew," Marge said, waving at Andrew and his friends as they walked by her. "See you all later."

"I can't believe that my dream of superhuman strength is going to come true," Andrew said to Margaret, as they approached their cars.

"Well you'd better believe it Andrew," Margaret advised him. "It's what you've wanted all your life, so don't be afraid to experiment with your strength as it increases, so that you can find its true limits. I am going to invent some denser weights for you so that you can find out the numerical value of your great strength. It occured to me as Marge was talking to you that you will soon become strong enough that regular weights will become useless to you! And what Marge said about getting Carrie and your friends to help you control your great strength is what I was about to suggest to you before the crisis on the station happened. Carrie will no doubt be the best person to help you, since you treat her so gently already!"

"I think you're right Margaret," Andrew realized, opening the car dooor for Carrie. "Thanks a lot for all your help during this unexpected vacation Margaret: I wouldn't be so at ease with the changes I am about to go through without your help."

"I'm glad that I can here for you as you embark on a journey that might pave the way for future generations Andrew," Margaret said, as she got into her car.

Andrew and Carrie waved as Margaret drove down the trail and out of sight. Then Andrew turned back to look at Haunted House, wrapping his arms gently around Carrie.

"I never imagined that my unexpected visit here would have such exciting results!" Andrew said to Carrie. "I can't wait to see what happens next!"

"Then let's go home and find out," Carrie decided, easing out of Andrew's gentle embrace and leading him over to his car.

Andrew smiled at her as they got into the car and buckled up their seatbelts.

"Thanks for being here with me Carrie; I won't be able to deal with my growing strength without you," Andrew informed her, as he started the engine.

"That's why I'm your girlfriend Andrew; I'm here for you when even your friends can't be!" Carrie reminded him, as Andrew turned the car around.

Andrew drove them down the forest trail towards Orillia, and smiled at Carrie; pleased that she was always there for him. As Andrew drove them home, he wondered how his life would change now that he would have superhuman strength.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options